[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>players travel 1,000 years into the future >all the technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: 1442495118722.jpg (15KB, 128x175px) Image search: [Google]
1442495118722.jpg
15KB, 128x175px
>players travel 1,000 years into the future
>all the technology is exactly the same
>>
Get over it faggot.
>>
>>49377675
>exactly the same
Ooooh boy. You do know that it might imply on something big in the background(other than huge lack of ability to imagine future tech by the DM). For example the world might have a vault of sorts that automatically pops open when the surface becomes uninhabited and uses robots to rebuild everything from scratch including biosphere and cities up to a certain point in time and then creates humans via clone vats of sorts and implants them fake memories to keep history seem intact. It might be a main plot point but who am i kidding.
>>
File: Big_o.jpg (47KB, 260x379px) Image search: [Google]
Big_o.jpg
47KB, 260x379px
>>49378134
Tomatoes.
>>
>because turns out, we already "cleared the techtree" so to speak and no new groundbreaking discoveries can be made due to inherent physical limitations

This is what I actually belive. Sure we might get some neat stuff like a cure for parkinson's disease, commercial lunar habitats and paper thin cellphones, but no strong AI, no immortality treatment, no alcubierre drive, no feasible fusion powerplants, not even a knowledge of what dark matter actually is.
>>
>>49377675
It's harder for the modern man to imagine how tech will look in 3016 than it was for a guy living in 1016 AD to imagine current tech. Unless you're a genius writer and scientist, you'll be completely off the mark.

If you're using a futuristic setting, it'susually because it fits the story. Tech should also be introduced as to benefit the story. Advanced tech isn't necessary.
Example: Star Wars, Tschai (most books by Vance, really)

There's a reason why sci-fi usually revolves about the introduction of only a handful of new technologies.
>>
File: missed opportunities.webm (973KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
missed opportunities.webm
973KB, 1920x816px
>they didn't really travel 1000 years into the future, they traveled a few weeks. Someone is fucking with them. But why? But who? Can the PCs figure it out before they accomplish the BBEGs very evil goal?
>>
>>49378491
I wonder how many times in the past this was thought
>>
>>49379991
A lot probably, we today would still think like humans twenty thousand years ago. The difference is that the technology changes.
>>
File: trlOPJq.png (367KB, 431x512px) Image search: [Google]
trlOPJq.png
367KB, 431x512px
>>49377675
>they appear in space and die
>>
>>49377675
>the world is held in time stasis for a thousand years
>Everything is exactly the same
>>
>>49377675
>their original era is currently a big fad, and they're in a historically inaccurate festival.
>>
File: battlefield-2142.jpg (616KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
battlefield-2142.jpg
616KB, 1920x1080px
>all the technology is exactly the same

Sure, you miss out on the exciting ice age, death, and rebirth of civilization between then and there, but now it turns out New York isn't seaside property anymore.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.