[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have any sad stories? Once there was some guy that came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 50

File: 20140208_sobota_17.jpg (452KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
20140208_sobota_17.jpg
452KB, 1400x933px
Do you have any sad stories?

Once there was some guy that came to our gaming club for Warhammer FB day who had just a bunch of paper scraps with written names of units on them and nobody wanted to play with him. I was the only guy who played with him and I lost.
>>
>>49641944
Fuck man. You are a true bro.
>>
>>49641944
>polish_meta.png
>>
>>49642209
>white power
oh, the irony
>>
>>49641944
Damn, you were a true gentleman that day. I bet he felt pretty good after the match as well.
>>
File: 1408673879090.png (402KB, 410x552px) Image search: [Google]
1408673879090.png
402KB, 410x552px
>>49641944
>I was the only guy who played with him and I lost.
How and why?
>>
>>49641944
>poland
>white

top jej
>>
>>49641944
Running a games day in the city, had a dozen or so people rock up for board games. One guy was at the venue all day, just sitting in the corner and waiting.

When I asked what he was doing, he said he'd invited some friends out to play games and was just waiting for them to rock up. I invited him to join our group, but he said his friends would be there soon.

That day went from 11am to 8pm, and this guy was alone and waiting in the corner for the whole duration of it.
>>
>>49644088
Damn dude...
>>
>>49641944
That's awesome of you

On another note think about it; just because he can't afford the kits and shit, dude has to work seven times harder to actually prove himself when someone (like you) actually goes against him
>>
>>49644088
I hope he finds better friends. Find him online if you can, and if there's another one of those days, invite the guy and be better than those assholes
>>
>>49641944
> play 40k at local gamestore pretty regularly
> Kid comes in and sort of just watches everyone play
> Notice one day he has been carrying around a tacklebox with him
> day in and day out he brings this tacklebox with him and just watches us
> finally ask "what you got kiddo?"
> inside the tacklebox A few poorly painted Tau
> No one wants to play with him or hes a little shy to ask
> Reminds me a lot of myself and decide to play a few games with him
> Kid really enjoys himself
> Multiple times im there kids parents drop him off, always excited to see me
> few weeks later im at my job
> kids parents walk in
> Im a funeral director

I cried for so damn long man
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
124KB, 223x311px
>>49641944
>return to zendikar prerelease
>lose first match, whatever
>get paired against little kid
>he makes some mistakes and he's not the best
>still pretty good for his age
>kid's dad finishes his game and comes over to watch
>"pay attention to what you're doing"
>"come on [kid], you know you're not supposed to do that"
>gives him shit for the remainder of the game
>and this was a little kid, in the 6-8 range
>i win
>dad gets up to watch other games or some shit
>make small talk with the kid because i feel bad
>tells me about how he's working on a new deck with all the dragonlords
>he just needs 2 more to finish it
>give him a dragonlord dromoka i had in my binder
>it was worth like $5 at the time, but w/e this kid deserves it with such a shit dad
>he's ecstatic

Jesus Christ, I get that you're upset you paid $25 for your kid and he's not gonna win anything, but what did you expect? At least he was having fun. It's not like Magic is some sport that you can expect to get big in and make a lot of money, it's just for fun.
>>
File: 1454456915049.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454456915049.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
>>49644360
I'l take things I hope yuu made up for 500, Alex.
>>
>>49644483

This story is fake. I can tell because it implies an MTG player managed to copulate with a woman at some point.
>>
>>49644529
Zach Jesse is living proof you're full of shit
>>
>>49641944
>Big guy (500+lbs, 6ft+ tall) plays FNM every week for years since he was a freshman in highschool.
>Was a nice guy, tried to be friendly with everyone, never lost his temper.
>Was the butt of every joke to nearly everyone who went to the shop.
>He shrugged it off, continued being nice to everyone.
>After five years, get his story.
>Parents kicked him out of their house when he was in middle school. He hitch hiked down to his grandmother's place, states away. Didn't even want to know any details.
>His grandmother had just kicked him out of the house.
>He'd been sleeping on the street or crashing on the couch of people who went to the FLGS to play FNM for the past year.
>Repeatedly got robbed on the street. Occasionally his cards would get stolen and the thieves would try and sell them at the FLGS. Owner would keep them there until the cops came and give the dude his cards back.
>He finally gets a steady job and a stable place to live with a room mate.
>Room mate goes out of town for a week. No one hears from or sees big guy for a week.
>Room mate comes home, smells the stench of death. Immediately calls cops.
>Police find big guy dead on the toilet from a brain hemorrhage.
>Police and FLGS owner attempts to contact Big Guy's parents and grand mother. Parents never respond, grandmother hangs up repeatedly.
>FLGS owner sets up a quick donation fund to put together a funeral for big guy.
>Everyone who had ever visited the shop and interacted with him donated to and attended the funeral.

There were well over 100 people at that funeral. People I'd not seen in years who'd moved on and away from both gaming and out of state.
>>
>>49644529
Maybe it was his wife's kid.
He was probably all pissy becasue he had to take the kid with him while she was out partying .
>>
>>49644596
>le cucketeer maymay
Cmon now reddit...
>>
File: 1457508002064.jpg (119KB, 695x642px) Image search: [Google]
1457508002064.jpg
119KB, 695x642px
>>49644627
>reddit
Don't you dare talk shit about me or my memes ever again.
I have over 200 confirmed autism meltdown.
I bitch and moan your life into pieces, glue the pieces together with turbo autism just so I can throw another fit.
>>
>>49641944
I feel you. I also find it sad when people play Warhammer.
>>
>>49641944

>Middle aged man hanging out in game store at the very least every single time I come to visit.
>Doesn't talk much, doesn't play the usual games. The one time I asked him what he likes to play, he pulled out a deck of playing cards, and asked in very broken English if I liked to play Gin or Cassino.
>Still, the owner never had a problem with him, and he kept to himself. He did spend a little money, not on games though, he would solely buy those terrain/building parts for miniature games (I don't play them myself, I'm a hex and chit and RPG guy, not sure what the proper term is)
>Is there for literally years, sitting at this one table, building away.
>One day announces to everyone in the shop that he's finished, wants everyone to come over and see, more animated than anyone's ever seen him.
>Well, it turns out he's from Iraq, and he'd gotten a visa after the invasion, and he'd been spending a lot of his free time and money making a model of his home town/village that got destroyed in the sectarian fighting. He had finally made and painted all the buildings the right places and colors.
>There's some applause,but it's mostly polite interest.
>One day, weeks later, there's a fire at the GS. Off hours, nobody was hurt, but this guy's village model went up in flames.

I saw him once since, tried talking to him, say at least something to cheer him up, but it's like he didn't hear me. No idea what happened to him either.
>>
>>49644529
It also implies that MTG players have human emotions and would just shit on the kid further.
>>
>>49641944
>Playing Mordheim at FLGS
>Group has been going for about four years at this point
>Continuous campaign, people jumping in and out, special events and plot-hooks occasionally, dynamic growth as the campaign GM advances the story based on game results
>Been a great time
>All run by our GM James
>To my knowledge, this guy has never missed a session, has always been there for questions and even helps new players put together starter warbands and offers modelling and terrain making advice
>All around good guy
>One day mid-session woman storms into the store
>Never seen her before
>Storms up to James, has a screaming fit , takes ring off finger, throws it at him and storms out
>James breaks down in tears and leaves
>No-one at the store has seen him since.

That was about two years ago now, I think. The worst part was I didn't even realise how little I knew about him outside of the game. He was a great guy and fun to chat too, but I never even got his full name, never linked on facebook. He was just the guy who ran the games.

I asked around and no-one else who was in the campaign actually knew much, or anything, about the guy.

If you're on here James, sorry about what happened. Scott and the guys would love to catch up.
>>
BUmp for more sads.
>>
I'm noy much into board games but I wanted to try some, so one day I went to a board game night at a local FLGS. Place was packed and people were talking to each at tje start to see what games were being run. I saw some nice ones and played a fantasy land conquest something or other that was pretty generic.

During the game I saw this scruffy, fat teenager shuffling from table to table, talking to everyone, moving on. He never played for 2 hours, just kept talking to people.

Finally he gets to me. Apparently he had designed a superhero gamr that he wanted to playtest.

Nobody was willing to play... for some reason.

Okay, so I bite. He takes a lunchbox or something out and enthusiastically starts explaining the game in a confusing, excruciatingly detailed way.

The "cards" are scraps of foolscap with terribly drawn and written original but generic superheroes. Drawn with felt tip markers like something out of middle school.

The game played terribly. I barely understood 20% of what he said. He picked the best characters for himself and was triumphant when he won. I told him the game needs more work. He pressed me for details but I fled to another game.

