[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BULL SHIT NO WAY A FUCKING WIZARD COULD KILL A DEMOGORGON WITH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 18

BULL
SHIT

NO WAY A FUCKING WIZARD COULD KILL A DEMOGORGON WITH A SINGLE FIREBALL
>>
>>49332889
Except when a little kid who probably can't understand the rules is at the helm.
>>
it's a show for millenials
>>
>>49332889
>"a demogorgon"

Demogorgon is a proper noun - a name.
>>
>>49332889
>A DEMOGORGON
>Not, THE DEMOGORGON

Nooblet identified.
>>
>>49332889
The kid was trying to cheer up his friend who was abducted by a monster, chill
>>
>>49332916
You're a millennial, anon.

Unless you're underage and should be banned, or over 30, in which case why haven't you an hero'd for browsing 4chan over the age of 30?
>>
>>49332943
>>49332952
It's a meta reference outside of the games intrinsic universe, "a Demogorgon" is just as proper of a way to refer to it because it's not referencing any specific edition, but all editions, thus all versions of "the" Demogorgon.

Lern2English
>>
>>49332916
1982 to 2002 = millennial.
>>
>>49333000
So are you saying your retarded ass says "A Orcus" rather than "The Orcus"?

It's a proper noun. Edition doesn't come into it.
>>
>>49332889
In AD&D, a fireball could do 120 points of damage at 20d6.

So, yes, it's entirely possible.
>>
>>49333026
>The Orcus
>The Obama
>The Trump
>The Hitler
>The Freddie Mercury
>>
>>49332916
What show is this?
>>
>>49333058
I'm pretty sure Demogorgon is a prince of hell, not just one of those bastardized dnd monsters
>>
>>49333061
>An Orcus
>An Obama
>A Trump
>A Hitler
>A Freddie Mercury
>>
>>49333026
No one would argue for "a Orcus", it would be "An Orcus".
And what if youre referring to the multiverse at large?
>>
>>49333026
No, you retard, because it would become "AN Orcus"

You don't use "a" before words that start with a vowel sound, dipshit.
>>
>>49333103
I was point out that "An" and "The" are unnecessary since the person in question is a singular, unique individual.
>>
>>49333090
Lolth, the demon queen of spiders, has 66 hitpoints and is a lesser goddess.
>>
>>49333000

Did they have multiple editions out by the time the show takes place?
>>
File: hank-venture-picture.png.jpg (15KB, 309x464px) Image search: [Google]
hank-venture-picture.png.jpg
15KB, 309x464px
"Wow, a Hitler!"
>>
>>49333103
>An Obama

All of those would fit in some context or another when dealing with multiples. The reason they aren't is because there is only a singular Obama. There's multiple Demogorgon's within the context of the meta game.
>>
>>49333134
Nope. 2nd used the same basic rules as 1st.
>>
>>49332889
Heh, for shits and giggles I once made a 3.5 epic wizard that was level 50 or something and took feats to get to the point where I could Energy Admixture all the damage types onto an Intensified Delayed Blast Fire Ball. If I recall correctly it would have done several thousands points of damage.
>>
>>49332889
That show, what a massive disapointment. Maybe it could had been a good 2-3 hours movie. 8 episode for the generic as fuck "horror-mystery-supernatural" show.
>>
File: demo1e[1].jpg (22KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
demo1e[1].jpg
22KB, 320x238px
>>49333058
>>49333129
>>
>>49333147

So wouldn't that mean that by this point there is only one reference point for Demogorgon meaning that "a Demogorgon" would still not make sense within the context of the world?
>>
>>49333176

200 health is more that 120. That wizard has some 'splainin to do
>>
>>49333082
Stranger Things
>>
>>49333147
>>49333185
Technically, but there were multiple editions out. the 1974 version and then the two separate AD&D editions, which they made a point to specify which by making AD&D called AD&D 2nd Edition.

This is some really bad bait.
>>
>>49332916
It's a cheesy, at times horribly written nostalgiafest highlighting the worst tropes of the 80's. It's still the most fun show I've watched in a while.
>>
>>49333205
And Holmes, Mentzer, and Moldvay Basics.
>>
>>49333206
>at times horribly written
>cheesy

Nice contrarianism.

