[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imperium Asunder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 57

File: OmTKsba.jpg (158KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
OmTKsba.jpg
158KB, 768x1024px
Tore through a whole thread in a single day edition

Previously on Imperium Asunder: >>49544825

This is a 40k alt-lore thread with new legions to replace the old ones, new xenos races in addition to the old ones, and a bunch of other wild shit , new posters are always welcome.
Want to find out what the setting's deal is? Check out our wiki.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_Asunder
The wiki is still not as up to date as we'd like, feel free to post questions/clarifications/ideas
>>
>>49572784
>>49572399
If we are going to have a perpetual primarch, Its wasted on him.

What about the headless Raydon ghost. Just materialised.
>>
Oathsworn was here, Faustus best primarch.

Where were YOU when Terra fell? He was holding the line for everyone to escape, the same with 99% of our legion.
>>
>>49572914
Barely a primarch. Sat in his basement until someone came knocking then pretended to be loyal.
>>
>>49572914
He went alright, not sure I'd go as far as 'best'

>>49572877
eeeeeeeeeh
At this point I dont know if I want to disagree with this because I dont like perpetuals or because it doesnt fit.
>>
>>49572784
How do grav weapons actually work?

That picture has it shooting a beam at the target, what does the beam do to make the thing collapse on itself?

Does it transfer mass?
>>
>>49573347
Says the man who missed the whole heresy.
>>
>>49562982
We should get back to this, it's kind of important.

>>49565431
I take it back, that actually looks pretty good.

>>49568106
Ultimately it's up to you, but wouldn't something more original be better?
>>
>>49574292
As far as I know, nobody is using iconography light that so far in the AU, unless you mean more original in terms of the OU?

In which case the Raptor head wouldnt work either. Ill give it some thought.
>>
>>49574366
I mean in terms in the AU as well, yeah. Sure, the paint schemes and iconography of the OU chapters and legions don't matter here, but we should still try to deviate from it.

Perhaps a soaring, blood red hawk would look nice? Or would that be too on the nose?
>>
>>49574431
Hmm, so far i've been taking most the hawk stuff from my donutsteel chapter, which is a white scars successor (hence the iconography).

I donno, the lightning bolt I really like because they are partially inspired by the opening lyrics to this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3xaGvlUJdg&t=5m5s

Actually holy shit im going to go off and write a short story with hawks based on this song.
>>
>>49574921
Note to self, timelinks apparently don't work embedded. I did not know that.
>>
>>49574931
PROMPT: What is your faction(s) end game?

Is your primarch going to return and lead a crusade to reclaim the lost Imperium / finally conquer the crusader states?

Are they going to summon the Emperor into a mortal form, the ultimate god of war?

Are they developing the ultimate weapon that will scour all life from the universe?
>>
>>49575317
The Black Suns' end game is fulfilling the Propheticum Tenebrae and thus ending the world as we know, the Tyrant Star consuming all other stars an plunging the world into madness and horrors untold. They are, however, a minor factor in the galactic affairs, unless they succeed in their quest.
>>
>>49575369
world or galaxy?
>>
>>49575439
Theories of the affected areas fluctuate from Calixis sector to the galaxy and all the way up to the entire universe.
>>
>>49575317
I'm not sure the Scions have an endgame aside from retaking the imperium through mundane means.
The necropolis cult wants to subvert the Vigil and let their necron masters take over.
The Ash Bearers want to awaken all of the shards of Nyadra'zatha to usher in an era of flame.
>>
>>49574921
I'm gonna try to brainstorm a couple of badges for them. The Crimson Warhawks deserve something good.
>>
>>49575317
The Jade Empire has a couple of different possible endgames, each pursued by different arms within it.

Xun seems to have run off to ascend and join the Emperor at the head of the Legions of the Damned. He had a reason for his timing and trusted that his legion would complete his work. Part of it was to turn the tide of war, some of it is that he figured he'd be able to communicate more directly. Either way, the process isn't quite perfected and he takes that calculated risk and whoops, not quite as planned.
So there's one school of thought that says "get him back, Xun will fix all of this".
They're the vast minority. Just enough to cause trouble. The Serpents, for better or worse are the sorts to figure they can handle it, which is what gives us what we might call Rick-Teir plans, like:

Well, those will wait until after class, since I gotta teach.
>>
File: Alexios_and_flunky.jpg (24KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
Alexios_and_flunky.jpg
24KB, 500x200px
>>49577072
What about something like pic related's symbol on his hat.

side note and new PROMPT:
which Primarch most accurately emobidies Bisons comments
>Chun-Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces.
>M. Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.
>Chun-Li: You don't remember?!
>M. Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me it was a Tuesday.
>>
>>49577191
Definitely Balthasar.
>>
>>49577191
That sounds like something Kashaln would say imo.
>>
>>49577191
There's the resemblance to the Dark Angels and Blood Angels, though that wouldn't necessarily be a problem.
You should probably put something other than a skull in the center though. Maybe a hawk's talons?

>>49577191
>>49577360
I'm gonna have to say Balthasar as well.
>>
>>49577191
Aodhan or Alexios
>>
>>49577134
So Rick-Tier plans.

>Pulling a Lorgar
Some groups seek to merge the warp with realspace, effectively sucking the East into the Emperor's domain in the warp.

>Imperial Instrumentality Project
Let's remove boundaries of human consciousness to merge humanity with the Emperor

>Daemons for Everybody!
Let's round up Seraphim and bind them to humans so that we have a massive conscript army of daemon hosts.

>The Warp? Fuck that noise
You know what's awesome? Nulls.
What did the Emperor surround himself with? Nulls.
What kills daemons dead? Nulls.
Let's build an army of Nulls to beat the crap out of chaos! It's all in the Faustus Apocrypha, which Xun is looking for in the warp.

>Opening the mind!!
You know what's cool? Psykers.
Let's make everyone a psyker.
Then we can soulbind everyone, rendering us immune from Chaos!
Eyes? Where we're going, we don't need eyes...
>>
>>49575317
Well, I had planned to do some writefaggotry with Aodhán being revealed to be regularly summoning Oramar through his psyker court and convening with him on some plan/helping him finish his research.

It, along with how he's taken to collecting as many seers as possible, is all supposed to hint that he has some huge thing planned.

I've also mentioned something in Aodhán's wiki page about how every few hundred years he goes off on some ridiculous quest without telling anybody, and comes back having gotten a little closer each time to achieving his goal. I have a definite answer for what he's doing, but it'd be interesting to see what people assume he's up to.
>>
>>49578124
I like that. I've been meaning to ask: does Aodhan have an actual beef with Sarco or does he just want to convince him that the Emperor was wrong? How does Aodhan react when he learns about Sarco's fate?
>>
File: Your-Father-Darth-Vader.jpg (34KB, 700x289px) Image search: [Google]
Your-Father-Darth-Vader.jpg
34KB, 700x289px
>>49579774
Aodhán has very little beef with any of the Primarchs personally. If Sarco had, on Malphas, gone "Hey yeah that sounds right, fuck the Emprah" Aodhán would have rolled with it. But he didn't, so he rolled with that instead, and it was a pretty great fight, which is all good.

He's pretty annoyed that Sarco is unable to fight. Shit sucks. He intervened during the Scions' last offensive against the Eldar solely because a seer told him Sarco would be there, and he was pretty damn mad when that turned out to be a lie.

Way I see it, Aodhán had a good relationship with a lot of his brothers. Raydon, Sarco, Saul, Anders, Engerand, Kashaln, Graha'nak, Marcus, Rubinek, and Klaus were Primarchs Aodhán really respected and liked prior to the Heresy. He was probably buddies with Balthasar at some point but became leery of him when it became clear that the dude had no will of his own and would gladly murder any of his brothers if Big E asked it of him. Aodhán didn't fight in the Heresy due to personal grudges or hate or because he had issues with any of his brothers. He fought for himself, and he fought against people he liked because ultimately volition was worth more than friendship to him.

I imagine he tried to turn Raydon when they dueled in spess. "Raydon, we can destroy the Warmaster! He has foreseen this. It is your choice. Join me, and together we can free the galaxy as brothers in arms!"
>>
File: 1421472206802.jpg (137KB, 997x850px)
1421472206802.jpg
137KB, 997x850px
>>49575317
Alexios was working on re-incarnating the Emperor into a new body but all his research failed and then he died. The end-game of Angels of Light successors is to earn vain honor and pointless glory.

Balthasar pretty much achieved his endgame. He's high nobility in a galactic empire, he's got peasants to kill and eat at his leisure, and he's got big blue Storm Hammers to fight across the border whenever he gets bored. Khorne is a bit displeased at Balthasar's sedentary, static ways, but his bloodlust is sated frequently enough.

Oramar's endgame was to turn the Emperor into a warp god, and boy did he get it. Really the core idea is that he gets exactly what he thinks he wants and then finds out he didnt want it at all and he actually just fucked up the entire galaxy.

I think I might write the Oramar x Raydon fight where Raydon pokes holes in all of Oramar's ideas and when Oramar loses he's like 'oh shit this guy is right I'm a moron holy shit"
>>
File: malal.jpg (78KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
malal.jpg
78KB, 640x482px
>>49578124
>summoning Oramar through his psyker court and convening with him on some plan/helping him finish his research.
Are you talking about Oramar the dude, or post-heresy Oramar the insane daemon prince of malal?

Either way sounds cool as fuck
>>
>>49580421
Daemon Prince Oramar.

The idea was he's in some kind of odd ascension state where he doesn't have a body in or out of the Warp and is more like a vast intangible presence, right? The thing with Aodhán is that he's collected a bunch of the Oramaic Verses and his brother is completing them through these summoning sessions. Also, he's possibly paying the haemonculi covens to construct a body that Oramar can use in the material realm.

What exactly Aodhán intends on achieving is up in the air. But he's definitely working with his brother on something.
>>
File: 1360689811136.jpg (77KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
1360689811136.jpg
77KB, 780x585px
>>49580501
sick
nasty
>>
>>49580563
In a good way, I say.
>>
>>49575317
Gengrat, I think breaks out of his broody goth phase when the heresy hits. He no longer has to tune the voices out.loud and what wonderful things speak to him in the Spirit.
Progress and evolution manifest in his touch, he can sing the song of death and life and the screams of the neverborn. Then, after the heresy, after he is reborn in the Spirit, he has a vision of a holy world, where the Spirit and the mind and progress are one.
So I think he's ecstatic and the legion share the good word and let the whole universe awaken in the Spirit of Chaos.
Through daemon engines, of course.
>>
I think the Iron Hearts have kinda achieved their endgame to an extent. They have their own empire. They're not exiles anymore.

The only thing they have left to do is push all the people that have slighted them into the mud over and over. So the Bloodhounds, the Sky Serpents, the Angels of Light, etc.
>>
>>49572784
That plasma cannon looks like a gauss blaster
>>
>>49581756
Huh, it kinda does. Probably one of those rare patterns the Salamanders like churn out.

Based space blacksmith lizardmen.
>>
File: 9lzzN0x.png (3MB, 1561x1060px) Image search: [Google]
9lzzN0x.png
3MB, 1561x1060px
>>49573925
>>49581756
>>49582563
It shoots gravitational compression waves which tear apart the target with repeated tidal forces.
>>
Alright, with what I have so far, we still need legion badges for the...

>Bloodhounds
>Crimson Warhawks (Or atleast a final word on there badge)
>Silver Spears
>Storm Hammers
>Judgement Bringers
>Void Lords
>Oathsworn
>Paladins of Kor
>Second Sons
>Sky Serpents
>Arms of Asura
>Eyes of the Warmaster
>Iron Hearts
>Knights Exemplar

I also assumed the badge on the Warp Raider's page was legit, so I added that to the list.
>>
>>49583124
>>Bloodhounds
A collared dog with hackles raised
>>
>>49583124
>I also assumed the badge on the Warp Raider's page was legit, so I added that to the list.
Well it's an Eye so I think maybe we should change it. Maybe a spider or spider's web?
>>
>>49583430
Noted

>>49583443
What was their name before becoming the Warp Raiders? Or were they the Warp Raiders from the start?
>>
>The Trinity

A trio of planetoids, long locked in an extreme gravitational dance, were converted into a single forged world during the Dark Age of Technology, joined together by huge orbital scaffolds and space elevators. Specializing in the creation of rad weaponry, the planets were co-opted by the Second Sons soon after joining the Crusade to manufacture the vast amounts of arms they required. This relationship developed, and the Skitarii and Tech-Priests of Trinity became a common sight among the Sons. By the time of Armageddon, Saul had the almost complete loyalty of the forges and they fell to Chaos shortly after the Legion proper did. The triplicate worlds threw away what meager safety protocols they had to produce the absolute maximum amount of weapons. Soon the worlds were bathed in Nurgles glow, throwing off lethal amounts of radiation like a dying sun. Without the blessing of Nurgle, navigational systems fail and crews are irradiated before planet-fall. Despite this, the planets eerie resemblance to the Pox of Nurgle draws pilgrims from across the Chaos Marches.
>>
>>49583637
>What was their name before becoming the Warp Raiders? Or were they the Warp Raiders from the start?
I think always Warp Raiders. Even when they were loyal they were pretty big on the whole Warp thing.
>>
>>49577773
Can I suggest maybe consolidating all these. If only because by having so many you're kinda stopping other people from having those same ones. It also seems like a faction as smart as the serpents would realize that: merging realspace to the warp is a bad idea for anything living. As is turning everyone psyker - especially because you can't soulbind in this version of 40k.
>>
>>49583689
>especially because you can't soulbind in this version of 40k.
You can and people do it a lot
>>
>>49583660
The web could work, I'm just a bit hesitant on using animal iconography on legions/chapters that have no real relation to them.
>>
>>49581756
Looks like a grav cannon to me.
>>49583124
After I slept I realized the skull-lighting-wings one was pretty overthe top. I think just a raptor head with x lightning behind works well though.

