[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey I'm going to a draft tonight and I always do terribly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6KB, 225x225px
Hey I'm going to a draft tonight and I always do terribly. What advice can you guys give me to help me out?
The tournament is in a few hours. I can post pics of whether or not your advice made me successful. So..want to help me out?
>>
Bump. I'm an op promising to deliver. Please
>>
>>49378760

removal should be prioritized over big fancy creatures in many instances. do not just take the rare, look at he pack, it is not uncommon to get an UC better than your rare for draft purposes.
>>
>>49378760
First, I don't really care about pictures and stuff, that's kind of irrelevant.

Second, I can help you out.

Build your deck based on the cards you're given, rather than going for a particular set up. Know the format you're drafting, the power cards, and the counters to the power cards. Skip battletricks unless they're particularly powerful, and, unless something is amazing based on the previous criteria, the hierarchy is:

>1) Creatures
>2) Removal
>3) Card Draw/Ramp
>4) Everything else

Now, in general, flying is awesome in draft. There are lots of cards that have flying that tend to last, and it might just destroy a person's entire strategy.

That being said, you can have bad luck. Everyone can and it sucks. Just try your best and have fun.
>>
>>49379154
Oh, one last piece of advice, build on a low curve.

If you don't know what a curve is, it means having a distribution of cards that allows you to play something once per turn. Faster decks tend to do better than slower decks because slower decks are reliant on stupid shit to get their powerful cards.
>>
>>49379186
>>49379154
>>49379099
Thank you.
What cards should I look for? It's the most recent set
>>
BREAD

>Bombs
>Removal
>Efficiency
>Aggro
>Dregs
>>
>>49378760
Easy way to not suck at drafts: BREAD!

Bombs
Removal
Evasion
Aggro
Duds

That's your priority list for picking cards.
>>
>>49379186
Unless you are playing Conspiracy (and thus multiplayer).
Then you want to run midrange cards, since the game is likely to drag on for significantly longer.
>>
What about mana balance?
>>
You're not gonna get good at drafting in one hour.

Read Reid Duke's "level one" article column though, it'll make you improve.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/level-one/level-one-full-course-2015-10-05
>>
>>49378760
In addition to BREAD know your archetypes. A deck with good synergy tends to beat a pile of good cards. In SOI EMN for instance the WG Humans weenie strategy is probably one of the best followed by UG Investigate/Emerge and RB Aggro.
>>
>>49378760
Biggest advice I can give you is to not take advice from /tg/. Second advice? Watch draft videos.
>>
>>49378760
Best advice: play real Magic, not a shitty excuse of game to sell packs of bad cards
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.