/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kaladesh gets released in a day. Anyone got some Standard br

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 48

File: elder deep fiend.jpg (20KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
elder deep fiend.jpg
20KB, 241x347px
Kaladesh gets released in a day. Anyone got some Standard brews prepared?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/flying-dutchman-1/
>>
File: Rashmi-Eternities-Crafter.png (197KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Rashmi-Eternities-Crafter.png
197KB, 265x370px
Threw this together, needs a lot more work still though.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-09-16-szO-bant-control/
>>
I'll be playing some aetherflux nonsense for sure. I've got my deck nine cards from finished.

There's been several builds out there for it. I've had sold games with it against red white beats, but if I'm on the draw I can have trouble stabilizing in time.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vroomvroomdek/

If vehicles are wrong,. I don't want to be right.
>>
Don't have a decklist yet, but I want to make a WU control shitbrew with Thalia, Baan, control enchants, and Elder Deep Fried. Maybe with a side of flicker and bounce.
>>
File: HWJquTo.png (31KB, 737x187px) Image search: [Google]
HWJquTo.png
31KB, 737x187px
>>49563404
This...kind of. Too lazy to edit rn.

Just a budget brew until I can see how some cards work out. This nigga ain't got time for playtesting
>>
I can't wait to get BTFO

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/green-black-energy/
>>
I've never played standard before (mostly a modern player) and I'm thinking of building a budget deck for it just to fuck around. Is this deck okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbj2_RxzcgU

I have pretty much zero knowledge of the standard meta and not really expecting to top 8 with it, just playing for the sake of playing.
>>
>>49568198
Honestly, it's probably a fine starting point. You most likely won't have any standard staples in that deck, but it looks competitive enough to have fun with.

>>49568020
This is the deck (sort of) that I'm going to bring. It's probably at least twice as much as what The Prof has, and might only be 1.5x as consistent as what he uploaded. And honestly, when I watched that video I was like "damn, that looks like fun".

But once the meta at my lgs shakes out, I'll probably end up spending waaay more on a deck than I have any business doing.
>>
>>49568356
I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm not planning to stay in standard. I just wanted to play jank with Kaladesh cause the set actually looks pretty fun compared to "Coco and Midrange: The format"
>>
>>49568424
Yeah. It should be fun.
>>
>>49563404

Deck seems pretty unorganized, you have a random smattering of aggro cards like scrap heap and syndicate trafficer, and then some control and midrange cards like skyship and gearhulk.

Also, dark dwellers is pretty bad with so few spells to abuse.
>>
File: Colosus.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Colosus.png
132KB, 223x311px
Alright guys, rate and hate.

I dont expect the deck to be perfect, as it is a personal brew, but I want it to be competitive.

Feel free to critique sideboard as well.

https://deckstats.net/decks/47438/573767-sh-tfinity/en
>>
File: CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKER.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKER.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
Still working on a Standard deck. Gonna be RG energy, holy shit is the deck hurting for burn though. Collective Defiance works but man is it a really boring and clunky card.

Everyone else building the deck is confused whether or not to run hydras or Fleetwheel cruisers (Car's better) and isn't realizing Akoum Firebird is pretty good in the deck since it can come back after a wrath.

Really hope the deck gets some cool energy production in Aether Revolt. Hopefully something that can shoot the face.

Another deck option I'm considering is Pummeler Green energy with an Atherworks marvel chucked in to grab free shit every one in a while.
>>
I made this god knows if this shitbrew will work or not though.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kaladesh-standard-jeskai-artifactz/
>>
>>49568764
i assume the sky skiffs are a budget thing? If not smuggler's copter is MUCH better.
>>
>>49568685
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-09-16-dKV-rg-aggro/
Here's a budget list I threw together. Didn't go all in on energy. Any comments?
>>
>>49563404
Brewing sultai emerge. Sucks losing Gather the Pack, but hopefully Perpetual Timepiece and Scrapheap Scrounger can fill in the gaping hole the lack of one card leaves. May use Corpse Churn to dig through the deck faster acting as grapple 5-8. I'm gonna absolutely hate smuggler's copter in this format so hopefully kozi's rape train can do enough to stop those shenanigans. If not, there's noose constrictor, who I originally wanted to cut to make room for the scroungers.
>>
Man. I'm scared to buy packs for this set, even for fun. I'd be better off buying SOI/EMN if I want any chance of recouping my cost on packs.
>>
I'm looking to play modules and hopefully combustible gearhulk in the same deck
>>
>>49568793
Not so much budget as nobody at my prerelease pulled any and I either traded or bought or pulled the rest. I will end up getting the smug copter once my store gets some. But how is the deck otherwise.
>>
>>49568900
Just draft, its more fun that way
>>
>>49565887
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vroomvroomdek/

No start your engines? Seems like an oversight
>>
>>49568811
Looks neato. Kinda hard to see where the Energy Aggro decks go since the format is so young. I forgot about the Werewolf lord having haste so she's probably a lot better than brazen scourge with what I've been testing. Might try running her since she can flip the other wolves.

Only thing I would suggest is maybe Servant of the Conduit and Attune to Aether for mana fixing and extra energy but even then I'm not sold on them in aggro lists.They generate more energy to keep pumping your brawlers and keep your hellion around if they don't have answers for it.

I feel you could probably ditch the mainboard Hydras for Fleetwheel cruiser. Use Hydras in the sideboard against decks with lots of spot removal and -x/-x based removal.

Also since you run a bunch of 1 drops you can also try out Reckless Bushwhacker for stronger pushes.
>>
>>49569040
I'm probably going to draft it a few times on MTGO, it looks fun.

Man, I'd rather buy OGW packs for chase ultra-mythics.
>>
>>49569166
but kaladesh has ultra-mythics too
>>
>>49568198

The vampire deck from his other video seems to be much better.
>>
>>49569241
yeah but OGW has better cards.
>>
>>49563404
Started working on a list for turbo Metalwork Colossus but declaration in stone exists. Probably including eldrazi mimic for extra attacks.
>>
File: 1474065133473.jpg (18KB, 360x213px) Image search: [Google]
1474065133473.jpg
18KB, 360x213px
>>49569270
>OGW has better cards
>>
>>49569436
GDD, Sylvan Advocate, Oath of Nissa. Also smaller set so better chance to get the value cards.

Oh yeah, Kalitas.
>>
Probably going to try and throw together some RG Aggro deck, with Reckless Bushwacker and Voltaic Brawler.
>>
>>49569378

Whats good for lowering colossus cost? Im thinking deadlock playset and Blue puzzleknots
>>
>>49569480
Sylvan Advocate is the only thing you listed that is still worth a damn. Everything else lost much with the rotate.
>>
>>49563404
If anyone is interested in seeing a deck that uses Paradoxical Outcome and Woodweavers Puzzleknot to do insane things I'll post it when I get back to my PC. The current iteration has been killing consistently with Aetherflux Reservoir
>>
>>49569941
I would be, pretty stoked that a psudo-storm deck is actually possible in this format.
>>
R8 my shitbrew:
http://deck(dot)tk/5tjl3von
>>
>>49570024
I'll post the current iteration then in a few
It does have Storm-y turns but it actually plays more like Sphinx's Rev control decks since you grind the game out for a turn where you draw a few cards and gain a bunch of life and energy for cheap.
>>
>>49570210
>>49570024
>>49569941
I know this might be probably bad, but eternal scourge seems like it can be looped in that deck both as a shield and to have a spell to cast to keep gaining life.
>>
>>49569941
Quick question with Aetherflux Reservoir. If you do pay the 50 life to nuke something, could your opponents respond to the activation cost and burn your face? It would be pretty shitty to pay 50, be at 1 and they collective defiance you in response.

Could you prevent this by going "Pay 50 life, holding priority I deal 50 to you." ?
>>
>>49570419
Nope, they could respond.

Of course, you could cast another spell and gain lots of life in response to that again.
>>
>>49570372
I wouldn't count on it, it only goes into exile if a spell or ability your opponent controls targets it. So using it as a blocker doesn't trigger it's ability to put it into exile. They also wouldn't ever use their spells or abilities on it unless they were desperate.
>>
File: Salvage Titan.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Salvage Titan.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>49569781
Foundry Inspector doesn't count directly due to being a creature but the -1 cost to everything else helps you get to 11 faster.

