[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games Workshop says were approaching the Time of Ending. If this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Emperor_Upon_Throne.jpg (296KB, 1115x1386px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Upon_Throne.jpg
296KB, 1115x1386px
Games Workshop says were approaching the Time of Ending. If this is a reference to the end of the era as we know it then it could mean the emperor dies on the throne with his body finally giving in, or possibly as told in prophecy and hinted at in all the editions that Emperor will be made flesh again.

Would you table the Emperor and his forces in a game?
What impact could this have on the core of the game itself? Would SM chapters still be relevant for sales if the Emperor is a playable unit?
>>
>>49511147
Firstly, we're*

Secondly, it's probably just an excuse to bring the Primarchs back.
>>
>>49511171
>Secondly, it's probably just an excuse to bring the Primarchs back.
Very interesting but wouldnt that be too much from a production standpoint to create new units for each Primarch or would they be tied to their already released chapters which could work?

This should also bring back the SOB as some kind of rebel faction possibly where from the emperor all Primarchs are declared mutants to be destroyed? it would be like a second horus heresy all over again?
>>
>>49511147
>Games Workshop says were approaching the Time of Ending.

40k will get the same treatment that WFB got, and everything you like about it now will be derped to Hell and back beyond repair.

>Would you table the Emperor and his forces in a game?
>What impact could this have on the core of the game itself? Would SM chapters still be relevant for sales if the Emperor is a playable unit?

These are stupid questions.

The first is meaningless, it has no context. Kill yourself.

The second is stupid because it's like saying "would SM chapters still be relevant for sales if Knights and Baneblades are playable units?"
>>
>>49511269
>"would SM chapters still be relevant for sales if Knights and Baneblades are playable units?"
Those units are tied to specific factions thus increasing supplemental sales in those units. Something like having the Emperor would be a single figure or perhaps a unit based set but not as expensive as a BaneBlade and comparable. Would players buy SM units or other units when they could field the Emperor of Mankind who is like a baneblade possibly tat wise but at a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>49511214
Well, very reliable rumour mongers have come out and said the Primarchs coming back is on the cards. What form this will take is anyone's guess. As you say, they could use the FW models, I personally think they'll get new plastic sculpts that are slightly cheaper (but still horrendously overpriced). Traitor Primarchs would obviously need new demon forms.

Many have also said that 40K will get a diluted AoS treatment. I don't think they're going to blow the universe up but the rules are going to be significantly simplified and we'll probably see some lore changes.

Overall I think this statement, the recent plot arch with Eldrad and the Black Crusade series are all tying into a nexus which is making me very worried for the future of 40K.
>>
File: typo.jpg (95KB, 704x514px) Image search: [Google]
typo.jpg
95KB, 704x514px
>>49511171
>>
>>49511383
You see, that shit meme only works if I didn't add anything constructive to the post.

Also see my longer reply here...
>>49511380
>>
File: tldr.gif (403KB, 380x298px)
tldr.gif
403KB, 380x298px
>>49511407
>>
>>49511380
>the rules are going to be significantly simplified and we'll probably see some lore changes.
Making the rules simpler I am not sure is a bad thing, there is some room for improvement without any drastic changes Im sure we can all agree on that? Be great to make getting into games a bit faster with more time spent playing to keep things moving to play longer campaigns?

By lore changes do you mean its new additions to lore? Or changing the past? Cant see them changing the past much right, as many people in the know at GW have hinted this would be built off the existing lore.
>>
File: 1472871490960.jpg (58KB, 432x519px) Image search: [Google]
1472871490960.jpg
58KB, 432x519px
I don't care what they do to the lore, I just want to see the Omega Vault opened
>>
>>49511171
>Secondly, it's probably just an excuse to bring the Primarchs back.
Would be great to revisit the traditional gaming elements we often overlook today. Meaning more of a humans vs chaos as the main staple where today Im sure as we play we find ourselves with many races on the table due to the narrative fitting their use right now as they fill the vacuum of people just fielding chaos.
>>
>>49511147
>warp shenanigans brings back all Primarchs
>also kills a fuckton of succession chapters that aren't popular
>fuck ton of planets fucked
>End Times electric boogaloo
>>
>>49511464
>Ordo Malleus Transmission....
This post with non repeating integers contains Heretical Elements.
>>
>>49511485
>>also kills a fuckton of succession chapters that aren't popular
Do we really need 20 different chapters guarding the eye of terror?
>>
>>49511447
Yeah I'm not totally opposed to rule changes, and this is coming from someone who still plays 8th and was extremely butthurt a year ago. I think AoS is shit, but a concise and precise rule set is always preferable to the mess of 'special' rules we have now. I could maybe even live with removing BS and having a to hit roll or every unit having a 'hit on a X' like in Flames of War.

The lore changes I'm more worried about. Despite certain things like Slannesh being integral to the whole plot of the universe I don't doubt they'll tread on a lot of toes if it means they can remove him/her. I also think bringing Primarchs back is a mistake, there's a time for that and it's 30K.
>>
>>49511544
Come to think of it, BS is an unnecessarily convoluted stat since it's hardly ever modified these days. A stat that directly correlates to the required dice roll would make more sense.
>>
>>49511544
> Slannesh being integral to the whole plot of the universe
Great faction with amazing models still popular for that secondary go to faction when wanting to have a good group of opposing forces to table when ready. Still a fan of necrons here but worry they might be getting the boot? Anyone heard any new info on the future of the Necrons?

>bringing Primarchs back is a mistake, there's a time for that and it's 30K.
Would it be a mistake since they could be covered under a single rule system without specials needed for each one which I gotta agree would kill the playability of the game. To play campaigns in a single day, it could open up new avenues though that would be more refreshing than the typical zerg or green tide we all have gotten used to maybe? Mixing it up using the Primarchs could achieve this?
>>
>>49511464
Your sequential digits bring me great joys in your attempt at using the warp to achieve what you desire, let the Heresy begin!
>>
>>49511634
>A stat that directly correlates to the required dice roll would make more sense.
This makes sense. While they attempted to add a new feature in a way, it just seems like something that sounds better than it plays in the game due to it dragging out turns.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.