[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The mythical creature we call the Zombie was always meant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

>The mythical creature we call the Zombie was always meant to have a deeper spiritual and metaphorical meaning.

Why zombies? Why not goblins?
>>
Because humans are afraid of dead things.
>>
>>49623065
This is a dumb thread, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Zombies are a metaphor for how humanity would interact with itself as the other, assuming the other can eat people. By stripping the "humanness" from the human form, you're left with something that is intrinsically human, but somehow not.

It's an interesting scenario, but now zombie just analogous with "normal people" and "mob mentality", so you lose some of it in translation to retards.
>>
>>49623065

Zombies are a convenient way to introduce guilt-free violence into the game.
>>
Goblins don't have that psychological impact of "The thing before my trying to kill me and eat me used to be a person just like me"
>>
>>49623065
Because zombies have been conflated with ghouls
>>
>>49623065
The things we call zombies nowadays used to be called vampyres.
The things we call vampires nowadays didn't really exist (beyond the general concept of blood sucking), it was pretty much made up wholecloth by John William Polidori out of a hodgepodge of various mythological and apocryphal sources.
The original zombi was just meant to be the servant of a bokor, the practitioners of vodou black magic.
>>
Zombies were just servants of African witches

Like owls, baboons, and hyenas
>>
>>49623538
You being too dumb to understand something doesn't make it dumb.
>>
>>49629601
>implying you have the reading comprehension to understand what I said
Fuck you anon.
>>
>>49628718
Aren't african zombies still alive but brainwashed by some voodoo cocktail?
>>
At least it's not an interpretation where their perceptions have been altered to see undeath as a good thing - and thus, to think they're helping by biting you.
>>
>>49623065
>Why not goblins?
What?

Pretty much all mythological creatures originally had a deeper spiritual and metaphorical meaning than we ascribe them today.
>>
>>49628590
>The things we call zombies nowadays used to be called vampyres.
That's an enormous simplification. Vampires in folklore--much like all other mythological creatures--are incredibly hard to define, and the descriptions of them often overlap a great deal with other creatures from folklore such as witches and werewolves, and a lot of times they were invicible spirits.
>>
>>49625008
This, and mostly in videogames.
>>
>>49623065
Gonna bother saying where the fuck your greentext quote comes from? Perhaps a logical argument for it supported by evidence? Or are we just supposed to assume your premise on blind faith?
>>
OG zombie myths are basically an allegory for slavery and man's inhumanity to man etc

Night of the Living Dead even called them ghouls, not zombies.
>>
>>49633436

Source: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/07/06/nyaff-review-seoul-station-goes-for-the-jugular

Doesn't really go deep or anything though
>>
>>49623065

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/10/how-america-erased-the-tragic-history-of-the-zombie/412264/

"The zombie archetype, as it appeared in Haiti and mirrored the inhumanity that existed there from 1625 to around 1800, was a projection of the African slaves’ relentless misery and subjugation. Haitian slaves believed that dying would release them back to lan guinée, literally Guinea, or Africa in general, a kind of afterlife where they could be free. Though suicide was common among slaves, those who took their own lives wouldn’t be allowed to return to lan guinée. Instead, they’d be condemned to skulk the Hispaniola plantations for eternity, an undead slave at once denied their own bodies and yet trapped inside them—a soulless zombie."
>>
>>49629914
Do you really belive that writing like someone who studied a meme-tier field makes you sound smart?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.