[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 43

File: image.jpg (296KB, 952x808px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296KB, 952x808px
Triple clawjob edition

>Rules Databases
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
Does anybody do third party Iron Warrior parts?
>>
So Inquisitor in Power Armour, 25 or 32mm base?
>>
>>49591449
The older metal sculpts? 25 mm. A conversion based on a more recent astartes power armour kit? 32mm.
>>
>>49591456
Oh right well neither, I'm mostly using Dreamforge shit. I was more wondering if there was any kind of official ruling for it though since y'know, bases do matter to a degree and SM all got upgraded a size.
>>
>>49591449
The GW minis are on a 25mm
But either would be fine really, its a minimal difference and no one would care.
>>
>>49591449
32'S ARE FOR ASTARTES.
>>
>>49591449
Whatever you think looks best.
>>
Reposting from last thread with some changes for thoughts:

Returning to 40k thanks to cultists, trying my hand at a list, thoughts? Theres no vehicles but I've always preferred footslogging lists.
Haven't played in a long time so really have no idea on list building. Don't really care if its super competitive as long as it would be able to hold its own again most armies
1850pts

Cult Insurrection
Brood Cycle
1 x Acolyte Ironward, icon of cult ascendant
3 x 5 Acolyte hybrids, rock saw, rock cutter, cult icon
2 x 10 Neophyte Hybrids, 2 x grenade launchers in each, one unit with flakk missile launcher, other with seismic cannon & mining laser
1 x 5 Hybrid Metamorphs, all with claws & flamers, leader w/ bonesword, cult icon
1 x 10 Purestrain genestealers

The First Curse
1 x 20 Purestrain Genestealers, scything talons
1 x Patriarch, LVL 2

Subterranean Uprising
1 Primus,
1 x 10 Hybrid Metamorphs, hand flamers, talons, cult icon, leader w/ bonesword
2 x 5 Acolyte hybrids, rock saw, rock cutter, cult icon, leader

1 Magus, LVL 2, crouchling
>>
>>49591535
According to info from the newest Open Day in amsterdam, not till christmas at the earliest
>>
>>49591535
IIRC next year Q1.
>>
>>49591484
>>49591522
Alright cheers, will probs go a 32 then since y'know, he will be on the table with my Deathwatch at a comparable size to them.

Also
>been using Shattered Dominion bases
>looks like my Scions and DW are trudging forth across some Chaotic ruins
>tfw going to be like 5-10 25mm bases short
Ugh, really don't want to buy a whole new box but I can't just leave like a small amount of dudes on regular bases, no matter how much I fluff them up with decorative bitz from the SD boxes...

>>49591511
You alright there anon?
>>
Any word on the next release?
They been hammering them out recently.
>>
File: BFG_Tau_02-Demiurg (1).jpg (470KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BFG_Tau_02-Demiurg (1).jpg
470KB, 1920x1080px
Which units would Demiurg auxiliares bring to the Tau Empire?
>>
What do you use as a battlemat?
>>
>>49591559
rumor indicates the successor to betrayal at calth will come soon. With MK3 marines
(which means you should stock B@C if you need parts as the squad-sized minis are far more expensive )
>>
>>49591561
Demiurg seem to very much be a race of engineers and scientists over actual combatants, and at best I could see them manning vehicles on the ground over acting as infantry.

Knowing their shticks for gravity technology, mining and bulky, sturdy designs I can see some slow-ass antigrav-propelled rig of somesort. With re-purposed mining lasers and gravity technology being used as decent enough weapons.
>>
>>49588950
Isnt this exactly the driving force behind one of the Ciaphas Cain novels?
>>
>>49591673
So what you're saying is, they would be slow a purposeful tau infantry with grav-cannons?
>>
>>49591730
No, they'd be vehicle-drivers drivin-
>Oh wait
>Tau

Yeah, Slow and Purposeful monstrous creatures with Grav.
>>
>>49591561

Artillery, Drones/Golems, and Skimmer Bikes.
>>
Is anyone in Amsterdam?

Did anyone get a Railgun?
>>
>>49591554
Look up press moulding. Bases are one of the easier things too duplicate.
Cast the details in GS on some spare plain bases.
>>
>>49591833
Oh you're right, of course. Didn't think of that, although I'm not sure I could be bothered... The SD bases do have such deep crevices it would be hard.
>>
www.ebay.com/itm/201676219207
Unf.
>>
>>49591673
In BFG one of their gimicks is mining drones repurposed as bombers or torpedoes.
Could have drone "infantry" thats got a close range/cc focus with various mining tools.
Sergeant is an actual demiurge. style the unit kinda like a tau version of enginseer and servitors.
>>
So, bought my first 40k models ever, the start collecting Militarum Tempestus. Reading the Codex I am a little confused. Does the Hot Shot Volley Gun have "Gets Hot" or not? In the weapon entry it seems to have it, but in the last page summary the rules is nowhere to be found.

If it has Gets Hot: is it even worth taking? Both Taurox and Scions seem to have a way too high chance of exploding it seems.
>>
>>49591846
Ifyou go carefully it should pick up all the details.
Plus once painted and spread out among the legit bases i doubt you'd be able to notice shallower details if they turn out like that.
>>
>>49591885
Well thanks, I shall look into it since yeah, really not worth buying a $50 box with another 70 bases when I'm going to use max 10 of those.
>>
>>49591883
It was errata'd out, so no it doesn't. What kind of army are you looking at building anon? Pure Tempestus isn't generally a thing, because of what you've exactly just pointed out.
>>
>>49591883
low risk, high reward. there are times when the dice betray you; but then the dice serve no master anyway
>>
>>49591883
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Errata/Warhammer_40000/Militarum_Tempestus_EN.pdf

Don't worry it got FAQ'd out no more gets hot for the volley gun.
>>
>>49591727
Yeah but so is female genecultists
>>
File: Sly_Marbo_Art.jpg (17KB, 375x165px) Image search: [Google]
Sly_Marbo_Art.jpg
17KB, 375x165px
So, I just had a crazy thought:

The Genestealer Cultist Codex would actually be an amusing "Counts As" codex for a Catachan Army.

Think of it:
"Cult Ambush" represents their expertise at Jungle Warfare.
They either are expert Infiltrators or are incredible camo experts (Moving through Cover isn't as common as one would hope though).
They have limited access to artillery/heavy tanks/etc, making due with Sentinels (some that can also ambush) or other "rugged" vehicles.

They have an emphasis on melee, with improved Weapon Skill (Catachans were WS 4 back in the day), plus you can be all cute and say the "Rending Claws" actually represent the mythic badassness of the Catachan Fang.

And you can always field your Patriarch as a converted Straken-like. "Do I have to Do Everything Myself?"

And the fact they're Allies of Convenience with Guard means you can't give them Orders, or have Commissars join them, which makes sense for soldiers whom are known for causing "accidents" among the Commissariat.

Thoughts?
>>
>>49591922
I wanted to first build a little Kill Team to get a feeling for the game. Still deciding if I want pure infantry or take the Taurox along for that. And down the road I'd like to expand but still play Codex: Militarum Tempestus. Maybe a get a few assassins or something.

I really am digging the Scion's looks and the Taurox is a pretty rad vehicle imo.

Just one thing: Are there female Scions? The fluff says that male and female orphans are taken in, but is kinda vague if the girls all get send to the Adeptus Sororitas or if they are allowed to join the MT.
>>
>>49591883
It's basically the Tempestus heavy Bolter equiv. and when does anyone use heavy bolters?

... No really when.
>>
>>49591980
Primus seems a better counts as fit for straken.

But otherwise yeah sounds good, you don't actually have too take anything with rending claws if you're iffy about that counts as.
>>
>>49591981
>I'd like to expand but still play Codex: Militarum Tempestus
Again, I would highly recommend on taking another faction. Relying on Tempestus as your only faction would be rough as hell, since they have only 5 unit choices and very, very little heavy weaponry. Even their special weapon choices are kinda limited.

>Are there female Scions?
I don't see why not.
>>
>>49591981
>Are there female Scions? The fluff says that male and female orphans are taken in, but is kinda vague if the girls all get send to the Adeptus Sororitas or if they are allowed to join the MT.
Most likely there are some, but most girls fit for combat end up funneled too the sororitas.
But there'd be those who aren't devote enough for all the extra churchy buisness.
>>
>>49592011
I suppose I could expand into regular Astra Militarum. I'll see how it goes. Right now I am just excited to get started painting my guys and possibly gals.
>>
>>49591981
>Playing MT
You're gonna have a fun time, friend. The Scions are pretty much imperal Dark Eldar in that you hit hard and fast with ranged attacks but rely heavily on orders and your scion squads to do things.

>female scions
Probably? Codex states the scholas just take any promising child they find for training so whoever doesn't get picked out for commissar duty or sister training must be scions.
>>
>>49591981
If it happens, it's rare. The sororitas are always hungry for more bodies, and the physical & mental requirements are the same.

My MilTemp army is led by a female, but they're from the sororitas-bound company, so there's a bunch of reasons why.
>>
File: 1474152900747.gif (846KB, 240x212px) Image search: [Google]
1474152900747.gif
846KB, 240x212px
>>49591980
Fucking heresy.

Seriously there are a million options for catachans at the moment, none of them involve heresy.
>>
>>49591561
Silly anon, Tau don't get new auxiliaries any more. Only battlesuits.
>>
>>49591980

As with any Counts as it'll work just fine but you would have to put serious effort into it, i'd expect a nicely converted Marbo, combat knives on anyone with rending, fully painted and based, effort put into camouflage if the unit has stealth etc.

You want to be the chemo to all the lazy fucking garbage Ork armies we're going to see "Yeah these 20 unpainted shoota boyz are actually neophytes, these Nobz are hybrids..." - You don't want any of that faggot shit.

The actual proxy ideas work fine, don't forget Ogryns could be Abberants i'd like to see this made real.
>>
>>49591561
Their ships. Demiurg are too puny to fight in ground wars.
But if they did probably a psyker unit
>>
>>49592036
Cool, feel free to ask any questions here as usual. Most of the time you should get a half reasonable response, but it is still 4chen so take anything harsh with a grain of salt.
>>
Anyone happen yo have the rules for Manticore platforms from IA1? I just learned they existed and the possibility of getting a platform plus a deathstrike from one kit intrigues me. For some reason the fike for IA1 in the mega wont work for me. Thank you!
>>
>>49591980
>>49592109
I agree. Catachans using GSC rules would be great but only if obvious effort is made to create a good looking catachan force. Otherwise you look like you want a faction purely for its rules but are too lazy or cheap to buy the proper models.
>>
>>49592144
Demiurge aren't psykers, at least not notable as them.

