[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/, I'm an absolute Dumbass, but the good news is you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 47

File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 345x146px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 345x146px
/tg/, I'm an absolute Dumbass, but the good news is you're probably going to benefit from my fuck up.
>>
>>49612404
Well? Fucking tell us
>>
you forgot to put your trip on, Hiro
>>
You have my attention
>>
>>49612404
>fuck up thread
>404

Oh shit we're in for a ride.
>>
>>49612436
I normally take a 10mg dose of Adderall daily, help me focused on my college courses.

Today I took a separate 50mg dose, because I thought I had a massive test due at midnight, and needed to cram. This is the stuff I usually reserve for Finals. The huge test turned out to be an online quiz of ten questions, which I breezed through.

It gets worse though. And I promise this gets /tg/ related.
>>
>>49612485
See, I'm 20 years old, 5'4", and weigh a little over 120 lbs on a good day.

I can't handle liquor, because I get blackout drunk way too easily, and I can't handle coffee either, because I get jittery after drinking a Mountain Dew.

I downed an entire Monster Energy drink, the kind with well over 250mg of caffeine in it.

I feel remarkably... calm.
>>
>>49612608
You know what you must do
>>
>>49612608
>>49612622
So, yeah, I'm hopped up on Adderall and More Caffeine than I should be able to handle.

I'm also a CS major with a fetish for Game mechanics and system design.

How does /tg/ want to use their one man think tank?
>>
Just call 911 now. Save yourself the trouble of dealing with phone dials after the inevitable stroke fucks up your motor functions.
>>
>>49612638
Delta Green game gogogo
>>49593047
>>
>>49612638
Make us a Calvin and Hobbes Tabletop Game!
>>
>>49612694
This.
>>
>>49612694
Ok, now you get a bump
>>
>>49612404
A mecha system that isn't complicated as fuck!
>>
>>49612694
wouldn't that just devolve into people throwing dice at each other?
>>
File: calvinball 40k.jpg (59KB, 595x417px) Image search: [Google]
calvinball 40k.jpg
59KB, 595x417px
>>49612694
A third the motion.
>>
>>49612694
Calvinball
>>
>>49612694
Sounds great. Get on it OP.
>>
>>49612404
Something pirate related!
>>
>>49612694
>>49612825
>>49612867

I like this one, so I'm going to go with this one.

Basic premise off the top of my head is that everyone is Calvin, or Calvin Duplicates. Everyone gets benefits for being a different Calvin. Original Calvin gets Hobbes, who's a total Bro. Someone gets to be Spiff, or gets to be one of Calvin's runaway fantasies. Calvins do not get along as a general rule(Read: Everyone is Chaotic Selfish by default)

GM is usually in control of a Renegade Calvin, or Mom, or Susie, or a Teacher, or a Homicidal Snowman. You get the idea. Things get weird when Calvin's imagination gets involved, letting the GM get into crazy shit.

Some games could be PvP, to see who gets to become the Calvin that continues to exist. Other times they're all forced to band together to take down the greater threat.

Opinions so far?
>>
File: 1340045160016s.jpg (12KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1340045160016s.jpg
12KB, 240x250px
>>49613004
lovin it
>>
>>49613004
good keep going
>>
>>49613034
>>49613055

Alright. A Lazy me would just say use Savage Worlds and Supplement, and add in the effect of Bennies being able to work like Fate Points/Plot Points. Spending them to add a new story element, plot twist, etc. In order to represent Calvin's imagination.(you would get an exorbitant number of these when you play Calvinball, and each point could be spent to introduce a new rule to the game)

Even Lazier me would just tack a similar concept onto Risus and be done with it.

However, I'm thinking we need to build this from the ground up. I'm not to fond of dicepool systems(seem like too much of an easy way out) any ideas?
>>
>>49613004
Keep going, mentat anon!
>>
>>49612404
Can you see God yet?
>>
>>49613148
Try stuffing an everyman's deck of 52 two jokers optional, Hobbes points? cards into the rules. You get a number of "imagination points" or whatever for the number on the card, with exceptions of faces and aces. For bonus fuckery, have the rules for how many points you can get be altered by spending a flat amount of points, with the limitation that having rules be really simple I don't want anything much longer than "point values are doubled"
>>
>>49613004
Everyone is calvin
>>
>>49613329
I considered using the Everyone is John Rules, but I realized that would be more fun for a GM that loves to improv than anyone else.

>>49613232
Not sure. One thing I do know is that there's some pale figment in the corner of my eye. He's giving me the thumbs up, and telling me that maybe I should play Dwarf Fortress after this. I think it's Tzeentch.
>>
>>49613415
Try lifting shit with your mind.
>>
>>49613289
That seems more like a mechanic for a diceless System made for improv storytelling, with combat and conflict resolution being resolved through a blackjack like mechanic. Not exactly the kind of thing we're looking for.
>>
>>49613415
>Not sure. One thing I do know is that there's some pale figment in the corner of my eye. He's giving me the thumbs up, and telling me that maybe I should play Dwarf Fortress after this. I think it's Tzeentch.

I once went without sleep for 48 hours, and around the 36 hour mark I felt remarkably calm, awake, and aware of every fiber of my being.
The walls also moved as if there were worms beneath their surface, and ethereal angels floated in the fog on my mirrors, reaching out towards me.
Are you experiencing anything similar to that?
>>
>>49613415
Tell Tzeentch he still owes me the soul of Albert Einstein, fucker lost a bet over Brexit and still hasn't paid me my dues.
>>
>>49613481
Nope, just the Tzeentch thing. Also my typing speed has doubled.

>>49613493
I did and he just flipped me off. What a dick.
>>
>>49613518
Try making a bargain for unimaginable psychic power.
>>
>>49613563
Too late, he already left. Besides, I've read enough lore to know what happens when you make deals with Tzeentch.

Ok, so here's an idea I've been pitching around, but probably won't use. I'll send it out here anyway.

D100 dice rolling. You have a few basic stats, which you get to set target numbers in but each stat represents two opposite concepts.

Mechanic is Roll Under AND roll over, in a Lazers and Feelings style. Calvins would have one stat represent Imagination/Common Sense. Whenever you want to roll for imagination you roll under, while common sense you roll over.

Comic book Calvin probably would have an imagination of 85, maybe 90.

Idk, this mechanic would probably be better for a Spelcraft system where all magic is opposite one another, as in Creation/Destruction magic.
>>
>>49613148
calvinball supplement when
>>
>>49613895
After the game is finished. In the meantime check this out. Don't go anywhere else on the site, it's cancer.

