[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"TARA! Did you leave all these void wretches out?!"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 19

File: image.jpg (102KB, 1256x656px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 1256x656px
>Books
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - not yet; if you have scans/pics please post.
Book 4 card pics: http://imgur.com/a/vJ5g0 https://imgur.com/a/tjdx4

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Last thread: >>49406289
>>
>"Ours"
I claim this thread in the name of the Neverborn
>>
>from last thread
So thinking about the Tara advice you all helped with earlier in the thread and the Upcoming Divergent paths games I need to get in this week, I'm thinking about running this:
Tara -- 4ss
+Dead Of Winter - 1ss
+Obliteration Symbiote - 2ss
+Scramble - 2ss
Karina - 5ss
+The Faces Of Oblivion - 0ss
Bishop - 10ss
Death Marshal - 6ss
Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
The Nothing Beast - 10ss
+Void Shield - 0ss
Void Wretch - 4ss
Void Wretch - 4ss

Idea is that the trapper helps out the kid and takes pot shots at any scheme runners that try to get up on him, While Tara hauls ass across the board before dumping Bishop and The nothing beast on the opponent's doorstep to "Play" the rest of the crew runs the Schemes and gets rid of the witchling stalkers as they chase the kid, and in the case of the man puppy guards him
>>
>>49447465

Bishop - 10ss
Death Marshal - 6ss
Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
The Nothing Beast - 10ss
+Void Shield - 0ss
Void Wretch - 4ss
Void Wretch - 4ss

Idea is that the trapper helps out the kid and takes pot shots at any scheme runners that try to get up on him, While Tara hauls ass across the board before dumping Bishop and The nothing beast on the opponent's doorstep to "Play" the rest of the crew runs the Schemes and gets rid of the witchling stalkers as they chase the kid, and in the case of the man puppy guards him.
>>49443917 #
...Anonymous
09/20/16(Tue)22:05:46 No.49443917
>>49443872 #
It's also worth noting that Both nothing beast and bishop can be swapped out for Hannah, Taelor, Dr. Grimwell (or if I find two points killjoy) But I chose Bishop based on his access to swift and the fact that with fast he gets downright nasty.
>>
>>49447452
Fair nuff, who's your go to master?
>>
>>49447474
>Pandora
Her playstyle is really all or nothing. It forces you to make sound tactical decisions about when to engage or you will lose every time, but when your p l answer come together and your positioning is right Sorrows and Pandora will shred everything with lightning strikes and Wp duels
>>
>>49447483
Hasslefree miniatures and Reaper are both good bets.
>>
>>49447483

You know there's a metal Waifu blister, right? Worth hunting down.
>>
>>49447725
last one i've seen online was on ebay a few months ago, i slept on it too long. actually i got a friend who does tabletop and loves shopping for deals, i should check if he has a spare

>>49447691
i'll check this out, thanks
>>
>>49447879
You often find those boxes in random unmarked malifaux lots. I still like the plastic waifs though.
>>
How would you rank the power level of the new masters? With the exception of Asami, it seems like we're seeing the same sort of power creep that fucked with 1st ed.
>>
>>49449507
>Nellie
Unlike any other Guild master, is really good at something they couldn't do before.

>Sandeep
Toolbox master with a variety of options. Not Colette or Ramos.

>Titania
Unlike any other Neverborn master, tough and control-ish. Relies heavily on 7SS minions

>Reva
Just kills people

>Parker
Crazy upgrade shifting mechanic, versatility over pure power.

>Zipp
Control and mobility over power

>Asami
10T summoner, hard to learn so bad players think she's bad.

That's a no, then.
>>
>>49449658
>Unlike any other Guild master,
That's not true. She's pretty much a strictly better version of Lucius.
>>
>>49449658
I used to hear people bitch about Colette, and Parker seems like Colette turned up to 11.
>>
>>49449691
Relay? I'm actually quite interested in how Parker is so much like Colette. For me Colette is primarily about positioning her crew and giving actions with (0) interacts as a bonus.

Parker reminds me more of Shenlong with his ability to get the upgrade he needs at a given moment.

All three have their similarities as support masters.
>>
>>49449683
Kit to kit, anything is better than Lucius. Notably, Nellie is more about positioning and debuffing enemies with Incite, Hot Off the Presses, Run From the Truth, and Propaganda. She can also make some of her crew Fast or get extra melee attacks. Lucius trades his AP for other model's AP, hopefully making them better (turning 1AP into a focused attack, for example)

Being better than the worst master in the game isn't creep, it's not making the same mistake twice.

>>49449691
Parker isn't as crazy durable as Colette and doesn't have Prompt.
>>
>>49449658
>asami
>not terrible

Pick one.
>>
>>49449785
That's what they said about Yan Lo, m8.

Maybe try stuff out before buying into memes.
>>
>>49449785
I don't think she's bad. I think she just ends up working differently then other summoners.

Knowing that her summons are going to flicker out means it's generally a waste targeting them. But they come in at full health, and probably charge the turn they show up, so you might not be able to just ignore them.

Might be better to think of a lot of the summons as ranged attacks/terrain.

But even that's not right, since they can potentially interact and drop scheme markers like anything else.
>>
>>49449870
She has a weak summoning arsenal and expensive, straightforward and ultimately mediocre support moves that don't lend themselves to particularly advanced strategies.

And her being so card intensive makes the Ml5 that her summons tend to come with all the harsher. Add to that her upgrades that do nothing but halfheartedly fix some of the issues they built into her core design and you've got yourself a master who above all is unreliable and inconsistent.
>>
>>49449658
>>Sandeep
>Toolbox master with a variety of options. Not Colette or Ramos.
I think his niche is going to be fixed-master tournaments, from what I've seen so far.
Highly flexible, efficient toolbox, probably less prone to being teched against.
Any more-experienced Arcanists want to weigh in?

>>49446666
>Summoners

>You need two-three models to aggressively deal with just the summoner and whatever he spawns, just try not to lose yourself to solely dealing with him and have a unit dedicated to scheming.

I never seem to be making enough headway with the blob-killing unit to buy the Scheme-unit enough time/space/spare AP.
Mostly space is my problem - I play Colette, so I can piss markers all over the table, but the hard hitters are too expensive to be sufficiently numerous to stay ahead of the summoning, and can't keep the blob contained well enough.
Also, I only really have Joss and Cassandra for killing, and if I bury Cassandra into the blob I lose one of the fastest, schemiest models in the crew - Marker-Nimble-Marker has secured many a 5th turn win, I am loathe to lose that.
>>
>>49449985
If you're having summoner specific woes maybe look for anti-summoner models. Taelor springs to mind.
>>
>>49449691
To me (Colette player) Parker looks more like an intentional anti-Colette tech option than an Outcast version of her.
At least, teched specifically against the tendency to vomit markers all over the board.

>>49449819
Seems like a lot of people bought a lot of shares in "Asami trash tier" and are unwilling to let it sink.

>>49449960
The summons come in with Ml5, but they still usually have their two charge attacks served right to your face, with a side-serving of activation control, hand depletion and model jamming.

The summons might not hit the attacks too often, but they'll eat your Moderates anyway, and throw off your movement planning.
Not the best summoner, I'd agree, but not a shit master.
>>
>>49449985
Fixed master isn't really any more of a relevant format than Enforcer Brawl. I love Sandeep, he's pretty much the sole reason I'm playing Arcanists, but Colette and Ramos are game-warpingly good. So I'm actually happy that Sandeep isn't as absurdly powerful as them.

WRT to summoning, bring models that attack their hand. December Acolytes fuck summoners so hard by forcing discards.

Also
>playing Colette
>not having enough AP to kill everything

Prompt, dude. Howard/Joss can clear a good chunk of real estate just from a turn of Prompting.
>>
>One guy at LGS keep winning with his Resurectionist crew
>Tells everyone it's only matter of skill, and every single master in game is playable and good
>get his rekt by newbie who used to loose against him
>sudennly start bragging about masters power level, usefulness and unusefulness

If I weren't working there, I'd throw it in his face, but I think I wasn't only one who noticed that change
>>
>>49450187
>>Tells everyone it's only matter of skill, and every single master in game is playable and good
The balance isn't perfect, but it's a lot better then it used to be in 1st.
>>
>>49450187
Players like that are why I quit 40k.
>You can't win against my Triple Riptide List?
>Not my fault you're bad at strategy.
>>
>>49450057
Sure, she might throw some engagement markers across the board, though again draining a lot of high cards that could've been used for actual attacks, but in the end she is very limited in options and keeps asking for more resources than the resulting actions are worth. And since all her support is so basic and straightforward there's a real lack of deep strategy to be found here that may well have a one turn timer depending on the state of the board. Whatever you try with her, ultimately she'll always be inconsistent.

What schemes or situations would you say she's better at than other TT masters?

