/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When's GW going to start selling more models for IG that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 23

File: DKZShia.jpg (187KB, 1600x581px) Image search: [Google]
DKZShia.jpg
187KB, 1600x581px
When's GW going to start selling more models for IG that aren't just Cadian dudes?
I know Forge World does other stuff, but I'd like to see Vostroyans or Valhallans or female anythings in a store sometime.

Plus it would make it easier to divide your troops if the models & colours were both different.
>>
About 15 years ago.
But that age has long since passed.
>>
>>49323159
I was just thinking "It can't have been that long ago", but I just went and looked it up and the Vorstroyans were released ten and a bit years ago. Christ.
>>
Will they ever update the Cadians? Would be neat to see them become similiar in size to FW guardsmen.
>>
When are people going to start 3d-printing "counts-as" Warhammer 40k models? They already do it for Battlefleet Gothic tabletop.
>>
>>49322620
I don't know how much incentive there is. From what I understand IG are all about tanks, with infantry are often taken begrudgingly or to have something that can hold objectives. I also imagine that people are far more into marines, especially with all the 30k love kicking about.

There's also the issue of having to replicate a whole army's worth of units across multiple regiments. It's not like marines where you can make upgrade kits with shoulder pads and a few extra bits. Cadians are radically different to Valhallans, who are equally different to Tallarn, etc. You'd need to produce infantry squads, command squads and heavy weapons teams for each of them, at the very least, and the return on the investment may not be worthwhile. Especially since those who really want to buy non-Cadian regiments will often shell out big money for the old sculpts.

In an ideal world they'd just let you bring what you posted (or the dozens of other IG equivalents) into stores/tournaments, but this is GW we're talking about.
>>
>>49322620
They're also selling Catachans, if you missed them.

Maybe they can do SM style upgrade sprues. First they'd need to make Cadians so that the shoulder pads are separate, like on vehicle crews. Maybe even unarmoured torsos as well. That should have you set for many regiments.

Mordian sprues would just need field caps and epaulets. Tallarn towel heads and maybe different lasgun models. Gas masks and carbines for Steel Legion. 1st and Only will work on Catachans, just give them capes and new heads.
>>
>>49323778
Regiments aren't that different from one another. When you look at all the old metal models, they all pretty much have the same fatigue design with only slight variations. Cadians had helmets. Tallarn had towels. Mordians had field caps and epaulets. Steel legion had gas masks and carbines (also slightly longer coats).
>>
>>49323890
Oh, alternatively, make "Imperial Guard" box set with what's basically unarmoured Cadians with triplex phall lasguns. It'd serve as the basis for regimental conversions. Cadians themselves can be conversions as well, containing the Kantrael lasguns and armoured torsos.
>>
It would be neat to see a redesign of the old metal guardsmen.
>>
>>49324148
Until then, the sculptor OP linked does a bunch of equivalents, and even a few new ones. You've got old school Cadians, Mordians, Pretorians, Tanith and Penal Legionaries. First two also have options for male and female troopers.

But yeah, new guard models would be excellent.
>>
>>49323917
Vallhallians with their distinctive Russian look,with those coats and fur hats.
>>
Out of the two IG armies I have neither are Cadian. One is a steel legion engineer company while the other is an Elysian drop troop army. That mirror my old mechanized and air assault units.

I would love to see GW make something other than cadians and catachan but it would get out of hand with how many different units there are. Not to mention production of models nobody but a handful of ig purists will get.

You may have to take the pro route and convert troops to a regiment you like. I mean there is no shortage of alternative figs.
>>
Other than Victoria, which companies produce alternative IG models?
>>
>>49324352
Anvil Industries, Mad Robot, and Curious Constructs come to mind.
>>
>>49324333
Trouble with alternative figs is that they won't fly at any GW location.

