[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 67

File: 4c8430bb409edd7df2378ab4c36a69d9.png (781KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
4c8430bb409edd7df2378ab4c36a69d9.png
781KB, 2000x2000px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Monster girls (and boys!), kitsune, and awooo all welcome! Which is the sexiest new pact magic spirit?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: https://www.patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread: >>49314300
>>
>>49326485
Say I wanted to play Awoo. How would I stat her?
>>
Is it worth the eating -2 AC / ACP penalty for Armor Trick(Versatile Armor), or is there a better feat alternative for moving full speed with mithral fullplate? I'd rather avoid magic solutions if possible.
>>
File: All ruffles buttons and bows.jpg (259KB, 700x548px) Image search: [Google]
All ruffles buttons and bows.jpg
259KB, 700x548px
Friendly reminder that Paizo officially supports ara ara~ noblewomen kidnapping halfling shotas and dressing them up in little boy doll costumes that are "all ruffles, buttons, and bows."

Then raising them as assassins.

How anime is this?
>>
So due to a lot of bad luck the Hell's Vengeance game I was in is now dead. The DM is however going to do a high-level adventure for us starting at level 16 instead. I can't remember the last time I reached this level so I thought I'd do something I always wanted to do, but simply never wanted to level through... something using the Dimensional feats, and to make matters even worse... TWFing.

Right now I've got Slayer 12/Horizon Walker 4, to get the bulk of TWFing through Slayer talents, and Horizon Walker for the dimension door SLA. Weapon of choice is also a two-bladed sword because again, lets just make everything harder, but a simple purchase of an ioun stone gives proficiency, so no worries there.

The problem here is I know very, very little about how TWFing works.

1 Slayer 1: Iron Will, Endurance
2 S 2: TWF
3 S 3: Improved Initiative
4 S 4: Weapon Focus
5 S 5: Armor Prof Heavy
6 S 6: ITWF
7 Horizon Walker 1: Outflank
8 HW 2
9 HW 3: Dimensional Agility
10 HW 4
11 S 7 FCB Extra Talent: Improved Critical, Dimensional Assault
12 S 8 Rogue Talent: Slow Reactions
13 S 9 Dimensional Dervish
14 S 10 Two-Weapon Rend
15 S 11 Dimensional Savant
16 S 12: Adv Rogue Talent: Feat: Double Slice

The main things I'm questioning right now are the 4th level of Horizon Walker, and the Heavy Armor Proficiency. The idea was take Plains as my 2nd terrain mastery to remove the movement penalty for wearing mithral full plate so I could dimension door for longer distances but not sure it's quite worth it. I was also considering Power Attack but it just really doesn't seem nearly as worth it with TWFing, though with a two-bladed sword I can definitely still use one end of it 2h to get some nice mileage out of it.

Looking for any advice. Standard WBL for level 16, so 315k also.
>>
>>49326561
That would put you just +1 AC above breastplate, wouldn't it? Doesn't sound like a good deal.
>>
>>49326666
The only alternative solution I could think of would be to dip 3 levels into fighter to get Armor Training, considering it's not a feat, but I'd rather not. Do you have any ideas?
>>
>>49326697
Fighter VMC gives you Armor Training I at level 7, and the other abilities all end up as at least equivalent to a feat, so it's not a horrible trade.
>>
>>49326761
VMC? Is that the weird alternative multiclassing rule where you lose your class's designated "Secondary" features to gain another one's?

Wouldn't really work, I want to play a Warder, and I don't think that has support for that mechanic.
>>
>>49326803
VMC replaces feats, not class features
>>
>>49326818
Oh, that sounds better then, I'll take a look at that.
>>
>>49326761
Fighter VMC is among the worst VMC out there

Monk VMC still wins at being the worst though
>>
>>49326865
>not gunslinger

u wot m8
>>
>>49326826
Cross-posting to this general, 'cause I didn't notice there was a new one.
>>
What do you guys like about Pathfinder? Why do you play it over other RPGs?

I'm a newfag considering it for my first play group. I used to have friends that were into D&D 3.5 (I didn't play with them) as opposed to 4e which was the current edition at the time. I heard that Pathfinder was based on the rule set of 3.5 but with fixes and improvements. Your thoughts?
>>
>>49326991
Because it's easy to find players for. Pathfinder fixes some of the most egregious problems with 3.5(like polymorph effects), but overall it's not really an improvement, more of a sidegrade.

Also, both are TERRIBLE choices for anyone's first system. I'd advice looking into 4e or 5e instead.
>>
>>49326865
First, >>49326865 is right, Gunslinger is utter shit. Second, for the very specific thing that >>49326697 wants (getting mobility in medium armor), Fighter VMC is passable. Bravery isn't very useful, but the Armor and Weapon Trainings are all technically better than feats you could get normally, and since they want Armor Training specifically, it can be a worthwhile investment for that character specifically, even if most characters would never want to take it.
>>
>>49326991
Look at 5e, kinda the same as 3.5, lot more friendly to new players due to not as much math. not as fun due to not as much math.
>>
>>49327068

>>49326880 is right, rather. Misclicked.
>>
>>49327070
Not as much content due to being baby new, so you can barely customize your characters whatsoever (which feelsbadman)
>>
>>49326991
I like building stupid things with it. It's got enough shit in it that I can make a bunch of silly things. Many of them are not viable in an actual campaign, since a wizard will outdo or invalidate my builds, but I enjoy building things, so whatever.

I play because I like to roleplay, and finding Pathfinder groups is easier than finding groups for some of the other systems I know.

Honestly, there are some holes in the system, and it can be frustrating if you subscribe to the "levels represent general stages of power" school of thought. I haven't played 5e, but it would likely be a better entry system, unless you are comfortable with houseruling things.
>>
>>49327187
Should clarify, 5e would likely be better because there isn't as much material. Pathfinder is not ridiculously complex until you start allowing all the bells and whistles. There are a lot of optional subsystems, some of which don't work great together, and there are a lot of classes as well. It's pretty good for customization, but if your players are looking for something more straightforward, 5e is probably easier in this regard.
>>
What are some of your group's houserules?

Our GM allows most things unerrata'd
>>
>>49327275
>allows most things unerrata'd
I wish
>>
>>49326880
Somehow my brain erased it's existence, even when I'm seeing right at it I only see a blank space.
>>
http://pastebin.com/HELssF9J

Ok here's the level 5 comparison.

Barbarian really suffers from not having 6th level beast totem at this point and Warder outstrips its damage by a good margin.

I probably only have time to do one more for today till class and playing Warmachine at the local LGS gets in the way.

Gonna do that at 11 so Barbarian gets access to more toys than a 10 comparison.
>>
>>49326515
>Say I wanted to play Awoo. How would I stat her?

1pp or 3pp?

Racially she's an Agathion-Blooded Aasimar, under 1pp she'd be a Slayer while 3pp would have her as either a Warder or Stalker.
>>
>>49327289
This actually really interesting and I thank you for taking me up on this. Would the level 6 totem and iterative attack for both change much?
>>
>>49327289
I actually think 5 is a very biased comparison point. As you mentioned, barbarian gets a his next totem at 6, and both of them get their full attacks. Meanwhile, 5 was the warder getting both a third level maneuver and a third level stance, which is a significant damage spike.
>>
>>49327289
>Tft when my Ragebred Barbarian beast totem
Alchemist VMC Barbarian would be better though, but my GM said hell no.
>>
>>49327371
Yeah I should have suggested 6, 11 and such instead of multiples of 5. I didn't consider that in the comparison
>>
>>49327275
holy fuck, would that shit be nice.

My GM is pretty good about making martials viable, that being said. But he knows when I'm trying to do broken shit, lol. He allows Jingasa to have its unerrata'd effects, but he's not going to give me unerrata'd Feral Combat Training, because he knows I'll make a 12 Natural Attack Pummeling Strike build in like, 2 seconds. Though, I keep that kind of shit to theorycrafting, since I'm not going to try breaking shit and ruining our group's fun.

He's made an "armor as DR" thing(not the official one), some feats that allow for critical builds, changes to large-scale teleportation such that you need to have a leyline map to pull it off, and you can only go to certain places, changes to crafting, a few alterations to grappling, and various other changes.