>>49450187
Which masters did he play?
>>
>>49450068
>Howard/Joss can clear a good chunk of real estate just from a turn of Prompting.
I find Joss can kill one model per turn three quarters of the time - sometimes two.
I often use my Prompts for Performer shenanigans, I find it much more useful against other crews to have performers luring and marker popping while still Manipulative 13.
Often Joss will get one to secure a kill, Cassandra will sometimes get one to Understudy-Prompt something further up the table, or a Performer will get one to do a Scheme thing, and the final AP is for a Dove or teleport.
Against summoners though, you're right, I'll have to start using Prompt to focus on killing.

I've only just got Howard, haven't had the chance to put him on the table yet.
Sexy damage spread though.
Dayumn Hank.
>>
File: Hank.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hank.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>49450566
Thinking about it, maybe Joss isn't killing enough because I use him to tie up their big beaters, since he can consistently chew through them with decent min damage and defensive bullshit ignoring.

I usually manage to put him in the middle of a blob to tie up two or thee enemy models, and then chew them up over the next three or so turns, which I think massively improves the survivability of the rest of the (very fragile) crew.

Once I get Howard painted, I guess I'm going to have to start using him in a more careful precision single-target cruise-missile fashion?
>>
Been reading through the rulebook and I think I got most stuff down now, but still two mayor questions.

Crew composition:
Are there any rules about taking more than one master? What about taking multiple henchmen or totems?

And triggers...sometimes the suit for a stat trigger is next to the DF stat, sometimes just with the ability. Sometimes the Sh/Ca value has a suit, sometimes it doesn't. What about the triggers with more then one suit? Do I have to get one trigger on the To hit flip and another on the damage flip to activate it? Or do I have to use a soulstone? So confused.
>>
>>49450333
He have all resurectionist masters but Kirai, and he lost with Yan Lo.
>>
>>49450631
Joss is for killing models with defensive bullshit, like Colette. Hank is just a general problem solver, 2-shotting the vast majority of mid-level minions and enforcers.

If you're up against summoners who do nothing but summon, use those Prompts to clear the field while Performers do their thing. Grab Acolytes to force discards and save your rams for Hank to further eat through that hand. Hank popping Imbued to double walk then flurry somebody important with a couple Decaptate triggers will completely shut down a summoner or net you an easy early kill.

>>49450934
>Crew composition
You only get one master, but otherwise can hire whatever you want to fit in to 50SS or whatever you're playing.

>Triggers
If the suit is next to the relevant stat, it is built in. Some triggers are automatic since they require a built-in suit. If a trigger requires 2 suits, you will generally either have one built-in or an ability that adds them, otherwise you will need to use a soulstone. The only flip that matters for triggers is the attack flip. Damage flip has nothing to do with triggers.
>>
>>49451012
So... in case of Lady Justice, when she has to defend, she already has a ram and only needs to flip a mask to trigger her Riposte?
Or when she uses her Greatsword she always does +1 damage, going up to +3 if flipping a ram and using a soulstone?
>>
>>49451085
Yup
>>
>>49451157
Now I gotta ask...why even have the built-in triggers in the first place then? I guess there might be some gameplay elements 'm not yet aware of that make my question sound pointless, but right now...I dun get it.

But at least now I know.
>>
>>49451237
There are abilities that remove built-in suits or that prevent declaring triggers. Additionally, in the case of Lady J, she has an upgrade that gives her another trigger for an additional attack. She has to choose between min damage 4 or min damage 3 and an extra attack.
>>
>>49451275
Gotcha.

God, I hope my shit arrives this week...
>>
>>49451237
There's stuff that shuts down triggers or removes suits.
>>
>>49451317
>>49451275
NOw...what about Lilith's Wicked Vines?
They have a built-in Mask, but it doesn't even have a trigger? And I couldn't find an upgrade that would make use of that...
>>
>>49451413
There are a couple modules like that. I think they were leaving an out if the wanted to put something in later or if they ever make playable avatars.
>>
>>49451413
If it has a TN with a mask, then anything that removes the suit would make it a lot harder to cast.
>>
any advice for a gremlin player?
>>
>>49451450
So, if a TN has a suit, it is a requirement?
Basically, if she didn't have a Mask with her Ca stat, she'd have to flip a Mask?
>>
>>49451478
Aim high.
>>
>>49451478
Sure. Got a particular master in mind?
>>
>>49451491
Correct, or she could use a soulstone to add the suit.
>>
>>49451558
I have had trouble getting Brewmaster, & Wong to work.
>>
>>49451556
And go git yer bro
>>
>>49451602
What do your lists normally look like? Brewmaster and Wong probably suffer the most from not having great synergies in thier starting box.

Wong is already putting out area damage, what he really wants is stuff that can force an opponent to group up and you don't mind hitting with friendly fire. Burt is good for this as are cheap things like stuffed piglets.

Brew is a heavy support master. Handing out negative flips is much more potent then handing out positives. You want to use him to prove models you want dead. With the penalty they're easy pickings for stuff like Francois.

Don't forget to grab force multipliers like Lenny and slop haulers.
>>
>>49451875
alright I think I had the wrong idea then usually I had Brewmaster try to tank things and keep people locked down but without any real back up

Wong I guess I just need to get better with positioning and picking out more useful additions to his crew
>>
>>49452095
Brewmaster works pretty well as a tank, since he can be hard to hit and respawns if Wesley is alive, but he needs some heavies to do the actual killing.
>>
What's the average soulstone number for a typical game?

I narrowed it down the crews to Lilith and Dreamer for my first crew, can I get some overview how these too play aside from melee beatstick that's mobile and melee beatstick that's tricky?
>>
>>49453218

Dreamer is a summoner master with good mobility and a potential shooty build.

Lilith is best as a close support caster rather than a melee beater. She has acess to models that do murder well enough on their own. She does diruption to help them out by isolating targets.
>>
>>49453218
50 stones
I don't really use lilith so i'm not sure how she works. Dreamer can be run as either a close combat monster (using lord chompy bits to fuck shit up) or more commonly (atleast to me) as a summoner, his summoning is probably some of the best in the game.
>>
>>49453279
>>49453276
Thanks.

What kind of models should one buy to fill out a Dreamer crew/have stuff to summon?
>>
>>49453218
Fifty is the standard. Anything lower and summoning gets out of hand.

You can do a lot lower and still have balance if you stick to henchmen leaders and restrict summoning.
>>
>>49453432
Dreamer summons nightmares, so you're looking at:
Lelu and Lilitu
Insidious Madness
Stitched Together

It is possible to summon a Teddy, but you'd need Mr. Tannen.

Dreamer, like most summoners, will be trickier to start with because you'll need more models than you can normally field. His summons, Teddy, Doppelganger, and Widow Weaver would be plenty to work with.

Lilith is easier. Her crew, doppelganger, waldgeists, and Nekima is a solid start.
>>
>>49454335
thanks senpai
>>
File: slide4.jpg (97KB, 966x390px) Image search: [Google]
slide4.jpg
97KB, 966x390px
Okay, this game looks awesome. Any recommendations for Masters which are relatively balanced against one another (i.e. won't be a recurring curbstomp)? I want to drag my brother into this and don't want him to get disappointed by me winning constantly.
>>
>>49455157
Starter box, go from there.
>>
>>49455157
Starter box is not a bad start for many reasons, two tape measures, two fate decks, and crews that are very different but mostly balanced and can be expanded slowly if you want.

On the other hand you might be better off picking what factions you think you like and going from there in which case it would be better to list what faction/crew you think you want to start with and decide on what's balanced against it from there.
>>
>>49455157
Tell us which ones you think look cool. That said a pair which look different and are straightforward to play wouldn't be a bad plan. You can get Lady Justice and Jakob Lynch for example. Both are pretty easy to learn, and neither is exceptionally strong against the other.
>>
Any Nico players?
Thinking about starting him.

What do you use as the "core" of your lists? Cheap stuff like dogs and autopsies you can summon into other stuff? Stuff that makes corpses like Mortimer and the carrion emissary? Stuff with dismember?
>>
>>49457076
Based Toshio best henchmen buffer!
>>
>>49457076
Some people swear by dogs but I can't stand them. I actually recently got into an argument with another resser player in my meta where I asked why he took dogs when he was already running Morty with the shovel upgrade and corpse bloat.
"I get corpses on crows." He responded
"Crows that Nico wants so he can summon." I responded.
"What do you bring then?" He asked to which I responded "Almost anything else in ressers."

Like he tried telling me that they could do well in combat and I just kinda rolled my eyes.
>>
>>49457700
I only take a dog if I have 2 SS to spare. Dogs are better at generating corpses by dying than digging.
>>
>>49457763
Agreed
>>
>>49457639
I'd it worth it for the ++ over just +?
I guess he could do summoning to if the opponent drops scrap.

>>49457700
>>49457763
Maybe it's a hold over from 1st when every gravedigger could pop up corpses?

Seems like a waste of crows to me too.

Would Nico, 4 autopsies, and six dogs make for an alright list? Or am I better off looking for more force multiplier units?
>>
File: Shieldbearer.jpg (351KB, 1000x1458px) Image search: [Google]
Shieldbearer.jpg
351KB, 1000x1458px
>>49457076
I imagine you hire mostly enforcers and henchmen maybe living minions as anything else you can summon into play if and when you need it. If I started I would like the new shield bearers with him.

