[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/. I need your help. I'm stuck in a 4e game currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: upsidedownayumi.jpg (63KB, 640x412px) Image search: [Google]
upsidedownayumi.jpg
63KB, 640x412px
Hey /tg/. I need your help. I'm stuck in a 4e game currently that is becoming more and more unpleasant as time goes on.

Basically, the GM is that kind of guy. He's obnoxious, obsessed with the rules to an absurd degree even at the expense of fun, blocks most attempts at roleplay that he doesn't railroad into place, and forces us to minmax.

I need advice on making the most broken fucking character possible below level 9. Any would be greatly appreciated, even just a general pointer in the right direction of class or something.
>>
>>49629094
Sounds like a pain, drop the campaign and spend 4hrs of that day doing something you enjoy like posting cute anime girls on /tg/.

Alternatively look up charger builds or winterfrost builds.
>>
>>49629094

Charging barbarians are pretty good.

Also take a look at the Leomund’s Secret Chest ritual. More on that here (starting at post 72)
>http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?81697-4e-Wizards-are-not-Strikers/page3
>>
>>49629131
will look into those
>>
>>49629094
Just fucking leave the cunt and go play a game you like, you wanker.
>>
>>49629094
Theres no way to win that anon.

If you out minmax/powergame/ruleslawyer the DM, he will just pull the DM card.
>>
>>49629316

Shit that never happened.
>>
>>49629323
Yeah, pretty much this.
>>
>>49629323
>>49629366
You underestimate his autism for the rulebook. Believe me, barring there being some sort of Pun-Pun style absurdity, he'll grit his teeth and allow it.
>>
>>49629501
>pun-pun

To this day I don't understand that meme. It required that you play a non-player race and jump though several discretionary hoops.
>>
>>49629501
You're playing 4e. There isn't anything like that.

And you don't understand the problem, anyway. You speg out and do some bullshit? He uses the same rules and throws them right back at you. This isn't hard.

Just drop the fucking game.
>>
>>49629501
You realise that anything you make, a GM can take, add a few levels on top and throw it back?
>>
File: man up.jpg (27KB, 400x278px) Image search: [Google]
man up.jpg
27KB, 400x278px
>>49629094
>I'm stuck
No you're not.
>>
>>49629094
sauce?
>>
>>49632394
That'd make him quite an asshole DM, seeing how 4e monsters don't use class levels of any sort.

He could grab the mechanics, I guess.
>>
>>49629094
There's nothing super broken before paragon tier
There's one combo I'm fond of though

Brutal rogue, knockout + action point + bloodbath. (remember to NOT use sneak attack with knockout)

Knockout renders your opponent helpless, meaning you can coup de grace them with any attack, so you coup de grace them with bloodbath. Bloodbath deals ongoing damage equal to your sneak attack damage dealt, and sneak attack damage is maximized on a critical hit, so you deal a huge amount of ongoing damage (typically about 20 for a standard brutal scoundrel, which is quite a bit in heroic tier)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.