>>http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Calvinball
>>
>>49613962
I like the Weapons That Don't Exist But Should page.
>>
An Update: I experienced Mild Synesthesia(has actually occurred once before when I was sleep deprived) and the acid reflux kicked in, so I took an antacid. I'll spend the night working on Calvin and Hobbes: the tabletop RPG(not like I'm actually getting some sleep tonight anyway) and deliver it tomorrow. In the meantime use this thread for whatever. Keep me entertained as I go off into this quiet, insomniac night.
>>
>>49614881
>Keep me entertained as I go off into this quiet, insomniac night.
you will soon enter the australia zone
>>
File: 1373271706863.jpg (102KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1373271706863.jpg
102KB, 500x647px
>>49614881
Entering the Twilite Zone and Cthulhuspeed to ye.
>>
File: Pepsi Mindfuck.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Pepsi Mindfuck.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Posting "inspirational" materials.
>>
File: 1472434911614.png (47KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1472434911614.png
47KB, 200x200px
>Today I took a separate 50mg dose
You what?
A 50mg dose of Adderall?
15mg is plenty for me, and I am 5'9" and 130 lbs.
Let us know if you survive, OP
>>
File: !!!everything is awesome.gif (2MB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
!!!everything is awesome.gif
2MB, 446x251px
>>49614881
>working on Calvin and Hobbes: the tabletop RPG
>>
>>49613731
So combine that with the Hobbes Points (AKA "Fuck-you-I-Want-This" points).
For the physical/social health mechanic, there's the question of hard number vs penalty track, or even just a series of complications - but complications might b better used in a different context.
If we term the HP mechanic "Coherency" (as in, how coherent of a fantasy calvin you are) and use it as hard numbers, complications could be introduced as a penalty track that requires stunting to negate on rolls.
I don't know, but that's my $0.02
>>
>>49615912
what the fuck???
>>
>>49616866
Everything is circles. Pepsi aims to utilize the power of circles to take control of the galaxy.

That's some real Hound of Tindalos Shit right there.
>>
>>49616866
It's a tome of madness.
>>
>>49616410
Calvin's fantasies only end when he's caught. What if the core mechanic isn't how much health you have, but how close you are to being caught by Parent/Teacher/Monster etc.
>>
>>49615912
>>49616866
>>49616992

So uh, I read the... thing... here, and it appears that I actually grok this document. Like, deeply and completely understand the document and what they're going for.

Should I be concerned? Or afraid?
>>
>>49617007
This. This is how HP should be handled in a C&H rpg.
>>
>>49617079
You gonna get Delta Green'd, m8.
>>
>>49617079
OP here. Possibly? Like >>49616983 said, it smacks of Tindalos way too much with the incessant circle talk. I mean, it honestly makes me think of a Delta Green/Shadowrun crossover. Then again, I tasted colors a few hours ago, so I'm not exactly your best opinion.

>>49617007
>>49617120
Using this.
>>
>>49617079
Who are we to say madness is a curse? Embrace it, anon.
>>
Bonuses should be applied for creative use of calvinisms:
SpiffCalvin should be narrating everything post space-opera reiterpretations (MomGM gives him his dinner? "The Bloochnark fires its corrosive gloop at Spiff, but he dodges beneath a rocky overhang!" Under the table.)
Calvin begins a philosophical soliloquy while hurtling towards certain maiming? Walk away a bit dirty.
Etc.
>>
>>49617283
Too subject to opionion man.
Unless you have a reaaly cool group.
With exacting humour etc
>>
>>49617079
>grok
People actually use this as a term? Still? I would have thought this would have died out by now, like doublespeak.
>>
In this thread lies madness and Calvinism&Hobbesism.
I shall monitor it with great interest.
And, I shall bump it by sharing suitable madness.
The other day, while looking through photos, I came to realization that neither me, nor my wife had ever realized:
Her high school boyfriend exactly resembles this man >>49615822
I shall provide evidence at the earliest opportunity, for the photos were put in storage directly after.
>>
If you get time before you come down, please fix 40k OP.

If we can get the rules optimized in a nice little PDF with an update to all armies for internal balance, that'd be swell.

I expect a report on my desk by 4:45 PM BST.
>>
>>49615912
Where did this come from? Whats the sauce?
>>
>>49619677
Actual Pepsi document, beyond that, I'm not sure.
>>
>>49615912
I feel uncomfortable reading this, as if there's something fundamentally wrong with the information contained within the document itself.

No man should read this.
>>
>>49612638
END-LESS LE-GEND
or Dune
>>
OP here. 13 hours later, and I finally feel sleep overtaking me. It was a weird night. The game is about 70% complete. I'll try and finish it up after I wake up, and post it either today or tomorrow. I basically spent the night working on it and reading through every webcomic on the internet. Here's two worth mentioning:

http://shawntionary.com/clockworks/?p=1636
Steampunk fantasy that isn't Gear Fetish. Includes a tabletop RPG built around the setting. Definitely worth a look.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150408063436/http://lovecraftismissing.com/?p=930
The title is Lovecraft is missing. The original site no longer exists, and the author died in 2011, so you have to read it through the Web archive. I'm not even sure how I found it, and that frightens me, especially considering the content.
>>
>>49620078
Hey thanks man. Sleep well.
>>
Hey all! This is OP's best friend, as well as his current GM. OP basically filled me in on all the details, and charged me with keeping this thread alive, as well as taking any suggestion you may have. Postem and I'll pass them along. Looks like he's going on another one of his game design binges. Well, I can't argue against a Calvin and Hobbes RPG.

But, let's be honest here. The RPG is just a bonus. What you guys are really here for are stories on what it must be like gaming with the sort of person who takes a 50mg Adderall dosage, then downs a can of Monster, then decides the best course of action is to use this godly focus to design a Tabletop RPG,

Ask your questions about OP, and I'll answer as best as I can. If no one has any particular prompts, I'll provide my own anecdotes and stories of him.
>>
>>49620766
>This is OP's best friend, as well as his current GM. OP basically filled me in on all the details, and charged me with keeping this thread alive
>My immediate question is what sort of person goes on a stimulant fueled binge of activity then passes out and in his final waking moments charges his best friend to keep a thread on /tg/ alive, not to keep him alive?
Also, the best story of him pulling shit out of his ass, please.
>>
Those Adderall Ad's get smarter with every passing day.
>>
>>49618814
"Grok this" is a lot quicker to say than "understand this on an instinctual level".
>>
>what sort of person goes on a stimulant fueled binge of activity then passes out and in his final waking moments charges his best friend to keep a thread on /tg/ alive, not to keep him alive?
50mg isn't that ridiculous for him. He takes it during midterms and finals, and he basically doesn't sleep the day afterwards. It's hell on him, but he gets pretty good grades out of it, so it works. The Monster on the other hand... that's another story. He told me he got the Shits from it, and He said he was coming back from the Nurse, and didn't seem too worried, so I'm guessing he'll sleep it off. I'll check back on him later today.

>Also, the best story of him pulling shit out of his ass, please.
Which One? No, Seriously, he's that kinda guy.

