[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does your wizard [or other magic using character] use their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1469387281404.jpg (130KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469387281404.jpg
130KB, 1000x1000px
How does your wizard [or other magic using character] use their magic to improve their daily life?

I like to take spells that would be useful in normal life in addition to those that are ONLY useful when you need to melt someone's face off.

For example, I once played as a Nomad Psion who used her powers for everything. It was rare for her to use doors because she'd just 'port' out windows when she wanted to be outside or inside. Also used energy splash to heat drinks/pots/etc, telekinesis to avoid getting up, crystal light to read by, etc.

Honestly people underestimate in general just how great it would be to have magic in a world without advanced technology. Am I the only person here who takes Unseen Servant just because that is literally the best non-combat spell, letting a mage live like a NEET?
>>
Bump for discussion.
>>
File: 1475022426242.jpg (9KB, 120x182px) Image search: [Google]
1475022426242.jpg
9KB, 120x182px
Bump
>>
>>49628364
I've never thought of it that way. That would be neat.

But I don't have much to add. I just make diplomancers in whatever game my friends want to play and then never play because no one has the time.
>>
>>49628364
My wizard has certain practical magical skills, like mystically warding off vermin from an area, fixing small objects, and psychometry. Still, he doesn't overuse them in his everyday life, since he sees his magic as principally a spiritual practice, and wants to keep it on the down-low in his normal social circles. ("Witches" aren't illegal or anything, but he nevertheless expects to be taken for a freak for it.)
>>
By casting fireball.
>>
>>49629623
Explain the system/setting?
>>
>>49629892
We were using D&D 4th Edition for the system (Rituals are pretty cool, actually.) and the setting is a homebrew thing. My character is a middle-class human in a city where half-elves are on top (sort of a long story) and he's part of small cult of... basically pyromancers. Most of them just want to meet up on weekends and be one with the flow of magic through the world or whatever, but my character does some adventuring on the side in addition to his normie life selling candles in the market.
>>
File: 1466122128642.jpg (164KB, 900x804px) Image search: [Google]
1466122128642.jpg
164KB, 900x804px
>>49628364
Prestidigitation is basically THE spell for this, so all of my magic characters take it. You can clean yourself or your clothes, chill drinks, warm and flavor food, make your own background music, produce small lights or light small fires, pretty much anything. One of my characters would use it to change her hair color every few hours, just because.

Unseen Servant can bring you stuff and serve you, but I prefer prefer Prestiditation for sheer NEET life.
>>
>>49628364
Unseen Crafters for cooking your food and making knick nacks and shit.

Unseen Servant to fetch your shit.

Dedicated Wrights to do all your crafting for you as you study. Just have to spend some time imbueing them with magic and then leave em to their devices
>>
>>49628364

Preserve your food with gentle repose.
>>
File: 1469477354525.jpg (135KB, 800x934px) Image search: [Google]
1469477354525.jpg
135KB, 800x934px
Bump
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.