[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Items that allow a character to change from one class to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Bravely-Second-4.jpg (436KB, 1622x738px) Image search: [Google]
Bravely-Second-4.jpg
436KB, 1622x738px
>Items that allow a character to change from one class to another after a long rest

ie., a magical hat that allows a 5th level rogue to take a long rest, and at the end they're a 5th level wizard with +4 int and -4 (stat of the players choice). Essentially, allowing a player to try out different classes while using the same character and not interrupting the story.

Good idea?
>>
Maybe in a very Final Fantasy or other JRPG feeling game. It just seems like it'd slow things down to me.
>>
>>49680329
Sounds like your characters "class" has nothing to do with their character and has no actual meaning in-universe. Did they apprentice for. Decade under grandmaster Twizzlebeard at the mages college in order to become a wizard, or did they just decide at the start of the adventure, "I'm a wizard now, lol."
>>
It could be explained as the magic pulling another version of the character from an alternate universe.

It would require you to essentially create a second character. The player would have to be prepared for it. I wouldn't make it as simple as "I put on my magic hat, I am a ranger now", but a one time thing, like a boon from a God of Fate or something.
>>
The alternative to alternate character sheets would be to embrace the job system and homebrew ways to swap out feats stats and the like which they aquire by being in different jobs.
>>
>>49680329
Just get people to make a character build for every class.
>>
>>49680329
In D&D 3e there's
>Binder
>Incarnum classes
>Chameleon PrC

All of which let you "rebuild" your character when you rest. There's also spells like Tenser's Transformation, Mental Pinnacle and Nightstalker's Transformation, which let you temporarily ape a fighter/psion/rogue in exchange for losing your spells.
>>
>>49680329
Classes are shit. Tools/items to respec yourself are always appreciated though
>>
What if you could switch classes on the fly with an action or held item or whatever? like stances in a fighting game, or forms in pokemon.

It'd have to be in a system where classes have fewer but larger advantages and disadvantages to be fun but I think it could work.
>>
>>49680329
Don't make it an item, make it a GM controlled plot thingy and you're fine.
Sometimes the rules don't play the way the player imagined it and if he wants to change, both the GM and the player should look for a reasonable solution. Leaving that solution in the GMs hand after that is also more reasonable, because players are crafty little cunts.
>>
I'm actually working on a system like this, inspired by JRPGs.

Each character has a major job chosen at character creation. The major job can never be changed, and no two character can have the same major job.

Each major job eventually has access to six different advanced jobs representing gaining skills from each of the six major jobs. Characters can change major jobs during rest scenes, but the skills retained across advanced jobs are limited.

Weapons and armor are extensions of the character's soul and adjust to match the chosen job. I haven't decided whether there should be a job crystal/asterisk gating advanced jobs, though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.