You're probably thinking of the nicassar
>>
>>49592161
I'll be sure to do so!

>>49592039
>The Scions are pretty much imperal Dark Eldar in that you hit hard and fast with ranged attacks but rely heavily on orders and your scion squads to do things.

I honestly don't expect to win much at first. They really seem like an army that doesn't forgive a lot of mistakes. At least my buddies who already play 40k are already complaining that my weapons have DS3, so there is atleast some fear in their hearts already.
>>
>>49592222
oh right
>>
>>49592036
Remember the most important rules of painting:
>Prime it or lose it.
>Thin the paint with water, and wipe some paint on a palette to get control of the amount on your brush.
>Never use layer paints without first giving the area a similarly-colored base coat or you will only frustrate yourself and clog details.
>Get an appropriate shade. It is pure liquified skill.
>The general order is Base->Shade->Layer
>Sit up streight or develop back pains.
And Finally
>Only paint when you feel like it, and stop painting when you get tired. The second painting becomes a chore is the second you invalidate all those "But we get so much more out of our expensive models compared to video games" arguments we use on /tg. This is supposed to be a hobby, not a freaking job.
>>
Is the Cadia supplement missing the Stormsword's profile, despite listing it amidst the formations and its weapon on the super-heavy weapons page?
>>
Basing ideas for my GSC, cast your votes:
Volcanic/lava based mine
Standard rocky/muddy mine
Moonscape mine
>>
>>49592464
Moonscape mine of course.
Bonus points for a Genestealer that's jumping real high due to low gravity.
>>
>>49592489
implying genestealers cant jump really high in normal gravity
>>
>>49592516
True, true. Then the only solution is to stick one on a flyer stem to repersent it jumping UBER HIGH!!!
>>
>>49591565
Mostly the GW tiles, we have a shit load of building terrain at the LGS
>>
>>49591993
Yeah but it's 4 shots at AP3 if you dont move. Not exactly a H Bolter is it?
>>
>>49592282
>>Only paint when you feel like it, and stop painting when you get tired. The second painting becomes a chore is the second you invalidate all those "But we get so much more out of our expensive models compared to video games" arguments we use on /tg. This is supposed to be a hobby, not a freaking job.
To be fair I feel that way every time I have to Base coat or remove mold lines. Some aspects are a chore... The rest is great though
>>
>>49592109
Speaking of Orks counts-as, the one notable one I saw online was the Waaagh Convocation, which included a Looted Imperial Knight. The "Counts As" Onager Dunecrawlers were the WHFB Arachanarok Spiders with giant anti-aircraft howdahs on them, and stuff.
>>
Since wip is gay, what do you guys think I should for armies on parade?
>Slaanesh daemons army display
>khorne + slaneesh daemons army display
>Slaanesh daemons vs orks army display
>>
>>49592582
That actually sounds really fun.
>>
>>49591561
Grav cannons and grav guns for battlesuits
>>
Which Ork flyer should I build if I just want it for asthetic?
>>
>>49592623
bliza-bomba is da orkiest
>>
File: spacemarine (5).jpg (23KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine (5).jpg
23KB, 400x500px
>>49591390
is this Scheme in use with any Official Chapter?

I'm trying to make a Donut Steel Chapter and don't want to start off with a plagiarized scheme.
>>
>>49592639

WASBOM BLASTAJETZ GOT DA MOST SHIT GLUED TO IT
>>
>>49592616
Not to be an actual copycat, but I could also see myself doing the same thing with my Orks, a lot of them which are currently chilling in the glass case. I still have 6 Killa Kans leftover from 5th edition, so those would be Dunestrider stand-ins, while the Sicarans are Ork Kommandos, and the Onagers would be chopped-up Battlewagon hulls with lots of Dakka.

The only challenge would be making the appropriate Knight.
>>
>>49592602
>Since wip is gay
No u
>>
>>49592657
I don't believe it is, but if you pinch some green in there you've got an excellent Christmas scheme
as it stands now the candy cane look isn't terrible though
>>
>>49592694
>The only challenge would be making the appropriate Knight
Base it on a gorkanaught maybe, bulk up the torso and remove the transport gut.
>>
When are we getting more info on Fenris 2 ffs. Isn't the release this month?
>>
>>49592694
I mean if you had a decent looking stompa I'd accept it. But a appropriately orky Knight would look awesome.
>>
>>49591544
That looks great. what lores are you planning on rolling on for you psykers?
>>
>>49592816
Probably broodmind on the magus, can't decide for the patriarch though
>>
>>49592602
>slaanesh daemons
>slaanesh daemons
>slaanesh daemons
Just paint a giant, glittery dick and call it a keeper. Don't forget to deep throat it when they come to take a picture.
>>
>>49592864
telepathy is nice for psy scream, but i think both that and broodmind are equally good to be honest
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6hSES1tlt0
>>
>>49592873
Even biomancy is tempting for the 4+ fnp on the genestealers (especially if they're close enough for the +1 from the iconward)
>>
Hey anyone got advice for running scions and skitarii? I'm having a hard time fitting things in a 1500 point game, would it be smart to forego tauroxes and just stick to the smaller deepstriking scion squads?
>>
>>49592282
You forgot
>Prop your hands on a table or something until you git good enough to do fine detail on your own.
>>
File: DSCN0367.jpg (223KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0367.jpg
223KB, 1600x1200px
>>49592682
Mah digga! I've got mine assembled and primed on my desk waiting for some paint. The model is Orky as fuck. Anybody here have any experience fielding one or fighting one?
>>
File: +7estus.jpg (38KB, 331x341px) Image search: [Google]
+7estus.jpg
38KB, 331x341px
>>49592898
Looks fucking great
>tfw the closest thing to that right now are the old SH games on DOS but they won't run on 7 and on
>the only thing that can be played right now is a shitty Doom mod made 20 years ago.
>>
>>49592564
3 shots S5AP4 36"
4 shots S4AP3 24"

I'd say they are pretty equivalent.
>>
>>49592960
>Doom 40k mod
Excuse me, sir but I must request more information. This is a matter of life or death.
>>
Why are IG players usually so autistic?
For real though, everyone at our shop realizes that all they do is spout memes and make half-assed conversions that make their dudes look like Krieg.
>>
>>49593009
90% of guard players are either vets or autists that couldn't actually make it in
And most vets that stick with thier post boot money sinks are sperglords with office jobs
>>
>>49592950
>don't lick your paint tips
>place the model on some sticky tack instead of holding it

>>49593009
people like memes the same could be said about anything
>>
Thinking of doing a conservatyiff space wolves successor chapter/great company who recently split from the main legion because of all the furry bullshit.

They think fenrisian wolves are for fetching mail or eating, that wolfen are shameful abominations which should be purged, and that giving a dreadnought a battleaxe just looks fucking ridiculous.

So, how much crunch will I be paying for my fluff?
>>
>>49592982
>only fight pinkies dressed as genestealers
>item and some wall sprites replaced
That's it.
http://www.wad-archive.com/wad/Space-Hulk-DOOM
>>
>>49593009
I'm sorry if I come off that way
>>
>>49593009
>half-assed conversions that make their dudes look like Krieg.
hahahahaha what?
>>
>>49592945
Pretty much yeah.
>>
>>49593079
Anon, you know that Space Wolves can't have successors, right?
>>
>>49593009
I play guard.
I run Cadians. And they aren't greys.

So fuck you, buddy.
>>
>>49592582
Played against army like that. Was cool as hell. Knight was little upscaled Morkanaut.
>>
>>49593079
>that giving a dreadnought a battleaxe just looks fucking ridiculous
Ridiculously awesome you faggot
>>
File: I had dreams, once.jpg (43KB, 247x377px) Image search: [Google]
I had dreams, once.jpg
43KB, 247x377px
>>49592898
>plasma cannon jamming after one or two shots
yep
>>
>>49593096
Less a successor, more a seceding.
>>
>>49592931
But that would give them a 3++
>>
>>49593009
Im a bit of an autismo but im mostly very tryhard player and my guard is there to be optimized and give a good show for every tau/convo/eldar/gladius-player there is. No memes or kriegs in sight.
>>
>>49593096
They can and have.
Plus theres always room for unknown founding SW successors or mixed geneseed sucessors.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 377x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 377x390px
>>49593110
Really want to try and make a gif to show the fucking awful range of movement those stupid axes would have.

>Bitch ain't got no wrists.
>>
>>49593144
between magnus coming out the warp to beige them and the huge failure that was the wolf brothers, not really. something something their geneseed is unstable and needs people from Fenris to work. there are no wolves on Fenris after all

with all that said, it's not my army so go for it.

>>49593178
it's 40k, it's suppose to be a silly top of death. now if you'll excuse me i have some daemonic garden trimmers to look at
>>
>>49593009
for my lgs its the tau players never had an issue with ig
>>
>>49593235
>something something their geneseed is unstable and needs people from Fenris to work. there are no wolves on Fenris after all
i smell another cursed founding experiment gone only a little wrong.
>>
>>49593178

I always thought Dreadnoughts holding stuff looked weird, only just noticed they have no wrists.
>>
>>49592871
>T. Salty khornecuck
>>
>>49593287
You could also say some Fenrisians were colonists to some new, cold, slightly different shitty planet and a successor chapter started up there.
>>
File: Безымянный.jpg (872KB, 1735x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.jpg
872KB, 1735x1080px
Get this party started or just drop a .cbr somewhere?
>>
>>49591390
How long until Curse of the Wulfen 2
I want my new Thousand son models and rules
>>
>>49593414
PDF 'em.
>>
>>49593235
>>49593365
Again, it's not a founding, it's an exodus. One of the wolf lords went "fuck you and fuck the fang".

Maybe they still cruise around fenris in a massive steamship, calling dibs on fallen heroes and dodging earthquakes.
>>
>>49593501
How?
>>
Is there anything wrong with taking a bunch of 5 man Battle Sister squads with a Heavy Bolter? They're 70pts a pop, and it frees up my immolators since I only have 5.
>>
>>49592952
It's cool if you want to waste a lot of points, I guess? Ork fliers aren't really good anymore in general.
>>
>>49593648
Why in the Emperor's name do you need more than 5 immolators in any list?
>>
>>49593535
Okay, the image of a massive space marine ironclad, or even half-submerged strike cruiser somehow appeals to me.