Cultivator's Caravan taps for mana and is the right size for the Inspector to drive. It might be right to replace it with Bazaar Barge depending if the mana fixing matters.

Because I'm afraid of the Colossus being killed without attacking I'm looking at 2 Haunted Cloaks to let it run across early. Key to the city for unblockable may work instead.

Hedron Archive depends on the rest of the deck. It is probably late unless you have other big things you want to cast.

Aether Flask rotates but Prophetic Prism and Black Puzzleknot are cheap cantrip artifacts. Blue too, scry 2 is pretty close to draw a card, Especially if you cast a cantrip one right after. These are cheap rocks that you can throw away to bring it back from the grave as well.

Because I am including Eldrazi Mimics for extra big guys I decided to add Fleetwheel Cruiser for them to drive in.

I'm a cheapo but Sahili copy artifacts still have their mana cost or can be sacrificed to get the Colossus back.
>>
>>49570419
Yeah they can burn you, but you will have way more than you need.
>>
>>49563404
Are the copters worth it? this is my first standard deck in a long time
>>
>>49570588
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blood-smugglers/
this is the decklist
>>
>>49570480
Also consider refab or aetherworks marvel, cheating artifacts in the old fashioned way is very doable
>>
>>49569941
>>49570024
>>49570419
Paradoxical Outcome deck for whoever was interested

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/paradoxical-puzzleknots/

The only special things in the SB are a Dynavolt Tower and a Deadlock Trap
>>
>>49570735
Gonna love Paradoxical Outcome in my Niv Mizzet EDH, bounce all my tapped manarocks, draw 5-10 cards, end turn with a massive hand that you can wheel.
>>
File: Jeskai Nahiri meme.png (34KB, 652x281px) Image search: [Google]
Jeskai Nahiri meme.png
34KB, 652x281px
Losing to Lost Legacy is all I do
>>
File: Image.png (264KB, 445x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
264KB, 445x311px
Thoughts on a deck with maybe 2~3 of each of these, and just fuckloads of removal?
>>
>>49569040
For sure. My locals also let you buy a given pack and get a new one so money cards don't lead to bad drafting. It's been relevant once or twice
>>
>>49569058
I like that card but haven't tested. Shat on people at the prerelease. Actually removing vehicles is counterintuitive a lot of the time, at least in g1 and they just sit around
>>
>>49571357
I have been running these two together for a bit. Currently in the BG shell with Prized Amalgams
>>
>>49571524
Requiring artifact destruction at everything but instant speed has gotta be nice, I'm sure loading vehicles with start your engines is going to win some games post-fumigate
>>
>>49569243
He missed way too much good shit with his vampire video. Falkenrath Gorger in particular, which is a fucking 2/1 for R that gives all your vampires in hand madness.
>>
Any tips on drafting Kaladesh? Strong colours, archetypes, etc. Gonna crack open and draft a sealed display (yes. a display per person) sometime soon. It's overwhelming just to think about building a 40 card deck out of a 500+ pool.
>>
You can probably do things with Thermo-Alchemist, Harnessed Lightning, Dynavolt Tower and other assorted energy cards I think.
>>
File: 1356321972667.gif (471KB, 415x340px) Image search: [Google]
1356321972667.gif
471KB, 415x340px
I'm currently playing U/B zombies and can't decide how I want to adjust it with Kaladesh. Smuggler's Copter seems like a given since it's a better Vryn's Prodigy and a lot fucking cheaper at the moment. Think I should drop anything, aside from the stuff that's obviously rotating out, like Diregraf Colossus or swap a Haunted Dead or two for Scrapheap Scrounger? Scrapheap seems like it could be a more reliable Amalgam trigger since it's revive cost doesn't make you discard. My current pre-rotation list is:

Liliana, the Last Hope x2

Cryptbreaker x4
Relentless Dead x4
Prized Amalgam x4
Haunted Dead x4
Gisa and Geralf x2
Haunted Dead x4
Voldaren Pariah x3
Fleshbag Marauder x1*
Nantuko Husk x1*
Diregraf Colossus x3

Dark Salvation x4
Grasp of Darkness x3
Collective Brutality x1

Sunken Hollow x4
Choked Estruary x4
Swamp x12
Island x1
Geier Reach Sanitarium x1
Westvale Abbey x2
>>
>>49571357
might want to consider some sort of colorless aggro with the colorless blue lord and also the artifact lord.
>>
>>49571357
Mono black

You got your Lost Legacy
You got your Eternal Scourge
Target yourself with Lost legacy and name Eternal Scourge
Millions of removal spells
free wins
>>
I'm not really sure what to do, so I just poorly rebuilt Red/White Humans . Wondering about Toolcraft Exemplar, but I don't know if I have enough artifacts.

Creature (21)

4x Bomat Courier

3x Hanweir Garrison
4x Inventor's Apprentice
2x Thalia, Heretic Cathar
4x Thalia's Lieutenant
4x Thraben Inspector

Land (20)

2x Hanweir Battlements
4x Inspiring Vantage
2x Mountain
4x Needle Spires
8x Plains

Artifact (3)

3x Smuggler's Copter

Enchantment (9)

3x Always Watching
3x Giant Spectacle
3x Gryff's Boon

Sorcery (7)

4x Declaration in Stone
3x Incendiary Flow
>>
Thoughts on Duskwatch Recruiter in Temur Emerge? The flip side synergizes well with Elder Deep-Fiend (pass and flash in for 1 less), and in a pinch it trades with anything in white weenie. Losing Jace is bad but this might be a decent replacement.
>>
>>49568900
I spent $35 and "rode the wave" to 42 packs because of two masterpieces
>>
>>49572610
Dusk is good pretty much everywhere, but I'd only run him if I needed the creature-card draw. If the deck stalls out, run it.
>>
>>49568583

Huh, limited Affinity (for Artifacts) colossus. Nice sac outlet if you can generate some cheap artifact tokens.
>>
Just opened a box. Didn't get a single duplicate rare or mythic. Kind of pissed because that means brewing anything playable means I have to buy lots of singles.

Notable cards were:
Smuggler's Copter
Depala, Pilot Exemplar
Nissa, Vital Force
Rashmi, Eternities Crafter
Cataclysmic Gearhulk
Combustible Gearhulk
Skysovereign, Consul Flagship

Still really tempted to try that Module combo. Also interested in Marionette Master, Panharmonicon, and Eliminate the Competition.

Really liking this set. A lot of different ways to build it.
>>
>>49573877
>Kind of pissed because that means brewing anything playable means I have to buy lots of singles.
You should have bought singles in the first place. You could have easily gotten most if not all the cards you needed with the around 100 dollars you spent. Also boxes are set up in a way to avoid having duplicate rares and mythics in order to optimize drafting.
>>
File: 1472623922596.png (89KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1472623922596.png
89KB, 320x287px
going to play grixis thing memerange to stomp out all the aggro week 1 while real lists get finalized.
>>
>>49572138

Another Zombie player here. Drop relentless dead for scrapheap scourger. Relentless dead is SOMETIMES great while scrapheap scourger is way more relentless than the dead. Also why no mindbender? It gives you even more plays on their turn.
>>
>>49572411

Where's gossipomnger? Do you hate value?
>>
>>49574721
I've got two Mindbenders in my sideboard. I'm pretty fond of Relentless, really. Being able to trade it's death for whatever you have enough mana to revive works out pretty well for me. Even just trading one for itself is pretty useful to me.
>>
>>49574766

You can feed scrapheap scourger at any time to crpytbreaker/haunted dead, and that's a huge pro for me.
>>
>>49574077
>stomp out all the aggro

good luck. there's going to be a lot of 4x Voltaic Bruiser lists running around
>>
>>49569436
>Kalitas
>Chandra
>Nissa
>Sylvan Advocate
>Oath of Nissa
>Eldrazi Displacer
>Goblin Dark-Dwellers
>Grasp of Darkness
>Kozileks Return
>World Breaker
>Reality Smasher
>Thought Knot Seer
>Matter Reshaper
>Reflector Mage
>The three man-lands
Honorable Mentions
>Negate
>Eldrazi Mimic
>Kozilek, Great Distortion
>Sea Gate Wreckage
>>
>>49574791
I was thinking of using them more as an alternative or companion to Haunted Dead. They fill the same role for the most part, but getting around having to discard makes Scrapheap playable a lot more often than Haunted. Relentless is there to chump and revive another Relentless, or bring back bigger bodies like Diregraf later in the game.
>>
Trying to build something around Saheeli. Not sure there are enough good artifacts though.
>>
>>49575011
>Kozilel

U wot m8
>>
I'm thinking green white tokens might work still. With the worse- raise the alarm and the big techno angel backing up lil' Nissa and Gideon
>>
>>49575373
Not him, but I like new Kozi better than the OG. Way more flavorful card tbqh famalamadingdong.

