[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ah, so you've come to me, have you? Well, allow me to introduce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

Ah, so you've come to me, have you? Well, allow me to introduce myself. I am indeed he who is called the Lorekeeper. Aeons ago the collective gods of the appointed me, a mere mortal cleric, to keep track of their histories throughout each plane of existence, and each iteration of their rule, and so granted me immortality. Unfortunately for them, they never counted on me being quite so... thorough in my records, and as such I keep track of every glorious victory and hilarious mistake they've ever made much to their annoyance. Ah, the stories I could tell you... Why there is no Church of Olidammarra, or why Moradin made dwarves always to have beards, even the women! But I ramble Travellers, what is it you require of me?
>>
>>49684418
Ah, I remember you! Great Lorekeeper, tell us of the Church of Olidammarra(Or lack thereof)
>>
>>49684418
Tell me of your childhood.
>>
>>49684418
Lorekeeper, I must ask you which the Gods prefer.
Chunky or smooth peanut butter?
>>
I'm mostly wondering where you got that Gondorian outfit, since we're clearly in another IP at the moment.
>>
>>49684527
Ah, a favorite of mine, and one that I can easily tell. Whereas most gods would have my head for telling of their less noble excursions, Olidammarra loves any tales about him, even the ones where mortals get the better of him.

First, you must know, Olidammarra doesn't want a dedicated temple, nor does he require it. He's not a god of daily prayer, and sacrosanct worship, quite the opposite in fact. He has, in my opinion, found one of the most effective and common methods of gathering worship: last minute panic. Olidammarra only needs worship from people who are in the state of mind where they'll do or believe in anything to get out of their current predicament, like when the rogue breaks his lock picks in the middle of a heist, or the bard forgets his lute just before, or when you've just broken mother's priceless vase and are dearly hoping she won't find out. In that respect, Olidammarra has probably gained more worship from mortals over the centuries than any other god.

>>49684688
Quite Boring actually. Standard fare. Reclusive child obsessed with stories, whether it was from the mouths of bards or from holy scripture. very likely how I came to this position

>>49684848
Careful lad, The Gods have gone to war for far less.

>>49684876
My duty allows me to ignore some of the more... limiting laws of the Multiverse. Especially that of Copyright.
>>
>>49685110
Now that you understand Olidammarra's view. you can imagine that he has some very loose views on dedicated worship. Mainly, that he's free to be an absolute prick to anyone who tries it with him. He simply doesn't take it seriously, and in one way or another, any church dedicated to Olidammarra has in one way or another been sabotaged by the very deity they worship, all for the sake of... well, little more than shits and giggles.

For example, there was a church that lasted nearly a year, twice as long as any had at the time. Then Olidammarra called for a holy ceremony, asking that all clerics of his anoint themselves with a concoction of oils and perfumes that had been blessed by him.

The 'blessing' as it was, changed the oils into Sovereign Glue, and as you can imagine, absolute chaos broke out in that small ecclesiarchy. I know of many unfortunate souls who spent over a month stuck in some rather embarrassing positions, before something was done about it. One man happened to be picking his nose at the time, while another experienced the not inconsiderable discomfort of having his ass-cheeks glued together.

I have more stories of Olidammarra, but I believe this displays his attitude towards Temples and religious sects adequately.
>>
>>49685110
What makes a god a god?
>>
>>49685365
Ah, one of the hard questions. To be fair, no one quite knows, but a commonly held believe is that gods gain their power and form through belief, and that gods are merely the personification of Humanity's core values and ideas. In other words, a god is really powerful idea given physical form, and if you call them such, they're often quite happy to show you just how powerful by smiting you with holy fire and lightning.

However, this does raise some interesting questions as to how gods formed in the first place, as they often precede mortal races, and even created them. One theory is that there is a realm where mortals preceded gods, and that place is the original progenitor of all facets of the multiverse, with gods being an active force carrying out their will. Another, more confusing theory is that the Gods came to be in order to create mortals, who observed the world around them and generated such belief that they caused the gods to spring into existence back at the dawn of time, so that mortals might be created.
>>
>>49685738
Sorry, he doesn't belong in /qst/. by the rules you guess forced on us. So fuck you,.
>>
>>49685738
That is false.
>>
File: 1335025330846.gif (3MB, 375x471px) Image search: [Google]
1335025330846.gif
3MB, 375x471px
>>49685738
This isn't a quest thread. It's a writefag thread.

Kindly take your own advice. Except don't go to /qst/; you're not creative enough for that.
>>
Lorekeeper, what can you tell me of the space outside of the Planes? The Far Realm, its inhabitants, and the howling dark beyond even that?
>>
>>49685825
Then go ghostpost in archived.moe along with the "mages guild" threads.
You're all Gaia-tier cancer
>>
>>49686098
If we accept the belief that Gods are a physical manifestation of mortal thought, it's fairly self-evident what the Far Realms and their inhabitants are. Madness. Pure and utter Madness. Every illogical thought, every Incoherent babble, every indescribable figment of the imagination. That is the Far Realm, and the inhabitants, nothing less than the realization of every fear of the unknown, and strangeness. Their will is inscrutable, their being incomprehensible. It is better not to speak of them, let alone deal with them, and I pray for any man foolish enough to encounter them or their spawn.
>>
>>49684418
Oh great Lorekeeper, I implore you to share with me your knowledge on what should I order for breakfast tomorrow.
>>
File: country-breakfast-platter.jpg (28KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
country-breakfast-platter.jpg
28KB, 550x412px
>>49686229
Ah, given your stature I would say a decent country breakfast. Biscuits, sausage, egg, and possibly some bacon, all doused in country style gravy.
>>
>>49686070
You can have a lore thread without making it a cancerous RP thread.
And if you can't do that you don't belong on this site
>>
>>49686304
Please, I implore thee. keep on bumping the thread for us.