It's better written than the majority of shows I've seen the past decade or so.
>>
>>49333124
>>49333119
>>49333117

If you were referring to a single individual, you'd either just use their name:

>Oh look! It's Demogorgon
>Hey there Orcus
>What's up, Freddy Mercury?

And at best you might use 'The' when when you think the name might be more like a title, or you want it to carry some weight.

>Oh shit, it's The Demogorgon
>We worship The Orcus
>The one, the only, it's THE FREDDY MERCURY

Using 'a/n' is weaksauce and would only be used if you are specifically referring to one of multiple.

>NO WAY A FUCKING WIZARD COULD KILL A DEMOGORGON WITH A SINGLE FIREBALL
>Relax, it's just an Orcus
>Are you a Freddy Mercury fan, or a Prince fan?

The argument that >>49333000
is just retarded. Demorgorgon is a name. So OP should have said:

>NO WAY A FUCKING WIZARD COULD KILL DEMOGORGON WITH A SINGLE FIREBALL

When in doubt, replace it with Batman. If it still makes sense and sounds like you're referencing the DC character and not a race of winged batpeople, you're good.

>NO WAY A FUCKING WIZARD COULD KILL A BATMAN WITH A SINGLE FIREBALL
>NO WAY A FUCKING WIZARD COULD KILL THE BATMAN WITH A SINGLE FIREBALL
>NO WAY A FUCKING WIZARD COULD KILL BATMAN WITH A SINGLE FIREBALL

See how one of those examples seems silly?
>>
File: Batman.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Batman.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
>>49332889

Yeah, that occurred to me. But someone recently taught me a better* way to handle plotholes and such. Instead of thinking "the show is wrong and I can't enjoy it now," think "this happened on the show, are there any ways to interpret it that make sense?"

For example: the kids had spent hours in the basement hunting Demogorgon. The first time they found it, they injured it but had to retreat. The second time, they forced the fiend to retreat instead. They push deeper into the lair, and it ambushes the wizard! He has a choice to make: play it safe, or try to finish the beast off with one final attack?

*this method makes you less irritating to be around.
>>
>>49333240
>It's better written than the majority of shows I've seen the past decade or so.

A show can still be terrible if all you watch is shit.
>>
>>49333249
>Are you a Freddy Mercury fan, or a Prince fan?

You realize that makes complete sense, right?
>>
>>49333249
You MIGHT be right, but how much prep time does The Bat have for his fireball spell? This is crucial, need to know information.
>>
>>49333292
That's why he said it made sense.
>>
>>49333240
>contrarianism
I called it fun, tripfag. It's not the pinnacle of writing or original, and if you claim it's either there's nothing to argue about.
>>
>>49333339
Wait, then what was the point of his post if he was just proving the point that it's fine?
>>
>>49333343
>It's not the pinnacle of writing or original

Neither is The Soprano's, doesn't mean it's not well written.
>>
>>49333375
>Wait, then what was the point of his post if he was just proving the point that it's fine?

He was pointing out that you use 'A' for multiple.

There is only one Demogorgon.

The argument that 'but there are multiple editions, so using a Demogorgon is fine!' is bullshit because in each edition there would still only be one Demorgorgon - at least any edition relevant to this discussion.

Since OP is making a rules complaint, he has to be referring to a single edition - as it would be retarded to complain that the rules work differently in different editions.

So 'A' Demogorgon is just as wrong as using 'A' Batman, 'A' Jesus Christ, 'A' Freddy Mercury.

The example he used was 'A' Freddy Mercury Fan. As in - one of many. Not 'A' Freddy Mercury.
>>
>>49333264
>*this method makes you less irritating to be around.

>being so full of yourself that you don't realize it's a thinly veiled /tv/ thread on /tg/

Not being pretentious is also a metho that makes you less irritating to be around ;)
>>
>>49333445
There is only one Demogorgon.

Only in the context of the in-universe game.

Even in the show they refer to it as THE Demogorgon, demonstrating that it was merely a creature with a title.

