[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cofd/ &/wod/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 25

Arising from Duat edition

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_%26_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-mage-condition-and-numina-cards/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510

>Mage 2e Errata
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/enough-with-the-conventions-already-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
What's the worst thing you've ever discovered in your explorations of the setting, or dropped on players if running?
>>
What supplement would you pitch if you could?
>>
Good. I was going to have to make the general. No one wanted that.
>>
>>49408073
Succubus.

I would show you the opening fiction, but this is a blue board.
>>
File: adebesis-tiny-hat-meh-ro50591.png (182KB, 466x363px) Image search: [Google]
adebesis-tiny-hat-meh-ro50591.png
182KB, 466x363px
Can anyone recommend some good Cheron enchantments for a mid level hunter? The character is a former child solider turned medic from Liberia. They just joined and I want some advice lads. Image very relevant.
>>
Op put /wod/ instead of /wodg/.We're all doomed!
>>
>>49408957
Shit, sorry. I was doing it from my phone, but if someone is searching for it in the catalog they still have to pass through WoD to get to the G and it should be fine.

I'm more ashamed that I can't link the old thread since it is damned near impossible to just highlight the old thread's number in the archive using my fingers, can't just click on it and get a post box.
>>
>>49409069
True. I'm just scrambling for excuses why the thread is dead.

I mean, we also had no new thread for like an hour, so maybe everyone is watching handegg.
>>
>>49409145
Its Sunday, people might be out and about. Or watching yonder foosball. Or family, who knows. I'm at work on my phone and it is dead as fuck, probably because it is the ritual NFL worship night.
>>
>>49409284
A coworker tried to get me to cover him today so he could watch gridiron ball.

I told him it was my DnD night (which is true). I guess now I have to deal with everyone else being away from home.
>>
>>49409145

I haven't really been around due to Scion hype, other interests, and it becoming abundantly clear that my submissions were ignored or rejected.
>>
>>49409503
Scion KS next week, fingers crossed. And second session of my playtest game where things might actually finally go down, since we all sort of got babby's first rolls in the system out of the way last time and are now getting ready to try and use and abuse the systems to see what needs fixing and all. I'll share anything fun that happens in the Scion KS hype general that I'm sure you'll make.
>>
>>49409549

I'm living vicariously through you, anon, as I don't have a group. But I'll definitely start that general once things go live.
>>
>>49409503
Use the typical writer denial stance.

Denial is a chance to grow better, and one day be accepted.

Seriously, there are too many people in the world that want the same stuff for us all to be accepted. It is no big thing.
>>
>>49408231

An artifical gland that pumps out a compound very similar to one found in the bodies of werewolves right before they shift back to being human. Increases awareness at the risk of inducing anxiety or aggression. Could be useful for intense medical emergencies.
>>
>>49409810
That does sound like something very nice too have, plus the way he got into the group was by giving them a dead werewolf. I did have a live one to give them as well but the other cucks gave it away.
>>
File: kugai.jpg (16KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
kugai.jpg
16KB, 704x480px
What do I need to implement power armor, both supernatural and technological.
>>
>>49410346

Maybe making them out of the Perfected Metals?
>>
>>49410346
>and technological
Enormous advancements in portable power and robotic technology to make the suits powered motion with you guiding it work right. And possibly unshakeable faith in the emperor
>>
>>49410478
>>49410561
That's fluff, I'm talking crunch.
>>
Honestly though, would it be too far out to have the TFV carry a few experimental exo-suits, to let them use heavier weapons? Like the Mjolnir cannon.
>>
>>49410651

Given that the mundane real-world US military is already researching exo-suits, I think that's wholly valid.
>>
File: gasaraki-screenshot02.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
gasaraki-screenshot02.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
>>49410651
Thing is though, the power armor is not just a robot but also has a human inside with separate stats and such. It's more than just a suit of armor but not just a vehicle.
>>
>>49410687
Yeah. That's my argument as well. The big hurdle is really just the power right now.
And if the TFV has access to lightning cannons, I don't think it'd be too far fetched to assume they can bypass that with their wondertech.
>>
Do we have a Discord?
>>
>>49410832

Do you seriously think that's a good idea?
>>
>>49407921
>What's the worst thing you've ever discovered in your explorations of the setting, or dropped on players if running?

I'm running a Promethean game for someone who doesn't know anything about the setting. They're playing an Extempore. Every day they discover that, as a Promethean, life's shit and everyone hates you.
>>
>>49410995

Let's see if I can get banned from that one, too.

>>49411002

Life as a Promethean is slightly less shitty than it was in 1e, at least!
>>
>>49408957
>Op put /wod/ instead of /wodg/.We're all doomed!

The end is nigh, the end is nigh!

Has anyone else noticed that DaveB and Chris Allen almost never post of /wodg/ any more?
>>
>>49411239

That span of time when five threads were dedicated to 2hu screaming at Dave for publishing an unplayable piece of shit or whatever may have contributed to that.

Chris has been quieter on the forums recently as well, though I'd just chalk them up to being busy.
>>
I'm wondering if anyone knows if the Pilgrimage Sheet in Promethean 2nd edition is available anywhere?
>>
File: Pilgrimage Chart.png (2MB, 1254x1627px) Image search: [Google]
Pilgrimage Chart.png
2MB, 1254x1627px
>>49411397
No, but it's also basically useless and not that great.

I did however make a much better version of it. It isn't form fillable because I don't know how.

>>49411036
>>49410995
>>49410832
I could make one, but really we'd just circlejerk, shit on each other, or reveal just how little any of us actually play.
Oh wait, most of that last one already happens in the thread.
Plus, it might make the threads even quieter than they already are.
>>
>>49411239

I understand why Dave would want to avoid the abuse, autism, idiocy and willful ignorance often displayed against him and his work on tg. However, he still posts on occasion.

However, Chris seems to have totally disappeared from here and the OPP forums. It's surprising and disappointing. He used to post a lot, rarely received any criticism or blame for anything, and provided tons of supplemental material. I hope he's still an active and influential WW author.
>>
>>49411476
You do know he has a job, right?

I'm pretty sure magazines are going into the winter quarter.
>>
>>49411476

He still updates his actual play thread and there's no Werewolf projects to work on right now. Freelancers aren't constantly employed, you know.
>>
>>49407921
Dammit, you got me hyped for just a moment thinking that they had put out rules and fluff for being in Duat as a mummy or a sin eater .
>>
>>49411721

According to Dave, Duat is canonically not in the Underworld and so Sin-Eaters are unlikely to go there.

Which is fine, but fucks up my theory that the Arisen lose their memories because they pass through the Ocean of Fragments when they die.
>>
>>49408073
Escapist the Founding.

Pseudo mages who have realized that the world of darkness is flawed and horrible, and in the end irreparable. Thus they work to create a personal world that lets them just quit reality, becoming the source of a new one and taking their chosen people along to start over without the troubles that plague the world of darkness, aka, all the things going bump in the night.
Would have lots of strange abilities to effect and change the cosmology and other such oddities.
>>
>>49411036
In my Promethean solo game, the poor Promethean has disquieted the mage that is their only current ally.

I mean, the odds of it happening were so low I didn't think it would happen. I was almost going to fudge the roll (which tells me I probably shouldn't have done the roll in the first place). Still, everything gets interesting from here.
>>
>>49411752
Then where is it? I want fluff and rules and so on to help define Duat and Sekhem and dammit everything with mummy just feels like half of something awesome to me.
>>
>>49411752
There is still a theory that Duat is one of the lost domains of the underworld yeah?

So it used to be down there, just... not anymore?
>>
>>49411807

Sekhem is pretty damn well defined, and the Sekhem sorcerers in the DE Companion cover what little we're missing.

Duat doesn't really need to be detailed, as you'll likely never go there beyond being dead. Think of it as Lower Depth whose core lacking thing is Sekhem or life.
>>
>>49411845
>DE Companion
Wait, what did I miss now?
>>
>>49411886

Dark Eras?
>>
>>49411886
They had so many stretch goals that they're putting them in another book.
>>
>>49411845
>Sekhem sorcerers in the DE Companion cover what little we're missing

First, since the book has not yet been released or substantively spoiled, your comment is an expression of hope, not fact.

We're also missing a damned lot about Sekhem sorcerers, including any mechanics.
>>
>>49411921

The writer of the chapter with them in there has a decent track record and has been pretty open about what he's doing with it. I have high hopes.
>>
>>49411911
>>49411914
>>49411921
Okay so it's not out, hence why I haven't read it.
I really hope they do more, the way everything was set up in mummy... Lots of potential that hasn't been tapped yet.
>>
>>49411970

Rio should have some goodies hiding in it, there;s two chapter in the Dark Eras Companion, and then hopefully we'll see some stuff in the Crossover Chronicle. If the timeline holds, 2e should be announced next year and out a year or so after that.