Nobody else played with him that whole night.
>>
Back almost 20 years ago there was this FLGS in my town. These older guys would always show up every weekend without fail and play some giant tabletop wargame. I have no idea what it was and I never asked but it took up an entire massive table. In all the years I frequented that place, that table was wholly reserved for those old guys and the giant terrain they assembled. Decades pass and the store finally changes hands. The owner was a friend of these guys so he stays open 2 hours past what would have been his final closing time just to watch these guys finish their game. Game ends, old guys shake hands with the owner, some brohug him and he closes the store. It remains closed for another month for renovation by the new owner. When I show up for the first FNM after its reopening I see the old guy's table cleared off. When I asked the new owner where all the terrain went he told me that anything that the previous owner had left in the shop was stored in the back room until someone decided to claim it. Time passed and I found out from a few of the other regulars that the old guys abandoned the pace when the old owner left and wouldn't be coming back for their board. The new owner eventually threw it out after a few months to make storage room. I know it wasn't mine but I felt guilty as fuck just letting decades of memories just be broken up and discarded like that. I never did see those old guys again, either. I hope they continued the game in someone's basement somewhere.
>>
bump 4 more
>>
>>49646616
They probably kept playing somewhere else. That's weird they didn't pick up their stuff.
>>
File: 1303445355413.jpg (98KB, 460x533px) Image search: [Google]
1303445355413.jpg
98KB, 460x533px
>>49644888
fuck man
>>
>>49644325
If he waited for 9 hours, without even trying to catch them on the phone, he is obviously antisocial, maybe legit autistic. Would you really want to play with somebody like him?
>>
>>49641944
>LFG moves to a new location to get more exposure
>Gaming area half the size it used to be in a stuffy basement
>Stop going there after a while
>Looked around down there a few months ago, there is no gaming tables there anymore
>Now there's only puzzles down there
>>
>>49644088

>they all died in a car crash
>he's still waiting
>>
File: tumblr_n161ar3yWj1toj2nao1_1280.png (299KB, 720x275px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n161ar3yWj1toj2nao1_1280.png
299KB, 720x275px
>be me, start role playing again after being injured and having to leave the military.
>meet a new group by accident only know one person but be really excited about the first run.
>its going to be D'nD anon you cool with that
>you fucking betcha!
>rock up to my mates early with beers and Crisps.
>rest of the group turn up over the hour
>getting to know each other and its going well
>gm turns up 90 minutes later and we get started
>gm makes constant jokes about cripples and baby killers (i needed a stick to walk back then)
>trying to have fun here, rest of the group seems ok
>trying to be cool
>going outside for smoke during a break
>dickhead follows me out
>hey anon you ever kill anyone
>anon is it true all army gf cheat while you are away
>im going back in
>fucker ties to kick my stick out from under me
>headbutt the cunt.
>leave
>two days later group bro gives me a call
>dick head wont be gming anymore will you come back?

that was 8 years ago not played since
>>
>>49641944
>and I lost.
of course you did, he's clearly in it for the game and not the autismal lore
>>
>>49644627
I thought calling someone a cuck was a /pol/ thing originally?
>>
>>49651940

You're forgetting the golden rule that everything you don't like is reddit.
>>
>>49651913
Fuck man, that's horrible. Glad the dude got some comeuppance, if only a little.
>>
>>49644595
I never knew boogie had it that bad.
>>
>>49651969
drawn up a dozen campaigns, dozens of characters. even started a splat book for only war. guy in work has been trying to get a d20 game going but i cant bring myself to
>>
>>49651940
it's actually a somethingawful thing from like 2002

"cuck" is just a very fun word to use as a swear since theres a lot of hard consonant sounds in it. kinda like "cunt"
>>
>>49652052
no its a faggot thing and you should stop.
>>
>>49652049
don't give up on roleplaying... there's cunts everywhere, "even" in our niche hobby, but most people are prette decent, at the least! even though a bit quirky
>>
File: 1473819017168.jpg (43KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1473819017168.jpg
43KB, 396x385px
>>49644529
Radical Meme my friend :^}
>>
>>49652235
thanks man
maybe i'll give it a go again. i know most of the players this time around
>>
>>49652082
Shut the fuck up, cunt
>>
File: 1459140758290.jpg (521KB, 900x699px) Image search: [Google]
1459140758290.jpg
521KB, 900x699px
>>49651913
>>49644088
>People keep saying "rock up" unironically.

What is happening.
>>
>>49652335
im old if that any excuse
>>
>>49644360
Welp, I just feeled enough for one day.
>>
>>49644888
Sometimes the cosmos just hates your village.
>>
>>49643589

You can;t get line of sight of paper models unless you look at them directly from the front.
>>
>>49645035

>tfw I went to become belobed in the local gaming group

>want to become the guy who everyone can trust to set up a good time

>want to kill myself so everyone will wonder where I went and will miss me forever.
>>
>>49644483
Reminds me of this spring. I got roped into some shadows drafts. Good way to interact with a couple friends and it is only like 15$. One of the guys kids and another random kid start playing. They are fine for ten year olds, but... prizes say I must crush them.

Still glad they usually lost their first match and got to play each other.
>>
>>49652275
man, just do it! good luck and have fun!
>>
>>49644595
He was a big guy.
>>
File: 1460364648607.png (500KB, 751x458px) Image search: [Google]
1460364648607.png
500KB, 751x458px
>>49644360
You better be fucking lying anon
>>
File: 1475307072309.jpg (630KB, 888x693px) Image search: [Google]
1475307072309.jpg
630KB, 888x693px
>some guy walks into an LGS
>boasts about how he can roast anyone there with his "IG"
>his army is actually round paper scraps
>everyone just ignores him
>he walks away

This is now a good stories thread. Also a reminder that 95% of bottlecap players don't care about the lore/miniatures/painting/collecting at all and are worst examples of powerplayers. Congratulations with falling for the bait, OP.
>>
File: doggy.jpg (90KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
doggy.jpg
90KB, 717x960px
>>49652049

Don't give up, buddy! If they invited you back, people want to spend time with you, and that's pretty cool. I think you will have a great time, especially since you know the guys this time around.
>>
>>49644088
:..(

>>49644360
tell me you are lying

>>49644888
:.(

>>49645035
>The worst part was I didn't even realise how little I knew about him outside of the game.
oy i know how that can be. i used to play video games competitively and i would go on road trips with a group of guys i knew who were also competitive. after years of hanging out with these guys and becoming close friends i realized i didn't even know some of their real names. i have literally spent thousands of hours with these people, travelled between multiple states, and slept in the same room with them and i don't know their real names.

>>49651708
lowkey very sad

>>49652335
yeah what is this
>>
>LGS
>Go once every few months cause of job
>Go to paint, read comics and play any decent competition at the tables
>Some kid with a Farsight figure, a few pathfinders, drones and firewarriors getting steamrolled constantly by all the other players
>Feel sorry for him cause it's all he can probably afford with GW's shitty prices
>Go out of the shop to my car
>Open the boot, bring back my model box
>Stand behind him as he gets steamrolled again
>Takes it as a champ
>Tell him to use this in his next game
>Pull out my supremacy armor
>Kid looks like he is going to cry
>Finally wins a game
>Always high fived me if he saw me again and talked about Tau suits
>Got a decent sized army over time and became better, I still stomped him with no mercy when I fought his army later on
>>
File: 1439684365729.jpg (410KB, 3000x1832px) Image search: [Google]
1439684365729.jpg
410KB, 3000x1832px
On /tg/, it must be years and years ago now (2009? 2010?), we were having a thread about different Warhammer groups in different countries. I think it was initially about 40k in Japan.

But it turned into a lot of Middle Eastern Anons talking about their local Warhammer hobby and espiecally a Warhammer tourney held in Cairo. There was a lot of interest about whether clerics over there opposed 40k like American fundies, but it seemed that none of them did (probably because they'd never heard of it).

But what I really remember is the one Anon from Syria who was talking about the small but growing Warhammer hobby in his country.He seemed relaxed about his country as it was prosperous and safe (especially the area he lived in, as his parents were middle class bureaucrats for the government). If the Arab Spring was happening, he didn't seem to think it would effect his life at all.

I still wonder what happened to Syria Anon. It also makes me sad to see /pol/ shitposting about rapefugees when I think of Syria Anon, whose standard of English was better than most of theirs.
>>
>>49644360
>go into a sad thread
>get sad
I-I did not ask for this
>>
>>49651913
I've heard this story on /tg/ before.
>>
>>49654944
>It also makes me sad to see /pol/ shitposting about rapefugees when I think of Syria Anon, whose standard of English was better than most of theirs.
Why?
>>
>>49655012
He's probably from Sweden.
>>
>>49655053
No that's not the reason
>>
The answer is, don't go to /pol/
>>
>>49655080
Then which is it bucko?
>>
>>49655080
Hear hear
>>
>>49655012
Because Syria Anon made an interesting thread and now years later we've got newfags from Stormfront unironically posting Resistance comic pics and kekking about Swedish cucks and "le sinister refugee". When really, at the end of the day, at least one of those people used to post OC on /tg/ and gave better content then they ever have.

But now Syria Anon is probably dead, and maybe some of the Cairo Anons were killed in the unrest in Egypt.
>>
>>49655173
So you'd be happier if people just ignored rapes from syrian refugees because you once had a connection with a guy from syria?
>>
>>49641944
Once played a game of Necromunda (Using famey-Zealot-dudes)in a GW store. The guy pulled out a squad of armless Space-Crusade Chaos Marines and told me they were an Arbites gang.