Its still the worst neo-titan of them all though. The best being Ulamog.
>>
>>49575535
Make sure to use Indian grandma, the tokens she makes are the shit
>>
>>49576169
...who?
>>
>>49575000
volt brawler is an X/2, bro. i maindeck flaying tendrils. you do the math.
>>
>>49575535
3 angel of invention
3 nissa, voice of zendikar
3 Gideon, ally of zendikar
4 servo exhibition
3 Oviya Pashiri, sage lifecrafter
4 oath of nissa
3 oath of gideon
4 fortified village
4 Canopy Vista
8 forest
8 plains
4 stasis snare
4 cogworker's puzzleknot
2 cataclysmic gearhulk
3 animation module

Very basic draft of what it might look like. There are quite a lot of servo toys.
>>
File: dont.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
dont.png
129KB, 223x311px
dont talk to me or my wifes son ever again
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
134KB, 223x311px
I thought I might do a low mana cost Madness Vampires that has a lot to do with things that trigger when your creatures die and Macabre Waltz. Any suggestions?
>>
I don't fucking understand how Wizards can have a heavy tribal block like Innistrad and follow it up with a block that has absolutely ZERO support for those tribes.

I don't care much for tribal decks, but I think that is a fucking ridiculous situation. And artifact block should be flanked by two blocks that contain artifacts and tribal blocks flanked with blocks that contain those tribes.

Why the fuck did they introduce Aetherborn when they could be zombies or spirits. Would it have been so hard to have vampiric craftsmen. Fucking Dwarfs instead of throwing back to Kithkin.
>>
I'm currently at a loss on what to build because so much looks both fun and viable.

Think any cards will climb due to demand or will the sheer supply from people hunting for Masterpieces keep things in check?
>>
>>49576492
i have been wondering that as well. i have only been playing magic for about 2 years now but it seems like they release almost enough cards to make a good themed deck and then switch to something else everytime
>>
>>49576500
smuggler's copter already peaked
depala will spike hard if the hotwheels deck does anything
blue hulk will hit 15
green hulk will drop to 10
>>
>>49576748
Well they do it all the time. And every time they bring back a tribe the community sucks their dick about it completely ignoring all the other past times the tribes are useless.

Just you watch, the next set won't have energy counters. There goes another mechanic into the trash.

Eventually you become numb to every single gimmick in each block knowing nobody, the players or Wizards, are going to care if anybody remembers what happened last block.

I know you haven't been around a lot, but Kaladesh is basically Scars of Mirrodin with +1/+1 counters and no Infect. They even have a cycle of Limited-breaking, possibly Constructed-breaking Titans to remind us of that era.
>>
>>49576492
Speak for yourself, I finally got the dwarf lord I was waiting for since Balthor.
>>
>>49576872
Good for you, and if they had made them Kithkin a hundred times more people would be happy as their Kithkin lords would become minutely useful again.

I don't give a shit either way, but I would prioritize the happiness of a hundred (or a dozen) times more players over you and the few people who remember Dwarfs are in the game.

And I don't know why Wizards doesn't share my sentiment.
>>
>>49576865
huh, the other formats are starting to look better and better honestly
>>
>>49570735
I think this deck looks ridiculous and fun. I eagerly await any updates. I have no idea what to change since I'm unfamiliar with the set, but what do you have to protect against artifact removal which will be extremely plentiful this set (esp. with RG being the new agro meme deck)? Is it all Disappearing Act?

I feel like you should run a higher amount of counters/protection or recurrence; besides the one Timepiece, you have no way to recur anything important and if they pack more removal than you have answers to (which, once again, is very likely this standard), you kind of get screwed by the lack of other threats that aren't Surge-Crush or 'Walkers (whom you have few creatures to defend).

Maybe I'm all off because I haven't played anything but sealed and draft in the past year, but it seems to just be a bit vulnerable.
>>
File: Superasia.jpg (22KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Superasia.jpg
22KB, 600x450px
Working on a Combustible Gearhulk/Contingency Plan deck, I feel like I could cut down on the 1-2drop creatures for a few more instants/sorceries. Also have no idea what to sideboard in, honestly. Maybe more artifacts or some vehicles.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/erupting-burning-gearhulk/
>>
>>49576488
I been messing around with B/U Eldrazi with death triggers.

Check out Gavony Unhollowed, pretty nicely costed common that grows stronger with each death. Zoolaport Cutthroat is also a definite one.
>>
File: Can_we_fix_it.jpg (23KB, 391x366px) Image search: [Google]
Can_we_fix_it.jpg
23KB, 391x366px
Can we talk about how Aetherworks Marvel is broken and how Sky Sovergein is way too Strong?
>>
>>49577175
What are the blue cards? I was thinking either green for the cheaper card like Gavony Unhollowed and Noose Constrictor or red for Madness cards and utility for it.
>>
>>49576865
>Just you watch, the next set won't have energy counters.
Aether Revolt will probably still have them, since energy is aether
But the next BLOCK won't have them for sure
>>
>>49577449
Mostly budget, but it's cards that draw or create spawn.
>>
>>49577502
I want mine to be more about life insurance.
>Attack, shit of opponent's dies, I get creatures back or a decent payoff while they're left with fewer creatures or less life.
>>
>>49572291
>exiled from hand
>>
>>49577221
>Marvel is broken
Not really, though

I just don't see Aetherworks Marvel working in something that will utilize it very well. You want early game energy generation, but you also want late game cards that are valuable to get out with something as simple as a four drop. It doesn't have to be a creature, but you're not going to be getting use out of something with an X cost for sure. At the end of the day you'll always have something to play, but if you can't hit what you're looking for out of those six then you've ultimately wasted your turns. It begs the question of how much of that one card you want to play in order to make it worth it 99.9% of the time. There is the infinite combo with Whirler Virtuoso that comes to mind, but with so much energy at your disposal and so many times a turn you're going to be getting your Marvel off it feels really slow. You can defend it with all those thopters sure, but with Fumigate and other cheap creature removal spells in Standard that just gets hosed so easily. And to top it off, cheap artifact removal also exists in Standard, so something running white is going to be holding onto Fragmentize in the side board just for your bullshit.
>>
File: rug hulk.png (314KB, 1870x620px) Image search: [Google]
rug hulk.png
314KB, 1870x620px
>>49563404
this might have legs
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rug-evo-hulk/#

>draw 3 cards or chance 10+ face
>also emerge beatdown
>>
>>49576390
None of that artifact creature that gives all your artifacts +1/+1?
>>
>>49578114
I considered it but I'm not sure I want to bother with the mental maths of having a bunch of different tokens all being affected by different anthems
>>
>>49577737
What. It exiles from hand graveyard and library, and if it was in your hand you draw a card. Also you will have 4 Eternal Scourge to use now, so straight card advantage.
>>
>>49569436
You know the rules
>>
>>49578181
yes you do. master trinketeer puts in a lot of work. I would swap him in for the oaths
>>
I might try out Vampires or some other form of RB aggro. Or maybe I'll do R/W weapons trainer/artificers
>>
>>49579896
Of Gideon or Nissa?
>>
This is the LGS Kaladesh box. It has not been opened yet.

