[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/pos t/150470858333/youve-sai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 121.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
121.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/150470858333/youve-said-before-that-onethe-reason-kaladesh
>>
>>49596272
in other words MaRo once again proves hes a hack by slapdashing his super special ability that sucks shit over something people have been asking for.
typical MaRo, god damn asshole.
>>
>>49596341
>getting this butthurt over a literal joke
>>
>>49596272
It's never going to happen.
>>
>I’ll find a home for contraptions
Why is he allowed to tell blatant lies like this? Everyone on card design forums know it will never happen because of a few key factors.
>>
>>49599641
>few key factors.
Which are ?
>>
>>49599688
The wording referring to creatures performing actions and being associated with a tribe. Both are things that they would never do with a new mechanic.
>>
Huh.

Yeah I guess Contraption could have easily been fabricate.

Oh well.
>>
>>49599712
They did introduce Pilots that are at least mostly associated with Vehicles.
>>
>>49596272
>MaRo makes a typo
>Kakadesh
The memes write themselves.
>>
>>49599712
>Both are things that they would never do with a new mechanic.

>The wording referring to creatures performing actions
Extort

>and being associated with a tribe
Pilots and vehicles, eldrazi and devoid/emerge...
>>
>>49599804
I think you mean exploit.
>>
>>49600057
Right, that one, my bad.
>>
Biggest problem with assembling contraptions is that it's two mechanics tied into each other, so it makes it difficult to do more complex things without making them parasitic.
>>
>>49600173
That's assuming "Contraptions" are something more complicated than simply a subtype to tag whatever it is the "assemble" keyword produces.

It literally could've just been fabricate with the names changed and a line in the comp rules defining what it means for a creature to "assemble a Contraption", as exploit has a line defining what it means for something to "exploit a creature".
>>
>>49600742
But then you have a bunch of complication for no reason.
>>
Anyone who legitimately likes Steamflogger Boss, Riggers or Contraptions should commit suicide immediately. No joke.
>>
>>49600784
>literally just adding a natural language shorthand to the exact rules we already got
>a natural language shorthand that would confuse exactly no one, since the only people autistic enough to care about the distinction would also be autistic enough to check the comp rules for it
>a bunch of complication

You must have a very limited cognitive capacity.

(Note here that I'm not talking about adding assemble as a new ability alongside fabricate, I'm hypothesizing an alternate path they could've taken where they simply chose different names for the ability and the tokens it creates. "What if they'd called it assemble instead of fabricate?")
>>
>>49600873
They could have, but it'd be a waste for such a simple mechanic.
>>
>implying contraptions won't be similar to meld where you will be able to assemble cards into bigger things but in various ways
>>
I'm wondering if it will show up as an Izzet mechanic.

On one hand, MaRo wants views the izzet as an artifact themed faction (even though so far they have clearly from a mechanical standpoint, been a instants/sorceries faction) and the izzet have goblins. On the other hand the contraptions just gobble up tons of the complexity budget and ravnica blocks historically have 10 guilds, each of which has it's own keyword mechanic.
>>
>>49601460
But that wouldn't make much sense with how Steamflogger works.
>>
I don't see how rigger would ever be allowed on a card again, or even in the first place. Forget technical stuff, its just too close to nigger for this shitty pc world to accept.
>>
>>49596272
Maybe he shouldn't have put a fucking joke card in a set that was about previewing the future of MTG and put it in a fucking Un-set like they're there for.

I wish Maro would kill himself and fuck off to Kakadesh forever.
>>
>>49602102
Wow so mean. Pretty sure both the design of steam flogger boss and revealing that they never intended to print it were both acts of Aaron forsythe.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.