We rolled for under-hive environmentals and got.... Pitch black. Max shooting range is 6". Tabled him on turn 1 thanks to Vents and 2 handed weapons.

He stormed off and I never saw him again.
>>
>>49655223
No, but I'd rather they didn't post about them on the tabletop part of a Taiwanese basket weaving site about them.
>>
>>49655223
Not him but I would be happier if people stopped propagating rumors and legends they saw on internet as complete truth
>>
>>49651913
>two days later group bro gives me a call
>dick head wont be gming anymore will you come back?
>that was 8 years ago not played since

Why?
>>
>>49655293
post traumatic dnd disorder
>>
>>49653498
For everyone
>>
>>49654944
Shit man, I remember that thread.
>>
>>49654944
I bet he serves Emperor Assad well
>>
>>49644529

I am kekking my ass off, 10/10
>>
>finally get my hands on a full copy of Heroquest after slowly collecting all the miniatures separately
>all my 5 close friends are now 100s of miles apart, they're not /tg/ types but enjoy boardgames and would probably love it

Fuck.
>>
>started with warhams 40k
>my little sister loved to hang out and watch me paint my tyranids
>no idea why, she just would sit there and talk with me, sometimes about my nids, sometimes about other things
>whenever I was finished with a model she'd take a close look at it, praise me for being the best painter in the world and name the bug
>I must have more than 15 hormagaunts called Charlie
>sister gets sick
>she always had a weak immune system
>it is terminal
>to cheer her up I bring my painting shit with me and show her my newest big guy, the swarmlord
>because he is so special she gets to choose the colours for him and tell me all about the guy like she likes to do
>since he uses 4 swords his name is Zoro and he is all green!
>he is the strongest and protects all his little buddies!
>they are travelling through the universe because they are looking for treasures
>my best pal's Dark Angels who I was playing regularly in those days are apperantly bug catchers who don't want to share any treasure
>she hoped that in the end they could be friends though

I still have this Swarmlord that looks completely out of place in my army and I am taking him in every game when I am playing my nids.
>>
>>49655801

> heroquest

Maybe you can bring it to your FLGS and signal to other gay men there that you're willing to take it up the ass.

Just kidding, hope you find players for it soon.
>>
>>49655053
fuck you, we're not all cucks.

Just the majority.
And even they are kind of turning back.
>>
>>49655829

Is your sister dead yet? Just curious.
>>
>>49641944

Had a guy down at our local with his kid. All of a sudden, in the middle of all the chit chat thats going on when your running a full 40k tournament, the guys phone rings.
One look and a "Its my woman, don't let her know I'm down here!!!", and the shop turns as quiet as the grave! 3 minutes passes as he reassures her he is indeed at the grocery store getting the "must haves", he hangs up, and the room returns to status quo.
The guy had a dream of having both a family and a hobby, who are we to rob him from this?
>>
>>49655978

Shit like this is why I am 27 and never had a relationship. That's how it fucking starts, "oh ok it's fine to date this grill, surely nothing will happen so long as I wrap it up"

Then it's "oh its ok to have an LTR with this grill. we do love each other after all", then "oh its ok if she moves in" then she wants to get married and you are basically forced to propose cause youve spent too long with her and it will hurt too much to lose her.

Saw it happen to each of my friends and each of them left the hobby. Fucking pathetic niggers. I defriended all of them and avoided all the baby showers. The women they married are fat cows now, too. I just don't understand.
>>
>>49655920
what part of terminal don't you get?
>>
>>49655829
Damn anon.
I've always wanted a little sibling, I couldn't imagine losing someone like that.
>>
>>49656062
What station i'm supposed to get off.
>>
>>49656062

I know that means she's dying but like is she still alive or still dying somewhere? Cause if she's dead I have a request for you.
>>
>>49655829
Was expecting this to end with her dying from inhaling paint fumes
>>
File: Can'tTakeIt.jpg (59KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
Can'tTakeIt.jpg
59KB, 461x523px
>>49655829
Fuck
She got to see you finish him, right anon?
>>
>>49655053
>Le sweden maymay
That really only applies to stokkholm and malmo
>>
>>49648828
Yes.
>>
>>49642224
It always struck me as odd. If you have to go around telling people that you're powerful, you probably aren't.
>>
>>49656035

I got a family, and a full time job. And I can honestly say, while I don't have as much time as I use to have, I still have my hobby. Its all a matter of willpower, this is the one thing I refuse to give in on. Games is what made me the man I am today, and Id be damned if Id let someone take that away from me!

Now I'm basically just waiting until my kid is old enough to understand the basics of gaming. I already introduced memory, and its going along just fine. Before anyone knows it, he will be throwing dice and painting miniatures with his old man!
>>
>>49655260
Yes, yes, nothing bad is happening... Shh, don't worry, everything is peachy keen. Don't worry, Anonymous. Your belief is correct, good g-.. I mean, good fella.
>>
>>49656035
>forever alone: the post
>>
If I ever get to go back to Cairo or Aleppo I'm going to make it a point to see if there is Magic or Warhammer going on in those cities. I didn't see video games when I was there.
>>
>>49651940
lolcats were a /b/ thing originally.

The number of Redditors who use cuck now vastly outnumber the number of /pol/acks who use cuck.
>>49651956
This is legitimately Reddit.
>>
>>49656035
The trick is marrying the fat cow straight up. She will be too selfconcious to ever object about your hobbies and if you get her interested in sporting with you you can get her to look decent
>>
>>49656278
you didn't need to try that hard
try /b/
>>
>>49656305

Yeah but anon isn't there.

>>49656288

> I didn't see video games when I was there

That's cause living there is enough blood and gore, anon.
>>
>>49655829
Do you have pics of the model?
>>
>>49656035
>be me (naturally)
>meet qt in high school
>she doesn't /tg/ but that's ok
>she doesn't want kids
>I doesn't want kids
>get married
>around the time our friends start shitting out babies, she decides to take up marathon running
>mfw all my friends are jealous because they're fat, their wives are fat, and they have no free time or energy
>don't have a face because I'm too busy having mind-blowing sex with a girl whose biological clock is craving dick all day every day

The only real downside is that I can't play in groups with girls because once they meet my wife they realize they can't compete and start resenting me in this fucked-up reverse body shaming situation.
>>
>>49656406

Yeah well good for you but I have zero chance of accomplishing that.
>>
I played a saga edition roleplaying game with my group of (former) regulars. We were playing out at the local flgs, when two homeless guys that are somewhat regulars at the store start watching us play. We were doing an old republic/mandalorian wars game and one of the homeless guys asks my freind when in the war our story took place, and what is going on with regards to things like jedi intervention and the bombing of serracco, and really cannon heavy questions. They sat down and it turns out that they spend all of their time wandering around my town between the foodbank/homeless shelter/library/flgs because when he isnt trying to survive, he likes to read. He reads scifi, and likes starwars a lot. He read the entire old republic comic series at the flgs which is also a comic shop, and at the library. We invited him to play with us, and he and his buddy made great characters and picked up the mechanics really easily. They stayed with the game for a while, and were never late to a session. They were super broski, but one day near the end of the story-arc they stopped coming. They missed the next session and we never really saw them again. I still havent seen either of them, even when i vollenteer at the food pantry... We kept their characters in the game but they became npcs. I still hope that nothing bad happened to those guys, they were real han/chewie duo.
They even looked like it. The one who read and liked starwars so much was kinda small and super thin, the other was tall and heavier set, also really shaggy looking.
>>
>>49656406
>I might be growing old, and I might not have kids, and I might have married my high-school gf, and I might not be close to her, and we might be having midlife crises, but at least I get to have MIND-BLOWING sex!
Your post is not convincing, anon.
>>
>>49656582
>stranger on the internet extrapolates complete psych profile based on a few lines of greentext
>>
>>49655260
Not sure you understand what rumors and legends are.
>>
>>49656582
That's a quality projector, friend.

Unfortunately we're closer now than ever before. She's pretty amazing. Did I mention she loves to cook and is better at cooking than my mom?

Point is, writing off all possible relationships because of "muh hypothetical bad end" isn't very productive.
>>
File: 1452785718973.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452785718973.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>>49644360
This thread looked like a good idea...
>>
>>49656645
>she's definitely amazing
>yup
I believe you, anon.
>literally comparing your wife to your mom
This is too easy.
>>
>>49644595
rest in peace

there are no streets in nerd heaven, only tables.
>>
>>49656693
>typing greentext instead of just copypasting it
>doesn't understand the ancient joke about your wife's cooking never being as good as your mother's

I get what you're saying, though. If I wasn't me, I would think I was lying. I haven't even gotten to the part about how she earns about 50% more than me, so between that and the lack of kids we're gaming the system hard and increasing our savings while all our friends are struggling just to stay in the level of debt they're at.
>>
>>49656693
boy will you be alone forever
>>
>>49656035
Fun fact.

