[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masterpieces: Kaladesh Inventions to follow the retconned Masterpieces:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 407
Thread images: 58

File: en_y8smQPJEaH.png (200KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_y8smQPJEaH.png
200KB, 265x370px
Masterpieces: Kaladesh Inventions to follow the retconned Masterpieces: Zendikar Expeditions. Masterpieces will be a part of every block going forward.

Thoughts? I like consolidating box value into these blingy shits, makes the rest of the sets singles that much cheaper
>>
The borders are sexy as hell. The art actually looks like something. The actual set is looking to be halfway decent. I see no reason to complain
>>
File: i dunno.jpg (18KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
i dunno.jpg
18KB, 500x327px
>finally a product line for reprinting Legacy and EDH shit without having to print a whole set
They should have done this years ago. I just wish they'd print more.
>>
File: wat.png (177KB, 881x326px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
177KB, 881x326px
>>4930894
>talks about making older cards more accessible
>reprints them on a rarity that makes them even more expensive than their originals

oh come on, this is so obviously bullshit, why even mention it?
>>
Seems like Jews of the Coast strikes again!
>>
>>49308943
>Masterpiece cards can be played in any Limited format they're opened in

As someone who gave up on non-proxied Constructed, I'm actually sort of mad that limited games will be even more influenced by luck of the draw, especially when you can occasionally get something WAY out of whack for the set it's in.
>>
>>49309041
Its the only way to ensure they dont ruin the prices of the original. As a proud lucksack im tradeing in my foil mana crypt from em for one of these.
>>
>>49308969
This. Kaladesh is shaping up to be my new favorite.
>>
you know the set's value is shit when they have to resort to the Expedition formula
>>
>>49308943
>thoughts

>set have no value
RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>set have high value

>set have expeditions

>set have masterpieces

>set have $100 bill inserted in packs

>set have diamonds in packs

>set have fleshlights in packs

>set have whores in packs
>>
>>49309105
They plan on doing this for all sets now.

Also kaladesh looks to be decent.
>>
>>49309041
>Warped how the product was selling.
Perhaps you should print more of them then?
>>
>>49308943
This is good news for me as an EDH player. Every reprinting of Mana Crypt makes it more common which means it's more likely they ban this fucking piece of shit card.
>>
>>49309068
Sure the ones shown are powerful. But you would be surprised how rarely they truly effect a limited game. Takeing 3 a turn from crypt isnt a heathey game plan if you didnt shit out a game ending bomb with it.
>>
>>49309125
Good. Do this to reserved list shit.
>>
>>49309084
>I'm mad there is now a 3/144 every player will get a bonkers good card in their limited pool. I only play limited once every 3 months you see, and the potential for someone to randomly open a good card, even if that person is me, seriously detracts from the quality of the game
>>
>>49309119
>Magic_Community_Simulator.exe

>>49309105
>There's good things in this set
>That's how you know it's shit
Case in point
>>
>>49309137
Turn one. Land. crypt. Soul ring. 4 drop. Pass
>>
>>49309119
Hey, I'd REEE pretty hard too if they put a prostitute in my pack.
>All I wanted was a $3 pack, now I have to pay $20 for a handjob.
>>
>>49309198
>Soul Ring
Loul
>>
>>49309198
Scoop gg

but it wasn't
it was
bg
>>
>>49309195
>there is a set
>that's how you know it's shit
>also magic is dead
>>
where are you getting all these updates from?
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 267x189px
>MADE EXPEDITIONS FOR EVERY SET
>LESS FREQUENT THAN THE EXPIDITIONS
>WE FUCKING DID IT GOYS
3 0 P I E C E S O F S I L V E R
>>
>>49308943
That is one sexy bitch of a card. Much sexier than those ugly ass expedition lands.
>>
>>49309433

These are straight off mothership

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/masterpiece-series-2016-09-12
>>
>>49308943
I dislike this "ultra super rarity" but at least they have Volkan Baga do all of the cool powerful old mana cards. See: Moxes (Both new ones and MtGO) and now Mana Vault
>>
how this addresses eternal format accessibility I do not know because Expeditions did not drive the prices of any of the reprints down and this wont either.
>>
>>49309667
>Namefag gets it wrong
Shocker
>>
File: 1415633478243.jpg (17KB, 423x615px) Image search: [Google]
1415633478243.jpg
17KB, 423x615px
>>49309667
>Mana Vault
>>
>>49309198
>Mishra's Workshop
>Sol Ring
>Mana Crypt
>Thorn of Amethyst
>Tangle Wire
Are we having fun yet?
>>
>>49308943
We were optimistic that players would like Zendikar Expeditions, but the response was even more positive than we anticipated. As we watched, we started realizing something.

First, social media was filled with stories and pictures of people opening Zendikar Expeditions. We loved seeing this and being able to be part of the community's excitement.

Second, we noticed that people not only enjoyed opening the Zendikar Expeditions, they enjoyed playing with them as well. It was a way to make the opponent sit up and take notice when you played a card. "Is that a Zendikar Expedition?" "Why yes, it is." We had created a new kind of "bling" that players enjoyed. Hmm, a solution to challenge #3.

Third, all of Zendikar Expeditions (with the exception of the Battle for Zendikar rare duals) were cards that players had wanted reprints of. We had already tried putting old, powerful reprints into Standard-legal sets, but the impact on Standard was problematic. Zendikar Expeditions got the reprints into booster packs of a Standard-legal set without creating this problem. It wasn't a total solution, but it was at least another step in helping alleviate it. It also allowed us to find a solution that our bread-and-butter sets could help with. Hmm, a way to address challenge #2.

Fourth, we found that Zendikar Expeditions drove more players into the Battle for Zendikar block, which resulted in greater accessibility for all the non-Expeditions cards. Zendikar Expeditions actually made it easier to play Standard. Hmm, a way to address challenge #1.

So when we stood back and analyzed what Zendikar Expeditions had done, we realized that it made Standard more accessible, it got players access to older cards, and it provided alternatives for deck building. It wasn't a total solution for every challenge, but it helped address all of them. This, of course, led us to ask, "Is this something we should be doing more often?"
>>
>>49309881
My bad, yeah Mana Crypt. Who knows maybe they'll throw in a Mana Vault too. Shit hasn't been reprinted in forever
>>
File: combustiblegearhulk.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
combustiblegearhulk.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
Are we just... not talking about the new spoilers? The non-Masterpiece ones, I mean? I can't find any spoiler threads except this one.
>>
>>49310178
You just missed it then, there were tons of responses to it.