Once Sekhem Sorcerers are out, the only things I'm really hoping to see are demons from Duat and some hints about how Mummy Twilight doesn't play nice with the rest of the CofD's Twilight.
>>
>>49411957

I hope you're right. However, I cannot say I'm even cautiously optimistic due to the simple fact that the topic is substantial and space will be limited since it's just one matter that needs to be addressed among many in just one chapter of a larger book. I'm not concerned about the intent or abilities of the author or developer, but rather keenly aware of the evils of limited word count.
>>
>>49412043

It's a good thing that chapter got an expanded word count, then!
>>
>>49412015

I think you're overly optimistic of an announcement of Mummy 2e next year.

Even if there is such an announcement, we still wouldn't a new edition until 2019 or 2020, at the earliest.
>>
>>49412073

The timeline has held pretty true so far, and that extra year or two of writing gives me time to get hired to write on it!
>>
>>49412062

Did it get an extension exclusively to deal with Sekhem sorcerers? If not, it really doesn't matter.

I believe the new Mummy material (and much of everything else) will be quite good, but don't expect major setting elements to get the attention they deserve in small parts of books not solely devoted to that particular game line.
>>
>>49410832
https://discordapp.com/invite/VHAx2B3
>>
>>49407921
Just a gross Vozhd hidden in a trailer on an abandoned street corner in a power outage in the rain. Not very terrible.
>>
>>49407921
Hrm. Dropped on players?

Troile. Has to be Troile. Troile, addressing a large chunk of the Brujah clan and claiming the 'truest allies' of the Brujah were the Baali and then blood-french-kissing Moloch, a Baali Methuselah, while a battle broke out.
>>
>>49412271

itbegins.mp3
>>
>>49412323
I don't know what a vozhd is, but for some reason this is making me think of IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER
>>
>>49412880

Vozhd are Tzimisce war ghouls, I think made of several ghouls smushed together.
>>
>>49412271
>tfw the only person in the Mummy chat
>>
>>49413050

Wait, it's an actual Discord? I thought it was another troll like the last time someone linked a Discord.
>>
>>49413076
Its legit.
>>
Generals by nature are already inbred, insular circlejerks. This discord is going to compound that to a ludicrous degree.
>>
>>49413154
No Anon means less gratuitous insults and more hate for specifics
>>
>>49413154
at least we won't be anons, anon.
>>
>>49413165
>>49413172
Why the fuck are you even here then?
>>
>>49413177
Sometimes you need somewhere where you can discuss how bad a book is without being banned for hurting someone's feelings
>>
>>49413177
Because of your charming personality.
>>
>>49413177
because I want to see angry nerds fight over stupid shit!!

but in all seriousness I like debating over stuff I like and this is a good enough place as any to do it.
>>
>>49413197
>without being banned for hurting someone's feelings
You mean like in a discord?
>>
>>49413210
So? That's why I'm also staying here
>>
>>49413088

Good lord. Well, good luck with that, I guess.
>>
>>49413231
A discord is place where you get banned for hurting people's feelings. It's the opposite of everything this place is. What reason could you have for going there what wouldn't contradict reasons for going here?
>>
>>49413259
No reason. Don't go there. No one wants you there.
You don't even play the game.
>>
>>49413259

Doesn't that just make it IRC? That didn't stop 4chan from having a whole bunch of IRC channels.
>>
>>49413301
Look at who populates the IRC channels, though.
>>
>>49413259
Not everyone is only on 4chan because of anonymous.

I'm here because there aren't a bunch of specific threads and hoops to jump through to talk.

This thread is just all of wod. Not wod but specifically talking about ghoul butts or something.
>>
>>49411752
Maybe beneath the Ocean of Fragments is passage to the Lower Depths and therefore Duat, since there is a domain that is basically a passage way to Arcadia/The Hedge. Also helps that back long ago, the Underworld was completely flooded as the Ocean of Fragments, the water level just dropped.
>>
>>49413315

The correct answer is no one, right?
>>
>>49413050
I'm here, friend, but I won't go there. If you want to talk mummies or Scion away from the OPP forums, this is the place to be.
>>
>>49413411

I mean, I'm not leaving or anything, and you bet your ass I'll be there for the Scion general once the crowdfunding goes live. And I'll be there to ruin things with queer Netjer Scions.
>>
>>49413425
Why netjer specifically? I get that as a gay man (unless you're secretly trans or something and I missed that) you can get some RP mileage from the queer thing and personal experience but pretty much all the pantheons have some intense gay and weird sex thrown in there.

Is it because of the mpreg lettuce thing?
>>
>>49413453

My current kick is trying to turn the Osiris losing his dick narrative into a transgender story, where leaving behind masculinity is the secret to becoming god(dess) of the Underworld.

Trans girl, by the way. I think. Bracing for the derail.

The Greco-Roman specialty power is all about changing shape and Neal has said Loki will use the singular they/them, so it should be a fun book.
>>
File: 1446091269949.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446091269949.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>49413324
But a discord clique could create hoops to jump through. It could whittle away the population of the already slow threads once everyone spends all their time in the discord ERPing. It could lead to the thread itself becoming consumed by this attention whoring, circlejerking, and interpersonal drama at best, and at worst, the thread would exist solely as advertisement for the discord, consisting of absolutely nothing but a copypasted OP and literally hundreds of bumps. Do you want this to turn into /vg/?

I understand that this thread is for talking about WoD as a great big whole. But if very few people even do that in the first place, the discord is redundant. Of course it is entirely possible for the thread to be a wasteland while the discord is absolutely fucking packed, and if it isn't apparent to you why that's a nightmare that would scare the devil himself, then this all for nothing.

>>49413350
I wish. For starters, you have janitors and prospective janitors. Enough said. Then you have folks like Inspector Redwood and another mod whose name I can't say because he searches the archives and bans anyone who mentions him. Some of you might know who I'm talking about.
>>
>>49413487
>Bracing for the derail.
Meh. I think that people here who dislike you already have more immediate practical reasons. I also disagree with you on the Osiris thing since I think it was more about an act of shaming/dominance from Set more than anything else but I mean, you're not in my game so we don't have to butt heads over it.
>>
>>49413518
He has mentioned it enough times. No one cares about his trans scion stuff.

>>49413495
Honestly, I'm not enough of a pansy to be scared by a discord chat.
>>
>>49413518

I never said it was a practical or accurate reading, just one that enables a fun little twist on things that admittedly fits better in Unknown Armies than Scion.
>>
>>49413546
>Honestly, I'm not enough of a pansy to be scared by a discord chat.
I just don't intend to go, not like I don't have a million other things going on at once to add another. People can do whatever, won't really hurt anyone.

>He has mentioned it enough times
Apparently I'm a retard then. That's okay I guess, only have upwards to aim.
>>
>>49413411

I was just dunking on IRC as a concept being old.
>>
>>49413050
I'm starting to think you're scaring people away from the game with your charming personality.
>>
can someone explain to me exactly what MUSH is? Im lost
>>
>>49413968
A descriptor of a GRUEL.
>>
New to playing geist and wod in general what are some good tips and tricks regarding charms,ceremonies, keys, and manifestations. The elemental keys just seem like copy paste of each other with minor tweaks, and Oracle seems kinda meh
>>
>>49414042
You're already too late.
The tip is to not play Geist.
>>
>>49414042

Geist is probably the roughest 1e gameline. You're gonna have a real tough time of it.
>>
>>49414067
>>49414071

Why is it rough why should I not play geist? Is it unplayable because of bad writing or something? So far it has been understandable but I'm just not sure about certain stuff
>>
>>49414245
The game is listless. There isn't really much to 'do', which can be hard for ST's to counterbalance.
>>
>>49414525
And if I have a good st who can give us plenty of things to do?
>>
>>49414769
Then you play Geist I guess. I mean the basic ideas of the game aren't hard to work with but there's a lot more GM side work than Vampire or Werewolf where a plethora of things to do are baked in, as well as suggestions as to why doing things that aren't normal for the game can work too giving more material to work with.

Or you could be cool and be part of an elite, select crowd by dropping Geist and playing Mummy
>>
>>49414915

aside from what the other anon posted about don't play a sin eater, do you have any tips or anything for me?
>>
>>49414915
Also I'm playing in a mixed wod game with two werewolves. I'm the only sin eater
>>
>>49415130
Oh yeah, you're that guy.