>>49324352
Got an article that's pretty comprehensive. 2 years old now, but still good.

theimperialpatrol dot blogspot dot co dot uk/2014/06/alternate-imperial-guard-models.html

Sorry for the mangled link, 4chan hates it for some reason.
>>
>>49324333
It's amazing Forge World hasn't gotten into making Imperial Army minis. Only things we've got are the homebrew Mary Sues who shit on old fluff.
>>
>>49324414
I'm increasingly becoming of the mind that Forge World is tasteless shite, and that's by the standards of 40k.
>>
How are the Victoria minis quality wise?

And how well will their bits mix with Cadians?
>>
>>49322620
I wish I had money for an IG army.

I kind of want to sell my orks and start anew. Then again I also just like playing orks. Its a complicated situation.
>>
>>49324736
Play Blood Axes using IG rules.
>>
They updated the Cadian command squad.

Of all the other regiments Catachans have gotten the most from GW with death korps And elysians being a forge world thing
>>
File: female-guardsmen.jpg (103KB, 734x762px) Image search: [Google]
female-guardsmen.jpg
103KB, 734x762px
>>49324827
Next time don't try so hard.
>>
>>49324845
I actually laughed out loud at this.
>>
File: Untitled.png (551KB, 701x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
551KB, 701x1080px
?
You can still buy all the old regiments - granted not all the sgt or specials anymore, but you can convert those. Even praetorians are just a Mordian with a Victoria Mini headswap away.
>>
>>49324473

Just bought a set of the female Arcadians, quality is really excellent. Anon, Nothing will go with catachans.... The sculpts are some of the most dated and their proportions are fucked. The Victoria parts will look small and totally out of place of on them. You are better finding other parts from anvil industry or Maxmini and working front there
>>
>>49322620
Use miniatures of different companies, not just gw.
Will be cheaper too.
>>
>>49324414
Who?
>Imperial anything in FW
>Mary Sue

>using Mary Sue at all
>>
We've had admech and we're getting genestealer cults. Plastic sisters and a better guard range seem somewhat possible...
>>
>>49324352
Laughing Monk, sold through Eureka Miniatures does female Cadian conversion bits but they are a bit amateurish.

Mind you, they mix well with Cadians, not standing out all that much.

They also do female High AElf spear and bow troop conversion kits.
>>
>>49325126
Solar Auxilia.

>second only to the Marines in quality
>best regiments ever
>emulated on thousands of worlds
>made up a quarter of the Army's fighting strength
>bunch of steampunk space men with equipment that makes Kriegers look advanced
>>
>>49322620
How easy is it to kitbash victoria miniatures guard with GW stuff? I really want to use some of their highland guard parts for my army.
>>
>>49324401
Use the %50 games workshop. Parts rule on them.

Even in the gw store here the owner does not care.
>>
>>49324414
How the hell are Elysian and dkok Mary Sue?
>>
>>49325720
I want to know how Elysians and Kriegers are Imperial Army.
>>
>>49325691
From what I've read they've got a slightly different scale to the plastic Cadians. The latter are quite stocky, while Victoria's stuff is a bit slighter. More in line with Forge World's Elysians, the review said.
>>
How hasn't any 3rd party maker done a conversion kit for IG with a beret head and an accordion? Victoria's bagpipes just ain't the same.
>>
>>49325076
I meant the Cadians, not the Catachans.

And if that is what you meant Victoria needs to drop the false advertising about conversion compatibility then. Really I just need some carapace armour torsos and some heads that look like veterans that will fit with the Cadian plastics.
>>
>>49323627
BG is an out of print title. There's no real risk of getting sued.

>>49322620
FW is specifically for niche-interest stuff. IG Cadians form the basis of every regiment because they use standard equipment, so they form the majority of all regiments even if they're not actually Cadian regiments. Catachan, Tallarn, Vostroyan, Valhallan, Steel Legion, Mordians and Tempestus Scions are all still on sale from GW, in addition to FW's offerings of Elysians and Krieg; how much more do you want, because nobody's bought up all those old metal regiments yet. Buy them out and you'll (eventually) get more/replacements in plastic. You know that's how it works.

As for females... they're not Eldar, m8. You know they don't make boob armor. If you want a cheerleader regiment, just say so.
>>
>>49324193
The Victoria minis are nice but even slightly bigger then the normal Cadians.
>>
>>49324473
Vics stuff is excellent quality, you pay that price for a reason.