I like this approach to red card advantage and am glad they are continuing with it. Slapping it in Feldon EDH as well.
>>
>>49310178
Holy shit this is terrible. Red wants to be able to cast lots of stuff very quickly, so CMCs need to be low. You're basically losing the top 3 cards of your library to deal about 3 damage to an opponent, because nobody's going to give you 3 cards.
>>
>>49310178
http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/49306280/
>>
>>49308943
I'm happy I got my shit straight and stopped when I saw the expedition. I for one will enjoy seeing magic bootlicker defend their new "secret rare" rarity.
>>
>>49310265
>>49310322
Oh wow, thank you. Must have been hidden by the page refresh or something. Thanks!
>>
File: greed.jpg (116KB, 647x456px) Image search: [Google]
greed.jpg
116KB, 647x456px
>>
>>49309132
then you overinvest in a niche product with limited audience
>>
>>49310385
>You now have the chance to pull a secret rare, why aren't you thanking us Goy
Remind me of the Mythic debate.
>>
>>49309473
>>49309667
>>49310385
To explain this for anyone not into economics

These are value sinks.

Because the expected value of any given set will always dip to msrp eventually( because when its higher people will keep buying cracking and selling it until the supply is high enough thats no longer true) that means set value is limited, and thus has to be split between all cards in a set. This used to make all the tourney tier mythics super expensive and lock people out of standard but now these expeidtions are sucking those price points away making the standasrd cards over all cheaper.

People need to buy a SHITTTON OF BOXES to make a profit off these sets because the expeditions are so rare; that will in turn flood the market with loads and loads of every other card in the set, making standard cheaper for all.

This is mtg wealth distribution; those rich asholes blinging out there edh decks are basically paying for your standard playsets.
>>
>>49310438
>making standard cheaper for all.
Only for the card nobody use, but /tg/ is awful at magic so they wouldn't know.
>>
They should have made Eternal Masters not shit, and they wouldn't need to turn Standard expansion sets into lottery tickets. Not to mention these things aren't "giving people access to older cards" when they're rarer and just as expensive as their original counterparts.
>>
>>49310319
it's not gonna see play in rdw, but it might be viable in some kind of recursion deck where getting cards in hand or graveyard is gas either way, and definitely gonna see some janky erratic explosion type deck
>>
>>49310499
it really is suprising on how bad eternal master was (Balance at mythic HAH)

While conspiracy 2 was full of amazing reprints.
>>
FIFTY masterpiece cards per block

We're gonna get Arcbound Ravager, Mox Opal, practically every artifact of note.

This is marketing genius. We're all going to spend SO much time arguing about what cards will be in Amonkhet Masterpieces, and never mind once we hit a return block...

Personally I'm holding out for Masterpiece Nicol Bolas. 8 mana for a 7/7 flyer? I'd probably even play it in Limited.
>>
I'm alright with this it isn't near as bad as yugioh secret rares it's just some rare cards that pop up once in a while that don't really affect the set of cards that much it seems
>>
>>49310178
In response, i hexproofed myself :^)
>>
>>49310499
he's not saying these make older cards mire accessable, h 's saying they make newer cards more accessible due to high supply.
>>
>>49310587
Not happening unless they print more Which will never happen since they lived through 90's hockey card crisis
>>
It replaces the common right, like a normal foil?

Doesn't sound that bad.
>>
>caring about lottery tickets in boosters instead of just ordering the singles you want

Fuck off retards.
>>
>>49310610
yes. basically the foil mythic pool in this set includes the masterpiece artifacts.
>>
With expeditions, 90% of the people that opened one saw something they could sell for most of a standard deck. Then there was one or two guys who wanted to bring out their modern jund manabase. It's the same thing as the fetches in khans, everything else in this set will be dirt cheap.
>>
>>49310609
or if people who would otherwise hoard boxes have to open them to find expenditions to actually get value out if their purchase.
>>
>>49310482
Each expedition is coming with 2159 other cards from the pack. That means these are eighteen times rarer than the rarest cards in the set.

Once the boxes drop to $100 even the most valuable card in the set will see a steep price cut because of the price of the masterpeices
>>
>>49310319
You've never heard of Big Red, have you? Red is just as happy going high as it is going low.
>>
>>49310426
Yeah but the Masterpieces aren't even effecting standard.

They're not some standard staple that's suddenly going to be in high demand.
>>
>>49310319

You don't play it in a burn deck you fuckin tard
>>
>>49310438
We'll see when and if any of the preorder prices go down over time.
>>
83 % you'll open a box without an Expedition. These boxes, on average, will yield slightly less than you paid for the box, giving you about $90 of cards at eBay prices, minus fees and shipping.
3.4 % you'll open a box with a slowland for your Expedition. These boxes will make you a little bit of money, giving you about $140 of cards at eBay minus fees and shipping.
6.8 % you'll open a box with a shockland as your Expedition. These boxes will make you a good profit. You should be able to double your investment and sell the contents for right around $200 at eBay minus fees and shipping.
4.08 % you'll open a non-blue fetchland as your Expedition. These boxes will make you slightly more than the shockland boxes, and you should be able to sell the contents for about $250 at eBay minus fees and shipping.
2.72 % you'll open a blue fechland as your Expedition. These boxes should allow you to triple or even quadruple your initial investment and sell the contents for somewhere between $325 and $425 at eBay minus fees and shipping.
Opening a single box is incredibly risky. While getting $90 is fine, it isn't quite to the breakeven point. Even if you get lucky and open an Expedition, 20 percent of the time this will be a slowland which will turn your box from a slight loss into a slight gain. It's really the 13.6 % of boxes that contain a shockland or fetchland Expedition that make the entire process of opening boxes a money winner.

What this means is that until you are willing to open one and a half or two cases, you really can't feel safe opening a box to make a profit. While it is still possible to get unlucky at this point, once you start opening BFZ by the case you are likely to even out the variance. As a result, Battle for Zendikar is great for big vendors, or even mid-sized dealers who will be opening case upon case of Battle for Zendikar. They know that every single box they open is money in the bank.
>>
>>49310549
That boggles my fucking mind too. Conspiracy looked great, but somehow EMN was just "shove this shit in, that'll do pig".
>>
>>49310499
>these things aren't "giving people access to older cards" when they're rarer and just as expensive as their original counterparts
The simple fact that there are more of them gives access. They don't have to be printed like fucking stamps to grow the pool.
>>
>>49310580
Heron's Grace continues to pay for herself. :^)
>>
>>49310587
>"Players were having trouble getting access to older, more powerful cards."

Says it right there in >>49309041. This is to get people access to older cards, but the only two ways to get them are either cracking packs/boxes or getting them singly (either via buying, trading or what have you).

