[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when your players cancel two hours before the game >when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: iamokayiswear.jpg (98KB, 544x626px) Image search: [Google]
iamokayiswear.jpg
98KB, 544x626px
>when your players cancel two hours before the game
>when you've been saying you were playing today all week
>when you didn't go out yesterday night in order to study so you'd have time to play today
>when literally all your time this week was spent either studying, prepping the game, working out, or sleeping
>mfw today's game was going to be my only human contact this week

should I kill myself now?
>>
>>49504010
Fuck them and go out.
Or stay in and wallow in self pity, whatever you want.
>>
>>49504010
>when literally all your time this week was spent either studying, prepping the game, working out, or sleeping
>mfw today's game was going to be my only human contact this week
>should I kill myself now?
yes
>>
>>49504030
b-but today's sunday man
nobody goes out on sunday
>>
>>49504010
Hey, at least you have the game prepared for the next time you play..HAHAHAH, who am I kidding, you won't play again.
Happened the same to me. Being DM does literally not pay. Just buy zombicide or descent or some dungeon crawler with the things already done for you.
>>
>>49504010
Don't kill yourself. Kill them. Then go out and get yourself better players.
>>
>>49504010
Nah, just spend this now available free time studying some more. That way you can have a bit more time off next week.
>>
I'll tell you the truth OP.
You're a good person. You did what was right. I know you feel like killing yourself, but that's just because you are experiencing the injustice of the universe.

There is no recourse, no silver lining, no lesson to be learned.

But you are a good man.

Unless you secretly fuck babies, in which case please do kill yourself.
>>
File: 1393901101563.jpg (106KB, 788x839px) Image search: [Google]
1393901101563.jpg
106KB, 788x839px
>>49504010
I've had this happen to me for the past two weeks. The frustrating part is I put aside time during the week to chip away at session prep while also dealing with my workload, and they still end up flaking out because of THEIR workload, which I know is equal-to-or-less-than mine since we share classes.

Is there a way to improve my players, or should I just check out the market for new models?
>>
>>49504167
>The frustrating part is I put aside time during the week to chip away at session prep while also dealing with my workload, and they still end up flaking out because of THEIR workload, which I know is equal-to-or-less-than mine since we share classes.

This is incredibly infuriating.
I know for a fact I have a lot more to do than them, yet I never cancel. Because I fucking value commitments and other people's time
>>
>>49504139
thanks bro
>>
File: 1470091695028.jpg (61KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
1470091695028.jpg
61KB, 640x580px
I left a game because I can not stand the GM and his manner. Rather than create an atmosphere and ruin it for the others or even him, I just walked away.

Am I a bad person? I believe him to be the type to take it very personally if I was to say anything.
>>
nah come over for beers.
>>
i've had players giving me "maybe"s right up until the day before we're meant to be doing it for the past few weeks, so i just have to not plan anything in the hopes of them being free.

The worst part is that they apparently can't free like six spare hours on a sunday, despite having literally no responsibilities out of Sixth Form besides homework.

At this point i've accepted that they'd much prefer procrastinating and leaving said homework to the last minute as opposed to just getting it out of the way early and playing DnD.
>>
>join new group
>ready to be a playa, got my sheets ready
>old GM left group 2~3 years ago
>forced to be new GM
>Never GM'd befo
>Anyone willing to play my games are beer&pretzels or board game players
>Tell them to make sheets anyway
>Spend entire week translating & writing out character creation rules through email
>One week later, they show up
>no sheets

kill me now
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.