>>49583689
>soulbinding
Thats interesting, if memory serves they need to meet or have something done with the Emperor right? I think we might have talked about this in reeeally early
threads but I can't recall what we decided to use as substitutes.

>>49583724
Do you recall what we used?

>>49580099
...Must...resist...the darkside

>>49580326
>Oramar v Raydon
please do. I like you're writing style and want to see you do Raydon.
>>
>>49583855
Yeah, it's a pretty sweet sigil, but it's the symbol that was used by the Thunder Warriors, the Raptor Imperialis. Why would Raydon choose it? Why would he be allowed to use it? It was a big deal for Fulgrim to be allowed to use the Aquilla. Quoting the Lexicanum here:

"The Raptor Imperialis was the early symbol of the Emperor and his fledgling Imperium during the Great Crusade. It was used as a badge of the Thunder Warriors, but over time was adopted by other armies such as the Solar Auxilia.

Eventually as the Great Crusade wore on, the Raptor Imperialis became a special badge indicating that its owner fought alongside the Emperor himself. It is known that a Sigismund, First Captain of the Imperial Fists Legion, bear it on the knee of his heavily-modified Mk II Power Armour."
>>
>>49584218
well if its adopted by others, I can see the Hawks doing it. Maybe we just cut the last paragraph?
>>
>>49584317
WAIT. I have the perfect sigil. Ive just got to find it.
>>
File: WarHawks.jpg (767KB, 1400x990px) Image search: [Google]
WarHawks.jpg
767KB, 1400x990px
>>49584218
Reference image that started it all.
>>
>>49584406
What's that even from? It looks sweet.
>>
>>49584439
No idea, just a wallpaper I stumbled across.
>>
>>49584439
So white feather being pierced by black lightning bolt.
>>
>>49584218
I'd be down for something like the Warhawks legion fighting alongside the Emperor on [CAMPAIGN] early in the crusade and him granting them the Raptor Imperialis like he granted the EC the Palatine Aquila.
>>
>>49584450
Alright, well, some quick google searching I've managed to trace it back to a dA page: http://ukitakumuki.deviantart.com/art/Last-Chapter-190222071
It's really cool, but I'm not sure how I feel about just ripping off someone else's creation this directly.

>>49584502
Could work, yes, but that would be up to Raydonanon himself, obviously.
>>
>>49584529
>It's really cool, but I'm not sure how I feel about just ripping off someone else's creation this directly.
Do you know where you are right now?
>>
>>49584529
Ill send them a message. Im sure they'll be down.

>>49584502
Thats an awesome idea actually, as an outrider force 'take this message, and this sigil to the further stars' kind of deal.

Yeeees.
>>
>>49584554
Well, ripping off an artist's work is different from adapting Games Workshop's setting.
>>
>>49584575
I agree. In all honesty I had assumed it was a games workshop art work. In saying that, I didn't think when I used it to create the Hawks i'd be posting them online in something like this, nor did I ever really give the idea of ripping off the art any real consideration.
>>
>>49584561
>'take this message, and this sigil to the further stars' kind of deal.
yeah I'm team this
>>
>>49584658
>further
>not farthest
God damn my brain today.

>>49584575
Well I sent the person a message, will await response - so we have our bases covered on all approaches.
>>
speaking of alt lore

>>49584503
>>
File: gPKJnZY.jpg (169KB, 640x890px)
gPKJnZY.jpg
169KB, 640x890px
>>49583124
I'm inclined to have the Second Sons feature a skull of some kind, but at the same time I think it would be better if their "official" logo is something kinda generic/not too aggressive. Then the Marines are the ones that scrawl skulls and shit on stuff.

http://imgur.com/a/yUfm0
>>
P R O M P T : what's the elephant in the room?
>>
>>49585252
What the fuck are we even doing.
>>
>>49585252
Silent King coming in from northern Obscurus and nanomachines son coming in from northeastern Obscurus/northern Ultima.

41st Millennium hits and suddenly there's these literally whos tearing down the doors to the galaxy telling everyone they're doing it wrong.
>>
So guys, who wants to talk about Waaagh! The Beast and the subsequent Crusade?

Should be it be Second Crusade? Third? Fourth? IIRC Waaagh! The Beast happens not too long after the Heresy. I'm thinking it's the first big test for the Warmaster's regime and, as it was said by a few others, he initially tries to handle it with just the Imperial Guard and the Judgement Bringers, before The Beast himself and shit goes south for a while.

It might be interesting if, as the battle goes on, Khorne starts to favour The Beast, and the Warmaster realizes that there's a legit threat that he might actually be usurped on the whole Everchosen thing by this ridiculous Ork Emprah motherfucker.

Any ideas for significant battles? Cool twists and turns?
>>
>>49585720
Can we clear up what the and third crusades are?
>>
>>49585831
I legit thought that the second crusade was when the Scions retook the Maelstrom zone. Can you remind me when we decided that? I've always been under the impression that the Maelstrom zone was under the control of chaos until then.
>>
>>49585720
>Waaagh! The Beast
This has come up a few times and always seems to patter out, I think anons by and large don't know enough about it (I know I don't).

But I throw in what I can.

>2nd Crusade
Sounds good, shortly after the Crusaders fail their resurgence.
>IG, JB, and Eyes only.
I think the JB would be particularly good against Orks so this works for me.
>Khorne favours the Beast
What is it that makes the Beast such a threat? Is he just a really big ork? Is he a smart ork? What tier of personal power is he, Chapter Master/Legion Champion/Custodes/Low Primarch/Mid/Top / Emperor?

>>49585831
Using the above. the 2nd could be the beast fiasco, 3rd could be maybe a few crusader states thinking they can capitalize on a weakened D-Imperium from the post-beast battles. Perhaps a Hawk fleet doing some raids, finds that the Dark Imperium is really struggling to hold off these Orks, races back to tell the !SecurityCouncilButInLatin. And tries to get some support. Only X-Y-Z Legions are willing to attempt anything and thus starts the 3rd crusade.

>>49585868
How important is it too them to do that? In terms of timelines. Can it wait until after? or does it need to be before. If so, we can merge it into my idea for the 3rd crusade? Just spit balling here.
>>
>>49585916
>What is it that makes the Beast such a threat?
He's big enough to be a match for Vulkan at least. I don't know much else about him other than he turned a moon into a massive rok that teleports around.

>How important is retaking the maelstrom zone
It's very close to Amaranth and it's during whichever crusade that it's retaken that Battlefleet Vigilance comes into its own. It's also when they capture a lot of territory that eventually becomes the Unyielding Vigil.
>>
>>49585916
The Beast is an ork the size of a Knight. He's also one of the smartest orks of all time, accounting for the fact he's old and WAAAAGH'd up.

He's arguably tougher than the one that almost choked the Emperor out.
>>
>>49585916
>What is it that makes the Beast such a threat?

He's the biggest and most powerful ork to ever exist.

The Waaagh! behind him was so massive that it had turned The Beast into an incredibly smart (like, supergenius), incredibly huge (size of a hab-block apparently) monster with intrinsic psyker powers of insane scale. Vulkan fought him and could not actually beat the dude, no matter how hard he tried. He had to overload the fusion core of the vessel they were on just to slow him down. This did not actually kill him, though it did kill Vulkan.

The Beast is probably Daemon Primarch tier.
>>
>>49585916
>Using the above. the 2nd could be the beast fiasco, 3rd could be maybe a few crusader states thinking they can capitalize on a weakened D-Imperium from the post-beast battles

I'm thinking the term Crusades is reserved for wars declared by Imperial forces, whether loyalist or traitor. So Waaagh! The Beast would just be Waaagh! The Beast, and the attempt to capitalize on it would be The [insert]th Crusade.
>>
>>49586031
>>49586079
Also, apparently he's just one of six Super Orks leading the WAAAAAGH.

At this point I have no idea how they can possibly write themselves out of the situations without it feeling like bullshit/fucking up future stuff.

Not to mention the fact that Ghazghkull is supposed to be even more important than these guys in the long term.
>>
>>49586134
>Also, apparently he's just one of six Super Orks leading the WAAAAAGH.

Holy shit whaaaaa-

I'm assuming they're not all quite as OP as him right?
>>
>>49586166
>Another one of the "Prime Orks" encountered by Imperial forces of Ullanor was said to be the size of a small Gargant. A single arm of his massive battle armour was equipped with two Battle Cannons as well as Autocannons, Missile Launchers, Flamers, and other weapons. His other arm wielded a Vibro-Mace as tall as a Space Marine.

Apparently they are, or pretty damn close.
>>
>>49575317
Huh, missed this one.
I've been tossing around 2 ideas which I haven't been able to settle on.

>1
Strike-Captain Decanus, a famed commander of the 101st Sabre Company of the 40k timeline, and Spectre Operative. Is assembling a legendary weapon whose existence is assumed by many to be a myth. He has all but a single piece, now. Once completed it will be a means to permanently erase a target from existence, mind, body, and soul.

He believes that with it, he will be able to kill the demon primarchs and the Warmaster. And from there, the traitor forces will be wiped out by the remaining loyalists, and in time the Imperium will be rebuilt.

>2
The Terminus Decree. Kept locked deep in the dead world of Terminus, this small artefact is locked by unknown means. Its wardens, are the keepers of its legend. The only known key to it, was held alone by the Primarch Raydon Neratos, and lost with his demise. Legend has it that, in mankinds darkest hour, the key will be returned to Terminus, and the artefact opened. This will be a time of choosing. For the artefact holds both the means to humanities saviour, and also its oblivion.

I was also thinking of merging the 2. Having the last piece of the weapon be locked in the box (but that wouldn't be in-universe knowledge)

>>49586031
An ork the size of a knight? Who writes this crap.
>>49586079
>monster with intrinsic psyker powers of insane scale.
Which no doubt is dedicated to holding his colossal form together and providing sustenance as I don't think he is getting it elsewhere.

>>49586134
1 of 6? Jebus. It certainly does sound like they are writing themselves into a corner. Seems like power creep to the Nth degree.

>>49586218
Im imagining a team of grotz who are strapped in to a platform on his back, just to load his weapons.
>>
>>49586251
WAAAAGH the Beast happens in M32. So the fact that they barely beat it then raises suspicions about what they could do against stuff by M41.

Also, orks the size of knights have always kinda been implied. Or have been since at least fifth edition.

Also, to feed the orks they turn a bunch of humans into morbidly obese cow people. No joke.
>>
>>49586297
>So the fact that they barely beat it then raises suspicions about what they could do against stuff by M41.

Im not sure I follow. Forgive my ignorance, I haven't read the Beast books. Are you talking about the OU or AU, and are you saying that the Eyes, Judgement Bringers, and Human Guard/Navy under (probably Enoch) would not struggle against his Waaagh?
>>
Huh this actually feels like a threat that is properly scaled to the Warmaster's Imperium.

Six Primarch Tier Warbosses and the largest Waaagh! ever seen. It might be even bigger in Asunder due to the chaos of the Warmaster's ascension and the no doubt monumental effort of pulling the Imperium back together.
>>
>>49586351
I'm saying that in the OU WAAAAAGH the Beast decimates the Imperium. It takes more than one Primarch dying before they stop it, and the Imperial Fists are totally wiped out.

Ghazghkull is prophesied to lead an even bigger WAAAAGH. So what the fuck is the M41 Imperium supposed to do against that?
>>
>>49586297
I'm going to guess that the series will end with a huge deus ex machina.
>>
>>49586442
Wow, the beast kills 2 primarchs? da fuq. I get Vulkan kills himself but still.

2 Primarchs and 1 legion is pretty serious losses.

I guess the question then becomes, how hard is it for the Warmaster to get the other Primarchs on side. I don't see it being too difficult, the challenge would be enough to get Aodhan on board.

Kashlan probably doesn't take too much convincing, Evil Saul might be as easy to wrangle just by saying 'bet your poisons/rad/whatever can't kill THESE orks.'

Oramar if he wants anything good for Humanity would jump right in. Life under the Warmaster is still life afterall. Balthasar would be the most easy mode.

I don't know how you'd get Anshul on board. Maybe the threat of no humanity=no chaos, though im not sure if he would believe that.

Ironhearts could be bought off, and would be instrumental to establish galactic hard points.

I donno what could get the Behe Guard on side, though I guess at this point peer-pressure would be a thing. You wouldn't want to be the only one who didnt help out. Because once its over they are almost certainly going to come for you.

Any other thoughts?
>>
>>49585461

Daddy's back.
>>
>>49586584
Evil Saul might be dead at this point.

Or, he might actually get assassinated during this conflict.
>>
File: nwv5OS8.png (266KB, 543x552px)
nwv5OS8.png
266KB, 543x552px
>>49586218
>"Prime Orks"
>>
File: 1472588031248.webm (3MB, 552x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472588031248.webm
3MB, 552x1080px
>>49586609
Sweet fucking Christ. I didn't even realize.
>>
>>49586609

You've never read the series. That's exactly what they're called. One Primork for every Ork 'Legion' (Or Clan as we call them)
>>
File: jP6lTKs.gif (945KB, 346x263px)
jP6lTKs.gif
945KB, 346x263px
>>49586638
>One Primork for every Ork 'Legion'
are there ork legions
this is the coolest shit I have ever heard
>>
>>49586644

The Clans, like the Goffs, Death Skulls, Snakebites etc each was born as a 'Legion', led by a Primork. When the Primorks were killed the 'Legions' disintegrated into clans, the mirror of the breaking apart of the Legions.
>>
Okay so,

1. First inklings of Waaagh! The Beast appear in the northeastern sectors of Segmentum Solar. Massive ork attacks sweep over outlier planets and the Waaagh! appears to be gaining momentum at a shocking pace.

2. Determined to demonstrate his personal power, the Warmaster deploys the might of the Imperial Guard and the Judgement Bringers. He's not interested in expending gross resources to push the Waaagh! back at the moment, just in establishing a bulkhead and stopping the Waaagh!'s advance. The operation seems successful at first, even though losses among the Guard are immense.