>>49457886
Definitely fit at least one beater and/or buffer to help out. Toshio, Izamu the Armor, Carrion Emissary

>>49457763
>>49457700
I've run Canine Remains with Marcus and they are great fast scheme runners plus the Scent of Death and Hunting Dog abilities are good but their ability to make corpse markers is meh especially with Neco and needing an 8 of birds.
>>
>>49457886
Well you have no good on demand corpse generation (aside from dogs dying after failing to do much).
Mortimer can do it with any 9+ since the suit is built in. Dogs will just waste your best cards.

Nico already is a force multiplier. Are you playing at 50SS? I do like Toshiro with Nico, even more than I do with Yan-Lo if you want more force multipliers. Punk Zombies can get up to +++ on attacks with them.
>>
>>49457991
I liked the shield bearers at first to. But I'm not sure. They never get undead for Nico's boost. And for a soulstone more you could grab Rafkin or the forgotten Marshall for units that boost other minions damage.

>>49457998
>after failing to do much).
I would have thought they'd do pretty well with thier stacking debuffs and getting 1 ap charges.

>>49457991
>>49457998
If you had you only had stones for Toshio or Carrion emissary, who do you pick?
>>
>>49459103
I've played against Toshiro in 10T and he is a beast, you can probably leave his summoning upgrade at home and focus on his use as a support piece to buff your minions and be a pain to kill with anything that has a low minimum damage.

Have not seen Carrion Emissary played but on demand blocking terrain is always great and getting a Mindless Zombie out of the deal is even better.

I think you would get more mileage out of Toshiro most games.
>>
>>49459103
Different roles really.

Toshiro supports all your minions, making them more effective, which adds up with Nico when all the stars align turning a regular Punk Zombie into a meat grinder. He's pretty sturdy and can do some damage if needed too. Carrion does lots of cool stuff, including some summoning, but provides support through control rather than buffs.

I like Toshiro more with Nico as a Force multiplier, but only proxied Carrion, who tends to be a huge target that people want to take out sooner rather than later.
>>
Any kind anons out there who feel like posting Sandeep's upgrades?
>>
File: 1416104943037.jpg (65KB, 821x652px) Image search: [Google]
1416104943037.jpg
65KB, 821x652px
how do I git gud at this game besides just playing a lot?

played 7 games, won once barely. I don't feel like I know what the fuck I'm doing.
>>
>>49460234
If you want to do it without playing then why play?

7 games is barely scratching the surface. Just play more and try to think about that you did wrong each time. If your opponents aren't shit heads they will likely be more than happy to run you through ideas to improve.
>>
>>49460234
What masters do you play?

I think the biggest trap new players fall into is forgetting about their schemes and getting sucked into the opponent's tempo trying to counter what they challenge you with without having your own goals planned and worked towards.
>>
>>49460234
Play a lot, read a lot, ask a lot of questions
>>
I tried out the terracotta warrior and Thrall with Lucius. He's back, boys.
>>
>>49460482
This. It's possible to get tabled and still win by a large margin, it all depends on strategy/schemes.
>>
Which crew is most fun to paint and assemble, and most exemplary of Malifaux's unique style and setting?
>>
>>49462508
I'm partial to Lady J's crew. Death Marshals are what got me into the game.
>>
>>49462508
>most fun to paint
hard to say, gorillions of beautiful and unique models
>and assemble
worst thing in wyrd models, they are mostly terribad to assemble, lots of tiny parts (I mean 7 parts for zombie chiuaua?) and sometimes require serious gap filling
>most exemplary of Malifaux's unique style and setting
I'd say Leveticus - includes regular dude, hot babe with short hair, few more babes and shits straight form your worst nightmares. All things that comes to my mind when I say mallifaux.
>>
>>49459308
Carrion gives the same aura buff Toshio does, just can't hand out fast.
>>
>>49462640
Also only 4 inch instead of 6.
>>
>>49462086
Story time?
>>
>>49462508
All of them are a bitch to assemble. Painting depends on what you like to paint. Gremlins were a lot if fun to paint. But big stompy robots would be fun to.

Seamus and the belles are probably the most iconic in my mind.
>>
>>49457991
I love the look of these Cloud Strife wannabes I'm trying to justify a reason to myself to chuck them into my Kirai crew who's the only Resser I have.

Maybe I'll add a pistol to their belts and run them as Guild Guards instead.
>>
>>4946271
Once they become spirits, they should synergize pretty well.
>>
How comes Rusty Alice can be set up in Ramos crew? I just read that on pullmyfinger but can't find any rule allowing this.
>>
>>49462716
>>49462747
Agreed, first turn have Kirai use a soulstone as part of her summoning to give them fast and run them up the board. If your opponent kills them they come back as spirits and make great teleport targets to sling shot the likes of Izamu into their face.

They are also not bad as summoning anchors as they get all of their killed benefits if they die form the damage.
>>
>>49462844
Rusty has mercenary.
>>
>>49462844
Only thing I can think of is Levi taking the model from a Ramos crew. There is no way to get Alice outside of Outcasts.

Maybe it's a hold over from first ed?

>>49462881
Is that in the FAQ/Errata? Because I'm looking at book two and she does not.
>>
>>49462881
She was in 1st edition, she's not anymore
>>
>>49462894
>>49462923
My mistake. I'm just getting back in after years off.
>>
So I'm just starting out with this game and so far I own the Thunder box and an Oiran box. Do you guys have any recommendations of other purchases for Ten Thunder? Also is there a place with a proper gallery for the models? The Wyrd site is terribad
>>
>>49462662
>Turf War against Dreamer
>Swapped Surprisingly Loyal for Secret Assets turn 1
>Free soulstones for all the 6s or fewer that were previously useless
>Focused Riflemen dropped Teddy and Lilitu from Issue Command spam
>Thrall took Teddy to the face twice, finally died on the last attack
>Dashel summoned a guard to arrest Teddy before the Rifleman dropped him
>Chompy comes in and tears through my Guild Guard
>Dashel summons more to arrest the Tyrant
>Guild Guard only around to not die and Exhaust enemies
>Won game thanks to guns and bodies clogging up the table
>tfw you can't see mfw because I'm wearing a mask
>>
>>49463081
If looking at seperate models; the Ten Thunder Brothers, the Katanaka Snipers or maybe the Samurai and an 8 or 9 SS enforcer or henchman.

As for other crewboxes; Shenlong's box helps a lot with Yu being great with Misaki and Shenlong being good at scheming. McCabe's also good at scheming, though his box doesn't have Yu, so that's a bit of a minus.
>>
>>49463142
Congrats. Sounds like he got a much needed boost which is great, hrs one if my favorite masters style wise. I just picked up his metal box.
>>
>>49463081
Shadow Effigy, Shadow Emissary, Katanaka Snipers, Yamaziko, Lust, Sensei Yu, Thunder Bros, Tannen, Jorogumo are all worth considering with Misaki.
>>
CampaignAnon here. Looking to buy my second Bounty for Avatar form on Mei Feng. What bounties are good for balled up Ten Thunders minions with two + to attack and one to damage if they stay balled?
>>
Hello anons! Any advice for Lucius box (first edition) + two riflemen? It's my starting band
>>
>>49463081
> Also is there a place with a proper gallery for the models? The Wyrd site is terribad
When ever I'm looking to see what the minis look like, I just google image search them.
>>
>>49464876
Lucius is one of the harder masters to play. He's a bit behind the curve in terms of power.

However look into the new Terracotta warriors and Witchling Thrall. They help bump up his competitiveness.
>>49463142
>>
>>49464876
Terracotta Warriors and Witchling Thralls are the shit. Grab the book and proxy until they come out.

Doppelganger and Changelings are also great to make that gunline really sing. Good models for them to copy include Austringers, Envy, and Freikorps Trappers.

Lucius is tricky to get the hang of, but rewarding to learn. Good luck.
>>
>>49462747
>>49462863
Thanks for twisting my arm guys, I'm going to run them next few games I have and see how I do.
>>
Crossroads and my scheme & strategies deck arrived today. Ordered abunch of tokens too.

Now I just need some models. Hah.
>>
>>49465941
You pick a faction yet?
>>
Anyone who basically owns an entire faction do you struggle picking a master sometimes? Sometimes too much choice is a bad thing and I feel totally lost.
>>
>>49468019
Sometimes it is a clear cut choice IE killy schemes and strats go with the killiest masters, but otherwise I just roll with what I am most comfortable with.
>>
>>49468019
I generally assign one to a strat or certain schemes or opposing faction. Or, I'll just go with the one I feel like playing that game.
>>
>>49468019
I think that most people either have a favorite couple of masters or have one they want to give some more play even before the game starts.

