[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GURPS General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 74

File: 1475177388516.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1475177388516.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Old Thread >>49566232

Behold, the OP is a PDF edition!

Dungeon Fantasy Kickstarter is over and did pretty well.

http://gamingballistic.blogspot.com/
http://pseudoboo.blogspot.com/

and of course

http://forums.sjgames.com/

are great places to find GURPS information.

What's the lowest point character you've ever enjoyed, GURPSGEN? What is a low point character you want to play?
>>
>>49644389
Once ran a game with players at 50/-25, alt 1920s Americana
They made a hobo, a war widower, and a grifter wanted by the mob.
They got bought off the streets of The Nation of Hollywoodland and strapped into diesel-jet-mecha.

Much lulz were had.
>>
>>49645080

Sounds like Crimson Skies meets Gundam. I love the fashion of that era.

50/-25 is damn low, did you run into any problems with the capabilities of the party?
>>
Lowest point character was a 50 point character for a game about normal people being pulled into some horror fantasy world. It was pretty fun, but the campaign didn't last that long. He was an Aussie farmer.

I've got my own question. If a volley of say, crossbow bolts, is fired at a character, would it be reasonable to treat it as a single attack with an average skill of the launching group, and a ROF equal to the number of weapons used?
That way there's one dodge roll, instead of like 15 where a character can somehow dodge them all.
>>
File: 1465439543885.jpg (102KB, 695x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465439543885.jpg
102KB, 695x1000px
>>49645166
Of COURSE we ran into issues! There was a single dx over 10, and everyone's disadvantages were crippling. One was a kleptomaniac, the other had PTSD, and the last had a mob hit out on him! By the third session half the mechanic were out of service when critical components sent missing, the second pilot pulled a Shinji, and the last got ahot buying groceries in downtime.

It was so much fun :D

And very much so Crimson skies. Think that, mashed up with Alan Moore's America's best comics Tom Strong stuff, with a dash of the phantom, The Shadow, and Red Alert for good measure.
>>
>>49645443
Sounds perfectly reasonable. Especially with those modifiers.
>>
>>49645474
That sounds great. Disadvantages can add a LOT to the game when they're roleplayed properly.
>>
>>49645443
I'd allow it unless it was a quite simulation game. Certainly much faster..

Though ROF 15 is well within a decent dodge roll or bad attack roll to totally miss, while 15 shots in a row with average skill, aimed and short range would be quite likely to generate a few hits.

Most characters should surrender when there are 15 people with crossbows aiming at them.

>>49645474

That sounds like a lot of crazy world building. Klepto stealing fuses out of the 'mechs is pretty fucked up and funny.
>>
>>49645488
It basically makes a volley into a "suppressive fire" type attack, which is attacking an area, which is what a volley is in the first place.
>>
>>49645571
>Most characters should surrender when there are 15 people with crossbows aiming at them.

That's exactly what I mean. I had an instance in a game a while ago where a character just charged and dodged like 3 volleys with a series of fairly average, but successful dodge rolls.

>Though ROF 15 is well within a decent dodge roll or bad attack roll to totally miss, while 15 shots in a row with average skill, aimed and short range would be quite likely to generate a few hits.
Exactly. It seems fair to me.
>>
>>49644389
75-point amnesiac designer baby gangster in TL10 cyberpunk. Told the GM I wanted to play but didn't feel like making a backstory, so I became a plot device. Wound up discovering that he was some sort of tech geek that was going to upgrade the (also 75-point) sexbot-turned-gangster PC with sweet parts. Game died fast due to some shitty players, but it was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>49645657
Though.. if you are good at dodge / have a good shield and they don't have time to Aim it's quite hard to land a hit on someone with a crossbow, especially under less then perfect conditions and with modestly skilled mooks. A brave, wild person might be willing to try it, especially if they can get in close and use the other crossbowmen as cover.

>>49645687

>Brain wiped tech-geek in cyberpunk..

Wake up on Citadel Station?
>>
File: school_hallway_stock.jpg (750KB, 2634x2304px) Image search: [Google]
school_hallway_stock.jpg
750KB, 2634x2304px
In my campaign, the PCs are a bunch of timelost folk that arrive in our "when" for a purpose that is as of yet unknown to them. Specifically, they pop in at a school on the west coast of the United States during the 2010s.

They will have arrived shortly after a rapture basically took the majority of the world's population to either heaven or hell, so everything is is in pristine condition...well, as pristine as you're going to get when teenagers are in the mix.

So, I have a few questions regarding their starting locale. Should someone here know the answers, I would appreicate you enlightening me 8-).

1. What sort of non OTC (over the counter) medicine that would be of use to a band of freewheeling PCs could plausbily be found in the school's infirmary/nurse station?

2. Aside from the cafeteria and all it's frozen/dried/canned goods to pilfer, the PCs are probably going to want to hit up the vending machines (quite literally!) for portable and ready-to-eat sustenance. Living off of such food is probably unwise over the long haul, but I don't foresee any problems with them eating a few meals comprised entirely of junk food.
However...I am unsure just how many candy bars plus bags of chips/corn nuts/trail mix/etc consitute a single meal as GURPS defines it. What would a good approximation be?

Also, would any kind of drink founding in a school vending machine count as the Sports Drink found in the High-Tech supplement?

3. What is the DR/HP of an average locker's door? How about the lock?

Can the rules for forcing open objects in Low-Tech be applied to technology from higher Tech Levels (8, in this case) and still provide believable results?
>>
>>49645939

4. This must have been listed SOMEWHERE, so please excuse me for missing it, but...how big of an area does a car's headlights illuminate and by how much do they mitigate a total darkness penalty?

5. Speaking of lighting: do darkness penalties not affect long distance travel in the slightest? The PCs will want to save the batteries in their flashlights and I imagine hiking along a deserted highway while relying solely on moonlight or even mere starlight is tricker than doing so with the sun highlighting darn near everything.

6. Here is, admittedly, a very broad inquiry. What are some cool niche items in a school that an adventuring party would want to consider taking with them? Most of my bases are already covered, but there could be a resource or two that I have failed to consider.
>>
>>49645939
>>49645950

1) Epi-pens, or ephedrine autoinjectors. Stored for use in the case of exposure to dangerous allergens. Nitroglycerin tablets, while sadly not useful as tiny bombs, would be there too.

You'd also find an automatic electronic defibrillator.
>>
>>49645848
Close. Woke up from drug-induced coma in a basement, naked. Jumped the first person who came in the room with a jagged piece of metal, started fighting my way out, and then the rest of the party shot their way inside on a job to steal me back from the kidnappers. Didn't get far enough into the game to really get back memories, but I suspect I was playing the son of some megacorp CEO who had serious robotics-related implants.

>>49645939
1. I don't know about on-hand stuff that come with schools, but I assume whatever medication a high school kid would reasonably need while at school. Asthma, painkillers, epipens, etc.

2. B265 says that 14 lbs. constitutes enough rations for a week's worth of food. Two pounds per day. Assume that a basic vending machine item is 1.5~3.5 oz, and that there are five to ten items per "row." For an average vending machine, we'll say there's four rows of five and four rows of 10 (bagged food and candy bars, respectively). That gives us 420 ounces to 1,960 ounces of food, or 25~120 lbs. of food. That... might be too much. Can't find vending machine total food capacity.

3. Basic Set B558 for door, High-Tech 203 for locks.

>>49645950
4. No clue on distance, but they should probably negate it to -3, as a flashlight. I'd just look up real-light headlight cones and use it for GURPS, or guess from flashlight beams.

5. Reduce their speed, IMO. I've done night hikes without a flashlight before, and the worst thing you can do is get spooked and start rushing. Make them roll Fight Checks, and if they get spooked and run, then you can start asking for vision rolls to spot obstacles. Failure means DX rolls to not trip/hurt yourself/etc.

6. Anything in the shop or drama classes. Anything from the band/orchestra rooms. Janitorial supplies, textbooks, chemistry supplies, etc.
>>
File: Flashlight at night.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Flashlight at night.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>49646214

As per the Tactical Shooting supplement, flashlights reduce the darkness penalty to TL-9 (-1 at TL8, in other words).
>>
>>49646600
Oh, sure. I was just going by B394 since I try to minimize references to supplements. I find GURPS to be very fractured, so the less books I have open to reference, even if they're more accurate than Basic Set, the better. Even then, I'll still likely have three or four books open besides Basic Set while running a game. More of a convenience for others, really.
>>
File: potassium-nitrate-250x250.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
potassium-nitrate-250x250.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>49645950

Make sure to grab this from the chemistry classroom. There's no end to the uses, from growing plants to blowing stuff up.

Mixed with sugar you can make a smoke bomb (lots of sugar / less saltpeter) mixed with a small amount of sugar to a lot of saltpeter it's rocket fuel that burns hot enough to set off thermite.
>>
File: three coffins.png (177KB, 320x462px) Image search: [Google]
three coffins.png
177KB, 320x462px
>>49647900
Say hi to BAFTE, they're now watching this thread
>>
>>49646637

That is certainly a reasonable stance.

I prefer the buffet (pick as you go) method when it comes to consuming GURPS rules. If some optional non-Core mechanic benefits the PCs *and* will factor in quite frequently - and the darkness rules will, in my game - I utilize it.
>>
File: 29701648422_ee4a4e8ef1_b.jpg (415KB, 1024x709px) Image search: [Google]
29701648422_ee4a4e8ef1_b.jpg
415KB, 1024x709px
>>49647961
>Basic understanding of chemistry gets you on a watch list.

I don't even think you are wrong, I'm just sad about it.
>>
>>49645939
Candy bars are really good emergency survival food. They have a BUNCH of calories for their size and weight. A 1.6 ounce snickers bar is 215 calories, so one pound of these could keep you going all day though a lot of hard work.

If you don't have blood sugar problems this diet is bad in a lot of ways, but from a survival perspective no worse then a ration bar.

From a game standpoint I'd allow high energy density junk food to be a 1 pound day of rations that give -1 to HT rolls if eaten for more then 3 days in a row.
>>
File: 1386821542969.gif (50KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1386821542969.gif
50KB, 600x601px
Does anyone run fantasy (TL3/4) campaigns with "Edged Weapons and Blutn Trauma"? I get an impression that this rule is disliked, could someone elaborate on that? Is it poorly balanced or what?

I feel like such rules are the major reason why I prefer D&Ding with GURPS rather than PF.
>>
Why does the M1 Garand have +1 damage over other WWII service rifles? The .30-06 loads used in WW2 had generally less muzzle energy than Mauser K98ks.
>>
>>49648728
Let me give you my (autistic) thoughts on it with a visual aid.

Compare the first and second sections of the table (No edge protection and normal edge protection). Notice how, even with edge protection, axes and swords can get their cutting wounding modifier while striking light plate and light mail?

That's my issue with edge protection. It doesn't actually fix the real problem - people getting through plate and mail with cutting attacks, which just shouldn't happen, even with a strong overhead chop from a halberd. Edge protection is rule that doesn't "fix" what's "broke", so people who want it don't find it useful, and those that don't find what it "fixes" to be "broken" have no use for the rule in the first place. It's in a limbo where it's pretty much useless to everyone, and not worth the space it took up in Low-Tech.

Even doubling the numbers doesn't get me to where I want to be - light plate being impossible to cut through with a regular sword or axe. It should be red all the way up to ST 20 (or ST 16 with KYOS rules that brings ST in line with other realistic human limits).

It's a rule for no one. Of course, some people like it... but those people are weird and we don't talk about them.
>>
>>49648790
America.
>>
Infinite Worlds. Weird Characters.
>>
File: tumblr_n68wvqLLD71sds1v2o2_500.jpg (107KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n68wvqLLD71sds1v2o2_500.jpg
107KB, 500x750px
>>49648728

I've played with it! Some thoughts..

It makes cutting weapons less dangerous, that's not a terrible thing. Some people don't like that you can still do CUT/IMP damage though plate armor with this rule and feel that metal armor in general should be very difficult or practically impossible to cut though instead of just hard and somewhat rare.

Historically, cutting or impaling chain or plate wasn't a first choice. If you fought someone with armor you'd try to aim around it, even grappling them to restrain and stun them long enough to guide a point to a chink in the armor.

My thought on it is that, unless you are doing what we were doing and playing a Crusader game where any CUT or IMP damage involved rolling to avoid dangerous infections it's not really necessary. But I like it and find it works well.
>>
>>49646214

Assuming the locker door is constructed out of high-grade mild steel (DR 60 per inch) that is 14 gauge thick (.075 inches), that means it ought to possess DR 4 (technically 4.5). Weight of the door, on average, is 4 lbs. For a Homogenous slab of metal, that's 13 HP.