3. The first sighted Attack Moon appears in a contested system. Imperial casualties are near-total. It consumes much of the system over a campaign of several months before transitioning back into subspace (yes, that's right, orks figured out non-Warp FTL). Similar planetoid-sized war constructs appear elsewhere.

4. Oh-ho-hokay, this isn't funny anymore, time to call Balthasar and Kashaln. They kill orks by the millions but the fuckers keep coming, where are they stashing all these greenskins? The first battle where The Beast is present personally occurs (at least, the first where there are survivors to tell of him).

5. It becomes clear that the Attack Moons aren't transitioning out of subspace at random. They're making an erratic line for Terra. Warmaster has a small fit and calls Gengrat, Saul and Anshul.

6. Eyes of the Warmaster manage to pre-empt The Beast's emergence and the Warmaster sends Enoch to personally beat him up. Enoch gets driven back, Warmaster re-enacts that one scene from Downfall, then has everyone present for it executed.

7. Loyalists use this opportunity to come round the Tempestus Gap and start prodding the underbelly of Segmentum Solar. Fuuuuuck, gotta scrabble together some dudes to deal with them.

8. Attack Moons get close enough to Terra to shoot Ullanor Prime, now an Attack Planet, through subspace into the Sol System.
>>
>>49586609
>>49586638
>>49586644
>>49586673
>Prime Ork
>Primork
Where did this come from? How long has this been a thing.

Hell where did they come from. SO many questions.
>>
>>49586695

Read 'The Beast Arises' series.

Or wait long enough for someone to post the relevant paragraphs.
>>
>>49586695
They're from The Beast series.

They come about simply by the power of the Waaagh! There's just enough orks following them that they become that powerful.
>>
File: The Primorks.png (751KB, 7144x896px)
The Primorks.png
751KB, 7144x896px
>>49586695
>>
>>49586695
Shit's getting wieeeeeeeerd now, anon.
>>
>>49586789

Blame Black Library. It's entirely lifted from them. This is not an Imperium Asunder thing.
>>
File: 1468071437041.gif (1MB, 300x165px)
1468071437041.gif
1MB, 300x165px
>>49586690
>orks figured out non-Warp FTL
Is this OU canon?

>sends Enoch to personally beat him up
pic related

>>49586703
Damn better go re-
>>49586737
HA! Laziness wins again.

>>49586690
>4
>5
>7
Can we introduce some of the ideas I presented >>49586584 and/or >>49585916 ?
>>
>>49586737

This does raise a point. The Ork 'Legions' would be different here because of the different Space Marine Legions.
>>
>>49586809
>>orks figured out non-Warp FTL
>Is this OU canon?
dude Orks sometimes *literally* just get on a rock and shoot it real fast at another star system
>>
>>49586809
>Is this OU canon?

Yes.

They don't understand how it works, but the psychic field of WAAAGH The Beast was so immense that it made its mekboys capable of some astonishing shit.
>>
>>49586897
Yeah cool. Makes sense.
>>
>>49586584
>the challenge would be enough to get Aodhan on board.

I imagine he's the last one the Warmaster contacts. The response is something like

"Oh, you need my help?"
>off-vox laughing noises
"...Wait a minute, say that again, please. But in a little girl voice this time."
>>
File: vTD51KB.jpg (153KB, 1257x635px)
vTD51KB.jpg
153KB, 1257x635px
>>49586897
the ork gestalt is a powerful force

regarding dead primarchs How about:
>Saul killed by a waaaghboss, his dudes believe his resurrection will bring about the end of reality. Necromancers and shit result.
>Balthasar duels a Waaaghboss, it's so brutal they both die and tear apart the world they're on, goku v frieza like. Khorne smiles on this and males Balthasar a DP. Afterward the hunting grounds are ruled by Cullen.
>Crusaders take advantage and reclaim maelstrom zone, which was an Iron Heart fortress encleve east of the firewall, they call it 2nd crusade and the victory helps stabilize the east (so it can destabilize itself all on its own later.)
>>
>>49586973
I was thinking.

>Saul is leading operations of his legion in the field. They start going kind of overboard, literally destroying worlds preemptively so the orks can't fight them and get more powerful. Warmaster has him killed discreetly by an assassin or a marine that's loyal to him because he can't just disavow one of his main commanders and their army in the middle of a war.

That might just be the Heart of Darkness talking though.

Funny enough, I feel like Saul's first words upon being resurrected are something along the lines of "Apocalypse, now."
>>
>>49587003
>"Apocalypse, now."

Should probably be the name of his flagship.

That, or Born to Kill.
>>
>>49587003
I like this a lot. A Heart of Darkness reference is cool with me dude, and it fits Saul.
>>
>>49586960
I saw it the complete opposite.

>Beast rumours abound
>Images being to circulate of this beast
>Reach Aodhan
he calls up the warmaster, being like 'I know you'll need a hand and well quite frankly I want to help out. Whats in it for me you ask? nothing, nothing at all. Well if I must ask for something... I call dibs on the big guy, and his corpse. Im going to mount it somewhere.

>>49587003
I don't think thats enough of a reason for the Warmaster to axe one of his best commanders.
>>
>>49587028
Probably a build up then. Saul's relationship with the Warmaster is tentative at best, non-existent at worst. Saul is only aligned with him because he partially facilitates his destruction of all life, and because he has the blessings of Nurgle. In fact, I'm not sure we've ever discussed how he actually ends up becoming part of the Dark Imperium. It seems like there has to be a lot of concessions on both sides, to the point where it seems dubious that it would happen at all.
>>
I was tracking he was literally corrupted by chaos. He became nurgles champion.

The SS are getting chased across the universe, dying in droves, and respond by releasing virus and rad weapons to stop their pursuers.

Nurgle comes to him and is like 'hey bro, I can help your boys out, all you gotta do is sign on the dotted line (and give me your soul).

He does so, thinking the Imperium has fallen, death is imminent not only for him, but his sons. There is no reason to keep on fighting. At this point, survival is all that matters.
>>
>>49587153
Ironically, it's probably less survival that matters, but killing. Saul just can't die not having finished his work.
>>
>>49587023
>>49587026
The Heart of Darkness is an awesome name for Saul's flagship imo
>>
File: 1417216566720.jpg (279KB, 1600x900px)
1417216566720.jpg
279KB, 1600x900px
>>49587028
>he calls up the warmaster, being like 'I know you'll need a hand and well quite frankly I want to help out. Whats in it for me you ask? nothing, nothing at all. Well if I must ask for something... I call dibs on the big guy, and his corpse. Im going to mount it somewhere.
Oh man Aodhan and Balthasar should have a Warboss hunting contest like Legolas and Gimli.
>>
>>49587239
I agree. Glad I finally got a name for it.

Now I need a name for the female Chaos Chosen.
>>
File: LwcN3D0.png (942KB, 600x800px)
LwcN3D0.png
942KB, 600x800px
>>49587270
Infectra Skellington
>>
>>49587289
Actually, that picture is supposed to be daemon prince Saul.

Though, I'm now wondering what she'd look like. Probably all weird and emaciated too, because that's the way rad Nurgle stuff looks in Imperium Asunder.
>>
>>49586690
>>49587254

So we have now.

1. First inklings of Waaagh! The Beast appear in the northeastern sectors of Segmentum Solar. Massive ork attacks sweep over outlier planets and the Waaagh! appears to be gaining momentum at a shocking pace.

2. Oramar appears out of this air. Tells Warmaster to take this Waaagh! seriously. Warmaster [WM] is like kay.

3. WM deploys IG and Judgement Bringers to halt the Waaagh! But it is unable to, thought does have some success in delaying it.

4. The first sighted Attack Moon appears in a contested system. Imperial casualties are near-total. It consumes much of the system over a campaign of several months before transitioning back into subspace (yes, that's right, orks figured out non-Warp FTL). Similar planetoid-sized war constructs appear elsewhere.

5. Oramar disappears. Says mysterious stuff before vaporising. A call goes out to Balthasar and Kashaln. They kill orks by the millions but the fuckers keep coming, where are they stashing all these greenskins? The first battle where The Beast is present personally occurs (at least, the first where there are survivors to tell of him).

6. It becomes clear that the Attack Moons aren't transitioning out of subspace at random. They're making an erratic line for Terra. Jesus this is serious. Ironhearts are brought in to fortify key worlds, establish sector wide obstacles, and channel the green tide.

Part 1/2
>>
>>49587847
7. Oramar appears with Saul in toe. Tells WM about some sign which indicates the Beasts next appearance. He sends Enoch to personally beat him up. Enoch gets driven back, Warmaster re-enacts that one scene from Downfall, then has everyone present for it executed.

8. Hawk pirates start tracking the colossal movement of troops, intercepting more calls to arms. Knowing the Importance they start the long journey back to the East, to let others know whats what.

9. Loyalists start prodding the Tempestus Gap. Gengrat is told to deal with them.

10. Word reaches the Scions that Ironheart forces are absent from much of the Maelstrom, having been called West. They launch the 2nd Crusade. Iron Hearts are unable to reinforce the Maelstrom and it is eventually lost to the Scions, though not without significant cost.

11. One of the Prime-Orks is killed by Balthasar. WM takes this opportunity to bolster Imperial Morale, and proclaim him a paragon of excellence. This sturs Aodhan to action. The Negators join the war-effort in the hopes of showing up the Bloodhounds.

12. Attack Moons get close enough to Terra to shoot Ullanor Prime, now an Attack Planet, through subspace into the Sol System.

> What next

2/2
>>
File: 1417216223823.jpg (264KB, 1410x899px)
1417216223823.jpg
264KB, 1410x899px
>>49587847
>>49587861
idk what happens next but I like what we've got so far a lot.
>>
>>49587940
That's a big sword.
>>
>>49587861
I get the feeling Gengrat would show up in a mad attempt to capture the Attack Planet and turn it into his own personal Daemon-World-Ship thing.
>>
>>49583855
>>49583689
>>49583724

>Soulbinding
If memory serves, we didn't establish how it worked, but following the Heresy, the Serpents devise a workaround.
An early prototype is developed by Tlaloc Tzotz, basically !Ahriman by working off of Eldar Harlequin relations to Cegorach. Xun later perfects it, but Tzotz blinds the librarius in his early attempt.
So it presumably has something to do with channeling energies of the Firewall and the Emperor. It's just more indirect.
Of course, this is all subject to change.

>Consolidating some of the endgames
Most definitely. I was brainstorming and I figure that the Serpents should have a few competing goals to really play with that idea that they're a keeping things so secret they don't even know what they're all doing. (Grimderp secret)
I figured merging realspace with the Emperor's bit of the warp might plausibly work, sort of make an Imperial Daemon world, but yeah, that may not be possible.
The psyker thing, see above. I like it because you can have a guy ask about the eyes and use that line.
>People also thinking of those endgames
Whoops. I tried to keep them pretty warp/esoteric focused, so if someone else sees something that parallels their own idea, let's talk about it and figure out where it works best.
>>
>>49587940
I was tempted to draw up a parallel timeline for loyalists / traitors but realised it wouldn't add much and its still a WIP so no need to go ham on it just yet.

Might do it at the end though.

>>49587989
Except he is in the Tempestus Gap holding off the expansion attempt there. With that in mind.

>>49587940
PROMPT: The Hawks go to the !SecurityCouncilButInLatin and tell them of all the crap they have been tracking. We know the Scions take away there opportunity to take the Maelstrom. Other see an opportunity in the Gap.

Who goes where, why, and what coalitions exist for this time frame. Im imagining the Scions want to go it alone so as not to share, but I could be wrong.

If a faction does not seize this opportunity - whats there reasoning? Do they think its another Warmaster ploy, do they not have the man power to spend on such an endeavour, do they just see it as hopeless and not want to waste the effort(and resources).
>>
>>49588052
>Except he is in the Tempestus Gap holding off the expansion attempt there. With that in mind.
This is a war that probably lasts at least a few centuries. Commanders will probably get around from front to front while it goes on. A Heresy era or even post-heresy era legion can fight in multiple theatres at once.
>>
>>49588052
So the Scions don't have the Maelstrom zone yet, which means of the Crusader States they're the smallest at the time. Just a handful of vigil worlds around Amaranth, nothing of much political significance. The Angels might join them in taking the Maelstrom so they can have a more favorable balance of powers against the Jade Empire. Alexios himself disapproved of the first crusade and is unsure of the second, but many Chapters would be down to kill heretics and earn battle honors for their chapter.
>>
>>49588049
>Xun later perfects it,
What does this actually mean?

>the Emperor
Is that a good idea? Remember Warp Gods, even if they are the Emperor are not 'good' or 'nice'. Wouldn't that essentially just be letting them be possessed, which would kill almost all of them? Could be wrong though.

>>49588079
True. But I mean, if he is tasked with holding the gap (we don't know how hard that task is right now, but presumably its not easy)

I don't think he'd have time to just race of a the drop of a hat to capture an attack planet.

To be fair, im not sure what an attack planet is, Ive been imagining a planet with a big old engine strapped on to make it move around like a ship.

>>49588118
How fast do the Angels break into chapters? At this point would it mostly be 1st founding chapters, the survivors of the first crusade?
>>
>>49585720
I don't know all that much about the Beast, but I'm down to take the premise and run with it.

>Khorne favors the Beast
Oooh, I like this. A lot. Makes him an existential threat to the Warmaster in a way he wouldn't be otherwise.

>>49586134
>>49586166
I lol'd. Ah Black Library...

>>49586218
Do we have one of these at Armageddon for the Kaiju battle? Please?

>>49586404
Agreed.

>>49586690
>>49587847
>>49587861

This I like.

>>49587003
I like the idea of the Warmaster taking Saul out as being too dangerous to control.
>Resurrected Saul's First Words Being "Apocalypse Now"
And yes. I yes. Yes. Please yes.

>>49587989
Oh gods, yes, he would.
>>
>>49588166
Whats the point of the Warmaster assassinating him if he is just going to come back as a demon prince. I assume he isn't already a demon primarch at this point - somehow- , even though he has already sold his soul to Nurgle.

