[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General: Marius Leitdorf edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 44

File: Best man.jpg (72KB, 330x494px) Image search: [Google]
Best man.jpg
72KB, 330x494px
Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy. Some people are still SJW level triggered by endtimes so I'm required to say that you should limit discussion about it since its seen as the start of AoS even though this hasn't stopped anyone. If anything, please limit the shitposting. If you don't like something (like Endhammer) just ignore it.
Also, why count Leitdorf was/is best count.

Link to last thread:>>49460732

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

As you managed to let old general die I repost the basics, please shitpost with care.
>>
Karl Franz arranged for Marius Leitdorf to be killed.
>>
>>49499343
>brings count who is the biggest liability to the empire armies into a conflict that could change their history forever if it made it out of blackfire pass
>lets him fight the orc warlord first

Karl was setting him up for failure
>>
Who is the best knightly order and why is it the order of the blazing sun?
>do other things than fighting
>want to help people have a better life
>teach little empire kids to read.
>have libraries where they preserve knowledge
>worship a qt goddess
>said goddess is not an elf.
>shiny armor
>everyone loves them
>aren't disgusting to look at like the Ulricans.
>>
File: 1459221496825.jpg (25KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
1459221496825.jpg
25KB, 256x320px
>>49500324
>call themselves knights
>can't play a lute on horseback and still fight the enemy
>>
What does a babby orc look like?
>>
>>49502098
Like a regular orc but a bit smaller. theyre pretty independant and can fight from the moment they're born
>>
>>49502256
>wot you larfin' at, 'oomie? I'z gonna krump ya proppa!
>>
>>49502098
Like a noxious smelling mushroom
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 200x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 200x388px
>>
Any ideas on how to convert kislevs?
Free company is dead, Bretonnians are dead and those are the usually bits I see used for conversions along with greenstuff fur hats and cuffs.
>>
File: 1458943432022.jpg (109KB, 800x793px) Image search: [Google]
1458943432022.jpg
109KB, 800x793px
>>49502608
At this point, you should start looking for third-party models. Maybe mix in some Norse Marauders for mustaches and beards.
>>
File: cdaeaa19014ea964137c9cf57570b7fd.jpg (163KB, 594x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cdaeaa19014ea964137c9cf57570b7fd.jpg
163KB, 594x1600px
>>49502608
>>
>>49500324
Probably because it's the Order of the Raven.
>knights of Morr
>black armor
>keep undead in their place
>silence on duty and in battle
>creepy as all hell
>some think they're undead
>the most devout cut our their tongues
>>
>>49502801
>creepy
>deal with corpses
>mutilate themselves
fucking emos.
>>
File: image.jpg (665KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
665KB, 1920x1080px
If you were dropped into the Warhammer world (Fantasy) right now as you are in your normal attire and all your current knowledge - approximately 20 years before the "End Times" - where would you prefer to land?

you can take a rucksack full of our world stuff, what would you take?

And finally what would you do? How would you survive? Who would you seek out?

I would want to be plonked down in Middenheim, would have a rucksack filled with two pistols and a fair amount of ammo and some Warhammer reference books - the old World of Warhammer one that detailed each race and their history and had a time line.

I would seek out Gotrek and Felix and stick to these two like fucking glue (best chance of survival) and just try to get the empire and dwarves to build a big fuck off Trump style wall half way through Kislev, cause the auric bastion is shitty
>>
>>49502843
>where would you prefer to land?
Marienburg. My inner-dorf wants to say Barak-Varr or the Everpeak, but I don't think I'd be able to blend in or get by unnoticed there. Plus I am stupidly afraid of heights.

>what would you take?
My WFRP gear - specifically stuff like the Marienburg and Middenheim guidebooks, but also anything I can get on the 'End TImes' - getting that info into the hands of people who could make a difference would be my primary goal if I wanted to enjoy a retirement. Other than that, I'd grab a few of my science text-books, some sheet music and maybe my kindle loaded with as much reference books as I can find and a solar-charger. Swap all my money over for gold/silver. Given the current prices of gold and silver and their value in the Old World, I'd probably want more silver.

>And finally what would you do? How would you survive? Who would you seek out?

Set myself up in Marienburg. Start plagiarizing my ass off - sheet music, plays, books, scientific treatise, whatever I have in my Kindle. Use my Marienburg guidebook to keep out of the worst danger and get a bit of a headsup to any shit that might befall us.

Hopefully after doing that for a bit and getting a name set up for myself I might be able to write up about the End Times and have someone listen to my warnings.

Also...

>I would seek out Gotrek and Felix and stick to these two like fucking glue (best chance of survival)

Those two literally throw themselves at danger on a regular basis because one is a suicidal psychopath with a death fetish and the other is too dumb/scared to not follow him. The number of people who die around them is retarded. You're going to die.
>>
>>49503359
>I might be able to write up about the End Times and have someone listen to my warnings.
becoming a flagellant sounds like a very shitty life
>>
How much time before GW decides it's better to bring bak fantasy and does a "avoid end times" AoS story where sigmar goes back in time and squishes Mannfred on the head?
>>
>>49503493
Never. AoS is a significantly better game and selling much better over all.
>>
>>49503529
so it begins.
>>
>>49503381
>becoming a flagellant sounds like a very shitty life

Nah, don't have to go around screeching. If, after publishing who-knows-how-much on science, the arts, music and what the fuck ever else I can get my hands on they still don't listen to my 'hey, this shit could happen', then they deserve what they get.

The real trick is how to make sure that what I'm writing spreads out beyond just the Empire.

I'd be tempted to write it up in Khazalid, but I think that might get me killed.
>>
>>49503706
Its not like imperials don't know eltharin, elves like books.
>>
>>49503729
>Its not like imperials don't know eltharin,

As a rule, I'd say that your standard citizen of the Empire who was educated enough to read probably couldn't read Eltharin.
>>
>>49499456
>>49499343
Kral Franz is a fishmen in disguise.
Summon elector counts, we must deal with the imposter.
>>
File: chaos 2.jpg (226KB, 856x1104px) Image search: [Google]
chaos 2.jpg
226KB, 856x1104px
Anybody have a PDF of Forge of War?
>>
>>49503884
This action does not have my consent!
>>
>>49502843
Gather everything i can on the end times and the period i appear in.

Place is, the imperial palace at altdorf.

Tell franz about something that is going to happen soon to gain his trust, and allow his sorcerers and grand theogonist to scan me for chaos taint.

After gaining his trust, reveal him about parts of end times.
Then travel to meet Finubar, malekith, thorgrim, louen and basically all the "good guys"leaders

Foretell about Valten to luthor Huss, warn about Archaon, and tell them about his true nature.

Then meet my end by going to archaon and calling him a retard, quickly explaining why and how the gods tricked him and telling everyone the truth about him before he feeds me to his chaos spawns
>>
>>49503996
>Place is, the imperial palace at altdorf.

Do you speak Reikspeil? Because I'm pretty sure if you just pop into the Imperial Palace with a shitload of books printed in a language they can't understand, you're going to get splattered really quick.

Even assuming that Reikspeil = English, what makes you think they'll not just lock you up and take all the material you have on the End Times and go over it themselves?
>>
>>49504009
Either way it's a win. I just need for someone to believe what's written in the books, no need to survive.
I wouln't even want to live in the warhammer world, where drinking water gives you Nurgle's rot

I was going to specify tha i also have copies of book in reikspiel, but didn't bother assuming that you automatically know the language of the place you spawn in
>>
>>49502843
>you can take a rucksack full of our world stuff, what would you take?
Sun charger and electronic device filled with all of current knowledge is a best thing you can get, make it two for redundancy purpose.
With bare know how and a bit of luck one could establish himself as one of world's experts in around 5-10 years.
That leaves 10 years for Nuln to make blueprints into real weapons.

Being everchosen with nice artifacts in nice, but what will you do when you are subject to indirect artillery fire from 20 miles?
Chaos gets rekt before kislev, GG, no re
In next 100 years population doubles, industrial output skyrockets. Norscans, hung, kurgan can't hope too keep up with it.
>>
>>49502608
You could use historical minis of cossacks and the like. Perry has good ones iirc. Fireforge does mongols. In terms of armament there might be some overlap.
Pretty sure if you check out the Foundry page you'll find something useful too.

Frostgrave has a barbarian box coming out next, maybe there is some useful stuff in there too. Bearded manly men etc. Might be just as useful for Ulricans or as Marauders.
>>
>>49502843
>If you were dropped into the Warhammer world (Fantasy) right now as you are in your normal attire and all your current knowledge - approximately 20 years before the "End Times" - where would you prefer to land?

Some cosy Bretonnian city.

>you can take a rucksack full of our world stuff, what would you take?

Guns and ammo.

>And finally what would you do? How would you survive? Who would you seek out?

Embrace Chaos, hope the Gods find me interesting enough, seek immortality.

>I would seek out Gotrek and Felix and stick to these two like fucking glue (best chance of survival)

Only if you're Gotrek or Felix their other companions typically don't fare so well.

>try to get the empire and dwarves to build a big fuck off Trump style wall half way through Kislev, cause the auric bastion is shitty

I doubt they'd have the time, resources or inclination.
>>
File: image.jpg (413KB, 1407x1062px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
413KB, 1407x1062px
How would you do fluff and crunch for the living Nehekarans?
>>
>>49506962
Going from the william king Nagash books, like good aligned chaos warriors with less armor and more chariots/mounted units
>>
File: hippogryph.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hippogryph.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>49502843
Montfort, but only for now.

I would take a revolver and some ammo, and climbing equipment. Fill up the rest of my rucksack with as many bags of flour as I can.

First, I'd sell as much of my flour as possible to the peasants of Montfort. If a pig is considered a generous reward for them, I can likely make a lot of money off of a few cups of flour in the right places - or at least get a lot to barter and use myself or sell later. I'd try to get a hunting bow and arrows if I could.

Then, I'd use my climbing equipment to get up into the Grey Mountains and steal a hippogryph egg from its nest. I'd bring it back down and help it hatch and raise it. I'd probably have to sell a lot of what I've gained to keep it fed, or spend weeks trying to learn how to hunt to get it some meat, maybe even run from the nobility, but whatever I'd have to do would be worth it: I'd have a hippogryph, a mount that would give me considerably more status just by having it, and would allow much freer travel of the Old World without risking bandits or beastmen or Orcs. I'd just have to stop around mealtimes and probably hunt for my hippogryph's supper.