If you get into a long term relationship with someone, you will either break up or one of you will die.

This is every relationship, ever.
>>
>>49656788
>typing greentext instead of just copypasting it
>he says, while typing greentext instead of just copypasting it
It's not that you seem to lie, it's that you seem absurd. There isn't a lot in it to be glad of, and there's a lot to hate—but there's sex!
>>49656808
We're all alone, but thankfully not forever.
>>
>>49656035
huh

I'm 27 and a good deal of my friends are in relationships and shit, myself included, but no one's close to baby showers and shit. We're barely out of college.
>>
>>49656788
Different anon here. Not saying you're lying, but you read like you're purposefully being the literal opposite of the "women are evil and useless marrying them is a waste they just become fat money sucking cows" persona for the sake of being contrarian.

Thread done been hijacked by muh relationship politics.
>>
>>49644360
>funeral director
Do you play Necrons?
>>
>>49656278
What the actual fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>49656908
Like I said, I wouldn't believe me either. It's crazy how good my life has turned out, due in no part to any of my decisions other than "go talk to this cute girl".

If I sound contrarian, it's because I want people to understand that not all roads with girls on them lead to suffering and misery.

Most, sure, but not all.
>>
>>49656958
He's making a "jokke" (not sure if that's how you spell it). I heard about it once. People used to make them before the Internet.
>>
>>49656965
> I want people to understand that not all roads with girls on them lead to suffering and misery.
The people that get this already got it, and the ones that don't aren't going to have their opinions changed by a /tg/ braggart that can be so easily written off as someone making up a story.
>>
>>49656278
>post some pics of your sister.
>Little sister
>Little sister who is terminally ill
>Little sister who names everything charlie and still watches her older brother paint
>One of my greatest sexual turn-ons...jacking it to pictures of them
>jacking to pictures...of little girls.

Uh....dude....
>>
>>49656642

Classic 4chan detective
>>
File: welcome to the realm of feels.gif (154KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the realm of feels.gif
154KB, 500x500px
>>49644360
I hope you made this up
>>
>>49656834
>he says, while typing greentext instead of just copypasting it
What was there to copy? Nothing was quoted.
>>
>>49657046
Exactly.
>>
>>49656980
joke
dʒəʊk/
noun
noun: joke; plural noun: jokes

a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
"she was in a mood to tell jokes"

>a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter
>Post pictures of your dead under-aged sister so I can jerk it

Pick one.
>>
>>49656278
Dip.
>>
>>49656980
He's not serious, but he's not joking. He's making a point; >>49655829's story is sentimental to the point of incredulity.
>>
>>49657057
It's a joke because it's easy to laugh at the person saying it.

Or at the fact that the person saying it thinks it's funny/dark instead of just being babbie-edgelord tier.

Or both.
>>
>>49657106
But neither of those things make the original post a joke. That's just making fun of what someone else has said.

Like a certainly American political candidate. Nothing they say is actually a joke, but people make fun of it.

>Don't use their name, it only gives them power.
>>
File: 1280656834521.jpg (9KB, 200x242px) Image search: [Google]
1280656834521.jpg
9KB, 200x242px
>>49655920
>>49656116
>>49656278
>>
>>49657057
It amused me, and I'm not the anon with the dead sister or the guy asking for fap pics.
>>
I was gonna write a green text story but I realised it made more sense as a green text sentence or three

> had a great game group that was the bomb
> it ended
> nobody kept in touch
>>
>>49657139
Humor is subjective. Are you seriously going to try and nail down the qualities of what constitutes a joke when there are literally hundreds of different forms of humor that can be endlessly mixed and matched to the point where it can completely fall flat to one person yet give another cardiac arrest?

Whether or not the original post is a joke depends on how you look at it, and that's not even getting into the intent of the edgelord, since we can't read the fuck's mind.
>>
File: crying bane.gif (997KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
crying bane.gif
997KB, 500x200px
>>49655829
>>he is the strongest and protects all his little buddies!
Deepest lore.
>>
>>49657139
make fun of
phrase of fun
...joke about (someone) in a mocking or unkind way.
>>
>Friday evening at Games Workshop
>Some jackass kid spilled a whole bottle of super strength glue on the table and didnt tell anyone
>Regular bro comes in, says he had a horrible week, sighs and lays his head right on top of the glue
>He sits there for a bit before trying to sit up and realizing he cant
>Employees have no idea what to do,guys forehead is glued face down to the table
>He's telling us not to call 911, he'll handle it
>Guy RIPS his head off the table, leaving a thick layer of skin behind. You can see the veins and stuff in his forehead and its bleeding like crazy, blood running down his face and shirt
>He runs out with tears in his eyess and covered in blood
>Nobody speaks for ten minutes
This really happened.
>>
>>49657520
This is the backstory of Christopher Nolan's Paste Pot Pete.
>>
>>49657222
Humor is subjective, but finding something funny doesn't make it a joke.

>the intent of the edgelord, since we can't read the fuck's mind.

Fair point, the intent is what matters.

>>49657310
Making fun of what someone said doesn't make what they said a joke. It makes what you're saying, to ridicule them, a joke.
>>
>>49657858
I am saying that the intent of the edgelord anon was to make fun of dead sister anon's excessive sentimentality. Contrasting the sentimental post with the (equally excessive) nonchalance it deserves, see?
>>
File: twoofsoul.jpg (49KB, 1386x386px) Image search: [Google]
twoofsoul.jpg
49KB, 1386x386px
>>49654944
Reminds me of this.
>>
File: i have sad.png (80KB, 450x480px) Image search: [Google]
i have sad.png
80KB, 450x480px
>>49644360
What the fuck man. I am actually upset now!

>>49644595
Poor fellow...

>>49644888
That must've been really fucking traumatic.

>>49645035
Man, fuck this thread. I'm way too sad now
>>
>>49641944
How does this even work? Casualty removal means you would have to have every single base as an individual scrap of paper.
>>
My first DM kind of fell for me and then after college she married some guy who knocked her up. She had a blackout during the delivery and was in a coma apparently. She still has blackouts, feels nothing for the kid because apparently having him almost killed her, feels nothing for her husband, in general she feels like she threw her life goals away. Doesn't really know why she got married. In general she sounds really disassociated from everything and I'm worried that she's gonna hurt herself. Doesn't rp anymore, barely even speaks to any of the old group.
>>
>>49658240
>feel nothin for the kid because she almost died in labour

Yes, surely this is the child's fault.

Sounds like you dodged a fucking bullet.
>>
>>49658278
Yeah, it's not good hearing her talk like that. I never pursued it because she was somewhat infamous for trying to ruin her roommates' lives with really stupid lies and in general just being unhinged in public.
>>
>>49658278
Psychological problems usual aren't intentional, anon. Please try to be less edgy, we care about you.
>>
>>49657520
happened to me once. he just had to wait for the sweat to do the work..
>>
>>49658333
resentment isn't a psychological problem.
>>
>>49644360
>tfw you don't believe it but still feel it
>>
File: 1475251889433.jpg (26KB, 282x325px) Image search: [Google]
1475251889433.jpg
26KB, 282x325px
>>49644360
Fuck.
>>
>>49657520
>the phantom P A I N
>>
>>49656035
I'm 23, last LTR I had was a 9 month relationship with a girl who didn't like TG's or RPG's.

Eventually I got her to play Magic, taught her how to play against me, buying duel decks, building balanced decks, teaching her the ins and outs. She likes it a lot and is starting to get pretty good.

Took her to a legacy tournament at the lgs and she placed 3rd, losing to me in the semi-finals.

From then on she started building her own decks and wrecking whenever she went.

She never really got into RPG's, but would hop into a game if I needed an extra member.

Some of my players tried to hit on her/ romance her via the game. It was honestly hilarious.
>>
Its not super sad but it bummed me out.
>join college gaming club.
>volunteer to run a D&D game
>club has one other DM and 12 to 15 players each week.
>We split the players in half and agree that if a pc dies they transfer to the other DM. That way there's a healthy rotation of people and a penalty for dying that doesnt stop the fun.
>players start dying on purpose so they can go to their preferred group.
>the other dm and I get competitive.
>He has all the books
>I hand draw the maps
>he prints out maps on A1 paper
>I act out encounters and use voices
>He brings props and fancy stationary
>he plays theme music
>I bring a projector to show character art and locations.
>it went back and forward for weeks until I brought candy and had a particularly dramatic session. By the end I found myself pontificating to a group of 11 players while the other dm sat on his own at the next table. He quietly packed up his things and left, he hasn't been back to the club in months.
>>
File: i_hug_that_feel.png (42KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
i_hug_that_feel.png
42KB, 500x461px
>>49644360
Fuck, man. That's Nightmare Tier sad ;__;
You made the kid happy playing with him.
>>
>>49656035

The true "saddest post"
>>
>>49644360

Shit that never happened.

>>49644483

Groomer.