A fire axe swung by an individual with above-average strength (ST 11). should deal an average of 7 cutting damage per strike (Swing 1d+1 + 3 from the fire axe). After DR, that's a net damage of 3 per strike multiplied by 1.5...back up to 4 damage per strike. Hm. It looks like our warrior might only have to swing four times to cause the door to bend enough to be forced open with minimum effort, seven times to possibly chop it off of it's hinger, and about twenty times to completely shred that rectangle of metal into a useless twisted piece of scrap. With All-Out Attack (Strong), the process is even quicker.

Man...that's got to be tiring AND noisy. Chipping away at the Standard Lock (DR 6, HP 3) itself takes 3 blows, 6 blows, and 18 blows respectively.

How about forcing the door open? Let's see...
You'd have to go after the lock. We're dealing with a Quick Contest of ST (11) versus object HP (3). You subtract DR from ST (11-6=5) and then roll (Intruder's ST of 5 versus lock's HP of 3). This seems much quicker and success often comes fairly easily.

The Action supplement states that a fire axe adds +2 to ST, so this particular obstacle becomes even easier to circumvent.
>>
>>49648792

Light Plate in the LT book is ahistoric, and could be easily cut by an average person using a swung weapon. The Fluted + Master Tailored version is so thin it should buckle under it's own weight and would crumple if handled roughly.
>>
>>49648624

-1 HT? Holy cow, that's rough!
>>
>>49648873
>Light Plate in the LT book is ahistoric
Huh? Dan Howard used real armor weight and dimensions for Low-Tech. Are you saying that the light plate from Low-Tech never existed?

>could be easily cut by an average person using a swung weapon.
Again, what makes you say that?

>The Fluted + Master Tailored version is so thin it should buckle under it's own weight and would crumple if handled roughly.
As far as I can tell, master tailoring reduces effective weight when worn, not actual armor weight. Reducing the literal weight of the armor is silly. Fluting's specifically called out as reducing weight without losing strength. How are you coming to these conclusions?
>>
Any reason to not apply Limitations on Talents?

Like if I buy Animal Friend 1 and Animal Friend (only horses, -40%) 2, giving me the +1 to rolls with all animals except horses which I'd get +3.

Seems OK, right?
>>
>>49648792
Maybe you are misinterpreting the table? Edge protection shifts the numbers a bit, and adds a lot of more realistic (not realistic - *more* realistic wrt Basic Set) situations in my medievalesque low-power games.

I mean, generic DR4 mail cannot be penetrated by moderate ST of 10-11 without AoA. And higher ST mean much stronger people, on which I doubt you have a lot of empirical evidence on mail-slicing.
>>
>>49648939
It says "reduce weight" not "reduce effective weight". I don't think I could support any interpretation that would say it's not reducing the real weight.

To cover the area it dose a iron cuirass at 8 pounds would be about .8mm thick. A strong man could drive a blade though a .8mm wrought iron sheet.

A .5mm sheet of wrought iron the size of a cuirass would have to be held carefully, as it's too thin to hold it's own shape.
>>
>>49648797
I thought the guy who wrote those books was from New Zealand or something.
>>
File: img000032.png (2MB, 851x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000032.png
2MB, 851x1200px
My personal take on damage, armor and realism in GURPS is that it has more in common with your average episode of GoT than it does with "real" reality.

The rules of physics apply, but there's a sense of "TV realism" to it all. Swords will go through armor, people can live through improbable scenarios, etc. Vanilla GURPS give you the perfect "live action TV feel".

For actual realism though, the damage you can inflict by muscle power is too high (but changing it would also interact weirdly with wound modifiers, so those would have to be looked at as well), hit location penalties are a bit weird (especially for ranged attacks), DR for LT is too low and my players don't buy enough wealth to actually simulate a realistic concept like a "knight" or something like that.

I'd love to see a hyper realistic hack of GURPS, since personally I'd like to GM a hyper realistic TL2 campaign, but I know my players would rebel at the harshness of it all.
>>
>>49648977
>Maybe you are misinterpreting the table? [...] more realistic
I doubt I'm misinterpreting the table. Sure, more realistic, but I'd rather be realistic or not be realistic - going halfway (such as with edge protection) leaves a bad taste in my mouth as it's neither cinematic enough for cinematic games nor realistic enough for realistic ones.

>generic DR4 mail [...] without AoA.
Sure, I noted as much on the table, but the fact that an AoA can do it for someone with ST 10 really doesn't do you edge protection any favors.

>And higher ST mean much stronger people, on which I doubt you have a lot of empirical evidence on mail-slicing.
I doubt you have a lot of empirical evidence of mail or plate being overcome with halberds and lances, let alone sidearms like swords. ST 11 isn't exactly notetworthy for human scale - ST 20 is close to the human limit for Basic Set Strength (B15). It's not unrealistic for there to be plenty of people with ST 12~14 on the battlefield. Hell, the default assumption for soldiers in pretty much any soldier template is at least ST 11.

>>49649028
http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php?p=1066423&postcount=12
Tailoring was made to stay consistent with Dungeon Fantasy, and thus, is cinematic. Realistically, only fluting would reduce actual weight. Therefore, tailoring (realistically, not by the book) would only reduce effective weight, if that, for the wearer. I admit a literal reading reduces the armor's actual weight. I can't find the Dan Howard post talking about this at the moment, though, unfortunately.

>A strong man could drive a blade though a .8mm wrought iron sheet.
Your point being? That's an iron sheet, not armor. Thickness in armor varied; it wasn't uniform. The way the armor is designed also reinforces it, angled to deflect blows. A sheet is... a sheet. Not comparable. It's like saying you could stab through plate because you can stab through a car hood - they're not the same at all.
>>
>>49649178
>It's not unrealistic for there to be plenty of people with ST 12~14 on the battlefield
I would very much argue with that proposition, but I have fuckall for proof. But I get what you are saying, and I concur many of the points. I still like the rule, though.

>angled to deflect blows
Already covered by dice rolls, though.

Obviously you've given it quite some thought, so how is it balanced out in your games?
>>
>>49649178
You run low on shaping and geometry options when you are covering a chest and back with 8 pounds of wrought iron. It's simply very, very little material. Cutting the thickness anywhere to reinforce another area isn't much of an option, as if you thin it by more then a tithe anywhere it's going to warp or break at the thin points when the person wearing it walks, much less gets hit by a sword.

The overall thickness of the armor is very important. If you've cut the thickness by 10% to increase the surface area so you can add ridges and make it corrugated to increase stiffness and deflection you've made it easier to defeat with parallel hits.
>>
>>49649208
>covered by dice rolls
I don't really see it being covered by dice rolls. I guess you could fluff it that way. I'd have to give it more thought before I reach a conclusion, though.

>so how is it balanced out in your games?
nogames ;_;

My gut says that edge protection would be good if you apply it to non-metal armors; I've some some casual research and it's a lot harder to find information on the effectiveness of just leather or layered cloth against cutting weapons than that of mail/plate/layered armor. Maybe hardened leather, too, but that's debateable and it wouldn't ruin my gaming experience if edge protection applied to it.

Against metal armors, you just use edge protection rules but with a threshold far beyond what any human would be capable of, which (in practice) amounts to "If you strike metal armor, your cutting weapons lose their wounding modifier, full stop." Against a dragon, though, yeah, shred that plate wide open man.

It's easy to guess how things play out (which correlates with real life): Unarmored targets become higher (than normal) priority, such as the face, limbs, etc., and chinks become a more desireable target to go for. It doesn't really change the dynamic of battle too much - just soothes my autism. I'd probably throw in the houserule about targeted attacks lowering the penalty to attack chinks and see how that worked out if I had the people and time for such a game.

>>49649297
Low-Tech weights were based on real armor, and real plate armor wasn't cut by swords, axes, halberds, etc.

Remember that light plate in Low-Tech covers the entire torso (cinematic); realistically the plate armor would only cover the chest. Low-Tech's default level of realism is the heroic realism that Basic Set assumes.

I'm not an armorer, so I can't really discuss the gritty details of design. I just know what I've researched, and it leads me to believe plate and mail wasn't penetrated by cutting blows.
>>
>>49649400
Well designed armor did not get cut though by swords.

Well designed armor also did not attempt to use 8 pounds of iron to protect the chest, abdomen, groin, upper back, lower back and ass.

The DR 3 light plate offers realistically limited protection. It's ahistoric because it's too light and uses too little material. If you are worried about realism point out that medium is much closer to where real armor started.
>>
>>49648792
Just say cutting damage turns into crushing damage. Plate turns a sword/axe into a what is basically a shitty metal mace. If you want to get anal about it, change the damage roll to be a bit less than a metal mace, so metal maces have use against armor. Artificial sure, but its an idea.
>>
>>49649433
>Well designed armor also did not attempt to use 8 pounds of iron to protect the chest, abdomen, groin, upper back, lower back and ass.
Realistic armor did not do that, yes. Re-read this, and allow me to expound on it
>Remember that light plate in Low-Tech covers the entire torso (cinematic); realistically the plate armor would only cover the chest. Low-Tech's default level of realism is the heroic realism that Basic Set assumes.
That is to say, a REAL light plate cuirass would be 6 lbs. and cover only the chest (LTIA:6). The abdomen would have a 4 lb. fault of light segmented plate, or perhaps brigandine. I'm still studying real-world armor loadouts for soldiers of various TLs and status (Low-Tech Loadouts helps jump-start that, though).

>It's ahistoric because it's too light and uses too little material.
Real plate armor didn't cover the abdomen. The plate in Low-Tech is a cinematic, gameable abstraction for those that don't particularly care about realism, and that's fine. I can play that game and have no issues whatsoever, because that's just how it works.

>If you are worried about realism point out that medium is much closer to where real armor started.
Going by Low-Tech Loadouts, that's true, so it's most likely true to real life as well. Whether or not that's the minimum is something I need to research, though. I am glad that talking with you lead me to really scrutinize DR values for TL4 plate, though.

>>49649519
I did. See >>49649400. Although I didn't word it in a nice rules-lawyer-y way, the intent is there. For damage, probably -1, -2 at the most. It's good enough as an abstraction for me.
>>
>>49649565
I hear your point about the Low Tech light plate armor being cinematic, or at least a game-play compromise for characters that prefer to minimize encumbrance, despite being 'too thin' by history's standards.

Realistic TL 4 armor should start around 5-6 DR, or at about a 16-20 pound cuirass and groin/buttocks protection in GURPS term. Made from steel you could cut that down to a shockingly light, for it's coverage, 12 pounds and have the light end of historical armor.

This also means edge protection optional rules would only rarely allow even strong men to cut though armor. If it bothers you, remember that deflecting off the plate at an angle and digging into somewhere fleshy is also doing CUT damage, reduced by armor DR, without acutely cutting though the plate itself.
>>
>>49649647
Note on shiny metal asses...

Historically butt armor went out of fashion with the chainmail halbirk. The butt's a huge pain in the.. uh.. butt.. to armor properly. This is an area that needs a huge amount of mobility to work properly and to ride a horse you have to be able to rest your weight on it.

The simple solution? Just let a pair of durable pants or the lower hem of a buff coat or skirt to hang over your backside. The good news is that, well, it's a fleshy and heavily muscled area. The nerves and major blood vessels are very deeply buried in the largest muscles on a human body. A hit hear is, biologically, quite survivable and faces away from people you are fighting unless you do Capoeira, and in that case you deserve to die anyway.
>>
Isn't Light Plate meant to be used on extremities, not the chest anyway?
>>
>TL4
Feeling safe inside your DR9 bulletproofed breastplate side by side with all the m8's?
So i present you the ogre slinger, he hurls stones the size your head at your ranks at 80m/s.