He's also grabbing a few things from the feat tax deal, though he's trying to balance them a bit.
>>
File: 1452835321987.jpg (538KB, 1471x696px) Image search: [Google]
1452835321987.jpg
538KB, 1471x696px
Is Momiji the cute wolf, or cutest wolf?
>>
I just died in a campaign that has sort of a "wild west" vibe to it and has advanced firearms in it. We didn't really know about any of that before the campaign, but now i have the opportunity to take advantage of it.
Desperado, Gunsmoke Mystic, Privateer or what? Part of me wants to play a Mithral Current using Privateer that sets up silver vulnerability then fires silver bullets, but i doubt this would be very good.

Any other good "gun users" in 3pp? Paizo's gun using classes aren't that great.
>>
>>49327297
how does momiji fight? I don't 2hu at all, just like cute awoos
>>
>>49327275
My DM house ruled that Magi don't get an extra attack from combining Spellstrike and Spell Combat (the spell is just attached to whatever attack in your full attack routine hits first). He didn't remove the -2 attack roll penalty Magi get when using Spell Combat, but he and I both genuinely forgot about that penalty more often than not.
>>
>>49327589
That kinda gimps the magus hard. What was the reason for the houserule?
>>
File: 1438639878803.jpg (343KB, 621x605px) Image search: [Google]
1438639878803.jpg
343KB, 621x605px
>>49327495
>how does momiji fight?

Like everyone else in Gensokyo, Momiji fights other Youkai and greedy shrine maidens with Danmaku, which is utterly irrelevant to the conversation since it's almost impossible (and unneeded) to represent Danmaku for a Pathfinder campaign.

That said, Momiji is noted for her use of a large sword and shield, as she is the chief guardswoman of Youkai Mountain. She is also seen on occasion using a bow, which she wields with exceptional skill given her incredible eyesight (she can see over 2,500 ahead with detail.) She is also known to seem "bigger" than she really is, frightening intruders away from Tengu territory.

With all this in mind, she's ideally represented as a switch-hitting Slayer that peppers opponents from extreme range before moving in with a heavy steel shield and bastard sword.
>>
File: 1445426855259.jpg (99KB, 815x570px) Image search: [Google]
1445426855259.jpg
99KB, 815x570px
>>49327610
>She is also known to seem "bigger" than she really is

Big for whom?

>switch-hitting

Only good in core. Complete dogshit in mid 2016 even in 1pp only.
>>
>>49327610
>>49327495
>>49327636

Fighter (Viking) would also work very well for Momiji, as Viking focuses on Intimidation, Rage (which represents her strength and "increase in stature") and the use of Shields.
>>
>>49327608
I don't really remember the exact discussion, but I think he didn't feel it was reasonable for the magus to get to full attack AND cast a spell AND get an extra attack on top of that, I think. This came up during the first session, I think, which was also the first time I had ever played Pathfinder and we handled it that way for the entirety of the adventure path. I was still able to deliver my touch spells with a melee attack when I wasn't full attacking, and he didn't object to Spell Combat on Bladed Dash once I got that spell.
>>
>>49327706
Whoa, I think I thought too much in that post.
>>
>>49327706
In the spell though there is a touch attack component, so the "extra spell" is an extra attack in itself, adding the weapon damage is just a price paid for making it a normal attack instead of a touch attack.
>>
>>49327761
We were all pretty new to Pathfinder at the time. I'm pretty sure he was probably just scared by the extra damage it would have allowed my character to deal (as a STR-based Magus, an extra weapon attack was not insignificant damage) when said character was already the highest damage-dealer in the party. The fact that the extra damage could be considered a trade-off for the decreased chance of hitting was never really considered by me or by him, as I very rarely had trouble hitting my opponents with normal melee attacks (and I had Arcane Accuracy for those situations).
>>
File: 1467810338335.jpg (114KB, 699x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1467810338335.jpg
114KB, 699x1142px
Why do people in /pfg/ hold that beguiler conversion in such high regard? It's still paizo level ivory tower design full of trap feats and poorly self-balanced character options.
>>
>>49327039
>>49327070
>>49327187

Thanks for the advice guys. 5e it is
>>
>>49327938
Because, for the most part, it's well designed. Sure there are feats that are less than stellar and the arcane hand order lags behind the rest, but those are outliers rather than the usual. Add to that the fact that the author is really reasonable and actually fixes issues that people bring to him instead of plugging his ears and shouting "PERFECTLY BALANCED!" and you'll see why people love the product.
>>
File: 1464739988342.png (244KB, 613x611px) Image search: [Google]
1464739988342.png
244KB, 613x611px
How would you play a cheshire catgirl in Pathfinder?
>>
>>49328113
Hell yeah. I've been wanting to play this just to confuse and dumbfound the rest of the party.
>>
File: Fluffy Tail.jpg (87KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
Fluffy Tail.jpg
87KB, 1200x810px
>>49326485
Don't forget about related spell.

Tailful Polymorph

School: Transmutation (polymorph)
Level: bloodrager 1, cleric 1, druid 1, inquisitor 1, ranger 1, sorcerer/wizard 1

Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S, F (a plush, doll, or other huggable, loveable representation of a mammal)

Range: touch
Target: living creature touched
Duration: instantaneous (willing) or 24 hours (unwilling)
Saving Throw: Fort negates
Spell Resistance: yes

The target instantaneously grows a luxurious tail (and optionally other features, as below. However, the tail is non-negotiable, okay?) matching the animal represented by your focus. If the target already possesses animalistic features, you may instead choose to improve the fluffiness of these features, change the apparent species of these features (e.g. change a catfolk's tail to a fox's tail), or simply remove any or all of them, if you're lame like that (this last use always has a 24-hour duration, regardless of the willingness of the target).

A creature who gains a tail from this spell, or whose natural tail has been enhanced, can wrap themselves or another in this tail to ward against winter's chill; the wrappee suffers no harm from being in a cold environment, and can exist comfortably in conditions as low as –45 degrees Celsius without having to make Fortitude saves. This doesn't provide any protection from cold damage, nor does it protect against other environmental hazards associated with cold weather (such as slipping on ice, blindness from snow, and so on).
Other features grant +1 circumstance bonuses to the following skills (and no other mechanical benefit, such as movement speeds or natural attacks):
Ears: Perception checks to hear
Eyes: Perception checks to see
Feet: Stealth checks to move silently
One Single Fang: Diplomacy checks to influence attitude
Additional features may be possible with GM permission.
>>
File: 1455977264305.jpg (480KB, 617x800px) Image search: [Google]
1455977264305.jpg
480KB, 617x800px
>arcane kitsune
Ear and tail fur are always in delightfully clean, conditioned, soft, untangled, and freshly scented condition. Thank you, Prestidigitation!

>non-arcane kitsune
Ear and tail fur get unkempt, matted, smelly, sweat-drenched, sticky, tangled, and dirty with just a few hours of adventuring.

Why would you ever settle for a non-arcane kitsune?
>>
Now that you can't mix styles, what's the best style for an Unchained monk?
>>
Can I use Solar Wind with a ballista?
Can I use Solar Wind with alchemical dragon-mounted ballistas?
>>
>>49326621
I think I will be introducing this noblewoman and her cute-halfling assassins in the next game I run.
>>
>>49328473

Well, if you want to skip out on taking nice, hot baths together and cleaning each other up, that's your business.
>>
>>49327909
I can kinda see that- but not only is it a trade-of for the spell (lower chance to hit for additional damage and crit chance, as mentioned) it's also a trade-off compared to, say, a pure fighter, who due to having higher BAB would eventually just get that extra attack anyway AND have a higher chance to hit on EVERY attack, even before the Magus' -2 penalty.

Granted, I still think that a magus is head and shoulders above any fighter because there are more ways to buff damage, you can self-haste, you can eventually pull schenanigans with spell perfection, etc., but looking purely at low-to-mid-level damage output it's comparable to other pure melee classes
>>
>>49328693

Why would you take a bath in a dungeon? You're just going to get dirty again, what with the monsters and all that. And besides, the bath water is probably cursed or has skeletons in it or something.
>>
>>49328577
>Now that you can't mix styles
explain?
>>
>>49328577
Dragon, Pummeling (if you go Dimensional Agility chain), Jabbing if you're a Dex UMonk.
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
You are the GM, and a player comes up to you and wants to play a Promethean/Preservationist Alchemist, but are worried they'll drag the party down by being useless. They see that Jolly's playtest has Injected Infusions, and that it will let them buff their allies, but they ask you about some way to apply these infusions at range. They also ask if they can trade a feat at 7th level in order to let their Homunculus gain the features of a martial PC class, with an effective class level equivalent to the Homunculus's total HD. The Homunculus retains all its standard abilities. Are these a reasonable requests? What limitations or alterations would you suggest? How could the alchemist player pitch this in a way that you would accept?