>>49644595

>>49645035

>>
>>49658855

You should contact him and get something else cool set up Maybe split up your group and make a better incentive for dividing the party. And maybe don't be so competitive and kill the capitalist demon within you.
>>
File: universal feels.jpg (377KB, 649x739px) Image search: [Google]
universal feels.jpg
377KB, 649x739px
>>49656834
>We're all alone, but thankfully not forever.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg (151KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg
151KB, 500x500px
>>49659026
Killjoy.
>>
>>49658855
Find him and co-GM a game. Make a fuck awesome setting together and everyone profits.
>>
>>49648828
Why the fuck wouldn't I? Wouldn't mean he's shit at playing. I wouldn't be afraid to let someone who had Down syndrome or was highly functioning retarded, I'd be sure to run a game tailored for them. Doesn't mean they can't enjoy table top gaming too
>>
>>49659026
>Why do people tell stories XD
>>
File: Sad-Frog-05.jpg (114KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-05.jpg
114KB, 1252x1252px
>>49641944
>Do you have any sad stories?

There's a big gaming store near where I live that I haven't been to in a while. So I went there for an event, and met a whole bunch of regulars I used to game with. Almost everybody was there except one of the employees of the store who was a pretty cool guy you could talk about anything /tg/ related during the slow hours. When I asked where he was, it turned out he passed away. I didn't bother to ask how exactly he died. Maybe one day.
>>
>>49659026
You are the new cancer of /tg/.
>>
>>49659026
>any events that I have not personally experienced are mathematically certain to be falsehoods
>>
>>49659026
>>>49644595
>Shit that never happened.
Of course not, he had that brain hemorrhage firstl
>>
>>49648828
First off: who gives a shit, so long as he's not a total douchebag or otherwise totally unreasonable.

Second: I wouldn't go out of my way to leave him high and dry if I wanted him out of my game, I would talk to him and treat him like a human being.
>>
>>49656406
I just get younger girls and drop them when they finish college and start playing "adult life according to Cosmo".
>>
>>49660072
Suuuure you do, that beard of yours must make quite a formidable trap for you to use to get a constant stream of grade schoolers.
>>
>>49660160
When you grow up you'll se how easy it is to get college girls once you're past 30.
Unless you're literally abominable, even a fag like you should have a chance with pretty girls looking for "someone different".
>>
>>49658957

Not really.
>>
>>49659918
ZING
>>
File: crying anime face.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
crying anime face.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>this thread
>>
>>49645035
Hmm. I knew a James that something like this happened to and a Scott at the FLGS. This in SC?
>>
>>49657002

not necessarily little girls, faggot, i thought OP's sister was like 16 or so.

Dude fuck you. You don't even udnerstand.
>>
>>49652335
It's Australian slang

We don't say shit like putting shrimp on the barbie but we do rock up and will probably get on the piss in the same afternoon
>>
>>49661031
Removing the lolita confusion still leaves you a weird partial-necrophiliac, anon.
>>
>>49641944
I've been painting 40K models since high school. I used to be pretty good at it. I used it to cope with depression.

I was driving home from my Girlfriend's house when I got T-Boned by a drunk driver. My right hand now has awful tremors and I haven't been able to paint properly since.
>>
>>49661173

There's nothing wrong with that. There's just something weirdly satisfying about seeing a picture of someone and knowing they are gone now. Doesn't really apply to family but anyone else. Even the girl who got hit by a car crossing the street when I was in high school. They had her picture up in the hallways for months.
>>
>>49661259

Nice job dude maybe that'll teach you not to drive drunk!!!!
>>
>>49641944
>Mother always watches me paint when I was young. Encourages me.
>Paint her a space marine to put on her desk. A nice Lamenter. Pretty impressive for a 14 year old little shit.
>She graciously accepts it. Talks about how nice it looks.
>Find it in the office trash a week later.

We stopped talking a few years after I graduated after college.
>>
>>49661283
I mean you're not hurting anybody, so no there's nothing "wrong" with it in that regard. However there is also the matter of decency.

I'd feel more comfortable, honestly, if you weren't so sure of yourself that this was a totally reasonable fetish.
>>
File: Troll for the Troll Throne.jpg (61KB, 1016x970px) Image search: [Google]
Troll for the Troll Throne.jpg
61KB, 1016x970px
>>49661296
>>
File: 1458088563055.jpg (102KB, 432x417px) Image search: [Google]
1458088563055.jpg
102KB, 432x417px
>>49661339
Oh, dude... That would kill me.
>>
>>49661340
I know that feel, bro.
>>
File: 1468265044009.png (222KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
1468265044009.png
222KB, 480x452px
>>49661339
Goddamn anon that's harrowing
>>
File: 1474947828297.jpg (134KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1474947828297.jpg
134KB, 623x414px
>mfw this thread
>>
>>49641944
Oh, I got this.

>I'm a tall, reasonable looking human being, completely normal in most regards, generally well kept
>but I have crippling social anxiety
>like complete spaghetti fountain levels of social anxiety when ordering the same food I always get through the mcdonalds drive thru
>over time I've learned to work things out and even play some FNM at my FLGS
>one day I drive to go see my brother and play commander with him at his store
>I fucking love EDH, I don't play any other format outside of the occasional draft, and I'm smart enough to bring a diverse array of decks so I can fit into different metas without being a "that guy"
>get to town, he's out with his girlfriend, I eat lunch with my parents and leave
>on my way out of town I decide to stop by the store and see if someone wants to play magic with me
>I show up around 5, talk up the owners, buy a few things I was looking for, and grab a couple of packs
>nervously ask the owner about their commander night
>"Oh it's at 7pm, come out and have fun. $25 and the winners will get a few packs. Beware, some players are pretty good, so try to bring your A game."
>sign up and prepay, then go sit in my car and listen to talk radio until 7pm rolled around
>show up a little early, but my pairings were already listed
>the table is Narset, Oloro and Brago
>get excited and bring out my Maelstrom Wanderer that's too tuned for my playgroup
>the game is back and forth, but eventually I hit maelstrom, brago bounces him, then I cheat him out again for overkill through value
>Narset wound up in distant fourth after getting manafucked t4, had a permanent scowl and couldn't stop bitching
(cont.)
>>
>>49662036
>between rounds I fuck off for a chocolate bar and a drink
>overhear Narset talking to some of the other players
>"Did you see that asshole playing Maelstrom? Talk about pay to win tryhard, what kind of loser brings a deck like that to a commander night? I hope you don't get paired with him, he's clearly trying to shark people for packs."
>get really nervous and start shaking
>pairings for next round are up, but I'm too fucked to wade through the crowd and read them
>finally see the pairings, but it took me a little too long and the round is almost beginning
>try to sift through the sea of tables, but since I'm a giant with social anxiety, I spill spaghetti everywhere, and start bumping into people's chairs like an ass
>finally get to the table, Narset's friend is in the playgroup
>"Everyone, if you want to have fun, attack that guy. He's going to win in like 4 turns, so be ready for it."
>I can't stop shaking, everyone is staring at me, and as I'm trying to take a deck out of my fat pack, that has three decks in it, I spew cards everywhere
>people immediately start laughing
>narset's friend calls a judge and says I'm stalling
>I'm so embarrassed I scoop up as much as I can and leave, visibly crying, clearly a giant mess
>I left at least 15 cards there, including a craterhoof behemoth and a deadeye navigator
>went back in my car and cried for two hours before driving home
>haven't played magic in public since
>>
>>49657149
>dead sister fap pics

That sounds like an Emo band...
>>
>>49662046
>>49662036

Do you frequent the commander generals? I'm really sorry to hear that story, man. I'd be incredibly happy to talk edh if you ever want to, I love talking about all kinds of strats and decks and whatnot. here is my tapped out, (spoilered below) feel free to hit me up on that if you'd like.
I keep all my "pet" decks on private, so you won't see anything worth a damn on my profile.

http://tappedout.net/users/Ornstein_and_Smough/mtg-decks/
>>
>>49662264
I'm always in the EDH general, I actually recognize your user name. I get to talk about commander enough, but it's been months since I've played with anyone.
>>
File: my kraj.png (887KB, 631x1120px) Image search: [Google]
my kraj.png
887KB, 631x1120px
>>49662297
Alright man, well I'm the kami stasis/endrek stax anon that occasionally posts his extended borders and alters (pic related). I'm on about every thread, feel free to talk to me anytime. I have pretty bad anxiety, so I can understand what you went through to a degree. Mine isn't socially focused though, more like I'm always hyper vigilant and worried constantly. Anyways, yeah. I'd be more than happy to chat with you anytime outside of edh general, just hit me up and we can exchange some other form of contact info fb friends, w/e works!
>>
>>49662344
I'm actually that anon who's never messaged you about the Mimeoplasm alter because I've been too nervous. Neat, I didn't realize you were the same person, you're a quality poster.
>>
File: 1468142023797.gif (2MB, 636x352px) Image search: [Google]
1468142023797.gif
2MB, 636x352px
>>49656278
>>
File: gooey.jpg (220KB, 749x1280px) Image search: [Google]
gooey.jpg
220KB, 749x1280px
>>49662361
Well hey man! I remember you! My name's tanner. I'll paint a mimeoplasm for you for free if you ever want me to. I'll spoiler my tumblr if you want to get in contact. http://tannersmodifiedmagiccardsblog.tumblr.com/