If they really cared about accessibility to the older formats, they'd just make EMA/EMN unlimited print runs and commit to really getting the format's cost down.

They don't though, so we get these Masterpieces, which won't drop prices of the originals, while these will go for way more than the people who want to get into older formats but cant, will be able or willing to pay.

This is lip service to trying to get people into older formats.
>>
>>49310693
>Each expedition is coming with 2159 other cards from the pack. That means these are eighteen times rarer than the rarest cards in the set.
But those 2159 other cards would have been there anyways. It's not like they have changed how much they would have printed for them. The only people it really affect are the big seller who open more every set than you will in your entire life.
>>
>>49310736
They are.
By pulling away value from the rest of the set.

BFZ's value without the expeditions was barely 90 bucks, and that was on RELEASE day .

Vendors are going to be buying CASES of the set because thats consistent profit off of masterpice selling

But that means you have mounds and mounds of the other cards in the set.

With a supply increases to stupid levels the prices will plummet because of the basic law of economics.

Cards loose value as time goes on in proportion to there rarity as compared to the rarest cards in the set.

With just mythics the spread is 1:8 to 88:8

with Masterpices it's 1:144 to 1584:144

are to put it every term

For every single Masterpiece sold you are adding to circulation aprox:

18 mythics

36 rares

521 Uncommons

1584 Commons

Bfz prices outside the top end of the rare slots were basically dirt.

it's most expensive non expeidtion was Gideon and we all know whats up with his value.
>>
>>49310974
>the only way to get the cards is to buy them
HOLY SHIT GUYS, THESE COMPANIES ACTUALLY WANTS US TO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS INSTEAD OF GIVING THEM FOR FREE. WHAT THE FUCK?
>>
File: verdurousgearhulkpromo.jpg (57KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
verdurousgearhulkpromo.jpg
57KB, 265x370px
>>49308943
Masterpieces / Expeditions
Huh. Alright cool.

>Look more into is and find this shit.
Alright... Now this is not ok. Not at all.
>>
>>49311021
>BFZ's value without the expeditions was barely 90 bucks
>BFZ playability value was barely above 0.
There's only one reason BFZ sold and it wasn't because the set was good.
>>
>>49311061

Is this actually any rarer than a normal Foil copy would be?
>>
>>49310999
That's the entire point. Supply and demand . Those sellers cracking those huge volumes will be left with literally mountains of every other card in the set ; and supply that high means cheap prices.

It's math and economics. The expected value of a box will always stabilize to its ev, that means after the big sellers cash out with those cases and cases , the price points of the boxs will have to lower because by definition they will be cracked and resold until its not profitable.

That means that a set like Kaladesh will HAVE to be worth around 110 maybe 120 in ev once it stabilizes .

Becasue the Masterpices are sol valuable and rare, very little of that price drop off will be coming off of there prices.

Or to say it another way, big sellers will buy and crack it until the masterpiece prices drop to the point were its not worth it; buy the time that happens everything else in the set will be dirty cheap because the masterpieces will always be several orders of magnitude more valuable than the rest of the set.

It's one pie but now you have a huge fatass eating half of it.

No matter how big a slice of half a pie you take, it's still half a pie.

Mythics that would be liek 40 bucks are gonna be 20 and rares will probably cap off at about 4 for the best ones(probbaly lands) and 1 for everything else.
>>
>>49311062
Well yeah it was a shit set, but expeditions are going to take almost half the sets entire value .

That means cheap buylist prices for everyone; easy money for big sellers and loaddasales for wotc. Even the richassholes get new bling.

Literally no one is worse off and almost every mtg group benefits massively.
>>
>>49311126
>That's the entire point. Supply and demand
No, the entire point is playability, any rare or mythic that see play outside of standard will actually be in the 20 to 50$ range. The bargain bin rare will keep being bargain bin because nobody want them outside of shitty EDH or gimmick build.
>>
>>49310438
>To explain this for anyone not into economics
>These are value sinks.

I already know what they do brah
Doesn't mean I can't dislike them, especially since they'll impact Limited which I play the most. Same reason why I dislike Mythics. At least these'll be rarer
>>
>>49311281
>they'll impact Limited
Will they? What do they replace?
>>
>>49311093
Significantly.
>>
>>49311093
An Invention is less rare than a foil mythic.
>>
>>49311304
nothing; one masterpiece will show up in every 12 pods.
>>
>>49310609
Sellers need to buy by the case to make profit off of masterpieces, but when they due its guaranteed.

this encourages sellers to flood the market with mountains of standard legal cards just to get the handful of lottery tickets.

Basically, crackers buy and crack until the supply tanks the value, then they stop and the costs of the cards stabilizes.

Usually this means when all those chase mythics that define standard become to cheap to profit on .

Now instead fo stopping then, they will keep going until the Masterpiece prices stabalize.

But since those masterpieces are so valuable by the time they stabilize, even the mythics will be cheap.
>>
>>49309041
Well, they get more copies of them into the world. Not a lot but at least some.

Also, opening one of the bling cards means you can sell it and buy the cards you actually need for older formats.

It's a win-win for everyone. Wizards sells more cards and people get extra value and lower Standard prices.
>>
>>49311045

>HOLY SHIT GUYS, I CAN'T READ. WHAT THE FUCK?
>>
>>49310684
dingdingding

>>49310634
the former helps the later

Masterpieces basically make all the other cards the paper lottery tickets are printed on; not very valuable
>>
>>49311559
But you can't actually play them right?
>>
>>49311672
you can.

although five of them will just be the gearhulks
>>
>>49311689
Hey, better than getting the normal gearhulk foils.
>>
File: 1473560389125.jpg (202KB, 1125x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1473560389125.jpg
202KB, 1125x1125px
>the border looks cool as fuck

I am entirely okay with this.
>>
>>49308943
>anonymous artificer

URZA CONFIRMED
>>
>>49308943
Are masterpieces standard legal, or only made from standard legal cards?
>>
>>49311893
>Not Gix
>>
>>49312389
masterpiece reprints are not standard legal. Any that are new prints of the set ,for kaladesh the gearhulk cycle, are.
>>
>>49310438
If the expeditions are good, like fetchlands.
If they're bad like OGW, they'll get the set more opened that if they didn't exist, but not with the same intensity. 1 Wasteland was wonderful, but 7/10 of the fetchlands were worth as much.

