[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - Have Balkans, Will Genocide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 62

File: Remove Knifeears.png (630KB, 1041x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Remove Knifeears.png
630KB, 1041x1066px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Balkanet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>49505980
>Squatting_Squats.trid
>Kebab_Identifier.sim
>Time_To_Refight_Battle_Of_Kosovo.pdf
>Shape_[Tracksuit].fmla

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 3345 (1% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Why do we not have any cool metatypes, Vlatko?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running DestroyingSerbs.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Why have the Balkans never really been brought up? It seems like the Awakening and the resulting chaos would have been the perfect opportunity for the Slavs to purge every other, slightly different Slav, giving us a nice unrestricted war. I want a war in the mountains and the forests, dammit.
>>
Hey chummers, how's the best way to play a mage? My group is fairly new and I wanted to make sure I was doing it right.
>>
>>49534423
>Hey chummers, how's the best way to play a mage?
Take important utility powers like Improved Invisibility and Heal, for example.

Invest heavily in Assensing, because it's stupid-good and you're the only guy in the group who has it.

Have at least one direct damage combat spell, because you're also the only guy who can reliably fight against spirits.

During your down time, summon and bind powerful spirits, so that when shit hits the fan you can make a wish and have one or more spirits do their best to fulfill it.

Look into acquiring Foci. A decently-high Force Health Sustaining Focus, for example, is a truly beautiful thing as far as sustaining both Improved Reflexes and Heal is concerned.

The three stats you need to have at maximum or one-less-than-maximum are Willpower, Intuition, and whatever your Drain stat is (Logic for Hermetics, Charisma for Shamans, and other stats for other traditions). Everything else is technically optional, but I've never seen anyone regret buying things like Body, Agility, and some kind of firearms skill for shooting at people.

Your attack spells won't be as powerful as bullets. Being good at shooting will usually be a better idea than being good at attack spells, barring enemies specifically vulnerable to your magic or unusually immune to your bullets.
>>
>>49534423
Max magic and your drainstat, get willpower to 5. Decent body and reactions/intuition are also good, but those are a later priority unless you're an intuition tradition. I recommend an intuition tradition unless you want to be a face, makes getting initiative easier.

Get assensing, improve reflexes, heal, trid phantasm, stunball, a Force 4 Sustaining (Health) focus. Get other spells too, plenty of other useful ones like levitate.

Put at least one point in the Athletics group, the Pistols skill as a backup, and get loads of assensing. You also want good arcana since you need it to initiate.
>>
>>49534423
Find a cool tradition, match it with a cool mentor spirit.

Then figure out why your mage is associated with both and your on your way to a cool guy.
>>
>>49534423
You're not the combat guy. Try to stay out of it if reasonably possible. Some of your spells like Trid Phantasm and Improved Invisibility are great for keeping yourself and the group out of trouble. Use them for that. When in combat, find somewhere to hide and summon a spirit to fight if you have no better way to contribute, which is probably whenever nobody needs a heal.

If you have resources to spare, pick up a good medkit and be okayish at using it, you should use a medkit before you cast heal if at all possible.
>>
>>49534423
Go with a Logic tradition if you want to be good at Logic/First Aid and be very knowledgeable about academic subjects.

Go with a Charisma tradition if you want to be able to bind lots of spirits and serve the party as a Face.

Go with an Intuition tradition if you want to be amazing at assensing and make a good, functional battle mage.
>>
>>49534698
>Logic/First Aid
Or Medicine/First Aid, rather.
>>
Has anyone tried any of the run and gun alternate rules for combat?
>>
>>49534755
>Has anyone tried any of the run and gun alternate rules for combat?
Nope.
>>
>>49534529
>Invest heavily in Assensing, because it's stupid-good and you're the only guy in the group who has it.
I always take astral perception for my adepts.
>>
>>49534560
>pistols
No, fuck pistols. Choose automatics, especially if it's your only firearms skill.
>>
>>49534843
Disagreed. They may be better in a stand-up fight, but being able to pack a savalette guardian in a concealed holster is a lot better as a holdout weapon than some shitty machine pistol or trying to hide an SMG.
>>
>>49534858
Easy breakdown and stock removal help you conceal automatics.

Then you can just substitute if you're forced to use a shitty pistol.
>>
File: Savalette_Guardian.png (157KB, 453x291px) Image search: [Google]
Savalette_Guardian.png
157KB, 453x291px
>>49534945
>>
>>49534979
Yes, you can carry that shitty peashooter in case you absolutely have to use it.
>>
File: Google Guns.jpg (923KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Google Guns.jpg
923KB, 1920x1080px
>>49534945
>Easy Breakdown

Yeah, because when you need to bring a concealed gun into a place on your person, you want one that takes 3 Complex Actions to make ready to fire.
>>
>>49534996
I'd much rather be packing it as my concealed carry than a Ceska Black Scorpion or whatever the fuck. Automatics doesn't start seriously edging it out until the Smartgun X, and that's too big to fit in a Concealed Holster at that point.

It has burst fire, stopping power, and concealment all in one fantastic package.
>>
>>49534529
>>49534560
>>49534564
>>49534627
>>49534698
Thanks guys! Are there any cool spell combos or unusual/creative ways to use magic?
>>
File: fingerprint_card_thp.jpg (93KB, 834x514px) Image search: [Google]
fingerprint_card_thp.jpg
93KB, 834x514px
I'm giving my players a dossier on their next target who escaped from a border patrol holding cell just outside the everglades. What do you guys think? Also what else would go into a dossier?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xQa3FGs71N1mR3wZePd4RZR8F760r4n8Tkkngr63qkY/edit?usp=sharing

Also would fingerprints even be used anymore, or have other biometrics taken precedence?
>>
>>49535045
>Are there any cool spell combos or unusual/creative ways to use magic?
Yes. Basically literally endless ones. Doubly so if you combine it with mundane skills. Do you have anything more specific in mind?
>>
File: Tragic Accident.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tragic Accident.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>49535045
Physical Barrier + car chase = fun times
>>
>>49535045
Influence and Alter Memory if you are a face mage are the two greatest tools you could ever have.
>>
>>49535045
If you are asking us it wont be that creative omae, after all its someone elses.

Pick a tradition YOU want. Branch out when you find something you really like.
>>
File: 1474250846303.jpg (486KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474250846303.jpg
486KB, 1920x1080px
>>49535051
>Also would fingerprints even be used anymore, or have other biometrics taken precedence?

Fingerprints are still useful, as part of a complete package of biometrics. Anything they can use to identify you, they will collect.
>>
>>49535045
Fashion bondage.
>>
>>49535008

Yes. You get to position, assemble and then go do the deed.
>>
>>49535063
>Alter Memory
Is that even a spell in 5e?
>>
>>49535219
Shadow spells 20
>>
>>49535250
Cheers, thanks.
>>
>>49535261
Don't mention it, you're welcome.
>>
>>49535056
There's so many spells I'm not really sure what to do. I know there's a spell that lets you make a blade, and I just thought it'd be cool to play as a spellsword but I wouldn't know how to make that viable. Based on all the advice I got, sounds like I need an intuition tradition, the increased reflexes spell, a Health foci, and probably some kind of movement enhancement spell.
>>
>>49535270
>movement enhancement spell
I have some bad news, chummer.
>>
>>49535270
Pick spells tailored towards your subrole.

A lot of the spells are useful in some way, at least if you're imaginative enough, so you don't have to be afraid of trap options. Some are subpar, but it will be obvious if you read the description.
>>
>>49535282
>I have some bad news, chummer.
I was kind of afraid of that. So an invisibility or some kind of illusion spell then. Alright, thanks guys! I'll work on the character concept and see what my GM says.
>>
>>49535337
Gecko Crawl is a thing and is pretty useful
Levitate is also a fun standard even if it isn't true flight

But if you have a Spirit Of Air bound, the literal Movement power is a perennial favorite for literal SANIC
>>
File: Gun Adept.gif (3MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
Gun Adept.gif
3MB, 280x210px
Shoot them all.
>>
>>49535413
What did he mean by this?

>>49535344
Water, Earth, and Beasts also get Movement, iirc.
>>
>>49535045
Barriers are always fun, especially when mana barriers get involved with dual natured beings.
Shapechange is great, always.
Challenge yourself; take 2 utility spells (invis and heal for example) then base the rest on a theme or gimmick and build around it.
>>49534755
My group uses damage roll over (aint no kill like overkill), and size and movement modifiers (second nature since we all play battletech).
>>
>>49535605
>we all play battletech

Unrelated to SR, but I'm doing some design work for a tabletop game halfway between Steel Battalion and Mobile Suit Gundam 00. Does Battletech have any standout subsystems that should be studied/lifted, or is all just holistically OK?
>>
Trying to build a get-away Driver with a Control Rig who can shoot a bit.

Should i get a BMW M8 (Muscle Car) or an BMW X Infinity (SUV)?

The M8 has a really nice combo of 6 Speed, 3 ACC, 12 Body and 11 Armor, while the SUV is slower (4 Speed, 2 ACC), but has a bit more mass (Body 14) and Armor (11).
Cost is almost identical though.
I'm leaning towards the M8, but a SUV might be a bit more of an Allrounder?
>>
>>49535776
Do you like accountantech or tabletech? Do you like autistic levels of detail in the ruleset? Do you like your mechs falling over and failing to get up when they get shot? If so, battletech's perfect for you.

Battletech's not a fluid system, and doesn't adapt to gondoms unless you were aiming for a detailed blow-by-blow system. You might consider looking at the LOS, facing/firing arcs, and roll modifiers available.
>>
>>49536252
I can't find either of those in any books. What are you referencing?
>>
File: BMW_X_Infinity.jpg (15KB, 335x218px) Image search: [Google]
BMW_X_Infinity.jpg
15KB, 335x218px
>>49536360
Some Krautcars from Kraut-Only Books.

You can look up the stats in Chummer
>>
File: Cult Mechanicus.gif (24KB, 600x191px) Image search: [Google]
Cult Mechanicus.gif
24KB, 600x191px
>>49536356
Thanks.
>>
>>49536252
SUV. Remember, there's more than just the stats to consider- people are going to notice the muscle car a hell of a lot more than the SUV will stand out. Muscle cars are flashy and make you look like you're trying to get attention, SUVs make people think you're a corporate soccer mom and therefore uninteresting. You don't want attention on your getaway.

