[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How different from humans are the nutrients and vitamins that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: 486345212987ff10dec48a6c810dd4cc.jpg (344KB, 720x1018px) Image search: [Google]
486345212987ff10dec48a6c810dd4cc.jpg
344KB, 720x1018px
How different from humans are the nutrients and vitamins that elves, kitsune, fairies, demons, devils, yugoloths, etc. need? Fiends need to eat, drink, and sleep in 5e. Deal with it.
>>
>>49382168
Prove it.
>>
>>49382168
The answer to all is souls
>>
File: 1469669370437.jpg (115KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1469669370437.jpg
115KB, 1200x675px
Humans and elves require the same nutrients to survive, though elves that mostly live in forest enclaves are better-suited to eating wild game and foraged vegetables.

Kitsune magically subsist on a diet consisting exclusively of booze and fried tofu with sushi rice.

Fairies have exotic diets that involve arcane fey delicacies that are impossible to describe but are apparently delicious.

Demons, devils, and yugoloths are magical perpetual motion machines, and eat only for either fun (if demons) to keep up appearances with others (if devils), or just because they can (if yugoloths).
>>
Elves need a lot of vitamin D. Kitsune don't, but they'll lie to you because they think it's funny. Fairies eat pollen and tears of fat children. Evil outsiders eat politicians.
>>
Elves and Kitsune probably don't have diets that different from humans
I prefer fairies that don't actually need to eat, but are just complete gluttons whenever food is around in a way that surpasses their size
Evil outsiders I imagine mostly just eat to flaunt it to starving people or seem spooky by eating people or something, but otherwise just feed of fear or souls or some similar bullshit
>>
As much as you want to put in your setting.
>>
Dwarves are same as humans except they need more iron in their diets.
>>
>>49382168
>How different from humans are the nutrients and vitamins that elves, kitsune, fairies, demons, devils, yugoloths, etc. need?

Here's how I've always done it:

-If it physically exist it has to obey physical rules and thus it needs to eat, poop, sleep, drink, etc.

-If it ethereally exists it only needs to obey ethereal rules and that's where the soul eating, memory eating, as a source of energy can come in. Ghosts don't poop after all.
>>
>>49383754
>Ghosts don't poop after all.

Explain ectoplasm.
>>
>>49383754
>Popular Faerun children's book
>Everyone Poops [but ghosts]
>>
>>49383773
Semen.
>>
>>49383754
>angels poop in your games
that's filthy
>>
>>49382168
>Fiends need to eat, drink, and sleep in 5e. Deal with it.
So they're just nasty aliens?
>>
Don't Kitsunes, Huli Jings, Kumihos need male energy to survive since they are completely made of female energy? They are like a lighter version of succubus, except for the later.
>>
>>49383413
>Evil outsiders eat politicians.
That alone should be enough for their alignment to switch to "good" tbqh fampai.
>>
File: 1471549664708.gif (1MB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
1471549664708.gif
1MB, 250x190px
>>49382168
>Fiends need to eat, drink, and sleep in 5e. Deal with it.
Sauce, otherwise I say no they don't.
>>
>>49385713
Not really. Other politicians will make it look like an assassination in order to gain support and power and may even intentionally sacrifice each other to the demons to further their goals. Either way, everybody but the demon is losing.
>>
>>49385713
It balances out, because you are what you eat.
>>
>>49385712
I'm pretty sure that's a doujin, not a monster manual you're going by
>>
> Kumiho, cousin of Kitsune, subsist on a diet of human flesh and positive energy rich liver from young virile men
>>
>>49385739
5e Monster Manual.
>>
>>49385820

https://thesupernaturalfoxsisters.com/2016/08/09/monster-of-the-week-huli-jing/

>The most common type of malicious trick used by huli jing is to take human form for the purposes of seduction. Sexual congress is one of the ways foxes can take human essence or vitality. Stealing another’s life force can also be accomplished while remaining in fox form, as huli jing are known to take their victim’s breath as they sleep. Foxes also like to deceive humans and play the role of a trickster.
>>
>>49385712
>>49388520
When did Japanese mythology become MGE?
>>
>>49388744
Chinese.
>>
>>49388778
>tfw no Chinese-themed ERP involving qipaos and stealing male energy
>>
File: f6e3a964a2b4b990bfc08b670f9a5143.jpg (197KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f6e3a964a2b4b990bfc08b670f9a5143.jpg
197KB, 900x1200px
>>49388889
Sign me up if you're running.

