[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question, do artifact creatures reduce the cost of Gearseeker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Image.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
132KB, 223x311px
Quick question, do artifact creatures reduce the cost of Gearseeker Serpent? Such as 1/1 colorless Thopters?
>>
>>49658828

yes.
>>
>>49658828
as long as they are artifact type (which thopters and other artifact creatures are), yes, they do reduce the cost.
>>
>>49658828
>Is an artifact creature an artifact?
This is you right now.
>>
No because an artifact creature is separate type from artifact.

Friend and I had this argument two nights ago, and I became right after 2 hours argumenting.

He ended up losing match because I told him he could not use his artificat creatures for metalcraft.

OP here's an example. A bugbear is in D&D, right? So is a bug bear a bug? No. Is a bug bear a bear? No. Even though it has both names it is neither one of those things.
>>
>>49658929
This guy is trolling you, everything he says is wrong
>>
>>49658929
Obvious troll detected.

But in case you're actually regarded here's the official rulings on the wiki:
>Artifact creatures are both artifacts and creatures and therefore the rules for both apply to them.
>>
>>49658929
This is wrong.
Fuck off dude
>>
>>49658929
it's card type is artifact creature, meaning it counts as both an artifact and a creature and will trigger any cards that will be triggered by either card type
>>
>>49658974

No. It is just like I said. A card cannot have two different type. It can only have one type. A card with two type would be contradictory and also unbalanced because it could be affected by more than one thing.

>>49658956

You do not have a link to that, OP please do not believe a man who is lying. Things from a "wiki" are rarely true, that's why you can't use WikiPedia as source for school project.
>>
>>49659009
That's like saying you can't have a Human Soldier card type
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 226x311px
>>49659009
They did it in the very first set of MTG. You're wrong.

Here's the wiki link for MTG rulings and only for MTG rulings.
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Artifact_creatures
>>
>>49659009
>black human
>is a human
>is also black

By your logic it is impossible for a black person to be regarded as a black thing and a human separately.
>>
File: 4chanmaster.png (155KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
4chanmaster.png
155KB, 680x649px
>>49658828
>>49659009
I'll take the bait.
http://media.wizards.com/2016/docs/MagicCompRules_20160930.pdf
>300.2. Some objects have more than one card type (for example, an artifact creature). Such objects combine the aspects of each of those card types, and are subject to spells and abilities that affect either or all of those card types.
>>
>responding to trollpost
>>
>>49659032

No because that is a subtype, that is different because each card can have its race and then it's class, as separate things.

>>49659049

But that is not part of the cards actual type. Also by those logic a "Summon Creature" card is a type summon creature and thus is not affected by creature spells. The wording in the game have changed over the years. I'm sorry if that is difficult for you to understand.

>>49659058

I am talking about game terminology, and basic card type.

>>49659063

Except it is an artifact creature. That is one card type, not two.
>>
>>49659145
Saging thread. OP is obviously this trolling faggatron who started the thread just to make an asinine chain of troll posts.
>>
>>49658828
"artifact creature" isn't a type
"artifact" is a type and "creature" is a type
"artifact creature"s are "artifact"s AND "creature"s

If Gearseeker Serpent didn't like artifact creatures,
it would specific "for each non-creature artifact you control".
Notice how it doesn't say that.
>>
File: Magic rule.jpg (32KB, 1137x98px) Image search: [Google]
Magic rule.jpg
32KB, 1137x98px
>>49659145
>>
Yup. Plays nice with Self-Assembler in Pauper tron.
>>
>>49659049
I hate to say he has a point. Is an Assembly Worker an assembly or a worker? No!
>>
>>49658828
>do artifact creatures reduce the cost of Gearseeker Serpent?
Read The Fucking Card.

It says "each artifacts", not "each artifact CREATURE". Jesus.
>>
>>49659049
>mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com
Nope.
>>
>>49658929
Okay anon, show me your source
>>
>>49659604

not sure if bait, but artifact, and artifact creature, are still both artifacts, despite one also being a creature. And that's a fact.
>>
>>49658929
>and I became right after 2 hours argumenting.
kek
>>
>>49659580
That's what the magic hyphen in the type line is for.
>>
>>49658929
>Metalcraft
So close, isn't there some new kaladesh version? Kids these days have no idea what metalcraft is.
>>
>>49661713
There are a couple of cards that have one effect if you control one artifact, and a second, greater effect if you control three artifacts. It's not ability worded.
>>
File: 1407552096787.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1407552096787.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>all these people responding to the most obvious troll ever in /tg/ history
Are you all really this stupid?
>>
>>49661730
I think it would work better with delirium. People bitch about that so much, and I think noobs would both know the ruling and be stupid enought to get baited.
>>
>>49658929
>>49659009
You're putting a lot of effort into this ruse m80
>>
Look I think we can all agree that obviously a Bugbear is a type of bear
>>
>>49658828
Don't want to shit up this shitposting thread, but is it just my affinity nostalgia, or is gearseeker a pretty sweet card for standard?
>>
>>49662348
>bugbear
>a bear
It's clearly a bug, and don't give me that dual type shit, it's only one type.
>>
>>49661618
Not there on the printed card.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.