SM+1 ST20 sw3d+2 using a SM+2 sw+5 heavy sling with fitted grip(LT companion 2 p21) for 5d-1(3d+2+5). THATS 16-17 ON AVERAGE
>>
>>49648792
anon, realistic breastplate starts around DR6, light plate is paperthin, literally, you only need 3mm of steel to get DR7, the only place someone is ever going to use that is on the inner thighs or inner fingers
>>
>>49648860
>Historically, cutting or impaling chain or plate wasn't a first choice
If you are one of the biggest soldiers in history with blatant ST13 you can just IMP through it with a halberd, otherwise good luck doing 13raw damage to punch through your usual breastplate.
>and
>thats
>the
>fucking
>problem
Anons assume that their ST15 snowflake is just a strong dude and go nuts when they cut through steel, ST13 is the top end of human pre contemporary history, the strongest between the strongest in a army were ST13.
>>
So on the trove, there's GCA.
What order do I install updates in? Cumulative.exe first or dataupdate.exe?
>>
>>49649869
Yes? They update different files and don't interfere with each other.
>>
>>49649565
>Real plate armor didn't cover the abdomen
you know that steel skirt? thats how abdomen plate looks like
>>
>>49649869

If you're new to GURPS, I'd recommend GCS over GCA, since it's free, modifiable and simpler. Some people prefer GCA though.
>>
>>49649565
>Real plate armor didn't cover the abdomen
Panoply also >>49649647
>>
>>49649911
It's segmented plate, silly.
>>49649918
GCA is """free""" and modifiable too. Although I find it quite unwieldy. I tried to use it because it has all the modifiers for advantages, but it doesn't have fucking page references so it's basically useless when you build new powers and need to check dozen different pages back and forth.
>>
>>49649929
>It's segmented plate, silly.
LT and one of its companions, loadouts says otherwise. Plate covers everything thats not 'halfplate'i can't find a suitable english translation layering dependent while segmented plate covers 1/3 or more overlaping plate
>>
>GCS-92: No longer mark library files as changed when all that was modified was the sort order.
Oh, fucking finally.
>>
>>49650122
>segmented plate covers 1/3 or more overlaping plate
its more like segmented only covers great horizontal overlapping plates while plate covers articulated plate like the beintaschen but this works too

>>49649926
Panoply is segmented though
>>
File: 111327.jpg (65KB, 721x960px) Image search: [Google]
111327.jpg
65KB, 721x960px
>>49650122
It's a little disappointing. There's a huge difference in coverage, style and expense between 15th century articulated plate harnesses and 17th century "fuck bullets" pikemen armor.

In the basic Low Tech rules the latter would be more expensive, despite IRL the price being incomparable.

The articulated harness might cost more then a craftsman could make in 5 years while two month's pay for a mercenary could buy pikemen's armor.
>>
>>49650315
Anon, don't forget that LT just like everything else treat shit as base price aka production time+material cost so a lot of things can still get Expensive, Overpriced, Fine, other quality stats as well as any other applicable shit. Just like that new stylist BRICK being sold by 30 englishmonies
>>
>>49650315

To be fair if you bought an articulated harness you'd probably have some Styling. No sense in wearing expensive armour if no-one knows who you are, which Italian maestro made your plate, or how much money you have (which also helps if you get captured - penniless peasant levies get hung, rich nobles get ransomed).
>>
>>49648864
>Weight of the door, on average, is 4 lbs.

That seems like a really heavy locker door to me. The ones we had when I was in school (twenty years ago, mind you) were so flimsy you could literally bend them with your bare hands. The locks were simple to pick too.
>>
>>49648954

Generally, yes, but with a few concerns:

Some talents specify which specialities of skills they apply to and don't get a discount for it. So a theoretical horse-whisperer talent would probably give you a bonus to Animal Handling (Equines) while costing just as much as Animal Friend. Not really a problem unless you have some weirdly specific talents in the game.

If your talent doesn't always apply, you need to calculate your skill levels twice. Not a huge problem in the specific case of Animal Friend (Only Horses), because Animal Handling (Equine) always applies to horses, for example, but possibly an issue with other limitations.
>>
>>49650315
Don't forget that those fuckbullets plates only worked from mid to long range and against smaller than fullmuskets guns from close range. You would still die to a propper musket8 gauge, .85, 2oz, etc. from 100-150m, sure few people would actually wield these things, but still
>>
>>49649178
>ST 20 is close to the human limit for Basic Set Strength (B15).

You realise someone with ST 20 could casually beat all human strength records and it's actually possible to be the 'worlds strongest man' with ST of around 16, right?

>>49649028
>A .5mm sheet of wrought iron the size of a cuirass would have to be held carefully, as it's too thin to hold it's own shape.

Is that actually true for a curved plate and couldn't armour be fairly 'wobbly' anyway? From videos I've seen of 'penetration tests' the plate often seems to flex quite a bit.

Even if plate that light wasn't used on the torso, there are places which you would use much thinner plate on. Metal skullcaps made to be worn under wigs or hats for example.

>>49649710
>Historically butt armor went out of fashion with the chainmail halbirk

What? The hauberk was a pretty early piece of armour and everything before that which protected the crotch also relied on being a hanging skirt. Form-fitting plates around the buttocks and groin were only used fairly late in the development of plate (and very rarely, as they were an engineering nightmare and had the issues you mention of being fairly useless for cavalry).

>>49650315
Apparently the armour prices in Low-Tech were mostly based on game-balance, not historical pricing since they couldn't find enough good data to work from. So feel free to drop the price of late TL4 heavy plate as you see fit.
>>
>>49650874
14, you only need ST14 to beat most olympic athletes and 15 to beat all records
>>
>>49649028
>A .5mm sheet of wrought iron the size of a cuirass would have to be held carefully
at tl4 you won't get DR3 from a .5mm steel sheet, more like .9 or 1.2, remember that the original tests for establishment of what is DR were made using modern hardned steel, which isn't the case of TL4 inner thigh plates
>>
>>49649178
>ST 20 is close to the human limit for Basic Set Strength (B15)
Anon, i don't think you know enough about gurps to be talking about this, BS strengh is based on some 80s~ math of the THEORETICAL maximum possible strenght of a human, we are talking about a individual many times stronger than the strongest man who fucking ever lived
>>
>>49650874
>Apparently the armour prices in Low-Tech were mostly based on game-balance, not historical pricing since they couldn't find enough good data to work from. So feel free to drop the price of late TL4 heavy plate as you see fit.
price modifiers was always a thing, i don't know why people keep discussing about prices when time just dictates everything.
You think it should be more expensive because of work cost or maybe scarce material? okay, just put a Expensive +1/2/3/4/5/X CF on it, or do the reverse, put a not qualityCheap on it.
>>
>>49648792
>people getting through plate and mail with cutting attacks, which just shouldn't happen, even with a strong overhead chop from a halberd

Charles the Bold was killed by a halberd stroke at the Battle of Nancy, and Swiss peasants were reported to have hacked off the limbs of knights with theirs, so I don't think it's as straightforward as all that.
>>
>>49648792
>which just shouldn't happen, even with a strong overhead chop from a halberd
dude, what the fuck are you talking about? its mail, not fucking antimpactfuturebullshit material, it was possible to cut/punch through it when using those fuckhuge polearms with bits and pieces MADE EXCLUSIVELY FOR DOING IT, me, a woman with 69kg and 1,74 managed to bust open a 5mm 850usd safe box using a D2 grade steel pickaxe, and anon, thats way, way more than you will ever find on the go to joe neck, arm or maybe even the fucking chest, give a big weapon to a big dude and let his fuck up some fine mailmaybe not getting through the padding on the upper chest, and remember that mail was often layered with thick padding for a really good reason, people wouldn't try to cut through it with a sword but a big long swing of a danish axe will fuck up your day
>>
>>49648906
well, you are talking about eating only snickers for 3+ days
>>
This fucking discussion about DR and ST again, we had it not even a week ago. Will the general go into this bullshit every time a newcomer starts posting?
>>
>>49649565
This is why I love GURPS. The system encourages its users to modify it in order to suit their tastes. It feels natural when you add your own "houserule" to GURPS.
>>
>>49651751
and this time we only wasted about 40 replies and 7 hours
>>
>>49651689
It's one of those contentious issues that pops up in GURPS communities, like the Cult of Stat Normalization or asking about realistic Hiking rules on the official forums.
>>
>>49651899
> Cult of Stat Normalization
What?
>>
>>49652538

Basically a lot of people like to obsess about human benchmarks for attributes.

Also the hiking rules blow.
>>
My group is learning GURPS and I'm trying to figure out how to avoid the game slowing to a crawl every five seconds for rules references. I've run two sessions so far. Last session's pace was absolutely glacial. One player, who is a bit of a rules enthusiast, felt obligated to look up shit up like typical cost for food and board, encumbrance, ritual path magic stuff, etc.

The worst was when he studied the Path of Crossroads section while an NPC tried to restore a gate, the NPC obviously trying to advance the plot after three hours of doing nothing, and he started telling me that it there is a specific and large penalty because the gate was last used a week ago and that we also have to account for the distance that the gate connects, which would cost upward of 100 energy. I ruled that only creating the gate should account for distance, not restoring, and that the time penalty (which I haven't been able to even find in the book) doesn't apply for mysterious magical reasons because not everything has to work exactly as described in the book.

After the session I said that we should totally forbid looking up rules during a session in the future, letting the GM (me) rule at the table for the sake of pacing. Our rules guy argued that we ought to take the time to look things up during the first few sessions so we will actually learn the system. Maybe no looking at any rules is going too far; I have access to a 10-page "GM screen" with useful tables and such, so maybe I should just limit it to that? What does /GURPS/ think about all this? Are rules arguments like the one I mentioned worthwhile, or should I just immediately disregard our rules guy and proceed as planned when he pulls something out like that? What advice do you have for a group new to the system?
>>
>>49652680
Check the rules after the game.
That's what How To Be a GURPS GM recommends, so your rules-lawyer can fuck off.
>>
>>49652680
>After the session I said that we should totally forbid looking up rules during a session in the future
That's more than sensible, especially in fucking GURPS.

>Our rules guy argued that we ought to take the time to look things up during the first few sessions so we will actually learn the system.
Tell that little bitch if he's unhappy he can look for somebody else who can stand his autistic ass.

You personally as GM should never look up anything up but tables (ie, range, hit locations, etc), and even if you want to use a rule and have doubts, just go with what feels right and check the books afterwards. Also I'd recommend writing short summaries of the PC's disadvantages and their effects, so you can bring them in play quickly without having to ctrl+f.
If anyone thinks of any rule to use and it's long, requires explanations and preparation, tell them to note it down and collect all that once the session is over. Then you can calmly discuss with them whether you guys'd have more fun with it or not.
If it can be summed up in a short phrase, rolled right away and everyone thinks it could bring fun or extra challenge, go for it. But note it down too, to check against the books after you're done playing, just in case the player had it wrong.

If you keep listening to that guy and adding rules, your fights are going to end up like that combat rules .pdf with 170+ steps to check per round.
Don't just try everything at once, add shit up slowly and don't be afraid to play loose with the rules.
>>
>>49652895
>>49652835
Thanks guys. I was pretty sure I was right about that, but I wanted to see how system veterans saw it, and having a few second opinions to quote helps too. Much appreciated.
>>
>>49652895
>>49653099
Forgot it, but "summed up in a short phrase", without checking any book, of course.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Me0Jwu2Yw

How would I stat out this hook roadhog uses?
Im planning a boss encounter with a guy who does exavtly the roadhog thing.
What does it take to reel a player character in? We have people in heavy space suits and shit.
>>
>>49654028
Telekinesis (Increased Range, x2, +20%; Attraction, -60%; Nuissance, Cannot attack through objects, -10%; Visible, -20%) [1 point/level]

Using Throwing to attack instead of a grappling skill is a +0% feature. I wanted to make it breakable so people could attack the chain to get free, but that would have given more of a discount and we're already at the -80% cap, plus I don't know if breaking the chain is possible in OW anyway.
>>
>>49654216
Whoops, Increased Range is only woth +10%.
>>
>>49654216

Its not possible to break the chain but that would be interesting for the boss fight. Thanks for the tip with telekinesis.
The hard part is the ST or means of pulling in the player. but thats what levels are for. This guy is going to be around ST 20+ so it should be possible.
>>
>>49654294
Oh wait shit. I just realized that was (half of) my hookshot build. Roadhog doesn't rely on mechanical assistance; he hooks the motherfucker and yanks them in with his stupidly highstrength.

That would instead be Binding with the Retractable enhancement, possibly as a Follow-Up to an ST-based Impaling Attack. That modifier is from PKitty's blog "mygurps" and lets you draw in enemies you've used Binding on with a Ready action. The big downside to this, though, is that I don't know of any rules for how fast you can pull them in; one yard per turn is way too slow. Maybe the rules for shoves or even throwing things would work better.
>>
>>49654492

Im giving him my roadhog rip off the assistance of a ST 23 / HP 30 pole arm fighter. Im thinking this guy can hook 'em and reel them in and the polearm fighter can murder them when they are grappled.

Speaking of can it be that slam damage at speed 7 for the 30 HP fighter is only 2d?
(30 x 7) / 100 = 2,1 means 2d crushing on impact? This character is also SM+1, it seems rather useless with players being armored.
>>
Hey, I'm thinking of a character like Spike from X-men, only body armor instead of offensive weapons. How do I do this?