Also, if you're going rigger, I recommend eventually having multiple vehicles.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-09-27 23.14.49.png (217KB, 710x478px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-09-27 23.14.49.png
217KB, 710x478px
>Material affect by this spell cannot be used as a material link.
>Each hit scored by the caster inflicts a -1 dice pool modifier to any skill tests made to collect and use sterilized biomaterial for forensics or material link purposes.
>or material link purposes.

So can material affected by this spell used in material links or not?
>>
>>49538578
RAW, it says no and then has a redundant 3 words in a sentence about forensics.
>>
>>49538589

The former part states no and the second part implies yes but with a penalty.
>>
>>49538596
It doesn't explicitly say you can, it says there's a penalty to something you can't do anyway. It's pointless and useless, but welcome to CGL's writing.
>>
>>49538427
SUVs also have the seating to fit the team, especially if you have trolls
>>
>>49538578
You can't use the sterilized material for a material link, you can still try to gather physical evidence like the blood and DNA ect at a penalty.
Cgl editing at it again.
Fun fact if the investigator is fast enough and good enough they could detect the astral trace of the spell and track the mage that way.
>>
>>49538578
For me it seems like:
>Each hit adds a -1 DPM for tests to find material normally used for forensic tests or as material links, if you search for things not used in those then you get no penalty
>the things you DO find may be used in forensic tests but not as material links. The last part is not immediately obvious. You may find things such as hair and blood, and only after finding can you discern that they aren't useable for that
>>
>>49538652
Except you can just scrub the signature if you aren't in a hurry. Takes 3 seconds per force, complex action, no test required.

But I would also carry c-sq and some kind of an explosive that contaminates the whole area.
>>
>>49538662
You may be right, and it does make sense.
>>
>>49538711
Yeah it's not hard to leave no trace if you have a few minutes. Almost not worth including in your game unless your group is black trench coat as fuck
>>
>>49538747

It's a way to punish your players if they aren't keeping attention.

Exactly what happens to your tech expert who forgets about ticking Overwatch score.
>>
>>49538820
Well you punish then once, then everytime they deal with it until it becomes an annoyance/tax on the players.
Alternatively it's assumed your players do it every time, time willing, unless there's an extreme time crunch and you have them decide what countermeasures theyes want to try and find the time for.
>>
>>49539021

I don't quite agree. If you want something done, you have to mention it to the GM. I think it's a rather realistic component of the game, actually. You grow complacent, you suffer for it.

Within reason, of course. There's no point in having to mention that you lock up when you leave or that you flush a toilet after you've taken a dump.
>>
>>49539127
>Within reason, of course. There's no point in having to mention that you lock up when you leave or that you flush a toilet after you've taken a dump.
I disagree. Even details like breathing should be mentioned, since proper breathing control is crucial to Hamon.
>>
>>49539127
Right if it's something specific or unusual your gm shouldn't assume you did it.

But if after every fight your mage casts sterilize and scrubs his astral signature to the point of monotony maybe it shouldn't be bothered with.
Exceptions being chase scenes or like reinforcements are on their way.

"Do you take the time to clean the scene and risk another fight? "

Now it matters and can change the outcome of the run in a real way.
>>
>>49539207

Casting Sterilize could get you extra stun so it naturally should be resolved with announcing the action, rolling and then resisting drain. Afterwards it's just a matter of mentioning that "I spend (F x 3) seconds scrubbing the signature". The GM will notify if something happens during that time.

If they are pressed for time, then the GM should ask what you just mentioned.
>>
>>49539244
Right the drain might matter, tho its f-3 so it's not hard to cast.
At the end of the day it depends on the group. It's the sort of thing where my players would do it without my direct asking and report results/drain if any.
>>
>>49539305

Drain is 2 at minimum, and I've seen people glitch their resist rolls with 10 dice before. Besides, the amount of dice in spellcasting test does matter.

>It's the sort of thing where my players would do it without my direct asking and report results/drain if any.

Which they should. You should only step in if they're pressed for time, or they forgot to cast it.
>>
>>49535008
>Shitty Glock clones with massively oversized compensator
What else would I expect from google.
>>
>>49535045
Petrify and Shape Stone is a personal favorite, and I intend to play a mage based around those, Artisan, and being a (Possibly? Not sure on this part) Black Magician artist.
>>
>>49540078
I recall seeing something similar, where though the prototype silencer was attached to a glock/clone, the final design involved a different pistol and fully integrated suppressor.
>>
>>49540142
This? Because even pic related doesn't look at all practical. Looks real front-heavy, moreso than most suppressed pistols.
>>
>>49540140
Black Magics more about mental manipulation like Gepetto then simply being a awful person. All traditions can go toxic, you dont need to go extra spooky when you could go frankenstein instead.
>>
File: RedSamurai.png (36KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
RedSamurai.png
36KB, 128x128px
>>49534200
Hey /srg/, NewTokenAnon here.

The Tokens are done. In total, there are 570 tokens that I've made, and it's all zipped up and ready to go. I am, however, having a bit of an issue here.

I was debating on compiling the original TokenAnon pack into my own and posting it around as this big, free resource for anybody wanting to run stuff on Roll20 or whatever. There would be two folders - one for his, one for mine, and both of 'em just stuck in a .rar. I'd probably post it on here, on the leddit, and on the main Shadowrun forums just to make it widely accessible for GMs and players alike.

I'm giving credit to the original TokenAnon, but it still makes me feel iffy if I distribute it cause y'know - not my work.

Should I just not give a shit and upload it anyways, or just take it out and distribute my own?

Also - to that one guy a dozen threads ago who posted an imgur link of Troll artwork - please relink it, and I'll start working on a second pack.
>>
From a purely mechanical standpoint, is there anything wrong with Pixies?
>>
File: 1466312523766.jpg (268KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466312523766.jpg
268KB, 667x1000px
>>49540826
>Should I just not give a shit and upload it anyways, or just take it out and distribute my own?

Just put it up. It's an anonymous board, nobody gives a shit if it was done by you or him or fucking Gygax himself. They're not reading the byline, they're getting tiny images for their games of imagination and too much match.
>>
>>49540940
Define 'wrong'. Mechanically they're pretty much perfect for every role that isn't 'take a bunch of hits to the face'.
>>
File: Pixie Rifle.jpg (116KB, 600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Pixie Rifle.jpg
116KB, 600x1066px
>>49540940
From the forums
Negatives
>- Their on-foot speed sucks. Again, understandable design choice, they have tiny legs.
>- Uneducated. To use your own argument: They just don't have the chance to catch up with our society, being X-thousand years old does that.
>- Maximum two body and strength. Understandable, except for the fact that, through magical augmentation, or any other kind (Pixie 'ware is "Extremely rare" not "Impossible under normal circumstances," and don't get me started on PT), they can get up to peak human strength for the low low cost of a force 2 quickened spell.

Positives:

>+ Racial max of 7 in Logic and Intuition, and 8 in literally everything else. Adding that all together, that's 10 free attribute points for reduced body and strength. Trolls get +8 free attribute points in exchange for a little off the top in 4 categories (A lot if we're talking Charisma)
>+ As of 5e, there is no issue with them firing any gun, as they can pay troll tax and be able to fire a scaled-down version that somehow has the same DV/AP values. Someone tell me how we scale down a 1.5 meter gun to pixie size and give it the same penetration power without blowing the 2 strength fairy's arms off. Oh, wait, magic!
>+ Astral Perception: That's right, the thing that only mages get and adepts/mysads have to pay for? Pixies get it for free by nature of being pixies, and they can turn it on and off at will!
>+ Concealment: Free critter power!
>+x2/x6 Flying speed, +2 meters to flying movement. Ridiculous pixie speed so long as you don't completely burn out!
>+7 edge: They're basically humans except better in every way except bench-pressing, because you can just take magic to fill in the blanks and make them have well beyond peak human forms, further giving mundane people the shaft.
>+Vanishing: No body, no evidence! Win-win for the Johnson if the pixie starts bleeding out and dies!
>>
What are the absolute best special forces group in Shadowrun, chummers?

SAS?
Tír Ghosts?
Firewatch?
The Red Samurai?

Who'd you least want to meddle with?
>>
>>49534200

They have brought up the Balkans, though.
http://www.shadowhelix.de/Balkan

The Balkans are a mess. Micronations rise and fall all the time, and Catholics/Orthodox Christians/Muslims are constantly fighting each other. Sarajevo is the most stable city in the region (which isn't saying much), groups like S-K and I think maybe the UN pour a bunch of money into it to keep it that way.
>>
>>49540983
As in is there a particularly good reason to disallow them from games, either for them being too strong or too weak?

In this specific case, my GM is somewhat unsure about them, and I'm interested in playing a pixie magician who's an artist, and messing around with Shape X spells, Petrify, and hopefully enjoying being a little flying dude carving out blocks of granite twenty times my size on my downtime.
>>
>>49540826
Just include a text note in the archive that the original tokens were taken from someone else.
>>
>>49540988
The CIA.

We know quite a bit about Firewatch, Ghosts, those Azzie groups, and every other big name SF, but we virtually know nothing about what happened to SAD/SOG or JSOC and the CIA in general.

As a runner, I'd be afraid of any person who can get more than one group of SF to go after them, and that's what the CIA does. Fuck around enough with UCAS, then you get 1st SFOD-D and DEVGRU on your ass.
>>
>>49540988
The IRS collection guys, naturally.
>>
>>49540988
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwCuKXAYoH4
>>
>>49541253
I expected better taste from you anon.
>>
>>49541024
I've allowed them in my games with dual-natured and troll-tax for gear purchasing, since they're otherwise Human++, but it largely comes down to the specific character.
>>
>>49540985
>As of 5e, there is no issue with them firing any gun, as they can pay troll tax and be able to fire a scaled-down version that somehow has the same DV/AP values. Someone tell me how we scale down a 1.5 meter gun to pixie size and give it the same penetration power without blowing the 2 strength fairy's arms off. Oh, wait, magic!
Halve all Penetration and Damage stats on Pixie-Modified weaponry. A pixie using something with a regular load and caliber (IE the non-modified gun) is subject to the heavy weapon rules. This means a pixie firing a normal sized gun will take an amount of stun damage equal to the weapon's DV whenever they fire it.
>>
>>49541304
Aren't they just naturally Dual-Natured?
>>
>>49540985
>>+ As of 5e, there is no issue with them firing any gun, as they can pay troll tax and be able to fire a scaled-down version that somehow has the same DV/AP values. Someone tell me how we scale down a 1.5 meter gun to pixie size and give it the same penetration power without blowing the 2 strength fairy's arms off. Oh, wait, magic!
Wait, where does it say that? Speaking as someone playing a pixie, that sounds kinda BS.
Also, what pixie gets strength 2 at chargen when they could max another stat instead?
>>
>>49541414
>Speaking as someone playing a pixie,
Kill yourself plsssssssssssssssss
>>
>>49541363
Nope. Astral Perception and that's it. Magical creature that flies with the power of magic and disappears in a puff of magic when it dies somehow isn't dual natured. Fucking pixies.
>>49541414
It gets better, because pixies don't even pay troll tax per RAW. There's a fluff bit in the pixie entry about a pixie killing a Telstrian exec using a custom-modified rifle, but there's no mechanical cost for it.
>>
I know this'll probably just get responded to with le epik spoonfeeding meme, but does anyone know where to find information on the Path of the Wheel, and more specifically the Path of the Warrior? SG has a little, but doesn't seem to go all that in-depth, online I've been able to find next to nothing so far, and I've only found tiny little snippets in other books. Maybe I'm just missing it or something, but I can't seem to find this shit to save my life.
>>
>>49541269
It's shadowrun expect nothing.