Bonus round: the alchemist asks you about this while you're already 6 levels deep into a campaign, and a new player recently joined. The new player picked a summoner, and for some bizarre reason, you okayed them to take Leadership.
>>
>>49328745
Nah, not all dungeons are dangerous everywhere. And sometimes you just have to wash the blood, gore, and acid off before adventuring further.
>>
>>49328779
Unchained doesn't have archetypes, so no Master of Many Styles, you can't mix styles, at best you can use one and as a free action (with a feat) change to another, but you can't use them at the same time, so no mixing Snake and Panther for example.
>>
>>49328802
Unchained has like 3 or 4 archetypes. Personally I don't find any of them appealing.
>>
>>49328802
Ah, I thought they might have dropped an errata or some shit that got rid of Master of Many Styles. You scared the shit out of me. Dragon is good for unarmed. Pummeling is good if DR is frequently something with which you deal. Grabbing or Kraken if you're going grapple.
>>
>>49328789
But anon.

You need line of sight and effect to a target to affect it with a spell.

This includes cleaning your body.
>>
>>49328954
What?
>>
>>49326621

Paizo is very casual about killing husbands, aren't they.

You can't shake a stick without killing some woman's man in their stories.
>>
>>49328969
Oh quit your "virtue signalling"
>>
>>49328839
3 or 4? I only know Fire serpent shit and mantis crap, both subpar as fuck
>>
>>49328782
I give a counter-offer allowing them to trade 2 Alchemical Discoveries and/or feats as well as 1 extract of each level they can use per day, and i in exchange they can add the Polymath archetype so they can initiate maneuvers.

If they hadn't taken the Preservationist archetype I would have allowed their homunculous be able to get access to its own set of maneuvers and initiate them Ambush Hunter's animal companion.
>>
>>49329027
They made a chakra monk (shit, but less shit than a chakra using non-chakra monk) and a scholar type monk in one of the occult books. There's probably more, but like I said I found not one appealing.
>>
>>49329034
^<like the> Ambush Hunter's animal companion.
>>
>>49328954
This makes me wonder something I've never considered- does seeing something in a mirror count as line of sight?
>>
Is there golarion book that actually delves into what arcane magic is?
>>
>>49329062
Yup, if it's a normal mirror.
>>
>>49329070
Arcane magic is magic that is neither divine magic nor psychic magic.

Divine magic is magic that is neither arcane magic nor psychic magic.

Psychic magic is magic that is neither arcane magic nor divine magic.
>>
>>49329090
Divine magic comes from the gods
Psychic magic comes from soul itself
Where does arcane magic come from?
>>
Interface Zero 2.0 for Pathfinder Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/821979583/interface-zero-20-cyberpunk-action-for-the-pathfin

Anyone interested in this? Ive enjoyed the Savage Worlds version, not sure if I would wanna go d20 on it though.
>>
>>49329070

You'd think a setting that's been out for almost a decade would talk about that, huh?
>>
>>49329106
>Divine magic comes from the gods
Nope!
>>
>>49329078
What happens if it's not a normal mirror and instead is showing something that's not really there?

Imagine, if you would, a hallway that comes to a 90 degree turn. At the corner is a mirror that has been enchanted to show the image of a orc guard, or something of the sort, even though there's actually nobody around the corner. A mage, looking at the false reflection without realizing there's nothing there, attempts to us the line of sight to cast a spell on the "guard". But because there's not actually a guard there, he doesn't actually have line of sight- he just thinks he does.

What happens? Is the spell wasted with no effect? If so, does the mage know as much and suddenly realize there's not actually anyone around the corner?
>>
File: 1367009045289.png (23KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
1367009045289.png
23KB, 207x239px
>>49329118
>>
>>49329106
>Divine magic comes from the gods
Incorrect, it comes belief in concepts. Gods simply embody concepts and thus CAN give divine spell casting.
>>
>>49328983

Anon please, it's always fun to point out trends in Paizo's wreck of a setting.
>>
>>49329147
Druids and rangers?
>>
>>49329070
I think it's best defined as (not divine nor psychic) and divine and psychic magic is already defined.
>>
>>49326991
The fact that it has ToB 2: Electric Boogaloo and a sequel book to that so it has more content and variety of initiators and maneuvers than ToB itself did.
>>
>>49327289
http://pastebin.com/aFs1H4qX

Ok here is the level 11 comparison.
My initial claim that a Warder could do close to or more damage than a Barbarian while being significantly more difficult to kill is only partially accurate.

The Warder will do less damage per turn while being significantly more survivable due to relevant AC and 100â„… reliable counters. The Warder's Damage can spike to pounce+witch hunter levels of damage on turns with relevant maneuvers open.

Sometime I'll see how Primal Disicple compares.
>>
>>49328473
Religious waifus are cuter.

Psychic waifus can do hypnosis
>>
>>49328782
How badly do I want this person into my campaign/how well do I know them? Asking for houserules is not a big deal by itself, but when the houserules are for the sole purpose of buffing your character concept, that seems like a potential red flag. Maybe we can work something out, but prepare to be disappointed. Particularly trading a feat to give some quite powerful and ill-defined benefits to your homonculus seems like quite a big deal. Maybe if you give me a run down of what exactly you want your homonculus to gain we can work something out.

>Bonus round
In a word, HELL no. Putting aside the issue of leadership, I'm not changing houserules in the middle of the game without a compelling reason. You being worried about maybe being useless is not one. I'll allow you to make some changes to the character or retire them entirely, and if you still insist on playing the same character and it turns out that you actually ARE useless, I'll find some way to power you up: maybe a custom magic item tailored for your character, for example.
>>
>>49329147

Clerics, druids, experienced paladins, and experienced
rangers can cast divine spells. Unlike arcane spells, divine
spells draw power from a divine source. Clerics gain spell
power from deities or from divine forces. The divine force
of nature powers druid and ranger spells, and the divine
forces of law and good power paladin spells. Divine spells
tend to focus on healing and protection and are less flashy,
destructive, and disruptive than arcane spells.

CRB 220
>>
>>49328782
Murder the summoner
>>
>>49329106
Divine magic is granted by an outside source. This source doesn't have to be a god (see rangers, druids, oracles, etc). The source of divine magic may be god or may not be.

Psychic magic does come from inside your own soul.

Arcane magic comes from the world around you - it's simply a fundamental part of reality. By waggling your figures in a certain way and chanting the right magic words, you can summon up a fireball. The methods for tapping into this power source vary - some people do it naturally (like bards or sorcerers) but regardless it's simply a set of procedures that tap into something that is all around you.
>>
>>49329154
See, the thing is half the time when people try to do this they get statistics on counter examples and just ignore it. I remember it mostly in the sex of rulers around the inner sea.

I don't fucking care about the perceived slights paizo has done to you I care about the fact fuckers shit up the thread with it.
>>
>>49329200

and

di·vine1
dəˈvīn/
adjective
of, from, or like God or a god.

So yeah it looks like Divine magic comes from a god, even for druids and rangers.
>>
>>49329217
(you)
>>
>>49329157
>>49329200
Gozreh is divine source for some nature based classes that cast divine spells
For those who do not want a god tacked, it is Green Faith
Green Faith is divine entity, but it does not have a personification.
>>
>>49329217
>The divine force of nature powers druid and ranger spells

In other words, nope.
>>
>>49329217
For rangers, druids, and hunters, I believe that God is basically "nature"
>>
>>49329200
Divine forces can include concepts.
>>
>>49329293
But not for clerics and paladins in Golarion, I believe.
>>
>>49328782
Injections at range would requitre some minor gold investment for vacuum syringes, as well as time (essentially, masterwork steel vials). Throw anythign gives them a range value. Done.

Upgrading the homonculous would require 'improved familair' feat, but only alter HD to d10 (which alters BAB, makign it martial capable). The homonuclous would have to spend it's own feats on martial ones.
>>
>>49329293
>>49329311
Gods are personifications of concepts
>>
>>49329207
What about a Witch, who gets their magic from a Patron?
>>
>>49329326
That doesn't make concepts gods.
>>
>>49329326
Yes, which is why they can grant divine spell casting.