They do not fit well with Cadians though. Cadians and Catachans have very bloated proportions so you're better off just buying whole squads than trying to upgrade existing models.
>>
>>49326036
oh ok that would actually work pretty well then. The issue is the legs and arms. Cadian legs and arms are just hideously large, so when Vic does even remotely well proportioned bits they don't fit at all. That said, I have several of Vics flak torsos on Cadian legs, they just look like they have super baggy pants.

The torsos and heads are pretty close though.
>>
>>49322620
Those look suspiciously like Rebel troopers from the Battle of Hoth in Episode V.

Time to turn my guard into the Rebel Alliance...
>>
File: cadia.jpg (79KB, 800x264px) Image search: [Google]
cadia.jpg
79KB, 800x264px
>>49326951
They're meant to look more like the original metal Cadian models, but with the right colours they should do the trick,
>>
>>49327223
My newfag is showing, but I've never actually seen those before.
Gives me a new appreciation of the current models.
>>
>>49327353
I used to feel the same way. Still do, mostly, but I feel slightly nostalgic for my pot bellied officers and stubby lasguns.
>>
>>49327541
>stubby lasguns

Don't talk shit about the triplex phall pattern, it's got adjustable power settings and shit.
>>
How do people feel about Victoria's weapon options? I've got to admit that the melta and plasma guns are making me hesitate. Are there any options out there for buying those weapons in GW's style?
>>
>>49329013
Bits stores?
>>
>>49323627
>When are people going to start 3d-printing "counts-as" Warhammer 40k models?

When commercially-accessible 3D printing produces things that aren't complete garbage.
>>
>>49329075
HAH. Can't find any source of plasma/melta without arms/hands attached, and the stuff from the Cadian command kit are constantly sold out.

Really wish GW just did a pack of special weapons for easy conversions. Or put plasma and melta guns in the basic IG squad kits.
>>
>Female guardsmen models
>Ever
W40K is primarily a male power fantasy. Don't get your hopes up. They know who their target audience is.
>>
>>49329129
How hard is it to cut a marine's hand out of a plasma/meltagun and put it into IG arms? I've gone it just fine.
>>
File: GWproportions.jpg (177KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
GWproportions.jpg
177KB, 600x442px
>>49325784

The ones in the OP seem to be about 5.5/6 heads tall.

That does indeed put them in between realistic scale and GWs.
>>
>>49329129
Forgeworld/chinaman.

Kromlech also make female guard torsos, but they look like arse. Pic related.

Chapterhouse made female guard too, but lol.

desu, the usual way to get female guard is just to use statuesque miniatures heads on regular cadian torsos.
>>
>>49329180
May give that a go, then.

On the mention if special weapons, is there a way to put together the sniper rifle from the Cadian Command Squad kit that doesn't result in a massive gap in the back?
>>
File: codex-catachans.jpg (42KB, 394x664px) Image search: [Google]
codex-catachans.jpg
42KB, 394x664px
>>49329143
>female commissar
>female catachan
>two female last chancers
>female 1st and Only
>pic related conversion from 3e Codex: Catachans
>female Gland Warrior in WD303

Never ever, for sure.
>>
>>49329251
>massive gap in the back

Explain.
>>
>>49329236
Man, I like the heads but that bookflak looks like arse. Been using statuesque heads myself, but it'd be nice to have a few more robust looking faces.

>>49329271
Unfortunately they haven't made any female guardsmen in ages. Not that they've made any new male guardsman for a while either, but still.
>>
>>49329236
These being an example of those heads in use.