The point is the Wildcats are supposed to be so much better SF that its actually really annoying and the most famous shadowrun campaign had them be low budget retards.

So there you go.
>>
File: 57085368_p0.png (3MB, 2300x1595px) Image search: [Google]
57085368_p0.png
3MB, 2300x1595px
>>49540826
http://imgur.com/a/CceWn
This one?
>>
>>49541609
That's because it was a terrible idea that should never have existed. That said, Tir na Nog, Magic in the Shadows, Street Magic and Street Grimoire.
>>
>>49541927
Why was it a terrible idea?
>>
Alright, /srg/, it's done. Enjoy the tokens. Ignore the readme (or don't), I'm too lazy to upload a new one without it.

http://pastebin.com/HrdXJX72

>>49541918
Yup, that's the one, thanks. I'll get to work on these at some point.
>>
A while back I asked for assassins to cause chaos during a birthday event the runners were attending as fake security.

I just wanted to thanks SRG for the memorable line

"Wait, what? Fine! What's the armor rating on the cake? No, I know that, but I just need to take a potshot at the ork adept stripper to keep him from getting to the clowns explosives."
>>
File: 55689097_p0.png (5MB, 2540x3500px) Image search: [Google]
55689097_p0.png
5MB, 2540x3500px
>>49542018

Null sweat, chummer. Thanks for putting this together.
>>
File: Damn Straight.gif (1MB, 285x210px) Image search: [Google]
Damn Straight.gif
1MB, 285x210px
>>49542026
I love it when a plan comes together.
>>
File: 55553102_p0.png (2MB, 1850x1240px) Image search: [Google]
55553102_p0.png
2MB, 1850x1240px
>>49542018

>There doesn't seem to be a Dragonfall art book or a rip of the character portraits, but if somebody is able to find them, that would be perfect

I've got the portraits for you, too.

https://mega.nz/#!5pVk0KzJ!14T9voaoC7-A5HWd60F3kUEU8Ui74_t1MMExspJWIbA
>>
>>49541609
Thats just what you get for looking for prissy elf shit.
>>
>>49542208
Thanks, man. I'll put these into the queue as well.
>>
>>49542345

Always happy to help the cause.
>>
>>49541999
The tl;dr version is that Tir na Nog, and most things attached to it, is bullshit. You can't go there, you can't do anything if you CAN go there. Since the Path is a magical way taught by the immortal elves, it's taught pretty much exclusively to Tir Princes or Mary Sues like Frosty. A large chunk of the Path's original power came from the fact that you were magically bound to the land, which stopped your powers from actually working outside your little province of Ireland, or outside specific time windows, or while you weren't inside a stone circle.

So you've got a magical art that's exclusively taught to and by keeblers, that only works in specific areas and times. Whoopdy doo.
>>
So nobody in the group wants to make a face, which means I'll have to step in. Problem is I've already decided on a chaos mage.

With my attributes I can get charisma to 5 alongside willpower (with intuition at 6) and get 11 dice for negotiation, etiquette and con. Would that be enough to serve as the face?
>>
>>49542465
For a "represent the party in formal occasions" Face, yeah. If you want to do infil face, Impersonation and the Influence spell are near essential.
>>
>>49542583
Well I already have influence, but I'll have to re-organize things to get enough points for impersonation, which currently sits at 6 dice..
>>
>>49542617
You could wing it with Con, I guess.
>>
>>49542406
5th fixed this. Partily.
Now only the Path of the Rights exclusive for the big leagues, you can take the other paths as long as you aren't a outsider. It's also not as situational, or rather isnt described as situational when portrayed as something players can use, which implies you only have to deal with that shit for rituals.

So you CAN pull it off, but WHY would you want to and not play ~Anything else~
>>
>>49542963
However High Karma run where you are dropped into Tir to seize access to a temporarily vurnable Tome to the Path of Right for a bitter Aztechnology to publicly release on Jackpoint and their own website to openly humiliate the elves out of sheer spite... is something worth considering.
>>
Dual wielding gunslinger adept, retarded or workable?
>>
>>49543128
That's pretty much the only way to make two guns work as you need a gargantuan dice pool to split.
>>
>>49543128
Just use automatics like every sane individual.
>>
Would halving the karma cost of races mess with things too much, for karmagen? It feels like it'd make playing Elves less of a pain, and it'd help Trolls not suck as hard.
>>
>>49543330
Don't fuck with it.
>>
>>49543330
>Giving Elves anything
REMOVE KEEB
>>
>>49543128
Both!
>>
>>49541201
According to Corporate Shadowfiles, the IRS employs agents who break into corporate buildings and find tax evasion.

Second edition was a silly time.
>>
>>49543462
That's actually not so odd, lets you Capone the fuckin Vory.
>>
>>49543330
If you're really looking into it, consider applying metahuman racial adjustments after spending karma.
>>
If you're playing a melee adept, is it (mechanically) worth it to get some maximum-Agility cyberlegs with Digitigrade, Skimmers/Skates, Hydraulic Jacks, and as much armor as you can cram into whatever Capacity is left? 2 Magic is a lot to lose, but it seems like it could be seriously worth it considering how lacking Adepts are in the mobility department and how important mobility is for melee.
>>
>>49543330
Elves are the only metatype disadvantaged by karma Gen in terms of raw stats for karma, but they also get higher caps for two of the best stats to have high.
>>
Is there anything technomancer-centric besides Emergence and the upcoming book? I'm not counting the "maybe they did it lol" CFD bullshit.
>>
Yekka, Discreet Candyman crashes chummer when added to a lifestyle.
>>
>>49543792
Yeah, it's worth it. Being able to run around a battlefield at almost 70 miles per hour (90 meters per combat turn), subtract 12m from the effective distance of any fall, and enjoy +6 armor that doesn't compete in any way for Encumbrance is just fucking amazing for any melee character.

Unfortunately, that's all you can really take, because you max out the Capacity.

An Obvious Cyberleg has 20 goddamn Capacity, to make up for the fact that it's not an arm and that you need them in pairs. +3 Agility Enhancement, +3 Armor, and Hydraulic Jacks 6 take up a combined 12 of that Capacity, though. Digigrade eats up 4 more, and Skimmers eat the remaining 4.

The only problem with all of that is that a digigrade leg actually has 1.25 as its base essence cost rather than 1. Still worth it, in my eyes, but you'll really be hurting.

>>49542406
Which reminds me, Yekka? Adding digigrade to a cyberlimb doesn't currently increase the essence cost of that cyberlimb like they're supposed to. See:
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21221.60
>>
>>49543942
CFD was confirmed to be Celedyr fucking around with tech to try and get Eliohann back in his body.
>>
>>49543973
Whups, conditional reference issue. Easy fix, but away from a build box at the moment.
>>49544347
Well that's just silly. No worries, easyish fix.
>>
>>49544456
No worries man, I just figured I'd note it since I've now lost three sheets before realizing that was the cause for it.
>>
>>49541150
>runners worrying about the CIA

We're not trying to start a democracy here, there's no reason for us to be on their radar.
>>
>>49544598

Unless they sign us up to help start a democracy or two.

Honestly working for the CIA is probably just as bad as being targeted by them.
>>
>>49544598
Runners ARE anarchists, you probbably get a file as soon as you get out of Street level.

The real question is... what ever happened to the Seraphim? I have to imagine that a lot more prime runners hit the street after 2.0. Granted the Seraphim started sucking when the company went down 2 grades so maybe they just got jobs on Firewatch as according to some backalley deal.
>>
>>49544683
>Runners ARE anarchists

Speak for yourself, I'm a professional.
>>
>>49544683
>Runners ARE anarchists
>Being a runner having anything to do with your political ideology
Get a fucking load of this guy
>>
File: laughing bob.png (750KB, 871x655px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bob.png
750KB, 871x655px
>>49544683
>Runners ARE anarchists

Oh look out we got a hooder over here.
>>
>>49544744
>>49544730
>>49544774

It's literally in the core rulebook. The vast majority of runners are sinless because they dont want to follow the system and just be Knight Errant.

You can not believe me but thats the default.
>>
>>49544683
>what ever happened to the Seraphim?
Some remained in Aurelius' employ until he died, others formed a militant group called the 'Fallen' in Quebec aid directed attacks against Ares assets, others went freelance.
>>
>>49544835
Theres a difference between saying 'fuck this noise' and being an anarchist.

One rejects the system because their independent nature forces them to live on the edge where they can find a small shred of freedom, the other wants to destroy it completely.

Only idiot runners want to destroy the system because the system is how they make money. They refuse to be a part of society and because of that they become a vital part of the games the higher ups of said society play. Its a symbiotic relationship.
>>
>>49544890
It still says anarchist in the core book. Pretty often even.
>>
>>49544932
>only idiots go anarchist
>CGL writes anarchist
>CGL acting like idiots
What a surprise
>>
>>49544835
>Not wanting to follow the system
>Implying that makes someone an anarchist
You can not like the current system and still have a non-anarchist ideology.

>>49544932
If that's the case, I guess that means Shadowrun's writers know absolutely nothing about socio-political whatevers.

Then again we all knew that already, didn't we?
>>
>>49544932

Unless your garden variety runner is looking to dismantle the corporate society of the sixth world then they're not anarchists, no matter what CGL says.

They're a company that makes a role playing game (and does it poorly), are you shocked they have no fucking idea about political ideologies?
>>
>>49544944
>>49544945
Touche I suppose.
I still think the CIA probbably keeps tabs on you. Assuming they are actually well funded.

