[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am looking for a System where i can create my own powers for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 17624473._SX540_.jpg (63KB, 540x437px) Image search: [Google]
17624473._SX540_.jpg
63KB, 540x437px
I am looking for a System where i can create my own powers for a Shonen Style game, i already know this systems:
Ova
Mutants And Masterminds
Bash
Supers!
BESM

maybe i am crazy and will never find a good system,also pic related
>>
>>49699829
GURPS, unironically.
>>
>>49699840
I see gurps as the inevitable answer, i try to not look at it but the more time passess, the more viable it looks
>>
>tfw i'm working exactly on one that fits that criteria

It's on a pretty early stage though.
>>
>>49699914
can you tell me more about it?
>>
tried to make the same thing with the op, tried a few systems, d20, d100 , mutants and masterminds, none really fit to me. I have come to the conclusion that the correct system is gurps but i'm too much of an underachiever to read 5 or 10 books from i system i have never played and probably never will, but i would definately recommend you to go for it if you can
>>
>>49699829
Wild Talents is better for this than GURPS, which is relaly more geared towards hyper-realistic grumderp.
>>
>>49699840
>>49699913
Naw man. GURPS might not be setting specific, but it's pretty damn genre/tone specific. The level of crunch and grit that's built into the system make it perfect for a very specific set of Anime.... like if I was running Attack on Titan I'd consider it, but not your pic-related.

It can do gritty verisimilitude in mecha (certain seasons of Gundam)

It can do gritty verisimilitude in fantasy (Game of Thrones)

It can do gritty verisimilitude in Shonen Anime (Attack on Titan)

It can do gritty verisimilitude in Urban Arcana... I think you're getting the general idea. It does Gritty verisimilitude in any setting you want, but it doesn't do not-gritty-verisimilitude well at all.

>But anon, GURPS released a whole bunch of books catering to heroic exceptionalism...

And they all suck, and fail at their stated job (though some of those books are great for running Gritty Verisimilitude in Wuxia China.) Each system has strengths and weaknesses, and GURPS is no different.
>>
>>49699829
Wild Talents seems like it could pull off Hunter x Hunter
>>
>>49699829
Tenra Bansho Zero.
>>
>>49702193
Not a gurpsfag here, but I thought it had cinematic and other options to make it do not-gritty-verisimilitude?
>>
>>49703669
how is tenra basho zero combat?
>>
>>49705463

The cinematic options are more for lesser aspects of shows, like how in 80:ies action moves people are blown back, or how only one mook at a time goes at the martial artists, or how everyone forgets they own a gun.

GURPS is not that good at depicting media where the powerlevel fluctuates wildly (like most shounen, most american super comics, etc). The reason for this is simply that GURPS is a pretty precise system and this media is made out of bullshit.

If you want to do bullshit, you need a less precise system like FATE, that allows you to narratively flex more.
>>
>>49699913
>>49699840
>>49702193
GURPS might do very well for Hunter X Hunter actually. The level of details in the fights (that have absolutely not a fucking thing to do with power of friendship but solely come from plans, in the wheels within wheels variation) makes HxH an entirely different beast from the normal fightning shonen genre.

And fuck you Togashi.
>>
Maybe besm , bash or sw
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.