Plus it gives them that "I'm being shipped off to the front lines again. Think I should pack my swimming trunks or can I buy some there?" catachan vibe.
>>
>>49593648
Instead you should convert repressors, they're pretty good transports with an obscene amount of fire points, and if you have squads to fit in them they do work.
>>
>>49593122
is that a problem?
>>
I have a bunch of unbuilt 40k stuff I havent touched in years.

SMs and Guard and a built ork army.

I still kinda wanna get restarted in 40k with something fresh and basic I can build off of.

Which of the start collecting boxes is an okay force?

I thought about doing eldar before it was announced but 5 models and all vehicles kinda spooks me. I still wanna build something new before I get back into fucking with my older OOP stuff.
>>
>>49593984
Skitarrii are dope stuff. They're strong, cool, and can ally in with your Marines and Guard.
>>
>>49593984
Tau gives you probably the most solid base for an army
>>
If im not magnetising what is most cost effective way to build IG heavy weapon teams
>>
>>49594093

buy a bag of large bases and put all the weapon variations on them, converting tripods as necessary

don't glue the crew onto any of them, move them from base to base depending on which you want to field that game

seriously, though, by a bag of rare earth magnets for $5 it will save you so much hassle.
>>
>>49591390
has the genestealer cult pdf been leaked yet?
>>
>>49593718

I have 5 immolators and 2 Exorcists, actually. Back in the day, I would buy them instead of the normal Rhino kit because it was like $5 more and came with tons of Sisters decor. I wish I bought more when they were $35.

As for why? Why not? They're good. Sure, they're not fast (with the HF) like they were back. In C:WH, but it's still a 60 point razorback with a 6++, firepoint, and TLHF or MM.

I can easily use all 5 and say "shit, I need another transport."

>>49593846

I'm shit at conversion, and FW doesn't sit well here, even if it's not that great. I just want them to make it official, but that would mean doing something progressive for them.
>>
>>49594126
http://imgur.com/a/tncVh
>>
>>49593984
Genecults, they're new and you can ally in your guard to fill out any points shortage.
>>
So i have had some death korp hanging around for ages, and i have finally decided that they will be gene cultists.

my question is how do i make acolytes but keep in the death korps theme?
>>
>>49593079
Reporting for seriously, how much would I be hobbling myself if I refused to run murderfang, TW cav or wulfen?
>>
File: SkitariivsTau2.jpg (350KB, 1280x693px) Image search: [Google]
SkitariivsTau2.jpg
350KB, 1280x693px
>>49594015
>>49594034
Fires of Cyraxus can't come soon enough.
>>
Do Spess Marines actually charge into battle with a single 30 round magazine?
>>
>>49593918
It's a good thing, roll the patriarch on biomancy and crush everyone in melee, him and his body guard are stronger than even a greater daemon!
>>
>>49593414
Just do a CBR. PDF fags need to learn how to convert for themselves.
>>
>>49594301
No, they have magazines.
>>
>>49594214
No mention at the even this weekend. I'm guessing it won't be for sale until Warhammer Open Days in Nov.
>>
>>49594301
Most fluff and the PnP-line depicts them as having at least two backup magazines and an extra one for their pistol, but the art and models don't really accommodate this all the time.
>>
>>49594301
Most of the kits come with a few optional grenades and ammo packs but no one puts them on because they don't really mesh well with the overall design
>>
>>49592898
>shotgun storm bolter

Tech heresy!

>assault cannon sounds like a wet fart

Double heresy!
>>
>>49593846

Also, I can use all 5 in 1000 points easy
>>
File: 9619890147_ee840191bb_b.jpg (517KB, 1024x729px) Image search: [Google]
9619890147_ee840191bb_b.jpg
517KB, 1024x729px
>>49594160
>>49594113
>>49594034
If I was gonna go the IG route how would you build this box?

I also have two walkers and another 20 or so guardsmen I got off ebay years ago.
>>
File: 1466189748108.jpg (86KB, 490x605px) Image search: [Google]
1466189748108.jpg
86KB, 490x605px
So I've been running in to a few problems while playing with my friend, movement, shooting, and psychic phase we have down for the most part but when it comes to morale and the assault phase I'm kind of at a loss. These may be newb questions so please bare with me.

For morale checks, do units have to take a morale check any time more than 25% of the unit is lost? Say it's a shooting phase and I have a unit of 5 space marines, 2 of them die. Do they take a morale check to see if they fall back? If on a later turn 1 more dies, a number drastically over 25% they take another morale check?

Do daemons only take morale checks in failed assaults or is it the same 25% of unit lost? I know they don't fall back and instead roll on daemon instability chart but.. say I just landed a sweet Plasma Cannon shot and vaporized most of a plaguebringer unit, they take a morale check and roll on instability?

Assault phase, say I charge an enemy unit, can I then charge that same unit with another unit? If so, how does that combat play out? While locked in combat does my opponent choose which unit he's attacking in combat? How are those wounds applied, based contact first and then closest models of that unit?

Disordered charges, I know some units have special rules that force enemy units to make disordered charges like I think beasts of nurgle do because of slime trail. I also (believe) I read that you can have one unit make a disordered charge against more than one enemy unit. How the fuck does that work? Brother Wai charges 4"towards Fire Warrior squad Assplunder while Brother Johnny says fuck that and runs in to a kroot squad thus locking all 3 units in to close combat?

I saw some "How To Play 40K" videos but its mainly 1 unit vs 1 unit and I'm just confused. Any help is appreciated, I'm sure these questions are dumb so I apologize, I just want to be able to play someone that isn't my friend and not have them stare at me like I'm a fucking moron or a cheater.
>>
>>49594386
>50 guardsmen
>3 sentinels
>1 command squad.
>3 heavy weapons dudes

That's an Emprah's Shield infantry platoon right there.

Add a command squad in the chimera, and you've almost sorta got a cadian battlegroup.
>>
>>49594145
FW already is completely official though. Everyone you play with can't possibly be such massively autistic spergs that they whine over a fucking Repressor?
>>
>>49592550
That would be utterly amazing
>>
Any chanse to get Orks Freebooterz supplement?
>>
This is my first list with Tyranids and I am still building a few models. I want to know where this army would be weak and what I could get to improve it.It is a 1850 oint list but I only get up to 1845.
2xHive Tyrant, wings, twin link devours, old adversary for one of them
2x set of 30 basic gaunts
2x set of Tervigons with crushing claws
2x set of three venomthrope
2x set of three Zoanthrope
1x exocrine
I will be trying to lay it later but since I am still building it I wanted to know if it was horrible before I put it together
>>
>>49594386
>Autocannons
Like a lot of them
For the infantry squads I went with plasma in the toons and melta on the vetmera, that makes it a full CAD
I miss this box, shits nice
>>
>>49594168
If you're good enough at greenstuffing coats, you could do that on the Acolytes. Or just add the arms, legs and heads onto Krieg bodies, and fix up any broken coats with greenstuff.
>>
>>49594386

>make it an armored sentinel with plasma cannon
>heavy weapon teams either autocannons or missile launchers
>by additional bases for the spare heavy weapons, use extra guardsmen as crew
>convert as many meltaguns as you can for the CCS and PCS, make them antitank counter attack units
>blob 50 guardsmen together into one giant platoon
>proxy one of the officers as a primaris psyker and attach him to the platoon
>hide Company command squad in the chimera, issue order to platoon out of it
>cast psychic powers on the platoon in conjunction with orders
>walkers run around throwing plasma blasts at things
>heavy weapon teams hiding in a building targeting light armor or throwing frag missiles at things
>>
>>49594464
What he said, but lascannons.

If it can die to frag missiles, it's already dead to massed lasguns.
>>
>>49594452
Not likely.

But I'd be interested to hear what you would want in a Free boota supplement.
>>
>>49594444

It's more about FW in general rather than one specific model.

I'm personally torn myself, and I don't really know how to explain why. If I do, I'm sure I'll sound equally autistic.

Point is moot because you can't get them from FW anymore, and I'm not skilled enough to craft one myself.
>>
>>49594411
>For morale checks, do units have to take a morale check any time more than 25% of the unit is lost?
If 25% of the current unit size is lost during a single shooting phase they have to take a morale check.

They also have to take a morale check if they lose an assault, no matter how many (or few) units were actually lose.

If you can charge a squad to be base to base against models from more than one unit, you may do so as a disordered charge. Essentially what you described, but usually the unit moves together (it is more for charging two squads that are next to each other). Disordered charges suck butt unless you have a rule to mitigate them.

Also bolters on death company are not the worst thing as they have relentless.
>>
>>49594454
You have too many elites in your list. Dont take Old Adversary, because Im assuming your running 2 Flyrants, its a useless upgrade. Take Electroschock grubs on the Flyrants. I personally like taking Dessicator Larvae on Tervigons, and taking a Miasma Cannon on one.
>>
>>49594508
Forgeworld said they're retooling the Repressor kit. It'll be back in a few months.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (198KB, 601x911px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
198KB, 601x911px
>>49594540
I'm sure
>>
>>49594411

1.Yes, Yes and Yes

2. I believe that demonic instability only happens in assault and that other morale checks happen as normal.

3. Yes, you treat it all as one big blob of an assault. Since you go by initiative order, that's what decides who attacked when. You opponent have to declare which models are attacking which squad and he can split attacks between the two (or more). All attacks have to be declared before rolling. Wounds are allocated and saved as normal.

4. Yes, as long as the two targets are close enough to be charged while maintaining unit cohesion.
>>
>>49594540
Just in time for plastic sisters.
>>
>>49594454
Some guy already mentioned old adversary being useless on flyrants, so give that the boot. you could cut 1 of the Tervigons and just give it regeneration to act as a psychic beacon/ permanent objective capper. Lose 1 of the venomthrope broods and give a neurothrope to each of those Zoanthrope broods, that dude can fuck shit up pretty damn well and extra warp charges don't hurt either. Biovores never hurt if you need extra long range anti-infantry and a whole set cost as much as a single carnifex. Speaking of filthy carnies, carnifexs with crushing claws and adrenal glands can just destroy any vehicle they get in range to and fleet helps them get there.

Most of the rest of it looks decent of it far as I can tell.
>>
>>49594540

>It'll be back Soon(tm)!

Because sisters shit has a good track record of returning kits/models.