>>49544955
I assumed ideologies work they way they say they do.
If "God" has no idea what a anarchist is neither do CIA.
ITs how Adam West Batman is considered a dangerous criminal mastermind, though if he appeared in like modern comics (and didnt immediatly die) he'd probbably be viewed rather foundly by Gotham as that zany try hard.
>>
>>49544347
Don't forget Bulk, that gives you a full four more points of capacity in each leg.

Not too sure what you'd do with that extra four, water jets possibly, but you'd have it.
>>
How do these sound for the bases of two kinds of suites?

The S-K Schreiber - A rather plain pair of cyberarms. Optimized for Computer, the non-dominant arm has a detachable hand so you can plug your commlink in for real working. S-K brand arms for Software and Hardware exist (the SchOePfer and Mechaniker respectively).

Ares RoL Defenders - Arms used for cheap enhancement of security deckers. Bulk 1 and Optimization - Hacking on each; non-dominant arm has a detachable hand. Cyberdeck goes where the hand was. Dominant arm has built-in SMG, Agility customized to 5, and then Enhanced to 2. Versions exist for Cybercombat and Electronic Warfare (Ares brand versions are the Hammer and Screamer).
>>
Well, I did some rough math, and a Nocturna Elf with Genetic Optimization Agility, Metagenic Improved Agility, Exceptional Attribute Agility, Celerity, Liminal Centaur Body, and Skimmers on all feet ends up at ~360m per three seconds, and roughly ~268mph, on foot, with no spirit assistance.
>>
>>49546080
>detachable hand so you can plug your commlink
>non-dominant arm has a detachable hand
... Why would you not just use the universal connection ports on every single device, instead of gimping yourself constantly?
>>
>>49546717
For the S-K arms, I was thinking it was marketing to sell extra average to good rating commlinks, and just sorta copied by the Ares arm because the reverse engineering team struck on a similar idea, and somebody in marketing said to keep it in.

Also because for 50 nuyen, it can be anything around pistol size that you can attach.
>>
>>49546759
Adding on to my own thoughts, S-K's arms are kept next to packages of pre-ringed tools that come with a basic replacement hand and the NeverLost Hand series, which come with a variety of sensors (one per hand) to make sure that you Never Lose that hand. Too lazy to come up with something better auf Deutsch that sounds good to this English speaker's ears.

Ares, on the other hand, mostly has the drone hand, pre-ringed Predators, Light Fires, and even Colts next to the arms it does sell (as opposed to make for internal use that fall off trucks).
>>
>>49541506
The gun was a hold out modified to look like an assault cannon, it doesn't really support using any gun bigger than a holdout.
>>
>>49543330
snowflake detected
>>
What part of the city do the Seattle Triads control? Tacoma is Mafia vs Yakuza iirc so where do the chinks sit?
>>
>>49547044
>Speaking of criminal SINs and trying to fit in, Ashindar, a black-feathered pixie, was caught by the government of Tír Tairngire and convicted of murder after his assassination of a Telestrian exec. He killed the exec using an assault cannon, or so the media depictions seemed to show. The weapon was actually a small-caliber rifle, custom modified to fit his diminutive stature. He escaped custody shortly after the trial.

Nope.
>>
File: 1461800285246.jpg (302KB, 1024x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1461800285246.jpg
302KB, 1024x1493px
>>49547282
Go read the Seattle Sprawl box, or Seattle 2072 for the thing it was basically copied from.
>>
>>49547372

I read the 2072 section on triads and it doesnt list any particular section of the sprawl.
>>
>>49545335
>Don't forget Bulk
The problem with Bulk is that it further increases the Availability of the limb. You're already looking at 4 for the full leg, an additional +3 for maxed out Agility, and an additional +4 from Digigrade. That's Availability 11 (for Standard) which leaves you with the option of either Customizing up to Strength 4 or getting a single point of Bulk, if you want this to be chargen legal.

But yes, in an ideal world you'd take Bulk, have the legs also Customized up to Strength 6+ and then given the full Enhancement (for running tests, kicking, lifting and carrying).

The final 1 Capacity would then be spent on a Single Sensor in each leg, I guess. It's hard to overestimate how useful a high-Rating Ultrasound Sensor and a Cyberware Scanner built into your leg and feeding you data can be.
>>
File: Yellow Lotus.jpg (47KB, 366x599px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow Lotus.jpg
47KB, 366x599px
>>49547395
From Ruling The Queen City
> The Triads are moving in from Vancouver behind Wuxing. Control of Seattle’s and Tacoma’s lucrative docks are in flux because even marginal gains and losses are worth millions of nuyen. Counterfeiting, money laundering, and trafficking are all big business, especially when there are billions to skim as money passes through the sprawl. But don’t forget that some of this “chattel” is people: wageslaves, sex workers, laborers, organlegger chattel—and it’s all the same to the syndicates.

From Emerald Shadows
>The Triads also have a niche of their own, taking care of most of the prostitution trade near the Everett Naval Station. It’s a large station, so business is good, but as yet the Triads have not appeared eager to expand their ambitions in the district.

>The most common criminals on Vashon are corporate embezzlers. The crime scene here is relatively dull in terms of organized crimes and gangs. The Finnigans have a few gambling parlors located in downtown Vashon. The Yakuza have some high-end bunraku houses where they dress the dolls in the latest fashions. The Yellow Lotus Triad operates several entertainment centers where drugs, chips, and joytoys can be enjoyed, most located in the southern patch of urban comfort near Camp Sealth. Most of the rest of the island is suburban, nature preserve, or corporate facility. The Finnigans and the Triad focus most of their activity around downtown Vashon and Camp Sealth, while the Yakuza actually does a brisk business dealing with many of the corporate wageslaves that work for Shiawase at their research facility.
>>
>>49547473
I think that instead of a Cyberware Scanner you should go for some kind of camera, and use it to make an active sensor attack.

Mostly because if I'm not getting it mixed up with the MAD scanner, the cyberware scanner uses it's own rules for finding stuff with it instead of the sensor rules. But at rating 5, that's still 10 dice.

Ironically, I was thinking about the packages (and probably Restricted Gear) given what I posted a bit after that about Bulk. In that case you have up to 24 available, and you should probably use as much of it as you can because that's A Lot of Karma going into those legs.
>>
>>49547689
>packages
You mean Cyberware Bundles, to get a pair of legs as a single purchase?
>>
>>49547710
Yeah. I knew it wasn't suites (what chummer uses, probably because it was that in 4e) and I got stuck on packages for some reason.

Probably because I was messing around with PACKs.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 378x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 378x327px
For my first ever character playing shadow run I'm trying to make my standared medic character, and so far I don't really know what I'm doing. Is it more useful to go into magic for healing or skip it for tech? Other things to know about my character I guess:
-Is a satyr (Don't know why, but the other two players are elf and human so I wanted something different
-Uses a crossbow primarily
-Outside of combat works as a physical trainer/ running coach, is also addicted to running and staying in shape
Any input into my character would be much appreciated due to the fact it's my groups first time with the game and no one really knows for sure what to do.
TLDR: Making medic Satyr need help/Input
>>
>>49547729
Unfortunately, Cyberware Bundles aren't currently supported in Chummer - or weren't the last time I tried to use them - so they're a poor recommendation for most players, just like everything else unsupported in Chummer.

But yes, in an ideal world you'd probably get them as a Bundle.
>>
>>49547743
At least for me, they're working. You just have to make them in a strange way (in chummer, if you're willing to work it in the files, I'm sure it's more normal.)

Make a blank character, give him the 'ware that you're going to make the Bundle at standard grade (and only that 'ware), and then hit Create Cyberware Suite in Special.

They'll show up under Add Cyberware Suite, and have the essence calculated properly. I'm using 1.84.2 right now, and it works for me.
>>
>>49547735
>Is it more useful to go into magic for healing or skip it for tech?
Both, actually. The most effective type of medic is to start with a Medkit, then finish off with a healing spell.

That said, in Shadowrun being a healer is barely a tertiary roll - you need at most two skills, one piece of equipment, and maybe a spell to be literally the best medical professional in the world.

So, you know, just figure out what kind of Logic-drive archetype you want to be (like a hermetic mage) and do that as your primary thing, because it synergizes nicely with Medicine/First Aid.

As an aside, I'd use almost literally anything other than a crossbow as your primary weapon. They're just not good.
>>
Fuck my life guys.
I'm in a 4e game right now, the fucking Gm let some dickhead play a vamp.
We just discovered the bullshiticus that is the Regeneration Power.
The vamp started a fight with about 5 trolls, 4 of which have heavy pistols, the remaining has a shotgun.

The rest of the group have been playing video games/getting drunk for the last two hours while this combat is being resolved.

Wat do?
>>
>>49547766
>They'll show up under Add Cyberware Suite, and have the essence calculated properly.
Last I tried, aside from not calculating Essence properly, they also counted as multiple purchases, rather than being bundled together as a single purchase for the purpose of Restricted Gear. It would flag characters as not being rules-legal when starting the game.
>>
>>49547794
>Wat do?
Participate in the combat too, you fucking nerd.
>>
>>49547735
>but the other two players are elf and human so I wanted something different
Fix that way of thinking first.
If you choose something wonky, hard to play and hard to fit into the setting (not to mention that the further a character is from normal human and the more their special parts define them, the harder it becomes to get properly engaged in their character and their life) just because the other players are playing something "normal", you're approaching the game from the wrong angle.
I won't tell you to quit that character, but I will say that it's a bad habit that you should get out of.
Seeing your character as defined by being different (and especially when race is all it takes to set that off) is a bad approach to roleplaying because it suggests that you want to stand out or garner attention instead of creating a memorable character, and that you have little enough of a clear character concept to change it just because the other players choose something "normal".
Specialness is a tool that you use in small amounts and not for its own sake. Used properly, it provides a character with opportunities to develop themselves by relating to that "special" part - a ghoul trying to walk the fine line between surviving and being cacked, a full-body cyborg trying to figure out if they ever missed being human or it's just nostalgia, or even a satyr needing to compromise on their traditions and opinions to come to terms with shadowrunning in a megalopolis. It adds spice and springboards, and should be applied that way.
A character that's too special loses relatability and closeness, as well as sympathy and charm if you really overdo it - as the character starts to stand out for being special rather than an interesting person, they become harder to play without the specialness getting in the way. It overshadows less "loud" elements such as being a decker or an elf, forces the universe to react in too specific ways and makes the character less identifiable.
>>
>>49547778
Thanks, what kind of weapon would you suggest then? I really liked the idea of running/ jumping from building to building silently shooting off bolts, and maybe leaving them as a calling card. If I go into magic can I also get cybernetics to improve myself or stay awY since they would mess with my essence? My team has a heavy magic user already (and one very rich battle ready drawf) so I don't need much magic
>>
>>49547813
Everyone elses characters are in a completely different area.
Our characters are unable to.
>>
>>49547820
I guess I never looked into it that deep. I usually play as human characters in almost every role play so I guess I just wanted it for flavor. Thanks for the input though and I'll think about it
>>
>>49547735
>>49547820
For a first character in any game, I would strongly recommend a core archetype and a core race that will let you experience the universe enough to learn from it while not drowning in information and fluff. That way, you have room and surplus to work on a detailed character who actually lives in the world like everyone else, rather than being defined by being different from it.
For example, like you say in >>49547830, if you have an idea that's not directly related to your splats and specialness, keep it at that and work out how you can make a character with that instead of having to tack on trap options.
You want to make a combat medic who runs from building to building using a crossbow, in a heavy-magic team? That's a street sam right there with a pair of cyberlegs, which allow customization on top of fulfilling what you want.
With that, you have a character who can interact healthily with the world and eat their soyfood, drink their Burn and hang around with other characters in the setting instead of being set apart from it by being a satyr.
The satyr is defined by being a satyr in the eyes of the setting and the rest of the group, while the street sammy with a pair of cyberlegs can build their own character from the bottom without hurdles or interference, functioning as a normal member of the setting.
And now I'm done.
>>
>>49547867
Not him, but there's different and there's different. Satyr is very different.
>>
>>49547830
>Thanks, what kind of weapon would you suggest then?
A gun.