I mean if the Warmasters going to assassinate him, he should stay dead.
>>
>>49588155
>Xun perfects it
Makes it more reliable, I suppose. Mostly I want Tlaloc to do some sort of rush job that has some sort of negative repercussion because he uses shortcuts derived from a schematic understanding of Harlequin shit.
So him gaining entry to the Black Library and being allowed to research there would theoretically allow him to bind humanity to the Emperor the way the Harlequins are bound to C-Roach, I suppose.

Xun's method is just regular soulbinding, though.

>The Emperor
Oh, it's probably a terrible idea. But that doesn't mean that the Sky Serpents realize it's probably a terrible idea. I'm not sure how clear that would be in universe.
>>
File: 1.png (43KB, 201x281px)
1.png
43KB, 201x281px
>>49588155
>Is that a good idea? Remember Warp Gods, even if they are the Emperor are not 'good' or 'nice'. Wouldn't that essentially just be letting them be possessed, which would kill almost all of them? Could be wrong though.
In OU the Inquisition creates Daemonhosts for fun. It goes poorly most of the time. This is sort of like that. Religious people are arrogant bastards.

>How fast do the Angels break into chapters? At this point would it mostly be 1st founding chapters, the survivors of the first crusade?
1st founding is the legions, 2nd founding is the first wave of successors. And yeah, the Codex is out by around this time and there are a handful of new chapters, biggest and bestest of which is The Palatine Knights, lead by our boi Eulodius Rex. This would be the crusade where Eulodius becomes a Chosen of the Emperor when fighting a Behemoth Guard daemon prince. Others include the Illuminators, I think, who are obsessed with flamers and melta and stuff. I forget which chapters I said are what founding.
>>
>>49587847
>>49587940
>>49588052
>>49587861
As the WAAAGH! approached Terra, the Black Suns, to everyone's surprise, reacted: In addition to granting refuge and supplies, their marines joining the fray, striking at the flanks and supply lines of the Orks, they brought their strange powers to aid the Dark Imperium. What caused them to act is still a mystery, but many suspect that they need the Imperium for one purpose or the other.
Incidentally, many of their abilities became evident to the Warmaster's followers during this period of time. However the Imperium reacted, the Black Suns' aid was short-lived as they only joined the fray during the last parts of the conflict, returning to their sector, again hostile to trespassers.
>>
>>49588202
As I understand it, the idea is that he actually stays dead for a long time. Several thousand years until some time near the end, when he mysteriously returns and in a massive "oh shit" moment launches a crusade to exterminate all life in the universe as part of the end time clusterfucks.

>>49587861
Gengrat being Gengrat probably goes on the offensive through the Tempestus Gap, hoping to hit the loyalists before they have a chance to muster, pushing in to the Vigil and Forgespace. I imagine he has a special relish for 'enlightening' the Forgeworlds and lets the Iron Hearts suffer the casualties in the Maelstrom zone, assuming (correctly) that the Vigil and possibly the Serpents (since they're on the other side of the Maelstrom and HATE the Iron Hearts) will be more interested in gaining territory behind the firewall (and vengeance) than coming to the immediate aid of the Forgespace.

So at least initially, Gengrat is pushing towards Tarsis, hoping to burn it a second time.
>Legion Statuses at point 12
Eyes: Defending Terra
Judgement Bearers: Getting their asses handed to them and regrouping
Hearts: Fortifying the fuck out of everywhere
Bloodhounds and Negators: Hunting Orks, trying to claim the Beast as a prize
I think the Spears will probably want in on that one, if only to show them how a real legion does it.
Warp Raiders: Being mysterious
Second Sons: Going a bit too far
Behemoth Guard: Fucking up the forgespace.
>>
>>49588239
Reliable? Ill post what I think you mean, please correct.

- Tlaloc creates a method of soul binding, to make it harder for demons to possess them. The method is arcane, barely understood by him, but works - sort of, it makes you more resistance but burns out your eyes.
- Xun sees this, studies his work, and improves it so it doesn't burn out eyes anymore.

So to clarify, when you say perfected you don't mean it perfectly prevents possession.

>Im not sure how clear that would be in universe
Wouldn't it be immediately apparent? You just created a daemonhost. It wouldn't be anything like the guy before the binding attempt.

>>49588257
Cool, so its the first wave. Which means presumably the Angels are reduced to around 1000 marines at this point?

>>49588324
So when do the Black Suns start? or is this there start on the galactic stage.
>>
>>49588413
The Black Suns split from the Second Sons soon after they join the forces of Chaos. They join in to the fight at around point 10. of the Beast crisis.
>>
>>49588202
Oh he's dead for millennia. He only gets "resurrected" some time around M39-40. So almost eight thousand years he's dead.

He's not a daemon prince because he hasn't really done any single thing impressive enough. That sounds like a cop out, but he's set the bar a little high for himself.
>>
>>49588413
>Perfecting Soulbinding
It's as effective as regular soulbinding is in preventing posession of those psykers. I'm not sure the degree of protection it gives.

>Specifically blindness
When I first wrote it I was thinking that, yeah, but it occurs to me that OU soulbinding burns out your eyes, yeah? So presumably so does Xun's version. Meaning that Tlaloc's version has to have some other sort of side effect. Maybe that it's just less reliable? I was trying to give him something similar to the Rubric of Ahriman, but rushing it and some broken stuff might be enough to exile him anyways.

>Daemonhost
Yeah, but that's because they've been sanctified. Most likely the dudes doing the project have one of two goals:
a. We need more Seraphim and Cherubim with longer shelf-lives to fight chaos, so let's just round up some peasants and use them. This is how they'll serve the Empire.
b. Let's make everyone an Oceyolotl (Gal Vorbak)
If the result is a daemonhost, it's back to the drawing board, damn humans are just too flimsy to make an Oceyolotl this way...
>>
>>49588404
Oh wow, Even I didn't know that. So he is the Second Sons end-game? Coolio. In that case, why bring him back as a daemon primarch at all?

>>49588404
Since he is sent in to respond to the aggression of the states, I don't think
>before they have a chance to muster
is really viable. He can definitely have an aggressive strategy, but that phrase just doesn't fit to me, would you consider, his plan is to force them to withdraw by dividing his force in two, with 1 penetrating the front lines and attempting to make a b-line for forge space. Maybe key forgeworlds?

>everyone piles in on the Maelstrom
Is this cool for Sarco? It seems like people would want their own piece of pie for helping him.

>Legion occupations.
Eyes: Split between front-line duties and reinforcing Terra
JB: Core of the astartes on the frontline duties (the anvil)
Hearts: Fortifying key locations. Shaping the Green tide for the frontlines to deal with
Bloodhounds % Negators: Counter-Attacking (the hammer)
Warp Raiders: A little bit of everywhere
Second Sons: Frontline duties with JB
Behe Guard: Holding the Gap, Attempting to force the crusaders to go back and defend.

>>49588527
>Degree of protection
my understanding is that without soul binding, almost any psychic power provides an opportunity for possession. It means the threat is constant and passive. And when you do USE the powers its like turning a light on in a dark room. All of a sudden its not only dangerous but you're inviting trouble.

Once soul bound, you need to really be flaring your powers to be possessed. And when attempts come, you have a sort of mental wall to hide behind. Strong daemons can break through the wall, but its better than nothing.

Obviously at all times its your willpower vs the possessing entity, so a strong character will always be more resistant regardless of being bound or not.

>OU soulbinding burns out your eyes, yeah?
Imperial psykers often do, but Space Marines Librarians somehow get around it
>>
>>49588606
>Is this cool for Sarco?
I was thinking it'd be a Scion-only thing.
>>
>>49588606
>Why bring back Saul?
Because the KILL EVERYONE gambit being the one that looks like it's actually going to work out is pretty grimdark.
Also "Apocalypse now."

>Behemoth Guard strategy
Oh, I thought the loyalists were making their first push into the Maelstrom Zone. Gengrat pushing around through the Tempestus gap would thus be an outflanking maneuver. I'd been thinking he was flanking with his whole legion, leaving the Iron Hearts out in the cold, with the logic being that they're dangerous enough that they'd require the attention of the Vigil and the Serpents to eradicate, thus keeping them from reinforcing the Forgespace as he attacks from an unexpected angle.

>Everyone in the Maelstrom
It seems like I misunderstood what you were thinking, but basically, I thought it was going something like this:
>Hawks notice massive troop movements, particularly Iron Hearts.
>The Iron Hearts reduce their numbers in the Maelstrom Zone
>Loyalists declare a crusade into the Maelstrom Zone to recover lost worlds
>Vigil is at their head, since a lot of those are their worlds. Serpents close behind because FUCK THE IRON HEARTS! REMEMBER THE HARROWING!
>Forces being sent there to back them up from all the other states.
>Gengrat comes around from galactic south, around the edge of the Firewall, up into the Forgespace, thus opening a second front
>>
>>49588648
I got that impression.

How about the Angels stay out of the crusade, thinking the Beast is judgement on the traitors for their sins. Then when Gengrat punches through the Gap, the Angels go help the Forge Space, seeing this as an opportunity to increase relations (and protect some crucial jetbike producing worlds).

The Serpents can either be part of the Tempestus Gap group, or can sit out.

So the next question is:
Who seizes the opportunity to push out.
The Broken Blades no doubt do. Paladins I guess are happy to sit in their corner of the world. Actually holy shit, is Anders still here?

Would the Storm Kingdoms be interested in pushing the gap. Its a fair way away from their holdings, but they don't seem like the sort to let something like this fly by either.
>>
>>49588606
He's not quite the end game, he's just necessary for it. So Lady Nurglite goes through a whole involved quest/ritual to bring him back. Then he gets kinda slapped down after his big crusade, but it's just one big crack in the failing foundations of the Imperium and Crusader states.

>>49588723
I mean, Saul is apparently going to win inevitably. He's trying to accelerate entropy. He's essentially just trying to put the galaxy out of it's own misery.
>>
>>49588723
No, not why bring him back, why bring him back as a daemon. If he is going to miraculously arrive to bring the pain, he doesn't need to be chaos powered does he?

>Gengrat & the crusade
No in this scenario he is sent to stop the crusaders getting through the gap. the scions are doing their own thing against the Iron Hearts. He is sent to stop the former. The latter is left to their own devices as its not crucial to the Warmasters plans.
>>
>>49588793
>>49588723
>>49588648
So we know how the Sky Serpents protect their psykers. How does everyone else.
>>
>>49588606
Oh shit, knew I forgot something!

>Soulbinding
Ah, that makes sense! Then yeah, it's as it is in the OU. The goal of Tlaloc's quest, then is to discover how to do like the Harlequins do to make a "perfect" soul-bind.

>The eyes
Ah, then it may just be that as a result of Tlaloc, the Sky Serpent Librarius is blinded. Whether it's permanent or just the ones at the time, I don't know. Whatever goes.

>>49588648
>>49588733
Ah, gotcha. I was thinking the Serpents would leap at the chance to strike at legion that burned their worlds. The propaganda value alone! Also the Maelstrom zone is right next door to the Jade Empire.

Hmmm... So Gengrat knows that they're coming. Defense is the most obvious option, but the voices say that there's a something more we could do...

What if they advance into the Maelstrom Zone to find it strangely empty. They're fanning out, looking for worlds they know should have a garrison, but everything is off.
Then, suddenly unexpected directions come the Behemoth Guard with their engines?
Some sort of massive trap. The worlds scoured of life have been sacrifices to Tzneetch and now the worlds themselves rise against the intruders. It's craziness like Signus Prime, but with the Changer of Ways and Gengrat.
>>
>>49588832
I was thinking the discoveries are made early enough that they're shared around the East.
>>
>>49588793
Think about it as a Nurgle version of the Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the White transition.

More importantly, his soul has literally been to the Warp and only ended up getting fished out by the grace of Nurgle. Why would he come back just as the same old Saul?
>>
>>49588833
what makes you think the harlequins have any method of soul binding, let alone a perfect one?

>>49588833
why is gengrat at the maelstrom zone when he was told to defend the gap?
>>
>>49588912
I suppose I also ought to put soul-bind in quotes. The big deal with the Harlequins is that Cegorach protects their souls from chaos, which I'm thinking a similar system with the Emperor would be useful for humanity.

>>49588912
>The Maelstrom Zone thing
>>49588833
Whoops, typo. Should be the loyalists advancing through the Temepstus Gap.
>>
>>49588833
>Gengrat knows that they're coming
Are you proposing this as an alternate? I'm confused. What I posted had Gengrat moving to stop the forces moving further into the gap. He is reactionary.

>>49588855
Yeah makes sense. Cudos.
>>49588854
Wait so they pass on the faulty solution on? Those bastards. I think ill try to come up with a different means of protecting them.
>>
>>49588951
>Gengrat
Sorry, thinking aloud.

>The Soul-Binding
What? No, Xun passes on his solution when he finds it. Presumably doesn't take too long.
Or they pass on both, since even a meh solution is better than no solution.
>>
>>49588944
After reading your posts I thought I would look into the Harlequins, as I know next to nothing about them. Are Solitaires like Eldar-psychics-but-also-kinda-null? There description seems paradoxical.

Also, I came across what I think you're referring to in regards to their version of soul binding, but I think it does a very different thing. It stops their souls being eaten upon death, but soul binding is to prevent possession. Am I looking at the wrong thing?

Side note: what a kookie faction.
>>
>>49588793
>No, not why bring him back, why bring him back as a daemon. If he is going to miraculously arrive to bring the pain, he doesn't need to be chaos powered does he?
how do you think he's going to get back dude? By the power of papa nurgle, of course!
>>
File: 1425790838551.jpg (136KB, 504x720px)
1425790838551.jpg
136KB, 504x720px
>>49589043
Eldar know that deep emotional thoughts create entities in the warp. Their vanity and depravity birthed slaanesh, but smaller thoughts also produce smaller daemons. Craftworld elfdar deal with this by not feeling emotions. Dark Eldar deal with is by webway fuckery and offering souls to keep slaanesh at bay. Harlequins deal with it by laughing and feeling whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>49589105
Papa Nurgz is nice like that.
>>
>>49589043
Yeah, so the idea is that by better understanding the harlequin relationship with Cegorach, a garbled version of which inspired Tlaloc to try his thing, Tlaloc could set up something similar for humans, effectively giving them all a place at the Emperor's side upon death and protect them from daemons or something. By mixing that with some other stuff, Tlaloc could hope to find ways to protect humanity from chaos.
>>
>>49589137
Is this in response to the Solitaires? They really seem like they were written by half a dozen different people with no means to communicate.