All gods are concepts, but not all concepts are gods.
>>
>>49329394
Some concepts are just empyreal lords and whatever the evil version was!
>>
>>49329326

No they aren't, Iomedae is not the perfect paladin and Cayden Cailean is not the perfect drunk.
>>
File: 1406582433858.jpg (79KB, 403x498px) Image search: [Google]
1406582433858.jpg
79KB, 403x498px
>I want to run a low-powered campaign
>in Pathfinder
Well, looks like it's another few months without a game for me.
>>
>>49329208

Are you talking about how Qadira, Taldor and Osirion are ruled by men?
>>
>>49329405
Why do concepts have to be perfect?

Also you named two mortals who became gods, which is fairly unique among deities in golarion.
>>
>>49329431

What were the campaign details? Low power is perfectly doable if PoW is allowed.
>>
>>49329405
Cause they aren't "real" deities. The strongest ones are deities that rose from concepts like Gozreh, Gorum, and the death god.
>>
>>49329465

Gorum is BORING.
>>
>>49329356
It's arcane magic because it is secrets taught by a patron, not power granted by a patron
>>
>>49329405
Do not be like that Anon
"perfect paladin" is not a proper concept
"Honor, Justice, Valor" are concepts
>>
>>49329495

>not power granted by a patron

Warlock when?
>>
>>49329490
Not boring
Pure
>>
>>49329433
Thuvia (four of the five allied rulers are men), Qadira, Taldor, Osirion, Rahadoum, & Andoran are ruled by men.

One of the Thuvia city state and Cheliax are female ruled. They're in the minority.
>>
>>49329454
>2
>unique
Not really.
>>
>>49329463
The type of person to run a low-powered game in Pathfinder isn't the kind of person who would allow 3rd-party content. Mind you I wouldn't want to play with the GM anyway because it's the same fucker who ruined almost every single session in the last two games I was in.

What I wouldn't do to play in a game where someone finally embraces the utter stupidity of pathfinder and lets us play some ridiculous shit like gestalt 30 point racebuilder creature campaign nonsense.
>>
>>49329490
And capable of 1 v Xing partof the pantheon.
>>
>>49329183
The ability to spike is probably all the warder would need, given defensive focus might end up being a huge dpr if there's a lot enemies.
>>
>>49329506

Iomedae does not embody the concepts of honor and justice though. Trumpets and the Glorious Reclamation are evidence enough of that.
>>
>>49329433
>>49329531
Mendev got a queen
>>
>>49329533
>fairly unique
Ok, I should have just said uncommon. Besides them who else are mortal raised to godhood?
>>
>>49328802
You could always dip a level of Fighter to get two styles active simultaneously.
>>
>>49329554
That AP was years ago, it is time to let go Anon
>>
>>49329564
Mendev isn't on the inner sea.
>>
>>49329512
>Warlock
From paizo, never. I backed Forrest's Patreon because I want him to write one though,
>>
>>49329569
Potentially, anyone who plays out the Starstone series AP.

That's the point of it, after all.
>>
>>49329572
How if I might ask?
>>
>>49329588
oh you mean like, exactly at the shores of inner sea rather than inner sea continent?
>>
>>49329512
>warlock
>doesn't have a daily use limit on his abilities
Been hitting the alcohol again anon?
>>
>>49326485
hey /pfg/ are paladins immune to the intimidate skill with their immunity to fear via aura of courage?
>>
>>49329623
>inner sea continent
You mean Avistan and Garund. Avistan is north of the inner sea, Garund south.
>>
>>49329569
Irori, Aroden, Norgorber, Urgathoa, and Nethys, to name some major gods that were once mortal. Note that only two of those five did it via the Starstone.
>>
>>49329635
Wait, Irori used to be mortal?
>>
>>49329551
My statement Earlier that 2 Zwei Warders would outdo a Warder and Barb may have founding.

Defensive focus makes rough terrain so if abused right you can prevent enemies from full attacking. At that point the DPR potential between groups matters less since combat is fully in the players favor.
>>
>>49329621
Oops, I misremembered how the archetype worked. Free-Style Fighter at level 3 can have two styles active simultaneously. It's actually not a terrible dip either, since you get ahold of Martial Flexibility and another bonus feat as well.
>>
>>49329648
its right in his bloody bio. He's essentially a boring Buddha rip-off from Vudra
>>
>>49329635
Actually I wanna consider Nethys
So the guy became a god with arcane magic specifically
Which begs the question, is not magic given to his followers also not arcane magic, not divine?
>>
>>49329626

I thought the point of a Warlock was they didn't have daily use limits except on their spells.

Eldritch blasts ALL DAY.
>>
>>49329207
>Psychic magic does come from inside your own soul.

Not actually true, Psychic magic comes from manipulating connections and associations. Occultist shows this the most cleanly with implements, but psychic magic is not internalized any more than arcane or divine.
>>
>>49329569
Norgorber passed as well, yes? Nethys also gained enough knowledge to become a god.

I also have trouble believing they're concepts because you can kill them.
>>
>>49329673
Sorry, I made an incomplete

>paizo
>warlock
>no daily use limits
not fucking happening.
>>
>>49329686
Witch hexes
>>
>>49329648
Well, he claims so, at least. He was a mortal monk who attained physical and mental perfection, basically spontaneously achieving divinity through enlightenment. As an amusing point, he thinks the Starstone gods are cheaters because they didn't achieve divinity through their own action but by using the Starstone.
>>
>>49329630
Yep.
>>
>>49329578

If I let go, what do I have left? Pathfinder for the last couple years has been more barren than the average Avistani woman. The APs were boring, the supplements were boring, the game's just lost it's luster.
>>
>>49329686

Jeez anon, and you said *I* was hitting the sauce.
>>
>>49329713
No, it's always been that way
>>
>>49329696

The Starstone would have been so much more interesting if it just became a shooting star that grants wishes to those who see it in the night sky.
>>
>>49329454
>Also you named two mortals who became gods, which is fairly unique among deities in golarion.

Iomedae, Nethys, Irori, Cayden Cailean, Norgorber

1/4 of the major dieties were mortals, Paizo went pretty hard on that.
>>
>>49329695
Aren't most of those restricted when a critter makes its save once?
>>
>>49329678
I think Psychic Magic comes more from the fact that it is neither divine nor arcane- both ot those have explainable sources. Arcane magic is either a birthright or a skill. Divine magic is a gift or spontaneous thing. Psychic magic? It's MUCH more on the side of being Esoteric.

The Medium and Spiritualist get their magic from their connections to dead people. The Mesmerist gets his power from the Astral Plane, otherwise known as "your brain, the plane". The Psychic is like a sorcerer but not (they can do drugs to get their power!!!) The kineticist is essentially channeling an elemental plane through themselves, and the Occultist unlocks the meaning and significance of historical objects and their connections to magic to, well, be a cool dude.

Lemme put it this way: Arcane Casters are the naturally smart and the studious. Divine Casters are the religious. Psychic casters are the crazy folks who think licking toads, waving skulls, and talking to dead people give them their magic powers.

And it works.
>>
>>49329757
Restricted from being used on the same creature.
>>
>>49329792
Yeah, that's still pretty different from an unlimited use ability.
>>
>>49329649
I'm beginning to think that defensive focus is easily the best part of warder. That and extend defense are just crazy in terms of being able to hold the line.
>>
>>49329490
>a better-written Khorne than Khorne
>boring
>>
>>49329811
I mean, if you have an unlimited number of targets, you can use them an unlimited number of times, I guess. Cackle always works too, so you could Evil Eye somebody semi-permanently.
>>
>>49329811
Also depends on the ability. Evil eye, the best debuff of the lot can just be reapplied.

Now, the whole "not more than once on the same creature" hardly matters due to the structure of combat in PF.
>>
>>49329695
Hexes are a rare exception to the rule, since a few of them ARE effectively unlimited use. I think the problem is as a whole though is that paizo is fucking horrified of ALL DAY abilities regardless of their power. This is why the vigilante's ALL DAY â„¢ blasting blows horse cocks for damage and why the kineticist as a whole is an embarrassing mess of a class.