Or maybe a melee weapon to take advantage of higher-than-normal Strength.

And Thrown, to take advantage of higher-than-normal Strength - get some real range on your grenades.

>If I go into magic can I also get cybernetics to improve myself or stay awY since they would mess with my essence?
If you go into magic, you can afford ~1 Essence worth of 'ware. I'd recommend a Pain Editor and Platelet Factories. A Pain Editor lets you ignore all Wound Penalties and makes you not pass out if your Stun gets filled. Platelet Factories remove 1 Physical every time you take at least 2 Physical damage.

I'm sure you can imagine how useful those are to a mage.
>>
>>49535078
Fleshlight door lock.
You gotta fuck it and it analyzes the DNA in your semen to unlock stuff
>>
>>49547882
Once again thanks
>>
File: 6FRiRG8.gif (182KB, 1036x654px) Image search: [Google]
6FRiRG8.gif
182KB, 1036x654px
>>49547897
>>
>>49547885
>I'm sure you can imagine how useful those are to a mage.
The Pain Editor also grants you +1 Willpower while active. It's just a super good choice for a mage intending to invest in some 'ware.
>>
>>49547885
I was asking for a more specific example but I guess it doesn't matter to much. Anyone have any input on what I should choose for my ABCDE's? Also sorry for any ineptitude and trivial questions I have
>>
>>49547802
>>49547766
Yeah, I just tested, and it still does that. Restricted Gear only ever affects a since item in a Cyberware Bundle, rather than applying to the entire purchase. It calculating Essence correctly is nice, but in the end unfortunately unhelpful because the Bundles are still missing one of the most important pieces of their functionality.
>>
>>49547949
>a more specific example
An Ares Desert Strike with a suppressor.

>Anyone have any input on what I should choose for my ABCDE's?
Depends on whether you're going for a mage, whether you're still going to be a Satyr, and so forth.
>>
>>49547966
Well I'm at least keeping the magic. Right now I have
A for skills
B for race
C for magic
D for money
E for attributes
Like I said I don't know much about the game so I don't know if skills are better in the long run as attributes or if having more money is better than both. My race is more likely to change to human but would it be beneficial to keep the same rank for my Edge race thing?
>>
>>49548008
>E Attributes
Friend, you're making an astoundingly bad choice. You need good ratings in at LEAST Willpower, Intuition, and your Drain stat to be a functional mage, and also Agility, Body, and Reaction if you want to be halfway decent at combat on top of that.

If you're going to be a human, I'd recommend:
>A Magic
>B Attributes
>C Skills
>D Money
>E Human

The skills will be tight, and the money is less than idea, but you really don't need much in the way of Edge.

Alternatively, you could go:
>A Skills
>B Attributes
>C Magic
>D Human
>E Money

Then you spend all of your Special Attribute points on Magic (leaving you with Edge 2, still fine) and have plenty of points for Attributes and more than enough Skill points to make yourself a well-rounded character. The main downside is that you'll be seriously lacking in chargen equipment, meaning you'll need to mostly equip yourself with the basics during actual play.

Ultimately, being good at magic, good at fighting, and still having money left over to buy things is just too much to realistically ask for.
>>
>>49548075
I guess it would depend on my dm but would I make money in the long run to offset taking it for E? I like the second choice much better than the first, so I'm probably going to follow that. My friend playing the drarf is maxing out his money and trying to keep it that way for the long run, so I could see if he could help me out during play to offset it. Any other random tips you can give to a new player during character creation? Once again thanks for the input.
>>
>>49544347
>>49545335
>>49547473
If you don't care too much about Digigrade, and you already have good meat Agility, consider the alternative. You can get Cyber Lower Legs. You're Looking at 12 Capacity (14 with Bulk) and 4 Availability (6 with Bulk) without needing to care about Customizing it up any Agility or Strength, because the only time those even get added to calculations is if you're doing something where you need a bizarre amount of toe/ankle strength/dexterity, like trying to grab objects with your toes or push an object with only calf flexes.

That lets you have Hydraulic Jacks 6 (6 Capacity), Skimmers (4 Capacity), Armor 3 (3 Capacity), and still have 1 Capacity left for sensors and such.

Plus, you'd get to look like Chell, from Portal, but cyberfeet instead of boots.
>>
>>49548147
In the long run you do things called
Shadowruns.
It's a obscure part of the game but you can find it in a tiny bit of the core rulebook.
>>
>>49548147
>I guess it would depend on my dm but would I make money in the long run to offset taking it for E?
Yes, that's the point of being a Shadowrunner, you're getting paid to commit crimes.

>My friend playing the drarf is maxing out his money and trying to keep it that way for the long run
Pfff, what? You're only allowed to hold on to 5,000 nuyen from chargen. You have to spend everything else on equipment, 'ware, foci, and so forth or else you lose it.

>Any other random tips you can give to a new player during character creation?
At character creation you can spend points to increase stats 1:1, but after chargen you have to spend (New Rating)*X Karma to increase stats. That means, post-chargen, it costs WAY more for you to increase an already-high stat than it does to bring a low stat up to a rating that's merely decent.

So it's always mechanically better to minmax - to start as an extreme specialist in your areas of expertise - and then to spend your karma bringing up your glaring weaknesses to reasonable levels post-chargen. To start as an expert in your specialties, and the grow horizontally to be halfway decent at everything else too.

Also, if you're definitely going with a mage, take Improved Invisibility, Heal, Improved Reflexes, and at least one direct combat attack spell. These spells are not optional - they form the backbone of literally every type of mage in the game. If you're going with Magic C, that leaves you with 1 remaining bonus spell at chargen - get creative with it, have fun. Magic Fingers is always a blast - getting to use basic telekinesis at a range of Line of Sight is, well, I'm sure you can imagine.

And finally, as a mage, make sure you put 6 skill points in every magic skill you intend to actually use. My recommendations are Sorcery, Conjuring, Binding, Counterspelling, and Assensing. Assensing in particular is more powerful than almost any spell in the game, as a legwork/espionage skill.
>>
>>49548251
I feel the sarcasm rain down this post like the warm flow of piss and scat in a fucked up porno
>>
>>49548272
Very much appreciated. Like I said this is our first shadow run campaign so mistakes will be made in character creation, but all of the info I've been given and have looked up will help out a lot. Thanks /TG/
>>
>>49548172
Side note, that would mean you'd be reduced from 90 meters per round (67 miles per hour) down to 72 meters per round at Agility 9 (54 miles per hour), or 80 meters per round (60 miles per hour) with Agility 10. You'd be saving yourself a fairly tremendous amount of money, though, and something like 1.6 points of Essence. I'd consider it a worthy tradeoff, if all you're trying to do is get enough mobility to make melee combat a little more viable, personally.

Alternatively, if you're willing to say 'fuck it' to having 6 armor, you can technically put the Digigrade Legs on instead, giving you the full movement speed. It would increase the Essence cost of each lower leg to .7, though, costing you 1.4 Essence instead of the .9 that the armored versions have.
>>
File: Time to go to Time.gif (171KB, 354x285px) Image search: [Google]
Time to go to Time.gif
171KB, 354x285px
Building but a rigger, but I'm finding myself overwhelmed with the options you can do with them. Or, more accurately, I'm not sure what to specialise in first with character creation. It's clear I can buy more drones/vehicles as time goes on. But do I start with a garage of vehicles, all pretty tricked out, or do I assemble an army of drones and one simple escape vehicle, and fight alongside my drones using AR.

My perfect situation would be having a tricked out vehicle for going full on ham, whilst also being somewhat decent in combat with augments and drones. But I'm not sure that's all possible at once with character creation (unless you went in debt I suppose).
>>
>>49548172
>>49548379
Also, you'd still need Restricted Gear, but this time for Muscle Toner 4 to get that Agility. Worth it, I'd say, since it would apply body-wide this time, still cost less Essence total, and will actually work with Chummer. Your mileage may vary, but I'd definitely choose the Lower Leg route.
>>
>>49548471
Try and get at least two vehicles if you can swing it- one for speed and a backup for not being noticed. Don't go too far overboard tricking them out, and remember seating is important too. Drones are generally best for filling holes in the party's miscellaneous roles, like medic or making stuff. It's worth getting some to function in combat, of course, but check your party composition.

You don't absolutely have to use drones, by the way.
>>
>>49548471
Note that the higher body bikes can be made into okay combat drones. Give it walker, put on some armor, and the full value you can of anti-electric armor mods, and a weapon or two and it's suddenly unexpectedly nasty.
>>
Could someone post the Ends of the Matrix for me? I want to take a look for my own matrix overhaul purposes
>>
>>49548751
>too lazy to google
>>
>>49548559
Good suggestions. I was going to use drones for utility anyway, since everyone in our group is good at killing and we have very good ways at scoping and sneaking about places. Any fun suggestions for utility a drone could have?