I understand if you're too nervous, but if you ever want to chat, you've got a friend here.
>>
>>49662426
Thanks, that means a lot. I'm actually that anon who pretty consistently makes the OPs, helps with all the Golgari/Gruul decks and recommends a pretty cheap generic ramp package for green decks. I'll message you tomorrow night, if I`m feeling up to it, things have been a little rough on my end. My name's Brad, feel free to say hi, I post here like 7+ hours a day most days.
>>
File: 1451098148757.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451098148757.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>>49662036
>>49662046
>>49662264
>>49662297
>>49662426
>>49662517

This went from my blood boiling with the rage of a trillion magnetars to being all warm and fuzzy.
>>
>>49662046
>>49662036
>Narset player calls someone else overpowered
And no one said anything? Sorry to hear that, bro. I'd invite you to my commander group, but I don't live in the US. Good luck finding decent people to play with.
>>
File: self portrait.jpg (179KB, 1080x1845px) Image search: [Google]
self portrait.jpg
179KB, 1080x1845px
>>49662517
Hey brad, tomorrow I've got plenty of free time so I'll be looking forward to it! No hard feelings if you change your mind, I understand. I'm actually theorycrafting a jund landfuck deck with xira arien at the helm, and I have no fucking idea how to make it work. Maybe we can discuss that! Anywho. Hopefully I'll hear from you tomorrow!
>>
>>49661339
>lamenter
what did you expect?
>>
>>49662591
>I'm actually theorycrafting a jund landfuck deck with xira arien at the helm
Sweet fuck on toast, I was that anon who wanted to build a magical christmasland spicy jund goodstuff deck two days ago, and was recently bitching that prosh isn't my style for hellrider + five alarm fire shenanigans because I'd have to take apart too many decks. I'll see what I can do, have a good night Tanner. Like I said, thanks, it means a lot.
>>
File: pizza.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>49662641
I remember that! Yeah, man I could talk about why prosh isn't my style all night, but you know. Hopefully we can shoot ideas off each other (I'm more of a blue/black guy, so I might be pretty void on ideas, I've got a few though) for some spicy Jund decks. And Yeah man, same! Night.

And hey, I understand if things come up tomorrow, shit happens and life bites you in the ass sometimes. Regardless, hit me up whenever. You and I seem to have a lot in common! I already see you as a friend.
>>
>>49661339
>my nanny encouraged me making a dnd adventure
>write out the whole thing, characters, certain events, giving wiggle room for players to change the story and make choices
>i play in the garage and keep all my shit there
>she just purges the garage, gets rid of everything that isn't a power tool or vhs tape
Man my nanny was the best annoyance i ever had.
>>
>>49662426
Damn it your cards are awesome! Way way way better than this blizzardesque shit we have nowadays
>>
>>49662297
You should try a desencitization course in cockatrice. It's like 4chan to a certain point in a manner that it's full of apparent assholes who'll abuse you verbally but after a while you realize it's mostly shitposting and people aren't being mean to you on purpose and out of malice. They're just as socially inep and rustled about losingt.

It helped me become less nervous when playing with unknowns IRL, I can now tell when someone is just being a sore loser or playing mad bantz and don't get upset about those kind of comments anymore. I'm even playing the top 8 brackets of a Legacy league on saturday when a year ago I stuttered to ask for a booster pack at the counter!
>>
>>49656241
Sounds marvellous. Wish my dad was more into games. Would love to tp with the old man..
>>
>>49662036
>>49662046
"Pay to win" isn't Maelstrom Wanderer. Pay to win is turn 2 wins.

The thing about turn_2_wins.dec (or anything which is supposed to be ridiculously good) is that if someone works out how to shut it down, the person using it tends to turn into an enormous pile of salt. The exact form of said salt varies, and for some people, said form can be "try to make everyone (or someone) else saltier".
>>
>>49664006
The worst part of that post was that it just had to be a Narset faggot calling someone else a tryhard.

I've met Oloros, Animars, Wanderers, even Edrics and 1v1 Zurs in their pre-ban times who weren't assholes and enjoyed winning but would turn it down a notch for the sake of group fun.
Not Narset though, everyone who plays narset at top configuration is the exact same faggot with delusions of grandeur and a victim complex at the same time.
>>
>>49655080
Yes goyim listen to this anon.
>>
>>49654834
>I made you, I'll take you
>>
>>49661259
How is your left hand anon?
If it's still steady you could try retraining yourself to paint left handed. It'd be fucking hard I grant you, but it's possible.
>>
>>49644483
This is one of the more believable stories.

It's sadly a pretty common stereotype for fathers to push their children at something they themselves have failed at. The classic example being some kind of sport, but the psychology is the same to apply to a competitive game like MTG.

Grossly depressing of course. At least the kid pushed to play ball will be healthy , athletic, popular and might even do well and earn money out of it. The magic kid is going to be another miserable fat nerd failure like his father.
>>
>>49664624
>miserable fat nerd failure
Projecting a bit hard there, anon.
>>
File: grey-knights-dreadnought-1.jpg (90KB, 1083x720px) Image search: [Google]
grey-knights-dreadnought-1.jpg
90KB, 1083x720px
>Cool nice chill guy at our club, plays crons but nothing beardy. He's selling off his stuff.
>Sad to lose him.
>He's married an American girl and is moving to the states to live with her.
>No time for gaming anymore.
>He's constantly posting about how much sheer delirious bliss he is in.
>She dies unexpectedly.
>He's back at the club rebuying his models and playing again.
>Secretly I'm happy he's back to suffocating his misery mindlessly playing with toys like the rest of us.
>I destroy his new Dark Eldar army in 2 turns with my Grey Knights running 3 Psycannon Dreads and allying in Eldar for 3 Scatter Laser War Walkers.
>He leaves early to go home alone.
>Feelsgoodman
>>
>>49641944
Guy in my wargames club in high school did that as well. That being said there were also three guys there who had just the figure's bases as units for their entire army, so.....
>>
>>49658821
I loove the stories of "I taught my gf to play Magic" like it's an accomplishment, like you taught your dog how to fetch or roll over. What's *more* impressive is meeting a girl who plays Magic and *then* getting her to date you.
>>
>>49664829
But it literally is like teaching a dog how to roll over only more frustrating and the blowjob you get afterwards isn't nearly as enthusiastic.
>>
>>49657571
>This is the backstory of Christopher Nolan's Paste Pot Pete.
I am laughing so hard right now
>>
>>49661259
If it's just your hand and not the whole arm, buy one of those skating wrist braces, it hold your hand in place and learning to paint from the elbow is infinitely easier than learning to pain with your off hand.
>t. artist and boxer
>>
File: 1400135586762.gif (162KB, 200x187px) Image search: [Google]
1400135586762.gif
162KB, 200x187px
>>49657571
>>
You idiots are like Tumblr, barely any of this shit ever happened and is so obviously fake I can't fucking comprehend how you could get enjoyment out of reading it.

Go read a fucking book.
>>
>>49665110

But books are fake too.
>>
>>49652082
You got that right. It's the favorite Shakespearian insult of neckbeards everywhere who say "mi'lady" all the time and don their fedoras with a flick of the wrist.
>>
File: Fp1R9Ky.png (351KB, 505x505px) Image search: [Google]
Fp1R9Ky.png
351KB, 505x505px
>>49665110
>he can't enjoy fiction
>>
File: a45.jpg (229KB, 635x500px) Image search: [Google]
a45.jpg
229KB, 635x500px
>>49665110
>>
>>49665110
Thanks, Mister Policeman!

If you hadn't gotten here in time, we might have accidentally enjoyed ourselves!
>>
>>49665110
I was working in the hospital, taking blood fo oxygen level analysis (back when we had a freaking refrigerator sized machine to do so) and someone gave me a sample that was black. Literally, it was blood so dark it has a faint red tinge at the edge. I got a reading of zero. The phlebotomist told me this person had not only walked in because he was having trouble breathing, but had driven himself ten miles to the hospital.

For the less medically inclined, the average person passed out unconscious at 95% oxygen saturation in the blood. This man should have been DEAD.

He lived 8 more years after that.

So yeah, anything is indeed possible. I take this stuff with a grain of salt, but you never can tell what is really true or not.
>>
File: chochlik.jpg (199KB, 2048x1151px) Image search: [Google]
chochlik.jpg
199KB, 2048x1151px
>6 months ago see advertisements of new gaming shop
>Can't visit it because work
>Finally have a free day
>place is abandoned and for sale
>>
>Be kid
>Warriors of chaos comes out as an army book
>I grab them and loads of chaos figures over time
>Tons of metal Warhounds
>name one after my dog
>Try to paint it like my dog, but he's a light ginger and white that was a paint for little me
>Dog died earlier this year at a ripe age of 19.
>I found the model a few weeks ago looking through my stuff as I was getting ready for a new job

I went from happy as fuck to depressed so fast I think it gave me emotional whiplash.
>>
>>49652760
Medium kek
>>
>>49665853

What?