I've got most of the Resser stuff but, Nico and McMourning are my go toos.
>>
>>49469574
Speaking as someone who owns most of most of the factions, I normally go in with a generalist list with the master I want to play, considering we have so many new players I consider it kind of a handicap. I also sometimes allow my opponents to pick if it's a friendly game and I have several lists to choose from.
>>
Tara crew so far, NB and his void wretches are gonna get a gloss finish to make 'em look wet, but I feel I need something else on them suggestions?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>49470569
Bleh picture didn't post
>>
>>49470604
It's different. Almost seems like an aquatic theme.
>>
>>49471153
Well the void is kinda like a place outside of time. So I kinda wanted to reflect that with floating rocks and glowing shit.
>>
So I got a bunch of crews from first edition, and I'm looking through the new rules. But can I get some advice what models are often used/fit into the following masters:

Sonnia
Lady Justice
Rasputina
Nico
Kirai

I understand that this is a pretty broad request, but there is so much faction-cross over I'm a bit lost. I have no idea where to start, so I'm just looking to expand into stuff that synergizes with those masters. (totems included since 1E boxes did not have them)
>>
>>49471294
Not a huge guild guy (might start playing them when I get dead justice painted but that might not be for a while) but I can help with ressers. Kirai makes spirits obviously, but she does it extremely well, and not just summons them but makes them better, stuff like izamu who is really tanky and slow moving can be launched across the board. She got a nerf recently (all summoners did) to where you have to make sure that the ikyrio you summon is in los to her, but she's still good.

Nico on the other hand is all about corpse markers and mindless zombies. There is a really good podcast episode for him on schemes and stones. Also it's personal preference but some people will try to sell you on lots of undead dogs. I'm not a fan of them, I understand why people take them but I'd rather have something I feel is better.

If you want to cross over between guild and ressers pick up mcmourning

I recommend you head over to the pull my finger wiki for malifaux synopsis, and check out schemes and stones for tips and tricks.
>>
>>49471505
Thanks. I know Nico can summon damn near anything so everything has a use, but what models are necessary for Kirai. Onryo, Gaki and Senshin are obviously core, but what about other spirits?

Is something like the Drowned or Shikome worth summing?
>>
>>49471564
Both are nice, but ideally you would want to get the Datsu bae and some Gaki beforehand.
>>
>>49463317
>hrs one if my favorite masters style wise
Lol, nigga that's what everybody say
>>
>>49471643
Thanks, I already have her, she did come in the starter set in 1E
>>
>>49471685
Here's swag as fuck.
To bad they decided to make him worse as a master then he was as a henchmen.
>>
>>49471698
I forgot about that. Make sure to have plenty of seishens as well.
>>
>>49468019
10T player here, and this is my curse. I'm not only deciding which Master I have, I'm deciding which /faction/ I have, every game. The worst has got to be when you've got a Master that doesn't suit the scheme at all, but what he unlocks is exactly what the schemes call for.
>>
>>49471294
> Sonnia
Papa Loco, Malifaux Child, Death Marshall, Francisco Ortega
> Lady Justice
Governor's proxy, Francisco Ortega, Mounted Guard (Try it sometime)
> Rasputina
Ctrl-F Frozen Heart. Also the usual Arcanists Goodstuff, Joss, Howeard, etc.
> Nico
Carrion Emissary. I CANNOT overstate the Carrion Emissary and Toshiro with this man. You'll be weak to Blasts, but your zombie horde will be infinite and unstoppable.
> Kirai
No experience with/against her.
>>
>>49472165
Thanks.

Is putting Carrion Emissary and Toshiro in the same crew viable? I'm going to miss Mortimer
>>
>>49472271
All three is expensive, but it can be a rather rude surprise. Having access to all 3 and mixing and matching to suit the schemes/strats is great, though. ML6 Mindless Zombies with a + to attack...well, it may not do much damage, but you put enough zombies on a problem and it's going to go away. I actually don't suggest the summoning upgrade on Toshiro for this, since you need your zoms in a ball, and giving them spears shuts off the Emissary buff.
>>
>>49472290
I thought about a list like this. I was going to squeeze Rafkin in to for minimum damage 2 on poison targets.
>>
>>49468019
I have a favourite that I know better than the others for each faction.

The important thing is knowing what schemes they really can't do and knowing another master or two to cover the gaps.

Beyond that I'll bust my others out for friendlies to see how they run with different crew combos.
>>
Hey guys I need your help. Getting into this game with a mate and heard that Ten Thunder lets you use a variety of models you wouldn't et with other factions. Was wondering if there's a good way to make a Misaki list that centers around Torakage, Ronin and Oiran. The ideabeing that the list is named _____ Sluts and A Dream. So is there a way to run it efficiently or is it just a bad idea and won't work? All this came about because I wanted the Thunder box and the Swords for Hire Box
>>
>>49474143
Orian in general aren't very good because they lack the trigger to make them go off and their is printed ca is 5 I believe.
Torakage are alright I wouldn't run a lot though. Same with ronin, that said I kinda like two ronin with misaki, and running them with her , disguise and survivalist means that she's extremely difficult to pin down let alone deal a lot of damage to. I like brining jorogumo with misaki though. Nothing like taking yamizako, smoke and shadows and teleporting all of them across the board turn 1
>>
>>49474955
>Orian in general aren't very good
I am very upset by this - they are a Showgirl that's effectively no good to Colette because with the Merc tax they're too expensive for what they do.
>>
>>49471294
>Sonnia
Francisco, Papa, Death Marshal, Austringers, Brutal Effigy, Brutal Emissary, Grimwell, Watchers, Pathfinder, Witchling Stalkers
>Lady J
Francisco, Judge, Grimwell, Brutal Effigy, Brutal Emissary, Abuela, Austringers, Death Marshals, Death Marshal Recruiters, Pathfinder, Witchling Stalkers
>Raspy
Snowstorm, Ice Dancers, Acolytes, Silent Ones, Blessed of December, Performers, Hoarcats, Hank, Joss, Wendigo
>Nico
Emissary, Tosh, Mortimer, Bete, Shieldbearers, all his summons, Nurses, Chiaki
>Kirai
All her summons, Datsue-ba, Philip, Sebastian, Belles, Chiaki, Nurses
>>
>>49474143
You could run Misaki as outcast to avoid the merc tax on Ronin.

Her and a bunch of independent minions could work. Oiran aren't great, but a model carrying Hidden Agenda can help a lot. Hit something and they all get fast + focused.
>>
>>49475813
Who's Hank? Howard Langston?
Also, are there any non-Arcanist Frozen Heart units?
>>
>>49475642
>I'd rather take a performer.
>>
>>49476008
Yes, that's Hank. And I don't believe there are any non-Arcanist frozen heart models.
>>
>>49475813
>Bete
I don't really like Bete with Nico.
I usually have other things I want to do with 10+ then keep them in hand to keep Bete alive.
>>
>>49476399
She's a fun throw in to any resser crew, though I admit I play Nico as more of a buff ball than summoning engine.
>>
>>49472165
Give rasputina all her ice bitches i.e. december acolytes, silent ones, ice dancers, just go full Frozen Heart.
>>
>>49476490
She is a lot of fun. I'll give you that.

I'll have to try and bring her more in softer Nico lists. Gotta see if I can hunt down the old alternate metal model.
>>
>>49476714
I just like any excuse to throw out the translucent one. Threw a bit of blood for the blood good on it and it looks pretty slick.
>>
>>49475813
> Lady J
> No Mounted Guard
How are you getting her into combat while preservong the sword's plus?
>>
>>49474955
Oiran aren't there for Lures, though. They're there to poke things to death with flutter and give out WP buffs, not to mention not being bad at scheme running. In a Colette crew, their purpose is stopping enemy beaters from being able to attack, oh, your entire crew.
>>
>>49466078
I'll go a few rounds with the starter set before I can say anything definitely.
But Ophelia and Mah Tucket (for Trixiebelle) are high on my list.
Lucuis seems like a good choice since he is both Neverborn and Guild, but I also favor Jacob Lynch. And Lady J. for Guild cause her Ghost Riders look awesome.

Why is choosing the master the hardest part of the game?
>>
>>49476788
Well, Mounted Guards can only pull non-leaders, so there's that.

Brutal Emissary is my delivery method of choice. Bury and unbury her by any scheme marker or the emissary. The extra + flips to Df help too. Bonus points if you use Abuela to make it bury her turn 1 for the ultimate sling shot.
>>
I can't decide between Ophelia,Hoffman, The Brewmaster, Jack Daw, Victorias, Ramos and Rasputina.

All looks cool, just decision which one should be my 1st grab.
>>
>>49476830
I'd go Ophelia. Trixibelle is a henchmen anyone can use.
>Why is choosing the master the hardest part of the game?
I think it's wyrds evil plan to make you buy all the models, by making them all awesome.

>>49476906
>2 gremlins
>2 Arcanists
>2 Outcasts
>1 Guild
My only suggestion is not Hoffman.
If you're new to the hobby, I'd pick whatever crew you think can look good with the worst paint job.
>>
>>49476961
Well, paiting difficulty is not a problem. I've painted orks before, so paiting gremlin skin would be cake. On the other hand there're hot gals to paint, robot crew, creepy ghost and ice golems.