So if you want to keep going after technicalities, then fine, I will.
>>
>>49333202
Was he the only attack made on the Demogorgon, or the only attack seen?

Also: is that a Ral Partha Demogorgon?
>>
>>49333445
>Since OP is making a rules complaint, he has to be referring to a single edition - as it would be retarded to complain that the rules work differently in different editions.

Are you implying that there is some official edition out there that would result in a single fireball killing "A" Demogorgon?
>>
>>49333292
Except "Freddie Mercury" and "Prince" are adjectives describing "fan" in that sentence, so it's completely irrelevant to the point they were haphazardly trying to make.
>>
>>49333450
Says the namefag.
>>
>>49333492
>what is a common noun
>>
File: summon a demon.png (190KB, 1022x800px) Image search: [Google]
summon a demon.png
190KB, 1022x800px
>>49333488
>>49333489

We don't know whether the kids had previously encountered and wounded the Demogorgon. Since A) they knew what it was as soon as the DM described the noise, and B) a single fireball could finish it off, it's not much of a stretch to assume they'd already encountered it and done some damage.

So, no, probably not one fireball's worth of HP total, just one fireball's worth of HP remaining. Making "do I defend, or do I go hard and try to end this?" an actual tactical choice.
>>
>>49333467
>Even in the show they refer to it as THE Demogorgon, demonstrating that it was merely a creature with a title.

Yeah, like 'THE' Freddy Mercury, or 'THE' Jesus Christ.

Can you think of a sentence where you would use 'A' to refer to a single person by their name?

>Well if it isn't A Michael Macke.

That shit just doesn't work.

Using 'THE' on a singular is fine, kiddo. Learn you some grammar.

>>49333515
He ain't a namefag. That right there is a tripfag. Even worse.
>>
what show is this?
>>
>>49333561
>Can you think of a sentence where you would use 'A' to refer to a single person by their name

Yes, like when it's in the context of a meta-analysis, where all names are insignificant in terms of their overall attributes.

>Using 'THE' on a singular is fine, kiddo. Learn you some grammar.

Take your own advice, kiddy.

>>49333339
Except I wasn't trying to impress or seem significant. Quit reaching you pretentious, loser, shitlord, and get a fucking girl friend, jesus.
>>
>>49333582
Stranger Things on Netflix. It's worth the subscription.
>>
>>49333489
You could kill anything with one hit if it only had one hit left.

Or are you of the mind that the kids know each other and the monster manual so well that they can figure out that the attacking monster was Demogorgon based solely on the GMs description?
>>
>>49333205

Ahh, cool so there is a precedence within the setting for there to be multiple Demogorgons
>>
>>49333639
>Yes, like when it's in the context of a meta-analysis, where all names are insignificant in terms of their overall attributes.

Can you give an example that makes sense? And don't do the retarded trollshit I know you're going to think of and just copy-paste the demogorgon shit from above.

Think before you troll. The best trolls are the ones people don't think are trolls.
>>
>>49333488

It can be assumed his was the only attack since the kids are freaking out about the "one fireball" killing Demogorgon.
>>
>>49333683
>can you think of any example?

>And don't do the retarded trollshit I know you're going to think of and just copy-paste the demogorgon shit from above

>AKA; except for the example that out-right destroys all of my credibility

Kek, using ad hominem doesn't make you right.

My example is OP.

Fuck off.
>>
>>49333670
>Ahh, cool so there is a precedence within the setting for there to be multiple Demogorgons

No?

That's like saying there is precedence for multiple Jesus' based on source material.

There can be multiple articles that reference the same individual - but that doesn't change the fact they are referring to a single person or creature.

---

Actually, y'all are retarded in this thread.

Do the kids in the show ever refer to it as a Demogorgon, or just THE Demogorgon?
>>
>>49333670
No. 1e and 2e have the same Demogorgon, and OD&D doesn't have him at all.
>>
>>49333670
Why not? Are you a writer for the show? Can you provide concrete proof that the kids didn't allow multiverses in their setting?
>>
>>49333703

Can you think of a single example that is not the argument itself as a demonstration?