Which booster should I take?
>>
>>49580475
middle top
>>
>>49580475
bottom right corner next
>>
File: IMG-20160930-WA0010.jpg (165KB, 958x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160930-WA0010.jpg
165KB, 958x490px
>>49577758
>Aetherworks is slow
>turn 4 Ulamog or Emrakul is slow
Yeah, sure.
>>
File: draft winner.png (142KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
draft winner.png
142KB, 223x311px
Less about standard, but first played Kaladesh today at release draft since I had to skip prerelease. I ended up getting a green deck splashing white and red.

Pic related was the absolute winner for me. Early game boosting of creatures, reboosting creatures that are flickered, and a all your creatures get a +1/+1 counter when stalled.

For the rest, I drafted Green Energy. Managed to get the 6/6 beast guy from the "landfall energy" a few times, and splashed white/red as well with a seeming focus on +1/+1 counters. Other notable mentions go to Ninth Bridge Patrol, Fairgrounds Trumpeter and Armorcraft Judge
>>
playing bant spirits and gu crush
>>
>>49575198
Saheeli is an awful build around. However she is super helpful for crafting that dank infinite thopters combo
>>
File: stddeck.png (119KB, 1179x534px) Image search: [Google]
stddeck.png
119KB, 1179x534px
I need a bit of advice on my jank-ish BG Eldritch Evolution build.

Especially 1-ofs. EE lets you play a lot of singles for utility, but I just don't know what. Especially in the 4 and 6 slot. Noxious Gearhulk seems good, but I can't help but wonder if there's better options out there.
>>
>>49582398

List for bant spirits?
>>
Smuggler's Copter is too good. So good that it in frequent testing it was almost impossible for me to beat it on curve before it gained value unless I held very few spells in opening hand that are most likely regularly maindecked(Grasp of Darkness, Harness Lightning, Sinister Concoction, Just the Wind.) Reasonable for most B or R decks to be holding the first two, the last two are kind of uncommon to see if at all. Unless of course for some reason the meta shifts wildly and people are maindecking Natural State and Fragmentize ala Necropotence era with Disenchants.
>>
>>49583330
Bolt it.
>>
>>49583052

Your 2 drops should include Primal Druid. Value when sac and hits your 4 cmc stuff off the Evo. Distended Mindbender is a nonbo in the deck not something you really want to pod off. If anything you need to go into blue as well, this lets you play 1-2 copies of Bring to Light which can even be cast for converge of 5 with Aether Hubs and Servant of the Conduit and allows you to cast either your 5 drop or pod into an Eldritch Evo on converge of 3.

Wild Wanderer is also a good target to pod into from a primal druid letting you get two lands into play and allows you to potentially have 6 lands on turn 4.

Your best cmc 4 targets to pod into are: Thought-Knot Seer, Gonti Lord of Luxury, Seed Guardian, Bristling Hydra.

Your best cmc 5 targets to pod into are: Arborback Stomper, Experimental Aviator, Multiform Wanderer, Verdurous Gearhulk.

Your best cmc 6 targets to pod into are: Demon of Dark Schemes, Noxious Gearhulk, Ulvenwald Hydra, Endbringer.

You can optionally play 1 copy of Aethersquall Ancient as a good energy sink user and allows you to win the midrange battles. Alternatively keep a copy of Ulamog or two maybe since with Primal Druid and Wild Wanderer and Servant of the Conduit you can ramp fairly hard.
>>
>>49583474

I mentioned Harness Lightning already. The problem is that if you don't have it in your opening hand or next two draws you're already behind on cards and taking 3. Like I said, there's very few cards that can hit it before it even gains value unless people start maindecking artifact hate though a B/R deck has a decent chance of having both Grasp and Harness in the opening.
>>
>>49583530
> behind on cards
> smug copter
Vehicles are a "minus" the turn you play them, and copter just cycles
>>
I'm not very excited for this set.

It just feels like a bunch of contrived bullshit.
>>
>>49582398

How are you playing Crush with all the good ramp gone?
>>
5-0 in standard with white eldrazi today, 2-1 in draft with a bad UW fliers deck. Too bad the promo was flaying tendrills. How was /tg/'s first kaladesh fnm?
>>
>>49583721

Cycling a card is still them getting rid of their worst card for a potentially better card. That's still one extra card they're seeing that you're not seeing so yes you will be behind on card advantage. Most vehicles are a "minus" the turn you play and you would be correct for that but the exception is for Smuggler's Copter because of its extremely low curve and low crew requirements anything with 1 power can activate it.
>>
>>49583763
not that person but some dude did well in a magic-league with a list using contingency plan+pieces of the puzzle and splendid reclamation to ramp, so maybe that?
>>
File: Image.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
121KB, 223x311px
How prevalent do you think Fumigate will be?

Will being able to go under a t5 Fumigate be a legitimate concern for aggressive decks?
>>
>>49583888
> card advantage

:))))))))))))))))))

Good luck at Fnm friend.
>>
>>49584013

U/B Zombies honestly trounces the crap out of Fumigate.dec But otherwise yes a fairly legitimately concern for aggressive decks. So basically instead of going super wide you have to play 2-3 dudes only on the board that are super huge or can grow super huge.
>>
>>49568583
I drafted two of these tonight. Played them both in one game, played one for zero cost in another. Good times. Not sure if standard viable though.
>>
>>49583888
So besides pilgrims eye, what other 1 drops will ur deck have?
>>
>>49583888
>>49584849
1 power* creature I meant
>>
File: 1330484597450.png (46KB, 412x416px) Image search: [Google]
1330484597450.png
46KB, 412x416px
>the new standard season has started
>only 12 people showed up
>7 of them played U/R machinegun
>I tried to salvage my old ww build and I have splashed green
>played a full playset of blessed alliance
>3x heron's grace champion

I guess any normal midrange would have crubstomped me, but UR decks just couldn't keep up with my lifegain later on.
>>
>>49585259
>Playing standard on release day
>Not draft
what shitty LGS is this
>>
>>49585299

A LGS with more events than just one?
>>
>this with blisterpod, cryptolith rite, and two hedron archives

enjoy your super cheap 10/10 colossi on t4
>>
File: IMG_2497.jpg (36KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2497.jpg
36KB, 190x265px
>>49585577
forgot pic
>>
>>49585577
Why not just Ulamog and literally win the game
>>
>>49585606
why not both?
>>
>go to 2 prereleases and a draft
>Out of 15 packs open ZERO (0) bombs
>Best rares I have opened was build around shit ( guess what I didn't get/passed when I had them?)
>See people slam down rare and mythic bombs every game
>There is this one couple that opens a planeswalker literally every week

What god did I piss off and how do I fix my luck?
>>
Should I trade/sell the chandra I pulled now, or wait?
>>
>>49586315
Sell before the hype subsides and people realize she's just okay
>>
File: _.jpg (18KB, 324x352px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
18KB, 324x352px
I pulled 4 torrential gear hulk s in my booster box. What deck can I make with them
>>
Rate my Bant Pod brew

Mainboard---

3x Sylvan Advocate
3x Duskwatch Recruiter
2x Reflector Mage
3x Filigree Familiar
3x Matter Reshaper
1x Pilgrim's Eye
2x Eldrazi Displacer
2x Tireless Tracker
1x Rashmi, Eternities Crafter
1x Odric, Lunarch Marshal
1x Sigarda, Heron's Grace
1x Archangel Avacyn
1x Cataclysmic Gearhulk
1x Cloudblazer
1x Reality Smasher
1x Thalia's Lancers
1x Verdurous Gearhulk
1x Angel of Invention

4x Eldritch Evolution
2x Grapple with the Past

2x Lumbering Falls
2x Fortified Village
2x Prairie Stream
4x Botanical Sanctum
2x Evolving Wilds
4x Aether Hub
1x Wastes
4x Plains
1x Island
3x Forest

Sideboard---

2x Selfless Spirit
1x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
1x Arborback Stomper
2x Blessed Alliance
2x Negate
1x Nissa, Vital Force
1x Thalia, Heretic Cathar
1x Summary Dismissal
1x Lantern Scout
>>
>>49586635
Jeskai spells with dark dwellers and displacer
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cult-of-sigarda-gw-humansinvestigate/

This deck continues its life as my baby. So far it wins at FNM steadily, and always gives the opponent trouble even in bad matchups.

