[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend tried to get me into Magic, but the cards are absurdly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 1451110340857.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1451110340857.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
A friend tried to get me into Magic, but the cards are absurdly overpriced. It's impossible to make a playable deck without dropping an upward of $100 on mana and other card dependencies.

For instance, I bought a random assortment of cards from eBay and there were a few copies of Bayou Dragonfly. The land that it needs (a Bayou) goes for $60+! $60 just to play such a weak card.

I bought a few booster packs from Walmart hoping they might have some of the dependencies I'd need, but they didn't. What's the logic in printing maybe a few hundred instances of mana cards when cards like Bayou Dragonfly are so common?
>>
>>49362389
>It's impossible to make a playable deck without dropping an upward of $100
what format were you playing?

>The land that it needs (a Bayou) goes for $60+! $60 just to play such a weak card.
are you sure you know how the game works?
>>
File: card games.png (38KB, 144x215px) Image search: [Google]
card games.png
38KB, 144x215px
>>49362389
>The land that it needs (a Bayou)
I don't follow. You seem to think that you need a Bayou to play the card in the OP image, but it clearly requires only 1 green and 1 any mana, which can be produced by a Forest and any other land.

Are you just pretending to be ignorant, or do you legitimately not know how to play?
>>
>>49362389
Not a magic player, but I would just make proxy cards at that point.
>>
File: 1471839439599.png (489KB, 656x425px) Image search: [Google]
1471839439599.png
489KB, 656x425px
>>49362389
You are a retard
Kill yourself
>>
>>49362389

Nigga buy the cheapest 80% of the cards of the deck for 30 bucks. If its a playgroup, proxy the rest and fuck dropping coin. They know you're new and should cut you slack.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 231x218px
>>49362389
>The land that it needs (a Bayou) goes for $60+! $60 just to play such a weak card.

I-is that the punchline OP?
>>
>>49362818

This. You can pick up most decks on the cheap, with format staples costing the cheddar.

If your mtg store is worthwhile, they'll have good shit to buy as singles. Learn to git gud at draft to build up store credit to buy the singles you need. If they don't have singles, go with sleeves, playmats and other assorted supplies that you need.

Also, save your chase rares that you draft to sell off or trade. MTG is a game more about jewing than anything else
>>
>>49363114
Yes.

/tg/ is too autistic to realize this.
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 522x697px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 522x697px
>>49362389
>For instance, I bought a random assortment of cards from eBay and there were a few copies of Bayou Dragonfly. The land that it needs (a Bayou) goes for $60+! $60 just to play such a weak card.
Funniest thing I've read this week. Thanks for the laugh.
>>
File: highqualitybait.jpg (78KB, 861x564px) Image search: [Google]
highqualitybait.jpg
78KB, 861x564px
>>49362389
Excellent trolling.
>>
That's the problem with dragonflies in general, too damn expensive.

You gotta do something cheap like kobolds.
>>
>>49362389
Bayou is worth more than $60 by a lot

Magic is a hobby not a simple game you can pick up for a few hours and then forget about. If you want to get into it play cheaper formats, you can buy a pre constructed edh deck for $40. Start from there and work your way up. Worst case scenario, just play edh and modify your deck as you go.
>>
>>49362389
Magnificent bait. Stunning, really
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.