Things you need to know about OP:
1. He believes in Dice superstition. He's got this one d20 he uses, an that's All he uses. Doesn't let anyone touch it. He told me that it rolled a nat 20 when he first rolled it in the store, he bought it, then proceeded to spend 36 hours keeping it on his person. Now, all that might be a little ridiculous... Except for the fact that HIS DICE LUCK IS INSANE. He rarely, if ever, rolls lower than 10. The times He's Crit-Failed are more significant than the times he's gotten a Nat-20, simply because they're that rare.

2. He's not That Guy, but he is an incorrigible Powergamer. Like he said, he loves Game Design and Mechanics. He loves to optimize his characters, and the frustrating part is that he doesn't optimize like you normally would. He'll exploit mechanics in weird ways. We've been playing a D&D 5e campaign for the last year, playing 3 characters, and all of them are frustrating to deal with(as the GM, the players Love his anticx) His current one is a Divination wizard with the Lucky and War Caster Feats, optimized for CC/Concentration spells. This is actually his most tame character. The other two... There's the Evil Warlock, and then There's... Jax. Fucking Jax.
>>
>>49621137
>There's... Jax. Fucking Jax.
STORYTIME

NAOW
>>
>>49621137
Incoming post about the Warlock. Jax I'll save for later.

"To all of you who want to point at 5e and say "there's your problem", shut up. I've heard your arguments, and between me and OP, we've actually managed to fix most of the serious flaws 5e has. Ask and I may tell you what we've done.
>>
File: Inquisitor Costanza.png (223KB, 581x506px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitor Costanza.png
223KB, 581x506px
>>49612638
Fucking Fix and Finish Chapter Master
>>
>>49621177
Ok, so the Warlock doesn't have any stories to him, just the way he's built... and the fact that it exploits the Actor feat. Everyone who's played 5e knows that the Warlock and the Actor feat go really well together. Warlocks can gain the ability to cast Disguise Self(and later Alter Self) at-will. The Actor Feat lets you mimic anyone's voice after listening to them for a minute, and gives Advantage on all checks to impersonate someone.

OP figured out another possible exploit. In case you haven't guessed already, he loves Lovecraft, and couldn't resist playing as an Old One Pact Warlock. At first level they get an ability called Awakened Mind, which reads as follows:
>Starting at 1st level, your alien knowledge gives you have the ability to touch the minds of other creatures. You can communicate telepathically with any creature you
can see within 30 feet of you. You don't need to share a language with the creature for it to understand your telepathic utterances, but the creature must be able to understand at least one language.

OP decides to make his character a polyglot. I think that he ended up with like 8 languages he could speak. He also took a level in rogue(all of his characters have that level in Rogue, Damn that expertise)

Now here's the part that you guys will heckle me for. Personally, I thought it was clever, so I allowed it.
1. Using the Actor feat, the Warlock memorizes the speech patterns of his target.
2. OP comes up with a phrase or thought that he wants to use on the target.

Here's the tricky part:
3. Using Awakened Mind, Warlock injects the thought into Target's mind, mimicking the target's speech patterns and language as if it were the target making the thought. Using Advantage from the Actor feat and Expertise in Persuasion and Deception, he's almost guaranteed to make a passing check.

TL;DR, OP figured out how to cast Suggestion at-will. We call this build the Inceptor. All of his characters are like this in some way or other.
>>
>>49621671
Alright, any further questions before I get into the tale of Jax, the world's greatest headache of a character?

Actually, I'll give anyone props if they can guess which official D&D setting we run in, given the info we've provided so far. Actually, those Webcomics he's posted give a pretty good idea.
>>
>>49621671
What the actual fuck
>>
>>49621671
So if he's in combat (unless he sneaks up on the enemy and listens to them for 1 minute) he has to wait 10 rounds (1 minute, during which the enemy dosen't necessairly have to talk) to be able to use this "ability"?
Dosen't seem so useful to me.
Still a great idea, though.
>>
>>49621671
Oh lord, the fuckery he could do with that, I dare to imagine. A bard in 3.5 was already headache inducing, I pity the DM.
>>
>>49621671
God fucking dammit, this is why I'm tilted towards magicless systems.
>>
>>49622007
You're forgetting that he's still a warlock. On top of all of this he can still Eldritch Blast his way through fights, and yes, he did take Agonizing Blast. Plus, that Expertise in persuasion and Deception, he was basically the face of the party

>>49622032
That would be me. And we haven't used the Warlock much. Though I've no doubt he's almost as Headache inducing as... Jax.

>>49622230
Believe me, Magic doesn't matter. He'll find a way, no matter the system.
>>
>>49621671
This is fucking retarded, and not 'clever' at all. YOU are fucking retarded for allowing this retarded bullshit.
>>
>>49622292
I didn't say he was useless in combat, i just said that he would have to wait at least 10 turns to use this gimmick, which makes it pretty useless in my opinion.
>>49622338
And what this dude's saying is right. It's pretty retarded, thoughts don't really work that way, especially during combat. When fighting it's more of an instinct thing. You don't think "oh, now i'll parry this guy's sword", you just visualize the movement you're gonna do and do it. Unless you're an unexperienced and scared fighter, then that may work.
>>
>>49622459
Intrusive thoughts are a thing.

"Hey, you know what would be awesome? If we burnt down an orphanage!" "What? No! Why would I ever- No!"

But for most people, that WILL BE THE END OF IT.

It would need to be something he was going to do anyway.

This, though? "It's just suggestion at will, enjoy!" Retarded as hell.
>>
>>49622459
Well, you could still probably induce some behaviors. If it's nothing insane there's still a chance the victim would follow it thinking it was a good idea.
>>
>>49622338
>>49622459
It's not a combat ability. It's a Social ability. He never used it in combat, and acted as the Face of the Party. Allowing it in combat would be ridiculous.

Besides, this is all RAW, except for the interpretation of Awakened Mind. There was some discussion as to whether someone immediately recognizes foreign thoughts as not their own, but with the Actor feat and the Abundance of languages he had, I let it slide.

Let me ask you something. Do you have fun when you play? We do. He may be a power-gamer, but he also knows how to create a decent backstory, and Role-play his characters. He also pays for his portion of the food, and does his share of GM-ing when he can. Besides, he used this for the benefit of the party, and with the exception of Jax, he never takes the spotlight that often. We have fun, and your shit opinion doesn't really matter.

>>49622537
Ah, I see. Yeah, I described it as Suggestion at-will. No, we did NOT just say it was a free cast of Suggestion. It was an extremely subtle way of convincing someone to do something. He could do something like "He seems Trustworthy" or "Grab that Sconce" and create the urge or impression to do something, but he couldn't cast full-blown suggestion.
>>
>>49622603
Hey, fuckface, if you don't want to be judged or called out on what people think are stupid calls?

Don't open your goddamn mouth. All you're doing is reinforcing my opnion that I'm glad I've never played with a single one of you.
>>
>>49622603
I'd personally put a lenient cap on it, like each sentence he puts into the other person's head is less convincing than the first, but I can't argue with some good fun.

