[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 70

File: DropPrep.jpg (245KB, 813x701px) Image search: [Google]
DropPrep.jpg
245KB, 813x701px
/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

Drop Prep edition

>>49678293 Last thread
>Hawk Wargames website, with links to models, rules, and forums
http://www.hawkwargames.com/

>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>DZC Phase 2 units
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 rules and scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9o0mghzvf3gsnzg/Phase2-rulesScenarios.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>free DZC army builders
http://www.dzc-ffor.com/
http://solomonder.com/scoldzap/

>dropfleet preorder, showing prices and lotsa pics
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
http://www.thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

>All currently leaked photos of the DFC rulebook, courtesy of the facebook group and multiple anons
http://imgur.com/a/i48YR

>DFC ship stat pics
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ci1w3beqaeu5nca/AADismn1gX0dYWShk45csdRca?dl=0

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

initial topic: We still haven't seen the last 5 pages of Dropzone/Dropfleet crossplay. Any last minute bets?
>>
Those DZC-DFC interplay rules. hnnnnngggh
>>
I fondly remember the necromunda style campaign rules BFG had, you think there's any chance of that?

With Ships picking up experiemental upgrades and experienced crews over the course of a series of battles it was another example of one of the few gametypes that GW never really got wrong.
>>
>>49698762
I'm not normally one to rag on small companies using Kickstarter for its intended purpose but man is the DfC one pissing me off.
>>
>>49698929
How's the kickstarter pissed you off?
>>
>>49698762

I answered this one last thread.

The rulebook gives you a guide to play with a linear campaign or a tree campaign in which you alternate playing DFC and then DFZ depending on the structure. It is mostly a rough guideline that lets you input anything you want.

For single day events, they have two options:

In one you play a parent dropfleet game with 2-3 child dropzone games for DF one that are tied to larger clusters. Game play interacts by having the dropfleet player be able to land reinforcements where they enter in a medium dropship of standard tanks into the fight i they succeed. (they can also do resistance fighter craft. They can also bombard the table with 3: E13 shot 6+ devestator-3, demo-3, Area-L shot. These templates always scatter 2D6 inches. The one of the dropzone boards should include a orbital laser which if control can fire shots into dropfleet. Total VP from both DF and DZ grant victory.

The other method is a time lapse campaign with one dropfleet map and a dropzone board. As players in DF land infantry and armor tokens - X amount of points is gained to be used in dropzone. Play only dropzone conflicts that results in certain point limits. (these and the points value of each asset token are up to the players. Every time someone does a landing in DF, you fight over the landings that meet the point requirement you set. If a player arrives turns before another, use the attacker defend scenarios.
>>
>>49698906

That isn't in the game, but it could work pretty well.

Might need to fan create it.
>>
>>49698959
Still not fully shipped, loads of people are reporting a lack of tracking details or delivery estimates and now apparently the ones that are arriving don't have retail packaging. Additionally some of the shipping delays are down to them fulfilling retail stock for stores rather than the Kickstarter backers.

The real kicker though is that once again they've not bothered to communicate that on the KS page and people have found out third hand.

I mean, I figured this'd be an utter shitshow since Hawk is a genuine small business and it took Mantic a while to get good at these, it's the lack of communication that gets me.
>>
>>49699028
>Additionally some of the shipping delays are down to them fulfilling retail stock for stores rather than the Kickstarter backers.
Mate, Hawk cannot back out of contractual agreements like that. The long term success of the game and getting distributors to distribute it, and retailers to retail it, is honestly more important then getting all the KS stuff. There's nothing that can be done about it without gimping the game in the long run.
>>
>>49699130
Oh I totally understand, I really do and that's why I'm bitching here rather than doing what others are and putting it on their KS page.

As I say, I was expecting this but it's the lack of communication that annoys me. Realistically this is just a bit of bad news but once again they didn't communicate that news properly.
>>
>>49699183
Thing is, Dave didn't say any delay was due to the retail situation. There's nothing to actually communicate with the KS backers. They are still within their 3 week shipping schedule, so until that's likely to be missed, then there's fuck all to be said to KS backers.
>>
>At skirmish level, the maximum of torpedoes per faction is:
>4 for the UCM (2 New Yorks)
>8 for the Scourge (4 Manticores and 2 Dragons
>8 for the PHR (4 Achilles and 2 Minos)
>>
>>49699469
Can't have SuperHeavies at Skirmish level.
>>
File: PHR tacs.png (568KB, 887x478px) Image search: [Google]
PHR tacs.png
568KB, 887x478px
Tell me /tg/ are torpedos super-good?
Are they better than bomberswarm?
Are they better than bigger broadsides?

I've ordered 2 PHR startersets and I have NO idea what I shoud make.

We are 4 players whom all picked different factions and I got the sphere-worshippers.
>>
>>49699469
Sorry, clash level*

>>49699527
They're pretty much a guaranteed 6 damage each (or 4 +1 damage per turn afterwards for the Scourge), and as such can outright cripple any heavy cruiser sans the PHR's in one hit, and can bring BC's and BB's close to crippled. They're a lot of damage in a small package that cannot miss (and if it does, can try again the next turn), can't be shot down by PD, and has a 50% chance to outright ignore armor entirely.
>>
>>49699641
Torpedoes don't auto critical and can be dodged. Still likely to do damage and crit, but don't think of it as auto.

I think a few of them would be good but spam wouldn't be great
>>
So my main fleets from the KS are gonna be Shaltari and PHR but I'll also be getting some free sprues for Scourge and UCM.

How usable would just the freebies be on their own in game terms? Could you play a decent (albeit tiny) game with them?

If not, I'll probably just make them into debris fields.
>>
>>49699028
>>49699130
>>49699183
>>49699335
What was the actual aim of the kickstarter campaign? I thought it was to produce the Dropfleet Commander game, and get it out on sale. I know this seems like an obvious question, but here's why I'm wondering:
If Hawk don't get the DFC game into stores/on general sale, surely they're breaking the kickstarter specifications just as much as if they don't get backers their models? The entire aim (I thought) of the kickstarter was to produce the game of DFC, if they fail to do that they're not doing what they pledged to do. It's not that backer rewards are the main thing and stores are the afterthought, is what I'm saying, they're still not fulfilling the kickstarter if they don't get the game out to the public.
>>
>>49700109
The main aim of the Kickstarter was to allow Hawk to produce the cruisers and frigates in plastic rather than resin.
I'm pretty sure it was said that the game itself would have happened but slower and with most of the models being resin/metal like DZC.
>>
>>49699699
>>49699641
Thanks. I thought it might be cool to just spam ALL the torpedos given their supposed rarity in the description, but I thank you for clearing up that misconception.

Does 4 Torpedoes for a PHR list sound good?
>>
>>49700489
4 torps either means four Achilles, two Achilles and a Minos, or two Minos, an we're also assuming a 1500 point list.
>four Achilles
Possible, but the heavy guns are rather mediocre compared to the medium guns, even against heavy targets, and you're probably better off saving a few of those heavy slots for Bells and Leos

>two Achilles and a Minos
Better, but it's still a skew towards heavy ships as you're still going to be bringing along a Leo or a Bell along with those two Achilles. In addition, since you only have one flag group, you're giving up the Heracles and it's DMC for the Minos' torps and neutron missiles.

>two Minos
Simply not possible, as you'd be over 1/3 your points limit in just that one flag group.

4 torps is pushing it, I'd probably cut it down to just 3 (Minos and Achilles), or possibly even just 2 (two Achilles) so you could take a Heracles. Then again, the Minos may turn out to be insanely good.
>>
>>49700489
I think you are over estimating the value of torpedoes.

The DMC seems to be a lot better. And so many achilles means you are missing out on the awesome Bell.

I could see maybe two Achillies or one Minos and go from there. DZ was always about balance combined arms. It looks like DF is going to be the same.
>>
>>49701005
Torpedoes are lock 2+, 6 damage
DMC is lock 2+, 3 damage (but two shots)
Right?
And crippling. And can be done every turn.
>>
Update, saying what we already know:

>An Update

Dave has been over at Beasts of War for a number of days, and we are hoping that many of you will have seen the update to backers that was on the recent Weekender video. But for those of you who haven’t seen the video or the reviews on it about the Rulebook, we have put together some information below. There will also be a range of videos coming out over the next few weeks with various focuses, whether that is gameplay, spaceships or space stations!

>Kickstarter Fulfilment Update

As many of you will have seen, we have been packing and dispatching a plethora of orders, with many leaving the Hawk Warehouse on a daily basis! Our UPS and Interlink drivers have had to make several return trips with larger vans to pick up what have been going out!

Over the past 2 weeks the team at Hawk have been hard at work packing and dispatching Kickstarter pledges for Dropfleet Commander, and although we are making good progress, the logistical complexity of processing 4000 individual orders is proving to be very time consuming, and though this was planned for, the delay caused by the printed elements has further delayed the shipping, more than recently anticipated.

We have increased the number of warehouse staff and secured additional warehouse space to help expedite the delivery process, as well as sending down a number of our own ‘elite team’ to help move and pack items. We wish to emphasise that the delays in fulfilment are no way due to lack of fulfilment stock and are purely reflective of the volume of orders to be processed mixed with the delay in receiving the printed material.
>>
>Dropfleet Commander Wave 1 Retail Release

Most of you will be aware that the wave 1 of the Dropfleet Commander retail release is scheduled for the 14th of October and unfortunately it is likely that there will still be some Kickstarter pledges awaiting delivery at this point.

Since the retail release consists of around a dozen pre-arranged bulk shipments of stock to distributors, delaying wave 1 of the release would not actually speed up the Kickstarter fulfilment process. This is a hard pill to swallow for us, as we have put so much effort into endeavouring to get this Kickstarter delivered before release, but we also have to be conscious of the game and with agreements made with our distribution partners.