>>49329271
Plenty of female guard all over the fluff too.
>>
>>49329294
This is probably just me being bad at plastic soldiers, but when I put them onto a body I've got he choice of the hands either both gripping the weapon or the cloak at the back joining up properly. Not at home so I can't take pictures, but my model is going to need some serious green stuffing to sort it out.
>>
File: sol-patter-hb.jpg (37KB, 774x279px) Image search: [Google]
sol-patter-hb.jpg
37KB, 774x279px
>>49329315
>hating on the sol pattern HB
>>
>>49329428
Forge World?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Favorite range gw ever produced, and they are a blast to paint
>>
>>49325784
>>49325691
>More in line with Forge World's Elysians

I have both. Elysians are a lot smaller than Vic's stuff. Not mine but this picture shows what a mix and match of cadian an and Victoria miniatures bits look like.
>>
>>49330577
Good to know. I'm interested to see how GW torsos look with Vic arms and vice versa, though.
>>
>>49330727
>GW torsos look with Vic arms

Picture has that. see the Bagpipe man.

Here are some vic minis with cadian arms.
>>
File: VL_Riddikx3.jpg (165KB, 727x406px) Image search: [Google]
VL_Riddikx3.jpg
165KB, 727x406px
>>49330907
>>49330727

And another. This one made by Vic hereself.
>>
>>49325618
So what you're saying is, you can't have any form of elite force inside an army?
>>
>>49323778
A command squad is just an infantry squad with a few extra bits, and the heavy weapons teams would be part of the infantry squad kit.
>>
They won't because they only want IP able army's and not even cadians are icon enough but people at studio have the sense to not release a standard guardsman while copyrights the MO do what I'm doing and combine scion and skitarii kits you also have the forge world options for standard guardsman and IG is actually becoming the WHFB old world of 40k maybe they decided in current market its better for guardsmen to be in resin also its worth considering plastic technology might not be able to do 28mm human justice. Like look at things like chaos cultist and late WHDFB elf's n humans I wouldn't say they are the best models ever made unless it has a full Helmut like the elven dude and full helmeted IG arnt standard truips they are grenadiers or higher.
>>
The next guard models will prob be from necromunda so be excited for that. I'd expect maybe 30 or so unique dudes
>>
>>49329143
Futanari
>>
I'm using kreig standing at ease as zombies chaos cultists as sjw protestors and renegades and scions as militia . so if you can't tell that's nurgle (weak and wounded kreig) tanzeench protestors for change and korne a mess of meat bags for my third section I'm thinking prob adbumans on slaneesh so like literal ratings but rats with men body's and stuff basically make my mutants and plague Rogers and chaos spawn more interesting but slaneesh seems weird but a section that's basically furries seems OK for her. Hmm I want it all very subtle thou but maybe obviouse with paint. So your like oh cool chaos renegades and then your like wait a second the imperium is all evil already!
>>
>>49324845
kek
>>
File: 1430730323791.jpg (170KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1430730323791.jpg
170KB, 2000x1333px
>do a bunch of fluff reading before I think about tabletop
>"wow, I like the Armageddon Steel Legion! I should get an army of them!"
>All old expensive metals with no convertibility.
>"Well, my second favorite was Vostroyans -"
>All old expensive metals with no convertibility.
>Play Dark Angels.
>>
>>49337414
>Not getting the glorious metals which are the last vestige of awesome gw.
>Not learning how to properly convert stuff using greenstuff instead of shitty kitbashes.
People like you are terrible.
>>
>>49331147
No, not at all. Did you miss the part where they're a quarter of the Army's fighting strength? Your super special elite force, second only to Marines, forms 25% of the Army's front line troops. Also, they don't get any Rhinos or nothing, so what chance does regular Army have in getting them? So we can kiss goodbye to any old fluff of Army getting Rhinos and other such vehicles.