But what I'd do, I don't know. I'm stuck wearing a LoZ shirt, so I might try to claim a gold eagle on a green field is my heraldry and set myself up as a knight. I could also try setting myself up as a mercenary - it's a huge risk, but it's a little easier when you have a goddamn hippogryph.
>>
File: 1437169115878.jpg (900KB, 1944x1404px) Image search: [Google]
1437169115878.jpg
900KB, 1944x1404px
>>
File: Schwarze_korsaren.jpg (69KB, 404x606px) Image search: [Google]
Schwarze_korsaren.jpg
69KB, 404x606px
Druchii bump.
>>
File: 1462106388253.png (549KB, 386x570px) Image search: [Google]
1462106388253.png
549KB, 386x570px
>>
I was thinking of starting another 9th age army. Toss up between scaven and tomb kings. Not sure what kind of 3rd party modles I would use or just get GW ones
>>
File: image.jpg (435KB, 893x1274px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435KB, 893x1274px
>>49510796
>brets BTFO once again
Bretonnia is literally the NPC faction that all the other 8ed armies beat up on. Why does anyone even like this piece if shit faction? Post more brets gettin rekt
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 749x688px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 749x688px
>tfw based Marius calls you out on your ugly as fuck wife so you launch a crusade only to get BTFO by guns
Bretonnia is a joke
>>
>>49511690
>>49511799
>>I don't like faction
>>They get beaten in a book I wrote
It's like Batman getting oneshot because the guy writing it doesn't like Batman. Cool your opinions down.
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 750x1334px
>>49511832
But it happens all he time
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 429x1320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 429x1320px
>>49511832
>>
>>49511918
>>49511953
That's the point. In everyone's army book there are examples of all other armies getting their asses kicked. The only difference is that GW couldn't be arsed to make a 7th or 8th edition Bretonnia book so it's like insulting a person online but they can't respond because they don't have a keyboard.
>>
>>49511832
Literally every army book/codex
>>
>>49511832
Except in this case, every other army is Batman or the Flash, and Brets are like...I dunno, Booster Gold.
>>
>>49512119
Shut your mouth, I love Green Lantern.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 350x530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 350x530px
>>49511998
Tomb kings only have 2 losses in other rulebooks, to the Ogres and dark elves. The ogres ended up getting wiped out and the dark elves got chased out and had to kill half their army just to escape.

Tomb KANGZ comfirmed best
>>
>>49512402
They just didn't matter.

They sit around on their bony asses in the desert. The only time they get up is to shout 'get off my lawn'.

I mean I like Tomb Kings, but they just didn't do much. And they weren't their own army for that long either.
>>
in 9th age whats the fucking point of nurgle demons?

they only gave them a fucking 5++ regen save, which does nothing since they already fucking have a 5++ demon save.

are the 9th age guys just retarded or was it a personal hatred of nurgle?
>>
what's the best army for a beginner?
>>
>>49512788
Ogres, maybe Warriors of Chaos. Low model count compared to everyone else and fairly simple tactics of 'kill everything before they kill you'.
>>
This thread is teaching me that a lot of fa/tg/uys are semi-delusional about how long they'd last in the Warhammer world, or what they could really get away with.

Massive lols from the guy who thinks climbing a mountain and stealing a hippogryph egg would be a casual venture.
>>
>>49512834
>stay in city
>dont join cults
>Pray to not get Mordheim'd
Its that easy.
>>
>>49512969
Exactly.

Fuck, if you're really daring you can try appearing in to a Druchii city and attempting to sell Malekith on the idea that 'Hey, you were right all along, and this is all the shit that is about to go down in the next 20 years.'
>>
>>49513173
"Hm, so you're saying I actually WAS the true Phoenix King all along?"
"Torture him anyway."
>>
File: chaos_dwarf_slayer_by_igorvet.jpg (276KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
chaos_dwarf_slayer_by_igorvet.jpg
276KB, 900x1165px
Have some Dawi Zharr.
>>
>>49513601
>>"Uh, I'd feel safer parking the Black Ark over there. Kick some ass!"
>>
>>49513173
>>49513328
hey, if birdman can walk into grimmy's compound...
>>
File: 1471102769588.jpg (699KB, 1536x1984px) Image search: [Google]
1471102769588.jpg
699KB, 1536x1984px
>>49513601

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49512834
If the anon is giving himself twenty years to learn the skills he needs and prepare himself, maybe he'd manage it. Though it makes me wonder how the hell the peasants do it.
>>
>>49514465
>20 years to prepare.
>This board is for 18+
>So best case scenario you have until you're 38 to get it done.

Most of us are soft from easy living. If we practice at it, most of us might get good enough to be a passable swordsmen or archer. But skills like that are the sort of thing that you really need to be training in since a young age to get appreciably good at.

And most of us aren't 18. We're probably all in our mid 20s to 30s at best. We're over the hill, by relative standards.

Our best bet for really making a change is using what we all have - an education, literacy and inside knowledge.

We don't need to be the guys putting ourselves in harms way.
>>
>>49512834
>all these idiots thinking that anyone in universe is going to believe them because they have sourcebooks
The delusion is real. Best case scenario, they think you're just some random peasant with stupid ideas. Most likely scenario, they lock you up in the sanatorium or burn you for heretical texts that foretell the end of the world
>>
>>49515423
That's assuming a lot. That he's going to take all twenty years to learn how to do something, that he doesn't have skills at climbing or shooting beforehand...a fair number of anons are military or ex military, or do some form of athletic activity. I can't say I'm one of those people, but not everyone here is necessarily a wizard instead of a fighter.

If a Bretonnian peasant can manage to climb a mountain and get a hippogryph egg, I think an anon could manage it.
>>
>>49515499
>If a Bretonnian peasant can manage to climb a mountain and get a hippogryph egg, I think an anon could manage it.

Dude, I'm not even sure most fa/tg/uys could manage to climb to the top of a ladder.
>>
>>49502843
Doesn't matter where, become a Nurgle cultist and live happy in granpa's embrace

Sounds like the only chance for a happy life for common people
>>
Are there any good rules in WFRP 2e for greenskin magic?
>>
>>49516786
Not in 2e, but it's easy enough to retrofit the 1ed rules for it.
>>
Daily reminder that the Order of the Blazing Sun is by far the best knightly order because along with reasons mentioned earlier, they also do magical flame damage.
>>
I feel like WFRP 2e gives little option for classes exclusive of certsin races.
Are there any books about new classes for dwarves, elves and halflings?
>>
>>49517303
Why'd you feel a need to post a reminder of what is literally the third post in the thread?
>>
>>49517483
>Are there any books about new classes for dwarves, elves and halflings?

Stone and Steel for the Dwarfs, Apocrypha 1 and 2 for Elves and Halflings.

Not that Halflings deserve to have any race-specific career options.
>>
>>49517517
because myrmidia is best goddess.
>>
>>49517566
What do you want? For someone to sperg out and say gb2 TW:WH? Or are you afraid that the thread will just fall off the board and you don't have anything worthwhile to add so you just feel the urge to post something vaguely inflammatory?
>>
>>49517587
TW:WH is the only remaining piece of WHFB content that is actively supported by GW.

Also, I read the Knights of the blazing son book.

Wish josh reynolds wrote more.
>>
Will they ever bring back muh Tomb Kings?
>>
>>49517597
>Wish josh reynolds wrote more.

There we go, now you've got something worthwhile to post. Would you recommend the Blazing Son book as a must read?
>>
>>49517609
yeah.
Gives you a nice look at marienburg, shows that there is more to norscans than blathering chaos retards, has a tzeenchian plot and a qt norscan waifu.
>>
>>49517631
Once I've finished Brunner the Bounty Hunter, that'll be my next read. What's it called?
>>
>>49517693
Knight of the blazing sun.
>>
>>49517693
Is there a place to find Brunner online? Same with Witch Hunter. The usual links don't have all the novels.
>>
>>49518375
I wanted to say the Pastebin links in OP post, but it looks like it's dead - sorry anon. Best bet is google and the usual illicit locations.
>>
guy who assembled the pastebins in the OP here. Has anyone checked the links for activity since they were put together 1.5 years ago?
>>
>>49517587
>post something vaguely inflammatory?
Nice.

Very nice.
>>
So me and my friends are getting into Mordheim and I have picked Norse Explorers.

Does anyone have any experience with them or General Mordheim experience on like weapon options and shit?
>>
>>49502843
Do we automatically speak a language.

>>49502843
Do you have any idea how unhealthy it is to be a G&F side character other than Max, Ulrika, and Snorri?

>>49504253
Probably a few books as backup too, stuff about metalurgy and guncotton. Try to get it to Malakai Makaison and/or Nuln.
>>
>>49517597
He should write a book about Arkhan's adventures (in smootching) post-nagash, pre-end times.
>>
>>49520565
slings
everywhere
>>
Give me an idea for some brutally cunnin' taktiks a roit clever orc boss might use to make the oomies look stoopid.

I already have an idea of stuffing squigs with black powder, then shooting them with fire arrows so they explode.
>>
>>49521098
Good advice in general.
>>
Does anyone actually discuss tabletop games in these threads anymore? Or is it just fluff arguments, vidya, and Endhammer?
>>
>>49521586
And WFRP.
>>
>>49521586
Well the game is effectively complete, what was good 5 years ago is still good now and will continue to be so in the future.
>>
>>49521643
Yeah, but what about lists? Batreps? Tourneys? T9A and KoW?

Nobody seems to talk about playing the game anymore, just faction waifu wars.
>>
>>49521685
Well I like T9A but when we bring it up it starts a shit storm usually.
>>
>>49521586
Most people discuss the game and the lore. It's just a couple idiots, or probably one slav, who keeps stirring up shit. Personally I talk about WFRP a lot.
>>
Does anyone have any documents on scenarios or suggestions for historical battles to fight? Im thinking the best way to get people to play with me right now is by running one shot exhibition matches. It is likely I will be providing the armies, so anything skaven, elf (any color), goblin, or bretonnian is preferred.

Otherwise, does anyone have any favorite historical battles we could discuss? I have always been partial to the battle of pine crags. Its a very personal battle, with the stakes high for the individual participants, but without having a HUGE WORLD ENDING impact on the rest of warhammers events.
>>
Does anybody here play Skaven? I'm looking for inspiration on how to paint them
>>
>>49521852
I really like ninth age. I'm going to a tournament this weekend heres my list

Beastmen
lvl4 soothsayer, death, grounding rod, 5++, general
Wargor bsb, totems, 1+ armor

Core
1 chariot
10x2 ungor raiders w/ scout&ambush
40 gor, ahw, fc, 'khorne' totem, beast banner

Special
6x2 minotaur, ahw, champ, sb

Rare
cyclops
2 jabberwoks, breath weapon
2k points.
Monsters are scoring for this event
>>
>>49521098
Norse can't take slings.

They can take throwing axes though.