Since you offered, and you seem to want to hold back on the infamous Jax, would you mind sharing a few of your 5e fixes? I'm currently in a 5e game myself with a GM that's a bro, figured on the chance you guys came up with something awesome I'd run it by him.
>>
>>49622603
Now that you explained it better, i get it, and as i said before, it is a good idea.
I'm sorry for coming up as a no-fun-allowed cunt, but i get triggered when i see stuff that apparently looks stupid or unrealistic.
It would be cool having a player as creative as OP.
Now start writing who or what this Jax dude is, you got me Curious.
>>
>>49622716
Not him, but I doubt you play with anyone.
>>
>>49622782
Alright. We play in 5e Eberron. Jax's full name happens to be Jaxtus d'Cannith, which should already give you a good idea as to what kind of Character he is, if you know anything about Eberron. For those who don't, Jax was built to be an Artificer, or a crafter of magic items.

I can already hear the more whiny posters bullshitting about me even considering Magic Item Crafting as a possibility. So, here's the bottom line Jax never made anything that was actually useful in combat. Instead, he mostly made Trinkets and uncommon magic items. You know the useless magic items threads on here? That's the kind of stuff Jax made. Fun magic items, not boring stat bonuses and free spell-casting.

Gotta run to my next class. Expect more in a minute.
>>
>>49622913
>useless magic items threads
dis gon b gud
>>
>>49622773
Sure. Our biggest fix to 5e was working out the kinks in the Encounter Creation system. Well, I sat kinks, but reanlly it's more like it absolutely breaks down after 5th level. If you use it as is, you'll find that Players eventually take out supposedly Deadly Encounters with relative ease. Most people's solution is to add more encounters per long rest, increasing the general threat. That doesn't work in our campaigns, which are so Role-playing focused that we often go entire sessions without combat.

The solution we found was not our own, but this guide: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?367697-Encounter-difficulty-how-to-fix-it

OP took it a step further, and added modifiers for Magic Items by Rarity, meaning that our combat now takes into account Magic items, letting me be less of a hardass on how many items the DMs can hand out, as the DMG suggests. Kind of a necessity in Eberron.
>>
>>49623164
Can't use my laptop, so I won't get the actual story started for another hour or so. For now I'll just give you an idea of what Jax was capable of.

Jax started out as an Arcane Trickster. He took Expertise in Arcana and Investigation, and a Homebrew feat that cut the time and gold he needed to craft items in half, and gave him an extra tool proficiency. He also had the Mark of Making, for you Eberron fans. We alsp allowed him to modify his choice of spell schools. A normal player would choose a school like Evocation, instead of Enchantment and Illusion. OP chose Abjuration and Divination.
>>
>>49623361
>OP chose Abjuration and Divination.
...I can see where this is going.

Scry at will, anti-Scry on ALL THE TIME.

Also, "fuck you I'm immune to casters" items.
>>
>>49623402
Actually no. He never crafted "useful" items. Most of Jax's shenanigans came as a result of his actions out of combat. His spell-choice was based around Utility and being able to pull off weird stunts by modifying spells in weird ways. Also, because he had an 18 Int, plus the expertise, he never had less than a +8 to his Arcana checks.

I should also clarify, Modifying spells did not let you add Metamagic for free. He did things like using Detect Magic to lock on to the specific magic items he'd created, or expand the range of Detect Magic. Again, you always have to take 10 extra minutes to do it, making it useless in combat, and it always expended a spell slot on use.
>>
>>49623203
>That doesn't work in our campaigns, which are so Role-playing focused that we often go entire sessions without combat.
Same here, between the setting's factions and that divvied between all of the party members we've managed to find enough ins with almost all of them, we can usually talk our way out of/through anything that'd end up hostile. We literally have to go to other planes of existence read: other settings to have combat that doesn't feel like "Weren't we friends with these guys/their friends? Why're we fighting?"

I'm fairly certain our record for most sessions without combat that couldn't be freeformed to "I punch the shoplifter, encounter over" is easily over fifteen, which is one thing if you're a diplomancer, but another if you're a martial that's getting desperate enough for some murder hobo action that you ask the other players if they wanna PvP spar. Checking out the link now.
>OP took it a step further, and added modifiers for Magic Items by Rarity, meaning that our combat now takes into account Magic items, letting me be less of a hardass on how many items the DMs can hand out, as the DMG suggests.
I wouldn't mind seeing those too, trying to mix a high-magic setting with 5e's "magic items are a rarity" stance is tough, only mitigated by the fact that our base is in the middle of a sprawling metropolis with a mage's science guild a half-hour's walk away. Even then, we plow through all our encounters with such minor damages our bard can heal it off, so having some tweaks to compensate the pile of magic stuff wrapped around us might help add a bit of challenge but not too much challenge, the giant ant encounter is our in-joke cap for "this is how bad an encounter should ever go barring true boss fights".
>>
>>49624137
I'll see if I can't dig through my hard drive and find that doc for you.
>>
>>49617079
Can you explain it oh mad one?
>>
>>49615912
I figure if I drop a Redline I could explain this to /tg/, but the last time I drank one of those I ended up having to take medicine.
>>
>>49613148
>A Lazy me would just say use Savage Worlds
I like you
>However I'm thinking we need to build this from the ground up
I like you even more.
>>
>>49612485
>50mg
That's what I take every day my dude. It's not meme-tier.
>>
>>49615912
>>49615912
I love this document so much.
>>
File: At last, I truly see.jpg (53KB, 1219x742px) Image search: [Google]
At last, I truly see.jpg
53KB, 1219x742px
>>49615912
>>
>>49624391
>>49624460
I think I get it for the most part. But when they start comparing Pepsi to the universe for no real reason is where they lose me.
>>
>>49624923
The daily listed maximum dosage of Adderall for ADHD I found is 40 mg.
Am I looking at the wrong chart?
>>
>>49625169
Probably the drugs I use and adderall aren't 1:1 then. Adderall isn't popular in this country, so I use another amphetamine.
>>
File: ascendant.png (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ascendant.png
6KB, 250x250px
>>49615912
>>
File: Heretical.jpg (61KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
Heretical.jpg
61KB, 599x599px
>>49615912
You ever wonder if Chaos infiltrates the low-level members of the Imperium? Like, They get one guy, hates his desk job, offer him some glorious chaos, and then have him do his job, same as ever, but as a sleeper agent? Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is the result of something like that. Chaos Graphic Designer of Tzeentch.
>>
>>49625956
By the emperor, you've figured it out
>>
File: Jax.jpg (50KB, 465x755px) Image search: [Google]
Jax.jpg
50KB, 465x755px
>>49623609
Alright, Sorry this took a while. OP is Doing just fine. Tired as hell, and twice as hungry, but otherwise fine. He said he'll get on here later tonight.

