[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's a campaign setting where you might get killed for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: headwear.jpg (429KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
headwear.jpg
429KB, 2000x1333px
>It's a campaign setting where you might get killed for having a sword-hilt of the wrong color

How else might we integrate contemporary gang culture into our fantasy worlds? The players demand gangsta flavour.
>>
>Oriental swordsmen who run illicit opium dens
>Known to hold their blades sideways
>>
File: afro-samurai.jpg (138KB, 1598x955px) Image search: [Google]
afro-samurai.jpg
138KB, 1598x955px
>>49404842
Seems pretty easy.
>>
File: hakai.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
hakai.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49404902
Also makes me think of this
>>
>>49404842
Gangs are pretty close in nature to private societies and organizations of the past. Ritual induction, esoteric gestures and rules, sworn enemies, fighting over territory...
>>
>>49404902
>>49404866
It's well known that gangsta and Far East influences mix well, e.g.

>In the fourth month of the first year of the reign of the Hongguang Emperor came the barbarian invaders to Hubei. Their army swarmed like ants over the surface of the land, and they inflicted ten thousand injuries and indignities upon the common people. They were filled with desire, and with longing for things that were not and could never be, and they knew not the joy of emptiness and the unconscious. So they caused things to be done that should not have been done. The Wu-Tang Clan resolved to destroy the barbarian general, and remove the scourge from the land. But the barbarian general was guarded by a warrior of fierce and unnatural power, named the Golden Phoenix. So the Nine Masters of the Wu-Tang Clan trekked to the Citadel of Thunder and Lightning, where the Golden Phoenix dwelled with ten thousand soldiers, and began the ferocious attack. They fell upon the barbarians with perfected martiality, destroying the foes without mercy.

>Ri Za said, “Let us bring the raucous noise of war to the enemy!”

>Inspector of the Deck said, “The Wu-Tang Clan is not a thing to be trifled with!”

>The Nine Masters fought on. Ghost-Face Killer saw that Rui Kong was about to be attacked from behind by a host of the foe.

>Then Ghost-Face Killer said, “Rui Kong! On guard! You had better protect your neck!”

So Rui Kong turned and slew the enemy with contemptuous ease. Then he said, “Shame on a barbarian for this cowardly action!”

>During the battle the Wu-Tang Clan displayed no effort and took no conscious actions, in accordance with the Dao. Thus nothing was left undone. The Nine Masters vanquished the legion of foes, and arrived in a vast circular room, with ten thousand doors and ten thousand windows. You-God said, “This room is the Seventh Chamber. Inside we will find the Golden Phoenix.” So the Nine Masters entered.
>>
>>49404947
>Inside they found the Golden Phoenix. He stroked his mustache, and preened and strutted. Then he said, “There are nine of you, and I am but one. Which of you shall fight me honorably in chess-fighting?”

>Then the Old Dirty Bastard gave a shout, for his skill in the mysteries of chess-fighting was renowned. “My style is unbreakable! Prepare to be defeated most ignominiously,” he said.

>So the warriors sat above the chessboard, and moved the pieces to and fro. After the sand had left the glass, they engaged in honorable combat, before returning to the chess match. But the Golden Phoenix was sly and treacherous. During the clash of minds, he furtively removed a knife, and attempted a quick strike.

>The Old Dirty Bastard blocked the blow. Then he laughed. “Ha! I am the Old Dirty Bastard, alive and uncut!” Then he dealt the Golden Phoenix a mighty blow, stunning him, and the Nine Masters bound the foe and stood around him to render a final verdict.

>Master Killer said, “It is not the Wu-Tang Clan who sits in judgment of you, Golden Phoenix. We have gone forth, to the towns and villages, and have done a survey of the common people, who have decided how you shall answer for your crimes.”

>The Golden Phoenix sneered, again. “What do I care for the Han people?” So said he with contempt in his serpent’s voice.

>Then Method Man gave a shout. “And the survey says - you are dead!” So he chopped off the Golden Phoenix’s head. Thus ended the battle.
>>
File: pharaoh-chariot-merl.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pharaoh-chariot-merl.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Drive-by chariot attacks
>Attacker throws a vial of alchemist's fire before quickly riding off
>>
>>49404937
>Gangs are pretty close in nature to private societies and organizations of the past.

Contemporary ones too-in less 'civilized' parts.

e.g.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barzani_Kurds
>>
File: factiones.jpg (426KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
factiones.jpg
426KB, 600x400px
Look to history.
>In every city the population has been divided for a long time past into the Blue and the Green factions; but within comparatively recent times it has come about that, for the sake of these names and the seats which the rival factions occupy in watching the games, they spend their money and abandon their bodies to the most cruel tortures, and even do not think it unworthy to die a most shameful death. And they fight against their opponents knowning not for what end they imperil themselves, but knowing well that, even if they overcome their enemy in the fight, the conclusion of the matter for them will be to be carried off straightway to the prison, and finally, after suffering extreme torture, to be destroyed. So there grows up in them against their fellow men a hostility which has no cause, and at no time does it cease or disappear, for it gives place neither to the ties of marriage nor of relationship nor of friendship, and the case is the same even though those who differ with respect to these colours be brothers or any other kin. They care neither for things divine nor human in comparison with conquering in these struggles; and it matters not whether a sacrilege is committed by anyone at all against God, or whether the laws and the constitiution are violated by friend or by foe; nay even when they are perhaps ill supplied with the necessities of life, and when their fatherland is in the most pressing need and suffering unjustly, they pay no heed if only it is likely to go well with their 'faction'; for so they name the bands of partisans....so that I, for my part, am unable to call this anything except a disease of the soul.
- Procopius, History of the Wars (I.24.1ff)
(Who are the Blues and Greens, you ask? Chariot racing teams.)
>>
>>49405007

And then one day they teamed up:

>By the end of the day, at race 22, the partisan chants had changed from "Blue" or "Green" to a unified Nίkα ("Nika", meaning "Win!!" or "Conquer!"), and the crowds broke out and began to assault the palace.

>About thirty thousand rioters were reportedly killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nika_riots

Can we conclude that gangs are only tolerated so long as they remain divided?
>>
>>49404842

Start with the fundamental question: why are the people turning to each other for illicit protection and employment instead of the government? Why are there multiple "mutual support organizaitons" instead of one big one? Once you have those, everything else is window dressing.
>>
>Start with the fundamental question: why are the people turning to each other for illicit protection and employment instead of the government?
I don't know what part about gang culture doesn't explain that? Hint it's poor people with more crime than the local government can or will deal with. Alternatively systemic racism.
>>
>>49404928
wuxia set in new Jersey?
>>
>>49404972
>not alchemist's acid
It's like you don't even perform honour killings.
>>
>>49406440

Well, great. So why did shit get that bad? If your idea of a causal factor is "I don't know, racism or some shit" that's probably the reason your world-building sucks moose cock.
>>
>>49409077
>So why did shit get that bad?
Any society of reasonable size is going to have an underclass.
>>
File: 1436329422272.jpg (143KB, 540x644px) Image search: [Google]
1436329422272.jpg
143KB, 540x644px
>>49404866
>>49404947
>>
>>49404842
>green
>purple
[IVANOVA NOISES]
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.