>souls are lost to Slaanesh
okay so they have souls. Good.
>Psykers of every race, even other Eldar, are known to be very depressed in the presence of a Solitaire.
Odd, implies blankness.
>prefer to distance themselves from the others, and one is considered cursed if one exchanges words with a Solitaire
Yep, typical blank behaviour
>Psychic attacks on Solitaires will almost always fall short,
Okay. Almost certainly blanks. - But then they have souls. Soooo?
>A Solitaire may live unknown among the Eldar (or even members of another intelligent race) for years or decades
But being in the presence of them makes Eldar depressed. But somehow don't put 2and2 together.

Is this explained anywhere?
>>
>>49589191
Oh I misunderstood what you were trying to do. I thought this was a way to mimic the protections of soul binding. Sorry for the confusion, my bad.
>>
>>49583124
>Sky Serpents legion badge
I imagine it varies by Tzolkin, with even the standard legion Serpent depicted in various ways.
I'm imagining that they use things like stylized Serpents around a space Aztec calendar stone.

>Storm Hammers
Age of Sigmar?

>Void Lords
How about a depiction of a solar eclipse? Like the halo of around a dark moon.

>>49583654
I like this.
>>
File: secondsons.jpg (100KB, 1228x1300px)
secondsons.jpg
100KB, 1228x1300px
>>49589261
Right, I've added the Void Lords and the Storm Hammers.
Different Tzolkins having their own sigils would be pretty cool, but there should be one that's accepted as the official legion badge, the one Xun himself carries.

>>49585095
How about a shield with a star on it? That's pretty basic military imagery.

Besides the Second Sons and the Sky Serpents, we still need badges for the:

>Silver Spears
>Judgement Bringers
>Oathsworn
>Paladins of Kor
>Arms of Asura
>Eyes of the Warmaster
>Iron Hearts
>Knights Exemplar
>>
>>49589193
Not really.

What exactly the true nature of the Solitaire is is kinda a mystery. It's implied their power comes from the part they play in the masque but how this makes them so OP is unclear.

What is known is that they are ridiculously killy. They pull off the same kinds of feats that Phoenix Lords and Primarchs do.
>>
>>49588052
>Who goes where, why, and what coalitions exist for this time frame. Im imagining the Scions want to go it alone so as not to share, but I could be wrong.

I imagine the Broken Blades come to help the Scions because they're in the area. I can see the Fists of Mars assisting without expecting to gain much space for themselves, simply because they're on the edge of loyalist space and their need the Scions to be strong.
>>
>>49590401
Silver spears.
>2 crossed spears.
Judgement Bringers
>a clenched fist ala imperial fists
Oathsworn
>that staff with twin serpents doctors use
Paladins
>a book peiced by a sword or or a lions head.
Arms of asura
>a star? Something indian
Eyes of the Warmaster
>eye of sauron
Iron hearts
>the cross the black templars use
Knights Exemplar
>two cross swords (blue on silver)
>>
>>49590568
Wow didnt realize they were primarch tier. It really annoys me they are so powerful without any explanation. At best its 'they get it from the play' but that leaves more question than answers.

>>49590697
So there seems to be some confusion about this 2nd crusade to the point it might be worth changing. Whats been posted so far is that the 2nd crusade is essentially 2 different actions. The first is the scions retaking the maelstrom whilst other forces (still figuring out exactly who) are pushing into the tempestus gap. Gengrat is sent to stop the latter, and his plan involves putting serious pressure onto forge space to force the aggressors into a defence.

Im thinking good set up for the latter is
>broken blades
>serpents
>maybe storm hammers
Vs
Grengrats main forces

And
>fists of mars
>Angels of light (reinforcements)
Vs
Behemoth guard diversion force.
>>
>>49590824
>Silver Spears
Noted
>Judgement Bringers
I mean, if we're set on that, sure, but the badges really should be different for pre-existing stuff.
>Oathsworn
A Caduceus? Noted.
>Paladins of Kor
Both of those have been done before, Grey Knights and the Celestial Lion respectively.
>Arms of Asura
I was thinking it'd be something like nine arms in a circle or something.
>Eyes of the Warmaster
A single eye works, but there was some discussion of having something 1984 inspired.
>Iron Hearts
We shouldn't just rip their badge, that's boring.
>Knights Exemplar
Simple and effective, but done before by the Astral Knights, Guardians of the Covenant, Sable Swords, Crimson Sabres, Vorpal Swords and Blood Knights,
>>
>>49590888
Honestly, I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel in regards to their icons. The Knights Exemplar in particular, which has been their sigil since creation. I can't think of anything that represents them as well as it does.

Besides, if we cut out everything ever done before we are left with like, peacocks and platypuses for icons.
>>
>>49591116
Not even peacocks. Those were pretty popular for a while.
>>
>>49591132
Well then... uh Candles? Forks? Plastic bags!
>>
>>49591116
>>49591132
I'm not saying we need to reinvent the wheel. I'm just saying we shouldn't give legions an icon that has been used by 6 or so different chapters, or an icon used by an important/famous OU chapter.
>>
>>49591157
Yeah but those chapters don't exist here, and its a pretty basic symbol. Its like a flame or a wing or a skull. Its just something that turns up everywhere.
>>
>>49591182
Sure, to the people in IA the original symbols mean nothing, but we should still stray away from the original appearances of the legions.
It's for the same reason our legions don't have blue armor with yellow shoulder trims or grey armor with yellow shoulders.
>>
>>49590855
>2nd Crusade stuff

Ah, cool, works for me.

>Solitaires

It's heavily implied that Cegorach plucks out their souls for safekeeping, allowing them to become one with the part they play in the masque (Slaanesh). She Who Thirsts can't corrupt them or take their souls, as it can't find Cegorach, but the Solitaire can channel Slaanesh's power with few limits and fewer repercussions.

The downside is that when the Solitaire dies, Cegorach has to play a game of chance for their soul, so whether they get protected like other Harlequins or are taken by Slaanesh is purely up to luck in the end.
>>
>>49591208
Interesting. From what I read on the wiki it seemed like their souls were forfeit by default, and Cegorach had to use the game of chance to win it back.

Either way, it makes sense if Cegorach and Slannesh have some sort of deal going on, where Slannesh grants his agents access in return for the chance at more souls.

>>49591199
>blue armor with yellow shoulder trims or grey armor with yellow shoulders.
honestly I think its more of the fact no-one wanted that.

In any case, im not trying to defend the use of the Iron Fist symbol, just the crossed swords.
>>
>>49590855
I don't know if they're exactly Primarch tier.

There's stories where they solo multiple greater daemons, but I bet a Black Library writer would have a small seizure before they allowed one to beat a Primarch.

They SHOULD be able to take on Primarchs given their feats, but I get the impression it would never happen. Same goes for PLs to be honest.
>>
>>49591245
>Solo multiple greater daemons
Why would ANYONE be able to do this. Are greater daemons the new Avatars of Khaine?
>>
>>49591234
The Storm Hammers originally had the Ultramarines scheme, but that was changed.
And how about, instead of just two swords, it's two crossed swords behind a round shield?
>>
>>49591270
Why make a pointless change for the sake of copyright. This is madness. Making a symbol worse just to say its different.
>>
>>49591283
>>49591270
How about them over a kite shield. That way the original image remains but its also kinda different?
>>
>>49591283
Kind of an oversimplification, but yeah, I think originality is important.
>>
>>49591298
Yeah, that work in my opinion.
>>
>>49591268
Well, Sanguinius made the biggest ever Bloodthirster look foolish, so he could presumably fight two at once. IIRC Asurmen and Fuegan have done it too. Maugan-Ra beat up a whole Splinter Fleet alone and single-handedly dragged his Craftworld out of the Warp. There are some pretty incredibly OP heroes in 40K.

In the Solitaire case the daemons were Slaaneshi, so he may have had the advantage of sorta being an incarnate for their god. And I guess they're soulless too so they have an inherent advantage against daemons.

Really though, Harlequins have always been GW's favourite little buddies. There's a story about two Harlequins, a Shadowseer and a Death Jester, fighting their way through hordes of Custodes and killing scores of them before being brought down. They've always been unknowable, OP shitheads that dance around everyone else.
>>
File: IronHearts.jpg (984KB, 761x1090px)
IronHearts.jpg
984KB, 761x1090px
>>49590888
>Judgement Bringers
What about a circular chain?
>Paladins
I donno a lions head just kind of works for them. How about a full lion body? Rampant or whatever its called.
>Iron Hearts
I think anon was referring to pic related if so im all for it. I also have nothing better to offer.
>>
>>49591360
The Lion Rampant could be pretty cool.
>>
>>49591356
> presumably fight two at once
Bit of a leap. Totally different fighting 2 things, much harder.

>Asurmen and Fuegan have done it too
So yes they are the new Avatar.

>Maugan-Ra beat up a whole Splinter Fleet alone
Wha? That absolutely makes no sense. How? What amount of ammunition would be required. Did he just sit on a planet firing for literally decades on end?

>single-handedly dragged his Craftworld out of the Warp.
It actually got more bs. How does one 'pull' a planet anywhere, let alone out of a hell dimension.
>>
>>49591379
>Wha? That absolutely makes no sense. How?

Jumped around killing the synapse creatures apparently.

>How does one 'pull' a planet anywhere, let alone out of a hell dimension.

I don't think he literally pulled it. I think he basically fought everything trying to swarm it while it made the transition into realspace. Nobody has any idea how it survived in the Warp for like 10,000 years and everyone is super suspicious of the Eldar that live on it.
>>
File: mauganRa2.png (413KB, 415x509px)
mauganRa2.png
413KB, 415x509px
Maugan-Ra has the advantage of being an actual skellington wearing a skull on top of his skull, with skulls for shoulders, wielding an electric guitar gun, in a universe where skulls and metal are the main source of power.
>>
>>49591454
>in a universe where skulls and metal are the main source of power.
With faith trailing in behind as third.
>>
>>49591460
If faith is powerful, where's my plastic Sisters and a real codex for them?
>>
>>49591481
I think I saw them riding off into the sunset with my Bretonnians and WHFB
>>
File: fuck.jpg (11KB, 219x187px)
fuck.jpg
11KB, 219x187px
>>49591505
Oh, right.

Age of Sigmar exists.

Right...
>>
>>49591567
Waited over a decade for a new book and BAM! Age of Sigmar.
>>
File: Fist_of_mars_Icon.png (11KB, 415x376px) Image search: [Google]
Fist_of_mars_Icon.png
11KB, 415x376px
>>49563241
>>49563471
while i quite like the red fist hiting a red hammer i want to point out that i made my own shoulder patch ages ago, its on the wikik and everything

part of why i wanted to bring this up is that
>>49590824
Judgement Bringers
>a clenched fist ala imperial fists
but that's what the Fists of Mars use
>>
>>49591779
I like the fist inside the cog.
Looks metal and demonstrates clearly their link to the mech.
>>
>>49591779
Oh, right, I forgot about that one, it's been changed. And for the Judgement Bringers I've added the suggestion of the solar eclipse.
>>
>>49591505
I was looking into getting a tomb kings army right before they got squatted.
>>
>>49589203
No problem. It's a confusing medium even with the names.

>>49590401
Oh, I was just suggesting those as possible legion icons for VL and SH.

>Sky Serpents
I am not quite sure-- I like the idea of using a space Aztec calendar stone, but that's a very complex and detailed thing that isn't suited to putting on a pauldron.

Needless to say, I'm open to ideas.
>>
File: quetzalcoatl1.jpg (41KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
quetzalcoatl1.jpg
41KB, 650x300px
>>49593767
>>Sky Serpents
>I am not quite sure-- I like the idea of using a space Aztec calendar stone, but that's a very complex and detailed thing that isn't suited to putting on a pauldron.
>Needless to say, I'm open to ideas.
I'm surprised it's not obvious to you that it should be a Sky Serpent.
>>
>>49590401
>>Iron Hearts
>>49590824
>Iron hearts
>the cross the black templars use

Iron Hearts already have an icon, from their original post or at least the original thread. It's a green heart with iron lightning bolts behind it.
>>
>>49591157
>>49591199
I agree with Raydonon. Trying to avoid Icons that have been used is a dumb game that's not worth playing. Don't try to be original, it's impossible. Just try to be good.
>>
>>49593882
Perfect!
I'd been imagining the Serpent not showing up well on a shoulder pad or something. I don't even know. Brain fart.

>>49593944
I think an iron cross would suit the Judgement Bringers perfectly.
>>
I'm thinking we should differentiate the various Prime Orks for this version of the War of the Beast. There's six, right?

How about The Beast, being the absolute top dog, then the others would have names that are more like monikers in Low Gothic. IIRC The Beast isn't actually what the dude called himself, it was just a sort of a approximation of a term in orkish that his boyz kept chanting.