>>49329811
don't be a pedant. You can use slumber all you want because anything that gets put to sleep is fucking dead.
>>
>>49329833
Defensive Focus was easily the most irritating part of DMing for someone playing a Warder. Especially at higher levels when movement during it doesn't provoke.
>>
>>49329870
>don't be a pedant.

Two abilities that are actually at will, and a bunch where you can't use it against the same target. That's not what the warlock is about.
>>
>>49329840

He's a generic suit of armor that's all about fighting.

There's no rhyme or reason to him, he's just Soldier Man.

He would have been much more interesting as something like Athena, a God of mindless primordial slaughter that transitioned into a womanly strategist.
>>
>>49329885
Does the warder just become an increasing field of "you can't move here"? What exactly makes it frustrating? Did it change encounter dynamics heavily? I'm very interested in playing one and I'd like to know the downfalls that it has as well as what behavior might be cancerous
>>
>>49329772
>The Mesmerist gets his power from the Astral Plane, otherwise known as "your brain, the plane"

Can i get a citation on that? Both parts of it, actually. Mesmerist getting power from the astral and the Astral being "your brain, the plane". Last I checked, the Astral plane was the Planar equivalent of empty space.

Also, for the others: those all manipulate connections (except the psychic but that shouldn't exist anyways)
>>
>>49329971
It's on the SRD. Check the Mesmerist page. Its a the top.

I haven't really looked into the Astral Plane but as far as I understand it, it can easily be manipulated with just a thought.
>>
File: 303076-tycho_logo_medium.png (7KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
303076-tycho_logo_medium.png
7KB, 170x170px
Anyone ever played a Warforged who was (or became) rampant? I know Warforged aren't really robots with programmed AI, but it's not like I couldn't just fluff a Warforged to the point where rampancy would be possible.
>>
>>49329772
>Arcane Casters the naturally smart and the studious

I'm not sure Sorcerers count for that, but it's otherwise spot-on.

>you are now imagining an 18-INT Level 1 Wizard who has no work ethic because he never even had to try in Wizard School, which means he has to depend on the party for all manners of practicality
>>
>>49329952
An ever increasing field of " You cant take actions here" the zone gets bigger every few levels, denies more stuff, and eventually denies more things.

A Warder with fly casted on them is annoying as all hell.
>>
>>49330038
What's a rampancy? That's a Halo thing, right?

Warforged have minds like anyone else. It sounds like you're just looking for an insane warforged. Which happens a decent amount.
>>
>>49330043
Should be 'talented' instead of smart but the meaning still gets across.
>>
>>49330038

Warforged go insane all the time, no need to call it Rampancy because that's something unique to AI (and Warforged are not robutts.)
>>
>>49330070

ZweiSent with a spear and Enter the Vortex for free infinite flying is the greatest thing ever.
>>
Is the Empyreal Celestial bloodline any good? I get that the change from Cha to Wis is great, but losing flight for a 1/day reduced level channel energy seems really awful
>>
>>49330038
Just have it go insane. It doesn't *need* to be some kind of AI for that.

>>49330072
>>49330085
So did you guys just not read the part where he said he was aware Warforged aren't robots?
>>
>>49330106
You could just pick up Flight as one of your spells known. It's useful for Sorcerers.
>>
>>49330106
Wisdom is the better casting stat, but in my opinion it's not worth changing the sorc's casting stat unless you're playing gestalt.
>>
>>49330106
You'll probably want some flight-granting spell eventually anyway for when you need to make the fighter fly and the cleric didn't prepare air walk enough times.
>>
>>49330125

He's using a term for AI to describe a condition "natural" minds suffer from.

Something Warforged can and do suffer from because they're supposed to be an allegory for disillusioned/shell shocked veterans of the Great War.

It's like asking if a human being can suffer from a computer virus, even though you know humans can't get computer viruses. It's completely ignoring the fact we've already got terms to describe this stuff.
>>
>>49330127
>>49330179
I suppose you're right

>>49330134
Well the idea was to gestalt it with Ecclesitheurge Cleric, actually.
>>
>>49330193
Yeah, I know what he said. What you seemed to not notice was the part where he mentions

> I know Warforged aren't really robots with programmed AI

He seems pretty aware of how Warforged work, but what he seems to be asking more is if people have ever played an insane Warforged in a vain similar to a rampant AI.
>>
This talk about kineticist made me actually read about them for my next game, so elemental ascetic? yes or no?
>>
>>49330329
What do you mean yes or no?
>>
>>49330329
No.
>>
>>49330329
Depends, do you have access to 3p? If not, no.
>>
File: kissingraybans.gif (967KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
kissingraybans.gif
967KB, 500x270px
>>49329324
A Homunculus Companion already has a d10 HD and full BAB though.

>>49329196
A good set of worries. I was trying to figure out how to pitch something, ANYTHING, to my own GM, and wanted to see what kind of attitude other GMs would have to this kind of thing in order to get a better grasp of what to ask for. Injected infusions is probably open, so I'll at least be able to (hopefully) contribute by jamming those into my party members during combat, and can see how that goes. The class thing for the homunculus was me looking for a way to just hand it a longbow and have it reasonably keep pace without drowning in feat taxes. Overboard? Maybe.

Story is that the summoner in the bonus round came in mid-campaign, kicked down all my character's gimmicks, and then proceeded to do them all better. So now I'm stuck trying to figure out something else to focus on instead of summons.
>>
>>49329137
>What happens if it's not a normal mirror and instead is showing something that's not really there?

When you target something in a mirror, you are targeting "the creature I see in my mirror" (or object). If that isn't real, the spell just fails - and you waste it. If it's real but isn't the creature you thought it was, it still goes off.
>>
>>49330329
>Elemental Ascetic
Pretty sure you go better with core Kineticist and one or two levels in monk.
>>
>>49330408
>>49330430
Why not? it seems better than monk
>>
>>49329106
Divine magic comes from fervent belief.
Psychic magic comes from the interconnected relationships between people, places, and things and the energy inherent in that.
Arcane magic comes from a variety of sources, but as far as I can tell it's meant in Golarion to come from either planar energy or the cosmos at large.

In effect, Arcane is just "everything else". This is why SLAs are sorc/wiz SLAs before any other type.
>>
>>49330665
Magic sources are completely dependent on setting. See Faerun and the Weave/Shadow Weave.
>>
Would it be reasonable to allow a player to combine Eldritch Archer and Bladebound, making the Black Blade a longbow instead of a one handed weapon?
>>
>>49330436

Dude just murder the summoner in their sleep.

Problem solved /s
>>
>>49330779
Don't see why that'd be a problem. It's actually a pretty neat concept.

RAW? Nah. but it's solid and doesn't break anything, so why not?
>>
>>49330646
I'd explain myself, but honestly, you'd be better just looking at the guide that I wrote for the class.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1utgJVtJStEtZ8B923VWFYKIx6kbWQS_44zSMOb8rkT0/edit
>>
>>49330803
Yeah, that was my instinct. The archetypes even overlap, discounting the Black Blade restriction.

I mostly just wanted a second opinion.
>>
>>49330822
...is this a joke? there's literally nothing
>>
>>49330779
I don't see why not. Nothing breaks mechanically, and it would probably be really fun. Might want to look into allowing them to expand what they can use their arcane pool for, or allowing them to trade black blade (bow?) +'s for weapon special abilities unique to ranged weapons. Namely just in case they want something like Endless Ammunition, which isn't an arcane pool ability.
>>
>>49330878
Ok, I'm a retard, I mistyped the link
>>
>>49330902
I thought you just weren't clicking on the links, the guide's over 100 pages, I had to break it up like this so that it would fit. Thankfully, Paizo isn't big on printing new content for it, so most of the big stuff has been KOP/LK content.
>>
>>49330902
>I mistyped the link
>not using an extension to just embed links
double retarded
>>
>>49330953
>Paizo isn't big on printing new content for it
It's almost like they know it'd never sell!
>>
>>49330977
See, you say that, but Kineticists of Porphyra was on the top 10 3rd party products at paizo for literally 8 1/2 months.

People want new kineticist content because it's an interesting class but saddled with less than enjoyable mechanics.
>>
>>49331051
>See, you say that, but Kineticists of Porphyra was on the top 10 3rd party products at paizo for literally 8 1/2 months.
Where can I find this list?