Also, if it does, it'll probably be $115 plus shipping. Fuck that noise.
>>
Is it weird to have the same army as a housemate?
>>
>>49594605
Is it weird for you to touch dicks?
>>
>>49594605
The fact that you think it's weird might be indicative of something, but otherwise no.
>>
>>49594496

>you don't want 1 unit to deal with infantry, since you can only target one unit at a time with the platoon
>lascannon crews are one of the shittiest things to spend your points on. They're too fragile, and with BS 3 are too unreliable for the price. Meltaguns are the best option.
>>
>>49594596
Honesly I don't quite get this, it's pretty clear that niche factions are quite popular among the fanbase, hell look out how hype everyone is over genecults.
>>
>>49594514
>>49594593
2xHive Tyrant, wings, twin link devours
2x set of Tervigons with crushing claws one with regeneration
1x set of three venomthrope
2x set of three Zoanthrope each with one more model that is a Neurothropes
1x exocrine
Should I really scrap the second Tervigon? crushing claws seem to make it strong enough to take out most tank.Also how good are exocrines? I would prefer to have as many monstrous creatures as possible.
>>
>>49594691

No one gets it.

I just ordered a few more sisters from my LGS, and the manager asked his Rep why there were no plastic sisters, and she had no idea.

It's honestly baffling at this point.
>>
>>49594691
Hype over genecult is more because their rules are almost stupidly good. See how nobody is hyped over deathwatch?
>>
>>49594738
Exocrines are always nice, being able to choose between assault 6 for smaller targets, or a large blast is always great. The second Tervigon is a little unnecessary, and if you can, Id replace it with a Dakkafex. If you cant, its still a great objective holder.
>>
File: 1473315715398.gif (262KB, 244x244px) Image search: [Google]
1473315715398.gif
262KB, 244x244px
>>49594770
well it's combination of rules, models, and the fact that people have been thirsty for genecults for decades.

Look if sisters got an update with decent models and rules you would see similar hype.
>>
>>49594778
Are Trygons any good? I would like to replace the Tervigon if it would be worth it.
>>
>>49594738
They fuck up MEQs and TEQs at range with their gun...that also happens to have the same range as a boltgun. They need support so having guants screen them with a venomthrope or 2 giving them shroud makes them that much harder to kill. Otherwise the choice of pieplate str7ap2 or assault 6 str7ap2 can go really far against marines and okay against everyone else. Also I would say so, crushing claws on a tervigon kinda force you to put it in harms way and it's a little expensive, a carnifex with the same setup will have str10 with 5 attacks on the charge (if you kept 1 set of talons) all with armourbane going at initiative, which makes for much better tank removal. Also you can squad em up which helps get at least 1 of them to their intended target.
>>
>>49594816
If you run a Trygon, make it a Prime, taking twice the shots, being another synapse creature, and the ability to take relics is awesome.
>>
>>49594443
Where do I find info on emperor's shield stuff? I looked through codex I stole from the mobi files up top but can't find it.
>>
File: Good job.jpg (83KB, 760x614px) Image search: [Google]
Good job.jpg
83KB, 760x614px
>>49592657
that is an awesome scheme. don't use it for a joke chapter! its brilliant.
>>
>>49594871
Look through the Kauyon or Mont'ka campaign books for the Damocles Gulf Crusade, it has all the IG formations in it. Caveat emptor though, those formations require a lot of expensive models, points and dollar wise and with middling rules.
>>
>>49594504
1) Markzman Boyz - shoota boys, with +1 bs and opition to take weapons from other codex, as a Troops.
2) Boarding Nob Mob - Nobs with shield (like in heresy) and +1 ld.
3) Cheaper Flashgits or take them 3+.
4) Get fucking invulnerable saves back. =(
Some formations, like DS on 1st turn and chardge MANs and DS on 2nd turn Flashgits that can shoot in units locked in combat with MANs.
>>
>>49594894
Wow the armored fist detachment is a shit ton of leman rus models.

Does GW do bulkpacks of chimeras and rus tanks?
>>
>>49594322
>>49593414

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tf8ec9cakmw5r7j/The_Redeemer_-_Pat_Mills_amp_amp_Debbie_Gallagher_amp_amp_Wayne_Reynolds.cbr?dl=0
>>
>>49594613
Probably. Makes it pretty awkward when we're kissing in the shower.
>>
>>49594871
It's in the cadian supplement too
>>
>>49594929
You can buy a 3-pack of Russes, but that'll set you back 150 greenbacks. This is an expensive hobby, buddy.
>>
>>49595028
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/tf8ec9cakmw5r7j/The_Redeemer_-_Pat_Mills_amp_amp_Debbie_Gallagher_amp_amp_Wayne_Reynolds.cbr?dl=0
Cheers!
>>
>>49594929
Modern packs like the battlegroup hammerblow aren't actually a discount.

Only -$ they really have now is the start collecting boxes.
>>
Can I take more than one gift of gork and mork on a single character? Is it the same for the ghazzy supplement? "Only one of each of the following may be taken per army" no restrictions on per model basis?
>>
>>49594813
Yeah I know. I would be, I own ~2000pts worth of sisters.
>>
>>49595099
Hammerblow is actually very good army by itself.
>>
>>49595137
They FAQ'd it so you can only take one per model
>>
File: 1398983897665.jpg (65KB, 585x500px) Image search: [Google]
1398983897665.jpg
65KB, 585x500px
>>49595276
right? Like not even great rules, just "okay" and folks would be fucking buying them out.
>>
>>49595319
Well the rules were pretty great when I bought then in 3rd Edition. Redemptionist were borderline OP infantry. 85pts for fearless 10man squad with 2 autocannons that can strike 39 times during charge with I5 and Rending? 10 please!
>>
File: 100_1180.jpg (293KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
100_1180.jpg
293KB, 1280x960px
Do you like assassins?
How do you use them?
>>
>>49595393
Don't take this wrong at all but unfortunately I was 5 when 3rd edition came out so I'd love for some level of sisters hype to show up now! I would have loved to be around when they were hot shit
>>
>>49594829
>>49594830
2xHive Tyrant, wings, twin link devours and one with electroshock grubs
1x Tervigon
1x set of three venomthropes
1x set of three Zoanthropes each with one more model that is a Neurothropes
1x set of four Zoanthropes each with one more model that is a Neurothropes
2x exocrine
Still trying to this list right, would the new genestealers cults give me anything good?
>>
>>49595538
Id say that list looks good enough, the new Genecult is really good, but with them being Allies of Convenience, you need to watch out for your debuffs, like Shadows in the Warp. Id stick to just the Nids for now
>>
>>49595538
I think I should've clarified now that I see what you did there. Neurothropes are like Veteran Sargeants, you upgrade 1 of the Zoanthropes INTO a Neurothrope, you don't add another model into the brood. That was my fault, but you're making headway. Also is the tervigon really just barebones?
>>
>>49595590
I really just want them because I want to shove the guants in front, then throw in my monsters.
>>
>>49595434
I fuckin love'em. The vindicare is a good tank hunter and the culexus can sometimes save you but the other two are just bad :( My callidus once spent an entire game locked in combat with 2 scout sentinels... At least the eversor has meltabombs
>>
File: 20161001_162900.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161001_162900.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm just going to leave this here.
>>
>>49595434
Culexus are some of the best single models in the game against most of the top lists in the meta.
>>
>>49595615
Understandable, who doesn't like an army of Kaiju wrecking the place? Get with a friend who runs a lot of walkers and have a giant robot/monster fight. It's pretty great.
>>
>>49595640
Looking pretty good so far, anon.
>>
>>49595668
The huge guys are the reason I picked nids, figured even if I ended u hating the game I do like those big guys.
>>
File: 1470490860098.gif (235KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470490860098.gif
235KB, 550x400px
I enjoy the tone of 'hexagrammic wards" in reference to grey knights, but what actually are they? Some kind of tattoo or armor etching?
>>
>>49595710
Symbols that repel psychic activity and/or Chaos depending on the author.

Usually etched or carved into something, although you could just write them. My take is that, the more permanent the implementation, the harder it is to overcome the ward.

Don't all Grey Knights have them carved into their bones?
>>
>>49595710
theyre matt ward's signature giving them all disgusting sue armour
>>
Finished my first start collecting scions box. Should I get another box to expand? Just the dudes? A valkyrie?
>>
>>49595832
the usual answer is dudes and transports for dudes, but I don't really know how scions play so that might not be the case.
>>
>>49595739
Either them or Exorcists. I always like the dark flavor elements with them. Miss the old daemonhunters book.
>>
How do you shield Dakka models from T1 Combi-cide squads? Have recently had a series of games vs Bangles where my Kataphron Destroyers just get sniped turn 1 and then I can't counter DC in Land Raiders or Knights.
>>
>>49595839
Yeah. I magnetized a gun taurox - if I got a second one I might try missiles. I haven't actually used these guys outside of kill team so I'll have to see how well these things actually perform.

(Also valkyries are way cooler than mrap trucks)
>>
>>49595906
There are positioning tricks to castling your dudes up in the corner surrounded by chaff units spaced out to not allow a unit to DS in plasma range.
>>
>>49595906
Does admech have interceptor?
>>
>>49595941
Usually they are Sternguard with Kraken Rounds, an the only countermeasure I can normally put together is 4+ cover and some Vanguard to blast the offending squad afterwards. Quite new, so I tend not to have the models for bubblewrap. Would a couple of units of Inquisition Henchmen be enough to bubblewrap if I take 11 Acolytes and a Psyker in each for pistol/ccw cheap melee tarpit?
>>
>>49594615
Well, X has always said they'll eventually get wolves, but now I'm all on fire with this secessionist wolves idea so I don't know how much of a dick move that is on my part.
I mean it's at least 5/10 unless it's not weird to share a codex.
>>
How does this look for 1500 points?