Makes you wonder why the Emperor even needed to decree that Marines only get to use Land Raiders when nobody was even using them.
>>
File: chinks.png (54KB, 618x559px) Image search: [Google]
chinks.png
54KB, 618x559px
>>49337414
psst
lad
chinamen
>>
>>49337436
>People who want to paint things that accept paint better and have a simpler time accepting conversions because of the ease of parts interchange are terrible.
Clearly.
>>
File: 1429376017617.jpg (21KB, 386x359px) Image search: [Google]
1429376017617.jpg
21KB, 386x359px
>>49337585
I'm not a smart faggot, and it seems like asking about them gets them in trouble.
>>
>>49323627
Around 5-10 years probably. Could be less, doubt it'll be more.
>>
>>49337586
>people, whose creativity and effort begins and ends with babbys first dublo kit
>people, who prefer flimsy materials that don't last a single generation
>people, who prefer literal rubbish over superior details and actual worth

I bet you use plastic cutlery, so you don't have to wash.
>>
>>49337585
What is the best source of these fine and legitimate miniatures?
>>
>>49337703
wait until you find out what the cheap resin they use is doing to your lungs every time you leave it in sunlight
>>
>>49329124
>>49337852
If it's commercially available it will never happen. What will happen is that these home printers, even if they can make higher-fidelity objects, will be always online and will be able to compare the input designs with copyrighted templates provided by corporations, and can then inform the user that the design cannot be printed because it's too similar to copyrighted material.
>>
>>49322620
http://www.ebay.com/itm/28mm-WWII-Russian-Infantry-in-Summer-Uniform-57-PLASTIC-SOLDIER-COMPANY-NEW-/161241028255?hash=item258ab6d69f:g:jS0AAMXQxU5SBtRb

Have some cheep, inscale russians
>>
>>49338043
Cyberpunk is not real, kiddo.
>>
>>49338640
I tell you now, I worked with several computer programmers on this kind of software in college, and it is coming. They couldn't get it to work perfectly and the sale fell through, but they're still working on it and there is interest.
>>
>>49338658
I'm sure it's coming, but it'll be bypassed somehow. There's no way the sort of people who are interested in 3D printing will be okay with their machine phoning a server every time they print something.
>>
>>49338658
Yeah, like how regular printers are always online? Unless lobbyists manage to take a total chokehold of politics everywhere on planet Earth and somehow make it illegal to own offline printers, it's nevet going to happen outside of maybe some isolated cases. Anf even then, we have >>49338680
>>
>>49338716
Also consider that people who produce 3D printers generally don't give a shit about everyone else's copyright and know that providing a more limited product will lose them business. It's why ISPs are loathe to do any more than slap you on the wrist for torrenting stuff, unless actually compelled to act by law enforcement.
>>
>>49338716
>Lobbyists
You're thinking too small. This is going supranational. It'll be required by the EU, and because the EU will negotiate free trade agreements enforcing it's copyright laws with the rest of the world it'll be our laws.
>>
>>49338772
Soon, there will be electronic old men running the world.
>>
>>49338772
Well, I will then tear down those deals. And I won't be alone.
>>
>>49337991
theres a reddit for recasters, check it out

do a bit of searching on it and you'll find some usable emails, Z (not his full name) is the cheapest and the one whose prices I posted
>>
>>49338928
Thank you goy, shutting it down as we speak.
>>
>>49338912
You can't do anything about it other than hack the 3D printer and fake approvals.

>>49338881 is right. There's no way back from this because the entire course of politics and capitalism has been leading towards this for the last 30 years, ever since the Berlin Wall fell, and evne though people are protesting against it now there's nothing they can do to stop it. It's like saying you can stop the waves from hitting the beach. Especially in the US, where every politician has supported it no matter what they profess to believe.
>>
>>49329271
That's like 7 models and one of them is a conversion. That's statistical error margin.
>>
>>49338969
These are not forces of nature, these are humans and human interests at work and like you said, they change now and then.
>>
>>49324414

There may just not be that much of a demand for the Imperial Army.

>>49334075

It's probably more about interest than it is IP. If there was real interest in the IG models besides the Cadians and Catachans I'd think GW would have ported at least some of the alternatives to Finecast rather than let them slowly disappear.

>>49337531

When was the last time that it was said the Imperial Army got access to everything the Space Marines did? Off the top of my head I can recall an article from sixteen years ago in WD about the Land Raider.
>>
>>49324148
They'd be shit.
>>
>>49339100
>There may just not be that much of a demand for the Imperial Army.

FW used to be majority Guard and Navy units. Why would the demand dry up now?

