[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Running campaign >Only one player >So i have various

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: holy_shit_by_maseb123-d534uzd.jpg (51KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
holy_shit_by_maseb123-d534uzd.jpg
51KB, 750x600px
>Running campaign
>Only one player
>So i have various party members join
>Only 3 at a time tho
>He ends up getting his 3 favorites
>Likes them both for battle and their personalities
>Fast forward to last nights game
>Him and his 3 favorite party members get caught in a trap
>Light wall
>BBEG says "One of you must walk through the wall, and they will die"
>Basically he needs to give up a party member
>Tries everything he can to get out of it
>Doesn't succeed
>Tries to sacrifice one but changes mind at last second after remembering how they met
>Mfw he says "Fine I know what I need to do"
>Has his own character walk through the light wall
Sometimes your players really surprise you. He now only controls his party members. I gave each of em new abilities in remembrance of his character
>>
im a sucker for heroic self sacrifice
>>
>>49300100
I even warned him that he wont be coming back if he does this. I always like to make choice in my games final. So yes his character is going to stay dead, he made his choice, he needs to live with it.
>>
>>49298868
neat
>>
>>49300879
What the party member mechanic? Or his sacrifice?
>>
>>49298868
I wish I had people that weren't so low energy when doing a 1 on 1 campaign. Only ever had one good one.

>CG ranger player
>looking to overthrow lich that rules an Escape from New York-style prison city so he can Make Cityname Great Again
>one campaign was essentially kidnapping several necromancer cronies and punching them in the face until they gave up information
>makes friends with one by offering him a tavern to run when shit is over
>intimidates a sleazy mineboss into following him
>none of them have any combat skills, end up being mascots and lore dispensers
>fast forward a few weeks, he's used his charisma ans skills with beating the snot out of important people to raise a ragtag army of thieves, rapists, and murders to overthrow lich king
>kills king, finds out the real lich sealed his conscious in a crown, and uses anyone who puts it on as a puppet
>he decides to put it on
>areyousureyouwannadothat.jpg
>yes
>decide to let him make an opposing charisma check to see if he can overpower the lich's influence
>he rolls a 17+3, lich rolled 5 with a +10
>day is saved, PC has necromantic powers as well as being a king of the city
>good end
>>
>>49298868
inb4 the player turns out to be suicidal
>>
>>49300854
You the big bad evil guy now
>>
>>49301988
How so? He sacrificed his character, he needs to live with it. If he wanted to keep him he would sacrifice someone else.
>>
>>49301104
In a lot of ways, sacrifice where you don't know the outcome is a lot worse than impending doom. You're basically playing Russian Roulette, you can't come to terms and you're filled with terror to the last instant.
>>
>>49298868

I'm playing a campaign sort of like that right now, except I don't actively control the other party members, and we're currently at thief, cleric, fighter(I'm the cleric).

It's 2e, and today we encountered a Huecuva(I figured out what it was on my third religion check, I kept rolling like 19s) at level one. Fighter got fucked by its curse effect, me and the thief carried him out of the dungeon, I gave him all I could but it clearly wasn't doing shit, drag him back to town, neither I nor the village priest can do anything for him, but there is a hag nearby...

Anyways, pretty much the entire session ended up being trying to save him. We got lucky and very few random encounters, but there was an awful lot of roleplay where we argued about whether we should take rests and stuff. I was panicking- my first thought on meating this guy was "I don't want to be responsible for him dying"(he has asthma), and I could see him dying in front of me. I promised to accomplish something that might be beyond me, but fuck it, if I have to reneg on a deal with a powerful witch, I'd rather do it with my fighter healthy and by my side than without, and I will do everything in my power to fulfil that deal. She saved his fucking life, man.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.