Is...

Is that even possible?

Are you saying he had a blood-oxygen content of 0%?
Or are you saying that the machine had an overflow error and he had blood which was completely saturated with oxygen?

I mean, even a sample of blood exposed to the air for half a second will have an oxygen concentration which is greater than 0% simply due to basic adsorption.

I'm pretty sure your machine threw a fit there.
>>
>>49641944
>I fucking do this
>I have my own place and car and other bills, but fucking LOVE WHFB.
>Have wanted to play forever. Literally bought army books and watched battle reports since I can remember
>No one wants to play with me. Go to FLGS to watch games. Asked if anyone could teach a newby and get "I'm not doing shit unless you have models and they are fully painted".
Fast forward about 12 years, 28 now
>Haveing a really shitty week. Best way to get over these times I find is to do something new
>Sit my fucking ass down and read over the fucking books like a mage initiate
>Can only afford a couple boxes of skaven, use flat bead gem things to fill in the open slots
>go to FLGS on slower day, pick one of the many tables they have (very heavily war game shop)
>"Lol bro, how can you even play? No ones going to sit and play with that shit" says one of the regulars as I'm setting up my maybe 20+ models and 50+ beads
>Ask everyone besides him if they want to play
>Another guy shyly comes up: "It ok if I use paper and index cards? I'll take penalties...."
>Can see that this man was just like me. He comes to watch for the love of the game, knows the rules, but no one would let him in
>Tell him dont even fucking worry.
>We have a fucking blast. Set to play weekly

Fuck you all who exclude people for stupid shit. I get that collecting and painting is half the hobby, but I'm more interested in the other half. I'll get full ranks eventually, but I'm having fun. Fuck GW for making plastic mini rats cost that much.
>>
>>49641944
I think I already told this story but here goes anyways

>About two years ago when I was first starting out with tabletop
>Local game shop hosts games every sunday for people without groups to hang out, mostly aimed to new players like myself
>We're about to play Vampire: The Masquerade, but the GM is late so we're just chilling
>Among the other 6 players, there's this one guy
>He's in his late 20s-late 30s, overweight, bald, has a beard and thick-framed glasses
>I strike conversation with him, he's such a nice person
>Talks excitedly about how he's been looking forward to play for a while since his group disbanded some time ago
>I ask him to show me his dice and he gives me a million dollar smile
>He shows me all his dice and tells me little stories about them, how he got them, and some adventures he's had
>I've never seen a man so passionate and happy about something
>GM comes in
>Greets everyone
>Says "I don't want to bum any of you but the space we have allows for about 5 people in the table without counting myself, otherwise it's gonna be a mess"
>Cool beard guy says "Oh that's okay, I've had my fair share of games so I guess it won't hurt to miss out on this one"
>He's still smiling but I can feel the disappointment in the way he speaks
>Grabs his stuff and heads for the door
>Before he leaves he turns back with the brightest smile I've ever seen
>"Have fun everyone!"
>I never saw him again
>The campaign died shortly after
>The game store changed owners and doesn't allow for games to be played in the store - it's turned into a cybercafe that sells /tg/ related stuff and nothing more

I never even caught his name
Good luck you wonderful bastard
>>
>>49667762
>doesn't allow for games to be played in the store
What the fuck, why?
>>
>>49657520
My local GW had a story about a guy that did that. Not so much blood, though, and he smacked his head into the painting table in frustration at something, then got stuck.
>>
>>49668096
Because there isn't any space anymore
The place used to be a small store that had the counter, some consoles, two rows of pcs, tables to play magic or whatever, and a small kinda-basement with a table that people would use to run games

Now the place is just a bigger counter with some pirated ps2 games on shelves and /tg/ related dice and cards and anime/comic parafernalia, while the pcs got moved into the basement so there's literally no space to support it, it doesn't even sell snacks or drinks anymore it's just a store with PCs
>>
>>49657520

This cheered me up in a weird way. Thanks anon!
>>
File: Ho-hum.png (32KB, 440x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ho-hum.png
32KB, 440x200px
>>49656263
>I'm so enlightened
>Nobody understands the danger we're all in

Grow up.
>>
>>49644888
That's terrible. I don't want to hear this story but I read it all anyway. :(
>>
>>49656406

Are you me? The more babies and fat wives I see the better I feel
>>
>>49667248
Gods speed you on your glorious journey. I agree about prices, they are insane.
>>
>>49657520
Go away with your unfunny fake story.
>>
File: 1471873205940.jpg (21KB, 456x297px) Image search: [Google]
1471873205940.jpg
21KB, 456x297px
>>49656406
>I can't play in groups with girls because once they meet my wife they realize they can't compete and start resenting me
>>
>>49658101
Or just mark the casualties on the paper
>it's just paper after all
>>
>>49656406
Hi virt, we missed you, kill yourself.
>>
>>49644360
It's illegal to tell lies on the internet
>>
>>49661339
Lamenters are hated by universe. Your mother felt it on unconscious level.
>>
>>49662046
You should have some sense punched into you.
Why don't you seek help?
>>
>heavily abused by alcoholic and cocaine addled parents
>escape to the FLGS on the weekends
>Parents get 'better' when he I'm around 15
>Still hanging out at the shop but start having problems like I hadn't before.
>Flashbacks, extreme self hatred, rage, yelling, insecurity, fighting
>Came on slow at first, then fast
>I basically have PTSD from my parents screaming and hitting me so much as a child
>Things getting progressively worse as I age
>Don't feel comfortable anymore in public
>Leave FLGS, delete Facebook
>Don't talk to anyone from back then
>almost 5 years ago
>>
>>49663437
Not the guy, but what are you calling Cockatrice?
>>
>>49668536
Pirated PS2 games? Why?
>>
>>49670606
because argentina is a fucking shithole
>>
>>49670261
I have. Life's shitty sometimes, and sometimes people have bad luck. I can't afford my meds, it's like $500 per month and that's almost as much as my rent. I'm much better than I was, but every day is full of hard work.
>>
>>49657968
>I go away but we are two of soul

Just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>49658388
the causes can be

she could have something relatively common like postpartum depression, or something more complex, perhaps with a physical cause - if she's been suffering repeat blackouts since the birth and they began at the birth, i would suggest she's already had a diagnosis; she might like someone to talk, delicately, about it with, or just to vent to, confidentially

if it turns out she hasn't had a diagnosis and is just "blacking out" without explanation, you might like to talk with her and her husband about the need for a diagnosis, because that's fucking serious shit there

if they know what it is and they don't want to talk to you about it, don't take that personally - you're just expressing concern, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it can catch people by surprise or even rub them the wrong way no matter how delicately you broach the subject with them; it's not uncommon for people who have chronic conditions to be frustrated by them (and this is a leading cause of attacks on healthcare workers in the workplace) and to simply feel that it's futile to discuss them any further

being a friend - even a friend who asks once if they need some help and never brings it up again if they say no - is helpful, sometimes all you can do is be around someone, even if they're beautiful garbage burning up on re-entry to a world you'll never do more than orbit

also: cancer patients. don't ask them how they are, just joke with 'em and be normal and maybe ask if they've got any chores they want doing, but not in a dick way like they can't do it themselves

or go to the beach. the beach is fun
>>
File: 1454993587029.png (41KB, 194x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454993587029.png
41KB, 194x200px
My flgs went out of business recently. It was such a nice place too, I played 40k there occasionally and they had private rooms for tables and such. The owners were really nice dudes too who really cared about their business.

I tried to buy things from them whenever I could instead of the local GW. But the place was just always depressingly empty. The owners seemed pretty heartbroken about it when it finally went under. Still me sad when I think about it. Now the local gee dubs is my only refuge.
>>
>>49667248
>Fuck you all who exclude people for stupid shit. I get that collecting and painting is half the hobby, but I'm more interested in the other half.

>Fuck you for being interested in the half that I'm not
>the half that has more than 50% of the draw and takes actual money, dedication, time, and effort that I'll just totally skip

Ever occur to you that your shitty looking army isn't fun to play?
>>
>>49673214
Local GW your only refuge. Man that is the saddest thing I've read this entire thread.
>>
>>49673282
I'm in a similar boat. Nearest FLGS is 40 minutes away and I can't drive.

Once upon a time, GW used to be great for games. Not so much anymore.
>>
I don't know of anyone else will find it sad, but I do. I've shared it here before.