>When was the last time that it was said the Imperial Army got access to everything the Space Marines did?

HH book 5, where Survivors of the Dark Age get Rhinos and Proteus Land Raiders? But that's only one militia group and pretty much makes you take power armoured dudes as your mandatory Troops.

Why is it that Army couldn't have Marine things? I mean, they're not really categorized as "Marine" and "not Marine", it's all Imperial. Of course certain units like drop pods and such would benefit the fighting style of Marines more than Army, but Army is not Guard and there should be more than enough regiments capable of utilizing drop tactics and lighter combat tanks like Predators over the slow Russes. Seriously, Legions already operate way different from Chapters and get super-heavy tanks, transports and even more primitive stuff like Malcadors. Why would Army forced to be just shitty Guard?

But lets accept that from the get-go Marines and Army had very distinctive equipment and roles. No Marine units for Army. So why would the Emperor need to decree that all Land Raiders must be given over to the Marines, if Marines already were the only ones using them?
>>
>>49326036

Oh! Yeah Cadians work fine,also anvil industry do the hell guns and whatnot with backpacks so you can make much more tacticool scions like the old storm troopers.
>>
>>49323778
>From what I understand IG are all about tanks

90% of the tank kits for IG are 15 years old too.
>>
>>49323890
>They're also selling Catachans, if you missed them.

Yeah, instead of using shitty looking 10+ year old minis, lets use 15+ year old, even shittier looking ones. Seriously?
>>
Any company make any good pickelhaubes or equivalent spiked helmets with gas masks that fit Cadians? I think West Wind made some, but they're a bit too small in my opinion.
>>
>>49342224
They're still an option and both the Catachan command squad and various vehicle kits that lets you make non-Cadian crews exist. So claiming that GW just makes Cadians is faulty.
>>
>>49325061
No old inquisition stormtroopers though, old cadians are gone too
>>
File: IMG_1852.jpg (1MB, 3440x1228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1852.jpg
1MB, 3440x1228px
>>49327353
>>49327223
Properly painted, these look way better than pic related. Easily on par with the current ones.
>>
>>49342210
Sentinel has been updated. Chimera and Hellhound have been updated. Russ has been updated. Baneblade came out with Apocalypse. Manticore and Deathstrike in 5e. Hydra and Wyvern in 6e.

Only IG vehicle that I can think of that's not been updated is the Basilisk, and that's just the gun and platform. The hull is the new Chimera one.
>>
>>49329186
Why the fuck is that picture comparing a 1/35 miniature with an 28mm miniature? 28mm (heroic) is close to 1/48.
>>
>>49338043
>>49338680
>>49338716
>>49338772
>>49338969

They're never going to be able to touch custom sculpts based on existing IP's.

The internet is awash in random kids who make A-list game tier static sculpts in zbrush or similar, they're not magically going away. Sure, they might be able to stop me from printing a 100 copy of a leaked GW print file or something like that, but there's always going to be someone uploading files for "Gothic Power Armoured Space Nazis" that are for all intents and purposes space marines.

When your entire franchise is based on "that old Starship troopers cover art but with Darth Vaders face Mask" you can never protect yourself completely from people producing likenesses of your products.
>>
>>49329143
And yet the Imperial Guard novels are full of female soldiers. Both series, Gaunts Ghosts and Ciaphas Cain feature mixed regiments too.
>>
>>49340848
>Why would the demand dry up now?

The demand is the same and i think they sell Krieg stuff just fine, its just that demand for Horus Heresy (and SM in general) is way higher.
>>
>>49342289
So what exactly changed there?
The overall vehicle design certainly didn't.
>>
>>49342359
Surely those people who like Guard and kept FW in business would also like to extend to HH as well. I know I do. I've always liked Army stuff and have always wanted to make a 30k version of my 40k Guard with all the fancy 30k toys, but if it's just gonna be 40k Guard in 30k, what's the point?
>>
>>49342289
http://web.archive.org/web/20010810135312/http://www.games-workshop.com/40kuniverse/citadelminiatures/imperialguard/imperialguard_Heavy_Support/LemanRuss.htm