The others wound be referred to as stuff like The Slaughter, The Rage, The Hunger, The Butcher, etc.
>>
File: FuryI2.png (360KB, 713x702px) Image search: [Google]
FuryI2.png
360KB, 713x702px
>>49595445
>The Slaughter, The Rage, The Hunger, The Butcher, etc.
Seems a bit goofy to me.
>>
>>49595519
I like Butcher. I can definitely see Orkz chanting that.
Da Krumpa?
Da Krusha?
Da Smasha?
Da Infamus O.R.K?
>>
>>49583124
Despite not being on that list, Black Suns have a few options that fit them well:
>A black circle haloed with sickly white ring
>A chalice, colouration of which is currently undecided
>A blood red symbol, reminiscent of a bird's clawmarks or a trident, three lines pointing downwards and one up
>Markings that only become visible when light hits them at just the right angle, or when it is dark
>A mix of two or more of the above
>>
File: 1459795014389.gif (2MB, 854x480px)
1459795014389.gif
2MB, 854x480px
>>49595682
>Da Infamus O.R.K?
I am pleased.
>>
>>49583124
>I also assumed the badge on the Warp Raider's page was legit, so I added that to the list.
Formal petition to change it to an 8 pointed spider web because chaos and schemes
>>
>>49595682
One thing to note, all the Prime Orks are supposed to be really eloquent aren't they? Like able to speak good high gothic and whatnot. The name the Beast is an approximate translation of his ork name.

So none of them would have typical orky names.
>>
>>49595834
Hmmm.
Then, I suppose you may literally get names like:
The Krumper
The Utterly Lethal Fool Flattener
>>
>>49595834
Can't we base these guys off the 6 names for the Primorks?

Unless the OU ones don't have names specified yet.
>>
>>49596946
We've only got the Beast, but alternate translations of his name are "I am slaughter", or "lord who will bring great slaughter."
>>
>>49590855
Nice. So then what happens?

Plot requires that Gengrat hold the loyalists until the rest of the Dark Imperium can stop them.

What happens to Balthazar/what does he do as he loses the favor of the Blood God?
>>
File: BALTHASAR.jpg (140KB, 783x467px)
BALTHASAR.jpg
140KB, 783x467px
>>49598024
>what does he do as he loses the favor of the Blood God?
Earn it back by krumping one of the Prime-orks and becoming a daemon prince?
>>
>>49598024
>loses the favor of the Blood God
How does that work, Khorne v Gork and Mork anyway? I'd have though the 2 would be channelling his waaagh!

>next
Uh, yes.
>>
>>49598024
>>49598130
>What happens to Balthazar/what does he do as he loses the favor of the Blood God?

So if W:TB's forces are coming generally from Northeast Segmentum Solar, (I think "where is the Beast's home base?" should be a major strategic question of the war) then that means Balthasar's hunting grounds are behind enemy lines.

The Iron Hearts are fortifying the line against the WAAAGH, and Gengrat holds back the Crusaders, but Balthasar finds himself with the WAAAGH between his territory and Imperial support, and has no one to help him defend his rear against the Storm Hammers. He suddenly finds himself facing a 2 front war against two extremely powerful foes. The Storm Hammers don't dedicate much to the gap by the Storm of the Emperor's Wrath, as they believe any gains in the region would be lost to the WAAAGH, but a handful of Storm Kings are sent to be a thorn in Balthasar's side.
>>
>>49598798
The Beast gets his best Prime-Ork warboss, The Butcher, to manage the rear front against the Bloodhounds. While many of the Primeorks are dangerous due to their extreme intelligence by Ork standards, the Butcher was simply the most brutal, bloodthirsty, and just plain big warbosses in the whole of the galaxy. The Beast himself was able to keep the Butcher in line only by cunning manipulation and the constant promise of worlds to burn.

Balthasar responds to this threat not by using the strategems of Gengrat or the restless tenacity of Rubinek. He does not even respond with his own cunning hunter's mind. He responds with brutality, and force. Every loyal bloodhound is mustered, every splintered warband is cajoled, and every serf given an autogun. Balthasar abandons his eastern front entirely, leaving it to burn under Storm Hammer invasion, and throws the whole of his might against the rear flank of the greatest ork WAAAGH in history.
>>
File: 5qwsN9l.jpg (727KB, 600x826px)
5qwsN9l.jpg
727KB, 600x826px
>>49598875
On the world of [Insert cool blood pun here] Balthasar's forces finally encountered The Butcher. The world had been conquered by Orks years ago, early in the war, and had become sort of a mustering ground for The Butcher's invasions to the north. Balthasar had blunted those invasions many times, and finally came looking for their source.

The Butcher was massive in scale. Balthasar had always been tall, a giant among men, but The Butcher stood a full three times taller. The Prime-Ork wore thick iron mega-armor, covered in rust and dried blood. On each arm were dozens of weapons, an entire killing array to suit the Butcher's taste for variety. Rokkit launchas, Power Klaw blades, massive rotating gatling cannons, and many more, each more deviously brutal than the last.

The battle was long, brutal, and bloody. Balthasar and the Butcher both brought their bestial ferocity to the forefront, attacking without concern for their own lives. Soon Balthasar's hunting leathers were torn to shreds, his power talon and flail cast aside. The Butcher, likewise, had his armor torn asunder by Balthasar. By sundown, the two monsters were brawling with tooth and nail.
>>
File: 7onBZ8i.jpg (197KB, 1000x714px)
7onBZ8i.jpg
197KB, 1000x714px
>>49599027
Neither combatant had any care for their own lives, but they also had little concern for the lives of their soldiers. Their sweeping blows slaughtered thousands of their own men over the course of the battle, turning planet [Insert cool blood pun here] into a charnel house. Blood ran in sheets down the plateau upon which they fought, and lakes of gore formed in the lowlands below.

The battle lasted for nine solar days, six local cycles, until eventually Balthasar and the Butcher grew exhausted. Their swings became increasingly sluggish, and each blow that landed left the victim disoriented and woozy. Knowing that he would soon die of blood loss, Balthasar pulled together what remaining strength of will he had. He shoved both hands into the Butcher's throat, and pulled apart until a snap louder than krakatoa split the Prime-Ork's jaw. With one hand, he grasped firmly, and ripped the Ork's skull out of its own bulbous head. He held it aloft, and let loose a bloodcurdling roar.

Khorne was greatly pleased by the brutality he had witnessed, and chose to bless Balthasar with daemonic princedom. The Bloody primarch's body twisted into a hulking red form, covered in mottled fur and sharp bony protrusions. Balthasar the Bloody ascended to etherial daemonhood, no longer bound to the mortal plane.

Afterward, Bloodhound cultists on major battlefields would chant the words of blood and offer the billion sacrifices needed to summon the Prince of Blood from the underverse. Such rituals always ended the same way: The entire world purged of life, with not even Bloodhound survivors to tell of what happened.
>>
File: IMG_0127.jpg (239KB, 1427x935px)
IMG_0127.jpg
239KB, 1427x935px
>>49599027
I just can't get over how ludicrous these orks are. They are just too big, every time i think of them i end up with this picture in my mind
>>
>>49599232
I'm ok with it if it's a one-off thing (or six-off?). If gargant sized orks were as prevalent as knights I'd be far less comfortable with it.
>>
>>49599027
Carnifex?
Carnage?
Sanguis?
Perhaps the world had a nice name before hand or something and gets renamed Butchers Fall or Bloodfall or something more metal afterawards.

>>49599041
Yes. Such yes.

So after the battle of [Planet Piss], I'm thinking the Bloodhounds, newly reninvigored by Khorne go on a rampage into the middle of the Beast's lines.
Perhaps this is also what gets Anshul off his ass an into the fray?
>>
>>49600154
>I'm thinking the Bloodhounds, newly reninvigored by Khorne go on a rampage into the middle of the Beast's lines.
could be a big factor in what finally puts a stop to the waaagh
>>
>>49600616
Idea.

The defeat of Primork + terrible rampage of ork lines allows [sorcerer name] to open a portal to the skull throne, khornate demons spew forth and match the green tide in ferocity if not numbers. Thousands fall every minute on both sides, but the daemons return to the fray only moments later, while the green tide slowly, but surely thins. Until finally after days/weeks/months of carnage the forces are now wading through knee deep oceans of blood, and eventually the horde finally breaks. And without the constant bloodflow sustaining, the portal collapses in on itself, drawing the daemons back to the warp, but forever tainting world. Great seas of blood and a handful of survivors are all that remain to tell tale of what happened on [planet name]

And thats how you turn a feudal world into an ocean world.
>>
>>49600764
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD PLANET!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL MOUNTAIN!
MAIM! KILL! BURN!
>>
>>49600822
lol edgy
>>
>>49600764
How long does the battle last? Does all this happen over the course of a few hours, or are Ork reinforcements and daemons pouring in for months until the invasion's back is broken?
>>
>>49600764
>>49600846
I like the idea of it being on the order of months, just because holy crap massive Daemon-Ork battle, but I suppose it'd be more satisfying to give the traitor legions themselves the role of dealing the deathblow.
>>
>>49600846
>>49600967
Yeah months. I was being literal with those seas of blood. I like the idea that 2 'unending' forces of pure brutality just charge at each other, over and over and over.

>>49600967
Well the legion would be the ones that start it, and would be the only survivors. I didnt envision a 'deathblow' as such. More of a point where the orks just run out of reinforcements at some point.
>>
>>49601137
Their own lust for battle proves to be their undoing, hammering themselves against the only force that can match them in that area until there's nothing left. It's like pottery.
>>
File: bunch of poets.jpg (210KB, 3264x2448px)
bunch of poets.jpg
210KB, 3264x2448px
>>49601160
>pottery
>>
>>49601137
>>49600967
>>49600846
>>49600764
Upon the moment that the portal is opened, Black Suns declare their part in war of the Beast is over and return to their secluded sector, sending away all who used their offer for refuge, no matter what condition they and their ships were in.
However, they left behind one of their devices: strange, crystalline object in the shape of a flower. Whether Black Suns' gift was accepted or smashed to pieces, their sector was again protected against any who dared to land upon their worlds or fire upon their property.
>>
>>49601519
How big are these guys/how powerful.
How do they defend their sector?
>>
Do you want actual Primarch Portraits?

Come and snag this guy

>>49601712

He did all the ones for the Hektor Heresy. Ask nicely, and he'd probably do all your Primarchs as well.
>>
>>49601519
That's cool.
I really like that idea. I'm imagining them responding all in the same moment, no need to communicate with each other, as one turning back, whether they were fighting, negotiating, or what.

>>49601137
>>49601160
Awesome.

So this Portal thing and the Ascension of Balthasar prove to be a turning point in the war against the Beast.

So this leaves us with 5 more Primorks and the Beast himself.

They're still quite capable of massive damage.

>Aftermath of the Butcher
With the sudden surge of the Bloodhounds, the Beast has to redeploy a significant amount of his force to hold them.

So probably, say a Prime-ork and a sizable fleet with some kill-moons.
This massive redeployment eliminates weakens the Ork lines, particularly at the long siege of [PLANET NAME]. This allows Enoch to shatter the Ork lines in a massive offensive of his own-- I'm thinking 1918 style.

The Beast, realizing that his lines are quickly collapsing, decides that his best shot is to try and take Terra, slay the Emperor, and use the immense powers there to wreak havoc. Of course Terra is incredibly well defended by supernatural forces, as well as the might of the Dark Imperium. Nonetheless, so great is the might of the Ork advance, that for the second time in 1,000 years, Terra burns.
In a strange twist of fate, it is [Redacted] defending the walls of the Imperial Palace, the Red Moon looming ever closer as the Orks fight across Terra.

The Warmaster is in a bind. (As the Beast predicted), he cannot call upon the powers of chaos here, because to do so will be to sink his realm into the Warp and forfeit his independence forever.

Enoch, meanwhile leads a massive relief armada to Terra to back up the Warmaster as other stuff happens.

What do people think?
>>
>>49601672
They are, individually, quite average astartes. Their strength lies in their knowledge and stange powers the ones who survive begin to attain from widely unknown sources. Additionally, they are backed uo by a sector rich in natural resources and population.
Number-wise, they are quite weak: In their prime, 10 000 astartes dwindle to less than 2 000 by the 41st millennium despite constant recruiting.
>>49601889
That is essentially what happened: they all knew it was their time to leave. Whether by telepathy, precognition or stranger means, they knew the moment the green tide had lost its chance to win the war.
>>
>>49601889
>decides that his best shot is to try and take Terra, slay the Emperor
assuming you mean the warmaster? Either way it doesnt work. The Beast is meant to by hyper intelligent. I doubt he would just panic and default to 'rush their hq' especially since he would have just suffered a crucial defeat to demons.

How would he know the warmaster wouldnt use demons there? This seems like random events sequenced together to set up the Warmaster defending the palace to allow your 'parallel' rather than a developing story.
>>
>>49602036
>"Emperor"
Doesn't the Warmaster call himself Emperor to his subjects?

>Rush Terra
Ah, I was thinking rushing the Warmaster would be a pretty decent idea since he's the one holding the traitors together. Without him, everyone kind of goes their own way, chaos being chaos.

>Knowing the Warmaster wouldn't use daemons
Yeah, that one's fair. I suppose he could possibly figure from the fact that the Warmaster didn't release Daemons earlier, he's not too hot on using warp powers to solve his problems, ergo has some weird relationship with the 4, but it is definitely there to get a second siege of Terra.
I suppose the other "dramatic" option is to push the Beast back to Ullanor.

Where do you think this should end up?
>>
>>49602123
Creating a power vacuum might cause them a bit of issues but it would also leave him massively over extended, surrounded, and sitting on the rock that everyone who wants to fill the vacuum is going to want.

As an ork strategy it kinda maybe works but as a hyper intelligent strategy it falls short.

And it relies on him knowing chaos is prone to infighting and the political climate of tue dark imperium. Meta knowledge.
>>
>>49602123
>Doesn't the Warmaster call himself Emperor to his subjects?
No he calls himself the Warmaster.
>>
>>49602287
Or Glorious Leader
Friend Warmaster
The Noble Protector and shield of Mankind.

The real question is are humans in the dark imperium referred to as comrades or honoured citizens or just something derogatory
>>
Right, so I've compilied all the badges so far. The only ones I still need proper suggestions for are the Arms of Asura and the Eyes of the Warmaster
After we get those two, I'll be sure to post the full list and we can discuss them and maybe change them around a bit.