I got
>[5]/level DR
>[-20%] Semi Ablative
>[-40%] Tough Skin
>>thinking about cutting it down to -20% and making scratches have to get through the DR

Thing is, it's Switchable, what's the price for that? It's anywhere from 10%-100% going by other advantages, and when it's on he can't wear armor, so how do that when it's, again, switchable?

Maybe I should just do affliction(self only)?
>>
>>49652538

Long story short: there are a bunch of GURPS GMs that limit Attributes to a maximum number of 15 (you can only purchase up to ST 15, DX 15, IQ 15, and HT 15).
>>
>>49654874

Blah, also, Partial, how do I figure that when they can grow it wherever at will? Variable and +10% partial at will?
>>
>>49649167

What is the source of that picture?
>>
>>49654492
2d has the potential to immediately KO most people, and even if it doesn't it will stun about half the people it hits. Armor is effective against this, but that's why it's a good investment. Also, don't forget that you automatically knock someone down if your damage roll is double theirs; HP10 enemies are rolling 1d-1, so that's pretty likely. If all else fails, trade the halberd for a shield and one-handed weapon; at ST 23, you can one-hand a *lot* of stuff (and at ST 24, you can one-hand a greatsword!), and shield rushes add the shield's DB to the slam damage and deals damage to the shield rather than the wielder. A huge motherfucker with a greatsword in one hand and a DB3 sheild in the other would slam for 2d+3 cr and take no damage themselves; even if they don't smear the target with the slam, they *will* put them on the ground and be ready to bring the pain with a sw+3 cut greatsword.

Still though, slams are pretty wonky. That's one of the reason's I'm super excited for the new Dungeon Fantasy set; one of the devs mentioned they fixed/tweaked slam damage.
>>
>>49652680

Tell your rules lawyer to eat dick.
>>
>>49650678

It could be. I might lower the weight to 3 lbs.

What are your thoughts on how easy it is to pry the lock until the door is forced open?
>>
File: 1426785181417.gif (443KB, 506x516px) Image search: [Google]
1426785181417.gif
443KB, 506x516px
>>49654922

I like it that way even in fantasy and other cinematic campaigns (before racial templates anyway). It keeps characters sort of in bounds and more relateable.

For my cinematic games I instead push for high skills and cinematic advantages and powers.

Also most problem characters I've encountered has had very high attributes. The fact that they can default so much and that learning new skills is a single point investment is a huge. Their saves also tend to be superbeefy, which often becomes an issue of encounter design as well.
>>
>>49654953
Crap, meant to reply to >>49654545
>>
>>49654953
Roadhog/GiantDad 2016
The Legend Never Dies
>>
File: tumblr_mqd4jiUkRD1syrjl3o1_1280.jpg (148KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqd4jiUkRD1syrjl3o1_1280.jpg
148KB, 1280x528px
>>49655048

Can't stand the cult.

That Attribute ceiling may be appropriate for certain games, but as a universal limitation? No thanks. I like my strongmen that can kill sharks with their bare hands and omni-capable geniuses that can pick up any discipline of the mind.
>>
>>49654953

So stun from the damage as it goes over the threshold?
>>
>>49655199
The cult is understandable for groups; some people want to stay rooted in something believable/relatable.

What I despise is the cult infiltrating the devs. GURPS is meant to cover anything; writing rules that assume everything will occur between two humans with relevant attributes 8-14 is anathema to the very basis of the system. Hell, look at the Roadhog discusion above; the only rules for pulling/pushing people assume two humans in a grapple, so an ST 30 giant that entangles an ST 4 christmas elf with his whip/kusari/lariat/etc. and yanks... pulls the dude a yard closer.

>>49655357
Yep. Major Wound Thresholds are a bitch.
>>
Doing !Roadhog I need a big gun for him for when the players get close. Whats the big shotgun for a SM+1 ST 24 guy?
>>
File: SumatraPDF_2016-10-05_15-21-28.png (64KB, 678x334px) Image search: [Google]
SumatraPDF_2016-10-05_15-21-28.png
64KB, 678x334px
>>49649647
>>49649865
Alright, thanks for the info. And on plate deflecting at an angle, I guess that could work. Still seems too easy for my tastes, and working out where it actually hits might be more of a pain in the middle of combat than just losing the cutting modifier. I'll give it some thought.

>>49649865
>ST13 is the top end of human pre contemporary history
That's something that'd be interesting to look into, too, but I imagine it'd be difficult to find anything conclusive on it. It's not like they could be as healthy as we are today with modern medicine and knowledge of the human body.

>>49650874
>>49650935
>>49651002
>someone with ST 20 could casually beat all human strength records
>you only need ST14 to beat most olympic athletes and 15 to beat all records
>theoretical maximum

I'm not sure how you're getting those conclusions. You need 19~20 ST to get into world-record lifts around 1,000~1,200 lbs, with a BL of 72~80 to lift 15xBL. Image linked is from Kromm's KYOS article, where he rescales 20 ST down to the normal 16 cap for humans. I think it works for both realistic and cinematic games, since 13 ST means a lot more now, while 30 ST means you're lifting buses and throwing cars.

>>49651385
For Charles the Bold, I can't find anything conclusive about the helmet itself being split open. For the swiss peasants, can't find anything at all. Could you help me find specific sources?

>>49651653
I'm not sure how a safe box is comparable to armor worn by soldiers. Either way, mail suffered broken links; it wasn't cut through. You can bet your bottom dollar that it would break bones and put you to the ground just from blunt trauma, though.

>>49651689
Gomenasai, anon-chan. I will work harder in the future to be less contentious in my posts on the subject, but I can't control others' reactions to them.
>>
>>49655611
If we use the existing rules for the Lifting skill, a professional lifter (Lifting-18) that rolls a critical success (4 on 3d6) increases their BL for one lift by 70%; their ST can be as low as 15 (BL 45) for the strongest of the strong.

That being said, there's also some debate over the Lifting skill. Some feel that it would be more realistic to only allow you to use your full ST after a successful roll instead of letting a successful roll boost your ST; a failed roll reduces your effective ST for that roll and a critical success leads to injury.
>>
>>49655611

>ST13 is the top end of human pre contemporary history
>That's something that'd be interesting to look into, too, but I imagine it'd be difficult to find anything conclusive on it. It's not like they could be as healthy as we are today with modern medicine and knowledge of the human body.

I think it's very debatable. If we look at lifting ability, ST13 is clearly not the maximum.

Personally I think the damage scaling table for striking ST is very heroic in design, which causes a lot of rules weirdness (life for instance how three good punches will end a boxing fight).
>>
>>49655822

Yeah I think the mechanics of the lifting skill are very weird.

Yes, you have to train to balance and lifting technique to be a good lifter, but the reason why you train is that you need your body to not go snapcity when you go for the big haul.

There's a different in how much you can lift as a trained lifter compared to an untrained one, but it's not THAT big of a difference as the GURPS lifting rules seem to imply.
>>
>>49655822
Ah, yeah, the lifting skill. I keep forgetting it exists. Something tells me that, since Kromm ignored it for KYOS, either he forgot (unlikely, but possible) or he considers it cinematic and not something to factor into BL (more likely). By the book, yes, ST 15~ with a critical success on Lifting would give you that much, but... I'm definitely in the "Use this skill to not break yourself while lifting" camp like >>49655896. I wonder what a "routine" task for lifting would be... probably lifting in a gym setting.

>>49655832
Yeah, ST's all over the place. Damage is cinematic, lifting is laughable. I think you can just drop melee damage by one or two for both thrust and swing would produce more "realistic" results, but it'd require playtesting to get the right amount.
>>
>>49654922

That's really only defensible for IQ and HT where the former can deliver omnidisciplinary world-changing skill at a high enough level, and the latter is basically another defence stat and extremely sensitive to small variations in value.
>>
>>49644389
Where do I got to find free pdf's of gurps? I specifically am looking for Gurps warriors.
>>
>>49656057
The OP pic isn't a jpg or a png, anon.
>>
Hey GURPS General, what's your favorite Issue of Pyramid, favorite article of that issue, and why? I haven't read much pyramid and am wondering what people's favorites are.

Personal favorite is 3-53 Action, Fortunately I Saw this Coming. Retroactive edits like that are a favorite of mine, since they let you role play a genius without actually being one.
>>
>>49656933
Omg
Modular Mecha was literally a solution to a setting problem I had, the exact week it came out. Hilarious.
>>
Goddamn, I wish I had a rule discrepancy to voice to you guys. But the mechanics in my game are super solid right now...

If only to launch more discussion in the thread. I hate to see it degrade into insanity like this.
>>
File: SH concept post werewolf Greys.png (435KB, 687x929px) Image search: [Google]
SH concept post werewolf Greys.png
435KB, 687x929px
>>49658730
How about giving me advice on a Monster Hunter character? I'm thinking of making a werewolf investigator. How do werewolves and inhuman in general play in Monster Hunter?
>>
>>49658782
Hmm not my expertise, but I can spitball.

What's the setting? TL and cultural sophistication on the setting?
>>
>>49656933
Cyberpunk, hacking rules

Every other system with hacking seems to be met with a lot of hate
The one in that issue was so simple and straightforward

A bit "lesser of the evils" but still, it works
>>
>>49658794
Monster Hunter is TL 8 and Modern Day, but with monsters living secretly in the shadows. Think of Supernatural, Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and to a lesser extent (with Experiments) Jessica Jones and Luke Cage netflix.
>>
Is Ritual magic (do not confuse it with RPM) any better/worse or balanced/unbalanced than normal magic?
>>
>>49658802
Fuck year man. Such a nice simple system that still tickles the sophistication bones.
>>
>>49658890
Cool. You're looking as shotguns with slug rounds then(high tech) and then plunking in either hollowpoints filled with silver nitrate, or solid slug silver loads.

Get some good knife armor/antidtab for claws n such. As well as mace sprayers/bear spray loaded with wolfsbane.

Also, trauma kits.

Everyone should own a silver coated knife of some size. Tactical shooting/gun fight should get you into targeted attacks being bought down for vitals/limbs/heads for maximum effect of shots.

Also, hardened radios.
>>
>>49659135
I think his character is a werewolf himself, not specialized in hunting werewolves.
>>
The damage multiplier from an attack to the neck is after armour, right?
>>
>>49659532
Yeah. Multipliers affect post-armor damage.
>>
>>49659812
Thanks. That's how I read the rules, but I became sort of unsure after my last session, when our (replacement) GM just flat out applied it to damage before armour.
One of my poor party members got hit for 20+ damage in the neck. Twice.
>>
File: 1454633951620.png (87KB, 406x314px) Image search: [Google]
1454633951620.png
87KB, 406x314px
>>49659852
Jesus.

Well for shits n giggles, Tru COMBINED sounding modifiers in an ultra tech game.

So hit locations apply modifiers, and so does damage type.

Now imagine an ETK anti materiel rifle shot to the vitals.
>>
>>49659135
>>49658782

The bad news is that lycanthropes, and especially werewolves, are the worst templates in Monster Hunter.

You eat 140 points for a frankly shitty Alt Form that inexplicably doesn't have no fine manipulators, so you eat the full price for +4 DX.

To use your heighten senses you have to wolf out, but that's a shitty option in a lot of investigations.

And most of all, you can't use armor in your animal form but always take a fucking huge x4 Vulnerability to Silver, meaning getting shot once will kill you dead.

So.. Yeah, play literally anything else.
>>
>>49654953
ST24 is a HUGE motherfucker, i mean, thats the usual strenght of a SM+2 humanoid, or something beffier than thisyou typical ST14/15 humie on the top end of SM+1, this will be great for a big hulking boss but not so much if half your party is made of beasts.