That game will be interesting. Because werewolves aren't that good at dealing with ghosts, and sin-eaters don't deal with spirits. So together... I don't know what you guys will be doing.
>>
>>49415771
We pretty cover each others backs, but I wanted to get more 8nfo out of how to make a good geist character
>>
>>49415771
>werewolves aren't that good at dealing with ghosts
Isn't there whole shtick Spirit fuckery?
>>
>>49415870
Ghosts =/= Spirits

Twilight's a bitch like that
>>
>>49415870
Yeah. Spirits like native american 'one with nature' spirits. Not like ghost spirits.
>>
>>49415882
>>49415893
Well thats confusing
>>
>>49415899
Werewolves are great if the Spirit of your neighbour's tree has started molesting your kids with it's leaves. But if there's something strange in your neighbourhood, then who you're gonna call is Geistbusters
>>
>>49415899
Eh. I mean, I feel like calling a ghost a 'spirit' doesn't happen as much here (I live in the American pacific northwest). Spirits as a thing are definitely more talking about communing with nature than spooky boogie ghosts.

This is the first time I've considered that this might confuse people.
>>
So does size do anything aside from how little/big you are? It does nothing to stats?
>>
>>49416080
If you take the Giant or Small merits, yes
>>
>>49416080
It helps set your health.
>>
>>49415899
Yeah. But you get over it once you look into the Antagonist chapter of the core book itself. They are pretty clear with there being difference between various non-physical entities.
>>
>>49416080
it protects you from Awakening magic. the bigger you get the larger the penalty for targeting you becomes.

but its not full proof the mage can spend a reach to effect larger people, or simply hit an area.
>>
>>49409549
Did they finally change "Momentum" to something else? Jesus, it's like the picked the name for no other reason than it sounded "cool" at the moment. What were they smoking? Their system's "Momentum" does the OPPOSITE of what momentum should logically entail. They could've literally named it "ZLT!XPL" and it would've been a more accurate description. The fucking fuck.
>>
>>49412880
>I don't know what a vozhd is

Imagine 5-20 ghouls fleshcrafted together into a single massive, unstoppable and blood-crazed behemoth of flesh, sinew, bone, claws and teeth, whose only thoughts are "eat" and "keep eating". Mortals or cainite alike, they'll chew 'em all up in seconds.

A single Vozhd can take extreme amounts of punishment before dying (epecially the ones made up of ten or more ghouls) and were used by the Tzimisce in the Dark Ages as living siege engines. Why build a battering ram when you've got a twenty-foot tall monstrosity that's not going to take no for an answer? A peasant revolt would quickly change their minds and run screaming when they saw a Vozhd was being released.

In the Final Nights, Vozhd are pretty rare, only used in the most intense Sabbat sieges of entire cities and whatnot, and even then rarely seen for more than a single night before they get destroyed by either the Tzimisce's enemies or the Tzimisce that crafted it. Few can be reliably fielded for battle when cellphone cameras are everywhere, and a Vozhd takes massive resources to keep hidden and well-fed enough to not rampage from night-to-night, so it's easier to just be rid of it when the siege is over.

And in the modern age, the Blood Brothers serve pretty the same purpose, since they can look human most of the time and yet merge into a single massive fleshbeast when needed, and then turn back into humanoid shape again when their raw power is no longer needed.
>>
Could anyone here share acopy of Mage:the Awakening 2e?

Pretty please?
>>
>>49417349
Have you even LOOKED at the mega?
>>
File: 1466216524373.jpg (105KB, 589x570px) Image search: [Google]
1466216524373.jpg
105KB, 589x570px
>>49417015
Why does being a big guy help you resist magic?
>>
>>49417421
Affecting stuff bigger than size 5 means you suffer a penalty to your dicepool to cast the spell
>>
>>49417435
>Affecting stuff bigger than size 5 means you suffer a penalty to your dicepool to cast the spell

It depends on the intended effect/spell. The rules are not really clear at all.
>>
Do you guys think a gangrel could work as a police detective? I'm trying to think of some slightly against the grain character concepts.
>>
>>49417466
>It depends on the intended effect/spell.
Example?

>The rules are not really clear at all.
They are, unless you have some example(s) of spells that defy the rule
>>
>>49417413
Yes. It is pretty much the only Ascention book missing.
>>
>>49417483
kek
>>
File: 1443926204248.jpg (97KB, 696x535px) Image search: [Google]
1443926204248.jpg
97KB, 696x535px
>>49417435
>>49417466
But why?
>>
>>49417495
Mage spells have a low basic start point. They can affect 1 target, no bigger than size 5 and you have to touch the target. They last one round and have a potency (spell power) of one.

To improve any of those factors you have to either take a dice pool penalty or spend a Reach (which increases the risk of the spell backfiring when cast).

Affecting Big Guys is harder for you, just like affecting multiple normal guys is or affecting one guy from across the room.
>>
>>49417480
>>49417495

If you aim and throw and direct damage spell like a fireball, there's no size penalty to the spell roll (and a possible *bonus* to the to-hit roll).

As another Anon mentioned, area of effect spells similarly don't appear to consider size.
>>
>>49417516
>If you aim and throw and direct damage spell like a fireball, there's no size penalty to the spell roll

Ok, that's something I hadn't considered, so yeah that would be an exception. My mistake, thanks.
>>
>>49417495
The developers probably just didn't think that far ahead.
>>
>>49417483
You asked for an Awakening book, maaaaaaybe look into the Awakening folder instead of the Ascension one
>>
>>49417518

A more in depth explanation of when you need to apply certain spell factors, particularly size, is definitely one of the topics Dave needs to include in the desperately needed Mage FAQ.
>>
>>49417562
Size aways applies surely, except in the already mentioned situation of using aimed spells
>>
>>49417554
>>49417489
fuck my life. I always mix up which lines are nwod and which are owod.
>>
>>49417566
>Size aways applies surely

I'm not nearly so sure.
>>
>>49417603
>Spellcasting results in the following general effects, but each of these can be increased through changing spell factors or risking Paradox.

>• The spell grants a one-die bonus or penalty, deals one point of weapon damage, or heals one wound.

>• The spell lasts for one turn.

>• The spell hits one subject of Size 5 or less, or an area equal to an arm’s-length circle around a point.

>• The mage must be touching the subject of the spell, or be casting on herself.

p.111

These are the default spell effects, only way to change from this is to take dice penalties or Reach.
>>
File: 1454776244399.jpg (35KB, 643x500px) Image search: [Google]
1454776244399.jpg
35KB, 643x500px
>>49417514
>>49417516
>>49417537
So what you're saying is, the Supernal gets daunted by big guys?
>>
>>49417690
Yeah, it's pretty retarded.
>>
>>49417237

Narrative momentum. It's just outright saying what the actual purpose of the system is.
>>
>>49417690

What else was The Fall besides the plane crashing with no survivors?
>>
>>49417690

"size 5" or "an arm's length radius circle is fairly clear. If you have a werewolf standing alone in the middle of a field, just target the area and you'll hit him without worrying about his size of 7. But if he's grappling your cabalmate, you will hit her, too - and in that case, best suck up the size factors to just hit the werewolf.

Replace werewolf with your larger-than-human subject of choice.

It is much easier to blanket effect everything in an area than carefully select individual targets in Mage's spellcasting. This is entirely intentional on our part.

The building is on fire, and yes, it is your fault, Mr Dresden.
>>
File: Clever.jpg (10KB, 548x451px) Image search: [Google]
Clever.jpg
10KB, 548x451px
>>49417847
Clever anon.
>>
>>49418310
>The building is on fire, and yes, it is your fault, Mr Dresden.
Actually, in that case he wasn't actually throwing around the fire. It was demonic monkeys throwing flaming poop that set the building on fire, he was just trying to save the Foo Dogs.
>>
>>49417477
No, because he can't be up during the day.
>>
>>49418412
>Actually, in that case he wasn't actually throwing around the fire. It was demonic monkeys throwing flaming poop that set the building on fire, he was just trying to save the Foo Dogs.

Yeah. But in these cases it'll be the guy using either area targeting to strike at the big badguy easier, or going beyond his reach limit and incurring paradox, so the house gets torched anyway.
>>
File: 1413739553527.png (1MB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1413739553527.png
1MB, 640x960px
>>49418310

>The building is on fire, and yes, it is your fault, Mr Dresden.

In other words, when facing a big guy, a Forces mage is much more likely to accidentally make a fire rise in the building?
>>
So people on the OPP forums are discussing wether or not Beast is a good Crossover game.... again.