+++ New Roster (1490pts) +++

++ Skitarii ++

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers [Omnispex, Ranger Alpha, 9x Skitarii Ranger]

Skitarii Vanguard [Omnispex, 2x Plasma caliver, 9x Skitarii Vanguard, Vanguard Alpha]

Skitarii Vanguard [Omnispex, 2x Plasma caliver, 9x Skitarii Vanguard, Vanguard Alpha]

+ Heavy Support +

Onager Dunecrawlers
··Onager Dunecrawler [Eradication Beamer]
··Onager Dunecrawler [Eradication Beamer]
··Onager Dunecrawler [Neutron Laser and Cognis Heavy Stubber]

++ Militarum Tempestus ++

+ HQ +

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [2x Tempestus Scion w/ Hot-shot Volley Gun, 2x Tempestus Scion w/ Plasma Gun]
··Tempestor Prime [Close Combat Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Warlord]

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [2x Tempestus Scion, 2x Tempestus Scion w/ Meltagun]
··Tempestor [Close Combat Weapon, Hot-shot Laspistol]

+ Fast Attack +

Valkyrie Squadron
··Valkyrie [2x Hellstrike Missiles, 2x Sponson-mounted Heavy Bolters, Multi-laser]
>>
>>49595955
Nope, unless one Skyfire Autocannon counts. Admech are shooty, by sadly we don't have the wealth of options like the Tau to give our bots any new rules. Comes with being a new codex with no supplements I suppose.
>>
>>49596024
If you're going for bubblewrap, take Imperial Guard.

If you want to go the inquisition route, take Coteaz. He lets any squad he's attached to fire on every unit that enters play within 12." Assuming Grav Destroyers, that's 6 dead astartes before they get to fire. That's either the whole squad, or he's investing a lot of resources to kill your Kataphrons.
>>
>>49594340
>>49594362
>>49594365
nobody tried to make marines with some proper load bearing equipment?
even for fun?
>>
>>49596061
Plan for Inquisition was Coteaz, a regular Inquisitor with some servo skulls in termie armor with some Crusaders for MC hunting and two units of henchmen kitted out however. But probably with Chimeras. If I started the Kataphron with LoS mostly blocked by a Chimera, then loaded up and used it as a firebase next turn , could that waste the Combis on the Transport or some of my screening troops?
>>
>>49596038
Give the scion tempestors a bolt pistol, it's free and it's more likely to be fired compared to a 9" ap3 pistol will ever be. Also give the Valkyries the rocket pods, you'll turn them into okay blob hunters that can fling 2/4/6! large blast templates a turn.
>>
>>49594214
so that firewarrior in the front is literally copy pasted 2 dudes behind him, right?
>>
>>49596038
Consider taking an aegis defense line for cover and reserves boosts, but otherwise looks pretty good
>>
File: 603648_sm-Raptors Sternguard.jpg (91KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
603648_sm-Raptors Sternguard.jpg
91KB, 600x900px
>>49596084
>>
File: raptor_scouts_fb1.jpg~original.jpg (79KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
raptor_scouts_fb1.jpg~original.jpg
79KB, 700x520px
>>49596177
>>
>>49591561
just look at what the squats had
>>
>>49596127
Not a bad idea I just doubt I can fit it at 1500. I'm at 1490 with that as is.
>>
>>49595434
I like them in concept but the only one I like on the tabletop is the Vindicare just because I adore snipers. I run one with my stealthy/ambush Tau.

The army does the bulk of the work but the Vindi (fluffed as a kroot headhunter character) saves bacon cause he snipes away any big guns hiding in squads that threaten my other dudes. He may kill 1 model per turn but he's saved me hundreds of points worth every turn.

Assassins used as regular combat units is totally the wrong way to go about them. They're more of a force multiplier or shield.
>>
If I were to add full genestealer heads, arms including metamorph arms and maybe a leg or two onto a cadian torso, would those maybe pass as counts as metamorphs?
>>
>>49596285
Sounds like it would probably pass okay, yeah.
>>
File: 1474738315259.gif (937KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1474738315259.gif
937KB, 500x281px
>>49596177
Please post more tacticool operator marines. Please.
>>
File: 231487567.png (257KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
231487567.png
257KB, 499x468px
>>49596177
>>49596189
>>
How are the new Genestealer Cult figures? I was fixing to pick up some Neophyte Hybrids, but I'm unsure about whether or not they're worth it.
>>
What is the most inexpensive way to get back into 40k? I sold most of my older stuff.

Probably start out low points with buddies at store.

I used to play Orks and IG and kinda want something a bit different

What are some good inexpensive forces?

How are eldar? I saw their "Start collecting" box only had 5 models. How could this possibly form a force?

How about the ones included in that Death Masque box?
>>
>>49594322
>PDF fags need to learn how to convert for themselves.

Seeings they're usually not clinically retarded they won't sperg out at the mere thought of using a separate purpose coded reader.
>>
File: 1470770017360.jpg (2MB, 5120x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1470770017360.jpg
2MB, 5120x1440px
I was wanting to try a Thousand Sons army, but everyone says they are not viable, I have an Ahriman to center around, I just don't have any tabletop experience.
-csm
>>
>>49595099
The Genecults have some savings, the Brood cycle is 218£ instead of the normal ~240£
>>
>>49596471
Their models are old an ugly and they are very weak competitively, but if you are ok with non-mono builds (that is to say if you are willing to take other kinds of units) you can still win casual games sometimes
>>
>>49596506
What other types of units would help TS? What makes them so bad?
>>
>>49596457

Pretty much grab a Start collecting box if it has at least 2 units you want (which it probably does as they usually have troops + HQ) then just try and get anything else you need/want from there. Sadly Orks + IG are not the cheapest of armys due to the mass amount of bodies they can fields for cheap on the points heavy on the wallet.
>>
>>49596457
Eldar are one of the most, if not the most, powerful factions in the game right now.

Jet bikes are especially powerful.

The Harlequins in the Death Mask box are their own faction and not normal Eldar, but you can ally them with Eldar. They are very elite and quick but fragile units. On their own, harlequins are missing too much stuff to be a complete force, but with allies they are much stronger.
>>
Genestealer cult Epub or PDF when?
>>
>>49596527
What would you grab after the start collecting box for eldar?

The fuck happened to battleforces?
>>
>>49596524
You are paying a lot of points for a marine statline on a slow unit.

Tzeentch psychic discipline doesn't really have any interesting synergy going on, but it has some ok powers.

Chaos marines in general have the philosophy of "pay more to get less" than the loyalist counterparts, and Thousand Sons seem to embody the idea pretty fully.

I know it is not quite the same, but you could just use the loyalist book to play Thousand Sons. That doesn't fix the models though.
>>
>>49596556
If you want to be a cheese monger you would pick up a Wraith Knight and as many jetbikes as you can carry.

Alternatively, since the Start Collecting! box is considered a formation, just buy 4-5 of them and that can be your entire army.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161001-165344.jpg (859KB, 1394x2278px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161001-165344.jpg
859KB, 1394x2278px
In response to whether or not 2+ armor should be allowed in HoR, the community (mostly taufags, from their post history)
>>
File: Start Collecting! Values BW.jpg (435KB, 1154x526px) Image search: [Google]
Start Collecting! Values BW.jpg
435KB, 1154x526px
>>49596457
>What is the most inexpensive way to get back into 40k? I sold most of my older stuff.

Ebay, craigslist or similar used goods sites.

>I used to play Orks and IG and kinda want something a bit different
>What are some good inexpensive forces?
Elite armies in general are different and fairly affordable.

If you're not afraid of some trading the Overkill and Death Masque boxed sets (Well a boardgame with GW minis and a boxed set) can give you a solid start on a elite Deathwatch army.

Overkill gives you 10 cool unique marines and a shitload of genestealer cult minis.
The trick is the Genestealer cult half are currently the ONLY way for genestealer cult players to get Abberants so they go for crazy good prices second hand, and the rest sell very well too, you can realistically expect to make at least half the box's value back, 2/3d without much trouble too.

Death masque gets you a 7th ed mini rulebook, great for use or resale, a solid core of Deathwatch marines and some eldar harlequins which may or may not sell well.

>How are eldar? I saw their "Start collecting" box only had 5 models. How could this possibly form a force?

>>49596556
>What would you grab after the start collecting box for eldar?

Depends how beardy you wanna go, for max beard, more bikes, and most anything called Wraith-something

>The fuck happened to battleforces?
They are still around but normally there's very little saved.
>>
>>49596606
specifically the person is sad/mad about an iridum commander, and rightly so because they're cheap for a pile of wounds at a 2+ that is extremely mobile and carries around brutal ranged stuff.
>>
>>49596564
I have a lot of the theme colors and just the one Ahriman model, maybe I should paint up a different army to use.
>>
>>49596665
Oh right iridium can move as a normal suit this ED.
>>
>>49595393
Holy fuck SoB when?
>>
>>49595484
Well I was 11-17 at that time. It was pretty wild with Iron Warriors and Alaitoc Eldars. Damn even Ork Speed Freekz were tournament winning list.
>>
>>49596538
It's posted in the other thread.
>>
File: whoa you go big guy.png (88KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
whoa you go big guy.png
88KB, 500x257px
Tell me about your own custom armies /tg/

>what species/army are they?

>what is its name?

>what colors do they sport?

>what sets them apart from the others aside from color?

>do they have a battlecry?
>>
could someone post the stats for the sismic cannons of neophyte hybrids?
>>
>>49596792
http://imgur.com/a/tncVh
Whole GSC-codex.
>>
>>49596556
>>49596594
So eldar foot sloggers are useless?

Wouldnt buying a bunch of that box be way too many heavy support and HQs?

Are 6 bikes a farseer and warlock on bikes and two fire prisms really a usable and competitive list?

Isn't that only like 800 points?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161001-170956.jpg (625KB, 1421x1724px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161001-170956.jpg
625KB, 1421x1724px
>>49596606
More wonderful responses.
Reminder this is about a 67 point T6 3W model with 2+ armor
>>
>>49596813
thank you man
>>
What is a good army to run at my local store?
>>
>>49596815
footdar are only useless in comparison to the ridiculously good other choices that are available

footdar are not bad

As for SC! boxes as your army, if you go that route you will need many boxes, but bikes can belch out so many s6 shots that you can melt almost anything that doesn't have an armor value
>>
>>49596823
Its "only" T5.

But god damn it sucks ass. More than once has that leader snuck up the flanks and wrecked havoc with plasmarifle and powerweapon. So what if you have shitty ws, you have S5 and multiple attacks with ridiculous toughness against normal single models.

Iridium Armour needs to either be a) banned b) nerfed down hard.
>>
How's my list?

