[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever done symbiotes on a setting? If so, how? Was being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: squee.jpg (703KB, 1194x1295px) Image search: [Google]
squee.jpg
703KB, 1194x1295px
Have you ever done symbiotes on a setting?
If so, how? Was being a host a tabboo? Did they have a mysterious origin?
>>
File: 1469533805469.jpg (24KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1469533805469.jpg
24KB, 400x533px
in our game the Gm decided to change how some Witches work, Generally of all magic users Necromancers and witches where hated the most.

For a necromancer to gain the powers he or she needed they needed to start getting freaky with Symbiotic Parasites. generally they would attach to the body and harden up like bone.

witches had the worst of the bunch, less symbiotic and more parasitic, these lifeforms feed on blood and body mass while producing toxins, the toxins however react with latent magic and amplify it by a bajillion.
The toxin also causes its victims to gradually become twisted, depraved and inexplicably irritable and at times lewd.
we didn't know about that last bit until the very end. when it was revealed that was his magical realm. but hey it was mine too so no biggie.
>>
>>49586135
>Symbiotic Parasites
Anon, We need to talk about oxymorons..
>>
>>49585987
All the time actually. This one trope I can't turn down it's the deal with the devil.

Even if it's not in the setting I'll Homebrew some sort of parasitic alien or daemonic entity or cursed weapon to tempt the player.

It's excuse to let the players power game and still fuck with them. It's a win-win.

>49586489
You know what it means. Yeah I know it's wrong but whatever.
>>
>>49586489
Actually, symbiosis refers to any form of interaction between two different organisms living in close association.

You're thinking of mutualism.
>>
>>49586639
You are 100% correct and I am a huge faggot apparently.
I hadn't even heard of mutualism.
Goddamn.
>>
File: 1415297087932.jpg (643KB, 1214x785px) Image search: [Google]
1415297087932.jpg
643KB, 1214x785px
The Faerie Queen of Fall is pretty insect-like, and sometimes bestows a certain "gift" on people she likes/hates/is bored by.

Basically, she inserts a larva into their chest, where it eats their heart. It then functions as a replacement heart as it pupates while pumping their system full of faerie blood that enhances them both physically and magically. The Queen can also communicate with the larva and command it to become a chestburster when she's finished with the host.

Literally no one in the setting is not horrified by this.
>>
>>49586489
>>49586639
>>49587011
i come back to this thread maybe an hour after i posted this >>49586135
and i'm honestly thankful some people know about the difference between symbiosis and mutualism
>>
>>49587282
Awesome
>>
One of the characters, a blood mage, could infest people. At first it was a passive thing, she could just linger internally in their bloodstream, eventually she could come to influence or even control them, and finally she could become them and even emerge "into" them in a way that's hard to explain.
>>
File: 1460082147865.jpg (214KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
1460082147865.jpg
214KB, 700x900px
Peacock is cutest/sexiest/best skullgirl

How do you pull off a symbiote-type character without it gimping the character/making the character overpowered?
>>
>>49587678
The homebreew Book 3 for Dungeons the Dragoning has the Symbiote Exaltation. Its fairly balanced, interesting and engaging IMO
>>
>>49585987
So since Chi/Vital Energy is a confirmed and studied thing in the setting, it's possible to use the body's channels for it as 'ley lines' for inter-planar gates, as the spell Gate. Doing this and sealing the Gate with a specific name allows the target summon to possess the subject, or if the summoned being is willing and powerful enough, to imbue the target with an aspect of their power, like Gruumsh did to Obould Many-Arrows.
Since you need to be able to cast Gate somehow to get it to work, and the tattoos are extremely difficult to make correctly, it is ridiculously rare. Most people don't even know it's possible, so they simply assume the guy got drunk and went to a tattoo parlor that happened to be run by a cultist.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.