Good arguments on both side up to now, still waiting for Arc to post a 3-pager on why Beast is the best game ever
>>
>>49418691
Has Arc really been praising Beast? That's surprising.
>>
>>49418716
I was a bit unclear there. Arc said that he felt like Beast was good at being the crossover game
>>
>>49418316

For my next trick: Pageposting, now with CofD.

...I'll need to think about it for a bit.
>>
>tfw a dumbass you know is in the Discord
>>
>>49418716

You're talking about that Arcane Arts person, right? Didn't he write a piece for the Beast Anthology? If I remember right, his story's the second most liked one after DaveB's.

Either way, it's not surprising if it were true, the fandom will come to like any CofD/WoD game given enough time and distance and from the material. Give it another three years and people will say that they always loved Phil Brucato and Changing Breeds.

Also damn you all for talking about the forums so much that I feel like I have to figure out what all this forum nonsense is about.
>>
>>49418894
theres a wod discord?
>>
>>49418934
It is a heavily moderated hugbox. But there is also lots of good stuff going on there.

But the self-censorship the culture there brings on makes me go here as well.
>>
>>49418984
^This 1000 times. I came here to be able to talk about shit without having to watch every word I say.
>>
>>49418975
Yes. Someone posted it >>49412271

>>49418984
>>49419019
People who complain something is a "hugbox" tend to a) be assholes who don't like not being able to be an asshole, and often b) have their own hugboxes that aren't welcoming to anyone they don't agree with (the Reddit hivemind; literally all of 4chan)

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with preferring a different community. I'm on 4chan a lot more for various reasons myself. But "hugbox" is one of those buzzwords that raises my heckles.
>>
>>49419047
>People who complain something is a "hugbox" tend to a) be assholes who don't like not being able to be an asshole, and often b) have their own hugboxes that aren't welcoming to anyone they don't agree with (the Reddit hivemind; literally all of 4chan)

I suppose hugbox is not the right word. But any criticism of other posters is heavily suppressed. This means the forum has a distinct tendency towards correctness. It ALSO has a tendency towards passive-aggressive sniping, since no direct criticism is allowed.
>>
Can someone crash course me in the difference between VtM and VtR? I've played a little bit of VtM and I also played bloodlines, but I don't know a lot about either setting.
>>
>>49420239
>VtM
90s gothic over the top. there's an over-arching plotline and established characters and setting

>VtR
No established plot and setting. A bit more free form. Less established "if you are X clan this means you are Y". Far better to play
>>
>>49420239
They are two different games, you can't compare them Apples to Apples really.

Both games have a common theme and setup: vampires exist in the modern world, hidden alongside humans, battling among themselves and politicking for power and prestige in vampire society, with enemies all around in the form of both humans and other supernatural beings, as well as within the vampire community.

From there, each game is... very different.

Masquerade is a game focusing on a gothic-punk aesthetic, with a huge lore based on the Abrahamic Bible, drawing from the 'God cursed Cain' mythology; vampires are done up as clans of varous groups (including ethnic groups, area groups or slight bits of archetypes), two vast conspiracies that are at odds with each other, and a huge, sprawling metaplot and backstory dating back thousands of years. The focus in Masquerade is meant to be local political and adventure stuff, but it often spreads out simply by dint of how large the Masquerade setting is.

Requiem is a more local-focused game; while it has backstory, all of that is more of a toolkit and ideas. There are few concrete 'here is what happened' things (and even then, as a toolkit system, you have the choice to use them as you choose). Clans are pared down to 5 Archetypes (Monster, Lordly, Sexual, Bestial, Secretive) and 5 political groups (2 religious, 2 political, one comprising all of those). There are rumors and history going back as far as the Roman Empire, if you choose to use it. Books for Requiem don't really do a lot of 'and this thing happened in book X' that Masquerade does, so you have more freeform and open to building your setting. The ST has to do more work to build the setting though.

IF you played Bloodlines, that is Masquerade lore and setting.
>>
>>49420472
>2 religious, 2 political, one comprising all of those
The Ordo is less political than it is religious in their dogma and goals. They're more like evil academia than anything else.
>>
>>49420649
>2 religions
lancea sanctum
crazy witch one

>2 political
first estate
carthian

>mx
ordo dracul
>>
>>49420425
>>49420472
Thanks.
> Books for Requiem don't really do a lot of 'and this thing happened in book X' that Masquerade does
>No established plot and setting. A bit more free form. Less established "if you are X clan this means you are Y"
That's what I got from the tiny bit of reading I've done on the differences. I got into reading about the fog of the ages and whatnot and it struck me as "Stuff happened, but nobody remembers it, so the only plot that matters is whatever you're doing right now." And the chapter or two I read from Requiem is even heavier on the whole madness-beast-losing yourself concept instead of doom-n-gloom puppets being played by bigger puppets plot.
>Bloodlines is VtM
Yea I knew that, since Beckett is rather prominent in the metaplot and everyone panicking about the Sarcophagus starting Gehenna.
>VtR is better to play
How so? I only played like two games years ago of VtM so I don't know a lot.

I started reading a little bit of VtR's core rulebook, Some of the fonts piss me off since they're not easily legible to me, or are obnoxious to read more than a few words in, but that's not a fair criticism of the game itself, just the book.
>>
>>49420738
Grab the Second Edition book
Fog of Ages is gone(because even without it, nobody is going to be able to agree on a single concrete story about what the past was like), as are the shitty fonts
>>
>>49420738
>Some of the fonts piss me off since they're not easily legible to me,
Oh my god this is the worst and they do it in all gamelines. There's entire stories in Mummy I can't figure out what it is trying to say to me.
>>
>>49420738
The fonts are annoying, I agree.
As far as better to play, that's a YMMV topic. I enjoy both equally well, though I'm always tinkering with the setting of both anyway.

The question is, are you looking to ST or play/?
>>
>>49420239
You play Masquerade if you want childish shit

You play Requiem if you want a mature game for adults
>>
>>49420829
>>49420976
Oh good. That shit's awful.
>>49421022
I'm not looking to do either. Since Project Dogmat is probably going to be shit, I'm looking to amateur develop a video game for my friends and I to play. I'm just looking to draw from White Wolf's games since Bloodlines was so well done.
>>
>>49421534
Well yeah. MMOs are universally terrible. They have been for half a decade now, we just keep falling for them.
>>
I've been reading Leviathan the Tempest article on TV Tropes. I see there is some thematic overlap with Beast, and wonder how different they are in practice.
Did anyone play Leviathan, or at least borrow from it?
>>
>>49422333
>playing fansplats

heh.

But seriously, as far as I've seen. The game is dead in the water since Beast was announced. No one even mentions it.
>>
File: Ringwald - Shittier.gif (546KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
Ringwald - Shittier.gif
546KB, 500x264px
>>49422333
>anyone playing a fangame

You must be new here.
>>
>>49422333
Leviathan is garbage.

>>49422360
People mention it often. Usually to say "it's better than Beast!"
But it's not.
It's garbage.
Beast feels like a fangame already, but Leviathan IS a fangame, and unfinished, and a cumbersome clunky mess with mpreg, cloning, seven forms, and narrow theming, and that makes it far worse.
>>
>>49422360
>dead in the water
>game about sea monsters

Heh.

But The King's Raven has a 2e thread on the forums that updates pretty often!
>>
>>49422360
>>49422368
Stranger things have happened. I actually saw a Genius actual play at RPG.net.

Anyway, point taken.
>>
>>49422512
One guy in my mixed game is a Prince(ss) slowly losing their mind because they hang around with a werewolf, vampire, beast and mummy/cultists thereof.

Though if he doesn't snap and decide to kill everyone he might effectively be a beacon of hope tempered by realistic assessments of how bad the world really is.
>>
File: buffy__logo.jpg (37KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
buffy__logo.jpg
37KB, 720x576px
>>49422897
>Princess
>Not overly Native or Burn out
>Hanging Around monster from the darkness
>>
>>49423075
Wasn't Buffy more like a Hunter who had some supernatural merits?
>>
>>49423157
She was sort of a Ghoul who didn't need Vitae
>>
>>49423157
Yes.
>>
>>49423157
Buffy is a Hunter with a Destiny, if anything.
>>
>>49423157
>>49423171
She's basically an Imbued. Which is sort of what Reckoning was.
In Vigil, she'd be a Hunter with a few Supernatural merits related to Destiny, stuff like that, possibly strength buffs. Though most of the stuff about her being the chosen one who is the only one who can destroy the evils was basically forgotten about or dropped, and anyone could stake a vampire with a pencil.

