[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you run a Hellgate tabletop? What kind of system would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Hellgate_London.jpg (116KB, 335x475px) Image search: [Google]
Hellgate_London.jpg
116KB, 335x475px
How would you run a Hellgate tabletop? What kind of system would work best to emulate the setting?
Demonic, grim, post-apocalyptic world where gates to hell were opened and released demons to destroy the world. Somewhat futuristic technology with humans trying to fight back against the evil while hiding underground. The player just went on missions to try and close the major gates.

It had only a simple 3 classes and only humans as races.
Templar: Holy melee class. Sword and board or dual wielding.
Hunter: Ranged class. Marksman or engineer with bots.
Cabalist: Demonic caster. Could be a summoner or evoker.

Making custom classes and equipment isn't too much of a problem, but does anyone have any suggestions for a system that will either support the setting or have adaptable rules for me to mess with? GURPS is always a fallback, but I'd rather find something else before resorting to it, as it is complex.
>>
>>49670957
Did that game ever even fucking come out? I remember being hype about it with the previews but then it seemed like it totally disappeared.
>>
>>49670975
Not OP but i did come out. It was buggy as hell though. Fun, but buggy as hell.

I'd probably use heavily refluffed Shadowrun if i was to run a HGL game. Apocalypse World would perhaps work as well
>>
>>49670975
It came out, then died, then got bought by some Korean company and remade into Hellgate Tokyo. I think it's still going.
>>
>>49670975
The release was horrible. Some stores started selling it early so they panicked and opened their servers a few days too early, the servers couldn't handle it and everything went to hell. One of the worst MMO launches ever.

..Then the game withered and died within months and Flagship studios sunk
>>
>>49670957
Well, only 3 classes but they had some variety.
Ranged templars and so on
>>
It wasn't an MMO at first. Just a diablo style third person game. I had a lot of fun and loved the setting. Still play the single player campaign from time to time.
My friends were wanting a post-apocalyptic game so I was thinking of doing it in this style cause I thought it'd be a fun setting
>>
>>49671229
The classes had customization, but those were the usual specs. I don't remember a ranged templar in the original game though.
>>
>>49671573
It most likely wasn't intended as a build by the developers but those templar pistols were really good when dualwielded. I think that they nerfed it a bit soon after release or something. I just remember playing like that during beta or something
>>
>>49670957
Depends on what sort of game you want.

I usually default to Savage Worlds when I don't have any concrete idea in mind.

When it's vidya, especially MMO inspired I'm tempted to recommend 4e and Strike! though, because of the strong tactical teamwork element.
>>
>Come again soon if you're not killed by the faulty shit I sold you!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.