This has gearhulks in, those shits won't be worth a dime and anyone who opens them while looking for the Mana Crypt will be pissed.
>>
>>49312389
They're not standard legal, but they're legal in any limited format they're pulled in. So basically, someone's going to stomp a prerelease somewhere with a Mana Crypt.
>>
>>49310499
The only bad thing about EMA was it being limited.
If it wasn't limited Show & Tell would be piss cheap now save for the Volcanic Islands, CoT and Intuition.
>>
>>49312493
>This has gearhulks in, those shits won't be worth a dime
Nigger what? This is Midrange: the Zookeeping. Every deck is going to run gearhulks. I wouldn't be surprised to see 4+ in every top deck. And when every deck needs 4 of a mythic, that mythic gets expensive.
>>
>>49310385

Oh yeah, those Zedikar expeditions really helped drive down the price of Ancient Tomb, the Enemy Fetchlands, and all the other rare cards that need to be reprinted to actually be affordable.

Good grief, pull the other one MaRo, it's got bells on it.
>>
>the Masterpieces use actual bronze metal print

Niiceeeeeee
>>
>>49310438
The problem is that they are being touted as a way to improve the availability (which I'm pretty sure is WotC code for "lower the price") of the megamythics, but they're being reprinted in homeopathic amounts, it won't actually affect the price much.
>>
>>49310554
Masterpieces have to be flavor rlevent.

Can kaldesh just build an archbound ravager?
>>
>>49313036
Not the original price of the cards. But they still release more copies of the cards into the world. And the masterpieces are random extra money in packs.

It also means staple cards from the KLD block will take a while to become expensive because tons have been opened.
>>
>>49313053
I don't see why not. Just don't expect things like Coalition Relic, Blightsteel Colossus, Mycosynth Lattice and the like. Platinum Angel might be a thing, though.
>>
>>49311197
Its pliability is unaffected by the masterpice, but adding the masterpiece will drop the value of EVERY other card in the set. of course the better cards will lose less value, but they all will go down because of the overwhelming value and rarity of the masterpiece slot. The price of all the cards in teh set has a hard economic limit, adding expensive masterpieces in super super rare counts will pull the prices away from other cards. Worst case scenario everything aside from like the top ten tournie cards would be bulk and even then standard buyins are cheaper.

Its flooding demand with overwhelming supply
>>
>>49311442
>>49311093
>>49311061
Inventions are 18 times rarer than mythics and 3 times rarer than a mythic foil
>>
>>49313156
They are slightly more common than a mythic foil of a regular mythic in the set.
>>
>>49313185
arenet foils six times the cards raiarty?
>>
> Just remember that the copper coloring is all metallic on the actual cards.

the TRUE question is: will it be possible to metaldetect/ IR/UV that shit without opening a booster?
>>
>>49313156
Do you have anything to back that up?
From the mothership article itself:
>The Masterpiece Series will exist at a rarity higher than mythic rare. For example, in Kaladesh, you will open a Kaladesh Inventions card roughly 1 out of every 144 boosters. (Technically, the Kaladesh booster pack says the ratio is 1:2,160 cards.) This is slightly more often than opening a premium mythic rare. These ratios may change for future sets.
>>
>>49313210
Usually yes but Masterpieces affect the way print sheets have to be organized.
>>
>>49313229
My foil math was wrong apparently.

But they are 18 times rarer than mythics.

Mythics are in 1 in 8 packs these are in 1 in 144.

>>49313219
probs tested for that. otherwsie big vendors would just filter out the masterpiece packs and sell off the bulk packs uncracked for massive profit.
>>
>>49313229
>>49313299
how many mythics are there in kaladesh?
it could be that you open A mythid foil less often than one invention, but you open a green foil mythic gearhulk MORE often than its invention counterpart if there are more mythics than inventions.

given that the invention will be foil and with copper it's just a bit stupid that the mythic rare foil version will be more common.
>>
So... Skipping the shitposting for five seconds, what are we thinking will be in this thing?

Artifact theme, ignoring the reserve list the first things that come to mind:

Aether Vial
Ensnaring Bridge
Sol Ring
Mox Diamond
Mox Opal
Darksteel/Scars block Sword Cycle

Thoughts?
>>
>>49313299
>probs tested for that. otherwsie big vendors would just filter out the masterpiece packs and sell off the bulk packs uncracked for massive profit.

well if they haven't tested hard enough that's exactly what will happen.
fortunately it would only impact minimally most players and probably not at all most big vendors. they would just take their shady cut sitting in a corner with their metaldetector.

hell there is a chance it might even make boxes even cheaper for the common users.
>>
File: worlds smallest thopter.jpg (86KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
worlds smallest thopter.jpg
86KB, 1000x1000px
>>49313388
O R N I T H O P T E R
R
N
I
T
H
O
P
T
E
R

You know it will happen.
>>
>>49313388
Ensnaring bridge doesn't have the flavor.
Aether Vial does, a ton.
I can see the moxes too.

Hoping for a Crucible of Worlds myself.
>>
>>49313388
They need to be abale to be made of kaladesh so

Mana Vault
Winter Orb
Sol Ring
Meekstone
what else
>>
>>49310409
It doesn't cost more to print one piece of cardboard over another. If they reprint good stuff, then people will buy them even if they don't intend to play with them. It's a sound investment, but it would likely piss of casuals who can't get them fast enough because they will all get bought up by the asshole collectors, market manipulators, and vendors. WotC still makes heaps of money either way.
>>
>>49313436
>Buy booster box
>Crack a Masterpiece
>It's a full art mythic foil of a common reprinted several times
>Affinity players will still want their playsets
>Ends up being worth way more than we thought
>mfw
>>
>>49313431
the whole point is for them to crack so many packs they flood the market with the cards you need for standard, if they just filter them out withotu cracking theres no real price drop
>>
>>49313490
>open Winter Orb in Draft
>laugh maniacally for four entire hours
>die
>>
File: FTBFw8o.jpg (121KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
FTBFw8o.jpg
121KB, 1200x500px
>>49313482
Its kaladesh a mecha bridge with vines coming out fits totally.

they have giant robots with trees in them
>>
>>49313490
Force field, pithing needle, sensei's divining top, mana vault, grim monolith, memory jar...
>>
>>49313482
Some cunt could have modded a bridge on Kaladesh... plus it's not like a reprint wouldn't be appreciated.