Using the example that the argument is about is circular logic, trollfag. You wouldn't have been so dumb as to use circular logic, would you?
>>
>>49333744
>>49333670

Either you're samefagging, or you fail at reading comprehension.
>>
>>49333744
>Ahh, cool so there is a precedence within the setting for there to be multiple Demogorgons
>Why not? Are you a writer for the show? Can you provide concrete proof that the kids didn't allow multiverses in their setting

How do those two posts follow on from each other?
>>
>>49333744
>Why not? Are you a writer for the show? Can you provide concrete proof that the kids didn't allow multiverses in their setting?

Did you think the guy said there ISN'T a precedence or what, trollfag?
>>
>>49333391
Thanks for reminding me that there's no reason to reply to tripfags.
>>
>>49333728
>Do the kids in the show ever refer to it as a Demogorgon, or just THE Demogorgon?
They refer to it as
>a Demogorgon
repeatedly. The show, or at least the characters, got it wrong. I don't know why people are even arguing this.
>>
>>49333747
>circular logic

Well aside from it not actually being a circular argument, you're asking for a specific example from the belief of your own interpretation of the argument, while I have a completely different interpretation.

But fine.

>Does anyone in here know a Jonathan?
>Yea, I know a Jonathan

There, your argument is over.

>trollfag.

Hurhur, good one. Really made me think.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (70KB, 693x278px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
70KB, 693x278px
>>49333639
>Except I wasn't trying to impress or seem significant. Quit reaching you pretentious, loser, shitlord, and get a fucking girl friend, jesus.

lol wut

Tripfags, everybody
>>
>>49333916
Stop replying to that autism.
>>
>>49333916
Wrong person.

>>49333515
Meant this /r9k/-tier wizard.
>>
>>49333176
>magic resistance 95%
>NINETY FUCKING FIVE PERCENTILE

there's no way a fireball 1shot it
>>
>>49333899
>>Does anyone in here know a Jonathan?
>>Yea, I know a Jonathan

Except both those instances require multiple iterations of 'Jonathan' and as has previously been established, there is only one Demogorgon.

Here - use 'Jesus Christ' as your example, in the context of a name.

>Does anyone here know a Jesus Christ?
>Yea, I know a Jesus Christ.

See how that seems silly, given the context that there is only one Jesus Christ? That dialogue should have gone:

>Does anyone here know Jesus Christ?
>Yea, I know Jesus Christ.

Unless you think that because multiple editions have the same character in it means that there are multiple versions of that character, rather than multiple iterations of the same individual character.

For example - The Hulk. There are many different versions of The Hulk. Some are Bruce Banner. Some are not. But generally speaking, there is only ever one specific Hulk in the material covered.

>Does anyone in here know a Hulk?
>Yea, I know a Hulk

Is somewhat silly, in the context of The Hulk. Arguably less so if you include Hulk Hogan, but that's out of the remit of this discussion.

>Does anyone in here know the Hulk?
>Yea, I know the Hulk

Or even

>Does anyone in here know Hulk?
>Yea, I know Hulk

Your argument hinges on the logic that because there are multiple accounts of an individual character, that makes it the same as having multiples of that character in a conversation about a single one.

When clearly the kids in the show are only ever referring to the single Demogorgon of their game/edition/campaign.

Enjoy your (You). And try harder to troll next time. You get better results when it's not so obvious. Unless you're just the OP who wanted to defend their shitty grammar.

Oh, also -

>Does anyone in here know an OP?
>Yea, I know an OP

Rather than, in the context of discussing a single thread:

>Does anyone in here know the OP?
>Yea, I know the OP. He's a faggot.
>>
>>49334019
>Except both those instances require multiple iterations of 'Jonathan' and as has previously been established

>and as has previously been established, there is only one Demogorgon.

No it hasn't

You've "deduced" that there "should" only be one Demogorgon, but it has not been established.

This post is autism incarnate.
>>
>>49333960
>Wrong person.
>Screencap with the same name and tripcode.

Pure Autism: The Post.
>>
>>49334062
>somehow misinterprets my plainly obvious post where I stated I replied to the wrong person and meant the other one

Are you a fucking tard?
>>
>>49334041
>You've "deduced" that there "should" only be one Demogorgon, but it has not been established.