We will, therefore, be proceeding with wave 1 of the retail release on the 14th of October as many wheels are in motion for it, and we hope that you, as our backers, will understand that we are doing everything in our power to ensure completion of the Kickstarter fulfilment in October.
>>
>What are we doing to Prioritise Kickstarter Fulfilment?

In addition to the hiring of temp staff, increased warehouse space and deployment of the Hawk elite team, we have taken the decision to defer wave 2 of the retail release. Whilst the deferring of wave 1 of the retail release would not impact Kickstarter fulfilment, pushing back the wave 2 release does mean that the warehouse staff allocated for manufacture of the battleships can be reallocated to Kickstarter fulfilment as a priority.

We are also withdrawing the sale of promotional stock at our Dropfleet pre-release events, and will be focusing every available member of the Hawk Wargames team toward the completion of the Kickstarter fulfilment in October.

We appreciate the patience and understanding shown by you, our backers, and our supporters as we reach the final stages of delivery. It has been a big process, but we are extremely proud of the finished product and we hope that when it reaches you, you will find that it was worth the wait.

Here is the video from Beasts of War if you would like to see it - Hawk Wargames Content begins at around 1:03:50:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJUJYx9ozl0
>>
And of course, and insightful comment from our friendly co-backer, Ian

>"Since the retail release consists of around a dozen pre-arranged bulk shipments of stock to distributors, delaying wave 1 of the release would not actually speed up the Kickstarter fulfilment process"
>how do you fathom that one out ? do these order need to be packed I think they do or did lol which means people that could have be used to pack the backer stuff are being used to pack this instead unless you use magic.
>I am not saying by any means this should not be done as its a business and its what must be done for the game to succeed for all our goods gamer's and company alike i dont care if I dont get my stuff till weeks after the release but dont spout nonsense.
>and for gods sake include the damn boxes for at least teh 2player starter sets in the backers orders help prevent things not being packed
>>
>>49701136
Yup, DMC is the gift that keeps on giving. The crippling chart is devastating.
>>
>all the asshurt in the KS comments
Holy fuck, this is hilarious
>>
File: Lopez.jpg (8KB, 210x295px) Image search: [Google]
Lopez.jpg
8KB, 210x295px
>>49699527
God damn, I still can't decide between the studio scheme, royal purple, or a flashy Ferrari red with a touch of MCRN for good measure.

I'll have to paint my Scourge and Shaltari first and see if I can put them in a nice triangle on the color wheel somehow.
>>
>>49698762

I kinda want bulk lander drop ships in Dropzone now.

They're slower than Ravens but can hold a whole 30 guys
>>
>>49702538
Bulk landers hold thousands of troops. You are descibing a medium dropship.
>>
>>49702627

I didn't realize the ships in the OP are just the butts of Ravens, I thought they were fat landers like the ones from dropship troopers
>>
>>49702627

Honestly a medium dropship that could hold 60 guys for UCM would be pretty fuckin neato
>>
>>49702790
It's fluffed out that the largest hot-drop (non bulk lander) group of infantry that the UCM will have is 30, being two bears in a condor. Having any more than that makes too many troops vulnerable to AA, which is why no bears in an albatross.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 960x960px
>>49702808

Can't always win, I guess.

how about A5 elite immortals who deploy in drop pods
>>
File: shipbrakers soban.jpg (1MB, 2560x1803px) Image search: [Google]
shipbrakers soban.jpg
1MB, 2560x1803px
>>49702284
I've already figured out what I'm going to do for my UCM. pic related

I'm probably going to do a Amarr paint job on my PHR ships. IE cream/bone white primary, black metal secondary with gold trim and detail.
>>
>>49702840

Actually how about legitimate book starship troopers mobile infantry suits that are deployed by orbital drop but work kinda like those mini walkers that the shaltari have?

Except they can go in buildings and have flamethrowers I guess
>>
>>49702952
We sort of already have that with the Hazard suits
>>
>>49702971

Yeah but jump jets and post humanism
>>
File: 1475202798256.jpg (204KB, 876x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1475202798256.jpg
204KB, 876x1920px
>>49703089
Silly boy. In the future, being cool is a woman's job.
>>
>>49703119
>no power armour
>no flamethrowers
>no giant cannons
>no jump jets
2/10 try again. At least Valkyries have kickass jetpacks.
>>
>>49703319
>woman in leotard and handguns able to destroy Shaltari light tanks, and kill power armor jump jet cannon troopers
>>
File: 31.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
31.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>49703329
>she can only shoot 12 inches
>not even that against tanks
>she doesn't even have a railgun
>>
>>49703515
I once won a game because Sirens went to the windows and demolished an apartment building with their handguns, crushing the objective and six bases of enemy infantry.

enjoy, baselines.
>>
>>49703329
he said try again, not greentext about how much they lack power armor, jump jets and flamethrowers and are thus completely invalid in the coolness department
>>
File: 1448654050808.jpg (64KB, 706x738px) Image search: [Google]
1448654050808.jpg
64KB, 706x738px
>>49701197
>half-covered picture of the White Sphere itself sitting in what looks like an impact crater
PREAMBLE HYPE

I hope the book has art of the initial Scourge invasion fleet being huge, nothing gets me going like good story-themed art.

>>49703623
My PHR collection currently has a box each of Immortals and Valkyries. Between Longreach snipers or Sirens, which would be a more fun addition?
>>
File: tachikoma drider.jpg (157KB, 1165x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tachikoma drider.jpg
157KB, 1165x1000px
>>49703690
There is art of the initial scourge invasion on Hawk's instagram page.

I wonder if we'll get one of these for PHR.
>>
>>49703690

Sirens are legitimately fun as infantry but everyone knows you'll use them and what to expect

Longreach teams can put 10 shaped charge rounds on a hard target, 10 E7 rounds on a softer target and unsurprisingly will mass rape infantry on walls. They're also okay at just shooting buildings if they lack any other target
>>
>Hawk's poor communication is now "appallingly bad"
Wew
>>
>>49704282
this has been by far the worst kickstarter, just about ever. At this rate its unlikely this game will succeed, given the staggering incompetence and poor planning by Hawk Wargames at just about every juncture.
>>
After agonizing over a potential impulse purchase all evening, I've decided that if I can get these Shaltari and PHR models assembled and actually give the game a couple practice matches by next weekend I'll finally order Phases 1 and 2 along with a ton of PHR and Vallejo paints.

Otherwise it's a bit premature to be getting expansions for a game I haven't personally played yet.
>>
>>49704304
Do not bully
>>
File: prepare to be bullied nerds.jpg (298KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
prepare to be bullied nerds.jpg
298KB, 1000x1000px
>>49704417
>>
>>49704658
DO NOT
>>
>>49704691
>>
>>49704715
Nej
>>
File: 01-Shaltari-Firstborn.jpg (107KB, 663x960px) Image search: [Google]
01-Shaltari-Firstborn.jpg
107KB, 663x960px
>>49704715
YOU'LL REGRET THAT
BANKAI!
>>
>>49704789
>>49704748
nothing can top it now
>>
I like in the video, you see a clip of the tech schematic of the New Orleans carriers. It says the escape pods hold 42 people.

So... our earlier speculation a few editions ago was pretty dead on. Damnit Dave, stop making things constantly make engineering sense.
>>
>>49705170
what time?
>>
> Be Khell
> Be of the most negative KS commenters
> Pretent to reluctantly agree with another negatron
> I'm going to have to side with Ralph on this one.

My favorite KS commenter by far.
>>
Half these kickstarter morons need to just choke on some legos and die, based on their apparent IQs.

"Another two week delay? I'll never buy a hawk product again!"
"This is a betrayal of trust!"

Seriously, I assume everyone posting is either a minor or a NEET who's never held an actual job. Half these people seem to think that it's totally cool for the game to crash and burn at the distributor level 'BECUZ DEY PROMISED MEEEE!'
>>
>>49705428
Feel free to give them a piece of your mind, anon, I'd love to see what objections they come up with.
>>
File: 200000000MAD.png (2MB, 987x720px) Image search: [Google]
200000000MAD.png
2MB, 987x720px
>Wow. Delays are understandable but there's no way you just figured this out. I was going to be the member of my local store in SF (Gamescape; which is the only real game store in the city) to use my pledges to demo the game and try and entice the community to invest in this game. Instead they haven't ordered any from you because they don't want to waste shelf space on a game no one has played before and now won't order this game prior to holidays. Since, I will not be getting my copies as repeatedly promised (and now repeatedly lied to) and all the holiday money that players could of use to invest in new games won't go to DFC as I was hoping to build a fan base.
>Fail.

>there's no reason why Hawk can't delay retail, they said
>2 weeks won't make or break the game, they said
>nevermind the fact that the holiday season is coming up
>>
>>49705712
You're in SF? Shit, I'm in Oakland, and some people I know are in SF.
Games need to be played the instant our stuff gets in. Instant community.
>>
>>49705726
Sorry to get your hopes up anon, but I copy pasted that from the KS.
>>
>read main KS comments
>anger and toxicity
>read update KS comments
>positivity, well wishes, and patience

Really makes you think
>>
Actual Quote:
>It isnt that difficult to understand and Hawk has now FAILED to successfully deliver this game by not postponing retail release until they fulfill all backers.
Translation:
>WHAA! I want /my/ shit faster than anyone else's. Fuck the game's health and fuck anyone not me. How dare they not create a DELAY for other people, because they created a delay for me!
>excuse me while I wish I had tokyo-chan as my waifu
>>
File: MSN_00100_HYAKUSHIKI.jpg (526KB, 1500x1037px) Image search: [Google]
MSN_00100_HYAKUSHIKI.jpg
526KB, 1500x1037px
>>49702942
>>49702284

I'm not going to do anything flashy for my UCM, probably just a black undercoat and drybrush some naval grey on. AKA the same method as my FSA stuff.

