[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, first off, this is out of left field for me and won'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: TheHomeDepot.svg.png (70KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
TheHomeDepot.svg.png
70KB, 768x768px
Ok, first off, this is out of left field for me and won't leave me alone until I at least share it with you. Also namefagging so people can see when I post.

I've started work on a pretty bare-bones LCG concept. Idea is that you and up to three of your friends are shift managers working at a hardware store and you have to complete tasks with the employees you summon.

Have the basic turn order plotted out and the Associate stats explained. Just need to whip out examples for spells and challenges.

The (extremely) WIP ruleset is here and set so that people can suggest changes and tweaks:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bxO4ICPUvK-1LELmLl9NRtyigM_kCHMNAQgs-vC53js/edit?usp=sharing

And yes, before you ask, this IS somewhat based off of my experiences working for pic related. How can you tell?
>>
I've reread the draft phase three times and have no idea how it's supposed to work. That said, this is a neat idea and I was thinking of something similar given my experience in irrigation installation/repair (people who are really good at something have special abilities in that area, customers can fuck everything up, etc). I'm really hoping this idea goes somewhere.
>>
>>49412457

You basically are drafting your deck with the cards passed to you. Yes, I could've worded it better.

This is why I'm fielding it to you guys so that I can catch these things.
>>
>>49412359
I actually work at this place, ask me anything.
>>
>>49412544

I do, too. 2566 up in here!
>>
>>49412514
It took a minute but I get it now. Three pods, turn one, 15 cards per player. Turn two, three more pods, 15 more cards. I was reading it as one pod per turn.
>>
>>49412566
4501 reporting in, when will I stop wanting to kill myself?
>>
>>49412579

Still think I could've worded that a lot better.
>>
>>49412593

When Black Friday rolls around.
>>
>>49412596
Probably should break it down as a per turn kind of thing. Turn one: pods, drafting, etc, repeat this step for turns 2 and 3. I dunno, I never was great with words
>>
One of the interference or challenge cards is going to involve a customer having their own name for something or confusing the names for two very different things, right?
>>
>>49412826

Maybe. I'm still in the VERY pre-alpha stages of this. But that does sound like a good idea.
>>
>>49412860
Oh I've got all kinds of ideas for this sort of thing. Customers complaining about prices being different than what prices exist in their made up world, customers buying the cheapest shit only to complain when it inevitably breaks, inventories that say you have an item when you don't, and (my personal favorite) an item extremely similar to the one you need being in the same place as what you're looking for. That last one is incredibly frustrating and has gotten me multiple times. 1 1/2" part right next to 1 1/4" part in the same size and color box. 1 1/2" part in the 1 1/4" bin. Completely different parts in the exact same box with only a small sticker to indicate the difference.

This is very quickly going to become a thread where we complain about our jobs.
>>
Added Interference Card rules and an example of one. Working on trying to get the Challenge Cards done.

Debating whether or not to open the floor to submissions for cards to be playtested. I have *some* ideas, but would like to make this more of a community thing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.