What's number one?
>>
>>49330959
I selected the link and went here, but typed something without realizing
>>
>>49331051
>but saddled with less than enjoyable mechanics.
Or any?
>>
>>49331068
It's very odd, but it only comes out in the weekly paizo email. I can send you to the thread where it's discussed though.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2tazb&page=3?Presenting-The-Most-Popular-3PP-Products-for#132

That's the one that list the most popular products for this year, although if you go back further, you can see the most popular for different years too, which is all really interesting.

>>49331087
That's debatable, but I can say that the chassis has given me quite a lot of room with which to design. Also 5 new elements (light, time, sound, poison, and viscera), so I can't complain. The kineticist is the element that helped me break into 3p, so I owe it a lot.
>>
File: 1473556776676.jpg (210KB, 686x441px) Image search: [Google]
1473556776676.jpg
210KB, 686x441px
>>49331132
>That's debatable
Let me have my fun!
>>
File: Human Flesh Festers Here.jpg (373KB, 1214x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Human Flesh Festers Here.jpg
373KB, 1214x1600px
I'm going to play as a fuckin' Tyrannosaurus Rex (pic related). What class would compliment this best?
>>
>>49331274

Bard. Become a Sexual Tyrannosaurus.
>>
>>49331274
Dragon Disciple

or Monk
>>
>>49331274
First take the trait Adopted (Goblin). Then take levels in Feral Gnasher. I can't think of a better class to compliment your race, plus the idea of a T-Rex that thinks its a goblin is pretty cute.
>>
File: Trans-Time.jpg (165KB, 700x920px) Image search: [Google]
Trans-Time.jpg
165KB, 700x920px
>>49331297
Impressive. Very nice.

>>49331442
This is a wizard prestige class isn't it? Would it work well in the longrun?
>>
>>49331512
Serial Killer Vigilante. You can be Sir Tyrannus Rexus esquire, beloved noble and champion of the people by day, but at night you turn into - El Tyranto.
>>
>give boss ice themed sword
>does cold damage
>campaign is mostly against the undead
>players know this
>they take his sword anyways
>blame me when undead are immune to cold
>>
Any recommended enchants for TWFing? Dual adamantine and cold iron? Holy and something else?
>>
File: 2000AD-1853-cover.jpg (257KB, 817x1073px) Image search: [Google]
2000AD-1853-cover.jpg
257KB, 817x1073px
>>49331274
>>49331297
>>49331442
>>49331497
>>49331512
>>49331566
Say I wanted to become a T-Rex trying to make his way into demonhood. What are some ways I can go about doing that?
>>
>>49331664
Agile if your doing heavy dex, likely you are with TWF.

it's pretty cheap if i remember, a +1?
>>
>>49331703
There's a shit ton of classes and prestige classes that turn you into an Outsider and would make you a demon.
>>
>>49331737

Nah, playing a Slayer so I'm bypassing DEX requirements with ranger combat style.
>>
File: Tiefling Awakened Blade.png (147KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling Awakened Blade.png
147KB, 345x345px
>>49326485
So does anyone have a link to that trove of Weebish tokens that one anon posted about, without posting a link, a few threads back?
>>
>>49331566
Don't forget Companion of the Lonely! Get bonuses for being a sexual tyrannosaurus.

...God, typing that made me sick.
>>
>>49331826
Well, it depends on the build, honestly. You'd hae to lay out if you're multiclassing, what you're wielding, and what you'll be facing in general.
>>
>>49330636
That depends, the big deal for Ascetic is getting a free infusion. If you just want a minor elemental damage boost then yeah, a single level is all you need, but if you want to, say, stick a Burning Infusion on a target to set people on fire, or full attack with a Pushing Infusion to push targets around, then sticking around for 5 levels for Infusion Specialization 1 can be handy before taking the rest of the levels in a better class.

Any more than that is pushing it though.
>>
>>49331994

This is my earlier post
>>49326641

I'm using a two-bladed sword. I was thinking of doing +2 Adamantine Impact Holy / +2 Cold Iron Impact Ghost Touch

I have absolutely no idea what we are fighting. All I know is our characters are investigating a newly found tomb from the time of Ancient Azlant, and my DM is looking forward to using a lot of creatures from the bestiaries we hardly ever see.
>>
File: trexmaid.jpg (73KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
trexmaid.jpg
73KB, 752x1062px
>>49331924
Hell, just take that maid Rogue talent along with Companion to the Lonely and play a tyrannosaurus rex maid.

Welcome home master! Would like a dinner? Or a bath? Or... me?
>>
Hey, does anyone have the maps for Strange Aeons? My GM has the physical copy for his home group, but wants to run it online for us as well.
>>
>>49332058
I think you need Double Slice before Two-Weapon Rend, but if you're bypassing prereqs, that's fine.

Impact might be nice. Shocking is good, since things don't resist it as often as the other 2 elements. Ghost Touch is likely wasteful, since you can buy salves that let you hit incorporeal. Do you have a skald or anything to give you more special abilities? If so, straight enhancement might be good.
>>
>>49331870

That token is awesome, are you using it for a character?
>>
File: image.png (427KB, 900x514px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
427KB, 900x514px
>>49326485
Scarred Lands Players Guide was sent to backers. I'm a backer with a copy and willing to answer questions about the content.
>>
>>49332199

Yea, I'm taking Two-Weapon Rend as my level 10 Slayer talent choice to bypass the reqs.

Yea I can see that with Ghost Touch, prolly better off just buying some items for that if it comes up.

It'll be a 3 person party, plus likely an NPC to fill in the blanks. One person is looking at some kind of sorceror, and the other is going likely bard/arcane archer.
>>
I am wanting to make a gun wielding priest that doesn't suck with gun. My current plan is a refluffed gunsmoke mystic with switching out one discipline for silver crane.

So how does /pfg/ feel about gunsmoke mystic, and what manuvers do you think would be best. and what discipline do you think I should switch out for silver crane.
>>
>>49332280
What in the world is Scarred Lands?
>>
>>49330779
I never quite understood why black blade is limited to swords only.
Everyone should had a talking weapon that doubles also as your wingman
>>
So has anyone checked out legendary vigilantes yet, is it a lot different from the playtest?
>>
>>49332384
forgot pic
>>
>>49332403
>i_exist_only_for_your_succ.jpg
>>
>>49332280
Oh fuck yes. Scarred Lands was one of my favorite RPG settings. How is it different from the old setting? Is there information on the Blood Bayou and Jack of Tears? What about Hollowfaust and Glivid Autel?
>>
>>49329539
I wish I could switch with you, it gets boring really quickly when everyone can do everything and the only way the GM can really challenge a party like that is with even more broken bulllshit.
>>
>>49332236
Yep! I'm using it for my Oni-Blooded Tiefling Pathwalker Psychic Warrior/Awakened Blade in an E10 game my friends and I are playing. Lucked out big time with my rolls for Fiendish Heritage getting an extra +2 to Wisdom.

Really playing up the psychic/supernatural nature of her gifts, as well. Kinda shitty childhood, with her mother being lynched by a mob for birthing Demonspawn; the only reason she survived was because of a passing Paladin of Shelyn who took her in and raised her when he saw her mother's corpse. She's basically a fake paladin at this point in time (who animals hate, but that's the Hungerseed in her, making them all think she's a starving predator).

Except instead of smiting evil, she gets HUGE! HUUUUUUUGE! YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

And then smacks them.
>>
>>49327275
I don't allow a lot of thing but I tend to ignore errata I don't like. I do allow third party though
>>
>>49327275
Anyone who summons can only have one summon under their control at any time.

For example if someone summoned 1d4 rats they could control all four normally, but if they summoned something else then all the rats are dismissed prematurely.

(Does not count for Eidolons, Familiars, Mounts, Companions, Cohorts, etc.)
>>
>>49332388
I got it, it's pretty great, the changes don't look too bad even if I'm pissed some archetypes got moved.
>>
>>49332280
>>49332443

Come on, don't leave me hanging.
>>
Has anyone ever experimented with a sort of 'half gestalt'?

Like, for every two levels you get, you get one in your other class?
>>
>>49333234
How would saves, skill points, hit dice and such work?
>>
>>49333280
Maybe just take the better of the two at those levels? So a wizard with Fighter as his second class would alternate between d6s and d10s.