>2x Hive Tyrant - 480 (2x TL Dev, ESG, Wings)

>Tervigon (Regen) - 225

>30 Termagaunts - 120

>Mucolid Spore - 15

>Malanthrope - 85

>Venomthrope - 45

>2x Zoanthrope - 100

>Harpy (Stinger Salvo) - 145

>Spore Mine Cluster - 25

>Mawloc (Regen, Adrenal Glands) - 185

>Sporocyst - 75

Total: 1500

Venomthrope may seem a bit redundant, but if it hangs around the back it can extend the reach of the shrouded bubble while not being in danger of leaving synapse range.
>>
I have some black templars and a couple of squads worth of sisters of battle (from my dad)

Outside of the fluffiness, is there anyway to get the most from my bolter bros and hos?
>>
>>49596681
Rumor is that we might get new Thousand Sons models and rules in Fenris pt II. But no pics have been leaked so maybe it's bullshit. We should know in a month or two.
>>
>>49596885
CSM already got their new bi-annual model so they aren't getting new models
>>
>>49596823
>space marines and tau are the only armies in 40k
I play Tyranids so I actually have access to Rending and even Instant Death, but fuck these guys, holy shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161001-172507.jpg (585KB, 2400x1284px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161001-172507.jpg
585KB, 2400x1284px
>>49596866
B-but it's 87 points! That's so overcosted!

>>49596922
>nids
Nice me too
>>
>>49596868
general rule is not to mix mawlocs with crones
either run 3 mawlocs or 2 crones

what is the theme or tactical reason for this list?
I can't see how it could be efficient or successful come tun 4
>also never upgrade a mawloc
>>
>>49596524

Thousand Sons are a 23 pt/model unit with fearless, 4++ and AP3. Downsides are marine stat line, AP3 Bolters (emphasis on bolters) no grenades or weapon options, slow and purposeful (no overwatch, running, sweeping advance) and 1 attack/model.

They are a slow shooting unit with pitiful range, low mobility and you can charge them with anything and they will be stuck in combat for the rest of the game since they can not break from fearless, don't die from 3+/4++, and can't kill from the pitiful number of attacks.

Sorcerers in the unit are ML 1 and have to roll on Tzeentch so they get an LOLRADNDUMB blast with 1 of 3 other powers, hopefully doombolt.

Basicly you play them by moving 6" then ending your turn if nothing is in range or making your 8 shots @ 24" if something is (ya bolters)

They are just too expensive to be effective in any capacity other than a 20 man fuck you good luck killing me in melee squad I made once for a campaign game.

I ran 3 squads of 9 @242 ea with a sorcerer @180 or Ahriman and then ~500 pts of obliterators, daemon engines(no helturkies), or dreads. and won 5 out of the ~120 games I played in the year and a half I play consistently (mostly due to luck with maelstrom objectives).

TLDR You need to be a special kind of crazy to run Rubrics but if you are that kind of crazy you will probably enjoy them.
>>
>>49596789
Tyranids
Splinter Fleet Sirocco
Fleshy flesh, brown carapace with grey stripes, black claws
Subterranean assault army before Lictorshaming became the hot new shit
They screech
>>
>>49596982
Why is that?

Mainly because those are the models I like, the tactical thought was to have a large OS blob moving upfield and holding objectives while the mobile units harassed and distracted.

And why should you never upgrade a Mawloc?
>>
>>49597032
You want Mawlocs to be cheap, if they actually manage to get on the board they're gonna be a big distraction for the unwary, and will probably be blasted off the table before they can do any more damage.
Remember the onlu advantage nids have note, everything LOOKS scary, play that to your end and you're golden.
>>
>>49596885
this would make sense, TS are getting lots of book coverage and it would pump sales
>>
>>49596606
Feel like deathwing and chaos terminators are flavorful when it comes to kill teams.
>>
Going into a tournament soon with my new Ork army. It's a friendly one -- just guys I know at our local club.

How cringey would it be to play CCR's Bad Moon Rising as the intro theme for my first game as my Yellow Bad Moonz Orks?
>>
>>49597075
Ok, fair enough. Does this look any better?

>2x Flyrant - 480 (2x TL Dev, ESG)

>Tervigon (Regen) - 225

>30 Termagaunts - 120

>Mucolid Spore - 15

>Mawloc - 140

>Mawloc - 140

>Harpy (Stinger Salvo) - 145

>Malanthrope - 85

>3x Zoanthrope - 150
>>
File: _sacrifice_.jpg (44KB, 360x461px) Image search: [Google]
_sacrifice_.jpg
44KB, 360x461px
>>49596823
As an IG player I would say spam plasma SWT, but I'd say the problem
with that is more that it's fucking expensive trying to get all those plasma guns.
>>
>>49597080
I play Orks and love Thousand Sons. If they made a Harlequin tier mini-dex for Sons with some new models I'd buy that shit on pre-order no questions asked.
>>
>>49596861
One you like
>>
>>49596861
CSM
>>
>>49591390
http://www.mediafire.com/?7roqnuiij16umwr
Half way done scan, will finish tommorow
It's October white dwarf BTW
>>
>>49593489
>I want my new Thousand son models and rules
I hope you enjoy the new hydra dominatus detatchment, because that's why you'll get, along with the fuck u daemons detatchment for the GK that will cast a -1 to all enemy invulnerable saves and -2 to daemons at 6++ minimum and some dataslates for wolves and cypher.
>>
File: Death Company.jpg (300KB, 680x1504px) Image search: [Google]
Death Company.jpg
300KB, 680x1504px
Making a 2k list using the Lost Brotherhood Strike force for a tourny in a few months. How does it look?
>>
>>49596789
My main with the most fluff is my Tau.
Honestly haven't thought of a good/fitting name yet. Can't decide on if it'll be a Sept, a hunter cadre or a specialized team.

They have the Salamanders colour scheme, so really nice deep foresty emerald but with most of the black areas a rich brown/leather.

They generally spurn the use of battlesuits aside from Stealth-field ones. They have received extensive training with Kroot allies so they are proficient with forest DIY like building cover out of logs and being sneaky gits. They specialize in ambushes and hit'n'run on special weaponry so as to disassemble an invading force piecemeal. The philosophy revolves around finding greatness in being self-sufficient, because while technological advancement is great, true greatness comes from not being solely reliant on it. Strength of body and mind tempered together with the soul of the Greater Good.

And no they don't have a warcry, it defeats the point. But maybe it's the crack of rail rifle fire.
>>
>>49596963
the main problem is that third wound, I think

You can get past T5 and the 2+, but three wounds in addition to all that? I know HoR adds wounds to basic squad leaders, but crisis suits don't really need further buffs.

Also why does he have ap3 in melee? crisis suits don't have that option.
>>
>>49597198
>http://www.mediafire.com/?7roqnuiij16umwr
What does it contain? I'm on a crappy internet right now and dont wanna waste few hours downloading that if its just some lame AoS-shit.
>>
>>49597015
Don't forget the Sorcerer is 58 points mandatory, only has a pistol, 1 wound and doesn't have a spell familiar so he'll likely die from perils extremely easily. For a model that's 2 points less expensive than the HQ Sorc with a superior statline.. that's fucked up.

>You need to be a special kind of crazy to run Rubrics but if you are that kind of crazy you will probably enjoy them.
Mah nigga. I do love mine but the army is far too boring and I can't field jack shit thanks to how expensive my core is. I am always several outgunned and outmanned.
>>
>>49596815
Unless you get them transports, yes.
Warp Spiders and Hawks are pretty great though, but yes, you'll be stuck with 5 monopose finecrap models for each of them so spamming them is likely going to be a hassle.
If you really want to play Eldar, just make sure you make a balanced army and don't spam scatbikes. They're so good you'll still be winning regularly without spamming bikes, so there's no point becoming a WAAC tourneyfag tier faggot.
>>
>>49597265
Literally just 10 extra points for ap3 melee
>>
>>49597321
HoR why would you do this

I know you've probably got weebs working on shit but tau don't have power katanas.
>>
>>49597160
When is this supposed to hit? I really like TS lore and colors and would like to continue building my army.
>>
>>49597198
Oh a free comic. Mind scanning that, too? Pretty please?
>>
>>49597210
I expect anything for TS will be better than how they are currently.
>>
>>49597358
Because they don't have outside voices on codex development, it's just the people developing the codex who decide what flies, that's why some (nids, orks, de) are far more considerate and balanced than others (tau, sw, dw)
The people developing them are skewing crunch in their armies favour
>>
>>49597198
Thanks.

WTF were they thinking putting a green ball sack on that one hybrids chin
>>
Any reasoning behind traitor sentinels being able to take any of the equipment that normal guard sentinels can take except for plasma?

I have a fetish for plasma weapons and am feeling disappointed.
>>
>>49597032
People dont mix crones and mawlocs because they are about the same points and kinda require totally different armies
>3 crones, use 5 tyrants
>3 mawlocs, 3 tyrants (if your flgs allows you, take 6 mawlocs) and some lictors possibly deathleaper

They generally do about the same thing, crowd control and ap2 attack without cover saves
S8 vector strike+drool cannon or S6 large blast and a little melee with hit and run
>>
>>49591535
Please understand
>>
>add missile launcher or heavy bolter to Space Marine Scout team
>they still have stealth
>>
>>49597465
Either oversight on Forge World's fault, or the "Chaos can't have plasma cannons" meme
>>
>>49596789
Blood Angels successors

Cruzificators

Grey,bronce/gold and red

Small numbers due to the fact that they are very prone to the black rage and very agressive tactics, taking Prisoners, crucify said prisoners

For the Angel / He(Sanguinius) is with us
>>
>>49597595
>Give Company Command all camo and carapace
>Master of the Fleet just stands out like a sore thumb
>Fucking Navy
>>
File: the delegates Dahnald.jpg (264KB, 501x657px) Image search: [Google]
the delegates Dahnald.jpg
264KB, 501x657px
>>49597639
>Cruzificators

Give me the planet, heretic.

I'm not going to ask you again...
>>
>>49597396
oh, is that how they've set it up?

Bummer.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that GsC dont look strong at all?

You have a CHANCE at a first turn assault, but even if you do, theyre ork boyz with rending. That isnt very good at all.

They arent survivable at all and pack little punch outside their special weapons that are OK
>>
>>49597807
we only do that to heretics
and xenos
and heretic xenos
we would also crucify demons, but they happen to disappear to fast.
One time we crucified a necron, but it didnt seem to care, so we shot it several times.Fucking Necrons, i hate them....
Anyway, how are we heretics ? Just because we enjoy torturing enemies, drink their blood and enjoy their pain ?
>>
>>49597878
Just wait&see. There is a good reason why people are hyped about them.