>>49313490
From the art spoiled, snow doesn't look like it's a feature on the plane. Unless their winter is just a bit darker, or it's contained in a room or container, Winter Orb seems off the table.
>>
This set is shit.
>>
>>49313508
There are not enough people in the buying supplementals market to justify more than limited runs ; thus it being called supplemental.
>>
>>49313542
THE RACK.
>>
>>49313536
>>49313545
Yeah ok, now I kind of want it to happen.
>>
>>49308943
>Karn came and gave the Fair a Mana Crypt because "lol why not" and to show them true power
>"A giant robot was just here and gave us a thing that could power our entire city on its own. What should do with it?"
>"Just put it with the rest of the entries, Lombol."
>"O-okay, sure."
>>
>>49313545
Winter Orb isn't snow; its a refrigeration device.
>>
>>49313542
No Sensei's on the plane = no Sensei's Divining Top. All reprints are flavorful, MaRo explained by saying this is why we're not getting a Jitte.

>>49313535
LIVING THE DREAM

>>49313583
No proof that Kaladeshians have a need to store meat.
>>
>>49313542
>>49313545
>>49313535
>>49313511
>yfw We are judging and talking about the winners and losers and entries in the Inventors Fair ITSELF

TOP TIER META
>>
>>49313542
Aether Vial, Chalice of the void, Lodestone Golem, Sphere of Resistance...
>>
MORE SPOILERS WHEN
>>
>>49313600
>we dont see them eating meat or it being cold that means it never happens.
>>
>ghost rare is officially a thing in every set now
>>
>>49313600
Sensei is a pretty nonspecific term.
>>
>>49312508
>>49312454
That's cool.
I can't see this being a bad thing, they're just blinged-up reprints then.
Do you get to keep what you pull after draft toureys? I can see a few people being PISSSED otherwise.
>>
>>49313603

>"Ramesh, i have my entry for the competition... It's a needle you stick in people's necks"
>"...Why is this a thing?"
>"You take the needle, Ramesh... and you put it in people's necks... I call it, THE PITHING NEEDLE"
>"...We can't enter this... It's fucking brutal..."
>" WE MUST, FOR THE AETHER, RAMESH."
>>
>>49313636
Except "ghost rares" in other TCGs are powerful cards that have only ever been printed at that super rarity.
It' closest to Pokémon's full arts.
>>
>>49313640
True, but i'm not sure why a card from a japanese themed set would use the same localised term in an Indian/Steampunk themed set... Would love a sweet top though.
>>
File: 129.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
129.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>49313603
>BEHOLD, my masterpiece.
>>
>>49313636
Ghost rares are original cards. These are just reprints.
>>
>>49313659
>Someone makes a sol ring
>>
File: because_it_expands_my_dong.jpg (11KB, 256x200px) Image search: [Google]
because_it_expands_my_dong.jpg
11KB, 256x200px
>>49313573
>mfw Karn is the jewel in the Masterpiece crown
>>
>>49313659
Goddamn your lack of vision Ramesh!
>>
>>49313647
If you play at a store that's worth a shit, yes. If you play at some place that does rare redrafting then they'll try to bully you after the game to put your rares in a pile and draft them over again as a "prize". Of course nothing is stopping you from saying no and leaving after the games.
>>
>>49313702
>"RAMESH! I have created a boomerang with razors attatched to it! You throw it, it cuts throats and returns to your hand!"
>"How do you catch it without cutting yourself?"
>"...You've always been too focussed on the specifics, Ramesh..."
>>
File: Octavarium.jpg (4KB, 217x248px) Image search: [Google]
Octavarium.jpg
4KB, 217x248px
>>49313716
>Masterpiece Karn
>>
>every pack is going to be more like a lottery ticket!
>because Battle for Zendikar was great :^)

Kill me
>>
>>49313659
>"Ramesh, I made a sword that is literally made out of fire and ice!"
>"Okay, cool, what use does it have in everyday life?"
>"You could freeze and fry someone AT THE SAME TIME WITH IT!!"
>"Baati, you know we haven't had a war in decades, yet alone any real armed conflicts at all, right?"
>"FREEZE AND COOK SOMEONE AT THE SAME TIME, RAMESH!!!"
>"Baati, what even gave you the idea to make this? r u ok?"
>"FIIIIREEEE AND IIICEEEE RAMESHHHSHH"
>>
>>49313773
>>49313716

Inb4 it's creature Karn and not walker Karn...
>>
>>49310580
That's now how choosing works, you little shit.
>>
>>49313610
>I call it THE ORB OF CONFUSION
>wha... I thought we agreed to call it the Sphere of Resistance!
>don't be ridiculous, we discussed this thoroughly the day before submission
>but I already entered the name!
>>
>>49313785
>It's mask Ramesh, a mask made of NEEDLES
>What the hell is wrong with you?
>Fuck control
>>
>>49313785
>"I call it, the KNOWLEDGE POOL, RAMESH!"
>"Sounds great, Baati! What does it do?"
>"...ALWAYS WITH THE QUESTIONS, RAMESH."
>>
>>49310438

Do people actually think this?

>set has bonkers cards
>set also has ultra unlimited rare shit
>WOW THIS IS GONNA MAKE ALL THE BEST CARDS 20 BUCKS MAX STANDARD IS CHEAP!

No you fucking retards. People will still value their shit high and shops won't drop their prices till aether.
>>
>>49313659
>>49313759
>>49313785
>>49313812
>>49313823
>>49313827

I fucking love this thread.
>>
>>49313827
>>49313823
>>49313812
>So what is it?
>It's a chime that goes off when an apocalyptic event begins.
>Interesting, the ability to predict serious events like that would be a great use. What do you call it?
>I call it APOCALYPSE CHIME
>>
>>49313852
Supply and demand; you need to crack so many packs to profit from the Masterpieces that by the time the boxes ev stabilizes the market will be flooded . Even the top tier mythic is going to have a price drop just because so many of it are in circulation. And because the rarrity and value of the masterpieces is so high up by the time they stabilize almost all the value would be pulled from the lower rarirties.