>>49422897
>>49423075
I actually really like a lot of what Princess has going on.
>>
>>49407921
what with using a COC image for a WOD thread?
>>
>>49423218
I don't see any naked goblins in that picture.
>>
>>49423218
What?
Also, the thread starter image is barely ever going to be a WoD image. I didn't choose this one, but it's been explained so many times that I can only assume people who still ask are idiots.
>>
>>49423218
What the fuck does corruption of champions have to do with the Mummy? And also, Mummy is a splat. The Mummy is a movie about a Mummy. The link seems fine.
>>
>>49423292
>>49423277

You people are the fucking death of me.

>>49423281

Once again, Aspel, you took the bait.
>>
>>49423359
>You people are the fucking death of me.
I don't know what COC is honestly so I don't know how to respond.
>>
>players watch as a human heart shots a werewolf with his bare hands for sixteen dice, tear out its heart and eats it and begins to regenerate
>decide they're going to attack
Goddamnit why won't you take a hint
>>
So my players killed the sheriff's touchstone because they're idiots, what's a good feat to demonstrate that they should run away from the frenzied gangrel with 24 dots of strength.
>>
File: No no the OTHER CoC.png (140KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
No no the OTHER CoC.png
140KB, 300x300px
>>49423277
>>49423292
Not that CoC.

>>49423281
the mummy is a very good CoC movie.
Also, it wasn't a question so much as a dumb joke commenting on that statement.

>>49423399
Call of cthulhu
Corruption of champions
Clash of clans
>>
>>49423486
>24 dots of strength
What?

Is he Blood Potency 8?
That's fucking Elder levels of old, what is he doing being the Sheriff?
>>
How many different types of demons have been defined in cofd?

Goetic demons for mage stuff?
Infernal demons from back in inferno?
And then institutional demons from Demon?

Is that all?
>>
>>49423486
How the shit did you get 24 dots there? Are they BP 10 and maxed Vigor or something?

Also have them literally tear a street lamp from the ground and toss it aside or something.
>>
>>49423538

For what it's worth, I got and enjoyed your joke.

>Clash of Clans is also acronym-ed to CoC

FUCK EVERYTHING
>>
>>49423486
I don't think you realize how strong that is.
>>
>>49423486
>>49423406

These two posts being next to each other is absolute poetry.
>>
>>49423558
Goetic Demons and Pandemonium Demons from Mage
Inferno Demons/Maeljin from Inferno/Werewolf/Mage
Unchained Demons from Demon
Institutional "Demons" from Hunter(Actually just Angels who have taken buildings as Cover, iirc)
Another kind that's hinted to exist in a sidebar in Demon's core book, but given no info

There's also a lot of Angels
Aetheric Angels from Mage
Qashmallim from Promethean
God-Machine Angels from Demon
Probably others
>>
>>49423694
So are goetic demons supposed to be different from pandemonium demons?

Mage is the main line I ignore.
>>
>>49423897
Goetic Demons are the inner thoughts of humanity; when a Mage summons the Goetic Demon of his boss, it's going to look how the Mage imagines his boss.
Pandemonium Demons are Supernal Entities. They exist purely in Pandemonium, except for when they're summoned, and even then they can only exist in the Fallen World for so long before the Abyss pulls them out or they return to Pandemonium.(Same goes for any other Supernal Entity)
There's little connection, if any, between a Pandemonium Demon and a Goetic Demon.
>>
>>49423694
Inferno also implies that there are Empyrean angels, so there's at least that one extra variant.
>>
>>49423942
So pandemonium demons are just like aether angels, a supernal symbol of a demon entity?

Compared to infernals who are from the lower depths and are also unrelated. Okay. Just figuring out my cosmology.
>>
>>49422395
>implying mpreg isn't typical for WoD
>>
>>49424056
Doesn't wolf 2e have possible mpreg? I know there was a lot of weird stuff in there between the new gifts and wolfblooded.
>>
>>49424120
Wolf, vampire, and mage all have it in 2e, and vampire and mage for sure had it in 1e. I'm pretty sure changeling can do it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if demon and mummy could do it, too.
>>
>>49423486
Flip the bus anon, leap tall building in a single bound. murderfck the next old lady in the street
>>
>>49424120
>>49424153
They all "have it" in that they say "we aren't saying its impossible, because this is an RPG and ultimately designed to be a toolkit, so it doesn't matter what we say anyways"
>>
>>49424153
you're talking about the werewolf gift that turns you into a woman. I get mage fckery, but how do vamps do it?
>>
>>49424270
>>49424258
Vampires can forcibly impregnate men such that they carry dhampirs to term, which generally drives them insane, and they often die giving 'birth'. See Night Horrors: Wicked Dead.

So, I rescind the earlier comment, that particular method might not be canon to 2e. Yet.
>>
>>49424352
can you be more specific anon? like a page number? Is this like a weird vampire monster off shoot or a fcked up power?
>>
>>49424391
Sounds like magical butt babies.
>>
>>49424460
Sounds like magical realm.
>>
File: davebhasafetish.png (378KB, 395x710px) Image search: [Google]
davebhasafetish.png
378KB, 395x710px
>>49424391
Page 144 of Night Horrors - Wicked Dead. This is simply a thing that vampires can do, if they want to. Needs a ritual or a special discipline, but any vampire who wants to learn how to do it can. It's a bad idea, though.
>>
>>49423552
6 dots strength, 6 dots vigor, frenzying at BP6, using Force of Nature to shift 6 dots of Dexterity to Strength.

I think I'm doing that right?

Which also gives him... 39 speed with quadripedal? So he's about twice as fast as all my players while they're popping celerity.

Shit.
>>
>>49424636
Does it mean he gets Dexterity 0? Is that allowed?
>>
>>49424636
>>49424748
Shifting frenzy stats into another stat is way too min maxy and unneeded. and having a dex stat of 0 is effectively paralysis
>>
>>49424748
6 dots of Dexterity + another 6 from frenzying, converting the 6 'baseline' dots to strength.

I think that's legal?

I never actually intended for them to fight the Sheriff so I just gave him 6 dots in all the physical attributes and complimentary disciplines.
>>
>>49424487
so blood magic. cool thanks anon
>>
>>49424120
Werewolf SORT of have it.
With a specific gift, they can change physical sex, and the change is complete. Thus, a man can turn into a woman and become pregnant.
>>
>>49424636
>6 dots vigor

How?
>>
>>49424748
You can go down to 0 in a stat. Even permanently. But it's usually not a good idea.
>>
>>49423406
>players are now mad that the Hunter who heart shotted a werewolf for 16 dice, tore out heart, ate it, etc. heart shotted a player, and instantly torpor'd them
THIS ISN'T MY FAULT
>>
>>49424864
Dex 0 = literally cannot move
>>
>>49424817
no don't do that. That's easily over kill for newbies. Unless this are mid range vampire. then go hog wild.

What you want is a physically good fighter with enough mental resistances to make mind control unreliable.
>>
>>49424855
Does BP6+ not let you take more than 5 dots in a discipline in VtR?
>>
>>49424904
It's more like its simple not need. the system isn't designed with that intention. In classic you had 6+ dot disicplines for elders and plot stuff. In Chronicles Vampires have devotions which take the place of elder bullshit.
>>
>>49424904
Nope.
Disciplines cap at 5.

There are no Disciplines above that.

For elder powers, look at Devotions. (Force of Nature, Juggernaut's Gait, and Cult of Personality are examples.)
>>
>>49424896
The players themselves aren't newbies to VtR, but they are blood potency 1 scrubs.

I don't REALLY want this to be a TPK but I'm not going to let them get off scot-free from doing something as stupid as killing the touchstone of a major character.

I might just have the Sheriff final death the character that actually did it.
>>
>>49424872
Immobile things have Dex 0, yes. But that doesn't mean everything with Dex 0 is immobile. Golem (the clay man of Jewish mythology) would be Dex 0 but still able to move.
>>
>>49424955
ok question did they do it in front of him?
>>
>>49424955
There are literally countless ways to do this other than having a big dumb fight out of nowhere. Use your brain.
>>
>>49424487

I love the file name. But I didn't work on that book.

MPreg does nothing for me. It certainly isn't a Varanid.
>>
Does Gecko ever post here? I don't think I've seen his brand of Mage-hating on this board.
>>
>>49425020
They reported to the Sheriff's house for a mission, where they got into a fight with one of the Hounds who abandoned them on a previous job; the Sheriff's vampire wife stopped them from killing the hound after he was torpor'd, so one of the players performed a Killing Blow against the unresisting vampire wife, killing her instantly.