>>49601801
>>49602034
>>49602190
>>49601961
This is pretty important. So after I'm done with this, I'll start looking back through older threads and I'll begin compiling a comprehensive list on the appearances of the Primarchs. Not just reference pictures, but actual descriptions. I would appreciate it if people could add any information they do have to wiki pages.
>>
>>49603593
Since when was there any competition? In saying that, we probably shouldn't be clogging there threads with our crap. Drawfag seems chill, maybe he'll help out, maybe he wont. Either way we should keep to our lane.
>>
>>49603669
Agreed. These threads are Asunder, those are Hektor. Maybe some anons overlap, but otherwise they are seperate. They both do their own thing, and can peacefully coexist.
>>
>>49603669
>>49603704
Oh, nono, don't misunderstand. There is no real competition between the two projects, that's not the point. The drawfag has mentioned that he might be willing to take a look at our primarchs, and we should compile information that might be relevant to him. Having actual depictions of our most important characters can be very helpful, both to inspire and draw in new contributors.
>>
>>49603896
Do you have any tips on how to 'depict' a character. I mean, tall, dark hair, is a primarch doesnt seem to be enough.
>>
>>49604242
Hair color and cut, eyes and look, jawline, shape of the head, any scars or distinct facial features, facial hair, etc.
>>
>>49603593
Writing up something for Raydon and Klaus, will post in the morning.
>>
>>49599232
I think the Primorks are actually closer to dreadknight size. The one Koorland kills is described as having a mace roughly twice as tall as a Space Marine, which is around the scale of a dreadknight's weapon.
>>
>>49603593
Maybe some kind of multihand thing for the Asurans?

Like the silhouettes of four outstretched hands, pointed outwards almost like the petals of a blossoming flower? Maybe an eye or a star or something at its centre?
>>
>>49606483
Doesn't Asura have 6 arms though? I like the idea of it being intricate and flower like, seems fitting, but I'd throw in the imagery of all 6 arms.
>>
>>49607221
Yeah Anshul has 6 arms.

I was thinking four simply because four Chaos gods. We could go for six though, not much harder.
>>
>>49607351
Ah, clever, but pre-heresy 6 makes more sense to me.
>>
>>49606483
>>49607221
A lotus made of 4 or 6 hands with an eye or flame at the center?
>>
>>49607761
Yeah, sound fantastic, though my vote here goes to the 6 hands and the flame.
>>
>>49602287
>>49603276
But if he doesn't take the title, then how can loyalist marines yell Death to the false Emperor!

>humans
Probably they have a propaganda name, friends, comrades, etc, but I think they are generally called proles.
>>
>>49607871
I think it was "Death to the false Imperium".
>>
File: Alexios.jpg (89KB, 529x662px)
Alexios.jpg
89KB, 529x662px
>mfw this thread lasted all night while bump limited
>>
>>49608866
Sure you aren't thinking about the HH thread?
>>
>>49608893
it was bump limited when I went to bed
it's still alive now.

So W:TB and the Second Crusade are more or less figured out, save for some major battles in Tempestus. Should we talk about the *first* crusade and how/why it fails in the next thread?
>>
>>49608956
I'm only seeing 260 posts.

Would the Century Siege be concurrent with the First Crusade or would it happen beforehand?
>>
>>49608956
Before that, can we please decide on the Eyes' badge? You have a decent understanding of them, Alexios. What are your thoughts? Still in favor of the Illuminati eye? Cuz I think that's kind of clichè.
>>
File: HH_Eye_of_Horus_icon.png (104KB, 1257x972px) Image search: [Google]
HH_Eye_of_Horus_icon.png
104KB, 1257x972px
>>49608974
>I'm only seeing 260 posts.
>TFW you wake up so tired you can't even read numbers

>>49608984
I say let's get a bit weird with it and use Horus' eye icon.
>>
>>49608974
>Would the Century Siege be concurrent with the First Crusade or would it happen beforehand?
You've mentioned the Century Siege a few times off-handedly and I'm still not 100% on what it is or where it fits other than that it's a siege that lasts a century.
>>
>>49609040
When the Scions flee Terra, they're followed all the way back to their home sector by a traitor legion (probably either the Judgement Bringers or the Iron Hearts) Then a warp storm closes off the sector and they have to keep the traitors at bay for a hundred years.
>>
>>49609025
How about something similar. Keep the arrow at the bottom, but have the actual eye part be an actual eye, not the Horus eye.
>>
File: 1HWbzDB.jpg (295KB, 1120x800px)
1HWbzDB.jpg
295KB, 1120x800px
>>49609108
In that case, plus the fact Maelstrom Zone being held until the 2nd crusade, it sounds like immediately post-heresy there isn't really an Unyielding Vigil at all. I find that very interesting. All that territory east of the firewall is held by traitors, with Amaranth standing alone as a beacon of resistance. Engerand calls a council, unites who he can, and successfully breaks the Century Siege. Simulations indicate the Maelstrom Zone is too heavily defended, so they opt to contain it as best they can and push through Tempestus instead, with the eventual goal of reaching Terra. Some leaders want to/hope to reclaim it, others just want to strangle REDACTED by his filthy traitor neck.
>>
>>49609200
>an actual eye, not the Horus eye.
I genuinely don't know what you mean by this
>>
>>49609214
A regular eye, with a pupil and an iris, with the arrow coming out of the bottom.
>>
>>49609347
>pupil and an iris
this usually ends up looking dumb when vectorized/turned into a simple symbol.

We really need someone who's at least marginally skilled at photoshop and can make simple vector symbols.
>>
>>49609391
Photoshop doesn't work with vectors. You want Illustrator for that.
>>
>>49609406
the fact that I don't know that *illustrates* my point pretty clearly. All the maps I've drawn were in MS paint.
>>
>>49595519
>>49595682
>>49596867
Maybe then go for stuff along the lines of The Beast and the The Butcher.

The Beast.
>Biggest of biggest bosses. Dies near Terra, after hurling Ullanor Prime into the system and opening a gate for his entire Waaagh! to pour through?
The Butcher.
>Most physically fearsome of the non-Beast Primorks. Most confirmed Astartes kills. Killed by Balthasar.
The Devourer.
>Named for his immense hunger and how is Waaagh! had almost made a religion out of eating humans. Killed by Saul?
The Storm.
>Primork master of fast attack Waaagh!, his horde are green space mongols on huge bikes, even the goddamn meganobz are on bikes. Killed by Kashaln?
The Scourge.
>MEKBOY PRIMORK. Gargants, gargants everywhere, constantly innovating mad Waaagh!machines. Killed by Gengrat?
The Cyclops.
>Weirdboy Primork. Has a single, blazing eye. Monstrously powerful psyker. Killed by, no shit, Anshul.

Who should kill The Beast himself?
>>
File: chess_piece_king.png (26KB, 512x512px)
chess_piece_king.png
26KB, 512x512px
>>49609391
>>49609347
>>49609214
After thinking about it for a bit, I really don't like the idea of using the Eye of Horus. Aside from things I've already said about using existing symbols, it's also a Cthonian thing.
On the way home I did come up with something else though; a white chesspiece, specifically the king. It works on multiple levels.
First off, chess symbolizes strategy and planning. Second, white starts, symbolizing how the Eyes plan ahead and strike the first blow.
Third, the king represents the importants of the Warmaster. And fourth, chess, or regicide, is one of Malcador's favorite games, and Malcador raised/trained REDACTED.

We could also replace the cross on the top with an eye, but that might be a bit convoluted.
>>
>>49610248
I mean, they are the EYES of the warmaster. Their symbol is pretty obvious imo.
>>
>>49610277
I don't like being TOO obvious.
>>
>>49610298
I think you're overthinking things. If something is obvious, then we SHOULD go with it.
>>
>>49610326
Eye could work, just not feeling the Eye of Horus.
Personally I like the imagery of the king, but I guess it's up to others.
>>
>>49610099
A thought- what Ork tek even look like in a Waagh-field this intense? Would it start to look like Old One and Eldar shit?

I like these ideas, but I'm not sure about Gengrat taking out The Scourge, since we currently have him holding the Tempest Gap.
Which is really too bad, since abomination engines fighting waaagh spawned machines would be metal as fuck.

Maybe Enoch kills the beast?
I want Enoch to do something awesome in such a way that he just becomes more of the Warmaster's bitch.
>>
>>49610349
>>49610326
My vote for Eyes symbol.

>>49608956
>First Crusade
What I have already collected is.
1. Raydon calls for First Council of Titans
2. After discussion, Engerand is eventually selected as Lord-High Marshal of the Imperial Force
3. He retains central authority of the Imperial Auxillia, whilst naming Raydon Lord-Admiral of the Imperial Armada.
4. The forces are divided into 3 forces.
>1
A fairly small force, sent to locate the Void Lords, if possible.
>2
The Main force under Engerand, doing most the crusade stuff
>3
A detachment, under Xun or Alexios who is sent to relieve the Scions.

>>49610632
it occurs to me, that once Balthasar has drained the waaagh of its momentum and killed even one of the primorks - wouldn't the entire waaagh-field weaken? Making the other primorks weaker by extension?
>>
>>49610744
A single, burning eye works for me. That gives us the following list:

I. Bloodhounds | Collared dog with hackles raised
II. Crimson Warhawks | Black lightning bolt behind a white feather
III. Fists of Mars | Fist inside a cog, black and white
IV. Silver Spears | Crossed spears
V. Warp Raiders | 8 pointed spider web
VI. Storm Hammers | Thundering Hammer
VII. Judgement Bringers | Circular chain with a skull in the center
VIII. Void Lords | Halo around a dark moon
IX. Oathsworn | Caduceus
X. Paladins of Kor | Lion Rampant
XI. Second Sons | Shield with a star in the center
XII. Angels of Light | Winged ankh
XIII. Sky Serpents | Circular quetzalcoatl
XIV. Behemoth Guard | Crimson nine pointed star
XV. Arms of Asura | Lotus made of 6 hand with flame at the center
XVI. Eyes of the Warmaster | Single, burning eye
XVII. Iron Hearts | Iron Cross
XVIII. Undying Scions | Roaring megapanther
XIX. Negators | Woad blue triquetra
XX. Knights Exemplar | Crossed swords, blue on silver

Any objections? I know Raydon was gonna ask that artist for permission.
>>
>>49610826
sent them a message. no reply. so just gonna roll with it.
>>
>>49610826
>XVII. Iron Hearts | Iron Cross
Like I said earlier, their Icon is a green heart with lightning bolts behind it. This was posted in like thread #1. I'll ask Iron Hearts Anon for a pic, he probably still has it.
>>
>>49587270
That's a pretty Schway picture you got there.
>>
>>49610744
>Symbol
I like it. Rhymes like pottery with the Eye of Horus.

>1st Crusade
I think Alexios is sitting this one out. If the Iron Hearts are in Vigil Space, the Serpents will want in on it.
Also, since it was a joint Scions Serpents fleet that arrived in the Sol System, I think the slower Serpents ships were tasked with aiding the Scions, so the Serpents may expect to find missing brothers.

>Waagh-field stuff
Probably. It would explain a lot.

>>49610826
Looks good here.
>>
>>49610930
Check, changed it.
>>
File: SpaceMarineHelmets.jpg (558KB, 1920x1080px)
SpaceMarineHelmets.jpg
558KB, 1920x1080px
>>49610826
Also descriptions.

>Raydon
Hair is kept short, almost unkempt. It is black, with thought some parts are beginning to grey.
His face worn, rugged, and battered by war, he sports several scars. He maintains a light stubblish beard, on his strong jaw. His eyes are pitch black, hard and fierce in their gaze. They are often described by others as 'piecing' looking straight into ones soul.

He holds himself as I imagine most of the primarchs do, with a sense of regal authority. He is of average Primarch height, and strength, and wears armour that is designed for ease of movement rather than hard-line protection. It is angular compared to typical round power armours, but is otherwise fairly plain, being unadorned by symbols and frivolous iconography.

He also wears a type 8 helmet, which was given to him by Klaus.

>Klaus
Klaus has short well kept hair of gold, his eyes glitter silver, and are sharp but welcoming. His features are soft for a Primarch his skin, armour, and mind, untouched by centuries of war. He has wide shoulders, and carries himself with unconscious pride and certainty. He stands firmly, often with his hands clasped together, or resting on the hilt of his sword. He is clean shaven, and his armour is adorned with battle honours and iconography of his legion, and the Imperium. He is never seen without his sword at his waist.

He wears the type 8 helmet.
>>
>>49611549
>Alexios
His long white hair and extremely pale skin are the source of his monniker, Alexios the White. His face is notably wrinkled where other primarchs do not visibly age beyond maturity, and his body is much smaller than most of his brothers, apparently somewhat frail, though looks can be decieving. His face is sallow with sharp features that make him look constantly judgemental. His eyes are gold.
>>
>>49611674
>Balthasar
Long, unkempt dark hair that's more like a mane than a head of hair. It runs down his chins in sideburns, down his back, and covers his arms in patches. His face is sardonic, always with visible humor behind his eyes. His movements are twitchy and erratic, and he has a tendency to fidget.
>>
File: Oramar.jpg (42KB, 620x421px) Image search: [Google]
Oramar.jpg
42KB, 620x421px
>Oramar
His hair has never been cut, and he keeps it bound in a turban-like headwrap. His skin is swarthy and his face classically handsome. He has a tightly trimmed, short moustache. His eyes are monotone white due to his farsight.
>>
>>49611762
No idea who this is.
>>
>>49613995
I think that's Lawrence of Arabia.
>>
>>49613995

>Doesn't know Omar Sharrif

You depress me.
>>
>>49614431
letting other peoples ignorance affect you.
your weakness offends me
>>
>>49613995
>>49614079
>>49614431
>>49614723
I literally googled "famous arab actors" and picked the coolest picture.
>>
>>49614079
>>49614431
>>49614790
GRIS confirms: Omar Sharif as Lawrence of Arabia.
>>
>>49614891
>>49614790
need moar prompts
>>
File: secundus.jpg (609KB, 900x662px)
secundus.jpg
609KB, 900x662px
>>49616333
"Crusaders who earn glory in this Great Crusade against the infidels of the false Emperor will be given fiefdoms to rule in the East. You will be my Kings of the Storm, each of you. To fools it may seem we are shattered, but in truth we are like the Storm. Look, I have forged for you all great hammers. Go and fight the infidels, and reclaim Holy Terra in the name of the true God Emperor of Mankind!"
-Engerand, Grand High Marshall of the First Crusade, ~200.M31, said while mustering his legionaries for the First Holy Crusade.

everyone post cool Storm Hammer second founding chapters with cool paintschemes
>>
File: Iron Crusaders.png (38KB, 201x281px)
Iron Crusaders.png
38KB, 201x281px
>>49616574
Who's our loyalist Abbadon? I know Engerand leads the first crusade because muh primarchs but what about a recurring non-primarch dude?