The Party's first encounter with Jax was after some shenanigans involving dimensional travel(And one of our other Player's strong desire to run in his homebrew setting) I decided I needed to shake things up, so I pulled a 10 year time-skip on the group. Jax was working on an invention involving dimensional travel, and basically saved them from hurtling through the space between dimensions for all of eternity.(All planned by me and OP, so far so good) Then they actually met Jax. I knew he was going to be trouble from the get-go.

See, Jax was a total Magitech nut, and his device was going to be part of a festival display, a gathering of sorts for Arcanophiles of all shapes and sizes. People dressed up as famous wizards, Sorcerers, etc. People dressed up as Warforged for the hell of it(We all agreed that this would later be called Metal-face and be extremely offensive after the Warforged Civil Rights movement had occured)

In short, the first time they met Jax was at Thaumic-con, and his personality was that of an over-enthusiastic Con-goer with a mild case of Aspergers and a major case of ADHD.

In other words, he was annoying as hell.

Jax looks almost exactly like pic-related.
>>
>>49626264
Now, the first few sessions, nothing quite out of the ordinary happens. Then... The Forest incident. This one's a long one, it'll take a while to type out, but trust me, it's well worth it. Ask me anything else about Jax and I'll answer if I can.
>>
File: 1458385953685.png (39KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458385953685.png
39KB, 900x700px
>>49615912
Holy fuck m80
>>
Don't have time tonight for the Forest Story. I'll tell it tomorrow. Instead, I'll post the Train Chase.

Just before The party took a Lightning Rail to the Eldean Reaches. IC Jax and our party Bard had not gotten off on the right foot with each other. This led to Jax deciding that he needed to steal the Bard's hat, and play a game of keep away. This story, if any, displays OP'S Doce luck. The bard, she loved this hat (OP gave it to her when he was DM, it was a minor magical item that changed appearance to match the wearer's outfit) Jax taking it away was totally a dick move. It was also exactly what we needed to shake things up on the train ride. As soon as Jax had taken the hat, OP put on Yakkity Sax. Yeah, it was one of those chases. Chase scene ensues, and thus began Jax's first major streak of luck. The bard was doing everything she could to chase after Jax. Jax was a rogue, with a Dex of 18 (we rolled for stats, and again, OP is the champion of the dice gods) I had him roll around fifteen different checks within about a 5 minute period. He Critted. Five. Fucking. Times. And he never rolled below a 12. The last one was particularly amazing when I had three players roll a Dex save, and all of them simultaneously critted. OP warps the laws of probability around him.

Eventually though, he crit-failed on a grapple check, the bard crit-suceeded, and he basically got slammed into the ground. At least he's not infallible(I guess)
>>
File: 1468797471597.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1468797471597.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>>49621232
Fucking hell anon, you trying to get him whacked by GW or something?

>Chapter Master will never be finished
Too good for this world.
>>
>>49629534
5/15 times... OP crits 33% of the time?!?! Are you sure he's not cheeting?
>>
>>49629592
Actually, no. We Play in person, and all dice rolls are done at the center of the table. It was all completely legal, and yet... I mean, we've tested his dice. We've done everything we can think of. His luck is just. That. Good. I FUCKING HATE IT!
>>
File: Mash X to keep your cool.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
Mash X to keep your cool.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>49626264
>Thaumic-con
>>
>>49629686
Yeah, I had a good laugh when he suggested it to me as well.
>>
Hey, OP here. Looks like J has been doing a pretty good job of keeping you all entertained. I'm fine. Doing well, and am pretty much ready to go for the night.

Is that Pepsi?

Ok, so I still haven't finished the RPG. It will get done though. Here's more concepts I've been working on:

Each player will have a number of points to create their Calvin, with which they purchase certain traits and features.

Features have two parts: that which affects the Real, and that which affects Calvin-space.

Example: the Spiff feature grants the player a Watergun in Realspace, and a Lazer blaster in Calvin-space.

Hobbes is extremely expensive, but basically acts as a second character the Player controls. Only one player may have the Hobbes feature.

Whenever a Teacher, Parent, or Suzie comes into contact with two or more Calvins, a reality roll must be made. The winner of the Reality roll remains in contact with reality, while the others remain in Calvin-space. Players with the Hobbes feature have a bonus to this roll.

Other alter egos will include Tracer Bullet, Dinosaurs(controlling/becoming), Stupendous Man, etc.

Calvins are able to set a trigger in order to cause an effect to occur on another Calvin, and spending an imagination point to do so. The trigger maybe something like: Calvin drinking a glass of water, causing him to liquify. The effect is temporary, but does have a real effect(Calvin needing to use the bathroom)

Thoughts?
>>
>>49620993

You could say "understand," or "I get it."

Technically, understanding on the fundamental level of "grok" is impossible without a knowledge of the Martian language and the meaning therein.
>>
>>49625040

It's mostly marketing basics and product design 101 clothed in the twisted, butchered flesh of "synergistic core competency buy-in initiative" corporate-speak jargon.

It needlessly overcomplicated basic design, customer attention, brand history, and stuff like that using more and more bizarre stretches.

When it starts getting into universes and stuff has it gone completely off the rocker.
>>
File: 1464330277808.png (287KB, 464x550px) Image search: [Google]
1464330277808.png
287KB, 464x550px
>>49621137
Your use of capitals tells me you are in fact OP.

However you are clearly an entertaining brand of insane so I'll let it slide.
>>
File: Just as Planned.png (28KB, 490x585px) Image search: [Google]
Just as Planned.png
28KB, 490x585px
>>49615912
>TzeentchianTome.jpg
>>
>>49630319
>reality check
>there can be only one
I enjoy this immensely, mostly because I'm one of the many people that say things like "you'd think that eventually one of Calvin's parents would see Hobbes tackle Calvin at the front door"
>>
>>49615912
>EVERYONE WILL SEE IT
>EVERY DEMOGRAPHIC
>>
>>49629683
Have you checked that Op is not secretly Rincewind?
>>
>>49631312
But what if they fail to see it?
Are they even human?
>>
>>49631312
>>49631568
They could just be blind. That'll usually be enough.
>>
File: 1461643918742.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1461643918742.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
>>49615912
You know those stories about a wizard/scientist wishing he had access to secret knowledge or some shit?

I feel like I just have read something a guy like that is seeking.
>>
>>49631772
That's what the inside of a wizard's spell book looks like.
>>
>>49613481
Huh. I once went without sleep for 50ish hours and I don't remember a moment beyond the 37th hour but my brother tells me I was yelling at appliances to fulfill their purposes.
>>
>>49630319
Sounds good so far. The connections between reality and Calvin-space will be all-important. Right now, this is all conceptual, but when comes time to work out the numbers?
>>
>>49613004
Sounds great.

Another though might be to make all the players Calvin in that all of them are the same one at times, but act as different facets of his ADD and selfish desires.