So the Sheriff wouldn't necessarily know which one of them did it, so he'd presumably kill all of them.

>>49425067
I'm not going to coddle my players by letting them do stupid shit and not have repercussions; if they come up with some bullshit that lets them beat the Sheriff then good for them.
>>
File: Lizard Scratch.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Lizard Scratch.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>49425093
>MPreg does nothing for me

How about this?

Does it turn you on David?
>>
Hello kind anons. I never really played any WoD scenario before, but my group is really eager to do it, so, as the GM, I'm trying to get into the lore.

I'm really excited about Changeling, but here's some questions:
>The Lost or the Dreaming and why?
>Tips for GM-ing Storyteller? I've been a D&D-esque type of scenario for so long that I feel unconfortable on doing different stuff
>Besides the core book, I really need to read other books to get the lore right?
>>
>>49425293
It might be a bit on the small side for him...
(Also, I thought it was just Dave)
>>
>>49425328
He can't have "Dave" on his birth certificate, surely?
>>
File: 1438701532190.png (95KB, 626x348px) Image search: [Google]
1438701532190.png
95KB, 626x348px
>>49425288
If your characters, story, and ability as a storyteller are all so shallow that the only scenario that could possibly occur is a big dumb fight then that's on you. If you don't want to make it entertaining for your players, then don't, feel free to go on with the stupid shit you currently have in mind.
>>
>>49425310
>The Lost or the Dreaming and why?
Ok. There are EXTREME theme differences between the two.
To summarize in short:
Dreaming is all about magic returning to the world, and seeing the fantastical in everything. It's easily the most positive splat in WoD.
Lost is all about dealing with trauma, finding a place in a world that no longer has a place for you, and handling constant fear. It's easily the most depressive splat in CofD.

They both use the same trappings, but the themes are close to polar opposites.

>Tips for GM-ing Storyteller? I've been a D&D-esque type of scenario for so long that I feel unconfortable on doing different stuff
This is what works for me: Create a bunch of powerful NPC''s (politically as well as personally), write up the plot between them, figure out where to insert the players, watch things catch fire.

>Besides the core book, I really need to read other books to get the lore right?
Need? Not really. Every book helps, but I wouldn't say they are NECESSARY.
>>
>>49410561
FAITH IS MY SHIELD
>>
>>49425288
>invited into home
>started a fight as guests
>slaughtered a civy of standing

Oh wow, they're fcked. ok here's what I would do. I'd started throw a car at them. You know to start. And then Walking Calming and dutyifully over to them I'd ask them a single question "Which one of you gets to die tonight? Which one of you are you going to give to me for taking one of mines away?"

Rational: eye for an eye. He might or might not have loved or might have been under the blood. but he still feels the lose. But he's more than willing to be quote unquote fair. And when they hand over the rat. ravage and btt fck the monster.
>>
>>49426031
And then punish the others for allowing the fucker to do this. Don't kill them, no, but blood bond them all or stake them a few times or burn an arm away. You know, fuck them up.
>>
>>49425288
"Not having a fight" doesn't mean "coddling them", you dumbass
It means punish them in a way that doesn't kill their characters, or else make the Sheriff LESS of an insta-gib machine so they actually stand a chance.
>For example
Have him get pissed at them, and clearly be holding back a frenzy, then send them on a mission--whether its the one he originally planned for them or not is up to you, but the point is rather than killing them HIMSELF, he's going to try and at least have them be useful before they get themselves killed by whoever they're working against on the mission.
>>
>>49425365
Maybe you aren't familiar with what fucking frenzying is?

Obviously you're one of those people who just doesn't like combat in their RPGs, but here's a quick tip from a 'shallow' storyteller; doing everything possible to avoid combat, especially when it is both the most obvious and natural result of an action, doesn't make your story good. It is glaringly obvious that you're just trying to railroad players away from an aspect of a game you don't like.
>>
>>49426141
Okay, so what you're telling me to make it so a party of what are essentially level 1 characters are capable of killing a Sheriff; ignore established rules for determining whether a character frenzies or not; ignore that literally 99% of all people in a situation would act a certain way and instead have a character act in a completely unbelievable way; and ignore the established lore about the penalties for killing another kindred in their domain.

All of this contrived bullshit somehow makes the story 'better' and less 'shallow' and lets me avoid 'big dumb fights', and effectively punishes the players in no way other than in changing the context of their next job.

First off; all that advice is railroading dogshit and reinforces that players have no actual agency over the story.
Secondly; not allowing an event to play out to its logical conclusion is not satisfying as a player.
Thirdly; jumping through hoops because you genuinely believe that all combat is is bad (which you clearly do if you're trying to avoid it in the most story-backed way possible) makes you a terrible GM.
>>
>>49426428
They're saying 'don't have a Level 20 Red Dragon murder a bunch of Level 1 characters'. He's the Sheriff, he's obliged to, y'know, FOLLOW THE FUCKING RULES OF THE CITY. Does the normal city in your game allow the Sheriff to execute people? Take them down, torpored, take them to the Prince for punishment. you can get more game out of it by making them go through court, be dressed down by the city, and given a chance to 'make amends' in ways that likely will get them deaded, or get helpful shit for your Sherriff.
>>
>>49426580
>Does the normal city in your game allow the Sheriff to execute people?
Yes, actually, because killing kindred in their domain gets a blood hunt called on you in the setting.

>you can get more game out of it
I'm sorry, is game something that can run out at your table? What, exactly, is the point of extending a game at the cost of story cohesiveness and removing players' ability to meaningfully make choices in the game (even if it leads to their deaths).

I can 'get more game' out of it by starting up a new chronicle. Or if they really want it, by letting my players take a mulligan on the whole 'murder innocents' thing.

If a bunch of level 1 players walk into a Red Dragon's lair and kill its wife then, yes, they ARE going to get killed by a level 20 Red Dragon.
>>
>>49426691
If everyone's PCs die, that angle of the game ends. You end up having to have a new arrangement of characters who have no investment in the things you may have partially-finished and may actively avoid those plot threads as new characters.
>>
>>49426580
Dear Prince this pirates attack me in my home. I am merely reacting to act of war.
>>
>>49426691
>Yes, actually, because killing kindred in their domain gets a blood hunt called on you in the setting.
It's their job to deal with lawbreakers, that's why they have the name sheriff. If they take their personal feelings into account, they're not being a good sheriff.

Was it against the rules of the domain to kill the touchstone?
>>
>>49426428
>>49426691
I can't tell if you're autistic or just a troll
I'm not telling you to make it so they're capable of killing him, or to ignore rules, or any of that other bullshit.

I'm telling you that if you throw this character THAT YOU HAVE SAID YOURSELF was statted with no consideration for combat balance, he will definitely kill ALL of them.
You know what's less fun than having no agency, not following an event to its conclusion, or jumping through hoops? A total party-kill. It literally kills the game beyond salvation.
Nullifying the decisions the players have made is also a game killer, because if you let them take a mulligan on the whole 'murder innocents' thing, they're just going to take that as a sign they can do whatever they want with no consequences.

What I'm telling you is make it so they at least have a chance of surviving the fight, if one has to happen.
What I'm telling you is let the players have some control over the story instead of coming on here to ask us for advice and then say NO BUT THEY HAVE TO DIE BECAUSE REASONS AND YOU ARE ALL DUMB FOR TRYING TO STOP ME FROM KILLING THEM

What I'm telling you is that being a good ST requires that you actually try to keep the story going, instead of putting the players in a situation they literally cannot survive the first time they make a stupid decision.
If anybody here is a terrible GM, it's you.
>>
>>49427196
>I'm telling you that if you throw this character THAT YOU HAVE SAID YOURSELF was statted with no consideration for combat balance, he will definitely kill ALL of them.
That's what he said, though.

He was asking for things the sheriff could do so the players know to run (and avoid the frenzying sheriff until he calms down).

>>49423486
>So my players killed the sheriff's touchstone because they're idiots, what's a good feat to demonstrate that they should run away from the frenzied gangrel with 24 dots of strength.
see
>>
>>49427196
>REASONS
Damn good reasons. Don't poke the bear
>>
>>49427196
The lesson: DON'T MURDER HOBO
>>
>>49427196
This is just a fundamental difference of opinion that a TPK is the absolute worst thing that can happen in a story, it isn't.

As for taking mulligans, a little thing called 'GMs discretion' works wonders for potential abuse, because the moment I feel they're abusing it I can just say 'nah son' and not let them take it.

Not every situation needs a magical escape route for the players to take. If the players are clever enough to find a way out of an event then good for them, I'm not going to shit on their actions because I 'want' them to die.