Also, does anyone have questions of more... Import than their daily meals?
>>
Please forgive me if this is rude, but do you have any friends? I'd imagine it would be quite difficult to maintain a relationship with he who literally knows everything. There is likely nobody who can relate to you either.
>>
>>49684418
About tree fiddy.
>>
If you are immortal, then why do you look so old? Is that simply the age that the immortality was given to you, or are you old looking for some other reason?
>>
>>49686404
Today I call you listeners my friends and comrades, as I do all who care to hear my stories. For me, that is enough.

Oh, and I'm also an acquaintance of multiple Demigods, immortals and Perpetuals. I've got to say, immortality has its perks. I attended this one party where every Chaotic-aligned Deity converged at the Nexus of the Multiverse and partied for the better part of a Century. By the gods, that was some crazy shit.

Also the sex-life of immortals is mind-numbingly good.

>>49686564
Ah, today I felt the need to be an aged story teller. Tomorrow I might be a spry young man. Like I said, immortality has its perks, and the one thing we yearn for more than everything else is Novelty.
>>
>>49686670
How do gods which promise infinite pleasure distinguish themselves from cenobite-style gods? What magic keeps their hedonism fulfilling instead of devolving into extremes?
>>
>>49684418
Oh knowledgable one, tell us of Armok and why he seems to favour the little ones that dwell in the mountains!
>>
File: 1475544527828.jpg (88KB, 660x933px) Image search: [Google]
1475544527828.jpg
88KB, 660x933px
Oh great lore master, please give us the answer to the infinite argument of whether there are in fact only six alignments, and what those alignments mean?
>>
>>49684418
How would one do away with magic?
>>
>>49687486
Fuck you you bastard, That image made me laugh so hard i threw up
>>
>>49687213
You see, that's the reason gods have such strict commandments about righteousness in return for eternal happiness. They're actually just trying to narrow down their pool of mortals to those who have enough common sense and are reserved enough not to fuck it up for those who earned it.

>>49687553
Fuck off to a reality that doesn't have magic, and let those of us who enjoy the arcane arts.

>>49687486
Six alignments, or Nine? I believe I have an idea of what you're speaking of, which plane do you hail from?

>>49687265
Ha. That is a story of cruelty and Chaos. Armok is actually two gods, both of whom are playing a very cruel trick indeed on those little folk. If you so desire, I can tell you of the truth of Armok.
>>
>>49688030
Ah, sorry, forgot the name.
>>
>>49688030
>DF story.

Fuck the hell yes! Tell us the story Lorekeeper.
>>
>>49688731
Armok is the cruel joke of two chaotic Deities who normally do not get along, Yet set aside their differences to fabricate this cruel existence that is Armok. These two gods found a race that even the fates had abandoned, these are the little ones you speak of. Instead of leaving them to die, instead gathered them in their home plane, a chaotic realm of emotion and madness. In this plane they reigned supreme, and with their immense power, they created a world, wiped the minds of the little ones, and decided to toy with them. One god, wishing to see the insanity of chaos and complexity, created vast pools of resources, that the little ones might survive. The other, a god of conquest and death, filled the world with a multitude of terrors for the little ones to fight against. The result is this race has struggled to survive on a terrible world, developing primitive technology at a rapid pace. Through the generations, the little ones have completely lost their history, and worship strange gods, unknown to any. Also due to the very nature of the plane they inhabit, they are prone to madness as a whole. These gods have no mercy, and their cruelty knows no limits, even to the point where the little ones would be wiped out, they simply destroy and recreate the planet, starting the whole thing all over again.

Seriously, fuck Tzeentch and Khorne.
>>
>Ah, so you've come to me, have you? Well, allow me to introduce myself. I am indeed he who is called the

Thought this was master_ruseman.txt up to this point
>>
>>49689685
>Tzeentch and Khorne play Dorf Fort with Squats for Shits and Giggles.

Kek.
>>
>>49684418
Please tell us your favourite tale!
>>
>>49684418
Hey Lorekeeper, assuming you have something to say about politics: You remember the Declaration of Surrendependence? When the kingdoms of the continent of Eustran fought a futile battle agains the Cedna Accord?

And what are your opinions with the human-elven alliance that is the Cedna Accord between the industrial human lands of Briastrin and the elves of Chimax?

Especially when the continent of Eustran was brought under their control through sheer technological superiority and the elves' tactics?
>>
File: 1470025248465.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470025248465.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>49684418
Mr. Lorekeeper, your thoughts on Bards? Especialy the lecherous ones?
>>
>>49684418
Your thoughts on the technological and industrial progress of the world?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.