The only serious role I can imagine a drone having in our make up is heavy suppressive fire. Or just heavy weapons in general for when shit really hits the fan. The main thing is I don't want to be a rigger that sits in a van all day, while everyone else gets in the thick of it.
>>
>>49548836
>The main thing is I don't want to be a rigger that sits in a van all day, while everyone else gets in the thick of it.
Start with Reaction 6 and Intuition 5, take Reaction Enhancers 3 and Wired Reflexes 1 for that sweet, sweet Reaction, and a Control Rig rating 2.

Congrats, now you have 15+2d6 Initiative (15+4d6 with a hit of Jazz) and are disgustingly good at driving/piloting drones when you're not being shockingly useful in your meat-body.

Pick up some Logic, Hardware, Lockpicking, and Gunnery, and suddenly you're the guy who can also 'analog hack' doors open by rewiring them, boost/hijack cars for fun and profit, and remote-control hovering aerial drones with scoped, high-powered, suppressed rifles for precision airstrikes during combat or to eliminate stealth patrols.

Fair warning about RCCs, though. As of Rigger 5.0, programs like Clearsight are now model-specific too. That means that, if you're going to have several drones all being controlled at once, they really, absolutely need to be the same exact models with the same weapons as each other.

Fairer warning about RCCs, if you hardwire in a Multidimensional Coprocessor, you'll be able to enjoy 4d6 initiative dice in coldsim and 5d6 in hotsim, at no extra risk, just the investment and opportunity cost of not getting to hardwire in some other thing.
>>
File: 1437084786606-3.png (46KB, 414x249px) Image search: [Google]
1437084786606-3.png
46KB, 414x249px
>>49548993
That's an amazing and concise way to start off, thanks so much. I reckon I can personalise the sheet more from here. Final thing: any quick and dirty tips for things you find fun as a rigger? Heck, if you've played a rigger before (and it sounds like it, unless you're just crazy good at the rules) I'd love to read some crazy rigger stories.
>>
>>49549075
Nul sweat, chummer.
>>
>>49547820
My character is a loli elf mage.

Rate my concept.
>>
>>49548993
>Congrats, now you have 15+2d6 Initiative (15+4d6 with a hit of Jazz)
Init dice boosts do not stack unless excplicitly mentioned.
>>
>>49549349
Drugs stack with everything unless explicitly specified otherwise. Various types of 'ware and magic don't stack, but drugs can always be used to round out the top.
>>
>>49549289
There's nothing particularly wrong with a child character as long as you can find a reason for them to participate in the game on the same level as the rest of the party, and you're using their age to flesh out their character in a realistic way that nevertheless doesn't turn annoying, disruptive or useless.
But since you already said "loli", I can assume you're going to be spouting anime clichés while going for cheap sex appeal, all the while tearing apart the mood and the game that the other players and the GM want, because you found out about "magical realm" two weeks ago.
The thing that makes me the most angry when I see these concepts isn't that someone dares play an underage female character - it's that they use it as cover for forcing in a whole different genre and mood, disrupting the game and potentially creeping out the other players with splurting jets of spaghetti, while they could have played an interesting character that served to make two infamously taboo character types less maligned over time.
>>
>>49549289
underage magic using treecreature/10
>>
>>49549349
>>49549411
Reaction Enhancers also stack with Wireless Reflexes if everything is wireless. For some odd reason.
>>
>>49549420
>>49549421
>responding
Either stop samefagging and/or stop being idiots.
>>
>>49549434
That's where the 10 Reaction comes from, yeah. While a Street Samurai might prefer Move-by-Wire or Synaptic Boosters, the fact that you can get a cap-breaking +6 Reaction from those two makes them the obvious and automatic choice for a Rigger.
>>
>>49549456
Chummer lists 6 Reaction only getting 3 more from Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers, not 10. It's still amazing, either way.
>>
Let's say you have Security Guard Steve.
Shadowrunner A casts Control Thoughts on Steve to get him to open the door.
Shadowrunner B then casts Control Thoughts on Steve to instead get him to report the competing runners.

Does the second spell work if the first is still sustained? What would it take to overpower? Do they both work at the same time?
>>
>>49549493
Chummer assumes Wireless is off by default. When it's on, they stack up to their full amount.

Consider getting the Wired Reflexes Booster gene mod too. It makes activating your Wired Reflexes a free action.
>>
>>49549541
>Consider getting the Wired Reflexes Booster gene mod too. It makes activating your Wired Reflexes a free action.

I'm assuming that's in Chrome Flesh, right?
>>
>>49549581
Yup, Chrome Flesh.
>>
>>49549420
Actuallly with all the katanas and Otaku stuff Shadowrun's already a little weeb.
>>
File: 1469330775647.jpg (426KB, 1689x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1469330775647.jpg
426KB, 1689x1600px
>>49549948
It's gone away from that in recent editions, now that Japan didn't take over the world in the mid-80s.
>>
>>49549948
>a little
This is an EVO board member who the PCs are meant to like and identify with:
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Buttercup
>She is an anima who appears as an 18 year old Japanese girl, with long black hair that she often ties up, and a very expressive face that practically glows when she is excited or angry.
>>
>>49550034
>She received this bequest from Dunkelzahn in his will:
>"To Buttercup of Yamatetsu Corporation, I leave my complete collection of comic books with respect for our mutual appreciation of the art form. Not manga, I know, but you could stand to develop a taste for some of the classics, my dear."

That's... that's pretty weeb.
>>
>>49549948
I know you're just trolling, but there's a difference between Shadowrun's weebiness and modern anime randomness.
Back when Shadowrun, CP2020 and other classical cyberpunk works of all stripes were being released, Japan was a growing economic threat and looked like it would rival or eclipse the US within a decade or two. Most of the anime coming out of the country was likewise grim and slightly cyberpunk, and the aesthetic of anime back then was generally a lot grimmer and grittier. The parts it added were more akin to postmodern comics like the ones that hit it big in the US in the late 90's, or even Hong Kong schlock gun-fu flicks.
The most important thing was that it had a strong sense of self-awareness - people were portrayed as mimicking and adopting Japanese culture as a way of surviving the changes in society, as the Japanese ideals of hard work and endurance fit very well in a cyberpunk society.
Nowadays, we have a more postmodern kind of weeabooism defined by "power levels", being a real or fake hikikomori or NEET, moeshit series and most centrally a lack of connection or creative drive to repurpose or adapt the media.
Japanese culture has become old hat for many, and the only people who like moe anime are outside of the social loop and thus circlejerk in their own safe spaces like /jp/. The sense of isolated entitlement and self-conscious "randomness" has gotten very strong, and the people who put in anime-inspired elements nowadays are often doing it as a statement of not caring about what other people consider taboo or childish.
It's gone from a healthy, multifaceted and realistic influence that draws its inspiration from things that were relevant at the time to an inbred, self-justified kind of backhanded self-irony that in the end doesn't end up contributing anything to the game, and in fact takes active pride in its meaninglessness and gratuitousness.
>>
>>49549540
I don't have an answer, but I do want to comment on how BULLSHIT that spell is. Control Thoughts/Actions, Petrify, and Turn to Goo are spells that all
>Destroy a good chase scene
>Make roving or stationary guards a joke
>Totally bypass social rolls for non-Johnsons
>Immediately takes someone out of the fight, or worse
>Turns an enemy into a short-lived ally
They are such fucking overpowered spells and I wish the dm would ban them.
>>
>>49550088
I have to point you up to Buttercup mentioned earlier.

That's pretty Modern weeb. Not that its necessarily good I mean the loli elf guy was just trying to piss people here off.

HOWEVER shadowrun can still get a little weeb, Japan still has a massive presence in a runners life with Yaks being one of the strongest ocs running and 3 corps operating in Japan.
>>
>>49550265
Granted Japan in the sixth world is pretty anti fun.
>>
File: 1459262688614.jpg (188KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1459262688614.jpg
188KB, 1024x1365px
>>49549540
I would say that whichever one has the higher Force (after resistance test) would take precedence, and you go down in order. So if Runner A had Force 4, and B had Force 6, then he would report the runners, then open the door.

If they were competing orders, then they higher Force one would win.
>>
>>49549411
>The synaptic booster cannot be combined with any other form of Reaction or Initiative enhancement.
>any other form
>Reaction enhancers are incompatible with all other enhancements to Reaction,
including wired reflexes.
>all other enhancements
Wireless bullshit enables it to stack with wired reflexes ONLY.

Wired reflexes however says that it is only incompatible with augmentations. I think that's an oversight.
>>
>>49549420

I didn't say she was underage, I only said she was a loli. Neoteny, darling.

>all the while tearing apart the mood and the game that the other players and the GM want, because you found out about "magical realm" two weeks ago.

The hell are you talking about? Everyone in the group loves lolis.
>>
>>49550421
You're won't about it being an oversight; this something that's beg clarified extensively online on the official forums and other places over the year. The initiative dice from Wired Reflexes and drugs stack, and with further reading you'll find that Synaptic Boosters are the only ones in the game that don't stack with drugs.
>>
>>49550475
>You should be able to read my mind and know that people here are okay with it and not make the logical assumption that most people would not be, even if it's a very good assumption to make.
>>
>>49550475
Should I call lonestar on your groups ass?

Anyway while there is always a reason to have serious moments, Shadowrun's always got a black nihilistic humor to it. Its a world where a few threads ago it was seriously suggested (To decent acclaim) to have runners break into corp enclaves to deliver coffee. Probbably as a part of a dumbass commercial.
>>
>>49550621
Not that anon, but you wanna try and give what you wrote a second try?
>>
>>49550679
Nah, I'm just going to blame my phone and get back to work, like a real faggot.
>>
>>49550210
Sounds more like they aren't being treated reasonably.

>Control Thoughts/Actions
These aren't subtle. People affected by them are very aware they were affected by them after the control ends. By the way, it doesn't help build trust with your team if you're trigger-happy with your mind control. Shit's scary, and there's no doubt they'd do it to you if they ever planned on selling you out.

>Petrify, and Turn to Goo
Both good, but astral signatures are a thing. The more obvious you make it that magic was used, the higher the chance of it being used as forensic evidence to try to track you.

There are very good reasons why "geek the mage first" is a phrase just about anyone intending to get in a fight would know. If a mage is going to play up their magic, any consequences they have to deal with should be played up just as much.
>>
>>49550088
Did I just read an unironic defense of Orientalism? haha oh wow
>>
>>49550210

It has a few mechanical weaknesses that the GM may not be considering

The controller must sustain it and spend a COMPLEX ACTION each turn to control/command the target. (So they cast one turn, they control the next)

Actions taken by the controlled target are rolled using the controller's dicepools (How many automatics dice you got there, mage?)