What about Melee weapons, whats the best loadouts?
>>
File: 20160926_121728.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160926_121728.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Janicowski the cyclops is almost done!
>>
The chaos forces have chaos warriors, bretonnians have damsels and Grail knights, the ancient nehekarans had their kivinb ushabti, and even the elves have things like the Wild riders and the Phoenix guard. Why don't the empire gods bless their champions like this? It seems like Valten and Magnus were the only ones to come close to this
>>
>>49523539
The human pantheon, and Sigmar, bless their followers ways different from that of other gods. These people are mostly priests.
>>
Is powergaming possible in WFRP?
As intellectual problem.
Core book is quite powergaming proof but we have splatbooks.
For example
Apprentice wizard->journeyman wizard (fire or metal) with familiar could gain 3(6) strikes with strength 7(4). While martial character gets 3 attacks with SB 7 and impact plus maybe magic weapon as top of his advancement.
Wizards cast fire ball or silver arrows of Arha with using boost from magic power empowered by magic focus. Chaos manifestation while using 2+1 dice is not that much of a problem and casting number is low enough to cast spell reliably.

Anybody knows some tricks? Maybe some runes combinations and such.
>>
>>49523539
Warrior Priests of Sigmar regularly manifest miracles. Ulricans, too.

>>49524023
It's very possible. Knight-Errant from Carcassone gets a sword that is effectively best quality AND gives a bonus against fear.

Some of the runes are downright obscene, which you should be able to figure out just by reading them. In general, the DM is meant to gatekeep powergaming.
>>
>>49525100
>In general, the DM is meant to gatekeep powergaming
It's true in all systems, yet there are broken dnd build for lulz as no sane GM should allowed it.
Also by theorycrafting monster PC I can shove it in face of people saying:
>WFRP does not allow powerful characters.
And who knows maybe some day I'll have to make dwarf slayer capable of kilning dragons, alone.
>>
>>49525400
I doubt you can make a slayer kill dragons without liberal use of magic weapons. Their lack of armor is a HUGE limiter - they've just got their TB, and a dragon has more attacks than even top tier slayer has ways to avoid them.

Powerful PCs are quite possible, especially with good rolls. A PC with plate armor and even mediocre TB of 3 has a solid 8 soak.
>>
>>49525400
I wouldn't agree that WFRP doesn't allow powerful characters, only that it's much harder to get there than in other systems. Even if you are powerful a goblin can still get lucky and cave your skull in with a stone tipped spear.

>>49525445
Dragons have Toughness Bonus, starting at 6, and natural armour in the form of scaly skin, which gives them 5 armour points on all areas. Even without any kind of advances, a dragon starts out with 11 reduction to damage and hits harder than most characters do in their second, or even third careers.
>>
So can someone explain to me how the world world or realms work in Age of Sigmar?
Like, is every race on the same planet or what
>>
>>49525524
Everything is poo.

But in all seriousness you'd get better answers in the AoS thread.
>>
>>49525524
Wrong thread m8.

But "Realms" are "near-infinite" and based on an image of the Realm Of Metal, are their own planets. Which have laters, each layer with its own sky. They also change, like constantly. So they'll never get full Realmwide maps.

Most Realms have most races. Elves mainly live in Light, Life, and Shadow. Dwarfs in Metal and Fire. But there's Fyreslayers everywhere.

Look, AoS isn't made to make sense. In fact, its mostly one giant handwave so nothing has to be consistent. Its Heroes Of The Storm: Warhammer. Go with the flow or quit.
>>
>>49523523
Neat!
>>
>>49525472
And 6 attacks, while trained PC can get rid of 2 by parring and dodge it leaves ~2 SB 6 impact, AP hits.
While most tanky dwarven weapon master have
TB of 8 and 5 armor to total 13 soak, SB of 7 and 22 wounds to dragons 55.
Without magic dwarf will nearly certainly loose.
But having runic one handed weapon with 3 runes of might (journeyman runeshimth is able to do it) our hero have 3 attacks with strength 28 that adds to 69 points of damage on average roll of 6 each.
He have a reasonable chance to kill dragon in one turn.
Unless there is rule that forbids stacking the same non master rune three times on one item.
Runes can be temporary as dragon will be dead in less than a minute.
>>
>>49502608
The chinaman sells Brettonian Recasts I believe if you're into that.

That being said, don't think he has free company's.

>TFW I got a Empire free company from the local gamestore for 25 bucks recently.
>Was literally the last WFB kit they had in the store.
>>
>>49503529
Gameplay's not in question, I think he's referring to setting, which in AOS's case, most can agree is shit.
>>
>>49525472
Yeah. And they have, what, 4 or 5 attacks? Just regular melee attacks? They're an 'out of context' problem, especially if you're like me and make their breath attack force a check to avoid being set on fire. Not that I've sicced a dragon on my PCs. Yet.
>>
>>49525734
>>Unless there is rule that forbids stacking the same non master rune three times on one item

It's called the Rule of Three.
>>...The same rune cannot be inscribed more than once on a single item.

Even with all these fancy runes a dragon can tear a dwarf to shreds before he even gets to attack, who also has to deal with Unstoppable Blows which is -30% to parry. Along with Flying, breathing fire, terror, you'd better have some equally equipped friends with you if you want to stand a chance against a dragon. And that's even before your GM gives it a career and advances.

It's basically a cutscene monster, not really intended to be fought unless you've managed to get really, really far into the career system.

>>49525792
I jimmied up a blindwyrm and one character, after getting his foot caught in the broken flagstones he was standing on, got caught in the direct path of its breath attack. Needless to say he was burnt to a crisp.
>>
File: World_warhammer.jpg (303KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
World_warhammer.jpg
303KB, 1024x768px
I can't believe it's really gone.
>>
>>49526020
It's still here in us.
>>
>>49526020
It isn't.

Warhammer is a multiverse. AoS is Ultimate Warhammer. Except there's no Ultimate Spider-man or black Nick Fury to be the good portion.
>>
Things our Bretonnian has killed/defeated, with party aid

-A gigantic retard strength mutant
-A bunch of Stormvermin
-Some Eshin assassins
-A customized werewolf, twice (made it retreat once with 0 wounds).
-A Rat Ogre
-A Strigoi vampire count
-An orc biggun
-A Norscan champion
-A bunch of assorted trash skaven, bandits, thugs, and suicide assassins

Please send help.
>>
>>49526448
Send a Blood Dragon to personally challenge him every so often. Defeat doesn't mean death as he could stop the duel before it becomes lethal, encouraging your knight to hone his skills until he's up to the challenge.

I did this and stressed that honour is satisfied if he puts up a good fight and can stop fighting.

The Blood Dragon was his grandfather who disappeared on the Grail Quest and wanted him not to make the same mistake he did.
>>
>>49526503
I really like this idea.
>>
File: 1459125434003.jpg (245KB, 1240x771px) Image search: [Google]
1459125434003.jpg
245KB, 1240x771px
>>49526020
You only lose what you don't fight for.
>>
>>49527161
Planet goes boom. Everybody ded. You ded. You cannot fight. You lose.
>>
>>49527274
Again, multiverse.

Warhammer is still canon. SoC was a different universe, ET/AoS, Blood Bowl, WAR, TW:W, 40k, old edition Warhammer, and a continuing 8e. All different Warhammer universes.
>>
>>49527604
GW is not an american capecomic company.
They retcon until their IP is a convoluted mess instead of creating a mess of hundreds of separate universes, alternate earth and crossover story lines.
>>
>>49527754
But enough SoC and post-SoC literature exist that it can stand on its own as its own alternate universe.

Even then, the planet blowing up didn't mean everyone died. GW's official stance for a while is that bits of the world would crash into each other, with armies on them, so that people could still have battles after the End Times were over.
>>
File: Nagash.jpg (203KB, 1363x698px) Image search: [Google]
Nagash.jpg
203KB, 1363x698px
would this song fit more for the undead legion?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B7qRs5epcA
>>
>>49527940
Of course.

I fully intend to have skeledoots when my PCs encounter an undead army.
>>
File: 8c8.gif (1022KB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
8c8.gif
1022KB, 375x212px
>>49528000
>>
Endhammer question:

How were people feeling about that Nehekaran invasion of the Empire featuring Bretonnia, the Dwarfs, and the Greenskins/Vampire Counts?
>>
>>49527754
>GW is not an american capecomic company.

But anon.

Most capeshit writers are British.
>>
>>49528961
No offensive, but I'm pretty sure most people stopped caring about Endhammer.
>>
>>49529278

None taken.

I'm surprised you feel that way, though. These threads tend to spark some really good Endhammer discussions.
>>
>>49528961
I didn't like it. I don't like attempts to make a story. I prefer building a setting.
>>
>>49529306
This. If you have a billion things going on in the setting at once, either the setting feels completely unstable, or the resolution of the things loses all meaning.

Someone should build a fairly stable setting, and then leave enough room for players to make their own campaign and decide the Nehekaran issue.
>>
>>49522606
Give spears to your cheap heroes. Give 2h weapons to your heavy hitters - keep them together. It's a great combo.

>>49524023
Depends on the edition.

In 1ed it was entirely possible to start a Dwarf Character with Toughness 8.

>WFRP does not allow powerful characters.

This is fairly true, after a fashion. You can max out your character with every advance in the book, and you'd still be able to die to one blow.

>>49525734
>But having runic one handed weapon with 3 runes of might
>Dwarf Rage Rising
Doesn't work like that, matey-poo.

>>49528165
God bless that movie.

>>49528961
I'm liking it, but to be fair I'm not a massive fan of Endhammer. I just like some of the ideas they come up with, and I'm planning on using some for my Post SoC WFRP group.
>>
>>49523539
the miracle of floppy hats lad.
>>
>>49529403
A billion things works great in D&D, every city has a plot hook and every stone has importance. It works great for Warhammer, but only as the suggestion something may happen. Not something confirmed to be happening.

That's why Chaos lore is shit (I say that as a Chaos player). Too full of guarentees, or things in motion. Not enough implication of future events.
>>
>>49523539
>Why don't the empire gods bless their champions like this?
Have you seen their facial hair?
>>
What are the best novels featuring Dwarfs? One of my guys rolled a Dwarf for a replacement character and wants to do it right, so he needs examples of speech, mannerisms, and culture.

Do not say Gotrek and Felix.
>>
>>49529958
>so he needs examples of speech, mannerisms, and culture.
Basically they're hypocritical cunts that look down on everybody else when they're not drunk, hate elves and their pride in being dwarves amounts to borderline racism towards other species.
But they're clever enough to know they're better off working with humans.
Humility is not their strong suit and their understanding of personal honor is absurd by human standards.

I can't really think of any books where dwarves are the main characters. And most interesting or alright dwarves are dwarven outcasts like Gotrek or Gurnisson.

Basically imagine the most insufferable neckbeard being able to act out every antisocial impulse he has without reproach.

Male to female ratio is apparently 4:1 so i wouldn't be surprised if they had some kind of complex about that too. Might also explain their disposition./spoiler]
>>
>>49530066
>Spotted the Elf Fag.

>>49529958
>a replacement character and wants to do it right

What sort of character does he want to play? I mean, if you want to play a two dimensional stereotype, then >>49530066 isn't too bad a start really. Just add more character and depth to it, but it'd form a descent start.