>>49427217
To be fair, I actually just wanted silly suggestions on what kind of cinematic actions fit ~24 strength, since the old 1e chart only goes to 15, and doesn't really translate to 2e anyway.

That these actions are almost certainly less likely to kill all the players than him just chasing after them faster than they can sprint with celerity and then one-shotting them is accidental.
>>
>>49427427
I'm pretty sure at 24 strength he could lift the entire building they're in one-handed.
>>
>>49427374
The lesson: If your PCs antagonize an NPC that you hadn't planned on them fighting, figure out actual stats instead of slapping the highest possible number you can on everything.
>>
>>49427732
Cinematic action aside, assuming he has an even moderate Brawl 3, this guy would be pumping out 9+ successes on average, before weapon modifiers get involved. Beyond the fact that TPK is lame, having One Punch Man be the sheriff is kind of cheesy.
>>
>>49427755
The Lesson: Luls murffdderss is Fun
>>
>>49427427
Dude throw a telephone pole as a javelin
>>
>>49427755
To be fair I was on the side of this guy is kind of overkill. and I wouldn't use him, but then I heard what they did, and Now I'm like. yeah these guys are fcked. There could have been some cool rp. But I'm getting the feeling these guys that want to make big scene of chaos and violence
>>
Rich T didn't post the monday meeting
>>
>>49428453
>Monday Meeting Notes are late
>Water is wet
They haven't gone up at a reasonable time in months, I don't think.
>>
>>49425983
>FAITH IS MY SHIELD

But being an Adept of Forces certainly doesn't hurt.

-Esau, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder
>>
>>49428453

Wasn't this week's Monday Meeting Notes supposed to be the Big Announcement One, too? I figure that's playing a hand in it.
>>
>>49428687
I look forward to the abashed Tuesday meeting notes and the inevitable pushback of the Scion KS date once more
>>
>>49429027
>Hope you’ll all join us on Thursday when we go live with Scion 2nd’s Kickstarter, as not only will these be beautiful and awesome books to enjoy, but we really do have some fantastic Stretch Goals awaiting. Plus, because our goal with this KS is to get these first two Scion 2nd books traditionally printed and out into stores, any success here will pave the way for other game lines also getting back into your Friendly Local Game Store as well as on DTRPG.

And for the big news:
>Just wanted to let you all know that I’m proud to announce that Rollickin’ Rose is now Onyx Path‘s 4th full-time employee as Development Producer. Rose will be directly working with our freelance developers and their teams, as well as editors and translators, to facilitate their efforts on our projects; basically she’s doing all the kinds of stuff she did before as a contract employee, but more of it!
>>
>>49429323
>VtR Half-Damned (Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition)
it's in first draft
>>
>>49424955
>>49425288

So from what ive gathered, the players are not new to VTR and know what they have done, and decided; yeah, lets kill this guy, and the wife of a literal monster.

People are arguing weather to send a really high level character at the PC's or not.

This is Vampire: The Requiem right? The vampire game with politics right? Don't send the sheriff at them right away that would undermined the effect of what they have done. they have not only violated the law and insulted the prince, killed an agent of the prince and the sheriff(did that guy have friends? What would you do to the guy who killed your friend?) Killed the sheriff's wife guaranteeing that they will not be taken in alive for anything resembling a trail.

All of this in the Sheriff's house.

Congratulations you now have your B plot line. Most thrillers use a love story but this will do.

The key is to make it very clear though dialog, witness accounts and second hand interactions that you do not want to be in the same room as the Sheriff if you want to leave alive. Then make sure they don't get into the same room as him. Make them realize that "If we fight him, the whole team dies, unless we are prepared." Don't tell them this, show them this. Show them his victims, his wake and give them a sense of dread when thinking about this guy.

Then the B plot begins. While the main story(A Plot) goes on the sheriff is after them and some NPC makes it very clear that the players need to 1) lay low, 2) get protection, 3) prepare to fight the sheriff. Breaking traditions alerts the Sheriff allowing him to get ever closer. The longer the PC's don't have someone with some political weight watching their back the closer and faster the sheriff comes.

When they fuck up he shows up like a slasher movie villain. Out the corner of your eye, getting closer and closer calmly maiming and staking member after member until he takes them away to receive justice.

Unfortunately it isn't the prince's justice...
>>
Someone give me a good last name for my Mestizo Scion.

He's the one I was talking about a week or so ago; the Scion of Jiibayaabooz.

First name is Ahanu, last name needs to be something latin sounding since his mom is Mexican
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/a-brief-treatise-on-how-we-kickstart-monday-meeting-notes/
>>
>>49429365
I actually like this. You should definitely have characters on the side lines, laughing and watching. "oh he is going string you up by your inners"

I would have the Prince on the sidelines giving unofficial clout to the sheriff without saying anything or acting out in the open. Like he wants to just test his sheriff to see how silent deadly and effective he really is.
>>
>>49429350
>VtR Half-Damned

Is this a Requiem 2e book about ghouls?
>>
>>49429529
Ghouls and Revenants, yeah
>>
>>49425265
Wait...People here can Identify OPP forum posters and have opinions of them? Crap! Why am I suddenly worried that everyone hates me? Or worse thinks I have a case of Perma-noob
>>
>>49429559

Do dhampir exist in Requiem 2e?
>>
>>49429619
I think up there a bit someone posted a Requiem 1e document that says they do. I think.
>>
>>49429588

I have no idea who you are. I only started looking at the forums because apparently that's where all the dev info goes and also because apparently half of you people are OPP Forums posters wearing cloaks (or in the case of Atamajakki and Aspel, wearing large festive Hawaiian shirts).

It reminds me why I only stick to imageboards: forums are awfully slow.
>>
>>49429619
Yes, the Half-Damned book will feature playable rules for Ghouls, Revenants and Dhampirs
>>
>>49429323

It's about fucking time that Rose became a full-time employee. With how much she busts her ass over the Kickstarters, she's earned it.
>>
>>49425365
Shut the fuck up, you idiot. If the players do something THAT stupid, what happens next is on their head. They murdered an unresisting woman for trying to stop them from killing someone else. Jesus christ, just *why*.
>>
>>49426691
I don't know about killing them but beating them into Topor, and dragging their asses before the prince to face a trial seems more Sherif to me that just killing them.

After all they are Morons (innocent) until proven guilty, and the hound was in the room, and his only witness is just as likely to be the killer framing those jack asses.
>>
>>49429666
HaplessWithDice
>>
File: Correction_4704ff_449078.jpg (31KB, 425x466px) Image search: [Google]
Correction_4704ff_449078.jpg
31KB, 425x466px
>>49429721
I think that should be obvious
>>
>>49429686
>Dhampirs

What are dhampirs in the CofD?
>>
>>49429862
Offspring of a kindred and a human I think, at least also for the book's namesake of "Half-Damned"
>>
>>49429862
You see...When a vampire knocks up a human. The end result is called a Dhampir and they tend to be pissy, angsty, teenage emo-lords by nature.

Others turn into Blade/Vampire Hunter D knock offs.
>>
>>49429365
>Don't send the sheriff at them right away that would undermined the effect of what they have done. they have not only violated the law and insulted the prince, killed an agent of the prince and the sheriff(did that guy have friends? What would you do to the guy who killed your friend?) Killed the sheriff's wife guaranteeing that they will not be taken in alive for anything resembling a trail.
I think the real problem is they killed the Sheriff's wife in his own home.
>>
>>49429913
If a magic corpse can impregnate a human, can Mummies do the same if they really believe in themselves?
>>
>>49430310
I don't think there's anything to stop a Mummy from impregnating someone or being impregnated.

As far as I know, they're just an immortal mind/soul bound into a mortal body, aren't they?
>>
File: is Frank an instrument.jpg (237KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
is Frank an instrument.jpg
237KB, 640x480px
>>49429925
>When a vampire knocks up a human
Is the reverse possible? Moreover, how is it possible at all? Vampirism is not genetic. It's magic. Logically, if a vampire were somehow fertile, any offspring he would father should just be ordinary humans. Unless of course semen counts as vitae, in which case the child would be a ghoul. Same goes for a vampire who somehow manages to get pregnant: Logically, her child should just be a ghoul as well.
>>
>>49430393
Vampires can spend a Vitae to make themselves capable of everything a living human would be capable of; that includes lewd things.
Logically, since vitae is powering the flow of fluids throughout their system(heartbeat and such, as well as everything else), a bit of it is likely carried along when they have sex, and thus the child could become a Dhampir.

