[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people live on Catachan? Like, now that the Imperium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Why do people live on Catachan?

Like, now that the Imperium has showed up on the world again, what possible reason do they have to stay there?

It's not even a recruiting world for the Astartes, and its soldiers have notorious discipline problems.
>>
>>49660878
>what possible reason do they have to stay there?

Shared identity. Bloody-minded pride. The fact that off-world migration is heavily restricted by the Administratum.

>its soldiers have notorious discipline problems.

They're also tough and determined.
>>
File: catachans.jpg (1MB, 1857x1585px) Image search: [Google]
catachans.jpg
1MB, 1857x1585px
>>49660878
>what possible reason do they have to stay there?
they like it there
>>
>>49660922
>Shared identity. Bloody-minded pride
Surely living with parasites that eat your feet everyday is not worth that sort of shit.
> The fact that off-world migration is heavily restricted by the Administratum.
Now this makes a lot more sense. Even so, I feel like the Imperium could get more use out of them on other worlds that aren't trying to kill you 24/7. Just seems like an immense waste considering that there are enough enemies throughout the galaxy to be fighting already.
>>
>>49660878
Why do people live in Russia, Lithuania, Serbia, Turkey, Poland, India, China - just to name a few - literally anywhere in the ME or Africa? If you have the money to get out and haven't yet, why not?
>>
>>49660941
>Surely living with parasites that eat your feet everyday is not worth that sort of shit.

You'd be surprised what people will put up with. This isn't just somewhere yucky for them - it's their home, that generations of Catachans have fought and died for to keep at least minimally fit for human habitation. Catachans take pride in their tough lives and are scornful of people living on softer worlds.
>>
>>49660951
>have the money
Typically because they have power over the others. Those that have enough money and no power do live abroad.
>>
>>49663046
You have to speak Freedom on an american site, anon.
>>
>>49660941
>I feel like the Imperium could get more use out of them on other worlds that aren't trying to kill you 24/7

Bear in mind, people are not limited. You would have people on those other worlds anyways.

In other words, it's not a question of having a million people to put on two planets, it's having two planets with a capacity of a million and a half people. If nobody lived on Catachan, you'd have less people, not more.
>>
>>49660878
Catachans are perfectly free to leave their planet. Just build a rocket, equip it with a warp engine and travel to your nearest paradise world. Or, right, there's all that stuff...

>It's not even a recruiting world for the Astartes

Why do people always bring this up? Neither many other hellholes of the Imperium.

>its soldiers have notorious discipline problems

Yet they get shit done.
>>
>>49660941
>Even so, I feel like the Imperium could get more use out of them on other worlds that aren't trying to kill you 24/7
The Imperium does use them on other, usually less dangerous, planets every time they ship a Catachan regiment to a warzone.

As for taking someone of Catachan stock and raising them elsewhere, why bother ?
A large part of how successful Catachan regiments are comes from the things they needed to learn in order to survive to adulthood. Training that is hard to replicate elsewhere.
>>
>>49660930
>less than a quarter of Catachans survive to adulthood
>and a lot of those who do likely die or get shipped off by the Guard without reproducing
Jesus, Catachan women have their work cut out for them
>>
If we don't keep humans living there, some Xeons might move in.
>>
>>49666050
So do the men if they don't plan to have "death by snu-snu" written on their death certifcate.
>>
>>49667037
>>49666050
Reminds me of that one pic where the sex is described as fighting a lictor but it actually has purpose.
>>
>>49660878
>Why do people live on Catachan?
Why do people live in Australia?
>>
There soldiers only have discipline problems if the offworlder they get is a pussy to them.

Colonel Greies was an offworlder but he proved his worth and was the main force to getting Catachans especially the 2nd regiment well known he was Strakens superior for gods sake too.
>>
File: catachansex.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
catachansex.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>49667231
>>
File: 9454515181151847.jpg (349KB, 1100x1517px) Image search: [Google]
9454515181151847.jpg
349KB, 1100x1517px
I love Catachans

I wish they could get more books
>>
>>49669357
According to the fingers it could be Trump...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.