>>49333176
>No. Appearing
>1
>Same edition that explains it's one creature.
>Posted by the same tripfag.

>Ladies and gentlemen, the award for greatest autist goes to....
>>
>>49333989
MR in AD&D is a defensive roll, not an effect multiplier.

You also add 5% for every level the caster is under 11th, and subtract 5% for every level over, so if the wizard was 10th or lower Demogorgon is completely immune.
>>
>>49333321

At least three seconds if he wasn't expecting Demogorgon. But he appears to have encountered it before and may be anticipating an attack.
>>
Mods please have mercy on this living abortion if a thread and delete it.
>>
>>49334084
Don't some MM entries have Nr. Appearing: Unique, or was that a later invention?
>>
>>49334084
>No. Appearing

That number signifies how many appear in an encounter. It's that way for plenty of enemies.

>>Same edition that explains it's one creature
>>award for greatest autist goes to

Would be "idiot" not "autist" you dumb-shit.

And still wouldn't be correct, since I'm neither, you're the one writing short novels because you don't like how a word is being used, and guess what, OP is still correct in his usage, because none of that applies to his post or its intrinsic nature grammatically.

Get fucked, retard.
>>
>>49334096
So are you saying that, if this thread is correct in it's likely deduction that they encountered Demogorgon multiple times throughout the dungeon and it was weakened, that at a given level, he would have had to roll higher than a thirteen?
>>
File: 1445363166766.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1445363166766.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>OP exaggerates to get /tg/'s attention

>thread quickly disseminates into bickering over grammar over spite

/tg/ is full of faggots and autistic manchildren, I swear
>>
>>49334211
What level was the wizard in the show?
>>
>>49334116
They do, yes. Lolth is unique. Demogorgon is not.
>>
>>49334231
You don't know.

In fact, you know nothing about the game at all save that it's D&D.
>>
>>49333450
Please Google the definition of pretentious so you can stop using it incorrectly.
>>
>>49334247
Well, we know that the wizard has to be at least 5th level, otherwise he couldn't cast fireball.
>>
>>49334288
>attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

How exactly did I act pretentious?
>>
>>49333582
More rare stuff
>>
>>49334151
>Confirmed for Autist.
>>
>>49334062
>>49334084
>>49334673

#Triggered
>>
>>49334297

By acting like someone else was being pretentious.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogorgon_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

Why is there an argument over how many Demogorgons there are?

1. There is canonically one. It's a name.

2. It's these kids campaign. They can have as few or as many Demogorgons as they want. They could have legions of the fuckers throwing down with Orcus if they wanted.
>>
>>49334767
>calling out someone for being pretentious is being pretentious

So, what you're saying is, you're pretentious?
>>
>>49334805

Different anon, dude. Someone else called you pretentious, I'm just explaining the logic as to why they did since you didn't seem to understand.

I'm just here for dat sweet Stranger Things.

Anyone here excited for Season 2? Any thoughts or theories based on the episode names?
>>
>>49334824
>>49334805

Addendum: But yeah, the guy calling you pretentious probably is. I'd have just called you a silly cunt.
>>
>>49334824
>I'm just explaining the logic as to why they did since you didn't seem to understand.

Yea, I know why they did, because I called them pretentious and they got butthurt about it so they just repeated what I said.

My point was that I'm not, and they don't know what the word pretentious means.
>>
Chief Hopper: most based character in the show.
>>
>>49334875
>My point was that I'm not, and they don't know what the word pretentious means.

Probably. But arguing that point whilst using a tripcode over an anonymous forum about board games in a thread that's devolved into bitching about the grammar kids used in a T.V. show makes you look REALLY pretentious.

>>49334945

Fuck yeah. Shame he dies in Season 2.
>>
>>49332889

I´m think in DMing a Stranger Things RPG.

Ideas?

What system to use?
>>
>>49335134

I´m not using the show as is, since all my players saw the series. Upside Down will exist though.
>>
>>49333741

It's the same Demogorgon, but it is a different Demogorgon in different books. Hence giving a logic for them to say "a Demogorgon"
>>
>>49335134
>>49335183

Monsters and Other Childish Things.