Also remember to give him SM+1/+2 weapons and more thick armor, check LT Companion 2 for help converthing shit up or if modern give him the biggest HMG he can wield.
>>
>>49655415
>he only rules for pulling/pushing people assume two humans in a grapple
anon, thats not true, there are rules for taking into account different SM and HP, give me some time and i will find it for you, if someone else knows exacly where it is please help because i will go through a lot of articles to find this

>>49655610
You won't find shotguns that big so give him a autocannon with bulkshot shells, check HT for directions on how to make a shell into bulkshot
>>
File: Leonid Taranenko.jpg (113KB, 593x640px) Image search: [Google]
Leonid Taranenko.jpg
113KB, 593x640px
>>49655611
>to get into world-record lifts around 1,000~1,200 lbs,
Anon, the world wheightlifiting record is 266kg on the clean and jerkLeonid Taranenko, around 586lbs, those 1000lbs records are on the "Shift Slightly" category where dudes just do deadlifting with 'bracings', special structures made to distribute the weight equally. 15xBL is for "carry on the back" and lifting skills improve your efficiencyby improving your balance and shit and thus giving you a ST "bonus" for lifting.
>>
>>49660329
I wouldn't have brought it up if his ally NPC wasn't already at ST 23.
>>
>>49660101
If you don't mind shifting things a bit go for an Experiment that was created with lycanthrope blood. Get Scent, Regeneration and pick up Injury Tolerance (Unliveing) to make a monster that won't stop and explode the first time they get hit.
>>
>>49655832
>ST13 is clearly not the maximum.
i didin't said it was the maximum, i said it was the 'top end', which as far as i understand here on the general is used as a expression to say what on XTL you could find on the rank and file joe.
ST13 is what your elite between elite joe will have, like the 10ft swiss halberdier or the 8 vara tercio pikemen(around 7.5 metres), while ST is what you can expect from the "usual" elite soldier, like the zweihänder wielding doppelsoldner or the 7 feet swiss halberdier, and don't forget that these strongest mens in a army received WAY more than the lower joes
>>
File: strongman.jpg (57KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
strongman.jpg
57KB, 960x640px
>>49660329
>>49660650
forgot the image, beffier than this
>>
>>49660390
Well it's not in Combat Writ Large (#377: Combat), where I expected it to be.
>>
How would you make gauss guns that require some sort of crank to charge the capacitors, allowing for futuristic lever-action rifles &carbines and pistols that need to be cocked?
>>
>>49661142
Just take whatever ultratech weapon you want to base it on and lower RoF down to 1, I'd lower the price on these weapons since they're inferior to crank-less models.
>>
>>49661235
Lever action guns have RoF 2, though.
>>
>>49654874
Switchable is +10%
Can't Wear Armor won't affect you when DR is turned off, since it's part of DR advantage.
>>
where can I find a GURPS game?
>>
File: 1390987574536.jpg (204KB, 742x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1390987574536.jpg
204KB, 742x1023px
>>49656933
I have several: Last Gasp, Metatronic Generators, Combat Writ Large and Ten for Ten. Amount and consistency of optional rules are the reasons I was drawn to GURPS in the first place.
>>
>>49661773
Here, t's where I found my group.

>>49661521
thank you you beautiful man
>>
File: 29864427496_6fbb57aa2e_b.jpg (300KB, 1000x734px) Image search: [Google]
29864427496_6fbb57aa2e_b.jpg
300KB, 1000x734px
>>49661773
Here's okay. There have been a few people recruiting lately, one of them for a TL 4 Sunday afternoon game and one a Monster Hunter game. Details are in the last thread, don't know if they are still looking for people.

Otherwise Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds are decent places to look.
>>
>>49661142
Uh.. Realistic or Fun Fantasy?

Realistic: You'd need to crank on a hand dynamo for a LONG time to build the charge for an electromotive gun.

Of course, that doesn't mean you couldn't have a kitbashed gun that had, say, three banks of capacitors mounted on a revolver cylinder. Turning the crank rotates them, letting the ones that just discharged cool down while a cold bank is connected to the battery pack to recharge and the charged bank is connected to the firing circuit.
>>
File: aitd_by_drfaustusau-d7pgltv.png (216KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
aitd_by_drfaustusau-d7pgltv.png
216KB, 900x1350px
Given the turn-based nature of GURPS, it seems that you cannot, in a realistic campaign, throw something and then shoot it BEFORE it finishes reaching the end of it's trajectory. You *can* wait until the next turn, but this is problematic because an enemy will have an additional opportunity to defend themselves (either by taking a Move action or hitting it away) and because hitting a flying or even just elevated target is nearly impossible.

Here is an example of an object you might want to do that with ->

"Propane (TL6)

Propane gas cylinders commonly fuel barbecue grills (p. 32) and camp stoves
(p. 57). They’re also potent field-expedient explosives. To set one off, it’s necessary
to rupture the cylinder near a flame (like the ever-popular hand flare, p. 58).

Fragmentation from the cylinder alone is 1d cutting.

Small Cylinder (TL6). A disposable tank for camp stoves, lanterns, etc. (4dx2
burn ex). $5, 1 lb. LC4."

Am I missing something? I'll accept a relevant cinematic rule if it exists.
>>
>>49662841
Pretty sure you can make double attack.
>>
>>49662841
I don't play with guns but, there's two 'realistic' (as in, not-cinematic) standard combat options that allow you to dish out attacks in quick succession, Rapid Strikes and AoA(Double). Use one attack to throw, the other to shoot. If it's not RAW (again, i've never used a gun in GURPS in my life), I'm sure it's not really an insane concession to allow you to do it. In fact, I'd say it's the perfect situation for a Rules Exception/Inclusion perk (can throw an object and shoot it in 1 second as a Rapid Strike/AoA(Double)). For 1 point, you get to do something cool, sometimes, that you wouldn't be able to normally, perfect pricing for a Perk.
>>
File: 1419747811263.jpg (502KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1419747811263.jpg
502KB, 2048x2048px
>>49662923
Exactly that. You can throw a tank with one hand and shoot it with the other at -8 to the off hand and -4 to the main hand.. unless you've got ambidextrous, then you would just have -4 to either.
>>
>>49662923
>>49662934
>>49663015

You could cook an omelette with the amount of egg on my face right now 8-^).

All you would have to do is worry about the distance and (negative) SM modifiers in addition to any potential difficulty in tossing a cylinder with your "off hand" (unless you are, as has been mentioned, ambidextrous).

Given the hectic nature of throwing a projectile and timing it to get near your target before shooting said projectile, I feel Enhanced Time Sense ought to remove *some* sort of penalty associated with this action-movie stunt.
>>
File: 1425316522756.jpg (2MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1425316522756.jpg
2MB, 2000x3000px
>>49663116
I agree with you on principle. Note that there's zero penalty if you've got Extra Attack and Ambidextrous, where you can throw your bomb and shoot it out of the air in one turn without a problem.

The easy way to do this is of course, the buddy system. Have someone else throw it when you yell pull, then shoot it when it's above the target's head.

You won't have time to Aim, so maybe a shotgun would be best for this.
>>
File: 1377970916449.jpg (824KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
1377970916449.jpg
824KB, 1920x804px
So I wanna run a sci-fi space game where the players are psionic terrorist/freedom fighters/rebels against an evil space empire. GURPS looks like a great fit.

What point count should I start players with? It looks pretty expensive to build a competent character. And that's WITHOUT psionic powers.

Should I up the point count, and mandate a big chunk to be spent on psionic powers? Give some stuff to players for free? Should I use the rules for spacecraft in GURPS: Spaceships or Traveler Interstellar Wars? (I did originally plan this campaign in Traveler, but those rules are just too clunky.)

And, any good tips for a new GURPS GM to watch out for?
>>
>>49663234

Only if you are shooting slugs or are packing a ten-gauge shotgun. Why? Well, the cylinder is sporting Damage Resistance 6 that must be breached...
>>
File: 1471703197872.png (3MB, 1190x896px) Image search: [Google]
1471703197872.png
3MB, 1190x896px
>>49663246

>So I wanna run a sci-fi space game where the players are psionic terrorist/freedom fighters/rebels against an evil space empire. GURPS looks like a great fit.

Are you sure you shouldn't be running a Star Wars system instead?

Anyway, I'd go with the Spaceships system. As for points, 250 points should be enough. I'd say something like -50 points in disadvantages is enough. These are the same limits as in Dungeon Fantasy and should be sufficient for this kind of heroic game.

GURPS psionics, powers and pisonic powers are a good plays for psi powers, but I guess you've maybe figured out that already. Alternatively if you want more flexible psionics, you can easily refashion Sorcery to be psionics instead.

As for for an oddball you might want, GURPS biotech can give you stuff like templates for augmented humans, if you are interested in that sort of thing.
>>
File: 1422689527597.jpg (365KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1422689527597.jpg
365KB, 1920x1080px
>Are you sure you shouldn't be running a Star Wars system instead?

Honestly, I'd be paranoid that people would accuse me of stealing from Star Wars. I'm not sure if the setting should be something like 2400, where colonies and interstellar nations have formed and are now interacting with each other, 2800 after some big problem cut off colonies and set progress back centuries, or just something in the year 4000 and it has a more Star Wars feel, where there is magic and psionics and exotic stuff on the frontier.

>As for for an oddball you might want, GURPS biotech can give you stuff like templates for augmented humans, if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. In my OC Donut Steel setting, just about all of known space is human space. Aliens are very rare, most of them are primitives that never advanced past the Medieval age, and others are hidden. Humans colonized thousands of worlds, and created engineered humans to live on those worlds without tech.

And because this new Human Empire is set on conquering, expanding and enslaving/killing non-"pure" humans and psions, these underdogs have to band together.

The player's world was conquered 10 years ago, and the player's race of humans looks different from baseline humans. This world was bombarded from orbit, billions died, and now they're less than second class citizens in the Empire. You know, to give all the players a common 2edgy4u backstory, to explore just how far they go to get Vengeance, Justice, and how those goals are different. (Players will end up killing tens of thousands, easily in their fighting.)

It's late. I'm rambling.
>>
File: M1887_LH.jpg (38KB, 1188x323px) Image search: [Google]
M1887_LH.jpg
38KB, 1188x323px
>>49663314
Everyone should have 10 gauge magnum buckshot loaded at all times.

2d+1 ROF 13. Who cares if you need ST 14 to use it?
>>
>>49663700
Practically speaking, 10 gauge shells of any kind should be bitch hard to acquire if the game is set during the modern day.
>>
>>49663502

Strike Legion might have some ideas to plunder, particularly when it comes to characters able to commit atrocities as a side-effect of their missions.
>>
File: 1439068699183.jpg (83KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1439068699183.jpg
83KB, 720x960px
Hello I joined a TL8 game a few weeks ago and wanted to ask a few questions if that alright.

My first one is when using move and attack when shooting can I move shoot and then keep moving? I would think so but I wanted to ask here just in case.

My next question is when taking on people with a DR of 35+ what should my best course of action if I'm able to get my hands on AP rounds? I know I can target limbs but I anything else would be nice to hear too.
>>
>>49663502

How do I stat out walkers like that?
>>
>>49664084

Build them like big metal animals with innate attack is what I would do until we get a Vehicles supplement.

It's basically how they do it in Transhuman space as well.
>>
>>49663988
how high is your ST? do you have access to military grade(LC2/LC1) guns?
>>
>>49663988

Yes you can keep moving after you shoot.

As for armor, in TL8 that's mostly just torso armor, so grenades and the like should be able to get around that. Your best bet is still to just shoot at target locations though. Targeted attack (face) should give you good mileage.
>>
File: Hank Hill.png (180KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Hank Hill.png
180KB, 512x384px
>>49662841
>Letting a propane tank explode
>>
File: Rorschach_(movie)_lights_him_up.jpg (75KB, 1200x499px) Image search: [Google]
Rorschach_(movie)_lights_him_up.jpg
75KB, 1200x499px
>>49664559
Are you implying it's better to use it as impromptu flamethrower?
>>
>>49663955
Not that hard. If you are willing to go to $2.10-$3.00 a round (fucking ouch) you can pick up 10 gauge high velocity steel birdshot, buckshot and slugs in American stores and online.

Of course, a person planning to do serious work with them might just choose to build their own. Reloading brass shotgun hulls is easy as hell and the modest investment for a few brass hulls and a box of primers and you are ready to go.
>>
>>49664721
Reloader here. Can confirm that it's easy as hell. And plastic-hulled, brass-based shells will last quite a while, too.
>>
>>49664147
Spaceships also works for big walkers.
>>
>>49664147
there are some conversion methods for vehicles, i think the pdf in on OP image, check GURPS Update(its a book/pdf) for guidelines on how to handle ST conversion

also take a look at this
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=37465
>>
Come on GURPS, make your death check.
>>
>>49669221
New GURPS book just released today. Steampunk 1: Settings and Style
>>
>>49669315
Whaaasss?!
>>
Are their any rules for modifying the caliber and propellant a firearm is rated for, and are they compatible with Ultra Tech?
>>
>>49669395
I can't think of any enhancing modifiers other than UTs ETK and ETC mods, and even those are balls to the wall. (I often use them on top of high tech guns to get quick and dirty future guns...)
>>
>>49669395
I know Gun Fu and Tactical Shooting both have rules for modifying your firearm's calliber to fit in ammo meant for another gun. IIRC it's a 30-minute job that calls for Armory (Small Arms).
>>
>>49669315
>The preview links to DF 19: Incantation Magic's preview
topkek

Will this release affect the likelihood of GURPS: Girl Genius ever seeing the light of day?
>>
>>49669580
Preview links to the new Steampunk content for me.

