[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In one week we have the banned list update. What's coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 12

File: BloodbraidElf.jpg (34KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
BloodbraidElf.jpg
34KB, 223x311px
In one week we have the banned list update.

What's coming off? What's going on?
>>
No changes is what I suspect.

If they do updates it will be ban Become Immense unban SFM.
>>
Maybe unban the most useless 4cmc cascade creature?
>>
>>49428085
I'd like to see stoneforge mystic come off, I think it's in a similar power level for modern. I'm a bit of a noob though so feel free to tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>49428132
It's one of two 4CMC cascade creatures and the other is Kathari Remnant so . . .

This is bait, right?
>>
First for free mental misstep
>>
>>49428186
Why was blood raid elf banned in the first place? Aggro decks suck against literally any other deck archetype.
>>
>>49428224
It was banned because of Jund.
>>
>>49428253
And?
>>
>>49428272
>>>>Aggro
>>
>>49428224
I don't think BBE should have been banned in the first place, but it fit really well into Jund. At the top of the curve, it could hit Goyf, Lili, Bolt, or whatever else you wanted for f r e e
It was basically an engine that was a serious threat on the turn it came down if left unblocked.
>>
>>49428103
Why would they ban become immense?
Sees marginal play at best.
>>
>>49428302
It's a four-of in the only two decks in the format that break the turn 4 rule, and is the largest enabler of that.
>>
>>49428272
And Wizards is scared of every card that ever defined a Standard cycle.
Which includes Bloodbraid Elf.
>>
File: 8612984_f260.jpg (24KB, 260x266px) Image search: [Google]
8612984_f260.jpg
24KB, 260x266px
>>49428085
Deathrite shaman is unbanned to fight Dredge
>>
>>49428272
and have you ever played against it?

its obvious you haven't.
>>
Bloodbraid Elf is a bit of a nonbo with dark Confident though, I would think that you would have to choose between
>>
>>49428224
As I recall, it was banned to weaken jund. It didn't work, because the real threat pushing jund over the edge was deathrite. With deathrite now banned, I could see arguments made to unban bloodbraid. I don't see them doing it, but I think it would be reasonable.
>>
you must not have played against much SFM, the card is insanely good, i would say better than goyf in alot of fair matchups
>>
>>49428756
only if youre a pussy.
real men run dark confidant alongside nahiri combo in mardu. I've seen it and their madness is intoxicating
>>
>>49428224
>aggro sucks
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
are you talking about modern? the format where assorted aggro decks form 54% of the meta despite many dedicated cuckolding sideboard options?
are you the kind of person who defines archetypes on their own and rejects any contrary definition?
>>
blood braid and stoneforge
>>
>>49428302
>Sees marginal play at best.

Infect and Suicide Zoo make up over 10% of Modern's metagame. 1 in 10 decks has Become Immense in it.
>>
>>49429080
There are more bolts than become inmense
and i don't see you bitching about it
>>
>>49429524
That's a ridiculous comparison. Lightning Bolt doesn't facilitate turn 2 or 3 kills.

There are more reasons that prevalence to ban something, I was just bringing up prevalence because >>49428302 claimed it only saw "marginal play".
>>
>>49428827
>mardu
>bob + nahiri

A B S O L U T E
M A D M E N

WITNESS ME BROTHERS
>>
>>49429617
>He doesn't even play tombstalker with bob
It's greatness at ANY cost my friend
>>
>>49428827
Jesus every upkeep would be the most tense thing ever as you pray you don't flip Em and take 15 to the face.
>>
>Standard
Nothing
>Legacy
Nothing
>Pauper
Nothing
>Vintage
Nothing
>EDH
Nothing, but sheldon will yell about some bullshit
>Memedern
Ban pepe the frog.
>>
File: file.png (192KB, 475x272px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
192KB, 475x272px
>>49431124
>Play vs BUG (thresh I think? way back, before zendikar 3)
>Tombstalker draw
>Into fow draw
>mfw the whole time as he reveals a second fow
>>
>>49432113
>EDH
>Nothing, but sheldon will yell about some bullshit
It's gonna be a long-ass post about how Leovold isn't broken and totally healthy for the format because he just spent a bunch of money on a foil Leovold.
>>
Peregrin Drake will get banned in Pauper.