When it comes go gameplay I have really no idea.
>>
>>49477041
Gremlins got greenskins and hot girls.
Only shame is, they are not in the same box and that drives me mad.
>>
>>49476036
I aready run Colette with her two Performers out of the box.
Basically, boxed set plus Joss and the Emissary, with a full cache.
I was thinking of dropping the Emissary and some of the cache, or Joss, and taking an Oiran against Wp-duel heavy crews.
Basically, if I can draw Schemes that suit pissing Markers everywhere, then the Oiran will let me do that more efficiently by reducing my losses to Horror or Pandora shenanigans.

Why is Google so interested in bodegas?
>>
>>49476036
Basically this: >>49476821
Oiran are actual minion-combat Showgirls, while your beaters run screen against enemy henchmen and enforcers.
>>
>>49477041
I'd start with Ophelia, pretty straight forward shooty master with some support abilities. Also sexy short stacks.
>>
>>49476906
Jacky Jack Jack Jack Daw

Soon
>>
Any tips for running Zorida with Gremlins?

Any cool things she can add?
I was thinking nurses+ Lenny would be cool. Lenny's immune to conditions so you could heal him without paralyzing. Also the ram would mean guaranteed Hallucinogens (and massive dose?)

A nurse with a 4/6/8 damage spread sounds pretty funny.
>>
>>49477575
Shit never mind. It's only pigs and gremlins.
>>
File: soon.jpg (166KB, 514x474px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
166KB, 514x474px
>>49477532
>Soon
>>
>>49477847
Good lad, I was looking for that.

Think I'll start playing Jack again. With any luck, the divergent paths story will head his way.
>>
>>49477532
>>49477847
what does it mean? some changes comming for him?
>>
>>49477988
Doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>49477988
Nope, just that Daw is coming for all of you very soon.
>>
What would I need along Brewmaster and Victorias boxes to play at 50ss?
>>
>>49472165
>>49475813
What's the appeal of Papa Loco?
>>
>>49478368
Well, you could play Brewie with Taelor and a Ronin hired as mercs, but it won't be great.

>Viks
Vanessa, Freikorps Librarian, Trapper, hodgepodge effigy, dunno about the emissary but I've heard good things

>Gremlin Brewie
Lenny, Trixie, Burt, Roosters, Performer

>10T Brewie
Yin, 10T Bros, snipers, Izamu, Sensei Yu
>>
>>49478606
Papa Loco has an ability that gives a friendly model + to damage flips until he activates again. He gives that to Sonnia and gets buried by a Death Marshal so he won't activate and give up the buff. Then Sonnia is able to enjoy easily cheated damage flips to put blasts everywhere.
>>
>>49478635
Thanks, sneaky.
>>
>>49478610
Thanks for tips anon, I'll grab Viktorias box along with Vanessa and effigy, and then fill rest with hired guns box after I paint my stuff. Thanks a bunch.
>>
Is a rat crew with hamelin easy to play?
I'm thinking about starting and they look like the closest thing to the zerg.
Would the plague cometh and brotherhood of the rat be enough to play with?
>>
>>49479681
Brielle?
>>
>>49479681
Most of the stuff in those two will be summoned so you'll want a few more to round out the list.

You'll want at least one big beater like killjoy, Lazarus, or Bishop. Johan is also a great model for most any list.
>>
>>49479681
Easy, yes, but arguably one of the least interesting to play as, and possibly most irritating to play against.

And despite having something like 20 models, I'm still not sure how many stones those two boxes add up to.
Allowing for spare rats to summon in, I'm not sure you'll be able to get 50ss.
>>
>>49479795
Would dreamer be a more fun crewleader to play?
>>
>>49480079
Marginally.
>>
>>49480079
Yes.
>>
>>49480079
>>49480206
Ah, my bad, I thought you meant fun to play against. He's plenty fun to play yourself.
>>
How does Lilith's "charge without LoS" works? What goes is it?
>>
>>49479681
>>49480079
Hamelin is pretty tricky to learn with all the summoning and conditions, and those 2 boxes don't add up to very much since most of it is summoned. He likes a big beater (killjoy, bishop, Lazarus, Alyce, A&D) and the outcast staples (Johan, Trapper, Librarian, etc)

Dreamer is a bit more active, moving around and pushing/buffing his dudes, plus Chompy is fun to set loose on people.

Both are fine. Some butts get flustered with summoning, so be warned.

>>49480390
She can charge models she can't see. She has to physically be able to make the charge (straight line, have enough movement, etc) though. So she can declare a charge through dense terrain or past blocking terrain to catch a model around the corner.
>>
>>49480494
Ah, thanks. I assumed that it basically allows her to charge stuff that's near a corner.
>>
What's the maximum number of:
-Scheme
-Corpse
-Scrap
-Other
counters I would need for a game?
>>
>>49480688
That is a tough one to answer. First, always put down corpses and scrap. Because some masters (Sonnia) drop really bad things that can be nudged safely away because they can't touch markers.

Typically, I go for 10 corpse/scrap markers (because I like to offer for my opponents), and unless you're playing Colette or parker, you should only need 15 scheme markers EVER.
>>
>>49480713
Haven't played yet, but in other games I generally like to have high quality components and enough for my opponent and I. Not only to be considerate, but I don't like looking at janky tables. It also makes the gamestate easier to evaluate and more aesthetic.
>>
>>49480713
So how much would you feel I'd need for a high corpse, scrap, scheme game? Assuming in each scenario it's a mirror match?
>>
>>49480933
Agreed. I found that using stickers to make my own markers is super helpful, mainly because when everyone uses plain black 30m bases for stuff...it's easy to lose track of who did what.

Just sad I can't find Beagle Boys stickers for Parker "Drop It" markers.

>>49480946
If you're playing a summoner, then I'd suggest double. The idea is that since most crews are 8 models deep, going for 15 is handy for both players. Summoners could go for more or much more depending on if you summon weenies a lot (Hamelin) or big fellas.

So...30?
>>
>>49480978
Thanks for your input and time, greatly appreciate it.
>>
What should be considered besides schemes when trying to make a crew?
I assume some of what >>49460482 says is considered, but any other variables which should be considered?
>>
>>49481735
Schemes are definitely number one. Without knowing your meta, the best thing to consider is...

>Do I have a beater
>Do I have someone to get objectives done
>Can I tie anything up (not always an option)
>Do I need any resources that can be provided

Once you know the factions a bit better and your local meta, hearing what you're up against will likely inform your choices.

>Hear Neverborn...likely will see Nekima if not a Collodi list...shooty bang shoots is not a bad idea
>Hear Arcanist...oh hi Joss/Coryphee Duet better pack armor piercing

(Granted the above is based on my meta).

But starting out, if you can build to accomplish any three of the five schemes and the strat you're doing great!
>>
>>49480713
>Because some masters (Sonnia) drop really bad things that can be nudged safely away because they can't touch markers.
Can you elaborate?
New here.
>>
>>49481735
First you look at which master you have which fits best with the schemes you're given, then you fill it up with the units that master absolutely needs, then you fill up the rest of your crew with the roles it's lacking.

Almost all lists need 2+ actual threats so your opponent can't just fuck around unpunished. The rest is for a very large part what fits your master (which in fitting with him fits your schemepool) and your personal style.

Personal preference is huge. I tend to find myself with fairly elite crews, wanting to do the things I do well and making up for being outactivated by taking out some cheap shit, and that works really well for me, though you see other people with the same master and schemes do vastly different things and take different approaches - your list should accommodate your preferences and inclinations (given that they work).
>>
File: nellie.jpg (136KB, 473x597px) Image search: [Google]
nellie.jpg
136KB, 473x597px
Work continues on Nellie, I still need to highlight up the coat a bit more, she's getting closer to being finished though.
>>
>>49481859
Sure can. Let me look at her upgrades.

So looking at Soniia's flame wall. It cannot be placed within 1'' of any model OR marker.

So if I don't put down corpse markers, then the flame wall can be put just beyond an inch of my models. With corpse markers, they cannot be placed within 2'' effectively giving me a bit of breathing room.

Most terrain generators have a similar restriction.
>>
>>49482055
That looks great, m8
>>
Tara crew guy here, only karina, bishop and the washes on the death marshal to finish up. Anyone got suggestions for the void wretches I posted earlier?
>>
>>49483388
I might do green dry brushing, to contrast the black and make the scales look bioluminescent.
>>
>>49484187
Like that neon green mix I was doing for their mouths and eyes?
>>
>>49483388
I think they need more colours, at the moment they just sort of blend in with the bases. I know that's sort of the look you're going for but at the moment they just look very plain. Maybe more neon green on the edges, that and do something more with the non neon parts
>>
>>49484300
Any suggestions for the non neon parts?
>>
>>49484327
mottled patterns on the skin, brighter highlights.
To be honest I have no idea how to paint void wretches, i've got the nightmare tara box just sat on my painting desk and untouched because I legitimately have no idea how to go about painting it.
>>
>>49484379
If it's the smoke one it's easy make them look like they are warping in and out via an airbrush... otherwise you are kinda on your own....I really want that set for the better Karina and NB
>>
Why the fuck are the Emissary boxes so expensive? It's one fucking miniature and they are the price of a starter set.
>>
>>49484558
Simply because they're two sprues and 8 cards, so it is sort of comparable to a crew box.
>>
>>49484558
All of them have been the biggest minis for malifaux to date.
>>
>>49484585
oh i'm wrong, it's only one sprue.
Still massive.
>>
>>49484228
Yeah. I think it would make them pop.
>>
>>49484558
They're supposed to be $40, distributors are fucking up.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>49484719
Better?
>>
>>49485176
I like it.
>>
>>49485490
10-4 I still think it's missing something but it's better than nothing, and I don't wanna suddenly deviate into another color like magenta.
>>
>>49484558
Because you're probably buying them at full retail. Why would you do that? My Hodgepodge was only 25.
>>
File: image.jpg (911KB, 3138x1833px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
911KB, 3138x1833px
Tara crew is as done as its gonna get. Might revist big nasty and the munchkins later but I think they are probably fine.