If you want ideas on how to play a dwarf then I'd recommend:

>Daemonslayer.
Yes, it's a Gotrek and Felix novel, but other than Kinslayer it's got the most Dwarf Characters in the series in one place and shows a wide range of different types of dwarf - including the most modest, soft spoken and non-alcoholic Dwarf I've ever seen in Warhammer.

>Dwarfs: Stone and Steel
Not a novel, but the Dwarf supplement for 1ed. A great wealth of information and makes for a fun read.

>Grudge Bearer, Oath Breaker, Honour Keeper
I'm not a fan of the novels, but they're your standard 'Dwarf' stories.
>>
>>49529958
The only novels I have read featuring dwarves are the skaven end times novel and the neferata novel.
>>
>>49530066

Show me where the big bad Longbeard touched you.
>>
>>49530218
>Spotted the Elf Fag.
Elves are even worse.

>>49530294
Dwarves are just somewhat boring desu.

But aside from the way I put it, it's a fairly accurate description from all the sources I have had at my disposal.
To be fair though there were a few times mentions of Dwarves who went into imperial cities as traders. They seem kind of 'undwarfy' though, i.e. not representative of the common dwarf.
They're fonder of gold and comfort than pride of their heritage it seems.
>>
>>49530338
>To be fair though there were a few times mentions of Dwarves who went into imperial cities as traders.

More than a few, given that there are neighborhoods of dwarfs in most major cities of the Empire.

>Dwarves are just somewhat boring desu.

How do you figure? They seem just as capable of complexity as humans, or any other player race.

I mean, if you're relying on the species of your character to make your character interesting then you're doing something wrong.
>>
>>49530369
>How do you figure? They seem just as capable of complexity as humans, or any other player race.
I've never read a story about a Dwarf who wasn't a Slayer or part of a timeline.
Just seems unless you are a disgrace or a King your are just an utterly meaningless cog in the machine that is Dwarven society.

I can't think of any named civilian Dwarves.

Just my experience with WHFB over the last two decades. Your impression may be different. I admit I never actively went hunting for Dwarf related content, though I read almost all 6th edition armybook and a bunch of 5th and 7th edition ones.
>>
>>49530405
>I've never read a story about a Dwarf who wasn't a Slayer or part of a timeline.
>I never actively went hunting for Dwarf related content
>unless you are a disgrace or a King your are just an utterly meaningless cog in the machine that is Dwarven society.

Ah, so your only experience with the Dwarfs of Warhammer is through the army game - makes sense that you'd get a skewed perspective. There's nothing wrong with not finding an army interesting enough to want to find out more about them - but it does seem a little short sighted to then think that means that there is a problem with the race as a whole.

I mean, it'd be like me complaining that the humans are boring as hell because all they do is fall to chaos and fuck all the time, when I haven't read anything about them outside of a few army books and hadn't gone to any effort to learn more.
>>
So there are no short stories or books that focus on or at least heavily feature Dwarfs that live in the Empire? There must be something.
>>
>>49530467
>but it does seem a little short sighted to then think that means that there is a problem with the race as a whole.
Ah, I read a few BL books too.

Thing is, the way they are characterized is not just 'stubborn and proud', it all to often ends up being plain stupid. Not haha-silly, just dumb.
Going to war because you were shortchanged two pennies. Becoming a slayer because you spilled mead. Things like that. Could be that they are meant to be endearing or funny, but the tone of the writing just never did anything for me.

Dwarves in general as a fantasy race can be a lot more interesting, I've just never seen an example in WHFB that I enjoyed.
So I guess what I'm saying is I don't have a problem with the race itself, just with the style of writing of what I've read.

Of course you are right though, my perspective is therefore skewed by personal preference and any individual Dwarf could have any personality you could imagine.
I'm kind of in a grumpy mood right now. Went on bit of a rant there.
>>
>>49530559
Come to think of it in the Tales of the Old World omnibus is a collection of stories featuring the same group of adventurers a few times.
Mixed races one of them a dwarf.

Read like it could be based on a WHRP game basically.

Don't remember much about it though.
>>
>>49530572
>Things like that. Could be that they are meant to be endearing or funny, but the tone of the writing just never did anything for me.

What most people miss - which is actually something that endears me to the Trollslayer series - is that Dwarfs aren't human.

They don't think like humans. They don't behave like humans.

People see this as dumb because they're trying to put a human perspective on an abhuman race. It's fairly on the nose most times, but all the depictions of Dwarfs have been fairly consistent in trying to maintain that air of alienness to their thinking.

The really un-dwarfy dwarfs are the ones you can understand, or who make sense in their behavior. Varek Varigsson is a great example of this.
>>
>>49530572
I think thats supposed to be a fatal flaw, like in a bad greek tradgedy
>>
>>49531099
>a bad greek tradgedy
>>
>>49522383
>Does anybody here play Skaven? I'm looking for inspiration on how to paint them
Grab "Uniforms and Heraldry of the Skaven" and have a read. The most important tidbit to glean, other than all the example paintjobs, is that Skaven armies almost NEVER comprise only a single clan. Any given force is going to be 90% borrowed troops from a mishmash of clans.
>>
>>49529958
The time of legends one with ekrund is pretty good.
>>
How do you make an orc a recurring enemy?

Kinda like the shadow of mordor thing, where the orc just keeps coming back, every time more fucked up ( but also stronger) than before
>>
>>49532344
Cliffs, other gits rushing in, falling into pits, falling out burning buildings, juming on a wyvern, jumping on a warboar...
>>
>>49529958
Dwarfs prize honor and honesty.

One peculiar thing is that they don't break oaths. The dwarf word for oathbreaker is the most grave insult you can possibly use with a dwarf. As a result, a dwarf agreeing to do something in the future who doesn't particularly care for that person personally will be VERY specific in their language, using plenty of 'ifs' and 'whens.' Dwarfs generally abhor contracts (they imply that a spoken oath isn't good enough). Bardin from Vermintide is a good example of how an 'adventurer' dwarf will likely behave, though he is very free in using his khazalid around non-dwarfs. In general, dwarfs regard their language as secret and don't use it around untrusted outsiders save in the briefest sense and without elaboration or explanation.
>>
How an Elf and dwarf females agree to having intercourse with a human?

I imagine a dwarf being easier since all you need to do is woe her with gold.
>>
File: boar boy changes his mount.webm (329KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
boar boy changes his mount.webm
329KB, 720x404px
>>49532704
>jumping on a cannonball.
>>
>>49532766
Did you SERIOUSLY just say what I think you just said, manling?
>>
>>49532766
A dwarf woman would never accept human courtship.
Being materialistic and pragmatic assholes, dwarfs care little about love. To be considered acceptable, a suitor must be abe to offer financial stability by amassing enough gold to be able to sit on it, and show manliness and wisdom by being able to wrap the woman's waist in his beard.

Elves are actually easier, because their hearts are actually more suited for poetry and abstract concept like love or affection and are ready to comprehend, or even accept what a human's heart sings.
That said, elf women are basically yanderes who will castrate you if you look at other women
>>
File: Karl Franz+Naieth OTP.jpg (544KB, 701x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Karl Franz+Naieth OTP.jpg
544KB, 701x1104px
>>49532766
Quite opposite.
>>
>>49532766
>I imagine a dwarf being easier since all you need to do is woe her with gold.

Your bait is weak, but I'll offer you my two cents.

The male/female ratio for dwarfs is 3 to 1. It's not unusual for female dwarfs to have multiple husbands and to be 'inherited' by younger brothers after the death of their husbands. Females tend to have strong positions of power in the Church of Valaya, and although the society is patriarchal they do still prize their women highly. The few instances in the lore of female dwarfs going out adventuring are all treated as exceedingly rare events.

Actually, I'd say there's enough argument there to suggest that people in the Empire might very realistically believe there's no such thing as a female dwarf.

Based on this, in the unlikely event you even find one I'd doubt you'd get a chance.

BUT, assuming that you met one AND assuming you get past the rampant xenophobia, the pressures of their family and upbringing and their views on honour...I guess it'd be possible. Extremely unlikely to the point where you'd be looking at instances in the single digits, but doable.

I honestly doubt banging a female elf would be any easier. I'm not sure on the male/female numbers going around - but assuming there is a 50/50 split then you'd be more likely to find open minded Elf maidens, simply because the elves tend to be more progressive than their dwarfs.

Dwarf or Elf though, the easiest way to get with them is to fuck a dude.
>>
>>49532950
A dwarf would serve Chaos if you gave him enough gold

See Fyreslayers
>>
How would a romantic relationship between a Norscan and a Southerner be viewed in the South and North?
>>
>>49532950
>A dwarf would serve Chaos if you gave him enough gold
>See Fyreslayers

Isn't the gold they accept as payment specifically either bits of the old planet or bits of their god that exploded?
>>
>>49522445
wish you good luck anon! wish I knew more about T9A state of things
>>
>>49532975
In the Empire, there would be mixed reviews. Some people wouldn't give a shit, some hard-core xenophobes would want to kill them.

The Norscans probably don't give a fuck and do it all the time.
>>
>>49532972
>fyreslayers
>having any worth or matter

nigga pls
>>
>>49532975
In the south the paople would be ashamed, and some sigmar-heavy xenophobe believe it's a sign that the southern part of the coulpe is in league with chaos. others, especially young rich damsels, would look at the thing with envious curiosity, viewing the norscan either as a dashing and charmin foreigner or as an exotic hot piece of ass

in the north the norscan would recieve scorn if the southern individual is not a slave or a concubine but an equal to the northern guy, but wuld not give a fuck more or less, believing that the mixed offspring will be too weak to survive in Norsca anyway. For them it's a self-solving problem.
>>
>>49533004
The "Ur-Gold' has essence of their god in them, yes.
>>
>>49532907
>Being materialistic and pragmatic assholes, dwarfs care little about love. To be considered acceptable, a suitor must be abe to offer financial stability by amassing enough gold to be able to sit on it, and show manliness and wisdom by being able to wrap the woman's waist in his beard.

Stone and Steel specifies that while this is normal, a woman always has the final say. The fact that dwarfs frequently take the Slayer oath for losing in love would imply that they do feel love, even if they set it aside for pragmatic reasons.
>>
>>49532972
This is the Warhammer thread.
>>
>>49533206
I don't think dwarfs consider the matter of "love" the same way we do. Being literal and material people, i don't even believe they have an abstract meaning for love as "affection towards another". For them, the concept of dowry and love is probably the same.
Many rejects take the slayer oath not because of a broken heart, but because they failed to live to the expectations of their clan and family, or because they believe to have sinned of pride believing to be richer and more powerful than they really were.

this is my opinion on the matter anyway
>>
>>49533229
Seems unlikely. Dwarfs have a concept of friendship, after all - Felix Jaeger SPECIFICALLY gets named a dwarf-friend, which is apparently vanishingly rare. I imagine acts of duty are far more common than acts of the heart.
>>
>>49533229
Faulty opinion. Gotrek loved his waifu.
>>
>>49533200
>has essence of their god in them, yes.
Grimnir or Gotrek?