Not as interactive as it used to be, but hella fun.
>>
>>49584849

Lot of the cards that look to play Smugglers Copter can play out and swing with anything that has 1 power minimum from anywhere between the 1-3 cmc slot that will be able to just be dropped and then crewed to the copter.

Decks can have anything from Toolcraft Exemplar, Thraben Inspector, Servant of the Conduit, Inventor's Apprentice and these are just a small sample of 1-2 drops.
>>
>>49586315

Sell. If anything the best walker in the format is going to be Nissa Vital Force.
>>
File: IMAG0020.jpg (359KB, 1023x911px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0020.jpg
359KB, 1023x911px
>that feel when just buying a booster and opening this
>>
>>49588285

Sell it to get 4 regular Mox Opal's and whatever else you want leftover.
>>
>>49577487
Yeah, like how madness, and investigate also showed up in Eldritch Moon right? Left my clue deck high and dry when they didn't have anything in there.
>>
>>49588748

Not the same guy but he's talking about next block, not the next set. Madness did show up EMN but you're correct in that there was fuck all investigate mechanics and clues in EMN.
>>
File: greaves.jpg (31KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
greaves.jpg
31KB, 243x348px
>tfw I pulled pic related, two fast lands, Demon of Shady Schemes, Fumigate, RW dwarf commander, and old lesbian inventor in my very first Kaladesh fat pack
I don't think I've ever been so lucky in my life! What a great night.

Should I sell this bad boy now or wait and see if it becomes more valuable?
>>
>>49589315

Depends on how valuable Commander staples are in your area, if Commander stuff is in high demand in your area then hold. However I would honestly sell just because a regular Lightning Greaves is like maybe $5 and you can get a whole bunch of other cards for various formats.
>>
>>49588748
>>49589107
The thing is, the Energy counter mechanic is a great idea. Instead of printing bullshit different counters (like charge counters or whatever) on different cards they can just print cards that utilize Energy counters from here on out. Make it an evergreen mechanic. I realized this when they printed Tumble Magnet 2.0 in this set.

Except they're almost certainly not going to do print any Energy cards outside of the block. And that is fucking tragic. They could just add "Ally" to the Type line to a variety future different cards and that alone could make people happy. They used to just randomly print (irrelevant) Rebel cards in sets with no traditional Rebel enablers.

There is just so much free synergy they could be printing for no effort and they don't.
>>
>>49589315
Everything goes up in price, guaranteed.

You could sell it now, get something you want, and your "value" is all the fun you could have with those new cards.

Or you can sell it later for a higher price but miss out on all that fun you could have had with the money if you had sold it.

Or you can sell it now and put that money in a savings account and bank the value later.

Consider all those things. But for shit like that the hassle of getting rid of it is always a pain in the ass. I always trade away high-priced shit ASAP and convert it into something useful. I see no point having a trade binder that contains any more than 50 cards because they're doing nothing for you in terms of enabling games to be played.

I always tell myself there is always some moron who wants to bling their shit. I've learned it's true but they don't always live near you and the only reason why I thought that is because I see people on the Internet bragging about their all-foiled things on podcasts and forums and whatnot.
>>
File: 1399171901611.png (73KB, 186x220px) Image search: [Google]
1399171901611.png
73KB, 186x220px
>>49584087
>wiping your own board with Pariah to cockblock their lifegain
>feeding your board to Ormendahl and avoiding it
>just fucking reviving your board every other turn
>>
>>49588025

>Clear Shot in main
>Blessed Alliance in maybeboard
>no Duskwatch Recruiter to draw more gas

How does this deck fare against emrakul/temur emerge?
>>
>>49589365
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/151167064283/hi-mark-im-curious-about-rds-stance-on#notes
Energy more or less confirmed to be parasitic as fuck, not going to see it next block.
>>
File: sidebyside 2016 FNM edition.jpg (4MB, 3849x2048px) Image search: [Google]
sidebyside 2016 FNM edition.jpg
4MB, 3849x2048px
Alright famalams, now that all the FNM promos are known (HQ scans for some of them are still pending), it's time to rate them

>The best
>The worst
>The one that shouldn't have been there
>The card that isn't there but really deserves to be on the list
>>
File: kaladelves.png (358KB, 530x370px) Image search: [Google]
kaladelves.png
358KB, 530x370px
>Two cards of elves holding something with both hands, lifting it slightly up and to the left and looking at it
>>
>fucking around with combos
>neat otk list im working on
>notice some other synergies
>drop the combo in favor of one strong gameplan
>break standard

I cant induldge because im bringing it to an important event soon, but its two uncommons that let you goldfish while almost never losing.
>>
>>49590383
Interesting, I count 2 blue, 2 black, 3 red, 1 green, 1 colorless and two lands, but no white cards

Really makes u think
>>
>>49590498
Whirler Virtuoso + Decoction Module is pretty well-known, Anon.
>>
>>49590397
Who knows, maybe they commissioned two different artists for the same card.

Look at the 2CMC both-player-scry artifact dog in this set. There's a 1CMC can't-attack-alone dog in Origins by the same artist. You just know Wizards just had the artist finish two of the submitted sketches for the same concept and used the finished pieces for two different cards.

Think of all the money that is saved. Come up with one concept and have multiple artists submit their work. Or you have one artist make sketches and recycle a couple of them like with the artifact dogs whose names I'm not bothering to look up or remember.

Like, look at the Stoneforge Mystic promo, it's obviously something they picked out of their card vault from Battle for Zendikar. There was nothing Stone or Forge about it although it does look like a Mystic, but Mystic isn't exactly the operating word here.

The thing about artists is that they have no life experience, which would inject a lot into their art as they could add much variety to concepts, in this case crafting or building techniques.

You see the elf using some sort of gun-flame thing - I mean why the fuck would you do that unless you wanted something to look rustic; which is retarded; it should be a paint gun or a metal buffer. And the second elf is just using magic to mold nature everyone knows that's how elves roll, magic that shit. There reaches a point where everyone knows that's how it works in fiction and the illustrating the reality actually would be more interesting; they could have researched bonsai methods and shown the elves tying weights to the limbs to shape plants to their whim. Point is, I've seen amateur bonsai that looks better than the art in that card.

But that's all most artists or art directors have to work off of because they've probably never made something or watch someone actually make something. The director's directions are boring and the artist has a limited well of understanding to create art.
>>
>>49590624
As far as Stoneforge Mystic goes, it's worth noting that it was commissioned specifically to be a promo. There's an interview with the artist.

http://www.gatheringmagic.com/mikelinnemann-120915-stoneforge-mystic-an-art-interview/
>>
>>49590628
>In regard to art description for this piece, do you recall what it asked for?

>I don't remember it in detail, but it asked for a female kor standing over a dead Eldrazi and holding a stone-forged weapon, with the focus being on the relationship between her and the weapon she forged herself. It took me a while to realize that the name actually said...well...Stoneforge Mystic.

Well okay. That's just shit art direction. Shitty art direction that is significantly worse than the original, where it literally has art of a Kor in a mystical pose forging things out of a stone. And yes, I did read that Voss didn't want to reference the original.

See, this is where I wonder whether I'm just a whiny bitch or if I just have a better imagination than these people (probably both). But here's how I would do it.

I would have an Eldrazi spawn chopped nearly in half with a glowing sword embedded in it and slightly cut into the stone floor (thus showing how powerful the sword is) with the Kor either gripping the sword of leaning on it showing signs of exhaustion. And the setting itself is an outdoor forge and the sword fresh out of it.

Like look at this thing, the Eldrazi does not look dead and it doesn't look like the weapon was even used on it. Nor does it convey that this character made this weapon herself.