That one PHR Cruiser and Frigate sprue however... I'm going with pic related.

Anyone know of a really high gloss gold undercoat spray I could use?
>>
>>49705828
I don't think their taste in waifus is anywhere near that good, anon.
>>
File: wat.jpg (367KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
367KB, 2048x1536px
Rare thread time

Mirin overpass I'm working on?
>>
>>49706047
That looks fantastic. Even the normally crappy plastic UCM troops look good in it.
>>
>>49706047
Very cool!
>>
File: unspecified.jpg (413KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.jpg
413KB, 2048x1536px
>>49700570
>>49701005
>>49701136

Thing is, in my mind those Torpedoes are NOT why you take the Minos, those are just the icing on the cake, the reason you take the Minos.
The reason you take the minos is that it's the carrier of the most deadly Close Action Weapons in the game, and that's a hotly contested award.
From the Strix/Wyvern classes sheer brute force approach, the Scourge Battleships deadly crithunting 2+ Lockon CAW's or the Shaltari PD immune Beam CAWs, there's plenty of options around for the admiral who likes to brawl up close.
But of them all, only the Minos does double damage WITH crippling AND a 2+ Lock-On AND it has a 270 degree arc of fire BUT WAIT THERES MORE!
Because it's a PHR Battleship it has a Scan Range of 10"! Which is only two inches short of Shaltari scan range, and we've discussed previously how good Shaltari CAW ships are because of their ridiculous scan.

Sure the DMC has better range since it's 10"+Target Signature, but the DMC is F(n) so anyone starting outside of your 45 degree front arc wont be getting twatted with it this turn, it means going weapons free requiring a two turn setup. It has Bloom, so everytime you use the Dark Matter Penis Compensator you increase your sig to 18", generally meaning that ships half the board away can now target you and lastly. The DMC cannot do as much damage as the Neutron Missiles can, as it's top damage is 6 (plus whatever the crippling roll turns up) whilst max potential damage for the Jimmy Neutrons is 8.

Sure, unlikely to happen and I think the two will usually do about the same amount of damage in real terms. But the potential is there.

Oh, and sure, the Minos has a pair of Torpedoes as well, whatever.
>>
File: m5ctd5fomws38vgdr45j.jpg (8KB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
m5ctd5fomws38vgdr45j.jpg
8KB, 200x113px
>>49706047

Amazin, we are all totes jelly
>>
>>49706121
The damage potential with the Neutron missiles is high, but lets be real how many volleys are you going to get in?

If someone sees you closing range with this guy they are going to use every weapon they have and more. If you are withing ten inches of me chances are most of my army can see you. even with 22 DP enough focus fire and that guy is going down.

DMC has significantly better range and can threaten targets right away. Bloom isn't an issue if you use standard orders which negate the spike at the end of turn. You keep the Heracles back and scan with a small BG start taking out targets ASAP. 6 damage with crippling is enough to basically neuter most cruisers so it may only need one shot even if they survive. Standard UCM cruiser needs 6 damage to hit crippling, which 2 shots from the DMC will cause in addition to the 2 crippling rolls the hits cause. Anything that survives will be so badly damaged it won't matter.
>>
>>49700570
>>49701005
Once again, thanks a LOT for the feedback. As I'm very new to DFC I havent managed to glean much more information than what people are saying in these threads.
>>
I've had a thought for a phr scheme- while IMO theyre the hardest to get a scheme for due to their smoothness, I had an idea- a bentusi looking scheme.

Tan~ outline for the main smooth parts, with a dark grey for the internal bits, orange/ yellow glow for engines, and metallic guns, maaaybe brassy / bronze guns?
>>
>>49706273
The alternate one is the silvery kadesh look, which would fit with the bomber spam lists
>>
>>49706207

Look, there is no doubt in my mind that the Herc and Minnie are the two best Battleships in the game, I just feel that the Minos has a lot to contribute as well and shouldn't always be overlooked in favour of the Herc.
>>
Escape pods contains up to 42 people. So the rough estimate of 50 made a few threads back is pretty damn close.
>>
File: 1474850332690.png (61KB, 801x860px) Image search: [Google]
1474850332690.png
61KB, 801x860px
>>49706273
>>49706287
Seems a good excuse to post this again.
>>
>>49706295
Have to disagree with you. The Diamond is a better delete button than the Heracles, longer range, much lower sig and the Triad is three 2 damage shots with crippling and particle, so not even shields can stop it.
Remember, you need to role a critical and do at least 1 hull damage for crippling to kick in so the Diamond should be more consistent.
As for the Minos, two torpedoes give it a massive alpha strike but once they're gone I don't think that D3+1 shots on the Neutron missiles is that great even with crippling.
The Daemon is probably the best brawling/gun battleship.
>>
>>49706207
>>49706121

I think the Minos is superior to the Herc.
Hear me out: DMC's a better weapon than the Neutron missiles. But: It has a narrow channel that means you're facing your target. It's a better sniper sure.

But Minos has a combination of things. It has a nastier alpha strike: I'd rather hit a target with two torpedos for possibly 12 damage, than a DMC. Up close, you can turn broadside and unmask your guns, which are still non-trivial, and obliterate a target with them AND the neutron missiles.

Add in the long scan range, and I feel the Minos is really going to be trashing things better than the Herc in general, as you'll be losing either the guns or the DMC for the most part as a Herc. Being able to focus all weapons on a single target is big.
>>
>>49706581
>I don't think that D3+1 shots on the Neutron missiles is that great even with crippling.

It's double damage on something that crits on a 4+ so on average about half your rolls are gonna be crits that do 2 damage each. On the other hand, that does make Point Defence more effective against it, as it will have less individual hits, in fact I think it's possible that a Minos may really struggle to do damage with it's Neutrons against a Scourge BB due to their great PD scores, and a UCM BB with Jakarta Support? Forget about it.

But still, let's not forget that unlike the Herc, the Minos can use ALL of it's weapon systems on a single target without having to go weapons free, so it wont JUST be dealing with the Neutrons, but also 6 2+ Heavy Carronades and potentially a pair of Torps on the alpha.
Those guns alone should be doing 3 Crits and 2 Hits a turn to any Battleship it targets, and that shit adds up, and a pair of Torps should expect to do 9 damage to a target, which will cripple any battleship outside of the PHR all by itself.
>>
>>49706581
Where does the idea that particle lances ignore passive countermeasures (aka shields) come from? The rulebook explicity says that passive countermesures can be taken against crits, and those saves aren't considered armour saves.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ci1w3beqaeu5nca/AADismn1gX0dYWShk45csdRca?dl=0&preview=Firing+2.jpg

Another thing I personally just noticed is that saves are taken against _each_ hull point of dmg suffered, not per attack. Which is quite interesting.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ci1w3beqaeu5nca/AADismn1gX0dYWShk45csdRca?dl=0&preview=Firing+3.jpg
>>
>>49706678
Supposedly it's under the rules for Particle weapons that they ignore passive saves. We haven't had that page leaked yet, but an anon with the book filled us in.
>>
>>49706699
Alright. That means hedgehog blue on blue is gonna be a fucking massacre. As it should!
>>
>>49706678
Particle rule ignores shields, just like in DZC.

So 2 attacks of 1 damage each are always superior to 1 attack of 2 damage? That's good to know.
>>
In a 1000-1500pt list, how many of each ship-class should we expect to see?

Anyone have any estimates, if we're thinking balanced lists and not skew-heavy ones.
>>
>>49706803

Well, they upped the points for everything for release so...

Scourgewise, I've already planned out my 1500pt list and I get 1 Battleship, 1 BC, 6 Cruisers, 8 Frigates. So that's a total of 16 models, and that's utilising Light Cruisers a lot, so that's probably around the upper level of what you'd expect to see.
>>
>Update is 24hrs late. Damage has been done. Once bitten twice shy and all that. If my pledgw doesn't arrive with a retail box then I'm considering that a missing item.
Reminder that if you have actual ship models missing or damaged from your backer rewards, there might be a delay in getting that dealt with because apparently Hawk need to send 4000 empty cardboard boxes as a higher priority.
>>
>>49706758
Average damage is still going to be the same though.

2 attacks doing 1 dmg will have more even distribution though compared to 1 attack doing 2 dmg.
>>
>>49706803
Been playing with lists a little bit to pass the time, one battleship and two starter fleets (6 cruisers & 8 frigates) generally gets to around 1500, depending on exactly how you build your cruisers - I tend to have at least a few of the more expensive heavy cruisers and strike craft carriers in lists. But obviously that's how a non-backer may get into the game, backers may have battlecruisers and extra cruiser sprues so may build lists differently.

Worth noting that a ship's tonnage counts for controlling critical locations (e.g. a cruiser counts as 5, heavy cruiser counts as 10, while a frigate only counts as 1) so going too frigate-heavy will mean you struggle to hold critical locations. I do feel around 5-6 cruisers is a good idea as a result.
>>
Anyone have any good suggestion for a Double PHR-startingset shipspread?
I honestly don't know which Battlecruiser/Heavycruisers are good except the Bell, and choosing the frigates seems even harder.
>>
>>49706824
>user was banned for this comment

One can only dream
>>
>>49707012

What battle level and points level do you think you want? Double PHR starter with KS rewards means you have 7 Cruiser sprues and 3 Frigate Sprues for a total of 12 Frigates.