Would work perfectly.
>>
>>49334230
Arguing over grammar is cool

Bein a shithead not so much
>>
>>49335184
How does he differ from book to book?

Seems like a silly excuse to use 'A Demogorgon' if they are only playing by one book and one edition, though.

Mind you, it's not as silly as arguing over using the phrase 'A Demogorgon'.
>>
>>49334230
>/tg/ is full of faggots and autistic manchildren, I swear

It took you this long to figure that out?
>>
File: EW-bookfan.png (375KB, 600x321px) Image search: [Google]
EW-bookfan.png
375KB, 600x321px
>>49335134

I would use End of the World by FFG. Seems to mesh well with the whole thing.
>>
>>49335286
What's the system like? I've only ever heard complaints about it, and I'm not sure if it's bias or just really that bad.
>>
>>49334789
Well the line of logic I was interested in said that since there are multiple versions of D&D out by this point that they are refering to the multiple versions of Demogorgon
>>
>>49332889

>what are analogies, what are plot devices
>>
>>49335134

Monsters and Other Childish things.

Trail of Cthulhu maybe

GURPS
>>
>>49335411
>they are refering to the multiple versions of Demogorgon

Which makes no sense.

There are multiple versions of D&D out now, but you don't refer to creatures or characters in your campaign WHILST PLAYING IT by the multiple because there are other campaigns and editions. That's just silly.

It's even worse in context with the OP
>NO WAY A FUCKING WIZARD COULD KILL A DEMOGORGON WITH A SINGLE FIREBALL

If he's referring to every possible version or edition of the Demogorgon, then he's making the statement that there is no way in ANY of these editions or versions could the Demogorgon be killed with a fireball. Which is a ridiculous statement, I think you'll agree.

It makes more sense to assume that if the kids call it 'a demogorgon' then there is probably more than one in their setting and OP is arguing that demogorgons in that specific setting can't be killed with a single fireball.
>>
>>49335196
>>49335502

I third Monsters and Other Childish Things.

The system has a strong relationship focus that echoes well with Stranger Things, and you can easily change the 'Monsters' into 'Grown-ups'.
>>
>>49333090
>Demogorgon is a prince of hell,

It's a self-stylized Prince of Hell. Not sure if it's actually got the rank or just claims it does.
>>
>>49333023
That number seems wildly off to me.
>>
>>49335134
WoD Innocents?

Means you have access to a shit load of supernatural stuff, though WoD doesn't touch on Sci-fi that much.
>>
/tg/, I am impressed. Highest per-capita autism of any thread I've seen in recent memory.

Keep up the good work.
>>
File: JungleLove.jpg (71KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
JungleLove.jpg
71KB, 250x250px
>>49336312

Demo's not listed as unique, just "very rare." However, the kids in the show all recognize wossname's demogorgon model as soon as he plops it on the board, so it seems very likely that it's the only one in the group's possession. Thus, they refer to it as "the" demogorgon - and heavily imply that it's seriously wounded from previous encounters and thus vulnerable to a single FB spell.

Next, let's debate how Eleven's a proven serial killer, but it's okay because multiple murders give her a nosebleed, proving that she's the "real" victim in this adolescent passion play.
>>
>>49332990
There are done old dudes on /o/ and /k/ occasionally. I have to ask myself the same question as you but I'm always surprised when they out themselves as being in this atrocious site at that age.
>>
>>49335219

No clue. That's just the logic train.

It could be kept the exact same or mostly the same.
>>
>>49335519

> you don't refer to creatures or characters in your campaign WHILST PLAYING IT

Depends on the group, doesn't it?

Humans aren't known to be 100% on their grammar game.
>>
>>49332889
THAT'S WHAT I SAID.

AND THE FUCKING HYDRA.

I mean, this series was great. And it had a really solid representation of ADnD outside of this one foul up (notably the DM/PC dynamic), but COME ON. How hard is it to look up the stats of one monster and the stats of two spells?