So, work on Hamlin stuff, viktoria stuff, or start on Von schill and his freikorps?
>>
>>49485176
Blend it down across a bit with some more muted green.
Like they are radioactive embers
>>
>>49486203
Viks. Unless you like the friekorps gimp suits.
>>
>>49486780
meh..I could take 'em or leave 'em...I'm looking at picking up some of the Brotherhood of steel miniatures from brother vinny's website as stand ins for the freikorps in friendly games.
>>
>>49486203
Damn, Karina is stacked.
>>
>>49486856
yeah no shit right? Guess Deals with creatures from another place outside of time comes with a free boob job, Tara obviously opted for the monster arm instead.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>49486780
Viks done. Gonna be a toss up between hamelin's stuff, jack daw and the cr7 and Von schill's group of fetish enthusiasts. Saving Leviticus for the very end cause I have a lot that I want to do up a certain way for his pariah of iron style of play.
>>
File: joegolem.jpg (75KB, 600x728px) Image search: [Google]
joegolem.jpg
75KB, 600x728px
>>49447329
is there any resource to find players?

If not, what would be some good suggestions for developing one?
>>
>>49488012
Does your FLGS have a facebook page? Worth asking if there is anyone around that wants a game. There might be some lurkers there.
>>
>>49488389
my flgs doesn't play according to the two people I asked that work there
>>
>>49488429
That doesn't mean there aren't some people that have stuff that would love to play or even some newbies that like the look but think no one plays.

Never hurts to run some demos or put up a flyer looking for people interested etc.
>>
>>49488472
well I was actually considering renting out space at a county library

They have some really swank accommodations, I would just need to have laser precision on setup and takedown.
>>
>>49488498
>I would just need to have laser precision on setup and takedown.
Good luck with that and new players.
If that's the case, I'd book 4 hours just to be on the safe side - my first 50ss games took that long even without needing to explain the basic rules.
>>
Can any non masters reliably bury other friendly models?
>>
>>49489926
death marshals
>>
>>49487709
they look really nice, I love the purple. if you've not picked already I say do jack daw next, he's clearly the coolest outcast master.
>>
>>49490023
My problem with jacky is that I can decide if I want to do him all ghostly or not and I want some bases that look like hell is crawling up from around him and the cr7. That said I'm kinda already started with him as I have a hanging tree painted and I started doing some work on greed the other night.
>>
Speaking of Jack, I'm going back to him after a long hiatus. And even then I only got in a few games.

I have his crew, the outcast staples (freikorps, bishop, Laz, Johan, taelor) and every tormented model. So what else would I need to Daw it up?
>>
>>49490501
First time I've ever heard of Laz being run with him what's the synergy?
>>
>>49491023
Guilty can make him tormented, Jack can move into position to auto fire. Similar deal with Alyce or Gunslingers.
>>
>>49491052
Ah I was expecting something wild.
>>
So, how does Malifaux justify the fact that there are guys with swords running around against people using revolvers, miniguns and whatever the fuck guns they're using? I mean, of course I know guns and melee weapons coexisted for a long while in real life, but once we got smokeless powder like these chaps seem to be shooting with, melee is gone out of the window.

Is it just magic?

I'm asking because I'm a complete noob at Malifaux, and love it's aesthetics. But I want to know if lore-wise there is something that goes into that, or it's just rule of cool.
>>
>>49491093
I'm a simple man with simple needs.

>>49491195
Magic, mostly. Regular grunts get gunned down with regularity, but your fated characters, mostly masters and henchmen, can use soulstones and magic and stuff to protect themselves.

Plus robots and monsters and weaboos and stuff.
>>
>>49491195
It's the turn of the century. Cavalry sabers are still a thing. Also the existence of fate manipulating magic and healing means you can be "bulletproof" to a certain extent.

On top of that there are undead that hard to kill, short of dismemberment. And it's hard to dismember with bullets.

I don't know if the contribute at all defensively but a lot of the weapons are magical in nature too. Some, like the relic hammers are even sentient, so they might actively protect the user.
>>
>>49491195
Lets start with the lowly Desperate Mercenary. He has a sword as a back up to his collier pistol because ammo costs money and runs out and you always want to be armed in Malifaux. That's how it is for most of the backup weapons in the game, Death Marshals have a blade built into their pistols largely for that reason.

Then we have people like The Lone Swordsman, Lady Justice, or Lilith to name a few. The magic of Malifaux combined with skill/grit/'the rule of cool' lets them survive wounds that would kill most and let them move with lightning speed to reach enemies.

Combine with the relatively close ranges that fights are usually assumed to happen and the fact that not all enemies are human and vulnerable to bullets and melee still has a place in the world of Malifaux
>>
>>49465814

They also trigger Malevolence since they are living, which is probably the only time that trait will be a bonus in Ressers.
>>
How does competitive play work? You pick a faction first, and then you can make a crew using anything from it?

Does that mean that you pretty much need damn near everything from a single faction to really compete?
>>
>>49492535
Most tournies are single faction and you can pick a new crew every game.

Having it all can give a bit of analysis paralysis, so lots of folks just have a few masters and a pool of models they're comfortable with.

Notably, the dude who won US Nationals 2 years in a row pretty much played the same crew both years.
>>
>>49492535
Negative. You can build a generalist crew and still do fairly well. That being said it's usually better to have options.
>>
>>49492743
What crew did he play?
>>
>>49492895
Sonnia and very rarely trickshot Perdita
>>
>>49491195
>>49491616
I think, aside from the magic stuff, gunshot wounds can be less fatal than people naturally assume, even when they hit centre mass.
Admittedly, not "shrug off a dozen revolver rounds" degrees of less-fatal, but it's still not a one-and-done deal.

>>49492535
As the last two guys said, it's such a complex game (in terms of sheer number of possible interactions) that knowing how your crew works best is usually better than having every available tool at your disposal.
Go ask one of the really good vets at your local club for a game, ask them to pick an intentionally sub-standard crew, get a hand picking yours from another player, and watch as they demolish you anyway.
>>
Do some folks want to try some list-picking practice next thread?
I assume we're hitting auto-sage.

http://godswearhats.com/malifaux/schemes/

I'm going to generate some strats and schemes and a map, and declare my faction.
Then, come at me Malibraux.
>>
>>49494571
Just as a heads up, I'm only going to be picking from my very limited selection of models (and available proxies) and sole faction (Arcanists).
If y'all want to take a more general approach, I'll include the randomly generated opposition faction in the first post too, so the knowledge of roughly what I'm likely to pick doesn't spoil the mystery.
>>
File: WelcometotheJungle.jpg (336KB, 783x781px) Image search: [Google]
WelcometotheJungle.jpg
336KB, 783x781px
>>49494571
>>49494663

Deployment: Standard (3)

Strategy: Guard the Stash / Reckoning (10 Crows)
Schemes: (6 Masks, 10 Masks)
Take Prisoner (Doubles)
Exhaust Their Forces (Masks)
Detonate The Charges (6)
Public Demonstration (10)
Convict Labor (Always)

CPU Opponent declares: Ressurectionists

I declare: Arcanists

For reference:
The North-West bush is Height 4, the rest of the bushes are Height 3, the rocks are all Height 2 and those linear obstacles are barbed wire fences, Height 1 Damage 1/2/4.
The stream is difficult terrain (half movement).

I'm going to work out my crew and pick my schemes and then post - probably in about fifteen minutes.
>>
>>49494770
Sounds fun

50 SS Guild Crew
Nellie Cochrane + 6 Pool
- Embedded (1)
- Delegation (1)
- Misleading Headlines (1)
The Printing Press (3)
Hannah (10)
- Numb To The World (1)
Phiona Gage (8)
- Wrath of The Guild (1)
- Curfew (1)
Burt Jebsen (7)
- A Debt To The Guild (1)
Witchling Stalker (5)
Sanctioned Spellcaster (5)
Field Reporter (4)

Nellie can set up Reckoning easy with Phiona or Burt doing the heavy lifting. Hannah is just bonkers good and can help move things around if necessary. Stalker and Spellcaster are mostly there for anti-resser tech.