4 Cruisers and 8 Frigates clocks in at around 900pts, so how about 1500pts?

PHR do have a lot of options though I agree. The Bell as your Vanguard choice seems solid, at 1500pts you could pair it up with an Achilles to help deal with those Heavy Cruisers, which for your first few games at this level you are going to see a LOT of. Equally valid would be a second Bellerophon, but that means no way of fitting an Achilles in, but if you aren't too worried about it go nut.
You have enough Cruisers to use Theseus squadrons as your bread and butter, although that depends on how many Troop ships you want to take, because as of yet we just don't know what is the correct Troopship to Fleet ratio is, especially at higher levels.
It might be worth taking an Ikarus or Orion as your go to choices instead. Then there's the frigates, PHR are kind of spoilt for choice when it comes to frigates, BTL Frigates are nice but possibly the most expensive frigates in the game. Do you take Carrier Frigates and slosh them onto your double Bell vanguard squad? Yeah. It's a tricky one.
>>
>>49707377
Thanks a lot for the Bell+Achilles combo suggestion. I did not know that Theseus was bread and butter tiered, so thats nice to know.

But again, thanks for the insight.
>>
>>49707465
Don't underestimate the Orion, an anon that's got their ships and played a couple of games reported that it's really rather good. With apologies for muddying the waters, personally I'd go with Orions as the core of the fleet rather than Theseuses.

Another thing that came up was apparently a pair of Europas added to a general broadside ship (Orion/Theseus/Ajax/Orpheus/whatever) gives you a battlegroup with really solid firepower.

And finally, it's sounding like a mixture of troop landers is essential, you shouldn't just stick to frigates or cruisers for this purpose. We don't yet how many troopships is optimal for different points levels, but I'd take a pair of Medeas and an Orpheus in basically every fleet. (I prefer the look of Orpheus to the Ganymede because, if you ignore the troop capacity, it's basically a heavy cruiser version of the Ajax in its own right. I mean, I'd probably take an Orpheus even if it couldn't land troops.)
>>
>>49707552
>>49707465

The Theseus is more bread and butter at lower points teirs really, if you have the points Orions are probably better.

I'd go on to say that the Theseus is one of the better Light Cruisers, but to be honest with you most of the Light Cruisers are one of the better cruisers, outside of the UCM ones which don't really gain more than they lose in armour and HP, let alone guns.
Meanwhile the Scourge get the glass cannon of the Stryx, Shaltari have LC's that can turn at any point in their movement, and actually decent firepower (unless you want to play Impel shenanigans) and then there's the Theseus that's almost as tough as a UCM cruiser and probably going to do more hits on their broadsides as well, but for Light Cruiser costs (and are also the only LC which you can take in groups of 1 to round off your numbers)

All that said, if you have the budget to take the Orion's 1-2 Grouping up on it's offer then go for it.
>>
>>49707012

Did you get double PHR BCs too?

Scipio, Leo, Bellepheron, Theseus, Orion, Ajax, Orpheus (or Ganymede, Icarus and the extra cruiser can be a duplicate of one of the above ships.
>>
Out of interest, how is "Ajax" pronounced? Is the J soft (i.e. not really pronounced as a J at all) or hard?
>>
>>49708057
It's pronounced "ahah"
>>
>>49708003
No. I just ordered off the Wayland site since it had everything DFC for 25% off one day.
For now I'm limited to only 2 core-sets and no Battleship.
>>
>>49708069
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914
>>
>>49708263

Oh neat. Yeah you couldn't go wrong with a nice spread of the good cruisers, so Orion, Ajax, Theseus, Orpheus, Bellepheron and an Icarus. You'll use most of these in any single non-skew fleet.

The Frigates are interesting and more up to preference. I would recommend probably 2-3 strike carriers (medea) since they're your objective grabbers but all of the frigates are good at what they do and you can't really go wrong.

PHR frigates in particular seem to be add ons to a bigger ship and they're great if you think of them that way. It also helps that they're the same armor save as the cruisers and have 5 HP.

I do recommend taking frigates in pairs though even if you aren't required to.

Do I want to add 3 more shots to each side of my Orion? Europas

Do I want to add another mini BTL to my Ajax? Pandoras

What about adding some launch capacity to my Scipio? Andromedas

Add the ability to cuck a BTL shot at my flagship? Callistos

>>49708057

In the English speaking world you're going to hear A(eyy)-Jacks. Hard J.
>>
>>49707012
Achilles is made for heavy killing and bad at other things, but very good at heavy killing. Leo is good frontline ship to charge through middle and shoot broadsides. Scipio is like Bell and Leo had baby, more close to Leo in function but very good all rounder. Hector is not so good, very unfocused for high price.

Frigates are all good, but you should have 2 Calypso and 2 Medea before making others. If you have indecision just roll dice or something.
>>
File: 1444228803427.jpg (93KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1444228803427.jpg
93KB, 640x640px
>>49708355
>>49708459
Thanks /tg/-bros.
>>
>>49708528
You are welcome. Advice requires only small fee.
>>
>>49704304
KS is literally "asking suckers to fund our idea for a slight discount on the goods" aka "no risk investment". Unless the savings are amazing, you're literally handing the company money for nothing.
>>
At this point, all I'd like to see are some BatReps from people who have gotten their stuff, just to see how close our theory crafting was in the end.
>>
>>49708751

To be fair I did get a pretty substantial discount on my ships and add ons
>>
>>49708775
Its double hector double perseus all day and night bro

They call it the way of the Cyberdong
>>
>>49709015
Then at least you had an excuse for preordering something that will not be limited in availability.
>>
>>49709106

Anyone who backed as a high level backer got a ton of free stuff which made it a better deal than even the discount from wayland.

Low level backers also got enough extra goodies to out do that 20% MSRP but not by very much.
>>
>>49709147
Although, even with the delays, Hawk's probably a fuckload more reliable at delivering on time than Wayland.
>>
>>49709227

There are political parties better at delivering on time than Wayland though. There are Aztec Doomsday prophecies with a better track record than fucking Wayland.

The ONLY time I ever buy from them is when it's from their physical stall at SALUTE, where I can tell that they actually have the product I want because I am holding it in my hand.

Even then I'll give it an experimental shake just to make sure.
>>
>kickstarter comments have reached maximum autism
Holy fuck, these nerds really do take their plastic spaceships seriously.
>>
Holy shit..I assume most backers were british, the entitled, bratty whining in the comment section is exactly my experience when it comes to british as customers.
>>
>>49709227
>>49709267
Is wayland really THAT bad?
I've never ordered from them before, but that 25% price drop was very tempting to say the least.
>>
>>49709468
If by some miracle they have the item in stock, they're as good as any other company. If they don't, and the stock levels are..estimated at best, you're gonna wait until the new ice age.
>>
>>49709480
>>49709468

Yeah, the reason it's always so cheap is because they ONLY buy in bulk, so if your order isn't a hot topic it's unlikely to ever generate enough orders to fulfil their discount criteria so it's never going to happen.
>>
File: 12332432.png (296KB, 683x466px) Image search: [Google]
12332432.png
296KB, 683x466px
>I've quit Kickstarting. It's not because of the failed or disappointing projects, it's because of the white knights who defend a failure. The Kickstarter community has made me hate supporting anything because at a time when we should be unified against mistakes and lies, they defend the indefensible. They victim-blame and trot out the same tire rhetoric about "Kickstarter is not a store". Well, sorry, no, it IS a store. If it quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, and you cook it and serve it and everybody says what a tasty god-damned duck you made, I'd say it's an f'ing duck.
>>
>>49709568
Khell strikes again!
You would think him being a superbacker would mean that he had some understanding how KS works.
>>
>>49709642
>>49709568
Looked through his comments. Talk about being a negative nancy.
>>
>>49706273
don't forget to paint ruins over the smooth bits.
>>
>>49709568
>Yeah, kinda resigned myself to the fact that I'd be lucky to get this before retail last week.
The other thing the kickstarter chucklefucks are forgetting is there's still like three weeks between now and the likely date DFC goes on general sale (looking at some stores' preorder dates of end of October). Three whole weeks of Hawk shipping backer rewards non-stop. It's not a given at all that they won't get their stuff before the game is in stores. But no, even a week ago OldNick knew he wouldn't get his stuff before retail.
>>
>>49709568
>you're a white knight if you don't agree with my in/valid complaints about the project manager
>forget defending the project for the sake of supporting the manager with positivity, to attempting to ensure it will be a success in the public sphere, or just calling you out as being retarded
>you're obviously just paid shills or moles
Not even /v/ or /pol/ are this paranoid.
>>
What depresses me is, those twats whinging in the kickstarter comments are part of the game's community. Now, maybe we'll get lucky and none of them will be in any anon's local area, but maybe they will be. It may seem like we're going on about the kickstarter comments in these threads a lot, but I just can't imagine that people like that will be fun to play against. Like, if they're this curmudgeonly and joyless on the internet they're unlikely to be the sort of wargamers that deal with rule disputes with a smile and a handshake, for example.
>>
>>49709926
>most of them are british or canadian
>tfw live in the southern states
I think I'll be fine, but I feel bad for you britbongs, yanks, and leaves.
>>
>>49709926
One of the backers in my area has hints of this behavior sadly. There was whining last weekend about the kickstarter "not communicating" while shipping pledges. Oh, and of course about the delay being unacceptable.
Said person is a bit... weird though and has odd notions about things in general.
>>
>I ordered this for me but looks like as a Trader I will be getting the Trade stock first, very poor service. I may just have well have waited and got it with my Trade discount. You have stated from the start that all Kickstarter orders would be shipped before Trade orders. This is now not going to happen and I now want some extra free items for you lying to us about this. Trade should have been pushed back until late October or until all Kickstarter orders had been sent out first.