And its very different how many squads can do turn1 extrashooting/charge when you have 16 units and 6 of them roll 2d6 on ambush chart and one rolls 3d6. Average ~4 first turn charges will happen.
>>
>>49597899
I'm not impying you're heretics, I'm saying you should name your Chapter Master Rafael.
>>
>>49597955
Example 1500 list:

GSC decurion

Magus - lvl2

Brood Cycle
3x Acolyte Hybrids: Heavy Rock Drill
2x Neophyte Hybrids: 2x Seismic/2x Lasers
Hybrid Metamorphs: 5x claws
Purestrains Genestealers

Subterrenean Uprising
Primus
3x Metamorphs - 5x Claws, Icon
4x Acolytes - 5x Rockdrill, Icon

GSC Combined Arms Detachment
Magus
Magus

2x Neophyte Hybrids - 2x Mining Laser

In our local tournament pack our rulescouncil ruled that servokulls wont affect Cult Ambush
>>
>>49598023
why ? So far i planned on calling him Pontius
i just now noticed that someone shopped the Zodiac killer into that pic
>>
>>49598107
>>49597807
i am an idiot
cruzificators
ted cruze
i feel like i just transcended retardation
>>
>>49597841
Yeah, I'm in the Tyranid dev group (I mostly watch) and most people are concerned about making stuff too broken, a friend of mine is in the tau dev group and he says they're so chocked full of people pushing insane op shit that the stuff that does get through is still stupidly broken
>>
>>49597807
Wtf I hate the Emperor now
>>
>>49597359
Probably never. We'll most likely get a few formations at least in the next few months.
>>
File: 1474202139663.jpg (77KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474202139663.jpg
77KB, 640x640px
Guy returning to game with guard and space marines here.

Here is everying I have for guard currently.

70 Cadian Guardsman 30 built with 8 las 1 sargeant and 1 flamer rest unbuilt

10 Deathcorps troopers (1 sargeant and 1 grenademan)

1 HQ command team (Commander, standard, meltagun, Meltagun, Vox guy (Master of ordinance) medic)

1 platoon command team (Standard, Medic, Commander with PWRS/PlasmaP, Plasma gun and melta gun)
1 enough random guardsmen to make another platoon command

1 chimera (unbuilt)

1 rus with no side cannons and standard battlecannon

2 Sentinal armored with las cannons

1 Sentinal armored with auto cannon (Unbuilt)

3 heavy weapon platforms unbuilt

1 las - 1 auto cannon 1 morter 1 heavy bolter - built heavy weapon teams

2 deathcorps las cannons

1 deathcorp heavy bolter

1 deathcorps missile launcher

Commisar Yarrik

Could I make a usable army out of this if I built all the unbuilt stuff?
>>
>>49598400
depends on how many points you want to play
>>
File: 1465992978778.jpg (1MB, 1850x1825px) Image search: [Google]
1465992978778.jpg
1MB, 1850x1825px
>>49598412
I have no idea what they play at local store.

Any idea what point range this shit could get me to?

Or a decent starter list I could fuck around with and build off of?

whatever I decide on I will probably do a few test games on tabletop simulator if I can find opponents.
>>
>>49598400

Easily

>>49598437

Average points level is around 1500

Battlescribe is a good army builder program
>>
>>49598437
listen to that other guy
below 500 points its a waste of time, 500-1500 is okay for starter games, 1500-2000 is where most games are played. Battlescribe is awesome, you can use it as app or on PC ( or on both and then you can connect them via dropbox )
>>
File: 1467534777813.jpg (794KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467534777813.jpg
794KB, 1920x1080px
>>49598457
>>49598484
My main issue atm is I have no idea how new order system works.

I quit in 5th edition after only playing one tournament with orkz.

Any advice on guard front with the stuff I have from a meta standpoint.

Like decent choices for outfitting squads/heavy weapons. (grenade launchers vs flamers) (What to outfit my vets with)

Future purchases guard players would recommend?
>>
How long till battlescribe updates

I have no idea how many points of GSC ive just bought and im too lazy to do addition
>>
>>49598566
i prefer nade launcher over flamers, but many people prefer it the other way round
vets are Vets with meltas are good against vehicls
i can always recommend additional Leman russ tanks and wyverns
>>
>>49598400
I absolutely would love to do this with my kommandos
>>
Is anyone else a wee bit dissapointed in the HQ section of the Genesneaky Cult list? None of them have any options that would change the model, Dave relics. Customising the general is one of the most fun aspects of list/model making, but the GSC list effectively has zero options.
This is one of the reasons I don't play Warmachine, and I hope it doesn't hint at things to come for GW.
>>
>>49598700
It's a hallmark of Tyranids fucknuts
>>
>tfw when have the overwhelming urge to start up GSC army
>when I started collecting chaos a year ago
>when I've never even played a game yet
>>
GSC Test game with the Overkill contents against Tau. Not really competitive, obviously couldn't build an efficient list, mostly took boat loads of Genestealers that I already owned and allied a few Tyranids in.

Lesson learned:

If you don't have the first turn, leave as little as possible on the board. Stuff that you can keep hidden, protected inside vehicles.

Giddy over the Genestealer buffs, I made the mistake of bringing them in via Cult Ambush on turn 1 while the rest of my GSC units waited for turn 2 reserve rolls. Yes, this was a dumb idea. Even the 20 deep First Curse couldn't stand up to two turns of fire warriors rapid firing. My Biomancy rolls were admittedly shit, the only usable power being Haemorrhage. Two broods of 8 suffered similar fates, as I had not been lucky enough to roll a 6 between the three of them.

The rest, save the Aberrants, waltzed onto the board is a similarly underwhelming fashion. I had split my Acolytes into two 6 man squads with the aim of increasing the number of 6s I could potentially roll, but still got nothing. A bunch of completely ineffectual pistol shots. I did get the mind control power off first, which I used on his Riptide, to little effect as he failed to even put a dent in his own Hammerhead's side armor. The Neophyte squad, including the Magus, attempted to mass fire on his sole Riptide which had been getting some unlucky reactor rolls and was already wounded. The subsequent autogun rapid fires and odd grenade and mining laser were ineffectual.

Dice weren't going my way, but I definitely made some major missteps that exacerbated things. I figure the more you have to drop at dangerously close ranges all at once, the better - especially if they can shoot.
>>
>>49598838
is your chaos army at least fully painted?
>>
>>49598782
Wings, several biomorph guns, claws, whips, swords, tails, poison sacs.
>>
>>49598700
I have almost the exact opposite feeling. I hate overly complex HQ units. Put all my creativity into the models and never think twice about running HQ's bare bones, maybe toss him in a transport or something.
>>
>>49598953
But you can at least admit it's nice to have the option, right?
>>
>>49598898
>My Biomancy rolls were admittedly shit, the only usable power being Haemorrhage.
Haemorrhage is the worst power in Biomancy and one of the worst powers in the core rulebook.

>shooting autoguns and grenade launchers at a Riptide
Oh shit, nigger, what are you doing? You have next to no chance of hurting that thing with any of those. That firepower should have gone after Markerlights->Fire Warriors->Small Suits in that order.
>>
>>49596084
I'm not a huge fan of tacticool Marines. If we're to stay with the knight theme of Marines, it'd fit their style to have like satchel and bags on their belts, hanging at their hips or even bags and equipment attached to the backpack. More medieval and knightly. Tacticool vests, I find, don't work that well with hard armour. It needs a softer, more organic body beneath it. I really liked the stuff they did in Dark Sector, where you had Warframe style biosuit things (same dev on both) which still had webbing on them with nylon straps and buckles. I don't think something like Master Chief would look that good with tacticool vest over his armour.

That's how I've tried approaching equipping my Marines, traitor and loyalist. Less pouches on the torso, shoulders and thighs and more satchels and bags on the belt and hips, equipment hung on the backpack, etc.
>>
>>49598782
No, it's not.

A hallmark of Tyranids is having by far the most options of any codex, because they adapt to any situation and are constantly evolving and genesplicing new creatures for every conceivable strategic and tactical niche it can fulfill in the swarm.

Cruddace gutted our biomorphs because he's an asshole.

Genestealer Cults, however, is a different animal. You can't just compare them to Tyranids. Frankly I'm not surprised they have nothing in the way of options for the HQs given that all of them are monopose figures lifted out of the Overkill set, except the Iconward which is also a monopose clampack character. Modern GW simply doesn't allow options anymore for things that aren't in the kits.
>>
>>49598566
>I have no idea how new order system works.
Did you try reading the book?
>>
>>49598898

And here's what I'm thinking for an eventual 1850 list:

Primary Detachment - Cult Insurrection

The First Curse - Total 400 pts

Patriarch (ML2, Familiar) - Total 120 pts

Purestrain Genestealers (20 Genestealers) - Total 280 pts

Neophyte Cavalcade - Total 660 pts

Neophyte Hybrids (2 Mining Lasers, Chimera DT) - Total 155 pts

Neophyte Hybrids (2 Mining Lasers, Chimera DT) - Total 155 pts

Scout Sentinel Squadron (2 Sentinels w/Autocannons) - Total 90 pts

Leman Russ Squadron (2 Exterminators) - Total 280 pts

The Doting Throng - Total 410 pts

Magus (ML2, Crouchling) - Total 85 pts

Neophyte Hybrids (15 shotgun Neophytes, Leader, 2 Flamers) - Total 95 pts

Neophyte Hybrids (15 Neophytes, Leader, Seismic Cannon, 2 Grenade Launchers) - Total 115 pts

Neophyte Hybrids (15 Neophytes, Leader, Seismic Cannon, 2 Grenade Launchers) - Total 115 pts

Secondary Detachment CAD

HQ

Magus (ML2) - Total 65 pts

Troops

Acolyte Hybrids (9 Acolytes, Rock Drill, Leader, Goliath DT) - Total 152 pts

Acolyte Hybrids (10 Acolytes, Rock Drill, Leader, Goliath DT) - Total 160 pts

Total Points: 1847

If I run into stuff with 14 or 13 armor all around I will have some difficulty, pretty much the mining lasers or the rock drills will be the only thing that can cut it, but all those autocannons hitting side or rear armors should crack open transports or medium armored tanks.
>>
>>49599079
>Modern GW simply doesn't allow options anymore for things that aren't in the kits.
In a lot of ways, I'm actually kinda glad that GW hasn't updated CSM. We're going to lose a ton of HQ options unless they start churning out new plastic characters for us.
>>
>>49599068

No I mean the only power I rolled that the Patriarch could actually use was Haemorrhage. The Primaris can't be used because it's a shooting profile witchfire and I rolled the OTHER shooting profile witchfire on that table as well.