Fuck it. Just commission art of Stoneforge standing atop a Batterskull in Dio's pose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3m_fAW48_w
>>
Do you guys think a standard Verdi n of the rock will work these days? Any good ideas for it
>>
>>49590965

Version*

Autocorrect
>>
2 x Spawning Bed
3 x Evolving Wilds
1 x Port Town
4 x Plains
3 x Island
1 x Mountain
4 x Spirebluff Canal
4 x Inspiring Vantage
4 x Aether Hub
4 x Thraben Inspector
2 x Glint-Nest Crane
4 x Whirler Virtuoso
4 x Reflector Mage
2 x Eldrazi Displacer
2 x Cloudblazer
2 x Drowner of Hope
4 x Decoction Module
2 x Saheeli Rai
4 x Panharmonicon
2 x Aetherworks Marvel
2 x Skysovereign, Consul Flagship

CFB put this brew up, anyone think it actually has legs?
>>
>>49591178
It felt pretty good when I tried it
I'm going to build a budget version next week and progressively work toward this one
>>
>>49591271
I'm wondering if there aren't too many 2 ofs that should really be 4 ofs. I'm never a fan of running less than 3 copies of something, unless you have tutors.
>>
>>49591299
All the core cards are 4 ofs already
The 2-ofs are just there to fill the deck
>>
Torrential Gearhulk + Saheeli's Artistry work together right? It seems like pretty good value.
>>
>>49591435
it works with clues XD
>>
>>49590628
I didnt even know there was an eldrazi on the card
>>
>>49591435
Instants only
>>
>>49590397
And with the same hairstyle and facial structure
>>
>>49591488
Ah, true. Still not bad if you have enough instants in the yard for the triggers to have use.
>>
File: SaheeliRai_MTG_KLD_Willmurai_910.jpg (572KB, 910x1262px) Image search: [Google]
SaheeliRai_MTG_KLD_Willmurai_910.jpg
572KB, 910x1262px
>>49591178
I wonder if the white is necessary or if it can be made to work purely R/U.
>>
>he brought a new deck
>it's a GW token deck
>new

Good job SCG
>>
>>49589350
>>49589401
Alright if I do sell it should I put the money towards a Kaladesh booster box or Avacyn for my Captain Sisay EDH deck?
>>
File: tumblr_od3l81AWco1qia2dho1_1280.jpg (107KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od3l81AWco1qia2dho1_1280.jpg
107KB, 700x500px
>>49591988
Did it have the Gmilf?
>>
>>49591705
Reflector Mage and Thraben Inspector are pretty great
Same for Cloudblazer
They allow for maximum use of Panharmonicon
>>
>>49592127
Exhibition Wardens, copters, gearhulk, advocates

Wasn't actually a token deck
>>
>draft kaladesh
>end up drafting a shitty blue deck with too much energy and barely any ways to spend it
>doesn't matter because i got a chromatic lantern
:)
>>
Can you crew a vehicle with Verdurous Gearhulk to distribute its counters onto it?
>>
File: proof.jpg (256KB, 1440x1935px) Image search: [Google]
proof.jpg
256KB, 1440x1935px
>>49563404
Desu, the set is terrible, and Standard will suck.
>>
>>49592391
You can distribute counters before it is even crewed. It has the stats on it, but can't do anything with them unless it's a creature.
>>
>>49592467
Gearhulk specifies "target creatures" so my concern was if I had to choose targets before the ability went on the stack. If this is the case then there would be no window for the Gearhulk to crew the vehicle in order to make it a creature you can put counters on
>>
>>49592467
You can't a vehicle isn't a creature until its crewed.

>>49592391
Yeah you can, when VG comes onto the battlefield just tap a creature and crew it before his enter the battlefield triggers.
>>
>>49592494
My original question was if I could tap the Gearhulk itself to crew the vehicle to benefit from its own trigger
>>
>>49592493
You're right, there is no window for Gearhulk to crew that vehicle, something else must
>>
>>49592509
Yeah you can.
>>
>>49592511
You can't. Gearhulk's ability is put on stack as a state-based action when he enters the battlefield, and targets for its ability must be chosen the moment it's put on the stack
>>
>Now some smug faggot is playing his UR spells meme deck on stream
>This same faggot wrote one of the worst modern articles I have ever read
Is there anything he does right?
>>
>>49592604
>UR spells
>meme

Nigga I will fight u
>>
File: en_XpGsq6rGPn.png (194KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_XpGsq6rGPn.png
194KB, 265x370px
>5$
I'm the only one thinking this dude will be 30$ in three month?
>>
>>49592613
Spells decks are meme decks
>Look at me, I don't have to use creatures to win
>I'm so special
>Much better than you OTHER players who use creatures!
>God I'm so lonely
>>
>>49592627
It's okay Timmy I know you're broken up over the loss of Collected Company but there's Verdurous Gearhulk to make your Creatures: The Tappening experience more resonant and enjoyable
>>
>>49592653
Case in point
>>
>>49592617
Does it destroy lands too?
>>
>>49592728
It specifies nonland
>>
>>49592666
Not that anon, but I don't understand your problem with UR spells

It's a deck that's really interesting to play, has many different approaches you can take (Titis instead of stormchasers? Grixis splash?) and is interactable with at many points.

It's not your typical control deck and it's not a straight up face burn one either. In any case, it's going to be very easy to exploit the fact that Structural Distortion is the best red has in way of artifact removal in the current standard and fuck it up with some jank artifact combo. Heck, if you're playing black, siding in Call the Bloodline neuters UR spells hard.

>>49592728
>modern era of Magic design
>destroying lands

Lel
>>
>>49592742
I thought that was the selection, but the sacrifice implied everything.
>>
>>49592758
>It's not straight up burn
That's exactly wrong, UR spells is just that, a burn deck. Fevered visions kills your opponent and gases you up, thermo-alchemist is just more damage and aggressive creatures like stormchaser solidify that classification. Pretending it takes more skill to turn your dudes sideways just because you don't do it in the attack step doesn't make you not a faggot
>>
Are the Kaladesh inventions restricted, or can i run 4 mana vault?
>>
>>49592810
If you somehow manage to open 4 mana vaults in your limited pool then you're allowed to run all 4 of them.

If for some reason you still think you can play them in standard after repeated clarifications that cards in this series and collections like this are not standard legal then I don't know what to tell you
>>
>>49592832
They're not standard legal?
Then why implementing them if that lowers the rare drops?
>>
File: 1464565032580.jpg (278KB, 1024x664px) Image search: [Google]
1464565032580.jpg
278KB, 1024x664px
>>49592666
>wants no archetypal diversity, all decks should be about turning creatures sideways

WHY?
H
Y
?
>>
>>49592933
The Thermo-Alchemist deck is about turning creatures sideways, did you not read my post?
>le SJW boogeyman image
Oh I see, you're just retarded, my mistake
>>
File: 1472511720914.jpg (95KB, 643x555px) Image search: [Google]
1472511720914.jpg
95KB, 643x555px
>>49592959
The deck is mostly about playing spells, which is obviously problematic in nu-Magic.
>>
>>49593008
Yeah you UR players are such outlaws, you're definitely not playing the game the way Wizards is intending you to play it by playing a spells deck in the format where the meticulously engineer the environments to enable certain strategies. Yep, you guys are definitely mavericks, no one could have seen this coming at all, keep tapping your islands
>>
>>49592617
wasn't there a sorcery which did basically the dsame thing for the same price in origins? (i think ti was thmed after kytheon throwing the spar at the black god and killing his friends) i think it saw some play so this must have some potential too.
>>
>>49590087
>against emrakul
Poorly if they can stall that far.
>temur emerge
Exactly nobody is playing it in my meta.

And Clear Shot has started to really pull its weight as the deck has become more and more aggressive, plus the deck needs more than just Declaration as removal.
>>
>>49593045
With the sorcery, you choose both for yourself and for your opponent

The gearhulk gets your opponent to choose his own permanents
>>
4C Reservois Storm on stream
>>
>>49593032
>having this terrible reading comprehension

I never said that the deck is viable or good; in fact, it's pretty terrible. It's designed to be that way. I'm saying that Wizards seem to be fine with spells, red and blue cards having some fringe play-ability, but not something that Timmy will have to face a lot.
>>
>>49593104
RESERVOIR IS ON THE FIELD

REPEAT, RESERVOIR IS ON THE FIELD
>>
>>49593104
>No one taught Caleb Scherer how to smile so his SCG portrait is fucking terrifying
>Now it's revealed that he actually has a planeswalker tattoo on what passes for his arm
>Is so autistic he has to try to force the storm deck if there's even a hint that it could work
Feel bad for him to be honest
>>
>>49593154
He looks like a cancer patient and / or an ex-con
>>
Playtesting with the white gearhulk very little has made me realize it's utter shit.