>and I now want some extra free items for you lying to us about this.
>I now want some extra free items
>lying
>>
>>49710370
No, come on, there's no fucking way anyone can be that self-centred and greedy. Please tell me you made this one up. I don't want to check the kickstarter comments, my poor battered faith in humanity couldn't take seeing it for real.
>>
File: b89b197ca1[1].png (13KB, 718x170px) Image search: [Google]
b89b197ca1[1].png
13KB, 718x170px
>>49710577
I'm sorry, anon; from the latest update.
>>
File: P1260121[1].jpg (270KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1260121[1].jpg
270KB, 1600x1200px
Have some alternate color schemes that someone painted at the Wayland event.
>>
File: ungsc[1].jpg (254KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ungsc[1].jpg
254KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>49710680

BANANA!
>>
File: pmucm[1].jpg (271KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pmucm[1].jpg
271KB, 1600x1200px
>>
File: Scpms[1].jpg (282KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Scpms[1].jpg
282KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>49710695

Hmm, I'm not sure about some of these schemes. I mean B is the most striking, but I don't really get UCM vibes from it you know? PHR or Shaltari would look good with that scheme though.

The orange on the Toloun looks nice though... wait, had he used the wrong bridge design by mistake?
Not that they aren't interchangable I suppose.

>>49710707

Now these ALL look great, but how do you get the variated effect on them? The Purple green one looks great, but I also quite like the grey and silver one with bronze highlights.
Heck, silver and yellow looks a LOT better than the white and yellow of >>49710680
>>
>>49710670
B is rebel alliance
>>
File: eca7052134[1].png (9KB, 490x31px) Image search: [Google]
eca7052134[1].png
9KB, 490x31px
>>49710748
Pic related is the link to the blogpost, since 4chan apparently things everything is spam.
>>
>>49710814
>Pic related is the link to the blogpost,
That the guy who did these posted*
>>
>>49709973
Which southern state friendo?
>>
>>49710851
Texas, north Dallas area to be precise.
>>
>>49710865
Nigga, I'm in north Austin.
>>
>>49709973
I'm a britbong so I'm probaby fucked.
>>
>>49710891
Ayyy
To bad I'm a uni student with no transportation besides a 3 year old bike, which means I'm limited to anyone on campus and within 15 miles
>>
>>49710670

Ugh. Want to paint an UCM cruiser or maybe some heavier ship in red/white/blue with scorch marks and call it "The Unsinkable".

Need to cut my hands off before I buy something that I never gonna play.
>>
>>49710577
I've had the bad luck to work CS for a while, and this is a very common thing unfortunately. And more often than not, you'll have to bend over backwards to please those fucks because good customers get nothing, but whiny bitches get all the compensation in the world for their perceived woes.
>>
>>49710670
>>49710695
Really like the red and grey schemes. They yellow/grey is okay, but not for me. The green is interesting, feel it might fit PHR better though.

>>49710680
>>49710707
Like the deep red, and the green/black stripes (although the stripes themselves are a little too perfect on that one).
>>
>>49710925
>uni

And that blows man. You should have gone glorious IT credentials route, no college so no debt and you'd have about 4 more years of experience on everyone else.
>>
File: rkOZ8JB.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
rkOZ8JB.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
A couple of pics from someone who has got their models, giving a bit of an idea of relative scale.

http://imgur.com/a/dJ3zH
>>
File: WDAUYpQ.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
WDAUYpQ.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I do like the shenlong.
>>
File: wXautM5.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
wXautM5.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
(Apologies if this one's rotated. It shouldn't be, but you never know...)
>>
>>49712074
Shenlong starts looking a bit better with angles like that. I never noticed that the expanded banks are fins coming off the front.
>>
>>49712242
Yeah, those two shots of it from above really make it look nice. Given that's the angle you'll mostly be looking at them from while playing it's a good sign.
>>
>viva la dropfleet
Kek
>>
>>49712090

I love how chunky the Leo looks. A part of me regrets a little not going for it, but I couldn't really given that I'm only getting a starter set, not a PHR fleet.

I wonder if there's any way of kitbashing one together with cruiser parts similar to how you can argue you can make a Johannasburg for the UCM using standard cruiser parts.
>>
>>49712467
Might be doable. I'd be astonished if someone doesn't try to kitbash battlecruisers out of plastic cruiser parts.
>>
Commodore reporting in. I have all the start sets coming and a ton of free shit.

Problem is I have forgotten about this game untill now, so I have no idea what is going on or which ships to build. Which leads me to the following:

Is there a definitive magnetization strategy formed? Where would I find such manuscripts?
>>
>bulk retail is packed the same way as individual backer rewards
What did they mean by this
>>
>>49712662
>Is there a definitive magnetization strategy formed? Where would I find such manuscripts?
Fellow commodore hear, I'll be posting some stuff Inna thread when I get my stuff and can take proper measurements.
>>
>>49710814
Use .co.nz instead.

4chan doesn't believe in New Zealand.
>>
>>49712467

All a Johannesburg would have to be is a Moscow with the Seattle carrier section
>>
>>49712699
You are a God among men.
>>
>>49712662
Depends on your race.
For most races, smart magnetization is probably best. For UCM for example, just build a bunch of standard cruiser hulls and leave the two bottom hardpoints as magnetized swaps for turrets, laser, troop deck or bombardment cannons. Same with the light cruisers.

Not worth it for PHR aside from swapping out the broadside bays.

Dunno how Shaltari or Scourge would work.
>>
File: scourge starter.jpg (135KB, 794x529px) Image search: [Google]
scourge starter.jpg
135KB, 794x529px
>>49712074
>>49712090
Just realised, looking at official pics, I think this guy's technically built his shenlong wrong. I think it's only meant to have two crests at the front, one big and one small so the ship's slightly asymmetric. I prefer what he's done however, with the symmetric triple crest.
>>
>>49712919
How do you mean not worth it for PHR?
>>
>>49713226
He did it correctly, if you look at the official pic you can see the very top of the right hand spike. Most of it's hidden by the central vane
>>
File: Scourge_CruiserHeavy_Shenlong3.jpg (123KB, 799x532px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge_CruiserHeavy_Shenlong3.jpg
123KB, 799x532px
>>49713226
>I think it's only meant to have two crests at the front, one big and one small so the ship's slightly asymmetric. I prefer what he's done however, with the symmetric triple crest.
Nah, that pic just occludes the second smaller crest
>>
>>49713380
Magnetizing lower jaw mounts seems like it'd be hard. So you're probably best off just swapping broadside bays for the various cruiser hulls.
>>
File: PHR_SprueCruiser1.jpg (97KB, 798x461px) Image search: [Google]
PHR_SprueCruiser1.jpg
97KB, 798x461px
>>49713404
>Magnetizing lower jaw mounts seems like it'd be hard. So you're probably best off just swapping broadside bays for the various cruiser hulls.
Nah, it actually looks pretty easy; the frontmost slot is for the prow weapon (easily magnetized), and theres a little hole behind it for the jaws (also easily magnetized)
>>
File: c1.jpg (191KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
c1.jpg
191KB, 768x960px
Sup guys, only set up half of my boards. Still have to flock/finished painting the other dozen or so buildings. It's been a blast
>>
File: c2.jpg (466KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
c2.jpg
466KB, 2048x1536px
>>49713718

I'm aware the table doesnt have buildings, it's only what I have completed right now
>>
>>49713718
>>49713739
Damn that's nice. Did you get those overpasses from someplace?
>>
>>49713718
>>49713739
Well fuck. Colour me impressed.
>>
>>49713718
>>49713739
Fuck son, this is 10/10!
>>
File: city buildings mate.jpg (166KB, 594x590px) Image search: [Google]
city buildings mate.jpg
166KB, 594x590px
>>49713739

The buildings (just airbrushed/not primed)

Thank you CSGO Gambling for letting me afford these :D
>>
File: wat2.jpg (348KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
wat2.jpg
348KB, 2048x1536px
>>49713751

Blotz Overpass 10mm (laser cut company that makes flames of war terrain and other smaller wargames ruined city style buildings)
>>
>>49713781
Awesome
>>
>>49713781
>>49713794
Are your buildings plastic or paper?
Because if those are the paper-ones I'm fucking flabbergastered.
>>
File: mainterrainparkmon.jpg (563KB, 1450x980px) Image search: [Google]
mainterrainparkmon.jpg
563KB, 1450x980px
>>49713837

Resin.... some recasting for any of the "Damaged Parts" since it's literally forgeworld level pricing
>>
>Earth is ~24k km around
>each field is 1k km by 1k km
>24 fields would form the equatorial band, or 96 feet long
>it would take about 197 fields to aproximate the entire surface of the Earth, or 3152 square feet
Are you a bad enough dude?
>>
Argh. Now I want terrain for dropfleet too.
Astroid fields, space debris and suchlike.
>>
>>49713871
Asteroids are pretty easy, for debris fields I imagine you could do stuff like scraps of metal connected by wire for dense fields, and steel wool for fine fields.
>>
>basic small/medium structure (only completed one). Still not sold on the black windows but whatever. This was the test model

Well, thats all for now. I post most of the pictures on the HWG forum and instagram lol. This project has been almost a year in the making and helped me through some mild depression - just giving me short term goals and see them completed.
>>
>>49713871
I'm probably gonna turn the freebie sprues from the KS into debris fields coz I'm not really going to use some of them.

Mix in some bits from the Space Stations too because there's bound to be tons of spares in that kit.
>>
>>49713866
I think the actual number you'd need would be slightly different because spherical geometry.