Like, Calvin's mother is realizing that he's trying to ditch on school. Player A says run down the sidewalk, Player B says run into the woods. Both roll, and Player B rolls higher: Calvin runs into the woods, then Player A and Player B have to roll off again when Calvin needs to make a second decision. Maybe even take the mechanic a step further and have Calvin be able to trip himself up if the top two players rolling tie, so in the previous example Player A and Player B rolling a tie would have Calvin waver indecisively for a moment, putting Mom closer and making them roll again.
>>
>>49615912
Okay, I'm sorry but I have to ask. Is that fucking thing genuine?
>>
>>49630701
Could be that they're both Germans. Random capitalisations are a common holdover from their language into ESL text.
>>
>>49634633
yep

someone got paid a lot of money for that
>>
File: brodo-swaggins.jpg (29KB, 368x403px) Image search: [Google]
brodo-swaggins.jpg
29KB, 368x403px
>>49616992
I think i just lost d20 SAN. Sadly, no spells gained.
>>
Bumping.
>>
>>49633246
So if there's a situation where a reality roll would be made, instead of one "disappearing" until the reality anchor goes away, they sort of fuse into one "everyone is Calvin" character until the coast is clear?
>>
>>
>>49638134
>Sculpting treads is hard
>>
I just want to give this thread a bump because this shit is awesome
Thanks for the entertainment, OP, OP's friend, and that one dude that requested a C&H rpg
>>
>>49615912
"Pepsi" has stopped looking like a word. Did it ever? "Coca cola" is pronounced almost how you'd expect it to be in English, but why does "Pepsi" end in a long "ee" sound? Why "pepsy" not "pepsih"?
>>
>>49639653

Peps-eye?
>>
>>49639653
The name Pepsi comes from pepsin.
>>
>>49639653
I blame the Spanish and their weird word for "yes"
>>49639668
Popeye
>>49639744
That still looks like it'd be pronounced "pep-sin", or "pep-sine" if you're stretching it.
>>
>>49615912
I don't know about you guys, but this really makes me want to go for a delicious can of Pepsi™ Cola!
>>
File: 1388347684572.png (966KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1388347684572.png
966KB, 800x600px
>>49615912
For the first time in a long time I got a nose bleed. It happened when I was reading this. Should I be worried because it feels like my brain was put through the wringer.
>>
>>49640313
Congratulations, you just discovered what corporate culture does to wage slaves. Enjoy a good night of sleep, and forget about these bollocks.
>>
>>49639438
I keep reading C&H RPG as Cyanide and Happiness RPG. How would one even go about making that? Probably use all the Fatal Tables and the Dark Heresy Crit Tables in the Toon RPG.
>>
>>49634766
a million dollars to be exact- supposedly
>>
>>49640702
>FATAL Tables
>Dark Heresy Injury Tables
>Toon RPG

Aaaand just like that you've made the Ren and Stimpy RPG. What is with this fucking thread?
>>
File: 1474624985523.jpg (482KB, 1492x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474624985523.jpg
482KB, 1492x1080px
>>49613481
>he already got hallucinations after only 36 hours
How long are you normally awake for? 4 hours?
>>
File: 1366793559414.jpg (41KB, 385x415px) Image search: [Google]
1366793559414.jpg
41KB, 385x415px
>>49615912
You fool, you don't just go and post things like the Pepsinomicon without consequences. You'd be marked for death by The Blight Agents by now.
>>
>>49640730
Some think tank was paid 1 million dollars by Pepsi to design a new logo. They produced this glorious fusion of madness and bullshitery.
>>
>>49615912
Da fuck did I just read?
>>
OP you should have just masturbated to complete exhaustion and went to sleep.

t. amphetamines pro
>>
>>49641857
you could have made something magificent and you ended up hedonistically jerking yourself off
you, are the worst kind of a person, and no friend of mine
>>
>>49641930
It's ain't me baby, it's the other guy that lives inside me. He gets loose when I'm on stims.
>>
>>49641984

Bruce Banner pls go.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>49642046
>>
>>49615912

Should I explain it? Okay here goes. It's going to sound like TTGL.
The first bit is about DNA. DNA is a spiral, that allows life to spiral upwards. DNA allowed us to grow from bacteria to plants to animals to us. We spiral upwards, and our intelligence soars, hence the bit about the golden ratio. We see beauty and seek to replicate it. We made a science out of beauty.
Pepsi catches our eye because the logo is one of beauty. There's emotive power to it, we can feel emotions because of it. Thanks to paredolia, we see emotional faces, usually happiness or delight. So the Pepsi logo seeks to condition us to feel happy when we see the logo. And where do we see the logo? On the product itself.
The logo is static, but since it produces emotion, it also produces energy. This is fundamental knowledge taught to novices first delving into the ways of the esoteric. As a result, pepsi now has a pull on us via our emotions.
There exists infinite amount of universes. One universe purely made of motion, another made of consciousness, one of pure susbstance, etc. We can tap into these dimensions subconsciously.
In other words, the thinktank went into a universe where everything is literally Pepsi, and used their learnings to form the perfect logo that emotionally manipulates us.

Don't drink soda, it's a hell of a drug
>>
>>49615912
I understand the part about finding the "ideal" ratios of all the past incarnations of the brand and somehow using all of them together.

I understand the part about using the brand itself to inspire a variety of emotional reactions from the viewer.

I understand the part about making it feel like part of the universe, to make it feel "right" as if it's a natural part of what makes everything tick and thus make drinking it the "natural" thing to do.

.....this. Is still. Bullshit.
>>
>>49640313
You may have awakened to your powers as a pepsionic.
>>
OP if you are still alive and enlightened, could you help trim the fat here? >>49643067
>>
>>
>>49615912
I think I understand this. It's a combination of first-year 2D design principles, emulation and inspiration from nature, subliminal messaging, and a thick sprinkling of pure babble. A Liberal Arts student should be able to sniff out this bullshit from miles. But hey, it obviously worked, it's been Pepsi's new logo since 2009.

>Charles Rosen, founding partner of New York advertising agency said “It goes way beyond reasonable. … It’s preposterous and extreme, and layered with nonsense. But I understand the reason they went as far as they did with it”.
>>
>>49615912
Does anyone have that pic of what looked like a fusion of this, mistranslated middle eastern philosophy, and Scientology?
>>
>>49638422
sorry, those are hover tanks. Try again.
>>
>>49644826

They went as far as they did because it's what execs who are up their own ass expect. You can only go so far with logo design, and after that it's just splitting hairs. Basically, you'd just take the old logo, make it look kind of neater, maybe put a modern spin on it, and see if they think it looks good; maybe take it for a test run and see if people like the new logo.