No idea whether or not this affects the release of Girl Genius. But I do appreciate how consistent SJ Games is about releasing content, month in and month out, whatever that content happens to be.
>>
>>49669580
>>49669744
Links to DF19 for me too.
But you just have to copypaste the link and change the 340 for a 339.
>>
>>49669580
The e23 store page has a working preview.

As for Girl Genius, there's no explicit mention of it in the index like there are for other steampunk/gaslap works, so it porbably hasn't been folded in to this. However, the only thing really unique to GG is The Spark/Madness, and that's easy enough to stat: Just package Charisma, (Quick) Gadgeteering, and some levels of Talent together and slap on Temporary Disadvantage (Megalomania/Calous/Compulsive Monolouging/Curious/Attentive/Workaholic/Clueless/etc.). Everything else is either covered by the Basic Set, the Weird Science issue of Pyramid, The -Tech books (including Bio-Tech), Powers: The Weird, and this new book.
>>
>>49669395
You can go to +P ammo via High Tech for a bit of a boost. What weapon can handle it is down to the GM though.
>>
File: 1394593661534.jpg (72KB, 520x401px) Image search: [Google]
1394593661534.jpg
72KB, 520x401px
Help. I'm too lazy to use my physical rulebooks, too broke to buy pdfs, and too dumb to know where to pirate any.
>>
>>49671408
Attn: Me.
your an retard
I read the OP this time.
>>
>>49645443
there is a rule for something similar that was mentioned in relation to mass combat. Just treating it as a single unit w average of units skill and treat the attacks as ROF.
There are some rules in tactical shooting relating to dodging multiple projectiles, you might want too look into that.
>>
>>49669902
Oh wow, girl genius! That's a perfect property for GURPS to wedge into the steampunk market!
>>
>>49652680
Honestly an important mindset to have during GURPS is that GM's word is LAW

If the GM abuses that power just beat his ass after the session.
>>
>>49644389
I've hosted and been part of sessions where we had:
Western campaign: Racist black man hell bent on killing all white people.
A borderline retarded mexican mariachi (IQ8) who holdouts multiple sawn off shotguns because he cant be assed to reload.
A crazed gold digger, who at one point stopped in the middle of a firefight to scrape off the gold liners on a train.
A gung-ho madman who stuck a stick of dynamite up an incapacitated bandit's ass just to see his reaction when he blew up.
and a gunslinger who at one point fanned enough ammo into "my final bossfight dude" so that the fight ended in 1 turn, his.

ATM I'm hosting an ostfront WW2 german campaign where every other player (unbeknownst to the others) has either secret: jew
or is a spy.
>>
File: armor of thorns.jpg (107KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
armor of thorns.jpg
107KB, 600x600px
How viable is just putting on some heavy, spiked armor and sumo slamming everything?

Does armor actually add to slam damage, if not, shouldn't it?

Is there a more slam-y option than punches and kicks that doesn't require a running start?
>>
File: 1361488667217.jpg (110KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
1361488667217.jpg
110KB, 600x440px
>>49672883
Armor protects you from slam damage. That's really, really good to have because taking more damage then the other guy can knock you down.

The best slams in GURPS, however, are shield slams. You get more damage, take no damage most of the time (most shields have enough DR to withstand a slam) and it's easier.

If you do make a SlamMaster, remember that you will often need to finish people off on the ground. Knock them down then kill them.

>Slams without a running start

If you just want to knock people down the 1 step slam is in many ways a better option then the long slam. You don't need the extra damage from the bigger run up and you can still put people on the dirt.
>>
>>49672078
>Oh wow, girl genius! That's a perfect property for GURPS to wedge into the steampunk market!

Yup... but the Foglios (Agatha first appeared in GURPS: IOU, and they did a lot of art for the game back then) have been sitting on it for a decade or so by now.

It's unlikely to ever happen, especially now that the related things like The Weird and this Steampunk one have been put out.

An official GG book might draw new fans, but current players will already know just how easy it is to do already.
>>
>>49672883
I can't find any rules about armor affecting slam damage, but I wonder if it would be appropriate to add worn armor's HP to the slam calculation. Or at least some fraction of it, or just that of torso armor.
>>
>>49672883
Slamming isn't good as a main source of damage, because you'll hurt yourself and won't do near as much damage as a guy with Weapon Master. It is useful to knock people down, however, and using a shield gets around the you hurting yourself bit.

RAW, armour doesn't add to slam damage. You could possibly argue that slams should be based on the sum of HP and armour HP, but that probably wouldn't make a huge difference anyway.

Dungeon Fantasy 1 has Spiked armour, which does 1d-2 imp if you make a DX-4 roll while in close combat. Other people slamming you automatically take max damage, so it might be fair to rule that you slamming somebody else automatically hits.

More Power to Dungeon Warriors in Pyramid 3-61 has the Ramming Speed perk, which allows you to calculate your slam damage as though you had moved at full move (reduced for injury and encumbrance) regardless of how far you actually moved.

From the same article there's Ultimate Ramming Speed, which also lets you ignore injury and encumbrance.
>>
>>49672883
>Is there a more slam-y option than punches and kicks that doesn't require a running start?
Super Jump into them. You slam at maximum jumping move, which is the *better* of 1/5 your jump distance and your normal move. That means for 10 points (8 if you take Horizontal Only, -25%), you can always slam into people at full Move, plus pits are less of an issue, which is a nice side benefit.
>>
>>49664422
many hours later but no we don't
>>
File: 1408319526292.jpg (200KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1408319526292.jpg
200KB, 1280x850px
>>49674309
Your best bet then is to get a heavy rifle, something in the 7d range, and aim for the vitals with AP ammo. The reduced wounding mod from AP becomes irrelevant when you hit the vitals and even though armor you will do enough damage to bring people down pretty fast. Stay calm, Aim, Brace, Fire.
>>
>>49674354
VS DR 35 armor a rifle with 7d-1 pi-(2)* will do an average of 23.5 base damage, the armor will be reduced to 17 protection giving you an average of 6.5 penetration, for 18-20 Wounding. Enough to stop or even kill people quickly.

*IIRC, APHC does -1 damage and drops the damage mod by one step.
>>
>>49674502
AP loses damage (x0.7). APHC just drops the wounding modifier by a step.
>>
File: 1453401962218.jpg (360KB, 685x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453401962218.jpg
360KB, 685x960px
>>49674565
Well shit, fuck my advice then. If you've only got AP then you are down to 5d from a decent rifle.. and even with the (2) you hit a 17 DR with 17.5 average damage.
>>
>>49672883
Use Hawk Flight. Trust me. Hawk Flight Minotaur Sumo Slam is a scary thing.
>>
File: 1474430286539.jpg (79KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1474430286539.jpg
79KB, 800x533px
>>49674354
>>49674502
>>49674565
>>49674641
Thanks seems like my next goal would getting APHC or AP rounds
>>
File: Iron Golem.png (657KB, 882x831px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Golem.png
657KB, 882x831px
So how do I make a permanent golem with sorcery? Build the body and layer afflictions on it, assuming a statue has ST, DX and IQ 0?
>>
Give me your dumbest character concepts:
>character built explicitly to whip people
>ST 16 [60]
>DX 14 [80]
>Whips 19 (DX+5) [20]
>Buy 7 yard long whip
>You do sw d2 cr
>If you "crack" (-4 to skill, but +2 damage), and hit an arm or hand, the enemy must make a will roll not to drop his weapon
>You can entangle them with a -4 roll, and switch to using the lariat rules
>You can entangle the neck and choke people, this requires a quick contest of ST, but you have ST 16
>If you do this on a saddle horse, you can use its ST of 21
>If you just try to hit the neck, your d2 cr is doubled
>Whip men in the groin for maximum shock
I mean, it's retarded, but I'd totally play a useless whipmaster for a oneshot.
>>
>>49674997
Ally (Magic -10%, 15 or less, Minion) with (Social Stigma: Valuable Property ($50,000))
>>
Does anyone have a resource for Japanese yokai?
There was one quite a while ago from the forums but I can't find it.
>>
>>49675353
>Double Shield Dave
>Two Shields
>Off hand training for shields
>Weapon Master: Shield

>Go around slamming everything.
>Fuck any other defense. BLOCK ALWAYS
>2 Bash 4 U
>Look like a retard.
>>
File: Youkai.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Youkai.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49676454
This the one?

>>49675353
Ooh stupid character tricks? Sadly my collection of thought exercises is on another machine, so I can't contribute much at the moment. Does my Punch-for-Points build from last thread count?
>>
>>49677411
>pdf
I'm not sure, is it by tarnic or whatever his name is?
Nonetheless this works. Thanks man.
>>
File: campfire_by_warmics-da0n8fj.jpg (103KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
campfire_by_warmics-da0n8fj.jpg
103KB, 1024x576px
An object on fire takes 1d-1 burn damage per second (an average of 2.5 burn per second). I will assume -10xHP is the point where a log has burned to ashes, as this threshold equals "total bodily destruction" for a human.

Wood has DR 2.

A 20-lb Homogeneous log has 22 HP.
A 100-lb Homogeneous log has 37 HP.

Without factoring in DR, the 20-lb log will burn away in 96.8 seconds (about a minute and a half) and the 100-lb log will burn away in 162.8 seconds (just under three minutes).

With DR, the 20-lb log will burn away in 484 seconds (close to eight minutes) and the 100-lb log will burn away in 814 seconds (nearly thirteen and a half minutes).

Do these figure seem right? Working with GURPS' rules, a group wishing to keep a fire going for an hour will have to bring along many *hundreds* of pounds of wood.
>>
>>49649167

What is the source of your picture?
>>
Is there a gurps supplement with good references for 1500's-1600's naval ships?
>>
>>49678881
>Wood has DR 2.
Check B558. 2" thick wood has DR 2. Given that a Duraflame 5 lb. log is something like 4" thick, that'd be DR 4, meaning the fire only does damage to it on a roll of 6. Not sure how long that is in GURPS terms, but it should burn a little longer.

>>49678888
Reverse-image search says it's from Ruin Explorer Senpai & Irhlie.
>>
>>49678881
>>49679027
I understand where you're coming from but don't get too technical.

One 4"×12" (assume 4" at thickest point of girth) quarter split piece of wood on an outside campfire IRL lasts from 40-60 minutes depending on weather. A typical campfire takes 4-6 split pieces of wood of the same measurements (also depending on weather) to keep you warm, but maybe 3-4 for minimal light.

Toss the GURPS crunch and tell your players that they need one log per hour of tended campfire. Assuming 8 hour nights with a campfire tended throughout the whole night, this is about 56 logs per week of travel. You best have a wagon.
(Although I may be a sc/out/ I haven't gone camping in forever but I stand by my calculations)
>>
>>49679134
Also I feel I should note that weight depends on the kind of wood. I think pine can be pretty light and oak can be really heavy.
>>
>>49675353
Hilariously, whip is a good less lethal weapon and is preferable for the characters who don't want to kill their enemies. BDSM - safe, sane, consensual.
>>
>>49678881
I'd consider wood "destroyed" by fire to be converted into charcoal, a fuel for fire that is consumed slowly by flame and becomes ash but takes no damage from fire.

Remember, damaged doesn't mean vaporized in GURPS.
>>
>>49675353

>Whipmaster
>Not whipmistress

anon are you even trying?
>>
File: 1472419801146.png (168KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472419801146.png
168KB, 960x800px
>>49675353

>No imbuements to induce ecstasy with your attacks
>No perk to fight in high heels
>No trademark catchphrase where you call your opponents "filthy pigs"
>No Use Rope skill
>No sadist and bully disadvantages

6/10 concept senpai. Never go half retard.
>>
>>49678914
Maybe Swashbuckler?
>>
File: 1457850394600.png (785KB, 600x1724px) Image search: [Google]
1457850394600.png
785KB, 600x1724px
>>49679891
Reminds me of how Holy Warrior of Love and Fertility in DF7 has Whip, Knot-Tying and Erotic Arts as his skills. And don't even get me started on the spell list of Love and Fertility cleric.
>>
File: unnamed (3).jpg (28KB, 429x343px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (3).jpg
28KB, 429x343px
>>49679891
The MURDEROUS BETTIE RAGE!
>>
>>49679134

"Toss the GURPS crunch"

Why?
>>
>>49679232

"damaged doesn't mean vaporized in GURPS."

