[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Here's my character, DM, he's a half-drow, you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Ow.jpg (116KB, 665x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ow.jpg
116KB, 665x800px
> Here's my character, DM, he's a half-drow, you see. He was also possessed by a demon since his childhood, and religious racists hated and feared him! When they killed his girlfriend and tortured him, he transformed into a demon and kill them all! He is now a lone wolf traveling around the world, and he also uses his chains as weapons.

What do, /tg/?
>>
>>49374604
Tell him no.

Why is this so hard for you people?
>>
>>49374604
Okay, how are you planning on representing the demon mechanically, or do you want me to come up with something?
>>
Font blue a cuck, man up and tell him to make something else
>>
>Excellent. Our campaign is a series of Tea Parties in which stuffy, vaguely British people will mock the party low-key with dry wit, and there will be cutesy things happening in between politics. Your character is perfect for this.
>>
Are fleas common in the Underdark?
>>
"I'm going to be honest with you, if you use this character the party is going to mock you endlessly. You might want to lighten up a little. Besides, if your character is a lone wolf why would he be traveling with the party? Roleplaying is a social game, you should be ready to be social. "
>>
It's a bit too much but I think I can work with this.
But you still start from level 1 and you can expect a big deal of hardships. Half-drow demon guy? Geez, man.
Don't play stupid, I will give you some minor bonuses but acting like a prick can kill you fast.
Is that fine? Oh and please don't put the "antisocial lone wolf" act with other party members. You're in this together, after all.
Like usual, work with some one to establish a common backstory point. A friendly one, mind.
Greg is playing another healer, maybe he saved your life once, despite you looking like that?

Anyway, next person, what do you have- no, no Kenders, this is not a meme response
>>
>>49374627>>49374604
On the theory that you haven't come up with something, here's what's gonna happen. 5th Edition rules.

- You have the Barbarian Rage feature and everything it entails. Ignore the part about heavy armor, however. The Rage also lasts for the full minute, rather than ending if you haven't attacked/been dealt damage. You can voluntarily enter a Rage 1/long rest, plus an additional time per long rest at 5th, 10th, and 15th levels.

- At the start of each combat, roll a Charisma saving throw (DC 10 + your character level. Yes, this scales much faster than your saves do). On a failure, you enter Rage whether or not you want to.

- Every time you enter Rage (voluntarily or not), I will openly roll a d%. On a result of 10 + 1/2 your character level rounded down (so, for example, 15 at level 10) or less, I control your character for the duration of your Rage, not you. I will most likely drive you to attack anything nearby, friend or enemy. This represents the demon taking control of you.

- Each time the demon takes control of you, you gain 1 Demon Point. When you have a number of Demon Points equal to your Charisma score, the Demon is freed. You die (no save) and the demon will go on a rampage or something.

- Note that as you grow in power (e.g., gain levels) it becomes both harder to resist the demon and more likely that the demon will take over. Thus is the curse of the Demon.

- Note that it is in your best interests to both avoid combat and pump your Charisma as high as possible, while also investing heavily in skills like Persuasion and Insight, so as to help you avoid combat.

- There is a way to exorcise the Demon somewhere in the world. I suggest you start looking for it.
>>
File: 1467992231060.jpg (46KB, 568x479px) Image search: [Google]
1467992231060.jpg
46KB, 568x479px
>>49374812
I'd play in your games
>>
>>49374865
This is based on the theory of "who WANTS a demon inside of them, if they have the opportunity to remove it?"

Even Naruto never particularly liked the Nine-Tails and probably would have had it removed from him if it a) wouldn't have killed him and b) wouldn't have resulted in anyone else having to get hurt in the process.
>>
>>49374812
Nice! Attaching game mechanics to backstory is a good idea, it encourages the players fleshing out their characters in hope of bennies.
>>
>>49374604
fighting with you chains is a powerful symbol i give him that!
the rest i doable for mid level characters. around 10 or something. Maybe cut out the demon. Getting your girlfriend killed i hard enough, more so if you have been in a cult. maybe put a bit more focus on this? Th loss of the one person who loved you??
>>
>>49374898
The hidden gem is that while it's in the character's best interest to pump Charisma, it's also still in his interest to pump his Strength and Constitution, particularly the latter. Sooner or later he WILL come under the demon's control, and when he does he's gonna what the hit points to survive mindlessly attacking things and the resultant incoming attacks from people defending themselves.

It also gives a good reason for why even a loner recluse might be working with people even though he's a threat to them: he needs help looking for the way to exorcise the demon.
>>
>>49374604
"Alrighty, since you are demon possessed and have become a full demon you are no longer a PC and have technically died before the game. Now roll a new character or get the fuck out with your bullshit.
>>
>>49374604
That sounds too powerful for the level we'll start, 3rd, tone it down, thanks.
>>
>>49374946
Frankly the loner recluse is the only part that worries me, anything else can be handled just fine. Lone wolves might work in works of fiction but not in a communal pastime like tabletop rpgs.
>>
>>49374604
So a Fiend Warlock Half-drow? ok.
>>
>>49374692

This, really.

One of the cardinal rules of tabletop gaming is to never, ever take your characters or yourself too seriously.

You'll have more fun if you go with the flow.
>>
If I wasn't on a phone I'd post sephiroth Goku the stampede right now
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.