That's it. If you're expecting Modern to be shaken up you're going to be disappointed. Wizards has no interest in the format anymore; they're waiting to announce their new non-rotating format starting at the beginning of the Jacestice League era.
>>
I hope Bant Eldrazi creeps up to tier 0 so they ban Eldrazi Temple

Actually let's just ban all the BFZ memedrazi, pointlessly pushed above curve creatures that had no reason to exist in the first place
>>
>>49428103
>that one fucking retard who says unban sfm in every thread is at it again
they still sell rope anon, go trade your playset of sfm for some
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49428085
Punishing Fire will be unbanned,, just wait and See.
>>
>>49432695
Proof?
>>
>>49432754
would literally do nothing
>>
>>49432754
Punishing fire will never come back, not while pic related is still around.

>>49432771
Play VS Jund in legacy and then tell me that again, the card is incredibly awful to face, it eats up small creatures without any cost to the right deck.
>>
>>49428085
Has anyone in this thread played Jund? it doesn't fucking need blood braid and punishing fire unbanned, it's already probably the best fair deck in the format
>>
>>49432380
Here, I'll be sheldon
>Look, it's good, because, erm, look you draw too many cards that's why it's OK for them not to draw cards just remove it!
>Foil and alternate art leovold falls form his pocket
>>
>Gush restricted
>LSG unrestricted
>>
SJWs banned
Human Beings Unbanned
>>
>>49433358
The mass of Jews and SJWs within WOTC say otherwise anon.
>>
Goyf banned
Bolt banned
Jace the wallet sculptor banned.
Bob banned.
Cavern of souls banned.
>>
>>49433358

>not banning the jews first

I shiggy.
>>
>>49433492
jace... is already banned and just no to those others...
>>
>>49432793
There's no probably, it IS the most powerful fair deck, and probably the strongest period. It's pure value, which can usually outdo cheating shit in or OP cards given a good draw.
>>
>>49432785
>paying 3 mana to do 1 damage
What a fucking joke.

No, really. In what world is it a good option to spend 3 whole mana to do 1 point of damage?
>>
>>49432695
That format sounds even worse than Modern....
>>
>>49432695
But there already is a format like that, it's called Hearthstone
>>
>>49432380
T. Salty midrange player
>>
>>49432695
I really can't see a format like that succeeding. Current Magic players over the age of 12 don't want to play a format that's basically just Super Standard, that's the whole reason 4-Year Extended failed. Modern, on the other hand, is a very popular format, as was 7-year Extended. The format will not be popular, and it will die quicker than 4YE did. People who want to play a Jacetice League-Type format would rather just play either Hearthstone or 2005-Era Yugioh, both of which are much cheaper than Jacetice League format would be.
>>
>>49434963
I agree. Either thar or they'll have to do what the DBZ TCG did and power creep the fuck out of all future sets. Which would be toxic for MTG as a whole.
>>
>>49434366
In legacy.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>49428085
Runeclaw Bear is getting banned.
>>
File: Image.png (123KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
123KB, 223x311px
Make America control Great Again
>>
>>49435336

THIS. That thing is OP.
>>
File: Aetherflux+Reservoir+%5BKLD%5D.jpg (36KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Aetherflux+Reservoir+%5BKLD%5D.jpg
36KB, 223x311px
>>49432380
Don't forget an equally long ass post about how pic related won't kill the format.
>>
>>49436320
It won't though. It's a new tool for lifegain and maybe spellslinger/storm decks, but it won't kill it by any means.
>>
>>49436320
It won't. This is a card that rustles Timmies jimmies. Its an artifact so removing it is EZPZ
>>
>>49434366
It's because as long as they have that combo, your 2 or less power creatures will NEVER stick around.
>>
>>49436729
Unless they play any number of good graveyard hate options.
>>
>>49431294
I've seen it happen. I wish the person who did it hadn't been the most exhausting human being on the planet, otherwise I'd have laughed for ten minutes.
>>
every god damned time.
it is incredibly obvious 99% or you idiots have NEVER played with or against Jund in ANY format. or if you have it was against some mongo tapping his shit with his forehead, drooling all over the battlefield.
>>
>>49437931
Nah, man. Jund is fair and bloodbraid just makes it more fair
>>
>>49438085
They should unban Deathrite Shaman too. Just imagine how fair Jund will be with a card like that. No tricks, no gimmicks, no combos, just good honest Magic.
>>
>>49438365
Wholesome, clean fun is what that sounds like