Most likely I'll take Detonate and either Exhaust or Convict
>>
>>49495334
Glad you joined me.
Obviously, I'm later than stated - got sidetracked reading the GG16 schemes and the upgrades available.

I've teched(ish) against the Ressurs generated opponent, so I'm afraid there's no real competitive edge if we were playing.
But rest assured that it'd probably be much the same list, maybe with a bigger cache and no Effigy, I guess.

>>49494770
Arcanists
50ss Crew

Colette Du Bois -- 4ss
+Arcane Reservoir - 2ss
+Cabaret Choreography - 2ss
+A Lady's Secret - 2ss

Cassandra - 8ss
+Practiced Production - 1ss
+Smoke And Mirrors - 1ss

Joss - 10ss

Arcane Effigy - 4ss
Mannequin - 4ss
Mannequin - 4ss
Performer - 5ss
Performer - 5ss

Detonate the Charges
Exhaust Their Forces (maybe Convict Labour if the crew looks killy)

I'd take the South deployment.

Sight-lines aren't great, which is why I didn't take my customary Freikorp Trapper crutch for minion-deletion.

Joss and a Performer + Mannequin will go for one Stash, pissing Markers as they go.
Cassandra and the other pair, backed by Colette (to give Cass the killing power and manoeuvrability), will go for the other.
The Effigy will go whichever way looks like it needs more condition removal, while Doves go whereever things need killing or surviving.

The Performers, backed by the Mannequin's ability to let them throw markers, will represent Convict to encourage people to try and kill them and get engaged, while Colette grants them free Interacts.

Also, what's the deal with the Reckoning/Stash thing?
Is one GG15 and one GG16?
>>
>>49495632
>Sight-lines aren't great,
Speaking of which, this terrain seems very, very dense.
I know it's supposed to be >33%, but damn, I think the longest firing lane is about 10".
>>
>>49494770
>>49495632
I've just realised it might be well worth dropping either the Effigy or the Mannequin on Colette's side of the board for a Trapper after all - that would give me my three Minions at >15ss for Show of Force, which should be a piece of piss with Colette prompting people into position and the Trapper's Reposition trigger.

Anyone have any critiques of either mine of the Nellie list?

I'm afraid I know next to nothing about Guild, and especially Nellie.
Why only one Reporter though, if you're going for Convict?

Also, is Burt good?
I've never seen him played.
>>
>>49495632
There's 2 lists of strats/deployments: classic and contemporary, so it generates both I guess. Let's assume Stash, then.
>>
>>49495981
1 Reporter fits in pointswise with the anti-resser duo. Otherwise those 10SS would be another reporter or Watcher and an Austringer. Nellie can dump scheme markers fairly well and can always give somebody fast to drop 2 markers in a turn.

Burt is just great value. He can go reckless for an extra AP, which combined with Nellie giving fast can be 4 moves or attacks or whatever. Ml6 min damage 3 with crit strike, min damage 4 when he pops Debt to the Guild. Potentially 4 attacks in one turn. And when he dies, I get a rock back.

Colette crew looks solid, though I tend to feel like Colette can win with just about anything.
>>
>>49496207
>I tend to feel like Colette can win with just about anything.
People keep telling me this, but I'm getting really, really good at having my crew taken to pieces and shat on by anything with a half-decent damage spread.
Or high Ml attack.
Or good activation control.
>>
New thread?
>>
>>49496325
Literally just shit out scheme markers everywhere and use your DF triggers to discard them instead of taking damage. Make sure your crew has a sufficient beater (or tank, if no beaters available) to engage anything that can work around that.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 300x168px
So I got done with the child scenario, outcast vs guild. Tara vs Perdita.

Schemes were frame for murder, set up, show of force, exhast their forces, and convict labor.
Strat was the panicked flight mission.
He took set up and frame for murder on Nino who he deployed near the child across from where I deployed my freikorp trapper. I took convict labor and frame for murder on bishop who turn 1 got into combat with perdita and beat her 2 wounds from death. She fanned the hammer right into his head. I killed Nino with the trapper the same turn. Turn 2 we fought the stalkers before I killed perdita in a hail of gunfire, and I started pushing the kid back towards my deployment. Turn three I started by pushing the kid into my deployment zone and then finally set up all 3 of the convict labor scheme markers to score on 'em meanwhile picking off his dudes like grapes.
Turns 4-5 were pretty similar and I got to 11 points before the game ended with only an austringer left near his deployment zone.
11-3 outcasts.
I have a game against neverborn tomorrow, against either collodi or Jakob lynch. I'm thinking about running misaki and her smoke and shadows jorogumo.
>>
>>49498755
We're 50 or so off.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>49494770
Great! We're still doing lists. I fell asleep and didn't finish mine.

But ok, without looking at anything else. Here's my set up. I have Jack Daw and Von Schill, but I am committing myself to mastering Viks and Parker ONLY.

Parker Barrows (6 SS)
+Oathkeeper
+Tally Sheet
+Hail of Bullets

Doc Mitchell (3)

Hans (9)
Scout the Field

Sue (8)
Return Fire

Johan (7)
The Bigger they Are

Bandido (5)
Bandido (5)
Performer (6 with Merc Tax)
Winged Plague (4)

So the idea here is to have Hans, on turn 1 push into that sweet sniper lane down the middle from bottom left to top right so he could cover a lot of the board. He would fire on any enemy scheme runners, burning scout the field if he has to (or 3 health or lower totems if they suck enough).

The performers entire job is to pull some not-so-bad enforcer within range of herself and the bandidos. for public demonstration. Detonate the Charges or Exhaust would be my other choices since we're going to be hanging out in the middle.

Parker, Sue, and Hans with the tome trigger have the job of dropping any big guys or summoners so the others can score points for the stash.
>>
>>49504163
Oh and did the math wrong. 4SS. Bu it will be 5 turn one from oath keeper.
>>
>>49499429
It's actually a bit more fiddly than you would think to consistently get that scheme marker within 1" for the "Now You See Me"teleport trigger - I often find I've blocked myself due to having other markers within 4" (exactly because the girls are shitting them out everywhere), or that Colette herself is sufficiently crowded in that it's hard to find a place to put it out of reach of enemy models.
I tend to run Practiced Production (the one that gives you a free marker placement at the start of activation) on Cassandra to free up slots on Colette.
Normally I'll run Arcane Reservoir (extra control hand card), Cabaret Choreography (Dove summoning) and either Shell Game (Surge trigger on Prompt) or A Lady's Secret (don't remove marker after teleporting to it).

Any Colette players got any advice on upgrades?
>>
>>49504163
Have you been playing Parker much?
How does he play?
Had a chance to roflstomp any of the other marker-based crews like Colette or Nellie?
>>
>>49504278
>Have you been playing Parker Much?
I played him in about six games so far and last Sunday I won my first tournament game with him vs Titania.

>How does he play?
He's super mobile, like Parker was backflipping across the table every turn and he stays with a lot of stones. But the stones MELT with concentrated fire against him. But he kinda works as a distraction. His upgrade switch mechanic is really the star of the show as he's a lot like Shen Long in having the right tool for the job.

His 18inch Push action is expensive (requiring an 8) but oh so sexy and powerful.

>Had a chance to roflstomp any of the other marker-based crews like Colette or Nellie?
Not yet, but I salivate over the chance.
>>
>>49504490
Oh and Doc Mitchel is the hero in so many of my games it's not even funny. I've had him kill steal witchling stalkers from Ashes and Dust, shoot Ashes and Dust to deny full points for frame for murder, Heal Parker back up to full with a double hard to wound.

The crew seems to be one that benefits from having low card and keeping masks and tomes for triggers. So you usually run half a hand down at least.
>>
Do you guys run anything special on Mei Feng? Was thinking of picking up the game ause her as one of my first Masters in Ten Thunder. How do you guys build her crews?
>>
>>49501869
I did it with a friend who's new to Malifaux yesterday, Ressers vs Ten Thunders. Nicodem vs Mei Feng. He got a little salty when i started making more zombies and he had some especially bad flips to try to maintain the board, but later realized he had a way to pull out a win, all that he needed to do was stop me from scoring any more vp from the child in my deployment zone. So, he activated his Katanaka Sniper, and shot the child down in cold blood. 6-5 victory for the Ten Thunders, and I think I've taught him this game pretty well.
>>
File: 20160925_191427-1.jpg (370KB, 1420x851px) Image search: [Google]
20160925_191427-1.jpg
370KB, 1420x851px
My Starter set arrived!
Though I was busy with stuff this weekend, I finally got down to start painting these fucks.
>>
>>49506862
Dude, blackface? Really?
>>
>>49507179
People turned into Nephilim get a little bit of black blood after all
>>
>>49507231
Exactly. And I take that very seriously.

But I just gotta buy some new paint for the skin on thursday.
>>
>>49507231
Nice save.
>>
>>49506862
Those look good. I like the blood spatter.
>>
Can anyone recomend a premade adventure for TTB that heavily features Resurectionists/Undead?
>>
>>49507580
A Night in Rottenburg is a good one, so is Legacy of Darkness.
>>
When are the september releases released? I need those decks (uppgrade and classic).
>>
>>49507780
Usually on the 28th of each month.
>>
Here's a thought experiment for you guys.