The reverse is also, technically, possible, but it'd be a lot harder for a vampiric mother; odds are, the child would only develop while she's got the Blush of Life active, if at all
>>
>>49430412
Why does the child become half vampire instead of full blooded or a ghoul?
>>
>>49430310
>can Mummies do the same if they really believe in themselves?

Only if they also refer to themselves in the appropriate gender fluid pronoun

#CultistsLivesMatter
>>
I'm gonn be playing in an online chat rp, and it looks like it's gonna be crossover heavy.

What's objectively the best splat for the long term?

I can figure out a concept I enjoy, whether it's Vampire, mage or God forbid Werewolf, but I need to narrow it down soon
>>
>>49430310

Mummies are as alive as they want to be, basically, and there's an Utterance that confers fertility on someone.
>>
>>49430558
>Utterance that confers fertility on someone

Isn't it someone *besides* the mummy, as they are just really nothing more than rotted flesh.
>>
>>49430624

I would assume a Mummy at the Sekhem level where they look human can probably have sex with someone successfully.

And "my long-missing father is actually a 5000 year-old mummy" makes a great excuse to have a supernatural merit or a Minor Template.
>>
>>49430558
>>49430647

jakki help me with my scion before the kickstarter on thursday so I can be disappointed if I cant make him 1:1
>>
>>49430722

I already thought up a Scion that the rules we're Kickstarting can't do, so I'm with you on that.

What's the idea?
>>
>>49430739
He's that mestizo guy that's the sun of Jiibayaabooz. I need someone to bounce characterization ideas off.

What's your idea that you can't do and how do you know you can't do it
>>
>>49430793

I vaguely remember that. Bounce away! I should warn you that I'm not super familiar with Native American stuff of any stripe beyond the necessary reading about wendigo every nerd seems to undertake.

Incarnate Scion of Azar/Osiris, on hold because the Incarnate Genesis has been pushed back to the God book.
>>
>>49430558
>>49430502
>>49430337
The book specifically spells out mummies are universally sterile.
>>
>>49430818
Refresh my memory on what Incarnate is in the context of 2e, if you'd be so kind?

Anyway, Ahanu Descalzo. Born to a single mother in poor area of Phoenix, excelled in athletics growing up, going to college for a business degree because he's thinking it'd be the best way to get his family name out of dirt squalor poor. Has a complex about authority and thinks himself top dog in all situations. I think this will tie in to a character arc about him seeing himself as an alpha wolf and trying to emulate that, but more of a backwards concept of "wolf" wherein he's focusing on the self rather than the pack. Hopefully his misadventures with his Scion band lets that happen.

Uhh father like I said is Jiibayaabooz/Ghost of Rabbit; trickster god in Ojibwe/Algonquian that was obsessed with his fellow Gods and their interactions with humans. Liked teaching human things. Upon his visitation I imagine Ahanu is pretty damn bitter he grew up without a father and is salty for a while. Since Jiib is like the patron of vision quests and dreams I figure he'll have some of those before his Visitation but I'll have to counsel with my IRL first nation professor to see if that'd be okay or problematic.

When he gets over his daddy issues I reckon his divinity will make his narcissism flare up for a while and any sort of heroics will just keep fanning that fire. Deep down he likes playing the hero to feel needed and valued since he never really felt that growing up aside from his overworked mother.

Depending on the purview available, he'll probably focus on Animal (Wolf), Fire, and War. Prophecy if that's still a thing.

Basically I'm wondering if that sounds neat. I can elaborate if needed

Also depending on how easy it is to translate, I might take that one guy on the OPP's forum's fanwrite for a Lovecraft Pantheon and make a black daughter of Hastur because I love the Yellow Wallpaper/King in Yellow
>>
>>49431092

He sounds pretty cool so far! I'll admit my lack of knowledge regarding that whole mythology constellation is hurting me here, but a decent character with flaws and planned narrative arcs is more than I can ever expect from my own former players. Sounds like a treat!

I'm trying to see if Outsider: the Calling will have better life as Lovecraftian Scion or as Deviant.

Incarnates are those Scions who are a little splinter of their god and remember it later on in life, but they were delayed to the endgame book.
>>
>>49426255
I've told you to go ahead with your dumb idea if you can't think of anything else, faggot.
>>
This is how I Ventrue
>>
>>49432611
This is how I Gangrel
>>
File: ODB_04-13-2016.jpg (70KB, 509x382px) Image search: [Google]
ODB_04-13-2016.jpg
70KB, 509x382px
>>49432687
This is how I Malkavian.
>>
>>49432687
>This is how I Gangrel

No, that's how you travel back to 1996...
>>
>>49433020
Could you use disciplines to do something approximating the Delorean with your Kindred?
>>
>>49430527
>What's objectively the best splat for the long term?

Depends on your definition of long-term. Tons of XP or many many years? In one case it's Mage, in the other it's vamp. Have fun
>>
>>49433045

I think that's more Mage: The Ascension's Technocracy circa 1990's than Vampire.

However, the True Brujah and their Tempris Discipline could probably pull-off time travel.
>>
What practice to I need to enchant Arrows to become windforce bullets?
>>
>>49433210
To begin with: What exactly do you mean with windforce bullets?

Because off of the top of my head, I can think of two ranged attacks using the term windforce, and they are completely different.
>>
>>49433497
Basically a missle of hurricane force winds
>>
>>49433725
Forces 3 for bashing, 4 for Lethal. It's just Incinerate by another name
>>
>>49433733
Or Matter. Considering that Windstrike is literally the example of using Matter to do Bashing damage.
(Though it's stuck in the 1e Practice school. I think it should be Weaving, not Fraying, you aren't fraying anything.)
>>
>>49430412
>odds are, the child would only develop while she's got the Blush of Life active, if at all
I was reading through Kindred of the East, and there was a bit on Kuei-Jin spawning children. Male Kuei-Jin only need to be yang attuned for the act, but pregannt Kuei-Jin women need to rise yang attuned every night or else she miscarries on the spot. Seems to support what you said, but I imagine that most Kindred probably can't maintain blush of life while sleeping or it'd get too expensive or whatever. It probably just doesn't work.
>>
>>49433759
In Requiem, that is actually possible, if one is Ordo Dracul.
They can make sure their Blush lasts for 24 hours. (Oh, and they don't need daysleep while the Blush lasts).
>>
>>49433777
I hadn't considered that possibility. I was thinking in Masquerade terms only. It's probably up to storyteller discretion.

>Blush lasts for 24 hours
>Can remain active during daylight
Sounds really useful. I'm guessing you still explode if you walk outside during daylight, but at least you can be a NEET during daylight hours.
>>
>>49433810
>Sounds really useful. I'm guessing you still explode if you walk outside during daylight, but at least you can be a NEET during daylight hours.

Yup.
But there are other powers in the same tree that lessen that effect as well.
The Ordo Dracul are all about getting rid of the vampiric drawbacks (or at least turning them into strengths), and they are pretty damn good at it.

If one has mastered the powers of the Mystery of the Ascendant, one can walk around in daylight, provided one has a big hat, a coat, gloves, and all that, and don't look up.

The Ordo doesn't have fancy magic or centuries worth of political deals... They can however just walk up to your haven in broad daylight and rip you to shreds while you sleep.
>>
>>49433810
One of their coil culminates with the vampire ripping his vampire guise from itself and becoming 100% human for 24 hours.

It's also heretical
>>
>>49430647
Do you remember that telling someone you love them in the language of Irem is a violation against the Judges? There's fun to be had in figuring out why.
>>
>>49425288
Did you establish that the Sheriff is a battle monster? If yes, remind the players of that fact. Tell them out of character: "Do you remember how he benched pressed a truck? Do you remember how he tore apart a Belialist with his bare hands? You just killed his touch stone, and Vampires are stronger when in frenzy."

Are there other Hounds there? The might quake in fear and instead of fighting the players try to blatantly herd them in the Sheriff's direction. "Problem? Ha, ha! There is no problem! I'm gonna explain to the Sheriff that there is no problem to be had. You stay here, okay? Don't leave!"

If you haven't established his strength, tone the stats down. You can do it in addition to the first step, to be safe.

Does the Sheriff already know his wife is dead? This gives you wiggle room. You have time to:
Embrace the wife.
Apprehend the killer and give him to the Sheriff. The player needs to agree to have his character retired, so give him a full XP refund.
Prepare an ambush.
Run! Fukken run!

>>49429365
This Anon knows what they're saying.
>>
>>49424955
>>49434616
Addendum.
Did you ask the players if they know what they have done? I mean the NPC killer, especially.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.