the sheer idea of it makes me want to never play modern again
>>
>>49428085
Sol Ring banned in Commander.
Everything else stays the same.
>>
>>49428756
>Bloodbraid Elf is a bit of a nonbo with dark Confident though
It's like you haven't read the flavor text of Dark Confidant before.
>>
>>49436320
>play this
>play any two copy spells targeting each other
>>
>>49436320
t4 aetherflux
t5 howl of the horde + reverberate
>>
>>49441065
I don't get it. What would this do?
>>
>>49440868
>>49441065
that doesn't work like you think it does. copies of spells on the stack are not considered to have been "cast"; they don't trigger reservoir or count as "spells you've cast this turn"
>>
>>49441347
Well I guess you just have to do one of those weak ass creature loops then
>>
>>49440300
>banning Sol Ring after WotC just revealed their jewery knows no bounds with Masterworks in Kaladesh

Sheldon knows better
>>
>>49432785
Small creatures are literally worthless in modern. What deck is it going to improve? Jund? Against what, affinity? Infect? Two match ups that are already reasonably good?
>>
>>49432793
Jund is a fucking trash deck in a format full of Bant eldrazi and suicide zoo decks. Modern isn't about playing fair magic, it's about locking your opponent out of the game or killing them before they can get traction to do anythinf. Midrange is dead
>>
>>49438838
Have you played modern? Bloodbraid Jund would barely rate as a deck, jund is not good and a 4 drop is not going to make it better
>>
BBE will be unbanned "to give aggro decks an edge against the oppressive control and combo decks that ravage the format"

Ancenstral Visions will be banned mostly as a result of the BBE unban (because we can't have people cascading into a FREE ancestral recall!).

Drake won't be banned this time but will be banned in january with aether revolt, under the guise of "giving the format time to fix itself."
>>
File: 1466120999583.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1466120999583.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>Ancient Stirrings is banned
>>
>>49428272
A 3/2 haste into Liliana, Goyf, or Grim Flayer is hellish boardstate to fight against, Anon.
>>
>>49436320

>Cloudstone Curio
>Cast Kobolds of Kher Keep or Burning Tree Emissary over and over again

This idea is so dumb it's wrapped back around to genius.
>>
>>49442193
I could see it happening. That card is pretty busted in certain shells.
>>
>>49441997

>Small creatures are literally worthless in modern.

So Memnites, Ornithopters, Signal Pest, various Merfolk, Elves, Hatebears-esque creatures, Swiftspear, Goblin Guide, Glistener Elf are all worthless eh?
>>
>>49442277
Affinity has such a critical mass of small creatures that punishing fire won't slow it down. Merfolk should never be small enough to be killed by punishing fire. Hate bears is not a deck. Doesn't kill swiftspear. Infect is a combo deck, not a small creature deck, a deck that any lightning bolt deck is already favored against.
>>
>>49442325
show me where the leonin arbiter touched you
>>
>>49428565
That's got to be the stupidest suggestion I've ever seen and I have no doubt they'd do it.
>>
>>49442265
Look at the top 5 cards of your library and put one in your hand is okay because it's green
>>
File: 220.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
220.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>49441569
Or you know, just make your entire deck nothing but lifegain and tutors and make this your commander.

Shit's going to get banned in EDH so fast it's not even going to be funny.
>>
>>49442325

>Affinity has such a critical mass of small creatures that punishing fire won't slow it down.
>Merfolk should never be small enough to be killed by punishing fire.
It's the fact that no matter the amount you can always do 2 to 4 damage to a creature for free by repeated casting. You can easily punishing fire twice in the same turn to kill a 3/3 and you're literally using the same card over and over again to kill multiple cards.
>Doesn't kill Swiftspear
Swiftspear has 2 toughness so yes it does barring a spell to trigger prowess.
>Infect is a combo deck, not a small creature deck, a deck that any lightning bolt deck is already favored against.
Irrelevant to even bring up since the point was when you mentioned and I quote "small creatures being worthless" and Infect runs small creatures and quite a few in fact. Given the fact that you can basically keep casting the same lightning bolt over and over again it makes the matchup even better against them.
>Hate bears is not a deck.
It sees play and shows up, given that Scapeshift decks are gaining prominence Hatebears tends to actually do decent against that matchup.(Teeg, Mindcensor, Arbiter etc.)
>>
>>49442506
>and make this your commander
>not just Oloro for turn 4 death star firing
>>
>>49442641
Making her your commander means that it's one less card you have to tutor in order to be able to nuke literally everyone as much as you fucking want.
>>
>>49442517
>It's the fact that no matter the amount you can always do 2 to 4 damage to a creature for free by repeated casting.
On turn 6 at the absolute earliest, if you're not beyond stabilization at that point you would probably win anyway
>Swiftspear has 2 toughness
In almost any relevant situation this is not the case
>Infect
>I'm going to be pedantic and that makes me "right"
>>
>>49442734