When it comes to the -10xHP threshold and pure Corrosion or Burning damage factors in, it often does.
>>
>>49680807
There are ways a man should walk alone. You'll understand when the time will come, I believe in you.
>>
>>49680807

What I meant by that is: the rules for objects/beings burning in a dramatic sense work fine, but they break down when you're setting up a long-lasting realistic fire to burn.

The rules as is make campfires and SIGNAL fires (important in certain campaigns...particularly those revolving around the theme of survival) incredibly short lived.
>>
>>49680807
Because GURPS isn't perfect and the same rules that model you getting shot, run over, dipped in a vat of acid or mindblasted won't necessarily produce reliable results when applied to how long wood should burn in a campfire.
>>
So, if I didn't mind not being able to see(or had some way to see despite them) how useful would a pair of solid steel "sunglasses" be as a way to protect my eyes?
>>
>>49682730

Pretty fucking useless honestly.

Well, at least they'll protect your vision from flashbangs.
>>
>>49682730
Pretty good.

Plastic does pretty well against stuff. Not, agaisnt a bullet it wouldn't do any good because the steel would just be pushed into your face, but agaisnt most everything else you'd be okay.
>>
>>49682761
>Pretty fucking useless
>>49682776
>Pretty good

GURPS gen discussions in a nutshell
>>
>>49644389

Thinking of playing a French resistance fighter (or some equivalent thereof) for my next Infinite Worlds game. Ideally, he'd be focused on stealth and sabotage rather than face to face confrontations. Any advice? We're working with a 150-point limit, btw.
>>
>>49682730

You'd get a few points of DR out of them, and they'd certainly help against that one guy who can soak the -9 to hit. Might not be much better than the armoured glasses in High Tech though.

It'd be better to just wear a helmet with no eye slit or heavy goggles, as it'd let you carry a lot more DR.
>>
>>49683002

Get stealth, traps and explosives. Have a normal combat skill on him and give him "ordinary" St and HT instead to represent him being a resistance fighter (so he's basically not in soldier shape).

10 in ST and HT should be enough to make you never want to participate in direct combat anyway.
>>
>>49682730
12mm steel(DR28) is enough to stop most handguns while 60mm(6cm, 140DR) is safeness guaranteed. It would weight a lot though
>>
>>49682730
>get a square sheet of hard steel one inch thick
>this strickly speaking has a DR of 60 - 70
>hang it in front of your face
Genius.

Reminds me of a dumb idea I had once.
>make super strong character
>get a stone wall (10x10 feet, 1 inch thick)
>the wall has DR 156 and HP 94
>carry the wall around as portable cover
>>
File: whipxi.jpg (79KB, 550x1100px) Image search: [Google]
whipxi.jpg
79KB, 550x1100px
>>49675353
>>49679470
>>
File: 1473307657401.png (341KB, 850x832px) Image search: [Google]
1473307657401.png
341KB, 850x832px
>>49680147

That makes me think about Biotech. Yes the whole book.

>and pathfinder fags think they are the most degenerate general on this board
>>
File: No One Can Stop the Wall.jpg (56KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
No One Can Stop the Wall.jpg
56KB, 400x392px
>>49683398
>>
>>49683002
Le bombe
Just....ALLL THE GRENADES
OKAY?!
>>
File: 1473718978248.png (4MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1473718978248.png
4MB, 1920x1280px
>>49680807
It's unnecessary to simulate every interaction in GURPS. How a fire burns is better done with a simple rule then modeling the HP and per-turn damage taken by logs, charcoal, ect.

>>49680826
Often, but not always. IRL wood burns in two distinct stages. It burns relatively cold with visible orange flames, a fair amount of smoke crackling as bits of water and air are found.

This phase cooks out the moisture and reduces the wood to almost pure carbon, charcoal, that is much lighter then the wood was and burns much hotter, with almost invisible flame and little smoke.
>>
>>49684292
Bio-tech at least antropomorphises its animals before violating them.
>>
>>49683002
Stealth, camouflage, hand gestures, some guns, demolition expert, no combat reflexes, overconfidence, sense of duty to your people, your civilian job, driving, a point in tactic, one in strategy, observation, forward observer.
>>
File: GURPS Skullcat Biotech.png (953KB, 514x935px) Image search: [Google]
GURPS Skullcat Biotech.png
953KB, 514x935px
>>49685377
>implying.
There are also such wonderful things as the Fleshbed.
>>
File: 1423811361610.jpg (77KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1423811361610.jpg
77KB, 500x707px
>>49685455

And don't forget the cat girl nanovirus on page 187!
>a meta-morphosis template with DX+2; Acute Hearing, Appearance (Beautiful), Fur, Perfect Balance, a male-to-female full sex change, Sharp Claws, Sharp Teeth, and transgenic cat features. The highest TL trait is DX+2 (requiring TL10) and no modifications are radical, so the process will take 10-8 = two weeks.
>a male-to-female full sex change
>>
>>49685560
that does it my next campaign is going to be cyberpunk catgirls you can't stop me
>>
File: WAKE_ME_UP.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
WAKE_ME_UP.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>49680147
>>49684292
>>49685377
>>49685455
>>49685560
>>49685650
I thought I escaped this when I switched from pathfinder
>>
>>49685560
>a male-to-female full sex change
What kind of gross shit is this. I can't have catboys?
>>
File: 1437909443830.gif (344KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1437909443830.gif
344KB, 256x192px
>>49685679

Pathfinder is for horny boys who erp on the internet

GURPS is mommy and daddy's local S&M club.

Speaking of abuse, have anyone noticed that the Felica bioroids actually go into heat as a feature?
>>
>>49685892
The price they pay for going into overdrive and getting that sweet stat boost.
>>
>>49685892

>he didn't read the vignette about a group of catgirl super soldiers raping a prisoner of war
>>
>>49687775
Where can I find this? For research of course.
>>
>>49687802

Don't get too excited, anon, the rape is implied. Biotech p. 47:

>Well, sir, we’ve been grown with the Gen-Five supergland. Whenever our model goes into overdrive, we get these cravings afterward. No, sir, we didn’t mean to do that to the prisoners, but we just couldn’t help ourselves. Usually the MPs are on hand, but – yes, sir, I’m sorry, sir.
>Corporal NB-SEK-0172, 152nd Paratroop Regiment, Felicia bioroid
>>
Can I use a malediction on something that doesn't have the stat appropriate to resist it? Like, if it's resisted by Will, can I use it on a rock?
>>
File: vanguard-helmet-titan.png (77KB, 612x207px) Image search: [Google]
vanguard-helmet-titan.png
77KB, 612x207px
>>49682730
>Faceless helmet
>DR 38 layered kevlar/ceramic/UHMWP covers face, skull. No gaps or visor.
>9 pounds
>Provides features Hard of Hearing and Blind with Mitigation (Electronic)

Technically buildable at TL 8, but more TL 9-ish.
>>
>>49687985
You can cast it like a spell on an object, but remember that Distance and Size modify your Will roll.
>>
Anyone here ever run a game in the style of Power Rangers/Super Sentai? How did it go?
>>
>>49682730
The main problem is that they wouldn't be attached very firmly to your face and if they were fairly heavy (likely if you want any significant DR) they would be in constant danger of falling off every time you move your head quickly or bend forward. Pretty likely to get knocked off in combat too.
>>
Anyone picked up the new steampunk pdf? How does it compare to the old book? Willing to share with us?
>>
Thinking about trying GURPS for a sword-and-sorcery style fantasy RPG in which all the PCs are going to be non-magical rogue and barbarian-types, since I figured the lack of magic elements and standard fantasy beasts would make the regular D&D style combat kind of bland - different weapon types, and being able to choose to try getting out of the way of an attack or absorbing the blow seems like it would mix things up a bit.

I always find GURPS a bit intimidating whenever I try looking through the books though, can it be used for pulpier games or am I better off using something like Savage Worlds? I've never run either.

Also does anybody have character sheets that are a bit more flavourful? Like some generic fantasy or sci-fi themed ones rather than the standard character sheet that looks like a form I'd fill out at work.
>>
>>49688440
There are plenty of options for less gritty and realistic games, you just need to add the right optional rules. You can also just hand out free stats if you want to encourage a certain form of play, like giving everybody some free HP if you want them to be able to take more hits than normal.
>>
>>49685892

In THS at least, they were custom created for a wealthy sheik as a harem/personal guard. So, yeah, design feature.

Personally, if I were making combat bioroids I'd avoid "post-battle anthrophagy and rape" as a matter of common sense...

And sadly, it seems their features are actually much closer to Khajit than to catgirl - but that's easy to ignore.
>>
Talk about the edged damage stuff has got me thinking.

There are 3 basic types of damage: cutting, crushing and impaling.

One uses armour like chain-mail or plate to reduce or stop entirely cutting damage. Impaling damage can often punch right through that kind of armour or can be aimed at small weak points. Crushing damage just busts through such armour. And it doesn't matter if your helmet is perfectly fine if you've got a concussion.

One uses lots and lots of padding to reduce or stop crushing damage. Certain monsters have bones or exoskeletons that are tougher or more flexible which affects crushing damage differently.

Impaling damage is hard to stop but plate armour helps. A key thing is the angle of impact. If your armour is curved then it becomes difficult to hit straight on and focus all your power at one point. Another strategy is to use lots and lots of padding. Silk is one material good for such padding.

Not sure how to reduce these to a small amount of attributes.
>>
File: cover_lg[1].jpg (503KB, 534x776px) Image search: [Google]
cover_lg[1].jpg
503KB, 534x776px
Anyone have a PDF GURPS Middle Ages? Can't find it in the Mega or from googling around myself, would appreciate any help.
>>
>>49689018
Curved armor CURVED. ARMOR. helps against any attack, not just impaling. But warhammers (hammer side) and flanged maces were specifically designed to reduce sliding. If anything, I'd just let dedicated anti-armor weapons ignore 1 or 2 points of DR. On the other hand such weapons usually already have greater raw damage, so it works just fine without modifications.
>>
>>49684624

I prefer to keep houserules to a minimum, that's all.
>>
>>49673942
Well if you're going to game things become a fat plumber with the jumper advantage and fall on top of people.

>>49674997
>>49675485
You actually have to do a slight bit of mucking about as all Sorcery abilities are Alternative Abilities of Sorcery Talent.

You can't just do Ally because while you have the Ally active you'd lose the ability to use your spells which isn't good if you want a permanent ally.

You maybe could do some kind of Affliction with Alternate Form and Cosmic: Lingering Effect and Costs CP to reduce the cost by 1/5 and put a restraint on it so that it isn't super abusable but this is kind of ugly. Note by RAW you'd have to pickup the Ally advantage as well. The ability would only give you the ability to create golems and not to have them as allies. This runs into the Mutants and Masterminds craziness of how RAW Thanos always has to lose the infinity gauntlet at the end of the session by magic plot device if he doesn't have enough points on his character sheet to buy it. Unfortunately, there's no other really good way to balance it.
>>
>>49689018
Blunt Trauma and Edged Weapons (p. LT102) makes most sword swings act as cr rather than cut. Imp is not covered by BT&EW, and an imp attack that beats DR actually pierces the armor. Crushing weapon almost always have high raw damage compared to cutting weapons; it might only be a relative +1, but in the world of GURPS that's a big difference.

Plate armor's deflecting curves are represented by it having a better DR:Weight ratio than brigandine or segmented plate. If you were to layer armor, a layer of light chain over a layer of cloth or leather armor would be cheap and reasonably effective protection against swords; DR 3 light chain requires 7 points of cutting damage to actually pierce, and the layer underneath can soak up the cr damage.

Also, it's worth noting that GURPS armor already includes a significant amount of padding; wearing chain on your chest doesn't meant you've got a layer of woven steel on your chest and nothing else -- the weight, price, and protective qualities all include reasonable levels of padding.
>>
>>49685560

When I think of the prototypical example, I think of the Puma Sisters from Dominion Tank Police.
>>
How much damage would one need to do to leave a crater that's at least a couple yards wide and several feet deep from an impact or explosive? One that'd be left behind by, say, mecha paratroopers or high explosives.
>>
File: 1362618527004.jpg (302KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1362618527004.jpg
302KB, 1280x1707px
>>49690835
Massively depends on how the charge is encamped. A tube driven into the ground and filled with explosives would make a very large crater with a minimal amount of explosives, while a pile on the ground will make a small crater relative to the explosion.

