[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mongol Empire never fell. It extended through all of Eurasia,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: MTE4MDAzNDEwNTM0NDk5ODU0.jpg (113KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE4MDAzNDEwNTM0NDk5ODU0.jpg
113KB, 1200x1200px
The Mongol Empire never fell. It extended through all of Eurasia, Africa, and eventually the Americas. To be sure, it had difficulty holding all of that territory, and much eventually escaped its grasp and led to endless minor wars to reconquer it, but the empire itself remained essentially unbroken for centuries. Eventually technology advanced and the Mongols reached the stars and obtained hyperspace technology. How does the Mongol Star Empire work?
>>
Settled nomads lose any trace of old ways, so not very different. One world government since XIII century, on other hand, will inevitably change human civilization.
>>
>>49572965
>How does the Mongol Star Empire work?
It wouldn't. Strong cultures stagnate society, and stagnant societies don't innovate.
>>
>>49573325
>hi-tech == shit culture
At least not in real life, and definitely not in imaginary setting.
>>
>>49572965
As the Mongol Empire was never an empire, just a tribal congomerate that had temporary hegemony over 3/4 of the Eurasian landmass, that fell into disorganized bickering immediately after those with actual memory of the founder died; I find you scenario... lacking.

Try again.
>>
>>49575397
>hi-tech==shit culture
So, 'Murica?
>>
>>49575437
>it wasn't an empire because it didn't last forever
Anon, what do you think an empire is?
>>
>>49572965
Through war, the Mongol way evolved from seasonal nomadic hunting to stripping every resource from an area and moving on after destroying what's left to prevent reprisal.
>>
File: 1355619419977.jpg (2MB, 1178x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1355619419977.jpg
2MB, 1178x1500px
>>49572965
>Look to the stars, children of the dust, and heed my coming
>I am the First among Travelers, Lord of the Night Sky, the Dragon with a Thousand Wings
>My people are no longer in hiding
>And now we darken your sky...
>...like a murder of crows.
>>
>>49575397
You can have high or low tech with strong or weak cultures, but you can't change tech levels with strong cultures.

"Strong" here being "resistance to change" or "tendency for the culture to remain (stable or) the same".
And that *is* the meaning of strong when referring to culture.
>>
It didn't fall though. It disintegrated.
>>
>>49577312
This sounds like an interesting subject. Can you elaborate on it?
>>
>>49577359
The difference being?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.