Fuck doing that math though.
>>
>>49713866
Most of the Earth's surface is covered with nothing of importance though. Take France, for instance. It wouldn't make sense to play over such an area.
>>
>>49714064
It's ~510
>>
File: 1294787074674.png (14KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
1294787074674.png
14KB, 679x427px
>>49714070
>>
File: qualitydoggo.jpg (73KB, 750x545px) Image search: [Google]
qualitydoggo.jpg
73KB, 750x545px
>>49714070
>>
File: HAH.png (1KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
HAH.png
1KB, 125x125px
>mfw seeing how utterly buttmad Khell is
>>
Thunder Wagons are goddamn amazing. Firing a Medium Blast E11 Scud across the map at 2+ to hit (when a scout ATV is spotting) is amazing. Or having a 50/50 chance of KOing 8 health off a building.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1476057716606.jpg (35KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476057716606.jpg
35KB, 720x405px
>>
>>49716722
that seems kinda mass effectish, is that right?
>>
>>49716773
The tops of UCM cruisers look a lot like the Normandy and that's the colour scheme of the one from the first game (2 and 3 didn't have red parts iirc), so it seems about right.

Kind of reminds me of a hospital ship as well, with all that white and red.
>>
File: goddamn it simon.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
goddamn it simon.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
>>49716158
>I'm not quitting Kickstarter because of failed or disappointing projects, I'm quitting because of all the white knights taking over the Kickstarter community
Read: I am going to spend the next month making a scene in this comments section because people are disagreeing with me

>they didn't keep their WORD so I am going to whine endlessly into the void about reparations I am due for Hawk's lies
Who in their right mind takes a four month delay on estimated fulfillment as some breach of their (super casual and hardly binding) contract? The ostensible reason the website exists is to enable creative types to produce beyond their means, which by its own nature will typically result in overloading and delay. For a company of nine or ten guys already producing another full wargame, they're keeping a remarkable pace.

I'm so glad I have a full time job to occupy my time, otherwise I might be off trying to reason with these yahoos directly.
>>
>>49716900
trying to reason with them is the most unreasonable thing you could do, best to ignore them and just keep mathhammering until everyone is convinced that the hector is responsible for the downfall of western civilization
>>
>>49716900
I think the most telling thing about them is that they actually are angry.
Did Hawk break their commitment, did they have poor communication? Yes.
Are you entitled to be angry about all that? Yes.
Should you be? No, of course not.
The fact that they are angry shows that they're angry for the sake of being angry, solely because Hawk broke their commitment, rather than asking themselves "is this broken commitment actually serious enough to be angry about?"
>>
File: beyond mad.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
beyond mad.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>49716900
I saw that too
I have never seen such faggotry .
>>
>>49716936
>until everyone is convinced that the hector is responsible for the downfall of western civilization
Do not bully the Hector!
Once I get my stuff and play a few games with friends, I will be homebrewing the Hector down to 150 points, or alternately giving it Fusillade(4), just to see how that pans out for it.

Alternatively, it might actually be perfectly good where it's at right now, due to a combination of rules changed from the beta that aren't easily apparent via mathhammering.
>>
File: Fu6g95X.gif (3MB, 378x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fu6g95X.gif
3MB, 378x300px
>>49714070
>>
>>49716833
>AND NOW, UCM-TV1 BRINGS YOU YOUR WEEKLY NEWS FROM THE FRONT

>THE SCOURGE FLEETS, CLEARLY UNSATISFIED WITH MERELY CRUSHING THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF ALL HUMANKIND UNDER THEIR FILTHY ALIEN TENDRILS, HAVE BEEN HEARTLESSLY HUNTING DOWN OUR MERCIFUL MEDICAL FLEETS AND MASSACRING THE FRAGILE SOULS ABOARD

>AS SUCH, THE ADMIRALTY HAS PROPOSED PHASING OUT THE ATLANTIS-CLASS ADVANCED MOBILE HOSPITAL PROTOTYPE AND STEPPING UP WORK ON THE JOHANNESBURG-CLASS HEAVY HOSPITAL CRUISER PROJECT IN ORDER TO BETTER SAVE OUR BRAVE TROOPS FROM "ORBITAL HEALTH THREATS"
>>
>>49716938
I think not shipping partial orders for people with advanced orders is worth getting a little mad over
>>
>>49717114
What, like shipping half of a commodore or admiral order? What's the point in that? It'll just increase logistical complexity and shipping cost for no benefit other than someone gets some of their spaceships.

It's not like they don't have all the product and are waiting for more to be manufactured.
>>
>>49717114
That's a fucking terrible idea. Logistics is difficult enough without making it far more complicated because someone can't wait a week for their plastic spaceships.
>>
File: huehuehuehue.png (498KB, 892x608px) Image search: [Google]
huehuehuehue.png
498KB, 892x608px
>>49712090
>>
>Plenty of logic applied.
Without the KS backers, there would be no game. And I found a third place where they promised to not do exactly what they've done. Just above the FAQ;
>"We are committed to quality and speed of delivery, but also loyal to our backers; it is our intention not to put any of the kickstarted game elements up for sale through retail until all backers have received their pledge levels. "

Khell once again proving that Leafs are indeed the worst posters.
>>
Somebody mentioned faction themed playlists, we should post those.

UCM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4

Scourge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fa0tFkEREE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx0fs8oPJAk#t=9m23s

PHR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW3DXOJj7qo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGprThdvMNY

Shaltari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkokWbpDWhk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWmL-R_dCV8

My music collection is 95% /v/, send help
>>
>>49717675
Reposting usual PHR songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmISCeqtJvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LCHxwnS_mY
>>
>>49717675
Scourge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iAlhuK3cgk
>>
>>49717845
Holy shit, how did I not think of that album? Nice choice.
WEE OOOOOOO wee ooooooooo
>>
>>49717845
I kinda feel this would also fit the scourge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4FGFOaYKI
>>
Speaking of songs, I'm going to ask this here rather than /mu/ since I feel you dudes will be more helpful.

The only lyrics I can remember from one specfic song are "[something] oh, mystical, spiritual, [something]", to the tune of Duh-du-du, Duh-du-du. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>49717977
Van Morrison, the Mystic? Or do you remember what the context was? Was this just a cd, was it on a classical radio, old rock?
>>
>>49718041
Nah, it's not that.
I think it's classic rock, but I can't be sure. All I remember is that partial line of lyrics; I want to say its a Rush song, but I can't be sure. The singer definitely sounded like Geddy Lee.
>>
There is no such thing as Caliber(M) in PHR guns, right?
>>
>>49718419
Not yet, no. It might show up on future weapons.
>>
>>49718419
What did the Caliber(X) rule do?
-1 Lock value when hitting ships of said caliber?
>>
>>49718419
Wouldn't it make sense to have all regular guns be considered to be Caliber(M)?
>>
>>49718467
Yeah, ships of said tonnage*
L- Light
M- Medium
H- Heavy
S- Superheavy

Speaking of, what tonnage do you think destroyers will be, if they're ever added?
I'd say they'd be the heaviest class of Light ship, and that just opens the door for a third medium, a third heavy, and a third superheavy; what do y'all think those might be?
>>
>>49718530
Nah, the medium guns are already fairly good as they are; each halfside is functionally equivalent to two of the UCM's medium mass driver turrets.
>>
Odd question, how many classes of ship are there in this?
>>
>>49718597
As of now, there are
>Light
Corvettes
Frigates
>Medium
Light Cruisers
Cruisers
>Heavy
Heavy Cruisers
Battlecruisers
>Superheavy
Battleships
Dreadnoughts (as of yet not designed, but confirmed)
>>
File: Shaltari_CruiserLight_Azurite0.jpg (133KB, 794x527px) Image search: [Google]
Shaltari_CruiserLight_Azurite0.jpg
133KB, 794x527px
>>
Guys, I need to know, will DFC be on amazon when it's released? Bday recently, got a $200 amazon gift card.
>>
>>49719381
Possibly, but I'm not sure. Someone might take it from retail and list it on Amazon if it isn't listed on its own.
>>
>>49719416
Damn. Guess I'll have to wait and see, Hawk lists DZC on amazon directly so I don't see why they wouldn't, but you never know. May just buy more DZC models...
>>
So clearly the Brits have been getting boxes delivered all week, but what about the Burgers? Does anyone have their ships in the States yet?

As an Alaskan commodore, I'm still hoping it might get here before the first major snowfall finally shows up.
>>
Another strawpoll, as it's a thing that some people may try. Would you be happy to play against a battlecruiser kitbashed from plastic cruiser parts?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11401150

Also, any ideas how this might be done? Some seem relatively straightforward:
>PHR: cut 'n' shut two cruisers together
>UCM Atlantis: Moscow with Seattle hanger nacelles plus medium guns
But others are considerably trickier, scourge and shaltari especially.
>>
>>49720317

For the Shaltari... What about... you get a pair of cruiser cores, cut them in half (or whatever) and attach the two bottom halves together?

Scourge though, the Manticore just needs to be a Wyvern with a REALLY big crest, like, maybe make some kind of ornate crown out unused lesser HCruiser crests and Sphinx jaw crests and finish with some really big unused tentacle part?

The Basilisk is a bit harder... maybe just use the Yokai/Sphinx jaw crests as usual... then glue a second pair on? Make them look like whiskers?
You might reach a point where it looks too front heavy though.
>>
>>49720351
That's a good idea for the shaltari, could work.

For scourge I had wondered about using a frigate hull (with the engines cut off the back, obviously, and some greenstuffing to smooth the transition) as the crest, but I suspect it'd be too big.
>>
>>49720317
Until they bring the proper models out most people simply can't play battlecruisers without kitbashing or proxying, so I'd be fine with it.

And aren't Shaltari BCs effectively just normal cruisers with 4 prongs? That can't be too hard to recreate.
>>
>>49720527
So none of the models in the starting kit can be used to make battlecruisers?
>>
>>49720632

An Atlantis is LITERALLY a Seattle with a Moscows top deck Guns and a pair of Medium Gun turrets glued to the top of the hangar bay.

You can make those just fine.