Not to mention, what the fuck happened to standard?
All the burn cards have been changed to creature only, so the only way to deal with planeswalkers ( all of who have at least 4 loyalty, so they dodge the scarce removal that DOES hit planeswalkers ) is turning creatures sideways. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>49593186
Casuals.
>>
Watching this occur was almost orgasmic
>>
>>49593154
I'm sorry, what was that?
>>
>>49593280
Even a broken clock is right twice a day
>>
File: Aetherflux Reservoir.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Aetherflux Reservoir.png
129KB, 223x311px
>www twich tv/scglive
>Caleb Scherer winning g1 with Standard Eggs/Storm

GET IN HERE
>>
>Lost Legacy

Lel
>>
>>49593325
HAHAHAHAHAHA
What a shit deck
>>
>>49593401
>>49593492

Did you just 180? lol
>>
Sure is nice to play a deck that gets completely castrated by what is probably going to be an autoinclude sb card
>>
File: 1475021944926.png (7KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
1475021944926.png
7KB, 223x226px
>>49583882
drafted skysovereign, noxious gearhulk, and metallurgic summonings with tons of counterspells and removal.

Went 3-1 and my opponents were salty af
>>
>>49593280
I'm sorry, what was that?
>>
>>49583882
4-0 Modern with Jund, feels good
>>
>>49593325
too bad he lost, at least his deck is original
>>
>Only one actual woman in the top 200 players
The state of SJWizards
>>
File: 20161001_133301_resized.jpg (1MB, 3096x1741px) Image search: [Google]
20161001_133301_resized.jpg
1MB, 3096x1741px
took this deck to fnm and didnt drop a game

love how every nonland card in the deck other than live fast is removal
>>
>Try standard again after not playing since BFZ
>Planeswalkers everywhere
>Planeswalkers kill shit, card advantage, anything
>Cost about as much as an enchantment to do far more than any enchantment does
>Becoming less and less interactive because Wizards thinks burn to the face is too OP so the only way to deal with them is to turn creatures sideways
>Creatures, that all the playable planeswalkers will hose or have a way to avoid damage from

Whelp fuck standard once again, back to draft and sealed for me. Funnily enough it doesn't even solve the problems of planeswalkers either just makes them less common. I need a new hobby.
>>
>>49593746
>women aren't good at mathematics
>women aren't good at computers
>women aren't good at MtG
Coincidence?
>>
>>49593550
Get that symbol of hate off my Internet
>>
>sideboard
>3 galvanic bombardment

I don't understand

Bombardment is a card you either play 4 of or 0 of
>>
>>49593834
If your opponent has a lot of x/2's then bombardment is good and every copy only makes it better

Against midrange: the tappening yeah you're right though.
>>
>>49593833
It's only used by nazis you know.
>>
File: kek.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>Chris Andersen showing that childish attitude once again
>>
>>49593089
>And Clear Shot has started to really pull its weight as the deck has become more and more aggressive, plus the deck needs more than just Declaration as removal.

That's why I mentioned Blessed Alliance. It's way more versatile removal (as it has other modes than a bad green 3 mana removal spell) than clear shot.
>>
Whether or not these decks are going to be good it's fun to see people playing janky shit like the lifegain storm combo on stream
>>
>gw aggro is looking to be top tier
>again
Kill me phamb. I don't know how much more GW I can take.
>>
>>49594485
Standard is for new players and new players love GW
>>
>>49594485
spirits was well represented at the first scg open of EMN and now look where it is. first week isn't too representative generally
>>
>>49594020
Blessed Alliance is excellent, though I was running it in a meta where Chandra Flamecaller was everywhere, so it really couldn't hit much effectively. I certainly wouldn't mind it taking the place of something like Clear Shot, but it really doesn't help me against a clogged boardstate, which is the only thing that can actually stop the deck (especially if they drop Emrakul). Clear Shot is commonly a 2-for-1, especially if paired with something like Thalia.

I used to run Duskwatch, too, but I found myself rarely using its ability on the human side and having it never flip otherwise.

>>49594505
GW is cancer.
>>
>>49594592
>empty graveyard
>mindwrack demon
>delirium achieved

Living on the fucking edge
>>
>>49594624
the only way to play a curve-out deck in style
>>
>>49592017

Don't bother with Kaladesh boxes. Focus more on getting the cards you want for your pet decks.
>>
>>49594592

I would much more likely play stasis snare over clear shot if Blessed Alliance is not an option (stops all the eldrazi titans, and now it can stop the cunt copter/skysovereign). Especially if your meta is heavy on red.
>>
>>49594868
Won't survive rotation, which is a small downside, but yeah, you're right.
>>
>casters roasting a kid for shitty handwriting and being too retarded to fill out a decklist
>>
>Watching SCG
>"""Emma""" Handy about to make """her""" obligatory diversity appearance
You could actually bet money on this.
>>
>tranny vs 12 year old
This is what MTG has become
>>
I moved across country about a year ago. I use to play casual magic with my buddies before i had to move for a job. I really want to play magic again but don't have any friends to play casually with. Would it cost a lot of money to get an okay deck together to play fnm?
>>
>>49595366
I trust it will go away in time. New standards with undefined meta decks are probably the only ones they can compete in.
>>
>>49595699
"Emma" Handy doesn't need to compete to get on camera. "She" literally has never made top 8 at an SCG event, yet constantly gets mentioned by the casters and is on cam at every event "she" attends.
>>
>>49595740
Well if that's the case then won't "she" get weeded out fairly early on?
>>
>>49595982
Yes, which happens at every event. Then next weekend "she" is back on camera.
>>
>>49595404

Up to 400$ for tier 1 deck
>>
>>49595404
20$
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbj2_RxzcgU
>>
>>49596006
Despite claiming to be a girl, "she" is still one of the boys and gets preferential treatment as such
>>
File: Jacetice League.jpg (588KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Jacetice League.jpg
588KB, 1200x675px
>ywn get a Jacetice League animu
I'm reading the Kaladesh story and holy shit it reads like a SOL/battle shounen. Has some funny moments though despite subpar writing.
>>
>>49596187
This deck seems fun but I don't wanna play mono-green stompy in two different formats.
>>
>>49596443
Ob Nixilis trashing the Jacetice League in BFZ was the high point of MTG writing for me, it was extemely enjoyable to see the main characters get wrecked and Ob Nixilis is the best villain in the whole MTG universe right now.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/retaliation-ob-nixilis-2015-12-30

Innistrad and Kaladesh has been underwhelming in terms of story, I was exciting to see Tezzeret return, but he still acts like a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain
>>
File: what.png (205KB, 446x311px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
205KB, 446x311px
???
>>
>>49597271
>Drowning Gideon in a puddle of water

I hope the next time Gideon and Nixilis meet he brings a bucket of water just to get inside Gideon's head
>>
>>49597399

Surprise, a rare is more powerful than a common.
>>
>>49596443
I don't mind the writing so far but it's disappointing that already the 2 set blocks are breaking down into set 1:

>Damn plane, you scary. get the gatewatch

set 2:

>AWW SHIT NIGGA the entire Gatewatch is here! Hope you like 5 card cycles and loved the last 30 minutes of the Avengers!
>>
File: 1474042736975.png (109KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
1474042736975.png
109KB, 200x279px
>>49597271
Tell me this doesn't play out like a generic SOL

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/homesick-2016-08-29

>"I hate it when you do that," Jace said, low and colder than she thought she'd earned. "When you walk in and take over. Like you own everything and everyone. Then expect me to thank you." He turned his shoulder to her and brushed past.

>Her words came out by reflex, unbidden; pain for pain. She breathed into the collapsing space between them, "I remember when you enjoyed that."
Liliana is a whore and Jace is a beta cuck

>The canvas of Gids's punchybag bursts into flames.

>"Oh crap!"

>There's gotta be—he's gotta have water in here. He's like the king of eight glasses a day. I scan the room. Weights. Wrestle-y floor-pillow dealies. Big ball I'm not supposed to throw at Jace again. More weights. Rack of weird stuff he never explained. More different weights. There!

>I slide across the table and grab for the bucket below the window. It smells funny. Maybe he soaks his head in it, I don't know. Just need the water.
Actually chuckled at this.
>>
>>49597464
My complaint with Kaladesh is that they couldn't even keep Jace out for ONE FUCKING SET.