All that's happened in the last 15 years is they added in the exterminator, vanquisher and eradicator main gun bits.
>>
>>49342225
Anvil Industries
>>
>>49342374
Chimera:
>track design, making it easier to assemble
>boxes on the sides of the hull shrunk and were moulded onto the sides instead of separate
>rear hatch door no longer a separate piece
>turret design
>turret mount design
>crew
>gun options
>dozer blade assembly

Russ:
>track design, making it easier to assemble
>slightly redesigned hull that's not 100% the same size as the one before it
>hull mount use the same design as the sponsons
>totally new turret design
>new turret mounting design
>turret centered to the hull (old was slightly to one side)
>new exhaust design
>engine cover fixed to the hull
>crew
>hull no longer has headlights on the front

Sentinel:
>legs that allow posing
>plastic extra armour and enclosed cockpit
>plastic gun options
>new gun options
>no more foliage canopy option
>chainsaw mount redesign

Hellhound:
>totally new hull and fuel tanks
>new front
>new turret
>new style gun barrel and muzzle
>new crew

For Hydra and Manticore, go google the old FW ones and compare them to the plastic ones.
>>
>>49342499
Can't find nothing but tacticool heads.
>>
>>49342374
Why does anything need to change? The Chimera is a space BMP, the Leman Russ is a space WW2 tank and that is what they are supposed to be.
>>
File: headline.jpg (236KB, 1600x554px) Image search: [Google]
headline.jpg
236KB, 1600x554px
>>49342495
Look, I can't help you if you're blind and stupid.

All I know is that I got a bunch of both old and new Russes, and beyond the overall shape of the hull, there's a ton of differences from guns and turret design to track assembly and little details here and there.
>>
>>49342605
They don't have to change but the lore is full of different other vehicles as well. They could easily offer some variety there with a new plastic regiment using a different style of tanks.

They created the (terrible) Taurox out of nowhere too.
>>
>>49342627
Besides some minor details and a better paintjob on the new one to make it look better, its pretty much identical.
>>
>>49342524
>For Hydra and Manticore, go google the old FW ones and compare them to the plastic ones.

I miss them
>>
>>49342627
I really don't see any substantial difference.
>>
>>49345156
>>49342663
If completely redesigned turret, hull and sponson guns, exhaust, as well as modified upper and lower hulls and repositioning of the turret don't count, then yeah, superficially there's no major difference. But that's like saying there's no difference between the 3e plastic tactical marine box and the recent update to it, since they both look like space marines.
>>
>>49345534
All they really did with the turret is add a pair of plates and some rivets. Nothing else has really changed - the cannon itself looks exactly the same, the turret hasn't been repositioned lke you claim - it hasn't moved in comparison to the rounded plate above the lascannon or the back grille.

The only real difference with the sponsons is the red light on the new one, and the sponsoon gun admittedly has a different lasgun, but it's still essentially the same aside from the fact that it has that lower piece to it.
>>
>>49342627
Man, the old GW photos did not look good at all
>>
>>49345534
They've put on a new turret, in the same place, and new weapon bits, the hull is exactly the same, from the shape to the number of rivets. The exhaust is just two pipes you stick on, the old picture is at the wrong angle to show what they were like.
>>
>>49345767
Fuck off, troll.
>>
File: russ-hull.jpg (217KB, 873x1345px) Image search: [Google]
russ-hull.jpg
217KB, 873x1345px
>>49345872
>the hull is exactly the same

Top is old, below is new. On the old the hull mount is larger (new one is the same size as sponson mounts). On the old the turret ring is off-set to the right while the engine block is off-set to the left, while on the new one has both in the center. Old exhaust is just two cylinders with pipes, new exhaust has a perforated heat shield on them. Differences on the turret design more obvious.