...the UCM cruiser sprue being what it is you need two Cruiser sprues to do this though, since you can only make 1 heavy cruiser with two sprues with that one.
>>
>>49720632
All the battlecruisers require special pieces. If you didn't get them in the KS, you don't have them. For some you could improvise and just make something else with the same weapons like >>49720677 recommends with the Atlantis, but you can't build them exactly to spec.
>>
File: The Bridge.png (1MB, 1148x511px) Image search: [Google]
The Bridge.png
1MB, 1148x511px
New Picture for the next thread
>>
>>49720705
Are the battlecruisers KS only? Won't that make the game unbalanced?

Also how does /tg/ feel about beasts of war? I can't stand the cunts but seeing their videos is what made me find out about this game.
>>
>>49720881

There are variants of BC that are KS only. In December they are releasing general release BCs that have the same stats as the current ships.

that is why you see things like Avalon/Perth or Atlantis/Johannasburg
>>
>>49720881
The specific parts for the battlecruiser are as of now only shipped to the KS backers.
The ship sprues have somewhat finite space on them and the bits for the battlecruiser got canned for now.

Remember that you can play a battlecruiser even if you don't have all the bits.
>>
>>49720881

There will be non KS battlecruiser model with exact same stats as announced.
>>
>>49720881
There's going to be totally separate models and designs for the battlecruisers in the future, the KS exclusive ones are just add-ons to put on regular cruiser hulls. That's why the battlecruisrs all have 2 names, one is for the KS versions and one is for the unreleased final versions.

>BoW
They teach people about the game, so I can't hate them too hard. I don't watch much of their stuff but
>>
>>49720923
>>49720918
Ah alright, I don't really like proxying so I'll wait for the official models, hopefully they look as cool as the KS ones.
>>
>>49720923

BoW is nice because they go in detail with a lot of wargaming news. No one else does as well and they don't do BS rumor shit.

However, I think all their hosts are tools. It is annoying to watch them on camera sometimes.
>>
>>49706121
>>49706207
another thought, to do crippling, the attack has to be a critical hit -- so you roll well and get 4 attacks, half of them crit -- you are attacking an enemy big something -- they likely have at least one or two fighters that they can spare to defend such a big ship vs an obvious threat, so we'll say PD 12 (avg: 4 successes) -- those 4 successes *cancel* the critical hits -- never happened. No crippling damage, just <= 2 damage, armor saves down to ~1 damage.
I might be misinterpretting the rules, but i think the damage potential is gonna be pretty rare to happen -- but when combined with torps and cannons I still believe that its a sexy ship, I've never been convinced that the CAW are chief reason why.
>>
>>49720880
>"That man is playing Galaga! Thought we wouldn't notice! But we did."
>>
>>49720942
My beef with them is they do basically no reading up on the stuff they report on.

They'll just say 'look at these new models from this company! No fucking clue what they are but they look neat!'

Also they're a little yes-men-like when it comes to GW imo.
>>
Someone could bother to scan the darn book yet ?
>>
>>49721096
Remember that time Dave was trying to explain game mechanics and cuntface kept interrupting him and yelling "Weapons free!", and then they stopped letting cuntface do Hawk interviews?
>>
File: 1474610874223.jpg (358KB, 1600x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1474610874223.jpg
358KB, 1600x1142px
>>49720880
Reminder that the PHR have a bar on their bridge, so they can enjoy cocktails as they go to war.
>>
>>49721134
>Dave's face when the guy starts lining up dice on the floor for ground-to-space weapons
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1148x511px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1148x511px
>>49720880
> 9000 hours in UCMicrosoft Paint
>>
>>49721200
>Having a warship that roomy for any reason
>>
>>49721200
>>49720880
That can't be a UCM ship. Where are all the coffee mugs?
>>
>>49721200

It might actually be a ground based COC.
>>
>>49721341
With that many clipboards?
>>
>>49721354

The staircases look like they are made of cement.

There isn't really a viewing window like that on any of the ships and they don't do that on their ground vehicles either.
>>
>>49721371
The original picture is titled "The Bridge"
>>
>>49720942
They used to be good - I used to chill in their ventrilo channel and a shoot the shit with them. They genuinely play a lot of the games, but their reviews and unboxing is what brings in the cash, little at that.

Bols articles on DZC and dropfleet are dogshit since it's literally an advertisement site with rob baer posting cheese occasionally
>>
Is Hawk ever going to put dropfleet on the main website?
>>
>>49721432
When it's on general retail, probably.

They've got enough on their plates right now I suppose.
>>
>>49721200

Thanks for the shop mate, see you next thread
>>
>>49721141
>glasses
Not PHR.
>>
>>49720317
Instead of proxying it perfectly 1-to-1 WYSIWYG, you can do the following

>Atlantis
Moscow with carrier nacelles, don't even bother with the side turrets
>Avalon
Berlin with dorsal turrets

>Basilisk
A Shenlong is probably your best way to proxy it
>Manticore
Take a Shenlong, replace its jaw weapons with CAW, and stick a mothership core underneath

>Leo & Skippy
Take a heavy cruiser hull, set the prow jaw as far up as it can go for no prow weapons (or just use the prow stem), and use mediums+ lights or hangars+ lights respectively

>Adamant
Heavy cruiser, guns on bottom prongs and lance on top prong
>Mithril
Heavy cruiser, bombards on bottom prongs and grav beam on top prong
>>
File: 34683543225.jpg (9KB, 229x151px) Image search: [Google]
34683543225.jpg
9KB, 229x151px
>>49712074
God damn, the Leo is huge. Cannot wait to get mine.

Also, question - for the 2 player starter box, I want to assemble them with demo games in mind, since I think I'll be focusing on the PHR as "my" faction. I know some folks put together a good set of fleet lists to showcase as much as possible to new players, does anyone have that?

Put less retarded, best way to build 2 player box for demo games?
>>
>>49721768
>Put less retarded, best way to build 2 player box for demo games?
Generally speaking, the ships they show on the box are probably your best bet to go about it.

UCM fleet is a Moscow, Berlin, Seattle, 2-Toulon, and 2-New Oreleans

Scourge fleet is a Shenlong, Wyvern, Ifrit, 2-Harpy, and 2-Gargoyle

Those both seem fairly balanced to me, and for the size of the game (approximately 600-700 points) two troop carriers should be enough.

However, I'm sure there are better lists someone could minmax for 3 cruisers and 4 frigates.
>>
>>49721768
Yeah, I agree with that other anon, the suggested builds look solid and should give a decent game. I guess if you really wanted to have a mirror match you could substitute the scourge's Wyvern for a Hydra, but the Wyvern does fit with the core playstyle of the scourge (getting in close) so I'd keep it myself.
>>
>>49721871
Pretty much this; the UCM's launch assets are the worst in the game anyways, so a single Seattle isn't going to skew their list that much.
The PHR and Shaltari lists are also pretty good.
>Hector, Orion, Theseus, 2-Europa, 2-Medea
>Obsidian, Amber, Emerald, 2-Topaz, 2-Jade, 3-Voidgate
>>
>>49721893

I would definitely recommend assembling the Hector as a Bellepheron though

>Orion

Ajax* although the Orion's preddy gud
>>
>>49721893
Agree about the shaltari, but PHR's slightly tricky. The Hector isn't brilliant, but bringing a Bellerephon and its four uberbombers to a starter game doesn't feel very fair, especially when two out of the four other fleets won't have fighters to help. Given how tough PHR cruisers are, I might be tempted to go with three line cruisers for them and leave their heavy cruisers alone for starter game purposes.
>>
File: 1421944204569.gif (1MB, 227x136px) Image search: [Google]
1421944204569.gif
1MB, 227x136px
>>49721818
>>49721871
>>49721893
Great, thanks for the info. Don't have my stuff yet (or even a shipping email, stupid west coast being far away from everything), but I wanted to be prepared.
>>
>>49721951
Eh, the point isn't to make the best fleet, but to make the most fair fleet; taking a Bell into a 650 point demo game is just cheesy.

Maybe replace the Orion with an Ikarus.
>>
>>49721978
>The Hector isn't brilliant
But in an absolute sense, it is a good ship; it's not like it's stats are -bad-, it's just too expensive for its loadout and mission profile, has to compete with the Bell for fleet org slot, and has to compete with the Orion for broadsides.

By any absolute cross-faction measure, it's acceptably good; it just either needs to be cheaper, or its guns buffed in some way to make it preferable to the Bell or Orion.
>>
>>49721680
> they have no lenses and are purely for fashion purposes.
>>
>>49722005
I still think they look too old, not enough fratbros.
>>
File: image.png (90KB, 572x505px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90KB, 572x505px
>I was the one complaining about PHR broadsides a month ago
>I said PHR cruisers would have to either have some extra rules we haven't seen or they would have to be very cheap, otherwise they would be inferior to the alternative ships

>Orion, Ajax and Theseus turned out to be very cheap and are completely viable

>Hector ended up being over costed so it's not worth taking

>Perseus didn't have any rules to justify it so it's not worth taking

>PHR cruisers otherwise are extremely potent for how little they cost, an Orion can nearly double the output of a Rio with some trivial early game maneuvers

I love that PHR will actually use their medium cruisers. Also I love being right

>>49721985

Less about making the best fleet and more about not tricking someone into making a non magnetized Hector

>Orion

No sorry I meant the starter fleet literally has an Ajax instead of an Orion.
>>
File: PHR_StarterFleet.jpg (158KB, 798x503px) Image search: [Google]
PHR_StarterFleet.jpg
158KB, 798x503px
>>49722031
Actually, looks like we're both wrong; the Starter fleet does have an Ikarus, not an Orion or Ajax.

Also, just you wait for the errata that cheapens the Hector and gives all heavy half sides Fusillade(1), then the Perseus will be worth taking and the Achilles will be properly awesome!
>>
>>49721680
>They're actually a display for the user's binocular hyperspectral imager
>>
>>49722068
I'm a little cautious of that image, given the icarus has had its loadout changed since then. Maybe Hawk will have had a rethink of the starter fleet as well, but not sent the image to suppliers yet. Or maybe not.