You have a have to construct a pool of models that has a reasonable chance at all schemes but it must be done with the smallest amout of money possible.

Multiple masters would be permitted if you needed two master boxes for their minions for example.

My thought would probably be Seamus box, McMorning box and Yin.
>>
File: mallifaux.png (6MB, 1504x2220px) Image search: [Google]
mallifaux.png
6MB, 1504x2220px
>spent last 2 weeks trying to figure out which master I want to grab after my paycheck
>I started with 2 options and ended up with 9 (and non of them are guys I wanted to pick at the begining)

what to do anons? Just go to LGS and grab 1st box that catch my attention?
>>
>>49508802
Which models appeal to you most aesthetically and what play style do you want to go for? Pretty important to ensure you enjoy your crew and stick with it.

Both of those are pretty important, and Malifaux has so many choices you should be able to find a crew that does both.
>>
>>49508859
I haven't played yet, I just saw a few games at LGS, so I can't really say what playstyle I'd prefer. Both shooty and melee masters seem to be fire. Summoners seem to be overpowered, but that's not my cup of tea. I think I could get along with master that fuck up other player plans, not just kill his models fast, but annoy to infinity. When it comes to models, I dont find resurectionst and guild crews (besides lady j box) appealing..
>>
>>49508802
That could work. You could also just grab 2 from the same faction and give yourself a pool to pick from.

Of those 9, Dreamer, Collodi, and Brewy will be the most expensive due to summoning, lots of out of faction hires, and models you want in other crew boxes, respectively.

Lilith and Dora are a good pair, as are any combination of Tara, Von Schill, and the Viks.
>>
>>49509041
>I think I could get along with master that fuck up other player plans, not just kill his models fast, but annoy to infinity.

Tara, Pandora and Collodi all do that quite a bit. Especially Pandora. Lilith and Dreamer do that too to a certain extent.
>>
>>49505837
>shot the child down in cold blood
Hahahahahahabrilliant.
I actually had a debate about this with the last guy I played - I don't know if he could actually do that, since it's a [Scenario Target] Marker, not an actual model.
Also, and this was the final nail in the plan's coffin in my eyes, it would completely defeat the point of rescuing someone if you just shoot them.
>>
>>49509083
We reasoned that if you thought the child was valuable enough to rescue, you wouldn't want an enemy to have them either. Also it was funny.
>>
File: DivergentPathsMan.jpg (192KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
DivergentPathsMan.jpg
192KB, 500x453px
>>49509083
This was in the Trickster's scenario, just for clarity, but I don't think there's much difference across teh three.
I know the Self-Righteous Man scenario also specifies "a Prisoner Marker", rather than "the Self-Righteous Man" or similar..
>>
>>49509076
>>49509048
Thanks for answers, you limited my pool and tip to grab 2 boxes from same faction will make my choice a bit easier.
>>
>>49509236
Dreamer and Lilith have some cross over with Lelu and Lilitu as they both can get use out of them, in case you were leaning in that direction.
>>
>>49505837
>>49509083
>>49509144
>>49509161
There was a thread on the Wyrd forums about this - you're supposed to reat all the scenario/story markers as markers, H0 non-characters etc.
"The stat cards are there for fun" at this point according to their admin.
>>
>>49509076
I havent played Since Avatars were released in 1E. But when I played at tourneys people were pissed when ever I played Pandora, they thought she was op. Litteraly just played with her base set + Doppleganger. I had some people rage quit. Though one guy said he rage quit because I hadn't painted half of my crew and the only ones who were finnished painting were the Sorrows, which were shit paint jobs.

I suck at painting.
>>
>>49509596
Sounds like top notch irl shitposting.
>>
>>49509596
There were a lot of crews that simply lost to Pandora in first ed. I remember, I played gremlins.
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 630x998px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 630x998px
Just want to show my ice dancer.
>>
>>49510677
I like the ice effect
How'd you do that?
>>
So I got my breakout game against Jacob lynch, which I fucking ruled on. Tara weathered the storm of a themed illuminated crew 3 illuminated, 2 depleted, 1 beckoner, and a doppelgänger. My trapper grabbed the man turn 2 and started running backward with him. I lost bishop early, did some damage with the nothing beast.
I ended the game 10-1 on turn 4 and the guy only had lynch and the dopple left.

Looking forward to the next two weeks hopefully our rewards won't be getting shot in the back this time around.
>>
>>49504516
Mei Feng is invincible until she isn't. Seismic Claws is traditional, but I find myself doing it less and less these days. Vapormancy is good if you can remember it - I constantly forget the Casting action is a Casting action and therefore ignores Incorporeal's half-damage bullshit. Misdirection is an A+ option if you think there'll be lots of combat - A Mask now allows you to do Something, no matter what. If you're expecting a lot of markers, Thunderous Smash is a good choice.

For models, you need to decide which of three ways you're running Mei Feng. The first way is problem-solving puncher. You grab models that can hold for a turn and use them to hold, so you can get Mei over to get the enemy off them. Secondly, you can use her as basically a free scheme runner. For that I take a Henchman to be my de-facto leader (usually Toshiro) and let Mei Feng go out and put down scheme markers or distract people or what have you - this is usually a good crew to have a bunch of Constructs in, as they allow her to leap across the board with a single action and enough good cards. The third way is as a Vent Steam battery. Again, Toshiro helps, but beyond that you want things that attack from afar or like to clump up - Snipers, Thunder Archers, etc.
>>
File: Shenlong M2E crew picture.jpg (55KB, 960x373px) Image search: [Google]
Shenlong M2E crew picture.jpg
55KB, 960x373px
Hey gang.
I'm fiddling with the scenario selecter again, and I've drawn Ten Thunders as the opponent's declared faction.
What do I build for?

Guild do range and damage, Ressurs do summoning and poison, Arcanists do Ca and armour, Neverborn do horror and (incorporeal? beatsticks?).

What to TT do?
>>
>>49511598
they make their shit better. if you have enemy condition removal focus on that.
>>
>>49510677
Thin your paints, but clever use of static grass for the ice
>>
>>49511629
Who does? They've got a couple support masters but not a lot if them are condition based.
>>
>>49511598
It'll depend on the S&S

Killy? Lynch and Misaki most likely.
Interact heavy? Shlong
Area Control? Yan Lo, McCabe, Asami, Mei

Build a solid crew, maybe skew a bit depending on the game. 10T are generally brittle, so take models that can hit well.
>>
>>49512289
off the top of my head Freikorps specialists can remove Conditions. What factions do you have available to you?
>>
Can a buried model be sacrificed?

I can't tell by the big rule book since it just says being buried is removed from play (usually placed on stat card) and sacrificed is being removed from play but doesn't count as killed.
>>
>>49512465
No. I'm asking what TT matters work on condition barred support.
Lynch does hand support.
McCabe does it via upgrades.
Brewmaster debuffs.
>>
>>49512683
Shenlong Hands out Focus and defensive. Mei feng's crew hands out burning. Lynch does stuff with Brilliance. Asami Plays with conditions to make Oni stick around. Yan Lo works off chi (which is kinda cheating since it is about stuff dying around him)
>>
>>49512726
Brilliance and burning(and Brewmaster's poison) don't need enemy condition removal. Stuff like shrug of would work.

I don't think it's enough to go out of your way to grab condition removal.
>>
>>49511104
Well like I said, in just starting out. So I'm not even sure what that stuff means. I just want a simple to learn crew to get the game down. I just picked MeinFeng because she reminds me of Lee Sin from League of Legends and I like the idea of kicking people in the face and being a metal bender
>>
>>49512465
Why not Johan?
>>
>>49514729
I like Johan. He doubles as a beater. He works great with Nurses. Either as a mercenary in ressers or with Jack daw or Zorida.
>>
>>49513121
Mei Feng is good at punching a lot of things a lot of times. Malifaux is not a game about fighting - this is HARD for players coming in from other games to learn. Fighting happens. Don't get me wrong. But it isn't the primary focus. Mei Feng is a /brawler/, though. She just feels good, in a fundamental way, to play, especially with seismic claws for an upgrade. She's also a relatively easy Master to learn - unlike Shen "Let me get my abacus" Long, you can mostly learn Mei Feng in a dedicated afternoon.
>>
>>49515572
That sounds like fun. I think what I want to do with her is have her hopping around the place and sorting out jams to let the rest of her crew do whatever they need to get done
>>
>>49515905
Buy Komainu, and buy Toshiro the Daimyo. Whether you summon the Komainu or hire them is up to you.
>>
>>49514729
>>49514769
Johan/Hannah the double trouble duo.
>>
New Player reading through the rule book right now and was just wondering if the bit about Avatars of Masters are actually relevant or if that's something that's been removed?
>>
>>49518436
They're upgrade cards you take on your master now. It has a set of criteria to manifest.

They're in book 3 (Shifting loyalties)
>>
>>49518436
They're only in campaigns, a holdover from the previous edition.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.