>>49533206
It's even implied that whole clans have taken the slayer off after having their females killed or captured.

Although that stupid fucking cover art is a pain to behold.

>>49533229
>What is love?
>Baby don't shave me.
>Don't shave me.
>No more.

With the emphasis they place on their oath, honour and loyalty, as well as the strong bonds they can form between even members of other races, there's no reason to assume they can't form similar bonds with their women.

Mind you, given those same elements of their character, I doubt they'd take a relationship like this lightly.
>>
>>49533247
faulty as it may be, Gotrek is a slayer and is completely insane.

I doubt he can be brough up as an example of the average dwarf
>>
>>49533275
>Gotrek is a slayer and is completely insane.
>I doubt he can be brough up as an example of the average dwarf

I honestly think you don't understand how the Slayer Oath works, or how there are differences between how the human mind works and how the dwarf mind works.
>>
>>49533243
>Dwarfs have a concept of friendship, after all - Felix Jaeger SPECIFICALLY gets named a dwarf-friend, which is apparently vanishingly rare.
> I imagine acts of duty are far more common than acts of the heart.

good point. still as >>49533258 pointed out
>I doubt they'd take a relationship like this lightly.

they probably spend years, if not decades, courting a woman.
I concede they might grow and develop a sense of affection towards their partner, but i feel much of the dwarf marriages would be combined for either economic or status reasons.
>>
>>49533275
Gotrek wasn't insane BEFORE the oath, and his 'madness' is more intense self-loathing and survivor's guilt. He is, if anything, COLDER than most other dwarfs we see in the series.

I imagine when it comes to love with dwarfs, what we dismiss as materialism IS their form of wooing and poetry. Dwarfs are culturally very deed-oriented. Words are for elves.
>>
>>49533287
Slayers are nevertheless voluntary outcasts and borderline in the dwarf societies.
respected or even venerated as they might be, they're no models of average dwarf not-slayer behaviour.
Gotrek of all is an extremely extraordinary character.
>>
>>49533302
>I imagine when it comes to love with dwarfs, what we dismiss as materialism IS their form of wooing and poetry. Dwarfs are culturally very deed-oriented. Words are for elves.

this is what i meant from the start. They just don't make a distinction between the feeling of love and the material acts that follow it
>>
>>49533293
>feel much of the dwarf marriages would be combined for either economic or status reasons.

This is confirmed in the Dwarf sourcebook, but I'd argue that it doesn't necessarily point to an inability to love in their nature. It's just arranged marriages in a society where there is a massive imbalance in gender numbers. We've had similar shit in our own history.

Marrying for love in Dwarf society is almost definitely a luxury - but that doesn't mean that dwarfs can't love.
>>
>>49533317
>They just don't make a distinction between the feeling of love and the material acts that follow it

I disagree. Spending time on crafting a perfect gift for your partner and them appreciating the gift is not a materialistic viewpoint.

I spent two years crafting the engagement ring I used to propose to my wife. The appreciation of that time and effort is not in the material value the object possesses, but in the love and devotion the endeavor represents.

>>49533311
Gotrek is shown to love his wife before he becomes a slayer, and it is the love of his wife that drives him to the acts that eventually saw him take the Oath in the first place.
>>
How widespread is homosexuality among the races?
>>
>>49533419
How big an issue is this in your games that it's worth having a discussion over?
>>
>>49533437
I am just curious. In our world, it was persecuted. Is it the same in the Warhammer seeing as its a copy pf our world?
>>
>>49533449
Depends on where you are, I suppose. Homosexual persecution is very specific based on time and location in human history.

For the most part I'd imagine the Empire wouldn't really give two shits about it - probably seeing it as an affectation that some fops might enjoy, given that they exist in a setting where there are actual soul-devouring vices that can cause literal daemons to tear themselves into existence. Sticking a cock in your mouth doesn't seem that worrying, by comparison.

Interestingly though, the more I think about it the more I suspect that most Dwarfs remain virgins their entire lives.
>>
>>49533419
If I remember right, it's not persexuted, but it is mocked in the Empire. I recall a woodsman threatening to rape Felix once, and he definitely seemed to mean it. So the taboo can't be that strong.

I thought I read once that accusing someone of homosexuality in Estalia would almost certainly get you killed, but I don't remember where.
>>
>>49533419
>Humans
Who gives a shit, more women for us to marry, as long as you're not a Chaos Worshipper.
>Halflings
Fucking anything that moves. Or doesn't move for long enough. Little Caligulas, every one of them.
>Skaven
Would probably kill whoever they fucked afterwards to stop rumours from spreading or letting anyone know what happened.
>Beastmen
Power play for dominance.
>Dwarfs
Uncommon, or unspoken of - lest they tarnish there stupid fucking honour.
>Elfs
Who gives a shit. They've had hundreds of years to master their cocksmithery, it'd would be the height of arrogance to not share that talent with all and sundry based on such a paltry thing as gender.
>Orcs and Goblins
DATS A CRUMPIN'
>Ogres
Wouldn't trust them to not try to eat each other before, after or during. Not sure how these guys even reproduce, come to think of it.
>>
>>49533502
>Not sure how these guys even reproduce,
They have women unlike greenskins.
>>
>>49533531
I imagine it's something like Black Widows and other spiders. The male gives the female something to eat and tries to finish the job before she finishes the meal and decides he'd be a better snack.
>>
How do you feel about rehabilitating skaven on a rat to rat basis?
>>
>>49533573
...what?
>>
>>49533579
From being chaotic evil back stabbers always.
>>
>>49533612
That's just who and what skaven inherently are. It doesn't mean individual skaven can't rise above their instincts, but it doesn't change the fact that they'd still have those instinct.
>>
>>49533612
What?
>>
>>49529439
So 2H weapons on people like the Berserkers because they get frenzy, but on the regular heroes spears. Ok.
>>
>>49533643
Basically. Spears on the cheap heroes is better.

Oh - and helmets, always. Buckler and Sword combo is not to be under-estimated either.
>>
>>49533662
Are 2H weapons preferable over say 2 hand weapons?
>>
>>49533680
Versatility is the key. You want both - the extra attacks are great when trying to put down a guy, the 2h weapons are great for making sure they don't get back up.

Spears are useful because you get to attack first.
>>
>>49533703
So I should have like a mix.

Say a Berserker with a 2 handed weapon and a Berserker with paired weapons.

Looking at the Norse explorer rules, it seems I can't take spears on Bondsmen, the cheap heroes.

Would the alternative be Sword and Shield?
>>
>>49533745

Sword and shield/buckler is the way to go for you. Can any of your henchmen take spears?
>>
>>49533782
Yeah, Henchmen can take spears, it's just heroes who cannot.

I guess I'll link the rules for Norsemen if you never saw them, they're from Lustria cities of gold.

https://www.hong-crewet.dk/Mordheim/Warbands/Norse_Warband.pdf
>>
>>49533798
Alright - recommendations:

1. As with any Mordheim warband, try to start with your maximum compliment of heroes. This will always help you in the long run. For these guys, you're looking at about 290 GC of your 500 GC starting price right there.

2. Take at least three hunters with bows and spears. That's taken you up to 425 GC. These guys are your speed bump. Keep them near your heroes. Being able to attack first when charged makes a huge difference, and the bows will give them situational versatility.

3. Give your Bondsmen and Leader Swords and Shields. 470 GC.

4. Give your Berserkers a 2h weapon and an axe/hammer combo. 493 GC.

5. Give your leader and the Bondsmen daggers. 497 GC.

The lack of armour might be off putting, but the shield/sword and parry abilities afforded by your Norsemen take that role. Don't be afraid to throw your henchmen into the line of fire - that's their job.

So there you go, a nice little 8 man warband for Mordheim with max heroes. Get a fight or two under your belt and you should see some decent returns.
>>
>>49533997
Awesome, thanks alot for the info, this is just what I needed!
>>
>>49534074

Good luck man.

My only other thoughts might be to swap your Wulfen out for some wolves. The wolves won't gain xp, which can actually be a boon - it can keep your team value down which will allow you to earn a higher giant slayer bonus, while still having a solid core of attacking troops.
>>
>>49534173
Wolves have a rule where they cannot be used unless you have the Wulfen ready for the battle sadly.
>>
Wud u pat a skaven?
>>
>>49534678
With an axe!
>>
>>49534678
I have never heard of a nice skaven, let alone a clean one that would be good to pet. I'm surprised it's the hobgoblins with the unique bone to prevent backstabs instead of Skaven.
>>
>>49534927
Skaven society would collapse if such a thing were evolved. Plus they'd just jump the guy if the backstab didn't work. I imagine someone stabbing a hobgoblin in the back wouldn't get the chance to follow up as they're fairly cozy with the Chaos Dwarfs. The Skaven will form a circle and start taking bets.
>>
File: SUMMON.png (513KB, 2212x1734px) Image search: [Google]
SUMMON.png
513KB, 2212x1734px
>>49534678
with ghal maraz.
>>
How would Witchers fare in the Warhammer universe?
>>
>>49535983
Burned by witch hunters.
>>
>>49535983
Unlicensed use of magic, mutations...killed for sure in the Empire or Bretonnia.
>>
>>49535995
this makes me very happy for some absurd reason.
>>
File: grimgor.jpg (54KB, 448x449px) Image search: [Google]
grimgor.jpg
54KB, 448x449px
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>49536337
Do you think he lost his eye when he accidentally poked it too hard?
>>
>>49536373
probably put out by a demonette's nipple
>>
>>49528961
I rather liked it. Very much. Make it a "Campaign for Endhamer" with pitched battles like

"Battle for Pfeildorf. Tomb Kings player gets 2000 points. Empire/Dwarf players get 1500 points between them. Empire and Dwarfs must defend for X number of turns."
>>
File: licantropoVenado.jpg (162KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
licantropoVenado.jpg
162KB, 800x600px
I wanna give an enemy in my players' future a powerful runeweapon that it stole. I don't expect the item to remain in their care for long (it's a dwaf weapon, after all).

I figure that each time this weapon successfully wounds a target, it gets +1 on the next attack, resetting when an attack is dodged, parried, misses, or glances off. Sound fair?
>>
>>49536713
Seems more fair than powerful. Does it have any other runes?
>>
>>49536373
my guess is he tried to close his mouth
>>
>>49536373
I never noticed Grimgor had only one eye before the Total war game.

Always thought he was just squinting
>>
Do elf chicks ever find humans attractive in the lore?

>inb4 morathi
>>
>>49537351
It's rare but does happen. If we're going by the Lady being an elf then she rode Gilles' dick and Bretonnia's first truly crowned king Louis the Rash was a half elf/god.
>>
>>49537351
I don't know.
I do know however that dwarf men like human fuccbois.
Probably because the lack of beard makes it impossible for them to tell males and females apart
>>
>>49537351
>inb4 waifufags and dorffags pushing the elf slut meme
I'm interested as well, please only reliable sources.
>>
>>49533462
Anything that is not "Consensual Sex In The Missionary Position For The Sole Purpose Of Procreating" is one way ticket to stake for conspiracy with Slaanesh.
Maybe drop that consensual part, Empire needs more man to fight and if the citizens are not willing to reproduce fast enough then it is their duty for mankind.