You will probs only see shit get crazy after a tournament spike
>>
quick question, if you happen to pull a masterpiece during pre-release sealed, can you put it in your deck or do you have to put it aside? I mean, if it isn't a standard legal masterpiece like gauntlet of power
>>
>"Okay but what does it DO?"
>"I already told you: It DOES nothing?"
>"If it doesn't do anything then what DOES it do?"
>"RAMESH I ALREADY TOLD YOU! It DOES nothing!"
>"It's okay if you didn't finish it in time. You can always compete next year, Reel."
>"RAAAAMEEEEEESHH!"
>>
>>49313897
You were allowed to use expeditions in limited if you opened them so I imagine you can use these as well
>>
File: 1361547021552.jpg (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1361547021552.jpg
6KB, 253x199px
>>49313870
>Apocalypse chime reprint
>It still only kills Homeland cards
>>
>>49313870
>look up this cards
>Homelands is so bad even Homelands hates homelands
ahahaha what the hell man?
>>
>>49313897
Yes, you can use it in Limited. As stated in the article. You open it, you are allowed to play it. Just don't try to proxy it with a sharpied Island, though.
>>
>>49313909
>Draft it anyway because it would still be worth like ten bucks
>>
>>49313897
You can use it in every limited game you open it in. AKA think of that lucky son of a bitch getting mana crypt T1 in each game-day battle.
>>
>>49313785
>>49313659
>Ramesh and Kumar, the highly successful Kaladesh state-owned sit-com
>Kumar is the straight man, always having to deal with his room mate Kumar's crazy inventions
>Ramesh have a low-level government job and Kumar has been an employed "entrepreneur" for five years
>The stock plot is Kumar latest get-rich-quick invention create [problem], Ramesh gets mad but they pull together and solve it
>A colourful supporting cast accompanies them
>The show took a surprisingly dark twist at the end of season seven when Ramesh's love interest, an Aetherborn qt that's been teasing him for months dies in his arms
>The show was almost cancelled while they tried to work out how they got it past the censors
>Only it's eminence and popularity kept the show on air but one of the two head writers was forced into early retirement.
>>
>not pulling a mana crypt from a target pack

lol noobs
>>
>>49313909
I would never stop laughing if this actually happened
>>
>>49313932
>>>Kumar is the straight man, always having to deal with his room mate Kumar's crazy inventions
>>
>>49313932
FUND IT

Or make a tumblr webcomic out of it. There's not enough Magic webcomics out there.
>>
>>49313950
>Ramesh is the straight man, always having to deal with his room mate Kumar's crazy inventions

Oh, I'm a fuck-up.
>>
>>49313796
Creature karn would make more sense because walker karn is technically not an artifact anymore, and we want to stay flavourfull right ? :^)
>>
File: Null Rod.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Null Rod.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>>49313907
>>49313917
>>49313924
Awesome! Now let's hope they do a masterpiece Null Rod and I pull it.

FUCK YOU INVENTORS FAIR!!!
>>
>>49313932
>The Aetherborn dies in his arms after a mysterious pyromancer goes apeshit on the plane.

RAMESH AND KUMAR. OUR NEW KALADESHI MASCOTS.

>"RAMESH. DID YOU THROW OUT MY RELIC OF DARKSTEEL?"
>"You mean that lump of metal you left sitting around? I thought it was a doorstop."
>"IT WAS INDESTRUCTIBLE, RAMESH."
>"So why leave it on the floor??"
>"TO TEST ITS DESTRUCTABILTY."
>>
>>49313977
>Creature Karn reprinted
>Collectors get assmad
>>
>>49313978
It's on the Reserved List, sadly. I just had some fun.
>>
>>49313932
The arc with the brain helmet seemed stupid , why did he make it worse by having it hurt its wearerer? totally unusable now
>>
>>49313999
Collectors almost always get assmad, don't they ?
>>
>>49313993
GET THE DRAWFAGS ON IT
>>
>>49313810
The card says "target opponent."
>>
>>49313940
>not pulling a Masterpiece Mana Crypt and a Sol Ring on your PreRelease box

lmao
>>
>>49314031
I get assmad for now having to collect even more shit.
>>
>>49313388
Mox Diamond is reserve list.
>>
I want a masterpiece Sword of Fire and Ice.
>>
>>49313999
Collectors wouldn't care, it's the investors who would throw a shitfit.
>>
File: 1412193311873.jpg (35KB, 192x279px) Image search: [Google]
1412193311873.jpg
35KB, 192x279px
>>49313993
>people on Kaladesh
>Having access to Darksteel
>>
>>49314035
DRAWFAGS, WHERE ARE THOSE OF YOU AMONG US WHO HAVE SOME OUNCE OF TALENT.

We need an artistic basis for them first. I want Kumar to have the wonky goggles on his head, maybe a gap in his front teeth and a face that looks like he's that annoying retarded friend you had in school that you wish you could get rid of but love them too much.
>>
>Ramesh, I welded a skull onto a battering ram
>That sounds awful and why does it have legs?
>That's so you can get inside it and drive it into the enemy! It will heal you whenever you hit something.
>I don't think that's how healing works
>I threw some garbage in earlier and the germs that are piloting it now seem to be feeling great.
>>
>>49314079
>Elf girl uses her portal more
>A black disc of metal falls out instead of a vase
>All attempts to melt it, bend it, use it, or do anything with it fail
>She uses it as a doorstop
>>
>>49314079
They're already making planar portals and shit. Who's to say they havent fingered phyrexia for a bit of metal.
>>
File: Grindstone.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Grindstone.png
131KB, 223x311px
>>49313932
>Kumar why did you make this?
>Well you see Ramesh...
>Yes?
>I have no idea
>No idea about what?
>Sorry what were we talking about?
>Was it my new invention maybe?
>Yes it usually is, so why did you make this?
>Well you see Ramesh...
>>
File: 1342706539273.gif (903KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1342706539273.gif
903KB, 400x300px
>>49314126
>>
>>49314108
>I threw some garbage in there and the germs feel great

10/10 good sir, you win this round.
>>
THEY'RE HERE
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/masterpiece-series-kaladesh-inventions-2016-09-12
>>
>>49314126
>"I CAN'T HEAR YOU, RAMESH!"
>"WHAT DID YOU MAKE THIS TIIMEEE, KUMAAAR?"
>"WHAAAT, RAMESH?"
>"WHAT IS THIS THIING?"
>"YOU NEED TO SPEAK UP, RAMESH! I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE GRINDING SOUNDS OF MY GIANT MILLSTONE!"
>>
>What does this one do, Kumar?
>It hums.
>>
File: en_uaxxoNzDon.png (180KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_uaxxoNzDon.png
180KB, 265x370px
Ultimate EDH blinged version
>>
>>49314141
PRETTY
>>
>>49314141
Holy shit, all of the art is good.
>>
>>49314141
Fuck! I'm hard now!
>>
File: en_3lbSoCdmIJ.png (207KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_3lbSoCdmIJ.png
207KB, 265x370px
I TOLD YOU THIS WAS A MOX OPAL
>>
>>49314141
>Aether Vial
>Chrome Mox
>Crucible of Worlds
>Lightning Greaves
>Lotus Petal
>Mana Vault
>Mox Opal
>Painter's Servant
>Scroll Rack
>Sol Ring
>Solemn Simulacrum
>Sword of Feast and Famine
>Sword of Fire and Ice
>Sword of Light and Shadow