It is resisted pretty constantly and gets worn down quickly (W+L-Force, net hits reduce caster's net hits)
>>
>>49551623
If a person knows a mage has Control Thoughts, could they have someone else cast it on themself and sustain it, but also not do anything with but user it as a defense against other mind control spells?

What happens if one person uses control thoughts and the other uses control actions in the same person?
>>
>>49550210
You can resist these and as shown by Gepettos last run a failed Control will immediatly turn a situation signifigantly worse because you just got caught using a illegal spell and not only has the guards been called, but also Lone Star probbably.
>>
Good qualities for a shinto tradition mage?

He's going to be a mage/face hybrid.
>>
Influence vs. control thoughts

Is there anything else into this except sustained vs. physical?

Also does the victim remember anything he did while under the influence of the caster?
>>
>>49552832
Control Thoughts is obvious; the target remembers being controlled afterwards. They can also keep re-resisting it while sustained on their turn, so they're also going to be actively trying to break out of it. At the same time, there are no real limits on what you can make people do with it beyond what they are capable of and your own imagination.

Influence has a lot less control, but is a lot more subtle. The target remembers doing anything under its effect just like Control Thoughts but doesn't necessarily link it to magic. Obviously if you plant a suggestion in a guard about shooting someone they're supposed to be protecting, that sort of thing will get caught, but if it seems reasonable they might not have any reason to question why "they" decided to do what they did.
>>
>>49553107

Thanks chummer, that makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>49553107
A good trick is to use influence with a bribe so they just assume they are bad people.
>>
>>49553107
The more drastic the control thoughts/actions the easier it is break out of.
Iirc the victim gets extra dice or rolls
>>
How much karma should I spend to make a permanent homunculus? My mage wants to give his little sister a permanently animated teddy bear as a present. Force 4.
>>
>>49553653
Maybe suggest using Quickening? Your GM might interpret it being used for "spells" to not apply to rituals, but I wouldn't think it's too bad.
>>
>>49553790
I don't have the quickening metamagic. It's an initiation feature.

A lot of other rituals have a cost of force = karma if made permanent, so I think I'll go with that.
>>
>>49553653
Awww cute.
>>
>Have a really cool mission/series of missions setup
>A lot of planning and flavor
>New statblocks, important characters, weaving plot elements from other things
>The entire group has started playing WoW with legion and has no sign of stopping

I'd rather be running your shadowrun game, not DPSing, you assholes.
>>
>>49554025
Communicate, mothafucka
>>
>>49554025

The worst is yet to come. WoW will make them objectively shittier pnp players, especially for SR.
>>
>>49550983
I doesn't sound like it but you better post it on your tumblr anyway
>>
>>49554194
There really isn't any choice.

You will have to kill your players. For their own sake.
>>
>>49554169

The problem is that the group has enough overlap with our WoW setup that if we have enough for Shadowrun/D&D, we have enough to run Mythic+ (5-man end-game content) and they would rather do that for the time being.

>>49554194

We all met as WoW players years ago, and played a lot of pnp since then. Honest to god I didn't expect WoW to be this distracting. I expected the usual one month before burnout and then back to the status quo. Fuck.
>>
>>49554334
You can always run a Shadowrun quest with your plot, fuck your group, if they are prioritizing the game to your work then give the work to someone who does appreciate it.
>>
>>49554372
>Quests
>>
>>49554388
Well you cant do storytime without the actual game happening, and do you really want to script the whole encounter on Dragonfall?
>>
File: nnel3.jpg (150KB, 500x595px) Image search: [Google]
nnel3.jpg
150KB, 500x595px
>>49554405
>cyberpunk quests
>>
>>49554548
Well fine I guess its impossible, lets go back to moaning about how we cant get our party to play a game.
>>
How does a Pi-Tac network actually work for hacking? Does only one person have the Pi-Tac device, or does everyone have one attached to their commlink? Do you have the hack the host's device to manipulate the Pi-Tac, or can you hack the Pi-Tac itself? Do I get any of its benefits from placing a mark on it, such as instantly knowing the GPS coordinates of everyone on the network or a bonus to my skills?

Our group is constantly brushing up against the military using a Level 2 Pi-Tac, and as the hacker I don't know how to deal with their matrix defense boosts.
>>
File: va1w9hT.jpg (109KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
va1w9hT.jpg
109KB, 640x640px
I can never post at work, so I want to post some art. Thanks for being awesome, /srg/. Most of you, at least.
>>
For the sake of discussion, has anyone seen any interestingly flavored cyberdecks? Tablets are boring. Maybe a warhead with piano keys?
>>
File: 1467870600471.jpg (194KB, 540x699px) Image search: [Google]
1467870600471.jpg
194KB, 540x699px
>>
>>49555663
I knew a player who used a Deck made from Lostech that was hollowed out and more useable parts added in.

AKA he used a old fashioned computer that he carries with him since it doesnt need a plug anymore.
>>
>>49555785
Reminds me of one of a tale my SR groups member told us.It happened in old game with another group.

Their Decker used old ass mechanical keyboard as his decks controls, so of course it was loud as fuck. In one mission he had tosneak behind sleeping spider and do his own magic. But due to some extremely good rolls from DM the spider woke up from the keyboard noise. Poor decker had to blast the spiders head off with a revolver
>>
>>49555646
What the hell is this? I want it.

Unrelatedly, do you have any good archers, futurey swordsmen, or cyberninja type characters?
>>
>>49555663
I've been thinking of a wearable cyberdeck fluffed as a bunch of wired-up straps like in pic related
>>
>>49556025
Your man concern is what is he typing on?

Though the guy in the 5th edition intro used a cyberdeck that was actually a backpack full of ware.

But it also had Ares willingly summon a insect spirit which sounds exactly like the one thing they won't do.
>>
>>49556148
AR and Trodes, Chummer. Don't need no keyboard.
>>
>>49555986
Perhaps this?
>>
Could a motorcycle-based bow-adept be at all viable in 20thAe? Kind of want to make a hobgoblin neo-Scythian.
>>
>>49555986
http://six12.com
>>
File: shortcut__by_xrobingoodfellowx.jpg (85KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
shortcut__by_xrobingoodfellowx.jpg
85KB, 600x846px
>>49555986
>>49556257
I'm partial to the lithe cyber femme fatale thing, but I like this guy too.

As for your original question, no idea- I found it looking for Gun art.
>>
File: 1462465177047.jpg (135KB, 519x700px) Image search: [Google]
1462465177047.jpg
135KB, 519x700px
>>49555986

Here you go.
>>
File: 1461738731365.png (525KB, 800x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1461738731365.png
525KB, 800x1096px
>>49555986

Archer
>>
File: loli_infiltrator.jpg (24KB, 516x599px) Image search: [Google]
loli_infiltrator.jpg
24KB, 516x599px
>>49555986

Here's an infiltrator.
>>
File: 1474342075001.jpg (753KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474342075001.jpg
753KB, 900x900px
>>49555986
Here.
>>49556253
What are the buttons for then?
>>
>>49556488
Those aren't buttons. Those are daisy-chained computing nodes.
>>
>>49556528
I'd go for something less ... external. Safe from acid, fire, water, etc.
>>
>>49556542
What about semen?
>>
>>49555986
http://pastebin.com/4WUkrw6u
Anything like those catch your fancy?
>>
>>49556368
>>49556416
>>49556455
Huh, I thought this was /srg/, not /pfg/.
>>
>>49556596
Is there a difference? You're still on 4chan.
>>
>>49556553
You probably won't be wearing your cyberdeck when that's a concern.
>>
>>49556528
I meant on a conventional deck. They arent just black boxes right?
...right?
>>
>>49556566
Most of them are alright, but a few are too edgy, and I'm looking for either male or androgynous art/stuff where you can't tell the gender because armor.
>>
File: 7lus00g.png (42KB, 331x166px) Image search: [Google]
7lus00g.png
42KB, 331x166px
>>49556622
They're similar to a tablet today (slim black box with a touchscreen) by default, but they're just as varied as commlinks as of 5e.
>>
File: url.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>49556686
>Decks are now tablets
>>
>>49556686
Well whats the screen for if you just interact on AR?
>>
>Tick off ignore character creation stuff in Chummer
>Still can't raise magic higher than 7, even with 6 base and multiple initiations
>Initiating doesn't properly give Adepts PP without taking the Power Point metamagic
>>
>>49556735
Fuck, dude.
>>
>>49556735
Frankly I think /srg/ gets horribly autismal about it. The actual text alludes TO a tablet but it doesn't say decks have to be tablets. And Catalyst art should really never be treated as canon. Doubly so, it shouldn't be treated as the only possible canon.
>>
>>49556802
>Commlinks are still around and used by almost everybody, but the new Matrix design requires a new tool, and hackers were quick to name the tool the cyberdeck after the legendary hacking tool of old.

>Most [commlinks] are small enough to fit in your pocket, on a belt clip, or on your wrist. If a pocket version isn’t your style, commlinks are available in a number of other forms, including headwear, glasses, jewelry, cranial implant, belt buckles, and other accessories.

>[A cyberdeck] is a bit bigger than a commlink, about the size of a small tablet or a spiral-bound notebook, or a pair of playing card decks.
>>
>>49556852
What's your point?
>>
>>49556866
These are the 2075 cyberdeck dimensions.
>>
>>49556895
Yeah that's like, what size they are. Honestly it doesn't say much. A pair of playing card decks is the vaguest shit.
>>
>>49556915
>A poker size card is 2.5 inches wide by 3.5 inches tall.

Standard dimensions seem to be 2.5 * 3.5 * 0.75 inches. Put two of those together. The trickiest part is the third dimension.
>>
>>49556984
Right, but you can link two playing card decks in three different ways. With the cyberdeck rules as they are I think they might actually be meant to have that variance, but the default would be the 1:2 ratio, probably.
>>
I just scored a new copy of the 5e rule book for $55 and I couldn't be happier
>>
>>49557068
>$55
I'm sorry for your loss, anon
>>
>>49556623
>male or androgynous cyberninjas that aren't too edgy
http://pastebin.com/bmdD0LY6
I tried. Don't get your hopes up too far though.
>>
>>49555986

Got an archer right here.
>>
File: original__hackers_by_risachantag.jpg (274KB, 645x1027px) Image search: [Google]
original__hackers_by_risachantag.jpg
274KB, 645x1027px
>>49557225

Cyberninja.
>>
File: shinku-kim-cocoro.jpg (342KB, 1536x2400px) Image search: [Google]
shinku-kim-cocoro.jpg
342KB, 1536x2400px
>>49557240

Cyberninja.
>>
>>49557256
>>
>>49557271

Swordsman.
>>
>>49557225
Is that character from that one shitty cawadoody game?

