[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

two and a half hours until I DM city of the spider queen. we're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1473756116885.png (165KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1473756116885.png
165KB, 303x311px
two and a half hours until I DM city of the spider queen. we're on the 6th session, and so far they haven't even made it to the underdark much less szith morcane.

they just defeated the giant statue of jergal....

how should I speed things up?

(also I need about six encounters.... if /tg/ can help me with some ideas for underdark encounters, I'd appreciate it)
>>
Encounter 1 : duergar slaving party

encounter 2 : illithid (that the duergar were going to deliver slaves to)

encounter 3 : aboleth

encounter 4 : more mind flayers

encounter 5 : big ol' spider

encounter 6 : half dragon drow

how does this look, /tg/?
>>
>>49362125
That's pretty good.
Does the big 'ol spider have little spider minions?
>>
>>49362175
I wanted to make it huge sized because it is king spider and ate all of its lil' spider minions

so like.... a fiendish infernal dire spider of huge size surrounded by corpses that are all spun up in it's web.
>>
also, the party consists of

a half elf monk
a drow cleric
a half orc barbarian
a human warlock
a human ranger
a half elf druid
and a human monk

they're all level 10, except the ranger who's level 12.
>>
>>49362253
>Party of 7
You're going to need more spiders.
>>
>>49362299
okay

how about the spider is the pet of a female half ice giant half drow turned into a drider

the duergar have 22 SR each and are all wearing adamantine breastplates

the illithid are each level 12 wizards

the aboleth is a level 15 wizard

and the half dragon drow has 35 AC somehow
>>
>>49362347
I don't know the math for stacked templates in my head, but the important part is that one dude is always going to get swarmed and overwhelmed by a party of 7 due to sheer action economy difference. The best thing a powerful person can do against a lot of weak enemies is get rid of as many of them as possible, from the one hurting them the most and going down from there.
>>
>>49362388
so should I just throw in a lot of weak mobs so that they're like "shit we gotta deal with these guys too" so they can't just swarm the big dudes?

I think I'll throw in 3 wights guarding the aboleth's pool, 8 zombos by the drider, and the illithid will have a couple of minotaur bodyguards.
>>
>>49362440
Not too terribly many, but there's a reason villains almost always have minions- it's someone that can watch their back or do their chores or risk their neck so the master doesn't have to.
I'd say that sounds about right.
>>
File: comic_lotr42.jpg (104KB, 600x761px) Image search: [Google]
comic_lotr42.jpg
104KB, 600x761px
>>49362084
>>game sessions have to have 6 encounters of non-plot relevant things every day and it takes a month to get anywhere

that's why people keep quitting your game, tolkein
>>
>>49362500
gotcha. I'll throw in an insane subjugated necromancer that worships the aboleth as a deity that will try to lure the party members to be sacrificed or something.
>>
>>49362501
I've only had two people quit the rest have been here every session

but I see your point.
>>
Wants to speed things up, designs 6 large battles for next session. Id just pick your favorite three in case they manage to skip one. Have them ideally only take two of them and get them to the next plot hook
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.