SWEET LORDY
>>
>>49314141
>Crucible of Worlds
>Sword of Fire and Ice
>Mana Vault
>Sol Ring
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>49314141
I assume the other 24 masterpieces will be in Aether Revolt?
>>
File: en_HQv0KcxKlr.png (191KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_HQv0KcxKlr.png
191KB, 265x370px
FUCK YES
>>
>look ramesh, I have made wurm.
>oh that's neat baati.
>but wait
>there is more
>because in wurm
>is two wurm
>>
>>49314202
Correct.
>>
File: en_cvV8HwXVdL.png (200KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_cvV8HwXVdL.png
200KB, 265x370px
>that scroll rack art
HNNNG OTHER PARFAITBRO WHERE YOU AT
>>
File: crucible.png (188KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
crucible.png
188KB, 265x370px
>>
>>49314141
Sweet merciful fuck those are nice.
>>49314202
We will be seeing something like that every set, so yes
>>
>>49314141
>Aether Vial
Nailed it.
>>
File: 1308977754001.jpg (40KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
1308977754001.jpg
40KB, 600x416px
OH I'M SORRY, I COULDN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY ARM PIECE OF TOASTY AND FREEZY, RAMESH.

>>49314204
>>
File: en_GU9is2NS2n.png (202KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_GU9is2NS2n.png
202KB, 265x370px
>>
File: en_8lZsJoQ7s1.png (187KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_8lZsJoQ7s1.png
187KB, 265x370px
This might be slightly fucking good if drafted.
>>
So what do you think the special series will be for Amonkhet?
So far we've had lands and artifacts.
Sorceries? Instants? Creatures? Enchantments?
>>
>>49314230
Not grind stone but close enough.
>>
File: Seeyabud.png (399KB, 630x268px) Image search: [Google]
Seeyabud.png
399KB, 630x268px
>>49314230
Is painter really worth a masterpiece? I still prefer the shadomoor version
>>
File: en_id8ZT81Q1j.png (188KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_id8ZT81Q1j.png
188KB, 265x370px
>>49314264
The only Damnation reprint we'll ever get.
>>
>>49314141
>they are flavored as entries to the Inventor's Fair
>all unique art fitting the world they're in
>pretty aesthetic overall

Why haven't they done this years ago?

That being said, another +10% of art per set is quite the price increase for Wizards.
>>
Holy shit
I'm buying a box.
>>
File: L&S.png (203KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
L&S.png
203KB, 265x370px
So what are the only shitty masterpieces?

The Mechs and Meme Walker?
>>
>>49314264
>So what do you think the special series will be for Amonkhet?

Not wise to speculate until we know more about the place.

But my money is on Damnation and the original Nicol Bolas creature.
>>
File: en_j46xIRvJAy.png (196KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_j46xIRvJAy.png
196KB, 265x370px
>>
>>49314268
>Is painter really worth a masterpiece?
Yes. That innocuous little bigger absolutely deserves it.
>>
>>49314281
It's nothing next to the amount of bad decision dollars they'll rake in by having supermythics.
>>
>>49314230
>>49314268
>they both paint things whether the things want it or not
>>
>>49314303
But the masterpiece version doesn't even look like a scarecrow.
>>
>>49314281
Magic has recently gained a much larger player base, in the US at least, so they have more funds to do that sort of stuff. And after the player base got bigger a lot of cards have exploded in price to amounts that are just silly
>>
>>49314278
UHHHHHHHHHH that looks amazing
>>
File: en_ZfKXxCKtAc.png (196KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_ZfKXxCKtAc.png
196KB, 265x370px
>>49314294
>Hangarback
>shitty
u wot m8
>>
>>49314229
>Kumar by the powers above who would want hot and cold at the same time?
>It's unique product Ramesh, a collectors item you wouldn't understand the subtleties!
>You attached the wrong kind of element didn't you?
>I, ah, yes...
>Well no harm no foul
>Also I spent the rent on making it
>KUMAR! Come on we'll have to search the whole city some someone stupid and enough to take this off our hands

Coming this summer, Ramesh and Kumar's 1st feature length adventure!
>>
File: en_7IAcLkAenz.png (175KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_7IAcLkAenz.png
175KB, 265x370px
>RAMESH, I HAVE IMPREGNANTED A ROBOT AND NOW IT IS SAD...
>...I... No...
>>
>>49314294
Curio, Petal, and Greaves
>>
>>49314337
>greaves
>shitty

u wot mate
>>
>>49314268
I think EDH really likes it, and it is notable for the OTK mill combo in Vintage.
>>
>>49314306
Which is why they greenlighted it. I'm happy they do these things with style and quality. They could've just slapped some regular mythic reprints on the foil sheet with old illustrations and called it a day. But they made all new illustrations instead for them, new borders, new printing process AND made them fit into the world.

A fucking PLUS
>>
File: en_5jLYnbEUna.png (177KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_5jLYnbEUna.png
177KB, 265x370px
>I FEEL IT KUMAR
>What do you feel Ramesh
>THE NEED FOR SPEED
>>
>>49314355
It's banned in EDH
>>
>>49314355
>EDH Really likes Painter's Servent
>Banned in EDH

Try again senpai.
>>
>>49314324
Didn't say it made sense. It just deserves to be honored.
>>
>>49314336
>This triggers the Ramesh
>"She was so pretty in my arms."
>>
>>49314293
>he thinks a box has a good chance of pulling a masterpiece
Buy a case.
>>
File: en_tX1ImvfBV3.png (188KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_tX1ImvfBV3.png
188KB, 265x370px
>>
>>49314376
>>49314384
Still a notable card.
>>
>>49309198
>this will never happen
>>
>>49314394
>He thinks I have that much money to waste
I also want most of the set cards
>>
>Ramesh, I created a sword that will make your crops grow!
>You hit them with a sword?
>No, you hit the enemy, like this rat I'm holding. See, the fern is looking greener already. I call it the sword of feast and famine!
>Why famine?
>Whenever you hit someone with it they become stupid and forget to eat.
>>
>>49314294
I think only the hulks actually. All other masterpieces are cards that are wanted in some format or another. If you don't need or want one yourself you'll always be able to trade it.