Well, that's too stupid for corporate execs, so they want something magical and weird and shit that looks and sounds significant, because they have to perpetuate the idea that they themselves are above the populace so only they can understand this level of stuff. So we get this mindfuckery to make these execs think they're smart. And they're paying a million dollars for it, so they expect to get their money's worth and not be told, "well, we're charging you this much because your company is big and doing a logo for you that's going to be everywhere internationally justifies that amount legally."
>>
>>49645116
Yeah, sculpting treads is hard.
>>
Im mainly bumping this crazy-ass thread. This thing is going on 1D4chan i guaran-fucking-tee it.
>>
File: 1474412550890.png (618KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1474412550890.png
618KB, 800x1143px
>>
>>49646191
kek
>>
>>49612638
Make FATAL work
>>
1. I'm off the drug infused binge, so I can only progress at a normal pace as of now

2. Expect the Calvin and Hobbes RPG in about a week. I made extremely good headway, but fine tuning it will take a while.

3. I'm with this guy: >>49625956 Tzeentchian Graphic Designers are totally a thing. Also the document looks like Pepsi hired a Mad Arab to write this.

>>49640702
>>49640807
This looks fucking awesome.

>>49646570
>>49621232
Don't ask the Moon of someone who is but a mere man.
>>
>>49646943
Also, as an aside, should I namefag from now on? Just so people have an idea on who to contact the next time you want this kind of crazy shit to occur?
>>
>>49647041
That depends...
A) will you actually deliver on the system?
B) can you get GM friend to finish his story on jax?
C) are you able to deliver insane threads like this consistently?

Also, don't make your name something retarded.
>>
>>49647511
I've been looking for a project like this, and I can absolutely guarantee that I'm going to get it done ASAP, barring college classes. I'll see what I can do on the story. I'd tell it myself, but J is a vastly superior storyteller. Like I said all the way at the beginning, I'm mostly into system design.

As for consistency on the crazy factor... me on 50mg adderall and exorbitant amounts of caffeine is basically just me except hyper-focused, and moving at a breakneck pace. I can't promise they'll all be winners but I can guarantee I'll shake things up from time to time.
>>
>>49645725
Not until Adderall-kun delivers on the Calvin and Hobbes RPG. Based on what I've already read, I have high hopes, but I've learned to never buy into hype.
>>
bumping the madness
>>
what the
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: wp_ss_20161005_0003.png (294KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20161005_0003.png
294KB, 720x1280px
40k General math hammer in a nut shell.
>>
File: Twitter929cb0c.jpg (512KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Twitter929cb0c.jpg
512KB, 1200x1200px
>>
OP here.

Here's what I've come up with on dice mechanics and stats.

Calvin's stats are as follows:

-Rationality: The least valued skill among Calvins. Allows them to avoid trouble, and resist other Calvin's manipulations of Calvin Space

-Ingenuity: How creative a particular Calvin is. Enables them to manipulate Calvin-space, and is the most used among skills.

-Conspicuity: How noticeable a particular Calvin is. Stupendous Man, Tracer Bullet, and the more extravagant of Calvin's alter egos are more noticeable, but they tend to have greater impact on the real world. Lower Conspicuity also helps deter a global stat shared among all Calvins, called the Trouble Quotient. The more chaotic or disruptive each Calvin is, the higher this stat is, and the more likely any Calvin is to receive a major Repercussion when encountering a Parent or Teacher, or be reported by Susie.

-Intrepidity: How tough a particular Calvin actually is. Some Calvins may persevere more or be more resilient. Acts as the stat for physical toughness.

All Calvins share the same physical capabilities, and so have the same skills for physical stats, however they may have different modifiers for particular skills(IE: Spiff will be better with squirt guns and Water Balloons, while Stupendous man may be more Scrappy)

Rudimentary Dice mechanics to follow.
>>
>>49652676
>The least valued skill among Calvins
I know of a few people that'd spec plenty into that purely for the fact that they'd have more say in what's "actually" happening.

I'm really liking this, especially how all Calvins have the same physical stats but some can take a licking better through basically force of willpower.
>>
>>49652676
>>49652676
Ingenuity and Rationality share the same numerical score, as does Intrepidity and Conspicuity. Any roll made involving these skills will have you roll d100. If you're rolling for Rationality, you will be rolling above your target number, and for imagination, below. The same follows with Intrepidity and Conspicuity. The result is that more creative Calvins are more likely to make impulsive decisions that will get them into more trouble, and more resilient or stubborn Calvins will often attract more attention to themselves.

Metaphysical skills will always use d100 rolls to determine their effects, however physical skills, such as using water pistols, throwing objects, etc, will instead be resolved by rolling 2d10+skill against a target number, or in a contested roll against another player.

Character creation is done by first choosing a Calvin Alter Ego, which modifies your basic stats, and grants you a few abilities and pieces of equipment. The rest of character creation is assigning points to modify skills and stats, so while players may tend have a higher Conspicuity as Stupendous man, they may modify their stats to be lower, or have bonuses to a skill that they normally wouldn't have.

Imagination points: Imagination points are a vast pool of points that represents each Calvin's ability to manipulate Calvinspace, as well as come up with solutions on the fly. You will often spend points to introduce a new Plot twist or set piece, but they can also be used to create an advantage for yourself.

Advantage: As you can probably tell, in this system you will always be rolling at least 2d10. Advantage allows you to gain an edge when you need it moste. After making any dice roll, By spending a few imagination points, you may roll an extra d10 and replace one of the two die in your roll. This means that when you woud have rolled a 99 and failed an imagination roll, you could roll again, get a 1, and instead end up with a 19.
>>
>>49653252
Hopefully this should be simple enough of a core game mechanic. I mean, it might be a little disconcerting because you'll basically have two numbers for each stat, but I'm planning on keeping math down to the level of 5e.

>>49653177
Intrepidity will contribute towards a Calvin's Defense stat, as well as how many hits they can take before they give up.

Actually, I had an interesting idea for the death mechanic. Since it is a PVP system for the most part, when a Calvin no longer has any will, they don't die. Their skills(but not stats) abilities, equipment, and imagination points are instead cannibalized by whichever Calvin got the better of them, and the Player forms a team that jointly controls that Calvin, with the Victor having precedence over Calvin's decisions. If there is absolute conflict, then teams may make a contested roll against each other, in an "Everyone is John" style of gameplay.
>>
>>49652612
Wow, I can hear the dialogue exactly in their voices. It's perfect.
>>
This sounds like "everyone is john" on crack...and adderall
>>
>>49653492
>Their skills(but not stats) abilities, equipment, and imagination points are instead cannibalized by whichever Calvin got the better of them, and the Player forms a team that jointly controls that Calvin, with the Victor having precedence over Calvin's decisions. If there is absolute conflict, then teams may make a contested roll against each other, in an "Everyone is John" style of gameplay.
So the Losing Calvin still has say in the matter, and can even disagree at about... 30:70-ish disadvantage? Enough that the Victor still has mostly free reign on using his "gained" abilities, but with enough retained will that the winner can't just assimilate Calvins left and right.
>>
>>49653653
Exactly. I think this really reflects Calvin's six-year-old mindset rather well. Also, the abilities gained will expand the Breadth of the Calvin's abilities, not necessarily the degree and effect of them. They'll give them more options to choose from to be more creative.