I have a suggestion for one. A Storm Hammers captain with a second founding chapter that is Codex Alexiostartes compliant.

>The Iron Crusaders
To the Iron Crusaders, zeal and righteous fury are all a warrior needs. The founding chapter master, Einhard Rommek, swore on the shrineworld of Terra Nova that he would kill every traitor in the galaxy. His chapter of crusading astartes pushed through the Tempestus gap with many others, notably fighting at the battle of New Hope to break Iron Heart bunkerworlds near the firewall.

Grimmler is a general of implacable force. In strategy he favors the use of mobilized tactical marines supported by predator and vindicator pattern support. However, the true strength of his chapter lies in its veteran corps of Tartaros Terminators called the Storm Squad. Every member of the Storm Squad fought at the Treachery at Cadia, battle-hardened warriors who knew no fear.
>>
>>49616946
>Grimmler
I played with a few names and I edit poorly.

They're basically space nazis, what do you guys think?
>>
>>49616574
Knights Tempest
> Formidable foes known for their tightly regimented bolter drills. They are a second founding chapter, whose home is the mountainous planet of Armalia. Their colours are blue and white, representing their linage to the Storm Hammers and the Icy caps of its home mountains.

Their leader takes the title of Marshal, after their Primarch's legendary title, but in almost all other regards, are codex compliant.
>>
>>49617200
Wait no, they would be massively divergent since they would use psykers and a gorrillaman style of organisation with an emphasis on tactical marines.

My bad.
>>
>>49616946
>Loyalist Abbadon
Im not sure I understand the function of such a character in this setting. I see Abbadon as someone who unites warbands off all 4 chaos gods under 1 banner, but I don't see whats transferable to a loyalist side.
>>
>>49616574
I'll goof around with color schemes later but how about:

>Ravens of Morga
Most of the Storm Hammers legion is known for their even temper and honor, even in the fiercest of drop combats. The Ravens are a notable exception. Even before the horrors of the Heresy, the old 13th Chapter? Brotherhood? Was an known for its Saturnine disposition. Like similar formations across the legions, they specialized in macro-extinction protocols, their forces consisting of unusually high concentrations of Destroyer squads.
The Ravens, like the rest of their legion, typically deployed by massed drop pod assault amid intense orbital bombardment. However, due to the nature of their foes, the Ravens developed a distinct patterns of field fortification. The Ravens scoured their landing zone before digging in to face the horrors that awaited them.
Thus it was that during the heresy, the Ravens turned their mortars, cannon, and hammers from Xenos Abomination to the ranks of the traitor astartes.
After the heresy, they were given a fiefdom, etc etc.
First CM is probably someone like Thane Othel the Wroth, big even by Astartes standards, dark, with black dreadlocks and a massive hammer. He probably eschews the protection of a shield and has an arm mounted grenade launcher or something.
I'm thinking he's like the Nassir Amit of the Storm Hammers.
I'll write a bit more later, next thread most likely.

>>49616946
Would this be a chosen of the Emperor type?
I think we're more likely to see a slowly evolving set of dudes.
Or maybe there's someone from the central Imperial Senate who officially leads them?

>>49616960
Not digging the name. Rommek is ok. Though there's a Judgement Bringer with a similar name.
>>
File: The_Sigillite_clean.jpg (52KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
The_Sigillite_clean.jpg
52KB, 500x495px
For the record i'm pretty stoned right now so these ideas may be shit.

>>49617212
I think it's relatively common for otherwise codex compliant chapters to diverge on the matter of librarians in that way. The first thing to get cut when people other than the Angels read it are the parts about witchcraft.

>>49617246
>I don't see whats transferable to a loyalist side.
Why not? Someone's gotta lead these 13 crusades. Actually, now that I think about it, divorce the Iron Crusaders from the Abbadon idea, it's not for them. They're just neat little space nazis in a tiny pocket of a war. The Space Abbadon

Loyalist Abbadon would be the leader of the Knights Errant, Malcador's own Astartes forged from the outcasts of many legions during the REDACTED Heresy. Charged with the defense of Terra Nova along with the Custodes, and high marshall of at least a few of the later Holy Crusades. Maybe a loyalist Judgement Bringer a la Garviel Loken or Nathaniel Garro? A Veteran of the Great Crusade, and the Heresy, and the first crusade, and the second, and maybe a few after that.

>Would this be a chosen of the Emperor type?
Yeah, even moreso than Eulodius, though it'd take a different form. Eulodius becomes angelic for obvious reasons but a JB probably would be different.
>>
>>49616946
Why does anyone use that codex again? Seems like a bad idea. Wouldn't everyone just stick to either the way there were organised with tactical marines at the fore front, or someone else with half a brain realise they need that and write that down for everyone to use?
>>
>>49617445
The Codex Astartes isn't really about high level organisation. It's a huge fucking volume which contains all of girlyman's knowledge about warfare. All of it.
>>
>>49617421
>>49617445
>guiding tactical doctrine
>everyone who reads it immediately invalidates a portion of it.

>>49617465
If its based of gorrillaman than why does it vary so much from what he determined was the most effective forms of combat?
>>
>>49617334
Oh!
They've also probably got a special terminator heavy first company (which just seems like a general storm hammer thing, now that I think of it)
The Ravens of Morgas tend to field them with massive, two handed thunder hammers, the idea being that that's how a man slays a carnifex.
Most likely, the Ravens of Morgas were deployed for the War on Murder and emerged in the first place during the Rangdan Xenocide.

Given all this, perhaps they are later are made into/double as daemon-slayers? Their rad grenades and phosphex supplemented with true-silver flechettes and thrice blessed promethium?

It really depends on how the Storm Kingdoms deal with chaos threats-- secret Grey Knights stuff, general capacity across the chapters, etc.

Also how about a shield wall chapter. Like breachers and terminators with massive storm shields. They developed from the need to endure after the initial strike. They prove pretty effective against Balthasar's Hounds, too, given the shield wall can take a charge like no-ones business. They'd be like a chapter of Dorn's Phalanx Wardens, but cooler.
>Shield Bearers

>>49617421
Yeah, definitely one of Malcador's dudes.
What happens to Malcador, anyways?
>>
>>49617421
>Astartes forged from the outcasts of many legions during the REDACTED Heresy
Sounds like the Broken Blades.

>Loyalist Abbadon
Why only 1 guy? Im more of a fan of the idea that various individuals lead them. Keep in mind that the 2nd crusade consists of 2 seperate forces attempting 2 different objectives. And doesnt even include all of the Legion factions.

>Defence of Terra Nova
Isn't that the proxy tomb world where people are told the Emperors being kept? If so, wouldn't the Custodes be incharge of it.

As for
> A Veteran of the Great Crusade, and the Heresy, and the first crusade, and the second, and maybe a few after that.
&
>the leader of the Knights Errant

What we had working so far was
>Knight-Captain Cato Deckain
who held the seat of Speaker for the Senate, but he was going to die of at some point, to open up the seat.

But the leader of the Broken Blades was
>Lord-Commander Manus Aurillia
Who again dies off at some point, around the 3 or 4th crusade if I remember.
>>
>>49617490
The Codex Astartes isn't a guiding tactical doctrine to the Storm Hammers. It's a foreign book made by the arch-clerk of boringtown two countries away. They take what's useful and leave the rest, and they think librarians are useful.
>>
>>49617575
>>Defence of Terra Nova
>Isn't that the proxy tomb world where people are told the Emperors being kept? If so, wouldn't the Custodes be incharge of it.
The name is growing on me. I was referring to the Council of Titans and Security Council whateveryoucallit world, which IMO should also be that proxy tomb's location as well.
>>
>>49617590
Now i'm confused. Aren't that chapter meant to be codex compliant?

>>49617604
Yeah thats fine, since the Custodes were already in charge of protecting the Council planet anyway. May was well put it there.
>>
>>49617575
>Sounds like the Broken Blades.
Sort of, but the Broken Blades are an entire armed force of remnant soldiers, the Knights Errant starts with like 5-6 dudes, then those dudes are given some genestock and that's how you get Grey Knights. The purpose of Malcador's Knights Errant was to hand-pick the soldiers who had faced chaos and resisted it without temptation, and use them as the basis for an Astartes force to fight chaos.

These would be the small handful of characters from various legions that Malcador brings close to him to defeat chaos. Soldiers who were close to the taint of the warp and came through clean.

It's a pretty neat prompt opportunity, actually. One of the Knights Errant.

>>49617649
>Aren't that chapter meant to be codex compliant?
That's a spectrum not a boolean
>>
>>49617695
How is it not boolean?

Does the chapter follow the rules listed by the book.
If yes. Compliant.
If no. Not compliant.

More to the point. Who sets the limit if it is a spectrum?
>>
File: 1454487702976.png (4KB, 500x500px)
1454487702976.png
4KB, 500x500px
>>49617995
>Does the chapter follow the rules listed by the book.
You can follow some rules and not others.

>Who sets the limit if it is a spectrum?
What are you talking about? What limit?
>>
>>49617695
Yeah i get what the Knights Errant are.

So are we setting up an AU grey knights now?
>>
File: Don'Keigh.jpg (124KB, 500x689px)
Don'Keigh.jpg
124KB, 500x689px
>>49618065
I suppose so? I suppose what I'm saying is, our AU grey knights' leader might fulfill a role similar to Abbadon, that is, mustering the fractured legions and bringing them back to the Long War against the False Emperor on Unholy Terra.
>>
>>49618036
I think anon is asking when does one stop being codex compliant.

For example in the ou a codex compliant chapter is a chapter that utilizs the 10 standard company format.

If you dont, youre either divergent (you do but have made a minor mod) or you are non-compliant (major mods/total disregard)

For example. Say i recreated in this AU the ultramarines. Total carbine copy just with a different primarch. Would they be codex compliant, divergent, or would they be considered to have total disregard for it.

Anon feel free to correct my interpretation.
>>
>>49618093
>when does one stop being codex compliant.
Wouldn't that depend on who you're asking? The codex police aren't gonna come arrest you if you have psykers, dude, the Emperor is dead.
>>
>>49618087
But thats not the role of the grey knights? And after multiple failed attempts why would anyone follow him? Abbadon leads through fear and divine will.
>>
File: 1430623801743.jpg (52KB, 343x356px)
1430623801743.jpg
52KB, 343x356px
>>49618105
>But thats not the role of the grey knights?
The Grey Knight's role isn't to fight chaos?

>And after multiple failed attempts why would anyone follow him? A
>Abbadon leads through fear and divine will.

You answered your own question m8
>>
>>49618104
In my opinion it shouldnt. The codex astartes is a military guide, i get the alexios codex is also religious in nature, but if its setting the standard for military actions it shouldnt be 'open' to interpretation.

If it says you can only have 1000 marines then anyone over than is no longer compliant.
If it says you should have 1 captain in charge of no more than 100 marines than again, more than that is noncompliance.

There should be some pretty clear cut rules if its to have any purpose. Otherwise its just a religious textbook which wouldnt pick up any interest outside of the Imperium minoris.
>>
>>49618117
There role is not to lead other armies... they are a secret force not high commanders.

How exactly are these guys going to scare anyone into anything? They would number only dozens. Against literal galactic empires.

And divine will isnt really a thing when most astartes dont believe the Emperor is a god. Yours is the ONLY religious group.
>>
>>49618129
>The codex astartes is a military guide
Yes, a complex one. It includes everything from the military organization you described to how to fight a dude with an axe if you have a knife. It's everything Alexios knows about warfare, and that's a lot.

>it shouldnt be 'open' to interpretation.
I don't understand. Who is there to stop you? There is no Imperium in the east, only fractured warlord states. Codex Compliance doesn't really mean what it did in gulliman's post-war imperium.
>>
C'mon guys, more physical descriptions.
We're also gonna need them for the underrepresented primarchs, like Engerand, Graha'nak and Marcus.
I'll try to go back and find some stuff in old threads myself. What was the archive site called again?
>>
>>49618561
They dont have descriptions anywhere.

Honeslty ive never thought about what they look like either. Marcus is a brain in a jar.

>>49618244
If there is no standard, then how can one claim to be codex compliant? Could an OU chapter be moved into Asunder and just say straight up they are codex compliant?

You posted that you thought it would be good for all successor chapter to follow the codex. But if there is no standard, then arent they already?
>>
>>49618880
>If there is no standard, then how can one claim to be codex compliant?
It's sort of meaningless. In this case it means they use the same military structures as the Codex outlines but attach a librarius command group. It just means they're relatively normal, dude, you're getting all worked up over nothing.

>You posted that you thought it would be good for all successor chapter to follow the codex.
That's not what I meant. I meant all legions should have successor chapters with different iconography for fun. I do not care if they have 1000 or 2000 or whatever men.
>>
>>49618931
I didn't think I was particularly worked up, more confused. Sorry if it came across as aggressive or anything. I was thinking of Alexios' codex was attempting to do something similiar to gorrillamans codex, it seems like thats not its intent. I've misunderstood.
>>
>>49618880
If the Primarch pictures for the Hektor Heresy are anything to go by, we're looking for descriptions pre-Heresy/pre-Demonhood. Pretty sure Marcus wasn't always a brain in a jar.
>>
Thread is sinking, new thread:
>>49619167
>>49619167
>>49619167
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.