Saves wouldn't even be that hard either. The difference between good and bad saves is enough that the aforementioned wizard with a minor in fightering would still have a slightly better fortitude save. By one point, unless I'm mistaken. So there'd still be some benefit to mixing saves, but not a massive one.
>>
>>49329182
Which one was ToB 2?
>>
>>49333410
Path of War and Path of War: Expanded would be my guess.
>>
File: d16.gif (174KB, 680x557px) Image search: [Google]
d16.gif
174KB, 680x557px
>>49326485
>>
>>49329539
I'm also playing in a game where we are tristalt and mythic. The question is whether, when he inevitably mutates us too, it's with Corruptions or extra race points.
>>
Need help making two bosses.

One is supposed to be a guy that spreads disease but I'm not sure what weapons or abilities to give him. He's this shambling husk of a man with necrotic skin and the area around him seems to die.

The other is actually a twin boss, two giant skeletons called The Battlemaster and The Huntmaster.

Drawing a blank on how I should set these fights up (in terms of the boss and their loot). Thanks, 8 am classes. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>49332333
A campaign setting set a century after the titanomachy, filled with leftover monsters created by the titans. Post-apocalypse rebuilding meets Greek mythology heroes and monsters meets medieval fantasy.

>>49332443
>>49333106
The setting is the same but with some new things added, and you can used 3.x books without fluff adjustment. Titanspawn like assatthi and slitheren were given redeemed playable factions serving alongside the divine races. The PG focuses largely on Ghelspad and gives an overview of the politics and geography. Psionics/psychic magic is mentioned in a sidebar as being integral to some parts of the setting but isn't detailed. There is some support for mythic adventures, no surprise there. An appendix includes monster conversions.

Essentially the PG is the first in what will probably be a series. I recommend it over Golarion, anyhow.
>>
>>49333851
The first one could be the plague scion from the legendary vigilante playtest, seems to make sense.
>>
File: Mister Flexible Man.jpg (106KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
Mister Flexible Man.jpg
106KB, 736x736px
>>49333851

How large is your party?

For the Disease dude, give him a negative energy aura that deals damage to folks around him. Give him special attacks that, instead of dealing damage, give your players the effects of a disease (filth fever, bubonic plague, etc.)

I'd recommend either making him ungodly tough and give him massive saves so that your players don't fuck him up that fast.

For the SKELETON WARRIORS! I would recommend probably going with a Magus and a Slayer, respectively. The Magus smashes face, the Slayer wrecks face. Have one of them initially fight the players, and give them big sweeping attacks. Then when the first one gets to half health, have the second one pop out. When THAT one gets to half health, have them merge into one big skeleton (pic related) and become... SUPER BATTLEHUNTMASTER SKELETONMAN, with a restored health pool, and the abilities of both the Slayer and Magus halves!
>>
>>49333851
Antipaladin. I had a great time spreading dysentery where ever I went.
>>
>>49333959
MECHA SHIVA!
MECHA SHIVA, MECHA SHIVA, MECHA SHIVA, MECHA SHIVA...
>>
>>49326621
I fucking love the Shut-In adventure.

I should point out, though, that Auraluna Drovenge is not an Ara-Ara noblewoman at all. She is a bitter, spinster who berates her shy daughter to make up for her lost beauty and glory.
>>
>>49334193

All women who are older than the age of 25 are ara~ara~.
>>
>>49334193
Shh, you'll ruin their fapping.
>>
>>49334224
Anon, pls.
Ara-Ara is not defined by age alone. There are other factors like motherliness, a nurturing presence, curviness and bustiness and wide, child-bearing hips along with a propensity to have borne many children.
>>
>>49334129

Actually, that's a pic of the Flexile Sentry from Dark Souls II, but that's the idea I had.
>>
>>49333875
Psychic magic? Hold up. I thought they said they were planning to write it for 5th edition so I didn't bother kickstarting it.
>>
File: kasumi_07.jpg (40KB, 490x554px) Image search: [Google]
kasumi_07.jpg
40KB, 490x554px
>>49334259

The archetypal ara is only 19 after all
>>
>>49334404
I thought it was Alicia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMSAkmKB0BE
>>
>>49334402
They're supporting both PF and 5e. You missed out.
>>
>>49334404
>>49334414
I thought the archetypical Ara ara was that 'you're not interested in an old fox like me' one?
>>
File: Confabulation Plate.jpg (2MB, 907x1827px) Image search: [Google]
Confabulation Plate.jpg
2MB, 907x1827px
So these are neat.
>>
>>49334468
On demand speak with dead? that IS actually really neat.
>>
File: 68-69.jpg (1MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
68-69.jpg
1MB, 5100x3300px
>>49334468
Also, who likes Hastu-
>>
>>49334483
1/day tho
>>
File: 70-71.jpg (1MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
70-71.jpg
1MB, 5100x3300px
>>49334542
Leakanon just went dark, but here's the second part on the cult of Hastu-
>>
>>49334543
Honestly how many times do you expect that to come up?
>>
>>49334542
Hey Leakanon, do you have the maps from the first book?
>>
File: 72-73.jpg (2MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
72-73.jpg
2MB, 5100x3300px
>>49334573
Obediences
>>
File: 80-81.jpg (1MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
80-81.jpg
1MB, 5100x3300px
>>49334585
I should, let me find them and/or jpg them.
>>
File: 82-83.jpg (1MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
82-83.jpg
1MB, 5100x3300px
>>49334616
But first the Byakhee, an important ingredient in any BLT.
>>
File: 84-85.jpg (1MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
84-85.jpg
1MB, 5100x3300px
>>49334650
Then some Faceless Hulks for when you want to have everyone in town be CR 9 encounters.
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 825x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 825x900px
I wanna do a general poll on something.

What is your opinion on playing against type?

As in, every race and class has a general description of their expected attitudes and lifestyle. How do you feel when someone tries to play a laid back Scald? Or a thuggish Elf?
>>
File: 86-87.jpg (1MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
86-87.jpg
1MB, 5100x3300px
>>49334663
And a new Great Old One to sic on your players.
>>
>>49334666
It's fine.
>>
File: 88-89.jpg (1MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
88-89.jpg
1MB, 5100x3300px
>>49334692
These are more tied to the AP, they actually show up as parts of encounters.
>>
File: 90-91.jpg (1MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
90-91.jpg
1MB, 5100x3300px
>>49334710
Star Vampire Crusaders, go!

They're also shockingly weak.
>>
>>49334666
The problem is that non-humans are treated as having monocultures rather than the same amount of diversity as humans. This is probably because they were written by white people as stand-ins for non-white people.
>>
>>49334666
> Not playing gentleman orc
what you be the point, really?
>>
File: Risi Nairgon.jpg (3MB, 2800x2600px) Image search: [Google]
Risi Nairgon.jpg
3MB, 2800x2600px
>>49334726
And one of the few relatively attractive NPCs in the book. I included her specifically because she also has the possibility of doing the clumsy assassin shtick Sheena best girl
>>
>>49334749

Oh my god she's adorable.
>>
File: 1443563105891.jpg (309KB, 1280x753px) Image search: [Google]
1443563105891.jpg
309KB, 1280x753px
>>49334666

Well, there's nothing wrong with it, and it CAN help form the basis of an interesting character, but it's worth noting that "playing against type" can become a type in of itself.
>>
About to play Pathfinder for the first time this weekend.

Should I roll druid, inquisitor, cleric, or alchemist?
>>
File: PZO90109 Interactive Map-2.jpg (3MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
PZO90109 Interactive Map-2.jpg
3MB, 2550x3300px
>>49334585
Okay, so maps. Here's book 1.
>>
File: PZO90109 Interactive Map-3.jpg (3MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
PZO90109 Interactive Map-3.jpg
3MB, 2550x3300px
>>49334999
>>
>>49334983
Alchemist, they're easy to play, have a lot of fun resources, and are one of the best designed classes.
>>
File: Swedish-Vallhund-7.jpg (77KB, 744x484px) Image search: [Google]
Swedish-Vallhund-7.jpg
77KB, 744x484px
>>49334749
Hey, Book 1 Map Anon here, I'm headed for bed, but if you post them up I'll grab them in the morning and send them over to my GM. Thanks Leakanon. Have a puppy for your troubles!
>>
File: PZO90110 Interactive Map-2.jpg (3MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
PZO90110 Interactive Map-2.jpg
3MB, 2550x3300px
>>49335013
And book 2.
>>
File: PZO90110 Interactive Map-3.jpg (3MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
PZO90110 Interactive Map-3.jpg
3MB, 2550x3300px
>>49335027
Aw, Swedish Vallhunds are the best. There's also only 2 pages of maps for book 1.