Anyway, personally I'd go Orion - Ajax - Icarus for a PHR starter fleet for demo/starter games. Still tough even without the heavy cruiser, and lots of nice broadside shooting.
>>
>>49722068

Huh, that's neat.

Also a cool fun fact is that they changed the Icarus from light broadsides to mediums. It's not a huge deal but it's slightly more deeps versus cruisers and the bombers should be able to deal with flanking frigates anyway
>>
File: image.png (160KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
160KB, 500x677px
>>49722139

>Icarus is only launch 2
>will still easily cripple one of my Toulons per turn
>>
>>49722139
>It's not a huge deal but it's slightly more deeps versus cruisers
What? No, it's slightly less gun damage against everything but lights.
>>
>>49722277

>less gun damage against everything except lights

M8 they changed the lights to mediums.
>>
File: Arranging dice.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Arranging dice.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>49720942
Also, dice arranging. So irritating.
>>
>>49717675
Three for each.

UCM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgYtIuiW-3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpwb6kOMUc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4AUY-v1nsE

Scourge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR4uAfOAUkc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VlgYgN8qos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7AmLedVsqI

PHR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIVgSuuUTwQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzc08GfjXZw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7fNPiNiNc

Shaltari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3YmmPM5ohw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4T22CMOeBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KePfzPGQ9-8

Resistance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpH12nrSHMU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovkeYzsF3-o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u3Ux6ky57Y
>>
the more I read about frigates the more hyped I become for them.

I'm used to BFG where frigates are the glass cannons to end all glass cannons, but in this it seems like they're quite a bit beefier but seem to be battlegroup supporting elements rather than purely Hunter killer packs.

Still, it seems neat to be able to just bolt on an extra weapon system to a cruiser group for a nominal points fee.
>>
>>49722491
Damn that Fury Road soundtrack was good. I need to watch that again.
>>
>dreaming that I wander into a Hawk warehouse
>everyone running around packing boxes
>claim I'm the new guy, start helping pack
>ask to see the shipping lists, see if I've been shipped yet or can save them the money
>they shipped my shit the day I show up to help
What a nightmare
>>
>>49722658
Kek'd
>>
>>49722514

They're a tiny bit beefier.

You've got to understand, 4hp isn't quite as big as you think it is. You see, when it takes 2hp, which was roughly the amount of damage you needed to inflict on a BFG escort class to kill it (one for shields, then you pop the hull) then you have to roll on the crippled chart, and there's a LOT on the crippled chart that does extra damage, usually in the 2 point range if not higher. In fact, of the 9 possible Crippled results, only 3 wont result in the frigate getting destroyed.
So in actuality you're not going to notice your frigates being all that tougher.
But what they DO bring to the table, as you say is the ability to work as part of a unified battlegroup to add further firepower on the cheap, and a lot of the time, if given a choice you're going to concentrate on the cruisers over the Frigates aren't you?

Furthermore one thing Frigates in DFC have over Escorts in BFG is that Frigates can (depending on class) hide in the atmosphere, where they can't be targeted more than 6" away and all to hit rolls against them require a 6+, so no crits for anyone.

...unless they get attacked by something with the Air to Air rule. Like, say, every factions Corvette.
But that's the whole point of Corvettes.
>>
>>49722694

>frigates can hide in atmosphere

It actually looks like so far only a few frigates can go into atmosphere at all, strike carriers, corvettes and 1 or 2 other scourge frigates
>>
File: image.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>>49722694

>have to do 3 damage against a 3+ save to probably blow up a PHR frigate
>>
>>49722694
>>49722724
Actually, it looks like all the Scourge frigates are atmospheric
>>
>>49722766

Yeah, but there's also a chance that frigate will then explode unlike other races frigates. So it's a swings and roundabouts sort of deal.
>>
>>49722779
Nope, everything that has 4 or more hull points rolls on the catastrophic damage table when destroyed.
>>
>>49722799

Oh man, that makes popping frigates in close formation with their battlegroup, searching for that lucky 5 or 6 catastrophic damage roll really effective.
>>
File: image.png (301KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
301KB, 520x678px
>>49722779
>Medea bombardment cannon specifically has the low level rule which allows it to fire in atmosphere
>the Charybdis bombardment cannon does not
>>
>>49722828

It's kinda cut off but ships under a certain hull amount roll with a -1 on the chart

That's basically frigates, so thankfully they only explode on a 6 and always allow an armor save. I also believe the frigate explosion radius is slightly smaller than the coherency distance
>>
>>49722831
Seems most of the scourge frigates (not the gargoyle and scylla) can only really go into atmosphere to hide. The djinn can't fire its CA down there. The harpy can fire its gun, but it only hits on a 6. And the charybdis doesn't get the medea's special rule with its bombardment.
>>
>>49722997

At the very least, the low level rule seems to imply that firing in atmosphere merely makes your lock value a 6+, rather than you not being able to fire at all.

But yeah looks like atmospheric for most of them is purely defensive
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 426x628px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 426x628px
>Nickar does .636 damage on average per turn to a Medea after PD
>glass does .22 damage per turn
>Santiago does 0.5 damage per turn

I honestly see why it has a low PD. If it was any higher it would be nearly impossible to kill even by squadrons of corvettes.
>>
File: catastrophic.jpg (97KB, 794x600px) Image search: [Google]
catastrophic.jpg
97KB, 794x600px
>>49722828
>>49722943
Wrong, it looks like ships will pretty much always explode in some form or fashion.

>>49723205
Glass' weaponry aren't PD, bruv; they're regularly weapons with A2A.
>>
>>49723378
>Glass' weaponry aren't PD, bruv
aren't CAW*
>>
>>49723420
>49723420

then its 1.33 damage per turn.
>>
>>49723378

Okay good I'm glad I was missing something, glass does 0.55 damage per turn to a Medea.

D3" explosion radius? Interesting, isn't the group coherency for frigates 3"? Or is it 2"?
>>
>>49723427

1.66*
>>
>>49723448
>>49723427

Hits*

If it had the particle rule it would be legit goty
>>
>>49723205
To be fair, you're really fishing for the critical hits, and the medea doesn't have the PD to stop those on average. Normal hits should bounce off either the PD or the armour.

I do feel corvettes have to be taken in 2s or 3s, and mathammered as such too, single corvettes just aren't going to achieve anything.
>>
>>49723490

Crit fishing is great that's true and getting box cars on 3 dice is gonna be a sweet turn but I wouldn't count on it.

And yeah corvettes must be taken in 2's at least, for effectiveness. They're breddy gud in pairs or triplets. A couple of corvettes should cripple a Medea in two turns and it's not like it can do anything about it.

What's going to be interesting are corvette vs corvette fights as they defend their own carriers and attack the enemies
>>
while I used the Medea as the far end example, it really does look like corvettes are going to have to take a few turns to kill the enemies strike carriers no matter what. Besides void gates, unless I'm misreading that blurry as fuck PD score.
>>
File: do not bully the voidgate.png (116KB, 315x186px) Image search: [Google]
do not bully the voidgate.png
116KB, 315x186px
>D-don't forget me! I have an air-to-air weapon too! I c-can help shoot enemy strike carriers and corvettes!
>I'm s-still a proper ship, I can f-fight!
>>
File: 1462921865805.gif (607KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1462921865805.gif
607KB, 300x169px
>>49723691
>mfw you will never be a real ship
>>
>>49723691
>a
>fucking
>flower
>>
>>49723691
I still think Voidgates are cute, even if they'll never be real ships.
>>
As an aside, 1 corvette has a good chance of crippling another corvette in one turn of shooting, this is true for all factions versus any of the others. The echo might survive but it's iffy.

Anyway, 3 corvettes versus 1 New Orleans in atmosphere. This assumes non A2A weapons hit on a 6+ and that PD is for each individual ship

3 echoes versus New Orleans: 0.5 crits each from CAW, no hits each from PD. 1.5 damage average. 6 medium shots hitting on a 6+ is 1 hit for 0.5 damage. So around 2 damage per turn, decent chance of crippling it but it's not guaranteed.

3 glass versus New Orleans: this is easy. 15 shots, 5 hits, 2.5 damage. Its most likely crippled unless it gets some good armor saves.

3 Nicar. This ones trickier. 3.5 attacks on average, .58 crits each, .16 hits after PD. A little less than 2 damage per turn on average but this can spike up hard.

3 Santiago versus New Orleans: about the same as the Echo but no extra hits from the medium guns. Decent chance of crippling but not guaranteed
>>
File: 1413384968624.png (414KB, 793x821px) Image search: [Google]
1413384968624.png
414KB, 793x821px
Another monday, another day without a shipment email.
>>
File: hello darknes my old feel.jpg (58KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
hello darknes my old feel.jpg
58KB, 640x960px
>>49724114
your feel
I know dat
>>
File: Rich_Evans_In_Repose.jpg (57KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rich_Evans_In_Repose.jpg
57KB, 919x720px
>>49724114
It hurts.
>>
File: 1458788148367.jpg (76KB, 640x365px) Image search: [Google]
1458788148367.jpg
76KB, 640x365px
>>49724114
There goes my smile.
>>
File: 1468067042911.gif (517KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
1468067042911.gif
517KB, 245x150px
>>49724114
>tfw you're paints and magnets aren't in yet so you couldn't start on your ships even if you wanted to
Haha, nerds!
;_;
>>
File: 1473495417334.jpg (48KB, 975x475px) Image search: [Google]
1473495417334.jpg
48KB, 975x475px
>>49724386
>tfw your paints are ready and your magnets just arrived today
>>
New thread, commanders

>>49724597
>>49724597
>>49724597
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.