[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick /tg/, you need to portray a character right now! Do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1474745112232.jpg (77KB, 711x529px) Image search: [Google]
1474745112232.jpg
77KB, 711x529px
Quick /tg/, you need to portray a character right now! Do you do anything different with your voice/speech to create this character?

My go to is the generic eastern European accent
>>
>>49620062
>Fantasy & Sci-fi setting
Lose the accent and sound as South European as I can
>Modern setting
Go full Joyce or Oirish
>>
>>49620062
All the time. I change accent, and speech cadence, when appropriate.
>Cheerful, boisterous Slav Drow
>Mellow, easygoing Latino Half-Elf Ranger
>Uptight, self-absorbed Roman Half-Elf Sorcerer
>Amiable, intelligent, English Sylvain Wizard
>Brusque, cantankerous Nordic Jayan Weaponmaster

And don't get me started on my GMing.
>>
>>49620062
I refuse to do accents.

I am not an actor, I do not have a good voice.

It would obliterate all drama and fill the air with an awkward tension if I tried to do accents.
>>
>>49620062
I always default to Received Pronunciation because I'm a posh faggot
>>
>>49620062
>my go-to
You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>49620062

This actually reminds me of my current character. I'm playing a Michael Weston-esque spy for hire, so I like to use accents and speech patterns whenever I'm using some kind of cover.

Last time I tried to do a Boston accent for some random street vagabond who was supposed to distract a guy while we bugged his phone. Wound up being less Boston and more Jimmy Stewart.
>>
>>49620062
Middle-class English accent or cockney accent.

I'm a Canuckfag but I spent 6 months on each one for 2 different theatre productions that a solid amount of my grade 12 average depended on. My friend's very English grandparents, the ones who were visiting from London for the week, thought I was English and asked me where I was from and why hadn't my friend mentioned that I was from England before
>>
My first attempt at roleplaying involved a character with an ever-changing voice as I searched for what they should sound like. A few funny comments from my friends here and there, and occasional praise, too, once I found it. In retrospect, I cringe a little. He sounded like someone who would ask if you go to the Cloud District very often. Oh, what am I saying? Of course you don't.
>>
Round of my Rs, straighten my back, and frown.

y'all all are pleb af
>>
As DM, I have created a few "Characters" that I use in variety
Mr. Candide, my (American) Southern Aristocrat
Henry, the English lad
Reginald, the pish-posh Victorian gentleman
Yuri Invanskonov Unchkvarski, the Slav
Paddy McFlannigan, the Irish
Dieter, the gay german
A mish-match that's kinda Italian and Spanish at times
And then I have some variations based on characters from vidya, like trying to imitate Cairne Bloodhoof for my minotaurs, the Warcraft 2 Knight for royal guards, and so on
>>
Deep voice, vaguely russian accent, commanding and carrying tone.
>>
File: AKU.jpg (148KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
AKU.jpg
148KB, 800x598px
>Quick /tg/, you need to portray a character right now!
Funny story about that...

>be on plot team for a LARP
>this event's plot is based on the oni masks from Jackie Chan Adventures
>resting at plot camp after being exhausted from being a miniboss
>door suddenly slams open

>"Anon! Our final boss hurt himself and has to be driven to the hospital! Can you be the final boss? You speak Japanese!"
"Not since fucking highschool."
>"Whatever! We need a kabuki supervillain! Do whatever it takes!"
"I'm kind of beat"
>"We can work with that, come on!"

>get rushed to makeup tent
>face is painted like a kabuki hero
>rushed to the dungeon module
>stuck inside a force field made of transparent mesh
>"You don't have to fight, just monologue and yell Japanese-y things while your minions fight the good guys and they figure out how to remove your magical barrier, then die like a bitch"

>Idea
>Spend the next hour talking like Aku at 200% volume so it echoes
>alternating between yelling random praises to the dark gods in japanese and insulting the 'FOOOLISH HEROES FOR OPPOOOSING ME!"
>waving arms like Yoshimitsu
>laughing at the efforts of the heroes
>Barrier goes down
>scream as I get stabbed
>literally can't talk above a whisper for the next full day afterwards.

Fucking be careful with the voices.
>>
File: iunno.jpg (36KB, 550x438px) Image search: [Google]
iunno.jpg
36KB, 550x438px
>>49622845

>You're playing pretend wrong

Sure
>>
>>49624408
his wife was alirght
>>
File: UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I remember that movie for no other reason than it was made at a time when rollerblading was cool
>>
>>49620062
Fuck, I had this happen at a LARP.

>go to first larp ever
>dressed in pirate attire, character is a rogue by class, specializes in trading contraband
>relatively low combat stats, but annoyingly fun toys and high charisma
>Gear up and go to play
>shit i don't have a tone for him
>another character starts to talk to me
>respond in the best scotsman accent i can
>it goes over really well, character held the voice till I stopped playing with that group.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.