[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been playing chess off and on for almost 30 years now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Shogi_Ban_Koma.jpg (152KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shogi_Ban_Koma.jpg
152KB, 640x480px
I've been playing chess off and on for almost 30 years now but some episodes of Detective Conan got me interested in Shogi.
Is there a good place to learn and some kind of Shogi PC game?
>>
>>49692113

It's a pretty terrible game,

I played / got good at it on a DS version of the game, I regret every moment.
>>
>>49692124
What's terrible about it? It seems very similar to chess.
>>
>>49692141

all the pieces look the same unless you know moonrunes,

Yes, they all move in their own way, and in a way it IS similar to chess. It's just the chink eyed version to where half the way into the game you won't remember what piece does what.
>>
>>49692160
So what you're saying is you regret learning a game that has moonrunes and its not a bad game you just don't like moonrunes.
>>
>>49692167

It's not a bad game, It's just super easy to mix up the pieces.
>>
>>49692177
Well I asked why the first poster said its a terrible game.
>>
>>49692190

OP,
It's just been me and you this whole time,

I'm a bit drunk,

but I don't like the game.

I am the first poster,

I'm every poster so far that isn't you.
>>
>>49692201
Well then what's a good program to play shogi?
>>
File: IMG_0679.png (401KB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0679.png
401KB, 1120x1600px
>>49692124
>Shogi is terrible.
Clearly you're not playing it the Seki way.
>>
>>49692213

I said before I played it on DS.
>>
>>49692224
And? What game on DS?
>>
File: ds_clubhousebox1[1].jpg (122KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
ds_clubhousebox1[1].jpg
122KB, 400x358px
>>49692231

Club House Games
>>
>>49692113
Get PS+, download Yakuza 5 for free, play shogi with the shogi fucker on night 1.
>>
Wow OP, you sure are old.
>>
>>49692113
I dunno where to play online, but I hope someone finds somewhere and posts it in this thread, I have a shitty magnetic board and pieces so I can occasionally play a game with friends when the mood strikes us. It's a fun game, though a bit strange when compared to chess. Even moreso as an abstraction of war considering the capturing and redeploying of enemy captured pieces.
>>
http://japanesechess.org/links.php
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.