[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, Warhammer: Vermintide launches on consoles tomorrow. >Retuned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Vermintide.jpg (670KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vermintide.jpg
670KB, 1920x1080px
So, Warhammer: Vermintide launches on consoles tomorrow.

>Retuned loot system so grinding isn't as much of a chore but still necessary of course
>All DLC from the PC released included
>Supposed to run at about the same level as the 'high' settings for PCs in terms of graphical power (framerates, I am sure, will be worse because that is par for the course really)
>Possible crossplay support if it takes off well enough confirmed by FatShark

I never played it on the PC because I use laptops and it is always shitty for gaming.

For the PCbros who played it, how is it?

I am a big Warhammer (fantasy not 40k amazingly enough) and the skaven are some of my favorite villains. I never got into L4D because of the PC issue mentioned previously and not supporting the brick-factory that was Xbox 360 back when it launched on that console.

Is it fun? Is it stupid? Is it worth $40 with everything I mentioned?
>>
>Is it fun?

Yeah, actually. One of the better co-op games in the past few years.

>Is it stupid?

Absolutely. You are fantasy characters mowing down giant rat-men who use gatling guns and shit. It is Warhammer, which makes it amazingly stupid in a great way.

>Is it worth $40?

Meh. It has a good chunk of maps (18 with all the DLC) and they play well enough for the most part, but there is literally only one gameplay type and it can be pretty damn tough on some stages even if your crew has their shit together.

I would say $20 is a definite buy, but $40 is a bit much for something so reliant on having a good group of players to make the most out of it. You also better like grinding. Fun grinding, but grinding none the less.
>>
Shit, I accidentally posted this in /tg/.

My bad, meant to put in on /v/.

Feel free to ignore this thread until it is gone.
>>
>>49620349
Well /tg/ is the home of Warhammer love. You'd probably get a more comprehensive review here than on /v/, where they hate games.
>>
>>49620204
If you have some friends to play with, it's great fun and well worth it.
If not, perhaps only if you're a huge Warhammer fan. It's probably the best researched GW videogame I've played, but since it's all co op, public games just aren't the same.
>>
>>49620810

Amazingly enough /v/ actually liked this game.
>>
>>49621281
Between this and Deathwing, GW IPs are proving to be real solid on the FPS front.

FTW GG 40K WHFB GTG
>>
>>49621648

I don't know about deathwing.

Any good?
>>
>>49624231
Hasn't come out yet, but based on the videos we have it looks good.

Then again, they've yet to release unedited/unscripted gameplay footage, so I'm holding out on a preorder.
>>
>>49624231
Well it's not out yet, but it looks more promising and fleshed out than Eternal Crusade ever did. Could be shit, but I've got high hopes.
>>
>>49624609
>they've yet to release unedited/unscripted gameplay footage

You know it's gonna be at least a bit clunky, but I'm hoping it's clunky in the comedic way. I'm expecting animation glitches and possibly retarded AI.
>>
>>49620204
It's a fun enough ride, OP

>The good
The melee combat is incredibly satisfying, and actually requires skill to master as opposed to constant mashing (Though that can coast you through the lower difficulties)

The Skaven are pretty smart. They hide when they're alone, go for flanking movements, attack from the rear, Co-Ordinate with specials etc.

The character banter is great, and well performed on all fronts. It's worth deliberately missing with grenades just to hear them take the piss out of each other

>The mixed
While many builds are viable for each character, some weapons are objectively worse and pretty much pointless. They can be fun for lower difficulty runs or challenging, but on Nightmare and above, there's a few weapons you simply can't afford to risk taking.

You definitely need teamwork. Unlike l4d, where someone good enough can go it alone, you WILL get overwhelmed on Hard or above if you try lone wolfing, or if you're grouping with mongs. While this is great and satisfying when working with competent people, it does mean that Hard is usually more difficult than Nightmare in Pub groups, simply because the chance of a dumbass related down chain is so much higher.

>the bad
The loot system is an utter ballache. It can take ages to get the weapons you want, even longer to get the traits you want, and longer still to activate them
Given that no characters share weapons, and that better quality weapons deal more damage inherently, it means you can get gated out of the higher difficulties if your main isn't available.
>>
It's an okay game, feels a little too l4d to me, but if you enjoy that sorta thing go for it.
>>
>>49624848
That was always great in Vermintide.

You saw shit like Globadiers suicide bombing the wrong targets, gunners shooting themselves, and Gutter runners suddenly having the gravity turned off and ascending unto the heavens
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.