>>49557256

That's clearly an android.
>>
>>49557293

1. Yep
2. Maybe? Could easily be a sealed suit of some kind - the legs are the only thing that's goofy, but goofy cyberlegs aren't out of the question for a cyberninja, now are they?
>>
>>49557332
>>
>>49557356
>>
>>49557373
>>
>>49557396
>>
>>49557415
>>
File: 52780498_p0.jpg (337KB, 645x969px) Image search: [Google]
52780498_p0.jpg
337KB, 645x969px
>>49557425
>>
File: 47222574_p0.png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
47222574_p0.png
3MB, 1600x1200px
>>49557439

Alright, that' probably enough for now.

Been a while since I did a good, old-fashioned dump.
>>
>>49557159
Versus $100+ everywhere else for a currently out of print hardback book? I'm only paying about ten or eleven bucks more than it sold for on Barnes & Noble's online site
>>
File: IMG_4669.jpg (136KB, 1051x609px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4669.jpg
136KB, 1051x609px
>>49557159
>>49557465
I'd say I got away with a pretty good deal. Even the lower priced used ones can run up to the $60-100 range
>>
>>49557517
But why would you get a hardcover? It's in the OP. All of them are. For free, and in a far more convenient format. Like, I like the system and setting too, man, but the editing is fucking trash and there's too many problems for me to really say that CGL deserves money for this at present.

Entirely unrelatedly, how far can a spat poison actually be spat? Deadly Venom from Surge, if it matters.
>>
>>49557650
ePubs are nice and everything, but I'd like a physical copy to be able to flip quickly through during a session
>>
>>49557771
Or you could have a nice, convenient PDF where you can Ctrl+F the exact thing you need, and also have handy Cheat Sheets with all the references ready to go.
>>
>>49557771
Its called a printer and a three ringed binder. Both can be provided at staples.

I mean I appreciate funding rpgs but... its CGL.
>>
>>49557852
I'd be spending more on ink than just buying the damned book.

And CGL may be shit, but buying a severely overpriced book from a scalper is even worse. And I'm too damn lazy to bother having my computer out for a session. That's more wasted table space than necessary IMO
>>
>>49557961
Pdf reader on a phone is perfectly sufficient.
>>
>>49558084
Or a laptop
>>
>>49558184
I figured he didn't have a laptop while everyone has a smartphone these days.
>>
File: 001-479507671-10.jpg (1MB, 3500x2512px) Image search: [Google]
001-479507671-10.jpg
1MB, 3500x2512px
Yekka help plox

How do i hack the Wired Reflexes in Chummer 5 to make them compatible with Reaction Enhancers, so the Wireless Bonus gets printed right on paper?
>>
>>49556852
A cyberdeck usually has a small screen for displaying status messages. It is most often a flat rectangle, but it can be just about any shape that has the same volume as a small book; the “hackpack” model, a cyberdeck in a belt pack, is popular for deckers on the go.

So people can get a traditional cyberdeck, and in fact FastJack used one before he got CFD'd.

Its just you dont have to anymore. Which is more flexible i suppose.
>>
>>49557852
Printing in anything like decent quality is ruinously expensive at low quantities.
>>49558752
Make an XML file called override_wireless_cyberware.xml (The middle bit doesn't matter, it just lets you separate shit out into separate files) and dump this into it:

<chummer>
<cyberwares>
<cyberware>
<id>bea0ded3-821f-449c-9507-815088f68b86</id>
<name>Wired Reflexes</name>
<category>Bodyware</category>
<rating>3</rating>
<ess>FixedValues(2,3,5)</ess>
<capacity>0</capacity>
<avail>FixedValues(8R,12R,20R)</avail>
<cost>FixedValues(39000,149000,217000)</cost>
<bonus>
<initiativepass precedence="0">Rating</initiativepass>
<specificattribute>
<name precedence="1">REA</name>
<val>Rating</val>
</specificattribute>
</bonus>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>455</page>
</cyberware>
<cyberware>
<id>4cef53aa-13ea-4f28-8fbf-e3b254248247</id>
<name>Reaction Enhancers</name>
<category>Bodyware</category>
<rating>3</rating>
<ess>Rating * 0.3</ess>
<capacity>0</capacity>
<avail>(Rating * 5)R</avail>
<cost>Rating * 13000</cost>
<bonus>
<specificattribute>
<name precedence="1">REA</name>
<val>Rating</val>
</specificattribute>
</bonus>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>455</page>
</cyberware>
</cyberwares>
</chummer>
>>
Its relatively interesting that the founder court members can NOT lose their AAA ratings thanks to court rulings, So within corps like neonet cant actuallly LOSE their status no matter how shitty things get unless someone buys out the part of them that the court decrees represents JRJ international.

The other founders are Aztech, Ares, Renraku, MCT, Saeder, and Shiwase, meaning that only JRJ really is in constant threat.

But hell of a run, to find a way to get JRJ's property to CaTo or LoneStar.
>>
>>49558878
If it became too inconvenient for the Court it might be possible for them to decree that JRJ in fact no longer functionally exists and AAA Prime status can't be given to it.
>>
>>49558912
If they do that then the assured seats of the others can be held under threat as well.
Besides Neonets a threat anyway, its the only corp where the majority of its runs are against ITSELF.
Its fuckin Malal, none of the other corps will mourn it.
>>
>>49558942
Not necessarily, all of the other corporations are in effectively the same form as when they got their AAA Prime seats. JRJ, if it became any more of a symbolic splinter entity of its former self, would be detached from every aspect of the Court foundry except the trademark. Plus, all that on NeoNET is hearsay. Nobody's actually keeping statistics on their runs, it'd be impossible. They said similar about Ares for a while. There's no guarantee they're the next Fuchi.

Not to mention it's not like Lone Star has the brass to hack it as a AAA. The status isn't really functional as a symbolic crown to wear, since the Court can and has changed the number of seats.
>>
>>49556736
This is actually a good question.

The damn thing has a touchscreen that you, apparently, never use because all your hacking is done through AR. Is it just so you can use your dick imprint to unlock it?
>>
>>49559154
Probably that and feature creep.
>>
>>49559154
This brings up a valid question.

How unique is the imprint of a dick?
>>
>>49559216
Just the dick itself? Not very, and it'd vary based on how hard you squooshed it against the glass.
>>
>>49559154
Nostalgia. or as back-up/way to interact with it in those cases you cannot go wireless and your datajack is otherwise occupied.
>>
>>49559258
How unique would it be if you slammed that mother down with the force of an angry god?
>>
>>49559334
Still not very, man. Your dick doesn't technically have normal skin or any kind of prints, and your scrotum's skin doesn't have any sort of special pattern. Might be a bit tricky to replicate, but not close to impossible.
>>
>>49559372
What if you combined it with voice recognition software so you'd have to give an enthusiastic "HUHN" when you slammed it down?
>>
>>49559407
>not 'take it you whore'

You had one job.
>>
>>49559407
Better, but still not perfect.
>>
>>49559444
I thought of that, but you're not banging it in the biblical sense, so it makes less sense.

Nice trips, by the way
>>
>>49559154
... just a little more thought might have gotten you there.

It's how you use the device before you have AR / simsense set up, or if your trodes/gloves/other get damaged. Better than being cut out of your niche because your gloves got wet, or you didn't think to buy any way to interface.
>>
>>49534200

Sup /tg/

So I'm making a character currently named something like Lucky Steve or Lucky Pete, whose whole deal is going to be that he is a street smart bruiser jackass who is HILARIOUSLY unlucky. And I don't want him to just be "Low Edge with the Bad Luck trait", I mean everything he does has a good chance of going hilariously wrong and honestly no one can really tell why he's still alive/ gets work.

He's way early in the planning stage so I'd like to hear how you'd put him together. Currently I'm kinda thinking "A lot of tech skills with Gremlins 4" or something. And I know about Borrowed Time, but I'm low on negative quality space here.
>>
Wait, is Nadja Daviar dead? There's an image in Conspiracy Theories p.17 that seems to have a list of news headlines, with the headline "DAVIAR ASSASSINATED" rising in popularity/importance/profit. I'm going to need to make some serious campaign adjustments if she's dead.
>>
Alright, I have a question.

I'm going to be playing a Manipulation mage, focused on the various Shape spells, Petrify, and likely Demolitions for the fun of it.

If you have, for example, Shape Stone, and you want to make an underground base, can you carve out a 100ft tunnel into natural stone with the spell, leave, then recover the 20ft of stone up near the surface with Shape Stone, and have your base down in the mountain underground?

Wouldn't this, effectively, render you practically immune to snooping either magical or technological, unless someone actually figures out the entrance, then blows through 20ft of solid stone?
>>
>>49560886
Astral beings can swim through living earth, and it's GM fiat to say whether the shaped earth that you move into place with Shape Stone would actually count as Living Earth (I'd give it a solid no). Plus, you'd be without a lot of comforts unless you connected your base to certain grids (and subjected yourself to equivalent tracing).
>>
>>49560886
>magical
No.

>technological
As long as you live as an hermit within your cave without any single contact with the rest of the world, yes. But good luck getting jobs that way.
>>
>>49560960
Only astral forms can slow or affect another astral
form. The Earth is solid on the astral plane, just as it is in
the physical world; astral forms cannot pass through it.
Secure facilities are often built underground to keep out
astral intruders. Active weapon foci have a presence in
astral space and can harm an astral form (see Foci, p. 318),
but you must be present on the astral plane to use the fo-
cus in astral combat. Only mana spells affect astral forms.

Seems pretty clear that the earth is solid and impassable, friendo.

As for comforts, generators, underground farms, and the fact that the underground base is primarily a bolt hole/magical lodge, because apparently magical lodges have a giant flashing sign going "THIS NIGGA OWNS THIS, GO FUCK HIM UP" on them permanently because they count as Wards.

As for if it's natural earth, it'd be about as natural as possible. Given that unprocessed water, soil, and hand-carved wood are all as natural as you can get, I can't see why stone that's been moved around would be any different. You're using magic to move it, but you're not altering anything but the shape.

>>49560985
The entire idea is primarily to serve as a magical lodge, bolt hole, and place to stash shit when needed.

Also just because I like the idea of a base and figuring out ways to defend it.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.