[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing an Old Testament like lawful evil dwarf cle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

File: cleric.jpg (130KB, 828x965px) Image search: [Google]
cleric.jpg
130KB, 828x965px
I'm playing an Old Testament like lawful evil dwarf cleric in my d&d 5e session tomorrow. Any tips on roleplaying? I found this and it seems to be pretty fitting for the character

https://www.tke.org/files/file/The_48_Laws_of_Power.pdf
>>
File: 1460820751632.jpg (34KB, 461x439px) Image search: [Google]
1460820751632.jpg
34KB, 461x439px
> Old Testament
> Evil
>>
File: IMG_0694.jpg (57KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0694.jpg
57KB, 480x476px
>>49670293
If you mean "Old testament" as "if you mess up you die," then I would look more to how the scribes, Pharisees and Saducees lived during the time of Jesus Christ. THAT might be the evil you're looking for.
>>
>>49670399
Actually, yes. By modern standards, old testament God is a total dick.

>Moses goes to Pharaoh
>"Let my people goooooooo!"
>Pharaoh thinks about it, because Moses does some minor miracles
>Almost says yes
>God hardens his heart
>Piss off, Moses
>Starts raining frogs, hallelujah
>Almost lets them go
>God hardens his heart
>Death of the firstborns

It was like the cosmic equivalent of the old "stop hitting yourself" routine.
>>
File: IMG_0815.gif (870KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0815.gif
870KB, 300x169px
>>49674968
As a member of the LDS church, we believe that the Bible is true, as long as it's translated correctly.
I mean, from a historical standpoint, I find it very hard pressed that a book that was translated no less than 6 times, with thousands of scribes (not all of them trained equally) compiling it, that there weren't some errors. Thankfully, since we also believe in "open canon" (were we can still receive revelation from God, as the reason Joseph Smith found an answer while praying), it was also revealed that the Pharaoh hardened his OWN heart. This is shown in the LDS bible (which is just the King James Bible with footnotes and various other things), that every time it says "and God hardened Pharoh's heart," that there is a note on the bottom of the page that corrects this.

Anyhow, I just wanted to explain how at least some christians make of those encounters.
>>
>>49676892
>we retconned god being a dick in the old testament
>>
>>49676905
>implying you wouldn't
>>
>>49676935
only if i get a harem of supermodels and become ultimate authority on Earth
>>
>>49674968

> Enslaving and torturing the Chosen People of God for generations
> Getting away scot-free

Pick one, champ.
>>
>>49676892
>as a member of the LDS church
why the FUCK are you on 4chan.
I'm telling your bishop and your stake president you fucking degenerate
>>
>>49677025
4chan was made for Mormons
>>
File: darth-vader-mattias-fahlberg.jpg (179KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
darth-vader-mattias-fahlberg.jpg
179KB, 1032x774px
Forget the OT and forget the 48 Laws

LE is all about attitude and conviction. You are Darth Vader. You are Emperor Palpatine. You are Jabba the Hutt. You are Tony Soprano. You are Kermit the Frog in the Muppet Show.

In other words, you know what is proper and necessary, because you have seen The Truth (as it has been revealed to you). You have conviction that is bigger than any king you serve: you Know What's Up. And you are surrounded by idiots.

Idiots can be useful, and even admirable, but they are ultimately expendable in your pursuit of What Needs to Get Done. And you get the idiots to do things to these ends because you are smart and charming and the idiots can't help but follow you. Idiots crave leadership. Idiots can instinctively sense that you Know What's Up because your inner sense of conviction shines through. This is the awesomeness of The Truth, and you are its conduit into the world. Get shit done.
>>
>>49676892
>>49677070
Do Mormons get to have multiple waifus? This is important.
>>
>>49677025
Because I was down voted to oblivion on Reddit.

With this anonymity, I can still share my beliefs without someone always disliking all of my comments.
>>
>>49677112
Your god isn't real.
>>
>>49677112
it's too late, you're being excommunicated Elder
>>
>>49677112
Joke's on you, I still don't like what you wrote!

Haha!
>>
File: IMG_0793.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0793.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>49677092
Alright, I've heard plenty of multiple wives jokes on the internet, but this one actually made me chuckle. Good job.

To answer that question, I would say only when God allows it and really really REALLY needs children raised in righteous homes. Also keep in mind that plural marriage was acceptable during Jacob's (Israel's) time. Also keep in mind that in order to get to the highest glory of heaven, that you need to me married and sealed in a temple of god.
>>
>>49677234
daily reminder that church basketball is basically asking to get your knees rekt
>>
>>49677124
Well how do you know that? With science, numbers and telescopes that can't find heaven? Theories and wars that show his absence? Scars from loss and pains from abuse that are still left unattended?

I do hope that, no matter what's the argument, that you read THEIR side of the argument first. Not by asking /r/exmormon what the Book of Mormon is about, not looking up on Wikipedia, but actually reading it.

Now, you might ask, "are you angry lol" and my response to that is "yes, but once that anger has gone away, I only have hope that you have an open mind to these things, and if you had this experience before and closed it, then reopen it again."
>>
>>49677148
But at least you can still see my comment before yours, and see all the arguments without a "-34" next to some.
>>
File: smackdown.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smackdown.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>49677331
you're not making Mormonism any better, you're making 4chan worse
>>
File: IMG_0911.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0911.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>>49677356
Anyway, I would honestly love to have a meaningful discussion with you concerning religion (that most people call arguing), but I truly need to get to bed. You know what time zone I'm in, so if you want to call me a scrub for going to bed this "early," then fire away.
>>
>>49677331
Different anon here.

The existience or nonexistience of God is irrelevant. He clearly does not care enough for the world to meddle its affairs, or his morals are so far removed from our own that we cannot hope to appease him.
>>
File: 1449463128737.jpg (172KB, 960x946px) Image search: [Google]
1449463128737.jpg
172KB, 960x946px
>>49677092
>>
>>49677400
Skrub
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.