>>49533419
Elves with their pleasure cults are probably quite open to idea.
For dwarfes it can be necessity, like in prision due to lack of females.
Skaven are probably more conceded about killing each other than fucking each other.
Haflings, I don't have idea.
>>
>>49537529
Elves aren't Eldar, they don't live in fear of Slaanesh every day. They're always on the lookout for the Cults of Pleasure and Excess, sure, but they don't go to the lengths of the Eldar not to feel any kind of sensation. Hell, there was a tavern girl who banged a guy coming to see the Phoenix King because she thought he was hot and fun, and then went on to another guy when he said he was leaving town.
>>
>>49537391
I find both of those a little disputable.

>>49537529
Slaanesh is about excess. Slaanesh doesn't really care about how many lumps of sugar you put in your tea or how often you see a mistress - it's when you're importing Chaos-tainted sugar from Ind and you're knifed your third concubine just for the sake of feeling her squirm on the blade that it gets Slaanesh tier.

Sure, you see some female Slaanesh cult leaders or warlords using sexual charms, but it's usually with some magical element or hypnosis effect. And it tends to be one of many, far more hedonistic methods of doing whatever they're doing.
>>
>>49536862
I might give it the initiative one, as well. It's a greatpick, incidentally, using the optional OWA features for a best weapon.
>>
>>49536373
It's implied that he was a Chaos Dwarf slave back when he was a runt, he probably lost his eye back then
>>
>>49537838
I'm of the opinion that the Chaos Dwarfs still utilize Black Orcs slaves, but in far fewer numbers and in less ideal positions to start another rebellion, but I can't support that with instances of lore.

We know that the Black Orcs led a rebellion and crossed into the Old World during Sigmar's time. We also know that the only thing known about Grimgor's past is that he staggered out of the Darklands with a scarred bodyguard and killed anyone who asked about where they had been. How old would this make Grimgor? Assuming he didn't leave the Dark Lands in the last 50 years or so, if the Chaos Dwarfs had him enslaved recently, that could make him really old.
>>
File: Kislev Hussars.jpg (183KB, 950x796px) Image search: [Google]
Kislev Hussars.jpg
183KB, 950x796px
>>49502608
Gotchu senpai
>>
>>49538439
Why does it change f-a-m to senpai? :(
>>
File: lurk more.jpg (559KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lurk more.jpg
559KB, 1200x1200px
>>49538587
>>
>>49533612
Doesn't really exist.
It wouldn't survive in Skaven society, all one or within other races society.
Also it would never occur anyway.
>>
Great weapons suck in WFRP

any idea how to make them better?
>>
>>49538976
They don't suck, not by a long shot. The lack of a Parry is a weakness, sure, but you can get around that by using Lightning Parry. If you really had to you could make Parry standard but at -20% or by taking weapon damage every time you parry with it.
>>
File: MapAgain.png (1MB, 3840x2552px) Image search: [Google]
MapAgain.png
1MB, 3840x2552px
Very poor quality but detailed Warhammer World map I made a while back.
>>
>>49539041
They also are Slow and with the errata get also Tiring, so yeah they're useless
>>
>>49539089
As a GM I wouldn't use Tiring as that would make them too similar to Flails, worse since they don't get +1 damage on the first turn and Flails aren't Slow.
>>
>>49538976
I did this:

1.) Great weapons do 1d10+(1.5*SB) damage.
2.) Great weapons can parry with parrying stance or lightning parry (obv).

This works-ish for heavily-armored characters, in my experience so far. The extra damage from strength matters quite a bit against heavily-armored foes.

>>49539089
Only a Best Greataxe gets Tiring, and that's in OWA already, even though the errata mentions it. Personally, I ignore that because it's fake and gay.
>>
>>49537573
>Elves aren't Eldar, they don't live in fear of Slaanesh every day.

Actually, I am sure Dark Elves not wearing waystones is because using the spiritstones require the elf to live a restraint life lest they attract Slaanesh.
>>
>>49539364
>>Waystone
You mean those menhir that funnel excess magic towards the Vortex?
>>
>>49539251
why would a Best quality object get worse than a normal one is beyond me.
Best quality melee weapons in general need a dire fix
>inb4 best quality hand axe spam

I usually switch the best quality axe and hand axe stats

BQ hand axe gets impact but tiring, BS great axe gets impact, slow and +1 dmg

BS greatsword does not deal +1 damage but loses the Slow quality

BS greathammer is kind ok
>>
>>49539586
Pummeling is a kind of shit feature, but your other ideas aren't bad, honestly. I might take them on board myself. Still, I'm the 1.5*SB guy, so I'm cagey about messing with weapons with Slow much.

Another thing I did was that any weapon with Defensive gets a free parry without stancing, even if you're fighting one-handed. It's minor, but it's there.
>>
>>49539421
No, the waystones that High Elves carry with them.

Read fate of the Spirit from the Dark Elf and High elf army books.
>>
>>49539636
Greathammers could be given a bonus rgarding te breaking of armors and shields

Like, when calculating if the armor is damaged, before rolling the 1d10, the modified damage counts as being higher by 1
>>
>>49539636

discard >>49539836 just make greathammers have armour piercing

I'm always the same guy btw
>>
>>49539721
It's 8th edition fluff so I wouldn't put too much stock in it. It's an effort to bring it closer to 40k and contradicts earlier stuff for no good reason. Slaanesh was dangerous to elves for very different reasons than he/she was to the Eldar.
>>
File: Tomb_King_concept.jpg (88KB, 540x703px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_King_concept.jpg
88KB, 540x703px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQCNhSGtZ9U
would this fit for the tomb kings?
>>
>>49540071
Almost. They would have killed that guy and his entire family instead. Probably everyone else in the town as well.
>>
File: Warriors_of_chaos.jpg (253KB, 1060x753px) Image search: [Google]
Warriors_of_chaos.jpg
253KB, 1060x753px
Warriors of Chaos in a nutshell?
>>
>>49540273
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugzoow04dYU
fucked that up meant to add this.
>>
>>49540273
Needs more spikes.
>>
>>49539876
>>49539836
I suppose AP or maybe Precise (doesn't fit the weapon's image, but it at least differentiates it from the greatpick).
>>
>>49540378
Give precise to the pick and armor penetration to hammers.
>>
Do orks and goblins have dicks? i remember reading somewhere that goblins rape people to torture them, but is it with genitals or with foreign objects like spears and sticks?
>>
>>49541479
I believe a 'squiggly bit' is mentioned occasionally, but IIRC it's just for urination. Probably they use foreign objects.
>>
Do orc shamans draw from the winds of magic at all or is their magic system totally different?
>>
>>49536713
I'd recommend making it a non-dwarf Rune Weapon. Gives you additional plot-hooks.

>>49537529
>Anything that is not "Consensual Sex In The Missionary Position For The Sole Purpose Of Procreating"

Someone has no idea what the nobles of the Empire get up to. This is Warhammer, not 40k.

>>49537948
Do Black Orcs breed? Or is the only way to get new Black Orcs through Chaos Dwarf dickery?

>>49538650
Except for Lurk, who tries to unite the slaves in a revolt.

>>49542544
Different, from my understanding. They draw from DA WAAAAGH which is directly related to how many orcs are around.
>>
>>49540546
>armor penetration to hammers.
>hammers
>armor penetration
>hammer
>penetration

Is Strike to Stun still a thing in 2e?
>>
>>49536918
>Ha! That's pretty funny.
>Actually look at the picture.
>Wait, how the fuck would his jaw work, anyway?
>Shit, that fang probably is long enough to poke out his eye...
>And the other fang is snapped at the tip.
>And he's not missing that eye.

Headcanon totally accepted.
>>
>>49542901
>I'd recommend making it a non-dwarf Rune Weapon. Gives you additional plot-hooks.

Who else can make rune weapons? I thought only dwarfs had been given rune magic, and that they shared it with literally no one?
>>
>>49543773
>Who else can make rune weapons? I thought only dwarfs had been given rune magic, and that they shared it with literally no one?

Humane Runemasters stole the secret of making ruin weapons from the Dwarfs. Their weapons tend to be shittier, in comparison, but they also tend to not suffer the same restrictions.

There are very few human runemasters, because the dwarfs hunt them down and kill them on sight.
>>
>>49543045
It is. Greathammers have Pummeling.
>>
>>49536918

Maybe that's why he is so fucking angry all the time.

>can't close your own mouth because your fang will stab you
>last time he did close his mouth he lost his eye
>at least with his mouth always open, he can always be bellowing at runts/gits/stunties etc.
>>
>>49543773
Elves, humans and even orcs and skaven all make use of runes. Dwarfs are just the best at and can only use runes, unlike every other race that can shape magic with their minds/souls
>>
>>49543839
I'd remove the AP bonus to Stun attempts, personally.
>>
>>49543950
>Dwarfs are just the best at and can only use runes, unlike every other race that can shape magic with their minds/souls

There are Dwarf wizards.
>>
>>49543971
>dwarf
>wizard
Pick one. Barely canon and heavily retconned RP material doesn't count
>>
>>49543985
>Barely canon and heavily retconned RP material doesn't count

Can you actually think of anything stopping the Dwarfs from being Wizards?

They just turn to stone the longer they use magic, but Dwarf Wizards are canonically a thing. The Chaos Dwarfs tend to go that route because that's part of their whole 'The Ancestors turned their back on us, so lets go with what works' schtick.

But Dwarf Wizards have always been part of the setting. It's just uncommon as fuck because of the whole stone issue, and you tend to only find expatriate dwarfs dabbling with it.

The only dwarf sourcebook for the RPG even confirms this.
>>
>>49543985
>Pick one. Barely canon and heavily retconned RP material doesn't count

>For some reason Chaos Dwarfs don't count
>Muh headcanon
>>
>>49543953
Or make it so it's only 5% to each point of armor. That's still a frankly massive 25% boost at max.
>>
>>49544063
Even this works for me. As it stands, you don't really see strikes to stun against heavily armoured opponents, which sucks because they should be the ones you're doing it to the most.
>>
>>49544063

Do helmets really help stop people from getting stunned or dazed from concussive blows? I always assumed they prevented the worst of the damage, but they couldn't really do anything to stop your brain bouncing back and force inside your skull?
>>
>>49544077
Thinking twice, Strike to Stun is heavily frontloaded. You need a Talent. And you need to hit. And you need to forfeit damage. And you need to past a Strength test. And the opponent needs to fail a Toughness test.

Bump the per-AP bonus down to...say, 2%.
>>
>>49544185
There's a reason people wear helmets on bikes and motorcycles, and in football. They help, enough to save your life.
>>
>>49544233
That forfeiting damage seems a bit dodgy.