>>49653641
Exactly.
>>
File: 1474544887080.jpg (57KB, 564x524px) Image search: [Google]
1474544887080.jpg
57KB, 564x524px
>>
>>49613481
Don't Rest Your Head.jpg
>>
>>49619998
The Pepsinomicon is a Thing Man Was Not Meant To Know.
>>
bumper
>>
>>49612694
>>49612961
>Rule 1: It cannot be played by the same rules twice.
>Rule 2: No questioning the masks.
>>
bumping again
>>
File: 1475665712899.jpg (1MB, 1500x2282px) Image search: [Google]
1475665712899.jpg
1MB, 1500x2282px
>>
>>49612608
>I can't handle coffee either, because I get jittery after drinking a Mountain Dew
Wow, you sound like a pussy. I'm 5'5", 21 years old, and about 125 lbs, and I drink like 4-5 cups of coffee a day. Shit barely even wakes me up nowadays.
>>
>>49612653

Literally no one has a stroke on 50mg amphetamine and 250mg caffeine.
>>
>>49615912

I can taste the walls.
Sleep will be pleasant tonight, in the oven.
Spelunking!
>>
File: XcspdPcP24.png (215KB, 906x1058px) Image search: [Google]
XcspdPcP24.png
215KB, 906x1058px
>>
File: 15 - ctFLbb9.jpg (16KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
15 - ctFLbb9.jpg
16KB, 275x275px
>>49661756
What the fugg
>>
>>49661978
Looks like telephone with pictures. Someone gives a description -> someone else draws a picture -> someone describes that picture, without knowing the previous description -> someone draws a picture based on that, again without knowing any of the previous steps.
Thus, 'Calvin sells Hobbes at a yard sale' becomes 'Calvin and Hobbes advertise for Pepsi.'
This also counts as a specific application of General Pepsi Relativity.
>>
File: 03 - ZYh2mTF.png (249KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
03 - ZYh2mTF.png
249KB, 950x633px
bumpin' up
>>
File: pepsi_universe[1].jpg (34KB, 515x286px) Image search: [Google]
pepsi_universe[1].jpg
34KB, 515x286px
>>49661756
So it all comes back to Pepsi. Of course, it all makes sense now.
>>
File: 1381858055894.gif (21KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1381858055894.gif
21KB, 350x350px
>>
>>49666911
I wish I still had photoshop, then I'd stuff the pepsi logo in there and have it read "The Best Thread on /pepsi/ Right Now."
>>
>>49651314
Greetings, fellow fleet commander.
>>
File: tumblr_ndsfibKvFO1r463v8o1_500.gif (498KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndsfibKvFO1r463v8o1_500.gif
498KB, 500x282px
>>49652612
>>
File: 09 - vQnvPBw.jpg (9KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
09 - vQnvPBw.jpg
9KB, 380x250px
I'm not letting this thread die until I see a Tracer Bullet character sheet.
>>
I'm a lurker but holy shit this thread is epic

My hope-jimmies have been rustled
>>
File: trump.png (249KB, 630x538px) Image search: [Google]
trump.png
249KB, 630x538px
posting in epic bread
>>
>>49653492
So would the losing Calvin's stats just be added to the winning Calvin's, or is it more complex than that?
>>
File: 2914770-pepsiman.jpg (12KB, 300x243px) Image search: [Google]
2914770-pepsiman.jpg
12KB, 300x243px
>>49615912
So where does this guy fit into all of this?
>>
>>49641155
It was more like 40 hours tbqh, I can't remember for sure.

All I know is that I woke up around 8, went to the BfZ prerelease day 1, didn't go to sleep, went to day 2, and ended up falling asleep at around 10 the next morning.
>>
File: 182fjw92ggcgfjpg.jpg (33KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
182fjw92ggcgfjpg.jpg
33KB, 800x450px
>>49620857
>Those Adderall Ad's get smarter with every passing day.
>>
OP here. Calvin RPG will get its own thread, after this one dies, sometime next week. Still working on it.

>>49671919
That's because this thread wasn't limited to any real subject, or rather, no one treated it as such until Anon up there gave us the idea for C&H RPG, and even then, we still got the Pepsinomicon.

More threads need to be like this. Not limited to a single topic, and allow for tangential discussion. Wonderful things happen when you Embrace Chaos! This is also why Generals and Containment Threads kill all creativity.

And that's about all you'll hear from me on /tg/ politics.
>>
>>49672749
I'm going to focus on it giving the Player more Options and Abilities, not stat increases. So you may have a wider span of actions you can perform, but not necessarily how powerful they are.
>>
File: TBTOPRN.png (38KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
TBTOPRN.png
38KB, 350x350px
>>49673870
>>49673730
You're doing /tg/ proud, OP.

>>49666911
>>49667381
I got you man.
>>
>>49673730
>Pepsinomicon
My sides
>>
We've got 70 posts left before this thread sages. Let's squeeze a little more awesome into this thread, and milk it for all it's worth!
>>
>>49678014
Unless you think we can get it to last a week until adderallanon gets back, I think all the awesome in this thread has been tapped out.
Unless you think Pepsi memeing for another 80-odd posts is somehow 'awesome', in which case knock yourself out.
>>
>>49676888

>Khorne trips

A Pepsi game needs to be something in its own right. I'm thinking we Time Wizards the shit out of it if at all possible, with an exploration of its metaphysical mechanics through adderall-addled mis?interpretation of the Pepsinomicon.
>>
Five bucks says OP won't deliver and this will all be forgotten in a matter of days.
>>
>>49678150
>Five bucks says OP won't deliver and this will all be forgotten in a matter of days.
I'll take that bet.
>>
Dune by Frank Herbert RPG video game with dwarf fortress levels of depth.
>>
>>49676802
Thanks mang
>>49678150
>implying anyone can just forget the concept of a playable Calvin and Hobbes RPG
>>
>>49680374
>>49678150
>>49679799

OP Here. Yeah, no, this concept is way too fucking awesome for me to NOT create, especially since I managed to find the perfect dice mechanic that isn't a d10 dicepool.(Seriously, it's such a bland, linear mechanic. Great for balance, but terrible for modifying to fit different mechanics and circumstances)
>>
File: ahhhhh.gif (208KB, 312x322px) Image search: [Google]
ahhhhh.gif
208KB, 312x322px
>>49679987
Imagine embarking on a new fremen settlement. Making the best of your lands while caving secure areas and farming the spice. Keeping off harkonnen raiders and making sure not to upset the makers.
>>
File: re-zero-15-19-betelgeuse.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
re-zero-15-19-betelgeuse.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>49612608
>I feel remarkably... calm.
In reality you're doing pic related.
>>
>>49684122
Nah man, I've been there man. It's a lot like this:
https://youtu.be/Cqd-_fHdTyA
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.