For a typical impact crater the depth is equal to a quarter of diameter. I remember that a 1500 kilo object hitting soil at 100 meters per second generates a roughly 3 meter crater, so one about .75 meter deep. Enough for a foxhole.
>>
>>49691317
not that anon but where can i find these rules? i want to cannon cover into existence
>>
>>49691345
http://keith.aa.washington.edu/craterdata/scaling/theory.pdf

If you just want foxholes any explosion in dry soil equal to about ten kilograms of TNT will leave a very respectable crater with a surface explosion. A cratering shell that penetrates then explodes under the surface will give you a quite respectable crater almost half a meter deep with five kilos of explosive.
>>
>>49691345
>>49691447

High Tech acutely has rules for this.

Page 182:

To breach a wall with a mine, or blow a crater: The explosive must be tightly packed in a hole in the ground. To breach a wall, this means in a tunnel under the wall (the original meaning of “mine,” although the name was later applied to the explosive charge). Then use: 300 x distance to surface in feet = required weight of black powder (REF 0.5) in lbs. This gives a crater as deep as the distance to the surface and six times that distance in diameter.

So if you want a 1.5' deep crater you need 450 pounds of black powder or half that in TNT.

This works, roughly, in hard stone or masonry. You could divide that by 50 in soil.
>>
File: Teeth.png (526KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Teeth.png
526KB, 1920x1080px
Can you use these rules from Martial Arts in Monster Hunters?
>>
>>49689260
On sendspace: /file/tzrp7a
>>
>>49691649
Thankfully, GURPS is modular, so if it fits your tone of MH, go for it. I use these rules in all my Dungeon Fantasy and low-tech games.
>>
File: 1427568357251.png (94KB, 212x260px) Image search: [Google]
1427568357251.png
94KB, 212x260px
>>49686284
>>49687775
>>49688658

I'm not talking about the after effects of their combat boost though, I'm talking about:
>Features: Estrus; Tail.
>estrus: a recurring period of sexual receptivity and fertility in many female mammals; heat.
>>
>>49685892
>>49686284
>>49685560
I've been GMing classic dungeon murderhobos for 12 years and what is this
>>
File: 1472044333835.png (2MB, 1050x2502px) Image search: [Google]
1472044333835.png
2MB, 1050x2502px
>>49688440

If you want to do Sword&Sorcery with ordinary rogue and barbarian types, GURPS will probably ensure that the combat does not become bland (but rather the opposite).

Basic Set combat is already very interesting if you add hit locations and tactical movement into the mix, but if you want to make it super extra fun and interesting; do this:
>Use Dungeon Fantasy as your base for character building (very helpful templates for beginners).
>GURPS Martial Arts is allowed for character building/tweaking. Allow players to diverge from templates.
>In GURPS Martial Arts, allow Committed and Defensive Attacks (MA99-100).
>Ban ordinary vanilla attacks. Everyone has to perform either Committed or Defensive attacks.
>When deciding the parameters for when a true back attack is allowed, be very stern. If an opponent starts out at your player's "flank" hex, he should be able to step into a "back" hex and score a true back attack (meaning no defense rolls allowed).
>Use http://noschoolgrognard.blogspot.fi/2016/04/easier-armor-design.html for armor design
>Drill your players into using feints and grapples as solutions to foes that are giving them trouble
>Allow "disarming" armor by grappling pieces of armor and then performing a disarm (removing helmets, lifting mail shirts, etc).
>>
>>49688440

Sounds like you want the GURPS dungeon fantasy line of books. They are designed for pulpy fantasy adventures and work fine without magic.

>>49692259

Don't forget about darkness penalties. Lots of newbies forget about darkness penalties, but they are actually a huge part of how combat scenarios might play out.

Goblins in the day and goblins in the night are very different opponents.
>>
>>49692259
Why would you ban regular attacks?
>>
File: 1472046885638.png (290KB, 641x566px) Image search: [Google]
1472046885638.png
290KB, 641x566px
>>49692288

To mix things up mostly. Ordinary attacks are usually a bit too safe since you get to keep your retreat. If you have to pick between Defensive and Committed attacks, the flow of combat actually mixes up quite a bit, because you'll have to start picking between the two attacks.

Defensive attacks retain retreat as an option, but is -2 or -1 per die, which actually makes a big difference in practice (I had a campaign with a DF Barbarian who kept using defensive attack to keep his parry on his axe, and the penalty to damage constantly fucked him over when fighting armored opponents, putting his damage beneath major wound thresholds).

Meanwhile committed attack is great for offense since you are mobile/accurate/hit hard, but you have to sacrifice your retreat, which is really scary. That +2 to his starts looking really enticing when darkness penalties starts adding up though.
>>
>>49692344

Of course, to get the most out of this you have to be a bit smart about it.

For instance, let's assume your player deals 2d+1 cutting damage, so he got an average of 8*1,5=12 dmg on an unarmored foe.

If he does an defensive attack he'll deal 2d-1, or an average of 6*1,5=9 dmg.

So, let's assume he needs to deal 6 damage to do a major wound to an opponent. If you give the opponent he is fighting 3 DR, his average damage with a defensive attack will be (6-3)*1,5=4,5 dmg, way too little to deal a major wound and quickly finishing off the foe, even if the foe's attributes are fairly low (10 ST and 3 DR. Basically just a peasant in chainmail).
>>
>>49689018
>One uses armour like chain-mail or plate to reduce or stop entirely cutting damage. Impaling damage can often punch right through that kind of armour...

Not really, at least not with normal human muscle-power behind it. Metal armour is difficult to penetrate.

>Crushing damage just busts through such armour. And it doesn't matter if your helmet is perfectly fine if you've got a concussion.

Crushing is several effects. There's local damage, like broken bones and bruising which rigid armour helps against a lot and there's throwing you around, shaking your insides and pulling your joints out of place which is only stopped by mass and padding. Most 'crushing' damage from weapons is the first kind and plate armour works well against it (although it does flex and transfer some force to the target unless it is pretty thick). Only blows to the head really care about sheer momentum.

Note also that every impact has those effects, no matter if the weapon is sharp or blunt.
>>
>>49692193

The entire thing is textbook magical realm.

>"They go into heat because menstruating in combat would disrupt their efficiency!"
>genetic engineering can stop periods entirely
>literally no reason for them to be cat-themed
>David Pulver probably masturbated furiously while imagining muscly catgirls gangrape a tied-up Arab prisoner
>>
>>49693040
Is this a reason why they won't allow him to write GURPS Furries?
>>
>>49693081
He already wrote GURPS Furries, but the manuscript was printed, then burned, and the computer it was written on dumped into lava.
>>
>>49693089
>>49693081
kickstarter when
>>
>>49693168
I doubt it's about money, they just want furry book being written by non-furry who is very well versed in anthro animals.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.359911399_cf58.jpg (197KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.359911399_cf58.jpg
197KB, 1500x1000px
>>49692512
With any weapon the name of the game is concentrating force in time and area.

450 joules of energy is a pretty typical attack. It's a solid punch with follow though, a 9mm pistol or a slash from a baton, padded club or sword.

The punch, delivered to the arm of a target, will spread the energy across a contact area of about 30 square centimeters of flexible, moderately yielding flesh and bone across a period of about half a second.

The result will be at worst minor bruising, temporary pain and numbness and a small outside chance of a broken bone.

The pistol delivers the energy across a microsecond to an area less then a 10th that of the punch. In this case the result is likely overpenitration, with more then half of the energy of the round not transferred at all, leaving a narrow wound channel though soft tissue or potentially breaking bone, severing nerves and veins and damaging muscle and connective tissue.

Even blunt weapons were made to focus the energy transfer. That's what the flanges on a mace are for, and why it's made of hard, unyielding material rather then something soft.

Armor, for the most part, works to make the impact of an attack spread across a larger area and time. Hitting chain armor with a sword means the impact is spread across the surface of the mail and slowed, delayed though time, by the momentum of the rings and the underlying padding.

The goal of armor is basically to turn everything into a punch or hit with a thrown dodge ball: Far less likely to kill, even with a lot of energy behind it.
>>
File: 1474635730199.jpg (137KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474635730199.jpg
137KB, 700x1000px
>>49692259
>>49692344
>>49692404

One final thing I'll recommend is using the alternate rule in Basic Set 269 for modifying dice. It makes damage less swingy, which results in the game playing better in my opinion.
>>
File: 1432664087950.jpg (255KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1432664087950.jpg
255KB, 560x560px
>>49691656
Thanks, pal
>>
My biggest problem with Blunt Trauma and Edged Weapons is that it makes Rapiers more effective against plate armor than hatchets are. A hatchet swung by someone ST 10 never gets the wounding modifier. The same guy with a rapier against DR 3 gets his wounding modifier 1/3 of the time.

In this case the rapier only does any damage 1/3 of the time so it turns into about 1 (bleeding) injury per turn. The hatchet averages about 0.5 (non-bleeding) injury per turn.

A simple fix is to make BT&EW apply to all piercing, impaling, or cutting types instead of just cutting.
>>
>>49694076

Should the hatchet actually be better than the rapier though? The hatchet is a pretty shitty weapon while the rapier is basically tl4 tech.
>>
>>49694076
Firstly, DR 3 is light plate, but I guess you already know that.

Secondly, here are some quotes from Douglas Cole:

>1. Can the rapier physically stand up to the force of pushing through armor. When done properly, I suspect the answer is yes, although the consequences of a misaligned cut with a blade of up to 40" long could be some pretty ferocious bending stresses.

>2. Can a human, pushing with one hand, develop enough power to enable a proper tool to punch through mail or plate? Now, given that the tool of choice for this was probably a swung warhammer or pick, I find that the answer HERE could more easily be "no" than "yes."

>I'll let the hoplogists who have studied the historical records chime in here. From a rules point of view, the rapier is plenty useful. But we either have an issue with the ST useable with a one-handed thrust or the DR afforded by common GURPS armor types. Or both, I guess.
>>
I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>49696509
Thanks friend
>>
Can someone help me out? I'm new to GURPS and I'm trying to represent a superpower from another game, a hero who constantly regenerates from injuries and automatically shares this power with anyone he's currently touching. Seems kind of straightforward, except the game explicitly forbids sharing regeneration and tells you to buy healing instead. How do I modify healing to act like I want it to?
>>
>>49696509
Aren't you the most glorious person!
>>
>>49697021

Well, if you don't mind doing something the game tells you not to do, you can with regeneration create an beneficial affliction:
>a beneficial Affliction without Cosmic (Irresistible attack), Cumulative, or Malediction. Buffs always have Increased 1/2D, 10¥, to keep things simple and No Signature to avoid being obvious. In effect, the spell is an invisible “beam attack” which must strike the subject. A willing subject can waive his HT roll

Alternatively you simply make a healing advantage with no fp cost and which you can't control (it's simply always on and will heal anyone you touch).

The latter is probably what you want. Buy regeneration and healing for your character. Modify the healing advantage so it takes little or no fp to use when you touch someone. Make it "always on" so you can't turn it off and it heals anyone you touch (if you want to or not).
>>
>>49696982
>>49697075
Glad I could contribute. GURPS General threads have some of the most helpful people.
>>
>>49697233
You can't take reduced cost on healing, though.
>>
>>49697424
Sorcery literally does just that.
>>
>>49697558
Sorcery is devil worshipping.
>>
>>49697672

Ehh, pact is just a -5% modifier. How bad can it be?
>>
Could someone walk me though making a spell in RPM to remove Infectious Attack [-5] for 24 hours?
>>
>>49698044
Path of Body, minor effect (x1) with Restore +4 and +5 energy points for removing a 5 point disadvantage. +7 for 24 hours, +3 for 300 pounds.

19 total energy.
>>
>>49698044

We need more detail than that

Who has an infectious attack? have someone been hit by an infectious attack? Which paths are available?

You can't ask a lazy question like that an expect an answer.
>>
>>49698181
Sorry. It's a Werewolf (Monster Hunter) with Infectious Attack as a disadvantage. Looking for something to allow attacking without infecting anyone.
>>
>>49698173
Is that right?
>>
>>49689018
anon historical plate starts around DR5 and light mail would only be used for the hands, if it helps.

Also maybe you want 3ed, on GURPS 3ed there is a thing called "passive defence" which represents the passive deflection of armor while on 4ed everything is just taken into account on the basic rd/damage formula which removes A LOT of crunch but makes things a little more gamey
>>
>>49698304
More or less.

>>49698223
Drop this into charms and snap it before you get your hands or fangs dirty.
>>
>>49696509

Thanks!
>>
>>49698586
>plate starts around DR5
There are plenty of torso pieces that are around 1mm average thickness. That's not DR 5.
>>
>>49701181
That's about DR2, but can you show me a historic breastplate of 1mm? it doesn't even need to be a surviving one, just some form of register or report.
i know we had some layered coats but those used 3-4 layers.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.