Actually, having Strike to Stun be a specific talent and not being able to stun people by just...hitting them in the head, seems like an oversight.

>>49544244
They save lives, sure, but we're not talking about permanent brain damage here. Just being stunned/disorientated. The more I read about it, the more it seems that having a helmet on doesn't really protect you from the possibility of a concussion.

After all, if your head is hit hard enough then nothing you wear on the outside of your head is going to stop your brain from bouncing around.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 665x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 665x411px
>>49544054
>headcanon
What ever you say man
>>
>>49544453
That also says that Dwarfs are the only ones who know how to use rune magic, friendo.

And it seems to completely ignore Chaos Dwarfs and their wizardly ways.

Seems to me that it's a piece of shitty new-fiction that has ignored or forgotten pre-established lore.

>Enjoy your headcanon.
>>
>>49544453
You do understand that nothing that says actually contradicts the notion that dwarfs can be wizards right?

The dwarf nation doesn't have wizards - nobody here has argued that. But dwarf expatriates who live in the empire, or the Chaos Dwarfs off in the plains of fire - both of these guys have no issue using magic.

But no, the Dwarf nation as a whole doesn't really truck with sorcery like Expatriate Dwarfs or Chaos Dwarfs do.

But go ahead and enjoy your headcanon.
>>
>>49544538
pretty rich that you get to decide that published material doesn't count, nice way to move to goalposts

>>49544559
>both of these guys have no issue using magic.
The chaos dwarfs turn into stone because dwarfs aren't meant to use magic. Its not natural to them, and only happened after Hashut changed them to suit his needs. pic related
>>
>>49544813
But there are still spellcasters, sorcerers. It's not that they don't exist, it's that there's a much larger cost than with other races.
>>
>>49538976
I play a 1.5ed homebrew. Great weapons work fine for us - we use a d6 for damage, with great weapons using the 2d10 and picking the best.

>>49544244
>There's a reason people wear helmets on bikes and motorcycles, and in football
>helmets
>in football

What kind of sissy nation do you come from?

>>49544813
>pretty rich that you get to decide that published material doesn't count

Coming from the guy who said >Barely canon and heavily retconned RP material doesn't count

>The chaos dwarfs turn into stone because dwarfs aren't meant to use magic. Its not natural to them, and only happened after Hashut changed them to suit his needs. pic related

So...dwarfs can use magic. It turns them to stone. But dwarfs can use magic.

Is your argument that Chaos Dwarfs aren't Dwarfs or something?
>>
>>49545046
dwarfs cannot use magic
chaos dwarfs can because hashut said so
divine intervention is what makes a difference here
>>
>>49544813
>magic users arose among the dwarf race
>there's no such thing as dwarf wizards
>old stuff and RP sourcebooks don't count

You're sending me mixed messages man.
>>
>>49545099
Then what about expatriate dwarf wizards?

Or are you now saying that the old stuff about Chaos Dwarfs and magic is canon and acceptable, but the old stuff about Expatriate Dwarf Wizards and magic is not canon?
>>
>>49545112
>Expatriate Dwarf Wizards and magic is not canon?

Not him.

But I demand an example of a non-Chaos dwarf being a wizard in modern WHFB. If you fail to provide, then the issue ends here.
>>
>>49545112
in this day and age, with the latest information that we have barring AoS
normie dwarfs are unable to use magic for other things than runes because magic resistance
chaos dwarfs can use magic because hashut made it so
>>
>>49545112
>>49545099

So a WFRP sourcebook from 2002 is too old and not canon, but the Chaos Dwarf book from '92 is fine?
>>
>>49545124
>But I demand an example of a non-Chaos dwarf being a wizard in modern WHFB. If you fail to provide, then the issue ends here.

Don't the winds of magic possess two Dwarf Characters in End Times and not turn them to stone?
>>
>>49545143
Then why is a WFRP sourcebook that came out a decade after the Chaos Dwarf army book not counted?

>>49545124
>But I demand an example of a non-Chaos dwarf being a wizard in modern WHFB

Honestly, none come to mind. But I can't think of a Halfling wizard character either, but that doesn't mean halflings can't be wizards.

Unless you count the mention of a dwarf wizard in one of the Grunnson Marauder stories - but it's debated in the story as to whether it was a dwarf wizard or just a really short, fat wizard.
>>
>>49545164
The Winds of Magic are sentient and godlike. They don't just possess someone. They look for being who fits their nature and then bind with him/her. The binding transforms him/her into basically a god.

Thorgrim had the Wind of Metal bind to him while he fought Queek. However, he was too stubborn to allow it to change him completely into an Incarnate so it left him.

(picture related), probably due to his rage over the death of his people, fully embraced the Wind of Fire and allowed it to transform him into an Incarnate.
>>
Can someone explain all the butthurt over dwarfs using magic?

I seem to remember that being a thing since 1ed WFRP. It's not like the dwarfs train them in their holds or anything. Any dwarf that goes to learn magic that humans learned from elves is barely a dwarf worthy of the name.

But they're shit at it in everything I've read about them being wizards, and if you go with the chaos dwarf stuff they turn to stone.

There's a couple of mentions of dwarf wizards in some of the older books. I think Zavant mentioned one? But it's all in the old shit.

So...why does anyone care? How often is this an issue? If a GM wants to allow or bar dwarf wizards in his game, there's plenty of evidence either way to allow it.
>>
>>49545197
>Then why is a WFRP sourcebook

Copypaste the page.
>>
File: 1474957135255.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1474957135255.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
>>49545149
>>49545197
did tamurkhan come out in 92? i hadnt noticed
>>
>>49545333
>https://www.scribd.com/document/39650839/WFRP-1ed-Dwarfs-Stone-and-Steel

Page 68.

>>49545378
Ah, you're quite right. I was thinking of the Chaos Dwarf Army book.

Which is what I stated. I forgot that Forge World had released a new army list for Chaos Dwarfs.
>>
>>49545249

I suspect the same people who get assblasted about Dwarf wizards are the ones who complain about Genevieve being tolerated as a vampire, a Dwarf Vampire being canon, Drachenfels being a proto-ape that lived before the Great Old Ones came to the Old World to whom the Chaos Gods paid hommage for a time, the idea that there isn't a real difference between arcane or clerical magic and who argue that the Warhammer World is x10 the size of Earth based on shitty math work posted on a afghani sheep shearing forum a decade ago.
>>
>>49545445
>whom the Chaos Gods paid hommage for a time

No, they didn't pay him homage. The dude was a weakling that was defeated by another weakling called Sigmar.
>>
>>49545445
>the same people who get assblasted

Like this guy.
>>49545493
>>
>>49545517
Piss off. It's just stupid to claim a dude who was defeated by poet is at the same level of the Chaos Gods. For a supremely "powerful" dude he seems to get wrecked a lot of men who are below the weight levels of Greater Daemons.

Sigmar
A poet
Luther Huss

>>49545411
The heck are Imperial Dwarfs?
>>
>>49545099
But divine magic is just regular magic with a different focus.
>>
>>49545558
>It's just stupid to claim a dude who was defeated by poet is at the same level of the Chaos Gods
Seems more stupid to assume that the Chaos Gods have been at the same power level for their entire duration and still had trouble taking over the world when the humans were just a bunch of shit-stirring cave-dwellers. Rather than, you know, powers that grew over time and eventually/inevitably surpassed monsters like Drachenfels.

>The heck are Imperial Dwarfs?
Seriously?
>>
>>49545613
Don't dude.

Just don't.

I agree with you, but >>49545445 is right.

There are a list of things in Warhammer that get people anus-ruptured, and this is one of them.

People just don't seem to accept that Warhammer has been an evolving setting and that there is nothing wrong with preferring one version of the setting over another.

I'm a fan of the Bloodbowl version of the setting, myself. Some of my favourite campaigns have used that as a base.
>>
>>49545614
>Seems more stupid to assume that the Chaos Gods have been at the same power level for their entire duration and still had trouble taking over the world when the humans were just a bunch of shit-stirring cave-dwellers. Rather than, you know, powers that grew over time and eventually/inevitably surpassed monsters like Drachenfels.

Nope, the Chaos Gods were always powerful and they BTFO the Elf Gods when they arrived to the world.

And the Chaos invasion of the world killed of the Old Ones and drove the the Elves and Lizardmen to their strongholds as they fought desperate wars against extinction. It was only Caledor's ritual and Be'lakor's shenanigans that prevented the world from falling.
>>
>>49545678

So in your estimation everything just magically stayed in perfect balance for x-thousand years until the Chaos Gods got bored of the stasis and decided to just end it all?

And that makes more sense to you than the idea that the Chaos Gods accrued more power over time?
>>
>>49545730
My estimation that Drach wasn't anywhere near the Chaos Gods at any point in WHFB history. Drach is not a god. He is not an Old One. These things were the Chaos Gods first victims when they arrived.

>until the Chaos Gods got bored of the stasis and decided to just end it all?

Actually, that's true. In End Times lore, it says that the Chaos Gods shifted their attentions from Great Game and decided to end it all in the WHFB world. it's stated that the Chaos Gods were delighted to enter the phase of destruction again this turn of the cycle.
>>
>>49545828
>End Time Lore

Good for you.
>>
>>49545856
You asked the question and I answered with what's in the fluff. You not liking where the fluff comes from isn't important, is it?

Yes, the Chaos Gods put the destruction of the world on hold for thousands of years until the time is right (Archaon being born/Cycle turns to destruction phase).
>>
>>49545879
> I answered with what's in the fluff.
>But the fluff that says Drachenfels was given gifts by the Chaos Gods in homage doesn't count

Good for you.
>>
>>49545898
It doesn't going by the new lore where the Chaos Gods are multiversal entities that existed before the Old Ones and have destroyed countless worlds and realities. You are the one claiming that it is still relevant, if it really happened anyways because I doubt your guys reading skills.
>>
>>49545918
>my lore is newer, so yours doesn't count
>not that you guys can read anyway

Good for you.
>>
>>49545938
>my lore is newer, so yours doesn't count

New lore trumps old lore in the continuity. And you are the one who claiming that that's it's still relevant in the modern WHFB.

And considering I caught you guys fabricating fluff from sources more than once (Vampires have no souls, Beastmen need Chaos to live, Skaven are not Chaos mutants, etc), I have every reason to doubt anything you say. Me? I am prepared to post proper sources and quotes.
>>
>>49545961
>people lied on the internet!
>so that means you can't read!
>I'll repost all the new stuff, so that means none of the old stuff counts anymore!

Good for you.
>>
>>49545978
>old stuff counts anymore!

It doesn't when talking about modern WHFB since it was contradicted and the fluff moved past it. Aren't you claiming that "dwarf wizards, Drach being super powerful, etc" is still valid in the modern lore? If not, then we have nothing to dicuss.