>huh, looks like a demagorgon is pretty powerful
>Well this fireball isn't going to be enough.
>What about Banishment?
>Yeah, sure. We could spin it.
>>
>>49333264
Or
>they were playing an epic level campaign
>>
>>49334230
>4chan is full of faggots and autistic manchildren, I swear

I fixed that big guy

For you
>>
>>49332889
Was there anyone more /tg/ than Barb?

Seriously did nobody in this entire town give a single solitary fuck about whether or not this girl existed?
>>
>>49333960
Unless we're on /k/, I'm going to side against tripfags every time, personally. Something about having a tripcode is just inherently cuntish. two cents
>>
>>49335399
The system is like if Tristat dX had a baby with FATE that was raised by Cortex Plus
>>
>>49337468
There are 3 basic stats: body mind and spirit

you generate a number of dice for your dice pool, your stats, equipment ect, and you have another dice pool for things that are working against you, your environment, your wounds ect and you take the difference from those two dice pools

If you have good dice left you succeed, if you have more bad die than good then you get "stress". If your stress exceeds the stress matrix in any attribute (3x3 boxes on 3 ranks for each attribute) then you die, go insane, give up ect. The more stress you get, the more resistance ranks you get to resist stress representing your character becoming numb to the world around them. If you want to get rid of stress, you can take "traumas" which is like aspect consequences of FATE.
>>
>>49337212
>Demo's not listed as unique, just "very rare."

Isn't that how likely you are to encounter them, though? Like, Unique means you should only find them under plot relevant circumstances and very rare means they could just pop up occasionally?

>>49337234
>Depends on the group, doesn't it?

Fair 'nuff. It still feels silly to me. I know I'd look at my player funny if we were playing a game of CoC and someone shouted >YOU CAN'T KILL A CTHULHU WITH A SINGLE FIREBALL.
>>
>>49333174
You're literally the first person I've heard didn't like the show, and this is 4han, You're definitely Trolling.
>>
>>49337355
man, poor Barb
>>
>replying to dumb tripfags
Just hide and continue on.
>>
>>49332910
This. The kids probably don't know how to play the game properly, which is why they don't properly use initiative or anything. Think about it, when you were a kid of 11 or whatever and cracked open a d&d book for the first time, did you actually give a shit about the rules or did it just fuel the shit out of your imagination? It's actually kind of endearing and realistic, if you ask me.
>>
Holy shit I'm so glad I'm not the only one bothered by this. I paused the show and went through my 1e mm because I couldn't believe it. Although I have to point out they killed the tessalhydra with a fireball not Demogorgon.
>>
>>49337864
>if you don't like a thing that's popular you're trolling
Not him, but kill yourself at your earliest convenience you circlejerking fuck
>>
>>49337909
>making excuses for a shallow understanding.
I should watch this show sometime, must be good if it attracts this level of apologist fanboys.
>>
File: 1472017534185.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1472017534185.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49337909
Ancient fart here who should probably not be on 4chan, but anyways...

I recall seeing AD&D 1st ed hardbacks, a couple of BECMI books and they mention a 1st ed module (Bloodstone Pass). To me, they were playing more or less like many of us played before the internet. DMs ran games with a mishmash of rules. One group might use Basic style d6 initiative for each side in combat, another use d10s plus speed factor, and yet another use d6s for individual initiative. Some groups rerolled initiative every round, some rolled it only at the start of combat.

Any discrepancy between the rules depicted in the show as opposed to the two sets of rules in the books depicted is natural - that shit was how everybody rolled. House rules. Maybe they had some Ardruin books too.
>>
Jesus christ guys, the kids are prepubescent

>T-they're not having fun properly! Fucking kids!
>>
File: eleven eggos.png (345KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
eleven eggos.png
345KB, 500x495px
>>49340302
this
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 273x185px
>>49340343

All I can see is Dren 2.0
>>
File: 1st shadowrun.gif (2MB, 619x347px) Image search: [Google]
1st shadowrun.gif
2MB, 619x347px
>>49340357
motherfucker
>>
>>49340302

Actually, it's an interesting debate as to whether the terminology they used when referring to Demogorgon was intentional.

The show isn't above dropping internal hints or references to itself - most evident in the epilogue of the kids campaign. The language they use for Demogorgon could be a tiny clue to point at the fact that there is more than one of these creatures in the Upside Down.

