[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post cool/unusual antagonists for RPG campaigns. Any system works.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: dargon.jpg (214KB, 1024x597px) Image search: [Google]
dargon.jpg
214KB, 1024x597px
Post cool/unusual antagonists for RPG campaigns. Any system works. No stats, just concept.

>Lazariel, the Wingless Dragon
After his wings were torn off in a fight with a fellow dragon, Lazariel retreated underground, mourning the loss of his wings. Eventually, he came upon a mountaintop city, and in a rage slew the entire city and its patron, a griffin. He now rules over the abandoned city, wearing the griffin's now useless wings as a gory trophy of his battle.
>>
>>49631881
So it's a dragon with undersized griffon wings taped to its back? If he retreated underground and feels loss for his wings, he'd probably stay down there and become a menace to cavern-dwellers like dorfs and gobbos.

Now then, here's mine.
>Baroxus, escaped magical serial killer
Baroxus is a strongly built man who, through means unknown, has a minor affinity for spellcasting. Having slain dozens upon possibly hundreds of citizens and peacekeepers through both physical and magical means, Baroxus garnered the attention of the local group of do-good adventurers that don't know how to leave well enough alone. Following his capture, during which he killed three of their number, he was sentenced to multiple lifetimes of conscious punishment, after which he would be summarily executed.
However, just over four hundred years into his sentence, the kingdom went to war, and the land upon which he was sealed became overrun by the enemy, and remained so for many decades. During this time, his seal wore down, and with none from the kingdom to execute him, he went on a rampage, killing countless numbers of the enemy. After momentarily sating his bloodlust, he slowly makes his way to the last remnants of the kingdom that bound him, hides himself into their society, and once more wreaks havoc upon the populous.
>>
>>49632409
I tried to go for a sort of mentally unstable serial killer dragon vibe. Don't know if that came across.
>>
You learn of a corrupt pope that wants to use the church for his own nepotism. You do not know about the pope's son but you do learn that he spoils him and anyone who learns about him tends to disappear.

You work to investigate the cardinal that is the pope's son but it's too late as the you die of old age and the son becomes pope. Turns out said new pope is actually a powerful dragon.

Pope Draco I
>>
>>49631881
>Hijurian, Fourth Son of Coragnemar, The Studious

Hijurian is one of the few void dragons of the realm, his kind born of the corrupted celestial dragon Coragnemar. When Coragnemer spread chaos and corruption throughout the material realm, he constructed several great libraries and "zoos" to contain vast knowledge and power. Centuries later, after Coragnemar would vanish into the void, his chidren would inherit their father's collections. Hijurian, the "relatively" well mannered and studious would take to the great libraries, amassing both forbidden and lost secrets, arts, and arcana.

Diminutive for his size, the Huge Void Dragon prefers to read an good book to corrupting neighboring creatures. Still, his temper is short, and all those that would dare desecrate his great library are soon torn asunder by the forces of the void itself.
>>
>Children of the Crimson Crescent

A horde of actual small children, albeit possessed by the souls of vile murderers picked from the recently unearthed soul well.They make their home in the vast sewer system and are mostly faithful to their necromantic leader. Their small size combined with an unending thirst for blood makes them excellent assassins. Each Child carries a curved dagger and wears tattered rags and a pallid mask to cover their once-dead body.

The Father is a feeble and lanky old man with a knack for necromancy... and a grudge against the rich and powerful of the city above.
>>
The black matchbook society

In the distant space future, there is the codex Obscurum. It is a book of all secrets, rumors, forbidden science and perversion. Yet despite having no publisher or single author, passages can be found in the same style through out the galaxy in the strangest of places. From being transmitted via code in newspapers to bein relayed in Morse code by a Shakey pipe to being relayed by a news caster, live, who then commits suicide, the codex always delivers pertinent information to its adherents. Those who exist outside of proper society, who wish to know, who are hated by their governments, may often find themselves acolytes of the codex, a distinctly anti establishment work.

And thus came the black matchbook society. An organization dedicated to investigating, collecting and destroying the codex and it's readers wherever they go. They dress in traditional black formal wear and identify one another by their usage of the same wooden matches.

The society were all but destroyed in a series of coincidental fires and explosions. Realizing that it is impossible to fight a seemingly invisible conspiracy whilst parading around in black trenchcoats and meeting at specific location, the society changed tactics.

Green terrace communications SATCOM booths now have a curious glitch. Sometimes the screen will spiral, and hypnotic phrases will play, requesting that these random citizens go to some place and burn a certain book or smash a certain machine. And each time they are converted more and more. Willingly going back, willingly becoming more enthralled. The agents of the black matchbook live within the system. Each thralled user is another potential form. And they will bring each planet to its knees if it means that their masters can maintain their millennia long control over mankind without the interference of the codex.
>>
>>49631881

I suppose when you get down to it it isn't that out of the ordinary, but the longest campaign arc I ever played in indicated that this one guy, named Kalav, was the BBEG, or at least the leader of the faction that we had a big problem with, what with their trying to spartk a world war.

We find out WAY later in the campaign that "The Sovereign" hasn't been Kalav for years. He had died ages ago, and was simply quietly replaced by one of his apprentices, who kept up the illusion he was the old man, even married his widow.

Ultimately, when it came time to throw down, I suppose it didn't make much difference, one powerful mage is pretty similar to another one, but damn, it floored me when I found out.
>>
File: Cool Druid 1.jpg (8KB, 250x195px) Image search: [Google]
Cool Druid 1.jpg
8KB, 250x195px
>Carallel the Unforgiven
Carallel was once a great teacher to the Kingdoms of men, a mentor of sorts to young princes and officials on the ways of magic and philosophy. One day, Carallel killed the prince of a major kingdom, throwing the land into chaos.
Thought this guy might be good for a Corrupting Magic or Artifact, maybe a good over arching villan for a political intrigue kinda plot. Might use him one day.
>>
bump until i get home
>>
>>49631881
bump
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.