And I have suspicion that you were one of the liars because you refuse to give citation on the Drach thing. Not even copypaste the quote. Now why is that?
>>
That guys is useless. Anyone got the download link for Drachenfels novel or his RPG supplement?
>>
>>49546008
>if it's not mentioned in the new stuff it's not true anymore
>You haven't copy pasted the Drachenfels novel here so you must be lying!

Good for you.

Also, for point of reference I haven't posted the Drachenfels quotes for three reasons:

1. The quotes relating to him and the Chaos Gods are all in-universe and come from either Drachenfels or Genevieve - one of whom is inclined to lie, the other who is usually discounted as not-canon for other reasons.

2. The Drachenfels RPG supplement is mostly a dungeon crawl and doesn't actually give a lot of detail on the character of Drach.

3. The only other info on Drach comes from The End Times, where they basically retcon or ignore so much of the material that he becomes little more than a namedrop.

Also - not the guy who was arguing any of the drach stuff. I was just the guy who said Good For You when you used End Times lore. You're the shitcunt who got uppity at that, because apparently you can't accept people showing support for you using End Times lore. So...go figure.

But the point is, if you want to use Drach in the Warhammer lore, you have to explain why the Chaos Gods didn't crush him and instead supported him without asking for his worship.

And I agree with >>49545730. Makes more sense that Chaos got more powerful over time rather than just getting bored and arbitrarily deciding to end the world at a random point and intervening directly. A lot of that lore seems pretty shitty to me, so I don't use it in my games.
>>
>>49546074
>1. The quotes relating to him and the Chaos Gods are all in-universe and come from either Drachenfels or Genevieve - one of whom is inclined to lie, the other who is usually discounted as not-canon for other reasons.

All these years and INDEED it turned out to be lies. Of course, it turns to be lies it always does.

>But the point is, if you want to use Drach in the Warhammer lore, you have to explain why the Chaos Gods didn't crush him and instead supported him without asking for his worship.

The Chaos Gods offered power and knowledge to other Undead beings without asking for their worship, just promises, cooperation, or because it was their whim. One example is Neferata, another is Mannfred.

Heck, even Morathi and Malekith who don;t worship Chaos, made deals pacts with the Chaos Gods and summoned their legions.
>2. The Drachenfels RPG supplement is mostly a dungeon crawl and doesn't actually give a lot of detail on the character of Drach.

Are you saying that 1d4chan and Tvtropes lied? Oh golly.

>Makes more sense that Chaos got more powerful over time rather than just getting bored and arbitrarily deciding to end the world at a random point and intervening directly

What makes sense to you and what's in the actual fluff are two different things.
>>
>>49546119
>All these years and INDEED it turned out to be lies. Of course, it turns to be lies it always does.

See, this is why I didn't bother to bring it up to you. Anything given in-universe has to be assumed to be subject to debate, given that the characters in-universe may be wrong.

This is important in this discussion because Drachenfels only comes up in-universe.

Would you also argue that everything Be'lakor says must be true?

>Are you saying that 1d4chan and Tvtropes lied? Oh golly.

What are you even talking about? You know that 'Drachenfels' the book and 'Castle Drachenfels' the RPG supplement are two separate things right?

>What makes sense to you and what's in the actual fluff are two different things.

Especially given that the fluff contradicts itself at points and you won't accept or acknowledge any fluff that is older than End Times.

Am I correct in assuming you haven't actually read Drachenfels?
>>
>>49546119
>What makes sense to you and what's in the actual fluff are two different things.

Manlet, according to the fluff the setting exploded. You do understand that GM's tend to change the lore to something that makes sense instead of the weird bullshit that GW comes out with right?
>>
>>49546119
Also the why Chaos Gods didn't doesn't destroy "enter name here" can be addressed here. Picture related.

The Chaos Gods, if they wished would have ended the young empire and Sigmar then and there. They knew about Sigmar and what he will become and yet they choose to spare him. Why? Because the Chaos Gods are not in the business of murdering people. Sigmar, Drach, and whoever are just curiosities for them to toy with when they turn their attention from their cosmic struggle.

They are just ants living and dying on an ant hill. A powerful shiny ant or an an cloaked in shadow is all the same to the gods, just ants.
>>
>>49530218
RIP Varek, truly nice dwarf
>>
>>49546171
>They are just ants living and dying on an ant hill. A powerful shiny ant or an an cloaked in shadow is all the same to the gods, just ants.

Until they decide to change their mind and take an active part.

>>49546173
Went out like a boss.
>>
>>49546119
The actual fluff also states that the Warhammer world gave up warring and decided to solve their problems by playing rugby.

It's possible for multiple and contradictory accounts to both be correct.

Hell, pre-End Times Drach wasn't even in the setting anymore. Him and Gene were relics of an older version of the setting that was generally the same one the roleplaying game revolved around.
>>
>>49546169

We are not talking about your games.

>>49546155
>See, this is why I didn't bother to bring it up to you.

Nobody all these years bothered to say that it was just Drach boosting and not a fact from the setting? Until now that is this is why you should doubt anything /tg/ says unless a source is delivered.

>Would you also argue that everything Be'lakor says must be true?

Be'lakor is outright said to be the master of lies. Whoever, there are instances where he has no reason to lie (when he talks to himself or talks with Archaon).

Also from 40K Be'lakor, who is technically the same being, "Truth! Something won by lies is worthless. I will give you truth".

>What are you even talking about? You know that 'Drachenfels' the book and 'Castle Drachenfels' the RPG supplement are two separate things right?

I know.

But look at what's claimed in tvtropes and 1d4chan.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/Drachenfels

>Am I correct in assuming you haven't actually read Drachenfels?

I did I wouldn't have asked for a source. Have you?
>>
>>49546212
>The actual fluff also states that the Warhammer world gave up warring and decided to solve their problems by playing rugby.

That's a different official universes.
>>
File: image.jpg (357KB, 1492x1496px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
357KB, 1492x1496px
So, who can sum up what the fuck happened to the Warhammer world between sayyyy the events in GiantSlayer and the end times and Age of Sigmar? I iz cohnfoozed mang
>>
>>49546212
>Him and Gene were relics of an older version of the setting that was generally the same one the roleplaying game revolved around.

Actually, the more I think about it the more this holds true. All of the older books follow 1ed WFRP. All the Storm of Chaos and Pre-End Times stuff use 2ed WFRP.

>YFW you realise that the cover for 1ed WFRP is actually a scene from Trollslayer by William King.

>>49546221
>Nobody all these years bothered to say that it was just Drach boosting and not a fact from the setting?

Of course not - because anyone talking about Drachenfels should be aware of the character and at least have read the book if they wanted to offer any relevant input.

>Whoever, there are instances where he has no reason to lie

You have to assume he's lying. Always. For the same reason you have to assume Drach is lying.

>Also from 40K Be'lakor, who is technically the same being,

They are technically based on the same concept, but they are not technically the same character. Think of it like the different versions of Sherlock Holmes. They are all basically the same, but different versions can act differently and operate differently,

>But look at what's claimed in tvtropes and 1d4chan.

They're talking about Drachenfels the novel. Which gets us back to 'Assume anything said In Universe could be a lie'. As opposed to the RPG supplement which gives you out-of-universe material that is more likely to be accurate.

>I did I wouldn't have asked for a source. Have you?

Then why do you keep asking for the source when you know that in the first three chapters Genevieve states that Drachenfels has been a bigger danger to her people than Chaos, and that Drachenfels has never seen the forces of Chaos as anything other than amateurs?

Why are you even arguing if you've read it? Are you actually sure you've read it?

>>49546261
>That's a different official universes.

Are you arguing that all the stuff from 1ed WFRP is canon?
>>
>>49546221
>I did I wouldn't have asked for a source. Have you?
>IF I did, I wouldn't have asked for a source. Have you?

Sorry, fixed that for you.
>>
>>49546261
>That's a different official universes.

And 1ed WFRP had a version of Karl Franz that was a snivelling push-over. It's clearly a different version of the setting.
>>
>>49546262
A lot of shit, a big chunk of which got recon'd.
>>
>>49546269
>They're talking about Drachenfels the novel.

"Inexplicably Awesome: Even Drachenfels has no idea how his powers work, they just do. This is a guy so powerful the RPG supplement says the Chaos gods lend him daemons to keep him from beating them up and taking their lunch money. He was old before the Old Ones first brought magic into the world, and millennia older by the time Chaos first entered it; whatever his power source is it's completely out of context"

They are talking about both. Someone of you guys wrote that.

>Then why do you keep asking for the source

typo >>49546276. I didn't read the novel.
>>
>>49546314
>Even Drachenfels has no idea how his powers work, they just do

True. He's basically Warhammer Vandal Savage.

>This is a guy so powerful the RPG supplement says the Chaos gods lend him daemons to keep him from beating them up and taking their lunch money.

I'll have to grab out my books, but I'm pretty sure that's essentially the line used in Drachenfels the novel, I'll check.

>He was old before the Old Ones first brought magic into the world, and millennia older by the time Chaos first entered it; whatever his power source is it's completely out of context

Also from the novel.
>>
>>49546314
https://www.scribd.com/doc/125591101/Castle-Drachenfels

Page 97.
>>
>>49545203
And then died because he raged so hard the fire could not keep up and consumed him
>>
File: New Monsters.png (137KB, 377x541px) Image search: [Google]
New Monsters.png
137KB, 377x541px
>>49546371
Okay? Here it is. Where does it say that.
>>
>>49546417
Where does it say what?
>>
>>49546417

Also, wrong page - it should be one after or before that page. It'll say Constant Drachenfels at the top.
>>
>>49546428
I dunno. Why did you say page 97? What's in it that's special?

It's just a page about Drach drawing evil spirits from the Warp and then binding them to his will. Typical necromancer shiz.
>>
File: Comstant Drachy.png (269KB, 821x541px) Image search: [Google]
Comstant Drachy.png
269KB, 821x541px
>>49546438
I already read it and it offers nothing of value.

It just says he is "Old and evil". No details are given.
>>
That's the point I was raising. The RPG doesn't actually go into detail about Constant, and it'd be the only fairly unbiased depiction of the character.

Everything about his relationship with the Chaos Gods comes from the novel which, as anon mentioned, has to be assumed to be biased because of the character and the fact it's in-universe.

There is no way to accurately decipher what the true case is, since it was never really explored in an objective way. It's just whatever works for your game.
>>
File: DrachVSGreaterDaemon.png (122KB, 890x171px) Image search: [Google]
DrachVSGreaterDaemon.png
122KB, 890x171px
>>49546515
>49546475

For reference, this is how Drach (left) stacks up against a Greater Daemon (right).
>>
OI

Anybody got a PDF of the warhammer fantasy artbook, the big one? I've looked everywhere and can't find a copy.
>>
>>49546919
This one?

https://www.scribd.com/document/289230861/Warhammer-Fantasy-40K-Artbook
>>
>>49546934
Yes that one!
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.