[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I had an idea for a game that might appeal to /tg/'s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: download (2).jpg (11KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11KB, 253x199px
So, I had an idea for a game that might appeal to /tg/'s palate. I call it Kobolds vs. Crypt Raiders

The basic concept is that it's a Miniatures game where three or more players play as a team of Adventurers, and face off against one or more players who control a team of Tucker's Kobolds. The idea is that you're given a map(drawn on a grid mat), and the kobold team uses a point buy system to purchase traps, monsters, and other defenses in order to defend an objective. These traps range from the save or suck/take damage to the OSR Save or Die variety.

To counterbalance that, the Crypt Raiders have much more character customization, and are able to get better movement, saves on trap types, and special abilities.

What do you guys think? If there's enough interest, I'm willing to actually work on designing the game.
>>
>>49296314
I like it. Might want to give diffrent racial options (goblins with weaker units but more inventive traps, orcs with almost no traps but strong units) for the dungeon player.
>>
>>49296613
Yeah. I was thinking I would use a modified version of the Basic Fantasy RPG or a similar retroclone, except skin it down to the point where any given character sheet could fit on a 3x5" note card.
>>
>>49296802
Maybe. TTRPG mechanics don't always transfer well to wargames, though. Maybe something like Mordheim?
>>
>>49296887
Possibly... I'm going to look into various other Skirmish games first, as that's really what this game is, with one side able to field terrain pieces instead of more units.
>>
>>49297153
How would character customization work? Purchasing certain unit profiles, or directly assembling them?
>>
>>49296314
Yeah, that sounds pretty cool, honestly. How would the kobold/dungeon player mark where traps are without the Crypt Raiders being tipped off that there's something on that square?
>>
>>49297237
Maybe a separate map that the dungeon player marks at the beginning of the game, then places face-down.
>>
>>49297184
I'm thinking each Crypt player has a pool if points to buy stats and abilities with, while Kobold players flat out choose a race, which has all the same stats, their choose of a single ability, and a pool based on what race they chose. They also get a cost adjustment for certain traps/pieces. Orks might be able to get a trained Warg unit for cheaper, Kobolds get a great price for all mechanical traps, etc.

>>49297275
That was my Way of thinking of it. My other option was that you have flat tokens or poker chips you place anywhere a trap might be placed. Some of them are decoys, others are actual traps. You just flip them over and it reveals what kind of trap it is.
>>
>>49296314
Bump for interest

Also, hex or square tiles. It will it not matter?
>>
>>49299215
In my mind it's square, but I know if I don't include a Hex option fa/tg/uys will rage, so I'll keep it polyhedric-neutral.
>>
Ok, so after reviewing a couple of systems, I think I like /tg/'s Angry Miniatures in terms of being rules-lite and easy to stat for.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Angry_miniatures

Anyone have a better suggestion?
>>
>>49299583
Could work.
>>
>>49299583
Looks like a good starting point as any
>>
>>49299583
From what you've described of the game, I think we don't want "magic" as just an AOE attack.
>>
>>49301284
Probably. Magic will likely be more utility based, disabling or avoiding arcane style traps, becoming invisible. Skillmonkey stuff. Archers will likely be the only ranged attackers, with the exception of some race for the Dungeon Keepers.

I'm also going to have to introduce a Line of Sight Mechanic, and I'm not too big a fan of the Poker Dice. Anyone have favorite suggestions for alternatives?
>>
>>49302168
If you stick with square tiles you can have the map labeled with numbers going left to right and Bottom to top.
Then on a piece of paper the dungeon keeper can write the numerical pair for the location on the map where the trap is located
>>
>>49304197

>>49302168
Shit i misread your post. For some reason i thought you didn't like the poker chip trap marker idea.
>>
>>49304197
And the "T" marked on the map would be there in the game, it's just a visual to help you see where i would have placed the trap.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.