[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not with the intent of being a minmaxer or anything like that,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Not with the intent of being a minmaxer or anything like that, but how would you handle relativity in DnD 5e?
>>
Relativity as in physics or as in the human morality?
>>
>>49284140
The physics kind
>>
>>49284095

I wouldn't. It's a world literally made of magic.
>>
>>49284151
anyone hit by an object travelling at relativistic speeds gets instagibbed
>>
>>49284095
I wouldn't. D&D already has Spelljammer to address material-plane physics.
>>
>>49284095
Just what about relativity do you even want to model? It's a complex fucking topic.
>>
>>49284095

There is a god of time. Time is relative to him. It is absolute for everybody else.

For that matter, there is no speed of light either. Light is instant, and definitely a wave of energy and not a particle.

Further, there are no elements the way we think of them. Take a rock. You can break it, and break it, and break it, and you will continue to get smaller and smaller pieces of that same rock, never an atomic particle. Although, at some arbitrarily small size, it simply ceases to exist.
>>
Let me clarify something- I'm having my players fight subatomic beasties as the result of a lich fucking with them. I just wanted to know the mechanics of how I would handle relativity.
>>
>>49284140

Well this is /tg/, so always assume incest if that's a possibility.

We wouldn't have 5e without it!
>>
>>49284314

We're gonna need you to supply a stat box or something more as you seem to be talking about tiny things on a quantum scale rather than fast or massive things, which is more relativities' schtick.

The obvious way to get relativity into DnD 5e would be to port the fucking "Demi-Plane of Time" (not to be confused with the Quasi-Elemental Plane of Thyme, filled as it is with bones of dyslexic chronomancers) into your game and have it function a little like the matrix in early editions of Shadowrun or the back channel does in Toriko.
>>
https://what-if.xkcd.com/1/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.