Let's use Legends of the Wulin.
>>
File: 1473953753215.jpg (534KB, 1800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1473953753215.jpg
534KB, 1800x2000px
>>49385834
But will they put out before taking the liver?
>>
>>49388916
>if you're running
I'm like you I'm afraid, one of the lazy sluts known as "players".
>>
>>49382168
>Elves
Elves can survive with less protein than humans and their ideal diet is more sugar rich, specially derived from fruits. Their calorical needs is slightly smaller due to a slower metabolism that reserves energies for bursts of speed. That's why elves are both 'lazy' and considered agile.

>Kitsune
Protein rich diet, Kitsume are onivorous with a strong preference for meat. Their smaller frame means they consume less calories than human but they can go on an eating binge to gain wait before winter, where they expect to find less food. Do NOT feed them milk after they hit puberty.

>Fey
Sugar rich diets, almost no need for meat. Fey survive well on honey, fruits, milk and small doses of vegetables alone. Some will eat meat but it seldomly sits well in their stomach. Unseelie fey are obvious exception, with a taste for human meat. That is though, purely ritualistic/pleasure and not part of dietary needs. They merely grew used to it.

>Devils
Flesh only. Raw meat. They can survive on cooked meat but the blood, rich in iron, is a important part of their diet. They are a varied bunch, but this apply to most first circle demons and the more common types such as imps. Succubus can survive on semen alone, but that's still a protein rich diet.

No information on the others.
>>
>>49388963
Go do some reading on others then!
>>
>>49382168
The diet of the second one is easy as fuck to figure out. Here's what Wikipedia has to say:
Foxes are omnivores. The diet of foxes is largely made up of invertebrates such as insects, and small vertebrates such as reptiles and birds, and can include eggs and plants. Many species are generalist predators, but some (such as the crab-eating fox) have more specialized diets. Most species of fox consume around 1 kg (2.2 lb) of food every day. Foxes cache excess food, burying it for later consumption, usually under leaves, snow, or soil. Foxes tend to use a pouncing technique where they crouch down to camouflage themselves in the terrain, then using their hind legs, leap up with great force to land on top of their targeted prey. Using their pronounced canine teeth, foxes grip on to their prey's neck and either shake until the prey is dead, or until the animal can be disemboweled.
Remember, a kitsune is literally just a fox that's old. It's still a damn fox.
>>
A dwarves favorite food is a mushroom-and-swiss burger
With beer, of course
>>
>>49388936
>But will they put out before taking the liver?

Maybe if you're handsome and charismatic, they may atop eating people and bear your child.
>>
>>49391030

That just means they can be more sophisticated in their storage methods. Rather then bury them in the back yard for later consumption you have access to freezers to keep the bodies in granted some might still bury their kills because the natural decay of flesh has a certain tang to it.

I wish I still had the picture but there was art of Chen and Ran eating a dismembered human corpse which is appropriate considering people tend to over look the fact that many of Gensokyo's citizens subsist on eating humans ( and no, "eating" doesn't mean sex in this instance)
>>
File: 1451750730598.png (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451750730598.png
26KB, 500x500px
>>49382168

Strictly speaking, fairies don't have to actually eat for biological reasons: they gain their sustenance from either nature itself if they're an elemental fairy, or if you're talking about the fey proper, directly from the Feywild.

Now, WHY fairies eat is because they took an affinity towards the subject after witnessing other races partaking in the meal, and they eat stuff they think would be delicious as another form of entertainment - this has gone on for long enough that they've forgotten that they can't actually starve, and a fairy that goes on long enough without eating something will literally pretended themselves to death simulating starvation.

This is also why fairy diets can consist entirely of junk food like cakes and pastries; since they don't obtain nutrients from the food itself but merely the act of eating, what they stuff down their gullet is irrelevant compared to whether it tastes good enough for them to finish the meal.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.