>On turn 6 at the absolute earliest, if you're not beyond stabilization at that point you would probably win anyway
This is alongside any deck backing itself up with Pyroclasm's and Anger and decks like RG tron could end up just pinging you down and sweeping your shit for days.
>In almost any relevant situation this is not the case
No it is relevant because it does kill Swiftspear in most situations. And even if it doesn't kill it now and then, it will kill it later because that same Punishing Fire comes back while you will eventually run out of spells to keep your Swiftspear up.
>Pedantic
How is it pedantic when i'm quoting your exact words and the fact that Infect still runs plenty of creatures vulnerable to PFire? You could just save yourself the embarassment and admit you were wrong in your analysis because you clearly never played Modern when PFire was around. That being said if you want to unban PFire then ban Grove and i'm all for it. I think if that happened then card is fine.
>>
>>49428756
in a time where deathrite was a thing
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>49442506
>>49442641
Not using best esper general
>>
>>49442654
Any deck running black can do it with 2 cards. Black is also the colour of tutors in general and enchantments are a lot harder to remove than 2 power creatures.
>>
>>49443732
>Using cards with bad flavor text
>ever

I can understand none, but come on mate
>>
>>49442325
>Doesn't kill swiftspear.
Except it does
>>
>>49428085
>Pauper banlist
Peregrine Drake

Fucker has taken over the format. You either play Drake combo, mono-G stompy, or Izzet Blitz right now, or you just don't win.
>>
>>49436149
Donald Trump, Lord Emperor of the Jeskai Clan

1UWR. 3/2 Legendary Creature-Human Warrior
Hexproof, Prowess
Whenever you cast an Instant spell, it gains 1 of the following abilities in addition to its original abilities:

-Counter target Spell
-Exile target nonland permanent
-Target creature you control gains indestructible until end of turn
>>
>>49448243
It has 2 white abilities and 1 blue? Where's the red? Also, the Oblivion Ring ability on it is way too busted, and the indestructible ability isn't good enough. How about this:

Donald Trump, Lord Emperor of the Jeskai Clan

1UWR. 3/2. Creature-Human Warrior

Hexproof, Prowess.

Whenever you cast an instant spell, you may have it gain 1 of the following abilities (in addition to its other abilities):

- Counter Target Spell
-Deal 4 damage to target creature
-Target creature you control gains indestructible until end of turn, then place a 0/4 White Wall creature token with defender onto the battlefield.
>>
>>49448331
It would be better as a 3 mana 2/1, to be honest.

Making it 4 mana means you're probably dead before you can even cast it in Modern.
>>
>>49441692
>WotC just revealed their jewery knows no bounds with Masterworks in Kaladesh
t. retard

They're putting a significant amount of the set's value in a few rare, highly expensive cards that normal players have no reason to care about, but they're not raising the price of boosters. That makes all the normal cards cheaper.

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>49450111

That means WOTC has no actual confidence that their set will sell.
>>
>>49450254
No wonder vehicles are the dumbest shit ever
>>
>>49450111

>Preying on whale customers and bleeding them dry like this is a fucking mobile game isn't jewish

kys
>>
>>49450293

Fine in limited, but won't see constructed play. Even in EDH, where tokens can be better used as convoke or sacrifice fodder.

I'm curious about energy and if they'll do something with it, even though it's additional bookkeeping bullshit. Maybe something with Eldrazi Displacer or blinking shit in?
>>
>>49450418

Gruul Energy is looking like it will be the mandatory "Kinda cheap but not all that good aggro deck" for the duration of Kaladesh.
>>
>>49450455
Great, the BR Vampires of Kaladesh
>>
>>49432740
eldrazi are no better than tarmo or glistener elf or anything other pushed creature. they are literally only playable in tron and with eldrazi temple

there's a reason they're not dominant and bant is literally a 1.5 tier
>>
>>49441692
>here's a free thing

>"ur a jer"

this is why americans are all patiently awaiting the day they get a heart attack or hit by a car and die from a 6 million dollar medical bill
>>
>>49450552
>they are literally only playable in tron and with eldrazi temple

Painlands and TecEdge/Quarter say sup
>>
>>49450615
if temple and tron weren't in the format they wouldn't be playable.