>inb4 more denial
>>
>>49346079
>>49345872
>arguing this much over it

Wow.
>>
>>49346079
This is what usually is called "updated sprues" in scale modelling. Kit is still the same. Not even the internal article number changes.
>>
>>49346079
You forgot to mention that they took the tank upgrade sprue out of the box and jacked the price up by £10 or so
>>
>>49346226
You forgot to mention that they put stuff like crew bits into the sprues and gave you all the gun options.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>49346127
It looks like the modelling equivalent of a high res texture pack

>>49346226
And split it up so you couldn't make all variants with one box
>>
I wish GW would retool cadians and release new sprue sets where heads/torsos/arms/legs were separated allowing for mixing and matching. Cadian, Praetorian and Mordians would share the same legs, for example, Praetorian and Mordians would share the same torso/legs, Vostroyans and Valhallans would share the same arms and legs, etc

also add tank desant/tank riding ability to turn leman russes into shitty impromptu opentopped transports
>>
>>49346278
Which doesn't excuse removing every single upgrade from the box and whacking the price up.

I LIKE dozer blades and heavy stubbers.
>>
>>49342315

Realistic proportions are realistic proportions it doesn't matter what the scale is.

In that picture the heads are the same size so it shows how far from realistic scale the GW figure is.
>>
>>49346331
You get dozer blades in the russ box, I don't know about the stubber but the dozer blade was definitely there circa ~~6 moths ago.
>>
File: A 3d prtin high def acrylic 1.jpg (26KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
A 3d prtin high def acrylic 1.jpg
26KB, 800x600px
>>49329124
>>49323627
>>49338043
>>49337852

http://www.shapeways.com/materials/high-definition-acrylate

Good shit right here.
>>
>>49346340
By using a miniature of similar height the difference would be even more visible though.
>>
>>49346368
Very expensive though. It will take some more years to make stuff like that readily available
>>
>>49342210
Yeah GW's Leman Russ literally looks like a plastic box no matter how good of a painter you are. The FW patterns are far superior.
>>
>>49342334
That's because the writers are liberal. Hell, there's a sentence in the latest The Beast Arises book where a Flesh Tearer thinks that it's absurd to feel that women need to be protected on the field of battle because a Sister of Silence is joining a Deathwatch Kill Team to defeat an Ork Psyker.
>>
>>49346331
>tfw you got dozens of old vehicles
>tfw you could buy heavy stubbers left and right from bits stores
>tfw you got more heavy stubbers than you know what to do with
>>
>>49338023
>wait until you find out what the cheap resin they use is doing to your lungs every time you leave it in sunlight
wait wat
How's that even possible with layers of paint on it?
>>
>>49342627
Why does the Imperium use riveted construction?
>>
>>49346365
I am looking at the sprues right now, there's no dozer. Nor is there a dozer on my modern russ.

>>49346407
That's my point anon, I have a dozen old style russ/chimera/hellhounds. The new ones have less extras.
>>
>>49346398
>The FW patterns are far superior.

You mean the same box with a different turret?
>>
>>49346424
Because it looks old and that's the vision the setting is going for.

Also, you sure it's not molecular bonding studs like you see on Marine armour?
>>
>>49342561

I don't think they do either. In October they will release a WW1 range "the release will feature 2 styles of great coat, including 2 torsos and 3 different head options, plus some new weapon options. "

They take feedback and request very seriously so I would ask them what type of WW1 heads they have planned. They have a facebook page and a dakka page, on both of these they have changed and created products based on popular demand.
>>
File: sllralphacomp.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sllralphacomp.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
>>49346434

Why is everyone arguing over the details of a toy they have clearly not seen in person?
>>
>>49346677
Making the box bigger with higher definition doesn't really change it from a box.

But I guess FWfags are immune to such things.
>>
>>49338043
Just a touch paranoid, aren't we?
As long as the hardware exists, the workarounds will be freely distributed.
>>
>>49346700

It is not the same shape as previously argued. Also When people describe a design as being a box or boxy they are typically talking about it looking cramped and/or like a square. So yes, making it longer typically helps solve that issue.

That anon could have been trying to make a different point but the design of the FW hull is different.
>>
>old and new Russ are identical
>FW Russ is totally different
>wake me up inside.jpg
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.