>>49335034
>>
File: PZO90110 Interactive Map-4.jpg (3MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
PZO90110 Interactive Map-4.jpg
3MB, 2550x3300px
>>49335056
And that's the maps for book 2.
>>
>>49333959
Party is four players.

I like the negative energy aura and the disease attacks. I have a feeling one of the players will want his powers for himself so maybe I'll store some of it in an item that he can grab if he does something to deserve it.

As for the fusion mechanic, that's a pretty good idea. I was tossing around the idea of one of the bosses (they're making their way through what is effectively a lich's personal crypt of experiments) having a greatsword that can split into two shortswords. Maybe I'll change it so the two skeletons carry one of the swords and when they fuse they combine their swords.
>>
>>49334983
Roll a martial. Start from the bottom.
>>
File: New Canvas.png (1MB, 1204x2014px) Image search: [Google]
New Canvas.png
1MB, 1204x2014px
>>49334770
>>
>>49335080

I'm asking about party size because Single Boss Encounters are quite boring.

I would recommend giving Typhoid Tyson (the disease dude) dual initiative, and fluff it as him being surprisingly fast for a corpse, and tell your players it's to even out the action economy disadvantage that the boss has.

I wouldn't recommend that for Mecha-Skele-Shiva, though, just because two heads are better than one.
>>
>>49335120
That could work. I was also thinking that his boss encounter area could be filled with corpses that he raises as his minions during the fight, but then I feel like I'd be making a fight too much like an MMO boss.
>>
>>49335120
>Typhoid Tyson
>(the disease dude)
>Get it? Get it? its because of the alliteration. >Get it?
Jesus don' t explain the joke
>>
File: Hastur the King in Yellow.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Hastur the King in Yellow.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>49334542
Hastur a cute. A. FUCKING. CUTE.
>>
>>49335252
This is why Lovecraft hated asians.
>>
>>49335252
That is an eldritch horror, not your waifu.
>>
File: 1472436025027.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1472436025027.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>>49335252
You said it....
>>
File: Dtu5mYq.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Dtu5mYq.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>49335252
>>
File: iLsvooa.jpg (4KB, 146x200px) Image search: [Google]
iLsvooa.jpg
4KB, 146x200px
>>49335327
Oh shit.
>>
File: smug dead goddess.png (403KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug dead goddess.png
403KB, 1280x720px
>>49335252
>you will never hear her say 'shounen' ever again
>>
>>49335252

This might be a bit of a tangent, but I've noticed there is a theme in anime where people get all excited about eating a hamburger.

Why is that? Are hamburgers uncommon in Japan? I thought they had cows.
>>
>>49335394
Beef is an expensive commodity regardless.
>>
File: 1430335629758.jpg (432KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
1430335629758.jpg
432KB, 927x380px
>>49335327
>>
File: Nyarlathotep vs Hastur.gif (3MB, 544x612px) Image search: [Google]
Nyarlathotep vs Hastur.gif
3MB, 544x612px
>>49335347
>>
File: sad megumin.png (755KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
sad megumin.png
755KB, 767x720px
>>49335382
RIP cookie ni~
>>
>>49335394
Maybe Japanese people just think hamburgers are pretty delicious?
>>
>>49335394
Isn't it usually the naive oujo-sama or something? The usual excuse is "I've never been to not!McDonald's before."

Plus that's an alien, so it makes sense in that context.

Also hamburgers are fucking delicious.
>>
File: comic331_zps0e179cf7.png (40KB, 298x326px) Image search: [Google]
comic331_zps0e179cf7.png
40KB, 298x326px
>>49335394
Don't be silly, japanese people eat burgers all the time!
>>
>>49335394

You think hamburgers taste "common" because you're a Westerner who has grown up on cheap beef and burgers every other day.

Imagine if you only get a hamburger maybe once or twice a month.
>>
>>49334590
Have we gotten any obediences for other elder or outer gods? Or is Hastur the first?
>>
File: 1470527547033.png (802KB, 918x868px) Image search: [Google]
1470527547033.png
802KB, 918x868px
>>49335515
YOU SAID IT!!!
>>
File: 555.jpg (34KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>49335496
Fuck off weeb
>>
>>49333449
Oh, that. I was thinking about 1pp material. That's all my group has ever used.
>>
>>49335559
No need to worry. As long as nobody says it a third time we'll be fine. I mean, come on. Surely nobody would be that stupid.
>>
File: 1471967556496.png (1MB, 1165x1654px) Image search: [Google]
1471967556496.png
1MB, 1165x1654px
>>49335565

Never.
>>
>>49335593
As long as nobody says what?
>>
>>49335626
Hastur.
>>
>>49335626
It, we're not supposed to it a third time. Nobody knows what'll happen when it's said.
>>
File: 9GiQ3d6.gif (235KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
9GiQ3d6.gif
235KB, 300x168px
>>49335626
Please no...
>>
File: 09342340w9.gif (62KB, 185x168px) Image search: [Google]
09342340w9.gif
62KB, 185x168px
>>49335645
>>
>>49335645
FUUUUUUCK. It's over. It's all over. I hope you're proud of yourself.
>>
>>49335647
That's dumb

Hastur Hastur Hastu-
>>
>>49335645
>>49335659
>>49335670

You guys are getting way too nervous about Hastur, uttering his name *only* draws his attention when the eldritch energies of his foetid star is in the night sky.
>>
>>49335645
Somebody needs to make a new thread quickly before the King in Yellow finds us.
>>
New thread:

>>49335684
>>49335684
>>49335684
>>49335684
>>
>>49335252
>>49335515
>>49335645
It's fucking ten at night and I'm trying to fucking sleep. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?

>>49335686
That time is now.
>>
File: 1469393842444.gif (103KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
1469393842444.gif
103KB, 500x253px
>>49335686
But it's night where I am :<
>>
File: Vnrnv4Q.png (750KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Vnrnv4Q.png
750KB, 625x626px
>>49335698
It's all over now.
>>
>>49335647
If I recall, doesn't Hastur only get called by his name three times if it's said by his greatest enemy?

>>49335674
He's not fucking Candlejack you twat.
>>
>>49335825
>If I recall, doesn't Hastur only get called by his name three times if it's said by his greatest enemy?
Iunno, I was talking about It.
>>
>>49335426
What's this from?
>>
File: tumblr_mbb0f2ZPMD1qa9wiqo1_250.gif (388KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbb0f2ZPMD1qa9wiqo1_250.gif
388KB, 250x188px
>>49335825
>>
We are playing currently at 9th level with automatic bonus progression and one of the players just founded a Kingdom of undead. Since some characters of the group dont really work with that they agreed to make new characters since they like the plot of that so far. I said they'd be able to make characters based of undead with. Class levels or related templates, but reserving a right to veto things, as a gm should. Now, One of my players wants to make a character with the ghost template. The thought of an incorporeal nearly indestructible pc with some nasty special attacks strikes some alarm bells with me. First he wanted to make the ghost a mesmerist, which i rejected since i didn't want to bring in occult classes, now he wants to do a paladin. Anyone got advice wether or not i should allow the ghost template or what do do with that?
>>
File: Thronerevisited.jpg (2MB, 1800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Thronerevisited.jpg
2MB, 1800x1100px
>>49326485
So my players have truly insane damage, at least according to my experiences. All level 12, a Natural Attack Spam Barbarian, an Unarmed Spam "Kenshiro" Unchained Monk, and a Mysterious Stranger Gunslinger Ninja. Every round they can each do between 100 and 250+ damage.

Problem: They keep winning initiative, which means all the enemies in a given encounter are long dead before they would ever get a turn. Is this normal for the level they're playing at? My experience with higher level PF is limited, and I worry that I will have to start throwing EL16 and higher monsters at them just so the enemy can have a turn. I don't want to kill them mind you, I just want them to feel like their opponents are truly powerful since we're using the setting from Kill Six Billion Demons (pic related), and that shit's crazy.
>>
File: 1473271267994.jpg (140KB, 878x930px) Image search: [Google]
1473271267994.jpg
140KB, 878x930px
>>49326485
Would pathfinder let me get stuck in a time loop?
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.