Even when the lead-in story is "Shit guys, I actually do have a job to do on Ravinca, have fun without me" what a fucking surprise he shows up just in the nick of time.

I refuse to believe that new players find the Gatewatch compelling. Note that I say compelling - I can see why new players identify with them based on learning the colour wheel, etc but surely absolutely everyone finds the characters dull, bland and played out...
>>
>>49597482

It would probably be better to find an example that isn't from a guy who has only written one story so far.
>>
>>49597407
>Ob Nixilis of the Bucket
>+1 Destroy target Gideon Planeswalker
>>
What do you guys think about cataclysmic gearhulk i got a promo one in my prerelease
>>
>>49597521
Funnily enough I really like Jace but do agree that dragging him everywhere ruins his character. One of his defining character influences is that he's the only planeswalker with a job and commitments and they're not even ones he really likes but damnit he's going to do them.

They should really be breaking the group down into smaller partnerships rather than having every single fight be all of them at once, the same way we get the Avengers but still have solo films.
>>
>>49597482

Why the fuck do they keep reprinting Diabolic Tutor? It's never been used anywhere, ever, and never will because a tutor must be cheaper than the thing you're tutoring for. That's the rule. Yeah, I get it, Demonic is a bit too good, but fuck, just print a 1BB tutor and it's fine. Don't print this fucking shit.

Also stop printing Mind Rot for fuck's sake, it's not even good enough for Sealed.
>>
File: 1461349712032.jpg (118KB, 1242x1231px) Image search: [Google]
1461349712032.jpg
118KB, 1242x1231px
I'm thinking of sneaking a full playset of tron lands into my next kaladesh draft. What's the best cards to first pick?
>>
>>49597642
Just sneak in the whole tron deck
>>
>>49597432
But then why have a mana system at all?
If mana isn't a restriction on powerlevel and there are strictly superior card printed even within the same set then mana has no purpose at all because mana exists only to control powerlevel and restrict what power level of cards you can play.
>>
>>49597625
Ironically it looks like they were going to do just that (Kaladesh would have actually been interesting with "ladies night out" theme with Nissa / Liliana being the angel / devil on Chandra's shoulders) but instead we get everyone teaming up yet again and oh by the way suddenly Ajani for some reason.
>>
Inspired by pulling a foil Combustible Gearhulk and a Refurbish in the same pack

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/boros-refurbishers/
>>
File: MarkRosewater_AuthorPortrait.jpg (68KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
MarkRosewater_AuthorPortrait.jpg
68KB, 768x432px
>>49597399
>We don't use rarity as a measure of power! Rarity is mainly decided by complexity. We have to keep new players in mind, you know. New players would be confused and frightened if they saw good cards instead of chaff. That's why all the good cards are rare or mythic. Complexity.
>>
>>49597627
Diabolic Tutor does its job. It is half-decent as a one-of in certain decks, but it is really meant as a learning tool to help people learn about "the cost of a card" and concepts like having a mana curve, etc.

What makes me sadder is that burn is generally a tool that makes people learn that their life is a resource and you can't sit around and do nothing all day behind a wall of creatures because you are going to get melted into oblivion...except not anymore because burn "isn't fun" and "isn't interactive".

Same thing with (cheap) land destruction. I would love to see Stone Rain again, even. It is a learning tool - you can't have your deck do nothing for the first 5 or 6 turns because you may never get there with the resources you need.

I stopped playing casually in the middle of "Black Winter" way back when Necropotence was king and Kjeldoran Outpost was a viable win condition. If I bucked up and was able to "deal with it" back then and I'm still having fun nearly 20 years later then I don't see why new players can't.
>>
>>49597399

Okay real talk though, why the fuck are the P/T of those two not reversed? Even if the Smuggler's Looter was 2/3 and the other 3/3 the copter would still be the better card of the two. Now it's just Gray Ogre vs. Granite Gargoyle level overkill.
>>
>>49597663
Difference in power for the same mana cost there is for limited, not constructed
>>
>>49597768
>Diabolic Tutor does its job. It is half-decent as a one-of in certain decks, but it is really meant as a learning tool to help people learn about "the cost of a card" and concepts like having a mana curve, etc.

Oh, FUCK OFF will you? This fucking bullshit line again. No. Fuck you. Bad cards DO NOT need to exist in the fucking game. Stop giving me those shitty marketing excuses already, they were bullshit when Maro started spouting them in the 90's and they're still bullshit now.
>>
>>49597790
I was going to disagree but then I realizes sylvan advocate and grim flayer exists.
>>
>>49597790
>Difference in power for the same mana cost there is for limited, not constructed

No. It's a scam to make people buy more packs because all the good cards are rare or mythic (soon: Masterpiece Rare). It has no other purpose. The best form of limited in the world is Cube Draft and the normal Cube has only powerful cards in it. The whole idea that power level needs to be low for limited is a complete marketing lie.
>>
>>49597658
Perfect, they'll never see it coming.
>>
Can we talk about how SHIT this set is?

>muh flavor
Just stop.

>energy
Dumb gimmick, 0 push

>vehicles
Dumb gimmick, only fucking 1 half decent card

>WE HAVE ONE MORE SET OF THIS SHIT
KILL ME
>>
>>49597944
And 20 more Kaladesh inventions, right?
The Black Lotus will be reprinted?
>>
>>49597944
Energy is rad but the problem is that it won't transition into an evergreen mechanic because the flavor to the set to keep kaladesh unique.

A secondary resource that isn't mana is healthy for potential card design.
>>
>>49598037
>The Black Lotus will be reprinted?

Literally never going to happen.
>>
>>49598150
>Energy is rad but the problem is that it won't transition into an evergreen mechanic

How is that a problem?
>>
>>49597944

>tfw someone else can see the truth.

We have 3 acceptable gimmick vehicles, tho.
>>
>>49598150
Energy is stupid as duck. Crew can be an evergreen mechanic, it's super similar to equip
>>
>>49598368
>>49597944
>>49598150

>Maro is proud of something
>His mysterious "Mechanic E" turns to be one of the biggest parasites, splice_to_acane 2.0
>actually good mechanics that work outside of its block or context like dredge or storm are "cancer incarnated" to Maro
>People who actually care about the story shit on jacetice league, Maro reaction - "don't be disrespectful to the story, you don't care but others do!"

I really wish he disappeared and never come back.
>>
>>49597944
But anon Maro said this is the AWESOME set!!! :^)
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (149KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
149KB, 223x311px
>open pic related in a box I split with a friend

So.. am I done buying boxes for the foreseeable future?
>>
>>49592915
To give players a reason to open packs
>>
>>49598548
Sell it and buy a case. I saw my friend open a green and a black gearhulk in a 2 day span.
>>
i have wierd tempo teck that in theory cast one of the Eldrazi turn 4 using marvel.
>>
>>49592915
> thinking this will ever happen
>>
>>49597944
Agreed, a fresh limited set was fun for a day, but I already hate my Gearhulk and all my stupid, useless energy minions
>>
>>49598686
It's only 6 energy. "In theory" my fucking ass.
Wizards fucked up, they knew energy sucked so they decided to make one obviously bullshit card.

Whats worse is that when you build it right even if you whiff on a big creature you just get a creature that generates energy on ETB and try again
>>
>>49597806
>playing 1 tutor in a control deck is actually functional and can serve as "extra copies" of key cards
>playing 4 tutors makes you realize that you wish you were just playing other cards

Looks like it is doing its job just fine to me. Not to mention that this is an uncommon card, not a "build a deck around me for standard" mythic.
>>
>>49593756
post manabase
>>
>>49597725
>play 2x of this in temurge
>opponent doesnt want me getting card advantage as I have an empty hand
>mill 3
>wretched gryff, elder deep-fiend, and crush of tentacles
>21 straight to the face
>win
>>
>>49599187
4x aether hub
4x smoldering marsh
4x foreboding ruins
7x swamp
5x mountain
>>
File: Chandra, Torch of Defiance.png (140KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Chandra, Torch of Defiance.png
140KB, 223x311px
>>49600661
>>49600661

New thread
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.