I'm not saying what makes them castable, im saying what makes them on the curve threats. there are much better creatures to hardcast for their cmc.
>>
File: 1470258475353.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1470258475353.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
BAN DRAKE IN PAUPER SO I CAN PLAY TURBOFOG AGAIN
>>
>>49450254
I mean, they're trying to sell more product by making Standard cheaper, so I guess you're kind of right. I don't know why this is a bad thing though. And every set will have Masterpieces, so if you're suggesting that they believe they will never release another set that sells well that's a bit ridiculous.

>>49450409
Except you don't get any benefit from having a Masterpiece edition of a card. It's for rich Magic players to flaunt their wealth, like expensive jewelry. It's not preying on anyone any more than any other overpriced luxury good. Mobile game "whales" are lured in by gameplay benefits.
>>
File: Put a Ring on it.jpg (53KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
Put a Ring on it.jpg
53KB, 358x500px
>My girlfriend and I both play magic
>She's actually been playing it slightly longer then me
>she started in freshman year highschool
>I started Junior year of highschool
>Met when we went to the same college
>Played together
>She introduced me to EDH
>for the past 2 years its been our favorite format
>Graduated now, been dating for 4 years
>Just got job, its not a lot but enough to make a household
>ItsTimeToPopTheQuestion.jpg
>But cant afford a diamond ring, can barely afford to keep my car running
>But I want to make the moment special
>Thinking of pic related as an engagement ring
>She's only wanted that one since it was revealed,
>we both aren't swimming in money right now due to student loans and shit so she's already accepted she will never have one
>I have $200 tucked away, enough for a nice dinner and pic related

Should I go for it guys?
>>
>>49428085
Plains and Mountain banned in all formats,
>>
>>49452860
You'd be better off just getting a modest ring with the $200. It's creative and I like the idea, but there are a lot of ways it can backfire. Like, what her family will think of you if you give her a piece of cardboard as an proposal.
>>
>>49440300
Sol Ring won't be banned because the Rules Committee likes their Sol Rings too much.
Remember, if the Rules Committee likes a card, it will never get banned, no matter how horrible it makes the game.
>>
>>49428224
>he's never suffered BBE into Blightning

Oh sweet child
>>
>>49452860
If you think she'd be down with that, do it.
>>
>>49452860
Maybe save money for a little longer and try to also get a real ring that looks like a Sol ring (I don't think a simple gold ring with no gem will be too expensive). I like the idea overall.
>>
>>49434366
People who haven't seen cards in action have no right to talk about them
>>
>>49453133
EDH banlist is a fucking joke anyway, so who cares.
>>
>>49434366
You're an idiot. Punishing Fire makes LotV more powerful and it allows Jund to eat 2 toughness creatures and once they hit 5 mana they can eat 4 toughness creatures.

You're so very wrong, you are embarrassing yourself please stop.
>>
>>49451428
>if you're suggesting that they believe they will never release another set that sells well that's a bit ridiculous.
Quite the opposite, printing masterpieces in every set will ensure that they sell way more than any set without them ever could
>>
>>49434366

Hello friend, I am here to teach you.

Let's say I'm going against UW Miracles in Legacy and I'm playing Waterfalls. Because Fire is instant, I can fuck with how your Top plays go.

Say I have Grove in play, I tap it for R and get back Fire. I cast fire on my turn, to see what you have on top. If it's 1, 2, a land, terminus, whatever. You can Top in response to keep shit secret. Which wastes a Top activation, it's 1 mana.

That's 1 mana they aren't using to counter my Shardless, DRS, Brainstorm, etc. If it's 2 cmc and they counter p.fire? Cool, I can hold off on playing Goyf or Strix for a turn nbd. Even better is that it can be done during your opponent's turn (providing a nice shield for Brainstorm), which is further mana denial.

If they Brainstorm in response to p.fire, I just forced them to brainstorm out of position and fuck up their draw or waste another Top activation.

Oh and the "it's just 1 life" thing? Pinging piles up, especially vs Miracles. There are times when the board state is just FUCKED, and it helps break through. Or ping them in general because it's not uncommon to go to time vs Miracles.
>>
>>49452860
don't be a fucking cheapass, get her a mox.

bitches love moxen.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.