OR that it's only the Prince of Hell - that there might be an entire ecosystem there that it is at the top of. A thought that's substantiated by some of the events and reveals in the show.
>>
>>49332889

It's a TV show.

They are like 11

But more importantly, anon, it is a TV show.
>>
>>49332990
Propaganda, millenials are 1990 or later.
>>
>>49340448

That's no reason not complain about it.

It's like saying that it doesn't matter that a game is unbalanced because "it's just a game", it may not be hugely important but it still warrants discussion and critique.
>>
>>49333061
>>49333103
>>49333124

The Freddie Mercury is correct because Freddie Mercury is a title granted onto the son of god ever 10,000 years
>>
>>49340375

I actually hadn't thought about it like that. I might have to give that end part a re-watch.
>>
>>49332990
Many years ago /tg/ seemed to be one of the oldest boards. We've had dudes talking about wives.
>>
>>49338247
Back when people cared more for plot and the experience of overcoming odds, versus rule nazism and power-builds (FOR WHAT, pray tell?!)
>>
>>49335134
nWOD mortals.
>>
>>49332889

Fireballs can't melt steel Demogorgons!
>>
>>49340721
I could talk about my ex-wife but I'd rather not.
>>
File: betty.png (61KB, 214x275px) Image search: [Google]
betty.png
61KB, 214x275px
I hope /tg/ learned a lesson today on why we don't respond to tripfags.

They can't take dissenting or wrong opinions and just shut the fuck up and instead keep posting variations of "lel ur so mad kiddo" so that their pride isn't hurt and they don't come off wrong.

Every
fucking
time.
>>
>>49342297
I've seen anonymous do that too
>>
>>49343176
Sure, but the very fact that a poster feels the need to tripfag when it's not relevant to the thread is a red flag.
>>
>>49342297
>as if anon is any better
>>
>>49343176

with anonymous you can't tell if it's really the same guy or just a bunch of guys pretending to be the person you're replying to in a vouch to see how dumb the conversation gets.

but nice try Skeleton Man
>>
>>49340518
>>49332990
>>49332916
A millennial is some who graduated highschool in 2000; charitably, within 3 years of it. Millennials are in their thirties now. You're all idiots.
>>
>>49343278
millenial is a meme buzzword, anyone who uses it should be euthanized.
>>
>>49343327
STFU now if anybody needs me, I'll be in my mancave.
>>
>>49343176
Anon posters are a blank slate. They can be just as bad as a tripfag or can actually bring something good to an argument. A tripfag outside of their designated threads is ALWAYS a fucking cancerous piece of shit. Their trip is a brand to mark their autistic and attention whoring ways and you can always expect the worst out of them. Not just on /tg/ but on every board.

So don't respond to them. And if a anon is being retarded and obnoxious, how about not responding to them too?
>>
>>49343413
nobody will need you anon, ever
>>
File: i guess.png (54KB, 236x262px) Image search: [Google]
i guess.png
54KB, 236x262px
>>49340519
>That's no reason not complain about it.

Well sure, if you really *want* to...

But be honest with yourself; it's because you want to.

/This thread reminds me of the people who mock the "Cultural Appropriation is Not Okay" campaign, but lose their shit if Big Bang Theory misrepresents their favorite videogame.
>>
>>49333450
I'm new to this board and I'm already going to filter you. You are that retarded.
>>
>>
>>49332889
The creature was literally just a Gug from H.P. Lovecraft
>>
File: Gug_by_njoo.jpg (83KB, 593x800px) Image search: [Google]
Gug_by_njoo.jpg
83KB, 593x800px
>>49351683
>>
>>49333146
> The reason they aren't is because there is only a singular Obama
>Barrack Obama
>Michelle Obama
>Sasha Obama
>Malia Obama
>>
>>49351683

Is that supposed to be a problem?

>>49340682
>>49340375

It's funny, I watched the whole thing yesterday, and I definitely saw a ton of obscured hints in the epilogue.
>>
>ITT: most of the autism
>>
>>49351683
K
Thread posts: 175
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.