[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gish uses magic to supplement their sword skills >gish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: FF5-MysticKnight.png (90KB, 235x225px) Image search: [Google]
FF5-MysticKnight.png
90KB, 235x225px
>gish uses magic to supplement their sword skills
>gish is a swordsman that can sling spells/mage that can flail a sword about
Which is better?
>>
>>49510524
Depends on the system.
>>
>>49510542
Double Cross
>>
>>49510524
Gish that slings spells in the shape of swords that they wield.
>>
Stop saying gish and use more, better words. You can have style and specificity.

Like spellsword, reaver, incantor, battle mage, or runeblade.
>>
>>49510743
Gay, edgy, non-descriptive, Elder Scrolls faggotry, special snowflake.

Come up with better names kiddo
>>
>>49510524
The correct answer is
>Gish can do both
>>
>>49511261

no it's actually

>>49510542
>>
>>49512325
We're speaking hypothetically here, irrespective of system. In this scenario, it stands to reason that the best, i.e. most effectively designed, "gish" would be one that is well rounded between physical combat and magical combat, and is also capable of supplementing their physical ability with magic enhancements.

This is one of the reasons Bards are considered one of the best classes in 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons.
>>
Does everyone in this thread know where the word gish comes from?
>>
>>49512701
Githyanki and/or githzerai (both, I think?) call their multiclass fighter-wizards "gish" in their native tongue, if I recall.
>>
>>49512701
Dungeons and Dragons, of course. It's the word in the Gith language for "Warrior Mage."

In system rules that would originally have been specifically a Wizard-Fighter multiclassed character.
>>
>>49510798
>gish
>retarded sounding and makes no sense to anyone not familiar with dnd
>somehow better

fuck off kid
>>
>>49510743
The implications of those are all highly system-specific.

>>49510524
I think there's flavor to both. I personally like gishes that focus on melee for actual combat with a more out-of-combat ritual and utility focus to their magic. An magic they use to give themselves an upper hand in combat will probably be cast beforehand and effect the environment rather than either party directly. Maybe one or two high-level panic button spells, but that's it for actual in-combat casting. It's good for adventurer researcher types.
>>
>>49512778
Not him but only "battle mage" gets the point across without implying something specific.
>>
File: TOP GUN KNIGHT.jpg (94KB, 453x352px)
TOP GUN KNIGHT.jpg
94KB, 453x352px
>>49510524
>>49510743
>>49510798

Warrior Mage or Battle Mage or SpellSword all get the point across better than Gish.

If a random relative asks you what class you play you'll probably just say Battle Mage or something like it, because "Gish" means fucking nothing to anyone not intimately acquainted with RPGs.
>>
>>49512539
This.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.