[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the world of Pathfinder, what kind of party is needed to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (135KB, 765x741px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 765x741px
In the world of Pathfinder, what kind of party is needed to fight a CR25/MR10? Looking to make a Drakainia the final boss (pic related, stats http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/drakainia ) but I don't want to kill the party end game from underestimating how strong this thing actually is. Thoughts?
>>
File: 1474144947013.jpg (57KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1474144947013.jpg
57KB, 560x560px
>>49435193
>pic related
>>
>>49435227
Wish there was more fan art honestly
>>
File: 1469502246313.png (35KB, 434x461px) Image search: [Google]
1469502246313.png
35KB, 434x461px
>>49435193
CR system is kind of fucked, really. A party composed entirely of casters can breeze through most appropriate CR encounters (ie. a CR 20 monster for level 20 party), while a party of martials will have trouble against most monsters of several CRs lower than their level. Plus a lot of things don't really model well with CR (save-or-suck abilities in particular), or the CR of individual monsters may not scale when you throw multiples of them against a higher level part for a supposedly CR-appropriate fight (primarily a problem with powerful abilities balanced with the assumption that they'll be used once in a figh; having multiple creatures using them during the fight can wreck the party).

Drakainia seems pretty mid-level for its CR. It isn't a full caster, at least. The main thing is that it has the whole "implant spawn" attack (which while thematically nasty is not that impressive mechanically) and can create some mooks to help it in a fight. It's also immune to some conditions, which might matter if the party uses those a lot. A lot of its abilities are random mostly fluffy stuff that's not likely to make a big difference in a fight.

Also, not entirely sure if trolling, given Drakainia has a reputation on /tg/ as being "that creepy pregnancy fetish monster some creep on Paizo included to jack off to". Given Paizo's track record, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that was true, but I do think it's a pretty cool body-horror themed monster (i always like the whole "twisted/corrupted life" kind of deal when it comes to monsters).
>>
>>49435193
>what kind of party is needed to fight a CR25/MR10?
Depends entirely on how good your party is.

A mythic party will flatten it in two rounds at the most though.
>>
>>49435345
Good points, thanks for the tips. Figured since it's a home brew game I'd put my favs in it, including Gibbering Mouthers, Owlbears, and Gugs throughout the adventure. But at this high level the Drakainia has to be end game material.
>>
>>49435347
Good to know.
>>
>>49435424
>>49435347
To explain somewhat, it's related to what >>49435345
said about the CR system being borked, because mythic takes that CR system and bends it over a table, no lube. The math of the system is strained enough at high levels, but under mythic it actually starts breaking apart.
>>
>>49435347
A mythic martial could one shot that thing if they're atleast tier two. Just gotta get foe biting, mythic power attack and a good full attack.
>>
>>49435456
I feel like the mythic and normal levels aren't even related, though they try to be. It's as if levels go up because of mythic levels, but still does its own thing. I dunno it's all messed up.
>>
How should a cute kitsune boy handle a draikainia?
>>
>>49435511
Technically according to how Paizo playtested mythic, though playtest is a very loose definition of the term for "we ignored 99% of what we were told and are surprised when it turned out shit", two mythic tiers is supposed to be equal to one level.

Which is also obviously horseshit.
>>
>>49435517
With his hands by his ankles?
>>
>>49435554
That is...hilariously oversimplified. Was it just a PR person saying that?
>>
>>49435554
For a system built to break their own game I believe this to be true.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.