I can see it now, it'll be BFZ all over again. All those packs and not one, not even fucking one expedition.
>>
File: stupid.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
stupid.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
I just now realized that those masterpieces represent the entries of the different inventors attending the inventor's fair. I feel like an idiot. Very cool flavor though.
>>
File: 1410986712928.png (120KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
1410986712928.png
120KB, 284x339px
>no mindslaver

o-ok
>>
>>49309236
If someone plays crypt and sol ring t1 scooping is the right answer. They already dropped something at least 2 turns ahead of the curve too probably, and even if they didnt there are no 1 drops that destroy two artifacts, they are up two mana for at least another turn. The game is over already, you are just drawing it out past this point.
>>
File: en_Te4nde8BQy.png (190KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_Te4nde8BQy.png
190KB, 265x370px
>>
>>49314416
>EDH
Yes it will.
>>
>>49314441
It will be in Return to New Phyrexia in 1.5 years.
>>
>>49314441

There's still Aether Revolt.
>>
>>49314447
Not quite Winter Orb levels of BM, but let's be honest, who wouldn't just scoop to this?
>>
File: 130821072651.gif (314KB, 352x177px) Image search: [Google]
130821072651.gif
314KB, 352x177px
>>49314255
I need this.
Steel Overseer is my man. He's the card that got me into the game.
>>
>>49309198
It's also hilarious to see them wiff the coin flip 4 Turns in a row.
>>
File: en_AkF4KJrbXC.png (196KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_AkF4KJrbXC.png
196KB, 265x370px
>>
>mfw my kozilek edh deck runs 10/30 of the masterpieces and 3 of the other pieces i want to add

almost 50% chance of bling or upgrade on a masterpiece pull. feels good
>>
File: 1386943069481.png (136KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1386943069481.png
136KB, 480x640px
>Kaladesh is so pretty
>Seriously it's just fuckn' gorgeous
>All this cool shit
>Getting firebombed by Chandra and Terror-Mom next set
>Ramesh and Kumar will be out of the job

Why, Wizards why? It could have been comfy.

COMFY!!!
>>
>>49314477
>Brighthearth
Kek
>>
>>49314385
I think they just saw the potencial for good art.
>>
>>49314430
>not having $500 to throw away on a whim
Step it up.
>>
File: en_zbismRR7VJ.png (197KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_zbismRR7VJ.png
197KB, 265x370px
>>
>>49314462
People that run Nature's Claim and similar.
>>
>What does this one do?
>I made rings that copy things!
>I made rings that copy things!
>That actually sounds useful.
>I'm going to win twice this year!
>I'm going to win twice this year!
>Stop that.
>No.
>No.
>>
File: 1470262234171.jpg (43KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
1470262234171.jpg
43KB, 640x627px
>Feel sad for Hangarback Walker leaving standard before Kaladesh
>It gets turned into a Masterpiece
>It can't be used on Standard anyway
>SHIT value compared to any other masterpiece

WHY?
Why the fuck is Wizard mocking us like this?
>>
>>49314484
>on a masterpiece pull
Anon, I...
>>
>>49314494
What's a brith and why is it on Earth?
>>49314496
Yeah, maybe they gave an artist or two their own choice.
>>
>>49314509
Why?
>>
>>49314509
Supremely underrated edh card.
>>
>>49314521
It's probably getting reprinted, chill
>>
>>49314532
Mirrodin reprint now with an actual Vedalken and not a random elf.
>>
>>49314519
10/10
10/10
>>
File: en_LCChgkZUMv.png (193KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_LCChgkZUMv.png
193KB, 265x370px
>>
>>49314522
shh, its okay. the crushing weight of reality will hit me later. For now, I shall remain blissfully unaware.
>>
>>49308943
>they're reprints, so eternal players will want to open boxes!
Fuck off, this doesn't even drop the price of the cards.

Fuck wizards
>>
>>49314486
>"Everything's on fire, Kumar! We have to get out of here now!"
>"NO RAMESH. It's ok. I must stay with my darling. Who will appreciate her if not for me?"
>"Kumar the Simulacrum left weeks ago... You couldn't keep up the child support."
>"SHE WILL COME BACK TO ME, RAMESH. She always does."
>"You're thinking of the boomerang again..."
>"I know, Ramesh. I attatched a boomerang to her back so she'll always come back."
>"I'm on fire, Kumar."
>"MY HEART IS ON FIRE, RAMESH."
>>
>>49314550
The theming and flavor text on this is outstanding.
>>
>>49314522
>pulled no expeditions when drafting Zendikar every week
>two people traded me their enemy fetchlands for 20 worthless EDH cards and I even showed them how much their lands were worth
>"It's okay. You can have the card."
>"O-okay."
>>
>>49314556
It will probably tank the other cards prices
>>
>>49314550
Limited killer, thank god it'll almost never happen.
>>
>>49314556
It doesn't drop the price. That's not the intention. It's to scam edh players into reducing the cost of stsndard by cracking boxes just for the fancy sol ring and then selling out the standard staples.
>>
>>49314541
It isn't maro said that there would be a cycle from kaladesh in the masterpieces and that would be it.
>>
>>49314584
If it's playable you'll pay. That's how it work anon, that's how it always work.
>>
>>49314585
Wait, these things are legal in limited?

Is wizards run by turkies?
>>
File: en_TkBPep86Gq[1].png (175KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_TkBPep86Gq[1].png
175KB, 265x370px
>>49308943
This appears to confirm that one mana is an extremely powerful unit of power.
>>
>>49314606
Everything is playable
>>
>>49314607
Yes, if you draft one of them you can run it.

1 out of 144 boosters have one, so I doubt you will have to worry about it.
>>
Imagine how much cooler this would be if the reserve list wasn't at thing. Imagine pulling a fucking Lotus/Mox from this.
>>
>>49314621
That wasn't true with Expeditions, why should it be true of these things?
>>
>>49314607
Thankfully they are too rare to have an actual impact. Wizards might change the policy eventually if these fuck up Limited too much and players complain.
>>
>>49314612
A single mana from a petal of the black lotus? Yeah, it kinda is. And keep reading after the comma.
>>
>>49314629
You could draft expeditions in BFZ
>>
>>49314612
>The whole city is powered by one mana
>mfw the city is powered by a Raging Goblin
>mfw the city is powered by a Hornet Sting
>mfw the city is powered by an Eldrazi Mimic.
>>
>>49314629

Because they literally just said so in the article introducing them.
>>
File: 1397820441408.png (20KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1397820441408.png
20KB, 235x235px
I like the lore implications.
>Bolas has knowledge and possible access to all these fancy-ass artifacts
>>
>>49314629
You could play drafted expeditions.
>>
>>49314629
Except it was true with expeditions, are you high?

It wasn't true with the original legendary treasures from Zendikar, however. Probably only because playing Charizard would be stupid.
>>
We need a new thread for Ramesh and Kumar soon shitters!
>>
>>49314607
Yes, you can draft them, or open them in your pool. Enjoy getting shat on during pre-release because someone pulled static orb or a sword.
>>
>>49314647