[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning a Halloween adventure, and I want to try doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: CestreeHentai.png (48KB, 638x825px) Image search: [Google]
CestreeHentai.png
48KB, 638x825px
I'm planning a Halloween adventure, and I want to try doing it entirely in the dark.

What options do I have for random number generation? Give each player a flashlight and a blanket to roll dice under?
>>
>>49362540
Well there's always candle light if you give up, but aside from some sort of very noisy to move token players have to put in a noisy bucket or some other sort of currency based system that was made with a lack of sight in mind I think you might be kind of SOL
>>
>>49362540

Play 10 candles
>>
>>49362673
That sounds pretty depressing though.

Like super seriously depressing.
>>
Candles

Cellphone light

Dim light

Diceroller apps
>>
Glow in the dark dice.
>>
Stack of cards, in different shapes (Squares stars, and circles).

Every time you take an action, draw 2 cards from the top. Circle is bad, square is neutral, Star is good. Gives you a range of -2 to +2, with a soft curve.

Once you go through your stack, you shuffle it and start from the top.
>>
Is there anything game-theme-appropriate to use as a light source? Like, if you're playing modern teenagers, I'd use a cell phone light.

Perhaps consider making the use of the light a plot point too. Using light (to roll the dice) draws the attention of Something. In theory, it should make each roll of the dice more filled with tension and compel players to roll less, keeping everyone in the dark for longer. (The idea obviously wouldn't work with some systems, which require rolls for so much as breathing.)
>>
>>49368325
>Using light (to roll the dice) draws the attention of Something.

That's a cool idea, except-

>compel players to roll less

That's essentially the equivalent of saying "discourage players from doing things," which makes for a dull game.
>>
>>49362540
You don't need random number generation, OP.

Play Dread, and use a Jenga tower!
>>
>>49368958
It depends on the game on whether this will work. I'm thinking of it from the perspective of Dread, which works under similar principles.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.