And yea, literally at that point the only things alive on the table were the ones that had just walked on and a Zoanthrope brood. Me going after the Riptide was largely out of spite because he hates it when it dies.
>>
>>49598898
It sounds like you had absolutely no idea what you were doing, honestly.

How the fuck did you give him two turns worth of rapid fire shooting on your genestealers? The second you failed to roll a 6 during deployment you should have either placed them somewhere out of line of sight where they could run out and charge next turn, or just bunkered them all the way in the far corner and then used Return To Shadows on your first movement phase to put them back into ongoing Reserves.

Mindcontrolling the Riptide should have led to you overcharging the gun and dropping a pie plate on his infantry, not wasting shots on a hammerhead.

Autoguns on a Riptide was fucking retarded, as was already mentioned by another anon.

Also Biomancy is a waste of time with this army, roll Broodmind always (ALWAYS) so you can summon more 'stealers and acolytes which come in with Cult Ambush and can potentially immediately charge, or failing that, lower your enemies Ballistic Skill with the Primaris.
>>
>>49598838
and im getting into space marine painting even though I have no intention of getting more than a few squads or playing the game for several years, until I have a stable job and life.
>>
>>49597304
>Don't forget the Sorcerer is 58 points mandatory, only has a pistol,

He comes stock with a Force Weapon. While that's not AMAZING, it's more than just a pistol.
>>
>>49599079
>Cruddace gutted our biomorphs because he's a bona fide cunt.

FTFY

>Modern GW simply doesn't allow options anymore for things that aren't in the kits.

Unless you're Space Marines.
>>
>>49599122
Not him, but what I targetted with the Riptide would probably be based on what was in LoS/cover and what weapons the Riptide had. Heavy Burst Cannon into the flank of a Hammerhead would be mighty nifty for a list that was lacking the ranged anti-tank to deal with it otherwise.
>>
>>49599121
>The Primaris can't be used because it's a shooting profile witchfire
Are you using the Codex, or the Ghosar Broodkin rules from WD?

Because Patriarch has BS 4, he can use any Witchfire powers.
>>
>>49599149
Sure, but he's in a shooting squad. While using him to hunt down the odd Monstrous Creature that wanders by can be useful, he doesn't really want to be actively going into close combat since you're going to lock your 150+ point shooting unit into a protracted combat.
>>
>>49599161
Yeah I'll admit that without being there seeing the full context of the battlefield, it's possible he made the right call.

But all the other stuff was just bad, bad decision making.
>>
As a CSM player that started with the Gavdex, what's always really pissed me off was how much my already subpar army got nerfed going to the Sixth edition codex. My marines lost their built-in CC, they went down a pip in base leadership, my Mark of Tzeentch went down to a 6++ base, my Icons no longer functioned as Deep Strike homers, and my psykers lost their extra cast due to Tzeentch and got saddled with a remarkably shitty and random discipline.
>>
File: P1010441.jpg (2MB, 3240x4320px) Image search: [Google]
P1010441.jpg
2MB, 3240x4320px
So I'm trying to determine a good asking price for selling off my space wolves. Sick of the direction the army has taken want to start fresh with something like Deathwatch or maybe even mechanicus

I have 2 dreads (one being Bjorn), a land raider, 5 terminators, one wolf lord in termi armor, 23 grey hunters, 5 long fangs, a rhino, a rune priest and a wolf lord on a thunderwolf. Also got a partially painted/assembled contemptor. Comes out to over 2000 points worth of stuff with most of the infantry being unpainted.

Considering its well over $430 dollars worth msrp would $250 be a reasonable asking price or should I expect lower.
>>
>>49599122

I fully admit to making some pretty big mistakes. The Return to Shadows thing is my own fault - I didn't check my rulebook and assumed that turn 1 ambushing troops could not use it, not noticing that that restriction only applies to ones that had entered via reserves.

>Mindcontrolling the Riptide should have led to you overcharging the gun and dropping a pie plate on his infantry, not wasting shots on a hammerhead.

I actually did try for this as best I could, I was angling a shot on the corner of the Hammerhead and hoping it would scatter onto the Fire Warriors hiding behind it and a bunch of other stuff that I had no LOS on.

Biomancy was a decision based on the fact that there was no easy way to shield a 20 man squad from Tau - cover is a non issue for them, I was aiming for an Endurance roll. That said, I feel like a bigger idiot for not noticing this: >>49599168

>>49599161

This was pretty much the situation.
>>
>>49599253

And the best part is it can only go down hill from here!
>>
>>49599157
>Unless you're Space marines.
Then they get Forgeworld to make it, usually.
>>
>>49599283
>I was angling a shot on the corner of the Hammerhead and hoping it would scatter onto the Fire Warriors hiding behind it and a bunch of other stuff that I had no LOS on.
You can't wound things that you don't have LoS on, unless you're indirect firing a Barrage weapon.
>>
>>49599324
So why did, for example, IG lose all those units from the codex FW was making kits for?
>>
>>49599383
Because whatever committee was handling the new book was determined to get rid of all of cruddace's good rules.
>>
>>49599383
I'm still mad
>>
>>49599383
Because cruddace needs to be purged, for the good and the bad
>>
>>49596769
What other thread
>>
>>49599079
Pranked
>>
>>49598566
Order System is segregated into two different types:
Conventional Orders work like so: In the shooting phase, "Junior" Officers (that is, platoon command squads) can yell one squad within 12 inches of them, including their own squad, and tell them to do a special action. These actions are things like 'Fire one extra shot this shooting phase' (First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire), 'Everyone fire Precision Shots' (Take Aim), 'Take a shot then move 6 inches' (Forwards, for the Emprah) 'Run Super Fast' (Move, Move, Move!) and so on. "Senior" Officers (Company Commanders) can Issue 2 orders in a single turn.

For a unit to obey any orders they must take a Leadership test. If they pass they follow orders. If they fail they just play as normal.

Tank Commanders:
Tank Commanders are special: They get their own special orders that only apply to his own unit of 2-3 tanks. Furthermore instead of a leadership check you just roll 2D6: On a 9 or less the orders succeed.

Critical Fail:
On a double 6 Leadership check you can no longer order units for this turn.
Critical Success:
On a double 1 Leadership Check all orders for the rest of the turn autopass.
>>
What skills should be on a Veteran Skills for CSM?
>>
>tfw not a single decent battle report where the Tau player doesn't use riptides, stormsurges, mass crisis or a combo of these
What's a nigga gotta do to see some casual Tau gameplay?
>>
File: 1408853677228.jpg (229KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1408853677228.jpg
229KB, 800x800px
>>49592898
God-Emperor I hope there's not friendly fire...
>>
>>49599745
Sacrifice your firstborn child
>>
So I'm starting to build for the first time, would ask this in the Kill Team general since it's more Your Dudes focused but it's slow AF.

Building my first set of models ever, how frowned upon is it to mix n' match pieces if I only use it as cosmetics. E.g. Grey Knights helmets are hell of sexy, I want to put them on some of my Salamanders because I'm not a fan of regular helmets (though some of the half-helms and optics-enhanced ones are cool.) but I don't want to spend money on a potentially huge faux-pas.

Also, do Apothecaries have a chainsword because of the chain-fist portion of the Narthecium? I only ask because I field one in a 250 HoR version.

Also, tips for representing Nocturne's Fury? Should I just jam a Terminator Heavy Flamer on a Tactical member? I can't find any specific bits.
>>
>>49592950
Oh my god I can't believe I forgot that one. It's not even like I don't do it: It's just that I work under a magnifying glass so my hands are just naturally resting on the table at all times.

That's another thing: A good workspace gets better results. I'm not talking organization, either. I'm saying go to a store and buy an LED lamp to brighten your workspace, and position it to minimize shadows. Grab a magnifying glass on a stand if you want to do detail work or if your eyesight is crap (like mine). And get a comfy chair because if your going to sit for an hour you may as well be comfy.
>>
>>49591161
>vikingish heads
Either get SW head bits, or buy some from the thousand third-party companies that make 28mm heads. Bearded heads are extremely popular so it won't be hard to find some.
-viable CC against Tau/IG
Not really possible, sorry. Tau have too many bonuses to Overwatch and shooting in general, IG can bring assloads more models and pieplates than you can feasibly kill. Even buttoned up in Land Raiders you're likely to lose one to concentrated fire, and at 250pts a pop you'll be severely outnumbered. Chaos cannot put enough bodies on the field to make casualties not a problem (cultist blobs will be largely ignored and a single decent template will tear a hole through them), and they don't hit hard enough in CC for the survivors of the suicide charge to make an appreciable impact. You'll probably slam dunk a platoon/fire team but your opponent has four more so he doesn't care. Riptides will stomp your shit to death, you can grenade a Leman Russ to bits but there will be two more waiting.

You could TRY taking nothing but BP+CCW Marines with zero upgrades in Rhinos, your opponent won't expect that and you could field an impressive horde; but it's shaky whether that'd actually work, and in real dollars it's expensive.

>chaos wolves as flesh hounds
I see absolutely zero reason why not, it would look cool and fit your army.
>>
>>49599890
Cosmetic alterations are fine, if not outright encouraged.
>>
File: Apothecary_DOW2.jpg (52KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Apothecary_DOW2.jpg
52KB, 300x400px
>>49599890
>do Apothecaries have a chainsword because of the chain-fist portion of the Narthecium?
possibly? but you can also just give the apothecary a weapon in his narthecium-hand
>>
>>49599731
Infiltrate, Tank Hunters and Furious Charge were all nice.
>>
>>49599731
Hatred
>>
>>49599996
Dev's have the same statline.
>>
>>49599731
Chosen with relentless would be crazy fun
>>
>>49594152
>http://imgur.com/a/tncVh
This is missing the special army list formation as well as the rules for the shadow attack/infiltration mechanic. Anyone have those?
>>
>>49596813
>http://imgur.com/a/tncVh
It's missing the rules for the army formation, from the shadows, and cult ambush. Kind of important stuff there.
>>
>>49600516
Start a new thread, and I'll answer any questions you've got, I'm sitting here with the Codex on my lap right now.
>>
>>49600538
Kind of just want scans or pictures of the missing pages so I can play the list until something better comes out. Not much is missing luckily.
>>
>>49600589
>>49600589
>>49600589
Thread posts: 382
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.