>FLGS used to be owned by this old Grognard. A big, bearded guy who was always friendly and fun to hang out with.
>Every day he would open his store at 7, and would close somewhere around 11 or 12.
>He had been playing RPGs since the old days, and he had tons of great stories and memories
>His store was always a good place to hand out. Even if you weren't in the mood to play anything, you could go in and pop a movie in and you can guarantee someone from the staff would hang out and watch it with you
>He was always going to conventions and other stores. His stock never stayed the same for very long. He was always trading for games or books, and always trying to get a feel for what would interest people.
>A couple of years ago, he passed away from lung cancer.
>He left the store to his nephew who sold all the tabletop gaming stuff on eBay and ran the FNM players away
>He turned the store into a used game/DVD/cape shop
>The nearest game store is now an hour away.
>>
>>49673281
Sounds like a failing in the game, that the game portion is not engrossing and entertaining enough to the point that it requires miniatures to be any good.
>>
>>49673214
Ultimate sad story here. I have a GW, and 7 other FLGS within 15 miles of my home. Sometimes I can't decide which store I want to go to.
>>
>>49674581
My bad. forgot a few places . Make that 12 games stores within 15 miles. There are almost too many game FLGS around here.
>>
>>49670339
>when he I'm

This is what? Third draft?
>>
>>49674547
>Sounds like a failing in the game

That's exactly what it is. GW has shitty rules.
>>
>>49661339
>We stopped talking a few years after I graduated after college.
How long ago was it that you talked now?
How's the rest of your family?
>>
>>49641944

Something of a minor sad, and I don't mean to say that it's on the same level as some of the stuff upthread, but I thought I'd share it.

>Play a game called World in Flames. Huge, strategic level hex and chit WW2 game.
>Have some buddies at the FLGS, we play, as casually as you can play anything that has about 100 hours of play time to a game.
>Someone leaves the group, we place out an ad to see if anyone else will join, and we get a bite
>Not only that, he's played the game before, we won't have to teach him, and given how long the rules are, that's a real bonus.
>It turns out his dad used to be the world champion (less impressive than it sounds, as I'd guess there are maybe 5-600 players worldwide.
>He grew up with the game in his basement, was playing starting age eight.
>He's half anyone else in the group's age, but he has more playing experience than most of us.
>He doesn't just play us, I know he has some online games going at the same time.
>Check out some unofficial rankings, and he's considered a top 20 player.
>Kicks the ever loving shit out of all of us.
>He's not nasty about it or anything, earnest, bright, eager to please.
>And when asked how he does it, he pulls out chart after chart after chart of calculations and backup plans and production strategies.
>He doesn't really need them anymore, since he has most of it memorized, but it's a great planning aid.
>We keep him around for a few years.
>And over that time, the game has gotten less casual, less friendly, more competitive.

I've gotten way better as a result, so I feel a bit bad complaining, but I miss the atmosphere of the days before he showed up.
>>
File: I has a hat.png (186KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
I has a hat.png
186KB, 1000x1000px
>>49641944
You know, this whole sort of thing is exactly why I've never gotten into actually playing Warhammer.

If I want to even _try_ it, I'll need to blow about £100 on models, more on paint, construct the models and paint them up, fuck up the paint jobs a few time cus new to the hobby.

Then I'll show up ready to try my first fight, bust out my amateur paint job Skaven/Orks, get my ass handed to me in several games by people who know how to pick their fights, or just because I can't comfortably get to grips with the rules, get sick of the elitist attitude in general, give up, let my army gather dust for a few months, and then try and hawk it on eBay for a fraction of the original price.

At least League of Legends is free, for that type of community.
>>
>>49655855
Was it that easy to get a /tg/ boyfriend this whole time? and here I was playing an elf
>>
>>49676295
Yeah...

Aside from shopkeeps desperately trying to push you in, the community is one of the less welcoming towards newcomers.
>>
>>49676295
Or just play kill team for 40 quid.
>>
>>49644483
So true, I never really looked at magic as a way to earn money or prizes. As long as I am having some fun I won't mind giving away a few cards, sleeves, dice or any random accessories. Magic has been an amazing thing for me. Even though I almost never see him anymore, I got one of my best friends from playing magic.
>>
>>49678552
I wish kill team miniatures would come pre painted. It would sell really well I think. It would make me buy them at least.
>>
>>49676295
If you want 40k, start with Killteam. Way easier to get into, games are faster and thus, it is easier to learn rules. HoR killteam is better than GW killteam.

>>49679272
I know that feel. I like the game more than painting and modeling. I do understand that most people find main fun in making your Dudes models, but at least give a choice in case if a buyer is a filthy casual like me.
>>
>Be me
>reasonnable human being with some level of social spaghetti
>through years in high school to college, I make a lot of friends
>our interest change with the years, but we hold together, our little group slowly growing over time
>we share books, watch movies, play magic and even try our hands at TTRGPs in our college years
>Eventually, our group is the largest social group at lunchtime, we have to pull three long tables together and spend our time discussing series, games, you name it
>We have people from every section the school has to offer, and pretty much all social classes are there
>We're pretty much living the nerd/geek community dream
>fast forward two years later
>All the people who came from different backgrounds or had different goals have separated
>Most have moved out, some even to other countries
>We still try to keep in touch, but since most of us have tremendous amount of work to do, we can only spare an hour or two per week to talk
>I discover that my new school has no one that has interests that are even remotely similar to mine
>Best I got was one guy who used to play WoW
>Slowly realise that I have no real friend here, since I don't go to parties or drink, wich represent 95% of all the socialisation process here
>no games either, since I don't have a car and the only thing I located is around 40 min by foot from my place

The fact that I used to be able to talk to so many people about anything, and that I'm so alone now is slowly crushing me
>>
>>49680005
>40 min by foot
Son, that is nothing, get to walking.
>>
>>49654944
The rapefugees aren't even syrian though and the few that are the worst of the worst.
>>
>>49680038
The distance in itself isn't the problem, it's the time that it takes to go there, play and return
I doubt people would accept semeone that's only going to be available 2 hours, when they want to play for three or four
>>
>>49682027
Of course they would, maybe not for a timed tournament, but for some casual games, sure.
>>
>>49674547
The thing is though, that if you play miniature wargames competitively and ignore the hobby side, you're 100% a retard because there are so many better activities to use for a competitive outlet.

It's basically saying "I could be playing starcraft, Memoir44 or chess, but I prefer a game where I can take advantage of people who like painting toy soldiers over a fair fight".
>>
File: 1444369017197.gif (510KB, 700x827px) Image search: [Google]
1444369017197.gif
510KB, 700x827px
>>49656696
thank you anon.
>>
>>49658240
That sounds a lot like postnatal depression anon, which is REALLY fucking serious. Go and talk to her anon, show your support, and try and get her help. The absolute worse thing for anyone with depression is to stay in your own little bubble. Be a friend and help her.
>>
File: perrybrothers.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
perrybrothers.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>49661259
One of the Perry brothers only has one arm (blew it off in a cannon accident, no seriously), and he retaught himself to paint with his left. And he's a damn good painter with it.

You can do it anon.
>>
I read this entire thread and it was good. I guess my only contribution could be
>be 14 or 15
>wanted to play RPG's since I knew from western cartoons what they were (age 5 or so)
>finally get the chance
>it's great
>high school ends
>all friends far away or completely barricaded from outside world
>only play with one other group, it's awful

I hope the one that I may have met over this work season is going to be good. I just want to play games.
>>
>>49656406

>My minis will love me and come to visit me when I'm in an old age home
>>
>>49656035

No, it's called not being a push over. That faggot should've told his girl from the start

>I like painting plastic army men and rolling dice with other adults, if you want to rob me of that fuck off.
>>
>>49656821

Yeah but statistically I'll be dying first.
>>
>>49641944
I wouldn't have ever done it at a store, but back in high school that's how me and my friends would get down.
Want to try out units you don't have? Curious about how a four person, 4000 point each battle would turn out? Bust out the paper.
>>
>>49684500
Sculpt, he's a sculptor.
>>
>>49661100
Oi cunt. When ya go on that maccas run think you can pick me upa packa durries from the servo? Or some grog from the bottle-o if ya want ta get on tha piss tonight?
>>
File: IMSAD_8925.jpg (128KB, 691x896px) Image search: [Google]
IMSAD_8925.jpg
128KB, 691x896px
>ITT: We learn that GW is a sad place where sad things happen.
>>
>>49655080
I enjoy 4chan and certain sections that aren't worksafe, but pol is disgusting.
>>
>>49676126

See, what strikes me as sad about this story isn't your gaming group's loss of innocence, it's Wargame Poindexter's lack of a life.
>>
>>49664701
>but nothing beardy
Faggots who use the tearm 'beardy' are ruining the hobby and are cancer.
>>
>>49668800

Trip-dubs speak the truth
>>
>>49644627
maybe she had the kid from a past marriage?
>>
>>49653498
Was dying on the toilet part of his plan?
>>
>>49655173
Probably, lol. Owned.
>>
>>49641944
>poland
>white

AYY
>>
>>49657968
Wow, I hate this.
>>
>>49661339
Of course it would be a Lamenter.
>>
>>49667762
>>The game store changed owners and doesn't allow for games to be played in the store - it's turned into a cybercafe that sells /tg/ related stuff and nothing more

Hopefully they go bankrupt.
>>
>>49659918
Can't believe I actually kek'd
>>
>>49651913
>>be me
Well who else would you be? I don't know where this habit started, but it sounds just as retarded today as it did 4 years ago.
>>
>>49662595
Best post in this thread.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.