[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone play LOTRSBG anymore? How long do you think it has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: lotrsbg.jpg (233KB, 1216x543px) Image search: [Google]
lotrsbg.jpg
233KB, 1216x543px
Does anyone play LOTRSBG anymore? How long do you think it has left before GW officially kills it off and stops selling models? They already stopped selling most of the books.
Pic related is my small collection I got just to build and paint.
>>
>>49377287

It was the first game I got into. I still have a lot of the models, including a solid Uruk-hai army from the two towers days. it was a very solid game. Yeah, it's sad that they're probably going to go away soon, but it was bound to happen.

The hobbit models look terrible.
>>
>>49377491
also

haven't played in years, I often use the models for pathfinder.
>>
>>49377287
it's not going anywhere. It's with forge world now with Iron Hill dwarves, Dain a new supplement and old models getting re-releases happening at this very moment.
>>
Actually got a game planned tomorrow !

My opponents bringing 1000pt of Gondor Boromir Gandalf bullshit
I'll play unfair full counter nocavalry Morgul to be my usual self

Seneshal
Gothmog
10 mordor orcs w/spears
Orc drum
2 morgul stalkers
2 spectres
3 trolls
Fill the rest with black numenoreans on foot

Hope he respects the 33% bows rule or I'm arch-fucked
>>
>>49378500
If he's got knights or swan knights you are beyond boned. where's your wraith to counter Gandalf's magic?
>>
Which Fellowship set is your favourite?
>>
>>49377491
I heard good things about the ruleset, but it seemed GW tried to sweep the game back under the carpet even while the LotR thing was still ongoing?
>>
>>49378762
more that it overtook both fantasy and 40k at it's peak. and everyone knows how GW is with competition. even in it's own company. it's in a good place with forge world now. small, but dedicated team that love the setting and the game.
>>
>>49377893
I've been hearing that for years and yet to see any actual announcements
>>
>>49378893
seriously? google it. there's pictures of the stuff they're working on and interviews with Adam Troke, head of the team. hell, the source books and models have been back in production on GW's site for the last three or so months. the pictures have been posted on /tg/ for fuck's sake.
>>
>>49378794
Noice :3
>>
>>49377287
I love the game and I have tonnes of minis for it. But I feel I'm in hte same boat as many others here; with no-one to play against.
>>
>>49378893
>>49378932
There was a post on Bell of Lost Souls where the guy actually asks the head guy about it and they're talking about releasing a new book called There and Back again which will cover the other two movies, and that they're going to expand the terrain sets and factions.

I'm honestly hoping that it makes a comeback, and a good one at that. It was a lovely set of rules, and has a good setting and sculpts behind it.
>>
Supposedly after a little bit longer being called the hobbit, they're gonna rebrand it Middle Earth Strategy battle game. Dunno how true that is, but it has a thread dedicated to it over on dakkaforums.
>>
just so people know, there's actually a doubles tournament going on at Warhammer world today.
>>
oh and just a side note, they've started doing bundles on GW's website. The ruins of osgiliath (which are normally £18 each) are being bundled as 3 for £40 now.
>>
Never got into the game, but the models are delicious.
>>
I bought the models and converted them because fucking nobody I know plays.
>>
File: 1458464653079.jpg (148KB, 1600x740px) Image search: [Google]
1458464653079.jpg
148KB, 1600x740px
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.